Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime 'One Punch Man 2' Announces New Staff Members

New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 25, 2017 10:04 PM

Apr 2014
ClickBaitBuster said:

and if you mean the number of in-house staff that worked on OPM, BnHA and MP 100 then just check their respective ANN pages.

I checked it and majority of the people responsible for the good cuts are freelancers. Who are you even talking?
Sep 25, 2017 10:11 PM

Oct 2014
ClickBaitBuster said:
Somecallme_kj said:
Where did you get your information just so i could fact check.
you mean about reason they changed the studio? well its not like they said anything officially..but I got it from this site and it seem like a more plausible reason than not being able to gather all the freelancer staff who worked in the first season..

and if you mean the number of in-house staff that worked on OPM, BnHA and MP 100 then just check their respective ANN pages.

Sorry but I don't read japanese... so what does that site say exactly?
Sep 25, 2017 10:23 PM
Aug 2016
Z4k said:
ClickBaitBuster said:

I checked it and majority of the people responsible for the good cuts are freelancers. Who are you even talking?
what are you even talking about? I just compared between OPM, BnHA and MP 100's number of in-house staff. The point is, OPM has number of freelancers just like any other anime, and that the reason they changed the studio isn't because there was an especially huge number of freelancers that worked on S1 since, you know..there wasn't an especially huge number of freelancers that worked on S1...
Sep 25, 2017 10:40 PM

Apr 2014
ClickBaitBuster said:
what are you even talking about? I just compared between OPM, BnHA and MP 100's number of in-house staff.

Could you go ahead and list them? I see more freelancers in OPM responsible for the better cuts.

The point is, OPM has number of freelancers just like any other anime, and that the reason they changed the studio isn't because there was an especially huge number of freelancers that worked on S1 since, you know..there wasn't an especially huge number of freelancers that worked on S1...

The reason Madhouse got dropped is because the original staff working on s1 are busy with other projects and the producers probably think the others in the studio couldn't deliver the project sooner so they looked for an alternative.
Sep 25, 2017 10:50 PM
Aug 2016
Bourmegar said:
ClickBaitBuster said:
you mean about reason they changed the studio? well its not like they said anything officially..but I got it from this site and it seem like a more plausible reason than not being able to gather all the freelancer staff who worked in the first season..

I don't read japanese either, I just used google transelate. Basically, the writer of that article commented in the end with the following:
マッドハウスはCCさくらで忙しいんやろな()
"Madhouse is busy with CC sakura"

there was also a couple of comments mentioning it:
NHKでアニメ作ると予算がアホみたいに貰えるからな集英社なんかの作品より優先するのは当たり前
which roughly says "if you work on an anime with NHK (CC sakura) you can be given a far bigger budget than a budget given by Shūeisha (OPM)"

集英社というか出版業界は昔と比べると恐ろしいほどに金が無いから、NHKの作品を取ったんだろ。
roughly "they prioritize the NHK work because Shūeisha and the publishing industry in general isn't offering a lot of money like in the past"
Sep 25, 2017 10:58 PM

Oct 2014
ClickBaitBuster said:
Bourmegar said:

I don't read japanese either, I just used google transelate. Basically, the writer of that article commented in the end with the following:
マッドハウスはCCさくらで忙しいんやろな()

NHKでアニメ作ると予算がアホみたいに貰えるからな集英社なんかの作品より優先するのは当たり前
which roughly says "if you work on an anime with NHK (CC sakura) you can be given a far bigger budget than a budget given by Shūeisha (OPM)"

集英社というか出版業界は昔と比べると恐ろしいほどに金が無いから、NHKの作品を取ったんだろ。
roughly "they prioritize the NHK work because Shūeisha and the publishing industry in general isn't offering a lot of money like in the past"

Well that sounds reasonable.

But I thought that Madhouse was big enough to multiple big works... guess I was wrong...
Sep 25, 2017 11:12 PM

Aug 2011
Bourmegar said:

But I thought that Madhouse was big enough to multiple big works... guess I was wrong...

well Madhouse also got Overlord season 2 and maybe anime that not be announcing yet like NGNL season 2?
Sep 25, 2017 11:16 PM

Apr 2014
Bourmegar said:
ClickBaitBuster said:

They are. I'm not sure why he's even bringing up Cardcaptor Sakura here because they don't even share the same key staff.
Sep 26, 2017 12:26 AM

Sep 2014
LMAO that was a kick in the nuts from Madhouse. xD
Seriously though, my expectations have been lowered upon J.C. Staff taking over the show now. Well as long as they keep JAM's opening there and manage to animate the fighting at least on 1/3rd of Madhouse's quality I guess I will be satisfied.
Sep 26, 2017 1:16 AM

Jul 2012
Welp can only hope that J.C.Staff can deliver and that probably means possible Index 3 postponed till the spring at the very least ...
Sep 26, 2017 2:38 AM
Jun 2016
Oh my J.C. staff, as long as they make it a adaption in the vein of the madhouse one, then at least I could enjoy it.
Sep 26, 2017 2:40 AM

May 2012
Madhouse is dead. They are not doing many anime anymore. The last thing they did was only no game no life movie.
Sep 26, 2017 2:52 AM

Aug 2016
thepath said:
Madhouse is dead. They are not doing many anime anymore. The last thing they did was only no game no life movie.

ACCA: 13 in Winter and Card Captor Sakura next Winter
Sep 26, 2017 3:14 AM

Jun 2015
Blarey said:
Wtf, JC Staff? Madhouse said they were working on it this whole time, what a disappointment. It's probably not going to be anywhere near as good.

And with that, some more hope for anime has been lost...

What's next? Only 12 episodes for Steins;Gate 0?

Check my forum post about why S;G 0 MIGHT only get 12 eps
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Sep 26, 2017 4:28 AM
Aug 2016
Z4k said:
ClickBaitBuster said:
what are you even talking about? I just compared between OPM, BnHA and MP 100's number of in-house staff.

Could you go ahead and list them? I see more freelancers in OPM responsible for the better cuts.

The point is, OPM has number of freelancers just like any other anime, and that the reason they changed the studio isn't because there was an especially huge number of freelancers that worked on S1 since, you know..there wasn't an especially huge number of freelancers that worked on S1...

The reason Madhouse got dropped is because the original staff working on s1 are busy with other projects and the producers probably think the others in the studio couldn't deliver the project sooner so they looked for an alternative.
there you go, I was going to include BnHA, but that would be pain in the ass, and this already took me more time than it should.

Sep 26, 2017 5:03 AM
Aug 2016
Bourmegar said:
ClickBaitBuster said:

Well, Madhouse had a big change back in 2015 when the NTV producer Takahashi Masahiro became its president instead of Hiroyuki Okada. since then, Madhouse haven't done any anime without being part of its production committee, which limited how much project they can make at a given time, my guess is that they didn't have enough money to invest in CCS, Overlord, OPM and that original anime by the NGNL director at the same time. CCS is by far their highest selling anime to date, Overlord is their third highest selling anime right after Death Note, and they will be sitting on top of the production committee of their original anime so they will profit from it the most, so they decided to delay OPM since its the least profitable project for them, but the producers wanted to make it sooner, so they dropped Madhouse all together and give the project to another studio...
Sep 26, 2017 5:31 AM

Jan 2015
ClickBaitBuster said:
flame2frost said:

want
you say as if they are the ones deciding, studios are just people hired to make things for the producers, they can't decided what to do when it comes to adaptations
holy shit..are you saying that studios are slaves to the producers and they can be forced to make sequels even if they didn't want to?

it's their job, studios are hired to do that stuff and paid money for it. they are not incharge of production decisions, producers are
Sep 26, 2017 5:41 AM
Aug 2016
flame2frost said:
ClickBaitBuster said:
holy shit..are you saying that studios are slaves to the producers and they can be forced to make sequels even if they didn't want to?

it's their job, studios are hired to do that stuff and paid money for it. they are not incharge of production decisions, producers are
then you don't even know what animation studio even means.
Sep 26, 2017 5:43 AM

Apr 2013
Interesting, J.C.Staff is actually the only studio I like better than Madhouse. And while I'm not really happy with a studio change for OPM, at least it's J.C.Staff who does it so this is a good and a bad news for me :3
Sep 26, 2017 6:21 AM

Feb 2015
long time no see with mal
see the news
opm second sesaon
saw the studio

JC STAFF

well it's my fav studio but...
opm ?
with JC STAFF ?

yes indeed its intriguing
anything can happen in life
another seasson is possible now folks.
Sep 26, 2017 6:29 AM

Feb 2015
ClickBaitBuster said:
flame2frost said:

lmao and i saw this intriguing debate
ma friend, it's not about either they WANT to do it or don't WANT to do it. it's a financial problem for their case, probably. they can't just, like quickly said, we will make this into anime without looking at the budged and popularity of the original source lol xD well opm is popular enough but probably their budget isn't enough to make another season which is why j.c staff is the one who is making the other season. i don't know which studio declare the second season but if it's madhouse, then they mis calculated the budget and because they have already declared the second season and doesn't want to let down the watcher, non manga reader and manga readon who are excited for the second season, they let other studio to take the job and it's jc staff. that's probably what happened.

it's a world of animation ma friend. they cannot expressed what they only want. they work because it's not they want to or not want to, it's because of money. they cant expressed their imagination, then why they work ? because they like to make an animation. that's where their passion is. if you want something that people expressed themselves however and whenever they want, just look for an artist or a character designer on net xD pinterest and devianart are the example xD
YizelTroSep 26, 2017 6:35 AM
Sep 26, 2017 6:32 AM

Mar 2015
Hmm I guess Madhouse is either busy with Overlord season 2, but what about JC Staff and the rumored Index season 3? If Index took another 24 episodes, don't you think they'd have a lot of things to work on their hands with one of the most anticipated anime, OPM? And if they do have A team and B team, which would get the A-team and which would get the B-team? Since it would be a shame for both anime to not get its full potential adapted with A-team guys.

Or Index season 3 is simply just a rumor and a very late April Fool T_T

Sep 26, 2017 11:48 AM

Nov 2013
Takamura-sama said:
Blarey said:
Wtf, JC Staff? Madhouse said they were working on it this whole time, what a disappointment. It's probably not going to be anywhere near as good.

And with that, some more hope for anime has been lost...

What's next? Only 12 episodes for Steins;Gate 0?

Check my forum post about why S;G 0 MIGHT only get 12 eps

could you link me to it? I'm not sure what post you're talking about.
Sep 26, 2017 12:04 PM

Apr 2009
Did it hopefully announce a second joke for the show to go with?
Sep 26, 2017 2:28 PM

Oct 2014
ClickBaitBuster said:
Bourmegar said:

Well, Madhouse had a big change back in 2015 when the NTV producer Takahashi Masahiro became its president instead of Hiroyuki Okada. since then, Madhouse haven't done any anime without being part of its production committee, which limited how much project they can make at a given time, my guess is that they didn't have enough money to invest in CCS, Overlord, OPM and that original anime by the NGNL director at the same time. CCS is by far their highest selling anime to date, Overlord is their third highest selling anime right after Death Note, and they will be sitting on top of the production committee of their original anime so they will profit from it the most, so they decided to delay OPM since its the least profitable project for them, but the producers wanted to make it sooner, so they dropped Madhouse all together and give the project to another studio...

yh you shouldn't let the fans wait for to long really....

But hey at least Madhouse will have a potential good show in 2018, that will do Madhouse good right?
Sep 26, 2017 7:49 PM
Mar 2016
ClickBaitBuster said:
Somecallme_kj said:
Where did you get your information just so i could fact check.

alright thank you ill go look
Sep 26, 2017 11:32 PM

Jan 2015
ClickBaitBuster said:
flame2frost said:

I think you are the one who dont know what it means, I actually do know people who work at animation studios, unlike you who likes to make assumption.
Just do some research, I don't blame you, even I used to think the same before.
Sep 27, 2017 5:47 AM

Apr 2016
PaulNamida said:
So in the end Madhouse still doesn't want to make second seasons...

I think I laughed more than I should've.
Favourite Quotes:

"If you wish for hope,an equal amount of despair will be rained down upon you too.That's how everything stays in equilibrium...and the world's balance doesn't get disturbed."

"Unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies,it remains only a single seed. Anyone who loves their life will lose it,while anyone who hates their life in this world...will keep it for eternal life."

"There's so much bullshit in this statement that even the shit from a bull isn't enough bullshit."
Sep 27, 2017 9:02 AM

Oct 2014
Wiem_A said:
PaulNamida said:
So in the end Madhouse still doesn't want to make second seasons...

I think I laughed more than I should've.

If this trend continues, we might as well start speculating which studio will take over Overlord S2.
Sep 27, 2017 10:47 AM

Apr 2014
DOOM

THE END

unless miracle happen.
Sep 28, 2017 12:40 AM

Jan 2017
Madhouse really lives up to their name. I hope that J.C. staff will do a good job. Boy, this is One Punch Man we're talking about.
Sep 28, 2017 5:05 AM

Jul 2012
listen if the animation and direction are in the same vein, i can live with this
the sound director seems solid, but i'm wary of the overall director
keeping my hopes a little subdued
Sep 28, 2017 5:12 AM

Sep 2017
This is unfortunate news, but I hope they can give us something good.
Sep 28, 2017 10:35 PM

Oct 2015
rip one punch man

only madhouse can make one punch man, no one can't even come close to madhouse when it comes to superpower anime

- Monthly Anime Club
- Youtube
Sep 28, 2017 10:45 PM

Aug 2013
Why didn't Bones just pick this up...

They absolutely nailed Mob Psycho.

I personally think they could've handled OPM much better in hindsight.
Sep 29, 2017 2:20 PM
Jun 2015
I like the fact that they are making a second season,

but the whole changing cast and director is kind of shaping my view now.
Oct 4, 2017 6:44 PM

Aug 2013
I wasn't a fan of the first season, so this doesn't affect me in particular. But I understand the fans nervousness about this. Hopefully J.C. Staff can do a good adaptation.
Nintendofan204Oct 4, 2017 6:56 PM
Oct 17, 2017 5:17 PM
Jul 2018
I hate OPM personally as I think its one of the worst shows I've seen when it comes to its execution with its comedy and mixture of seriousness. But to be honest, the studio change wouldn't be too surprising since Madhouse isn't really doing that many series anyways, hardly doing more than 1 or anything.

But the staff at best is downright terrible, because the director is technically a newbie and Majimoji Rurumo was pretty awful from my experience. Script Writer well, there's no name to it, but its skeptical to see.

I might hate the show, and I might won't watch it, but I can at least admit that the production was top notch, even though I was pretty bored with it overall because the MC is just bland as hell for my taste. It deserves better when it comes to the staff. But we'll have to see further into it so.
Oct 17, 2017 8:03 PM

Jul 2016
Madhouse back at it again with another troll '' Slow claps ''
Oct 18, 2017 2:01 AM

Dec 2014
Raise your hand if your excitement for season two suddenly dropped in an entirely explicable fashion!
Oct 18, 2017 12:36 PM
Dec 2013
WannabeWeeb0o0 said:
I'm just going to post this for anyone who doesn't know what J.C.Staff is known for.

- A Certain Magical Index: The Movie – The Miracle of Endymion (2013)
-Puni Puni Poemy (2001)
-Revolutionary Girl Utena (1999)
more on [http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/company.php?id=478]

The general vibe I got from researching them is that their kind of a mediocre company, but by no means atrocious.

They did all of Index and Railgun as well. Plus a bunch of other shows that are good. They are a good company but I don't think they are fit for OPM.
Oct 18, 2017 4:18 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Comedic and unreal. Madhouse and it's no second season policy is going to drive them into bankruptcy AGAIN.
Dec 21, 2017 7:43 PM

Jan 2014
J.C staff hmm...they are the type of studios which can do a good job in romance, slice of life, magic Genre animes.....but for them to do a streamline shounen anime that's quite an experiment...and it's opm we are talking about which was made by madhouse..
Feb 25, 2018 9:11 AM
Sep 2016
J.C. Staff did really good with familiar of zero, danmachi, and hehe.. shimoneta xD i have very little doubts that they will surpass people's expectations
Mar 19, 2018 10:18 PM

Nov 2007
Garou: Hikaru Midorikawa
http://moca-news.net/article/20180320/2018032012000a_/01/
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 19, 2018 11:50 PM

May 2015
Hikaru Midorikawa is Garou???!!!!! HNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!!!!
Mar 20, 2018 7:08 AM

Feb 2011

soo..... is it coming in 2018 ? I feel like it's been ages since the initial confirmation
Aug 12, 2018 5:50 AM

Nov 2007
Teaser (will be included in PV news), OP by JAM Project, and Spring 2019 Premiere. Announced via "Maji Gakuen-sai" Event today.
http://moca-news.net/article/20180812/2018081221300a_/01/
tsubasaloverAug 12, 2018 8:42 AM
Aug 16, 2018 12:25 AM
Mar 2013
This is concerning, just took a look at J.C shows and they seem to focus on romance and fan-service, they have good shows but OPM doesn't seem to fit their specialty

I care more about the direction of each episode and the mixture of comedy, action and on-point parody in OPM than the animation while it was good, what made get hooked is how each episode was hilarious and entertaining at the same time without taking itself too seriously or getting too lost in comedy to entertain, I assume the one's responsible for that balance is the director? If so it makes me worry that the show will lose it's magic
Dec 21, 2018 1:11 AM

Nov 2007
TV Tokyo and more.
PV1
First ep. rebroadcast in Winter 2019.
https://moca-news.net/article/20181221/2018122118000e_/01/
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Today

21 by VanishingKira »»
2 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
4 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.