Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime 'Houseki no Kuni' Reveals Additional Cast Members

New
Sep 24, 2017 12:54 AM

Nov 2007
The official website for the upcoming Houseki no Kuni TV anime has announced additional cast members. In addition, TOHO animation has released an animated music video featuring the opening theme song "Kyoumen no Nami" by YURiKA. The anime will air on Saturdays at 9:30 p.m. starting October 7 on AT-X, followed by Tokyo MX, BS11, and MBS. It will also be available via various streaming services such as dAnime Store, Hulu, YouTube, and more beginning October 8.

Cast
Watermelon Tourmaline: Sayaka Harada (Urara Meirochou)
Hemimorphite: Reina Ueda (Sakura Quest)
Sphene: Hitomi Nabatame (White Album 2)
Peridot: Houko Kuwashima (Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2202: Ai no Senshi-tachi)

Opening Theme Song Animated Music Video

Source: Moca News
VindstotSep 25, 2017 4:32 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 24, 2017 1:13 AM

Apr 2014
Damn, this looks stunning. Don't mind the CGI, it works here.
Sep 24, 2017 1:15 AM

Jul 2013
As a fan of the manga, i'm looking forward to this.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Sep 24, 2017 2:39 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
I'm more hyped for this with YURiKA performing the OP song
Sep 24, 2017 4:40 AM

Oct 2015
Don't read the manga but I know this will be good.
Sep 24, 2017 5:24 AM

Nov 2013
this looks pretty nice
Sep 24, 2017 7:19 AM

Apr 2015
It looks good. I wish it has a good framerate.
Sep 24, 2017 11:38 AM

Apr 2014
Lol, that CGI was bad. And I'd rather watch Steven Universe than watching this crap.
Haters always gonna hate.
Sep 24, 2017 11:56 AM

May 2015
Hongu said:
Disgusting, disgusting CG.

Watch it before you shit on it.

Sep 24, 2017 11:58 AM

May 2015
Rayzer said:
Lol, that CGI was bad. And I'd rather watch Steven Universe than watching this crap.

How do you know it's crap exactly?

Sep 24, 2017 12:11 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Kittens-kun said:
Rayzer said:

How do you know it's crap exactly?

RULE #1 IN THE COMMUNITY : if its CGI, its automatically crap. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 24, 2017 12:14 PM
May 2015
Hongu said:
Disgusting, disgusting CG.

Better watch the video before you complain about the CG and not every CG will be like Berserk level, especially this one.

Rayzer said:

You want to watch Steven Universe than Houseki no Kuni. A Cartoon that has not consistent art and sometimes the character has different proportion and those not know in which direction it wants to go with the story. And the fight scenes are boring. Here is a video that explains better what is wrong with Steven Universe:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaR8KO4VFPM

But with Houseki no Kuni you have better fights, animation and an interesting story that knows where it wants to go.
Sep 24, 2017 12:15 PM

Apr 2011
I have this show on my PTW list. Overall, this series reminds me a bit of Crystal Gems. :p
Sep 24, 2017 7:15 PM
Sep 2016
Rayzer said:

Thats cause its not "perfect" CG, thus its bad.
Sep 25, 2017 1:09 AM

May 2015
Hongu said:
Kittens-kun said:

Watch it before you shit on it.

ipopa1995 said:

Better watch the video before you complain about the CG and not every CG will be like Berserk level, especially this one.

I like how you people assume I didn't watch the video. Of course I did, it still looks awful.

No, I meant the show.

Sep 25, 2017 9:34 AM

Jul 2008
I still really hate how the characters are CG, their movements are just so stiff. I don't see why they had to over use the CG for the characters. I mean, I'm sure the CG should work in their favor for some scenes (like the fighting scene looks pretty ok and them breaking apart worked well too), but when they are just standing around talking their moments are just so stuff. and the characters design..... I like moe and all, but these characters look way too cute compared to their design in the manga.

Sep 26, 2017 10:54 PM

Aug 2013
Kittens-kun said:
Hongu said:

I like how you people assume I didn't watch the video. Of course I did, it still looks awful.

No, I meant the show.

It could be a great show. Doesn't mean the CG wont still be shit.
Sep 27, 2017 12:11 PM

May 2015
Jonesy974 said:
Kittens-kun said:

No, I meant the show.

It's not a fact that it's shit though.

Sep 27, 2017 8:49 PM

Aug 2013
Kittens-kun said:
Jonesy974 said:

You can call it a subjective taste just like you would anything else: genre, character trope, studio etc. If you don't find it to look shitty, that's your opinion (how many all CGI shows you've watched that let you say that so confidently is another story). Just expect your opinion to remain in the minority though.
Sep 28, 2017 12:50 PM

Feb 2011
Jonesy974 said:
Kittens-kun said:

You can call it a subjective taste just like you would anything else: genre, character trope, studio etc. If you don't find it to look shitty, that's your opinion (how many all CGI shows you've watched that let you say that so confidently is another story). Just expect your opinion to remain in the minority though.

I'm curious about one thing, is there any full CG show where the animation can be said to be "good" ? Names?

If there are, how much this compares, given only this preview?

(I can only remember a movie of final fantasy, with photorealistic animation, but that barely looks like an anime, it had surely a better budget, and this one is a full serie, many more total minutes of animation required)
ZeandoSep 28, 2017 12:58 PM

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Sep 29, 2017 3:55 PM

Aug 2013
Zeando said:
Jonesy974 said:

I'm curious about one thing, is there any full CG show where the animation can be said to be "good" ? Names?

If there are, how much this compares, given only this preview?

(I can only remember a movie of final fantasy, with photorealistic animation, but that barely looks like an anime, it had surely a better budget, and this one is a full serie, many more total minutes of animation required)

If we're talking TV quality CGI (not the FF movies), the ones I've seen so far that I've found to be pretty acceptable were Arpeggio of Blue Steel, and Bubuki Buranki. I heard people didn't mind Ajin either, but I haven't seen it so I couldn't give you an opinion on it.

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
2 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.