Forum Settings
Forums

You have the chance to eliminate one anime from ever existing. What anime is it?

New
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 28, 2017 2:32 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Sword Art Online. Just rid it from our consciousness.
Sep 28, 2017 2:49 PM

Feb 2015
If I had to choose between an anime, it would either be -

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, since it's a cringe worthy crappy mess full of plot holes and it has a rather pretentious fanbase that is pretty toxic towards anyone that dislikes it.

or

Fate series, seriously, Fate just simply annoys me, it's nothing new, it's writing is terrible (in it's source material VN as well), the art style is extremely generic and all characters are walking archetypes with no substance to them besides their initial character trope.

But the fans overthink every aspect of it and think that the poor cringey attempts at trying to look like a more intelligent work than it is with things like ''Just because you're right, it doesn't mean you're correct'' or ''People die when they're killed''
Overall, they think it's writing is fantastic like it's the freaking Ulysses of the anime medium.
Anime List|Manga List | Discord: Azureal#2963
Sep 28, 2017 3:35 PM

Jan 2014
3 anime come to mind

No Game No Life-One of the worst anime ever, delete this shit

Yuri On Ice-Easily the most cancer fan base

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica-pretentious AF
DoctorWasabiSep 28, 2017 3:38 PM
Sep 28, 2017 3:56 PM

Apr 2017
DoctorWasabi said:
Yuri On Ice-Easily the most cancer fan base
Please don't mention cancerous fan-bases with One Piece all over your profile
Sep 28, 2017 4:11 PM
Feb 2016
Shiki. Only kept watching because someone said there was a twist. Nope, there wasn't. It just sucked, quite literally. I wanted every single character to die and their entire world to burn so there was nothing left but scorched earth. Why make an anime like that? I still don't understand. Was it just to anger people? For what purpose? It defies logic. So yes, I would very much like to eliminate it from ever existing. The world would be a better place.
Sep 28, 2017 4:30 PM

Sep 2016
You know what, forget about anime. I would erase all of you people who use words like "pretentious" and "edgy" to criticise something.

Sep 28, 2017 4:46 PM

Oct 2015
man some of you guys are just party poopers

OT: was gonna say Evangalion, but that had a pretty big impact on the anime industry and perhaps indirectly gave birth to TTGL and Trigger.

I guess...the new Berserk. That shit is just a disgrace to the manga.
The peasant is bound by the king. The king is bound by the peasants and their kingdom. But the Viking is bound to nothing but themselves.

Sep 28, 2017 5:06 PM

Sep 2017
Fairy tail, without a shadow of a doubt.
Sep 28, 2017 5:37 PM

Aug 2016
Menzo- said:
Re:Zero, I haven't even seen it I just rather dislike it's cancerous fanbase.

Ugh. There are so many terrible anime to erase, and you choose the best isekai anime ever made? And one of the very few good isekai ever made?

Salokannel2 said:
If this was an edgy forum board I'd go with "your favorite anime" but since it isn't no wait.. I guess I'll go with FMA:B

Not because it's bad, but because it's been on the top of MAL for too long

Really? Delete one of the best anime ever made... because its one of the best anime ever made?

AnimeotakuWeeb said:
JoseiQueen said:
Everyone would forget the show ever happened and no one will ever remember it. What anime is it?

Sofia's choice

One punch man
Attack on titan
Mob psycho 100
my hero academia

You have shit taste. Seriously, you just rate shows with either ecchi or tsundere troups highly.

Deknijff said:
I feel SAO is being highly mentioned
like ok guys its popular and also popular to hate on but honestly there will always be a SAO which is super hyped and ends up being a major let down for failing to deliver on expectations
so try to mention a show you actually hate instead of disappointments

SAO wasn't actually mentioned that much here. Pretty sure Re:Zero (which ironically is pretty much a version of SAO, without all the problems SAO had), has gotten more votes here.
Sep 28, 2017 5:48 PM
Sep 2017
idontknowwhat said:

Ugh. There are so many terrible anime to erase, and you choose the best isekai anime ever made? And one of the very few good isekai ever made?

Salokannel2 said:
If this was an edgy forum board I'd go with "your favorite anime" but since it isn't no wait.. I guess I'll go with FMA:B

AnimeotakuWeeb said:

Sofia's choice

One punch man
Attack on titan
Mob psycho 100
my hero academia

You have shit taste.

Say the guy with Akame ga Kill!, Tokyo Ghoul, Neon Genesis Evangelion as Favorites

FEMINISM IS CANCER!!!!!
Sep 28, 2017 6:08 PM

Mar 2016
idontknowwhat said:

SAO wasn't actually mentioned that much here. Pretty sure Re:Zero (which ironically is pretty much a version of SAO, without all the problems SAO had), has gotten more votes here.

Sao gets hate, because people like to hate on it when it wasn't even that bad. Could you tell which problems sao had that re:zero fixed lol? I dont know any. It's mc was horrible and kirito was atleast entertaining.
Sep 28, 2017 6:19 PM

Aug 2016
AnimeotakuWeeb said:
idontknowwhat said:

You have shit taste.

Say the guy with Akame ga Kill!, Tokyo Ghoul, Neon Genesis Evangelion as Favorites

I haven't updated that since I first joined MAL.

I do like NGE, and AgK and TG are more protests about how much hate the animes receive than anything.

Note that my rating of AgK is a 6. TG is a 7 or 8, I think, but its mostly for what it could've been. It deserves a 6/7.

NGE is just plain classic.

dvbx_073 said:
idontknowwhat said:

Sao gets hate, because people like to hate on it when it wasn't even that bad. Could you tell which problems sao had that re:zero fixed lol? I dont know any. It's mc was horrible and kirito was atleast entertaining.

SAO has lots of problems.

The author knows fuck all about video games. Pacing is shit. Focuses too much on de waifu's that don't get enough characterization. Refusal to actually make any of the plot meaninful. Kirito is OP Mary Sue.

I'm currently on episode 6 is Re:Zero. Subaru is much more relatable than Kirito, even though I regularly disagree with things Subaru does. Much better payoffs. Not an OP Mary Sue. Actually has to work to get waifu's. Much funnier overall.
Decent worldbuilding without info dumps.

Again, though, I'm just on episode 6.
Sep 28, 2017 6:26 PM

Jun 2011
Kapparina said:
Vanellotastic said:

Any particular reason for that? I can only assume you mean the fanbase around it.

One of the worst fanbases out there. I will not act like an expert because im not one but anime community would be way better without naruto.

To me, Naruto was the first time I knew other anime fans existed in my life. Sorry Naruto can stay. Naruto cosplays were the first cosplays (and I have asked other fans too and they all agree) that were commercially available without making it yourself. Followed close by Final Fantasy. People talked for YEARS about the manga first before the anime dub was even on television here. (remember pre internet being super accessible and also remember not being able to stream just anything you wanted... and having to actually wait for the dub- Naruto was the last anime people needed to truly do that with)

Naruto was a phenomenon which was a logical continuation of Pokemania. If you call Naruto bad as a fandom, you have to call Pokemon bad as a fandom (circa 1998-2004). And I don't think you are ready to do that. I say this as someone who didn't even watch Naruto but watched Inuyasha instead... and trust me, people thought my fandom was full of annoying fangirls too. Mostly because we were 12.

Because of Naruto's popularity MANGA WISE, suddenly manga was being sold in normal stores, I had access to a lot of things I didn't before. More risky titles were being given chances because of the wider fanbase.
Energetic-NovaSep 28, 2017 6:31 PM
The anime community in a nutshell.
Sep 28, 2017 6:32 PM
Dec 2015
Danganronpa the Animation. While not bad on its own it's a mediocre anime that ruins the amazing game.
Sep 28, 2017 6:34 PM
Jun 2017
Lucky Star.
The anime that started moe.
Sep 28, 2017 7:13 PM

Apr 2017
Gintama or Highschool DXD.

Sep 28, 2017 7:20 PM

Sep 2017
I'm stuck between Fairy Tail and Dragon Ball z
Fairy Tail is borderline cringey and so is Dragon ball z..
hi,i like you.
Sep 28, 2017 7:35 PM

Sep 2017
I have many I wish I didn't see, although being forced to watch the NEW Pokemon with my little siblings is dreadful.
I enjoy the old series a bit more -I admit- but not the new ones.
>:l
Sep 28, 2017 7:40 PM

Sep 2014
I would go for Nobunaga The Fool, Personally found it to be messy and destroying many historic figures by using their names.
Sep 28, 2017 8:49 PM
Have a nice day

Apr 2017
Another, just an absolute mess of an anime. Started out decent, wish I liked it.
Sep 28, 2017 8:53 PM
Sep 2017
Any anime with a Shota in it.

If I had to pick one anime in particular though, I would give it to Bungou Stray Dogs. It is such a boring show to me and with a cool concept. I would rather this disappointment not exist.
Sep 28, 2017 9:20 PM

Jul 2017
Danganronpa 3 future arc. Still dont know what the production team is thinking when they made that ending...
Sep 28, 2017 9:39 PM
Sep 2016
School Days, without a doubt. The main lead is an all around horrible character (along with most of the characters in that series) and it also gives the meaning of wtf did I just watch.
Sep 28, 2017 10:32 PM

Aug 2015
Tezuka Osamu's original Astro Boy.

Because then Anime probably wouldn't exist. Or at least would get delayed a decade or two.

Why? Because getting rid of it would have the biggest effect on the history of anime.
Meh... It takes effort to make a good signature...
SIGKILL
*close shell*

If you ever want to discuss anything, please read this first: https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/
Sep 28, 2017 11:40 PM

Sep 2015
idontknowwhat said:
Salokannel2 said:

Really? Delete one of the best anime ever made... because its one of the best anime ever made?
Ummh yeah I mean FMAB is good but imo it's not one of the best of all time. I wouldn't miss it if it were to dissappear.
Sep 28, 2017 11:43 PM

Nov 2015
That would surely be Tokyo Ghoul...

Sep 28, 2017 11:49 PM

Oct 2014
Tokyo Ghoul's horrible adaptation
Sep 29, 2017 12:54 AM
Feb 2016
Hard choice between
Fairy tail
No game no life
Soul eater
Assassination classroom
Sep 29, 2017 12:55 AM
Jul 2017
Boku no pico. I haven't watch it but i hate this moment:
"what anime?"
"boku no pico"

Like... Oh plz stop =-=
Sep 29, 2017 1:45 AM

Sep 2009
Do I get to pick a Franchise? If so, I'd pick the Monogatari series.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Sep 29, 2017 3:09 AM

Sep 2016
Boruto. Naruto was enough let it die
MONIKA ONLY
Sep 29, 2017 3:17 AM
Jan 2017
Death Note.. ..everything about it
Signatureless
Sep 29, 2017 3:39 AM

May 2015
Steins;gate so that nothing of value would be lost.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2017 4:09 AM

Mar 2016
JoseiQueen said:
Everyone would forget the show ever happened and no one will ever remember it. What anime is it?

Yuri on Ice!!!

because I have a personal vendetta.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2017 4:14 AM

Jan 2011
I'd just eliminate Boku Dake, or at least it's few last episodes.
Sep 29, 2017 4:16 AM

Aug 2015
Either Bleach or SAO.. But I'll go with SAO...

If SAO never exist, I won't try so hard to finish that...

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Sep 29, 2017 4:21 AM

Sep 2016
 freezing, man. never saw a show that could hurt me so much.
Sep 29, 2017 4:23 AM

Feb 2016
InsaneLeader13 said:
...Dead Leaves. No anime should cause physical pain to whoever watches it.

thats a weird way of spelling Madoka

idk about deleting tho, maybe Fairy Tail cause its long af and wasted large amounts of my time

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Sep 29, 2017 4:27 AM

Sep 2017
SAO,
Holy knight,
D gray man Hallow,
Btooom
Sep 29, 2017 5:05 AM

Mar 2014
Masamune-kun no revenge, or any generic harem would do.
Sep 29, 2017 6:50 AM

Jul 2016
Manaban said:
Theonewhorules said:
In nisemonogatari there were a lot less emotions and ideas

Idk, I kind of take issue with this statement because Nise was the only Monogatari with a theme and idea that didn't come across as motivational poster schlock to me. I wrote about it here in the spoilers a bit but I actually would say that the idea it had was the best one in the whole series.

Plus it had the best fanservice bar none. Nisemonogatari best monogatari.

Well you're right about that part standing out it was drowned out by the needless conversations with other characters. If the arc was more focused on Karen and Tsuki's arc was longer the show would have been much better.

I don't really the fan service the show actually. I found it a distraction and not really fun. Despite Karen being very sexual all the fan service felt forced and took me out of the experience.

I adore the tone of the show. The "poster schlock" as you said.

I've never looked into any works of schlock but I think you mean kinda pretentious? I would argue that Nisemonogatari is still like that but feels off with all the nothing that happens
Sep 29, 2017 7:03 AM

Jul 2015
Rewrite

God-awful adaptation. I never thought a Key adaptation would go that low in quality.

Sep 29, 2017 7:36 AM

Nov 2015
Erase Evangelion 1.0+2.0 since I don't feel like they add anything to the franchise whatsoever.

Erase Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira because it actually deters the quality of the franchise as a whole.

Erase 90% of Psycho Pass S2 and use it's remaining 10% of interesting concepts and ideas to craft a much better series in it's place.

Erase the first 10 episodes of Brotherhood and copy paste the first 25 episodes of the 2003 series in their place (with some minor reworks)
✧༝┉˚*❋ ❋*˚┉༝✧

鼻をくすぐるGunpowder & Smoke
ジャララ飛び交うEmpty gun cartridges
紅いヒールに見惚れて うっかり風穴欲しいヤツは 挙手をしな

・゚✧*:・゚✧ 🍰 ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ♡‧₊˚

✧༝┉˚*❋ ❋*˚┉༝✧

Sep 29, 2017 9:38 AM

Mar 2016
idontknowwhat said:

SAO has lots of problems.

The author knows fuck all about video games. Pacing is shit. Focuses too much on de waifu's that don't get enough characterization. Refusal to actually make any of the plot meaninful. Kirito is OP Mary Sue.

I'm currently on episode 6 is Re:Zero. Subaru is much more relatable than Kirito, even though I regularly disagree with things Subaru does. Much better payoffs. Not an OP Mary Sue. Actually has to work to get waifu's. Much funnier overall.
Decent worldbuilding without info dumps.

Again, though, I'm just on episode 6.

Are you watching the episodes where Subaru is messing around in the mansion having comedic moments that aren't funny, with a cliffhanger at the end of the episode to keep you interested? You can literally skip those and watch the last 2 minutes, and you'd miss nothing.
Everything you say that happens in SAO also happens in re:zero...
Can't compare the characterization when re:zero's characters are as empty as they are....
Subara is so bad that I could write a book about it while Kirito is just ok, not good but pretty ok. Guess it's taste would rather watch OP mary sue instead of whiny bitchboy. I expect you will like the show untill the end and can not say to much otherwise I would spoil the entire thing.
Sep 29, 2017 9:39 AM
Mar 2017
Boku no Pico
It's honestly an embarrassment that something like that exists and gets attention.
Sep 29, 2017 9:51 AM

Jul 2015
Salokannel2 said:

You would let everyone forget FMA:B?

You're a monster.
Sep 29, 2017 10:07 AM

Mar 2015
Subaru's character is irredeemable, I'd wipe Re:Zero off the drawing board myself. The supporting cast fawning over his utter stupidity doesn't help.
LordoftheHorizonSep 29, 2017 10:29 AM
Sep 29, 2017 10:34 AM
Jul 2018
Neon Genesis Evangelion.

It has ruined a generation. So many young people took their own lives or even worse, became "deep" emo kids nobody understands, and now as adults think they are still being the cool misfit underdog nobody understands and destroying our societies which took thousands of years and millions of dead to build.
Sep 29, 2017 10:40 AM
Sep 2017
School days! That ruined my childhood and I wish it never existed.
Sep 29, 2017 10:53 AM

Oct 2013
hot 2 many but Aldnoah.Zero....actual; I like the music so maybe not......

Cyborg_Icarus29 said:
the godawful berserk 2016 adaptation. it's a freaking disgrace that should not exist.

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» thoughts on Chinese anime? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ryo-san - Mar 6, 2022

217 by Spunkert »»
19 minutes ago

» Anime you would like to play as a game

nishant0 - Yesterday

19 by Ratris_Decision »»
24 minutes ago

» Have you tried to rewatch your old childhood anime shows as a more conscious anime fan?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

22 by Spunkert »»
26 minutes ago

» What is your most re-watched anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 15

89 by lifesaver64 »»
47 minutes ago

» Do you find how the anime community finds something to be edgy annoying?

vasipi4946 - 10 hours ago

14 by Sorachin »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.