Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime 'Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu' Gets Movie Adaptation

New
Sep 23, 2017 10:32 AM

Nov 2007
Upon its final episode broadcast on Sunday, it was announced that a movie adaptation of Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu TV anime is in production. More information will be announced at a later time.

Produced by ufotable, Katsugeki/Touken Ranu adapts the online collectible card game Touken Ranbu by DMM.com that aired in Summer 2017. Doga Kobo's adaptation of the game Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru aired in Fall 2016, and its upcoming second season is slated for Winter 2018.

Announcement

Note: The video is region-locked; click here for an alternative link.

Source: Comic Natalie
Stark700Sep 29, 2017 4:52 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 23, 2017 12:48 PM
Jul 2018
Need to watch the TV version
Sep 23, 2017 1:28 PM

Jun 2016
This is... interesting. Wasn't expecting this at all.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Sep 23, 2017 1:29 PM

Jul 2015
ufotable plz stop wasting your animation in fujoshi shows :/
Sep 23, 2017 1:32 PM
May 2015
Bruh...those compilation shots made me think that this show was going to get a 2nd Season but the movie's fine, I guess.

Sep 23, 2017 1:51 PM

Jul 2016
Maybe now it will be better...the pace and the storyline of the TV anime is kinda messy and complicated, so an improvement could work miracles.
Sep 23, 2017 2:01 PM

May 2012
One of the worst Ufotable shows in the last 10 years
Sep 23, 2017 2:22 PM

Mar 2014
So it's a recap, hope you enjoy that.
Sep 23, 2017 3:23 PM
Jul 2018
My suggestion of watching this series is to wait to watch for this movie instead of watching lengthy 13 episode.
Sep 23, 2017 3:50 PM

Jul 2015
It's a good time to be a Tourabu fan. Hanamaru gets a 2nd season next January and now this. I'm interested in seeing how Ufotable can handle a movie production, because the Katsugeki TV anime was lackluster in many ways.
Sep 23, 2017 4:30 PM

Jul 2014
didn't expect this at all, will it be new content or just a recap?
Sep 23, 2017 5:23 PM

Nov 2009
thepath said:

Even worse than their Zestiria and Fate shows? And to think that there are still people out there that hold the studio in high regard...
Sep 23, 2017 5:37 PM

May 2012
xenovibe said:
thepath said:

Even worse than their Zestiria and Fate shows? And to think that there are still people out there that hold the studio in high regard...

Fate, Zesteria and God Eater are good in my opinion
Sep 23, 2017 5:54 PM

Oct 2015
xenovibe said:
thepath said:

Yeah even worse than Zestiria, I barely even managed to stay awake on the first episode and Fate/Stay Night hey Zero was pretty good :/
Sep 23, 2017 5:56 PM

Jul 2013
Haven't watched it but glad seeing it doing well.
Sep 23, 2017 7:02 PM
Aug 2017
tragedydesu said:

I am not a fujoshi and I watch this. Stop saying this a fujoshi show. Don't lump all fans with fujoshi.
Sep 23, 2017 7:10 PM
Mar 2016
Racap?

Whatever; I'll watch.
Sep 23, 2017 7:11 PM
Aug 2017
xenovibe said:
thepath said:

This is why many fans didn't want Touken Ranbu to get an anime. The plot for the anime was written entirely by Ufotable's writers and it was all over the place, making the character OCC and ignoring game mechanics. Well, the action scenes were pretty I guess.
Sep 24, 2017 3:46 AM

May 2016
dropped the tv series, so don't know if i'll pick this up

Sep 24, 2017 5:34 AM

Feb 2013
Himawari9 said:
tragedydesu said:

I am not a fujoshi and I watch this. Stop saying this a fujoshi show. Don't lump all fans with fujoshi.

Lol, just because you watch it and you're not a fujoshi, doesn't mean this isn't a fujoshi show, It's absolutely a fujoshi show.
Sep 24, 2017 6:30 AM
Aug 2017
shockzz1234 said:
Himawari9 said:

Lol, just because you watch it and you're not a fujoshi, doesn't mean this isn't a fujoshi show, It's absolutely a fujoshi show.

Why is it a fujoshi show? If there is any shonen ai in it, you would see me running away.
Himawari9Sep 24, 2017 6:34 AM
Sep 24, 2017 6:33 AM

Oct 2009
It's great to see this franchise being more successful
Sep 24, 2017 6:59 AM

Nov 2011
I had mixed thoughts on Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu so not sure how I feel about this getting a movie.

Really hoping ufotable make Tales of Berseria TV anime in the future.
Sep 24, 2017 7:28 AM

Jan 2017
I presonally loved it and am excited that it is getting a movie and no I am not a fujoshi. I just really hope it's not a recap.
Sep 24, 2017 11:51 AM

Feb 2013
Himawari9 said:
shockzz1234 said:

Why is it a fujoshi show? If there is any shonen ai in it, you would see me running away.

Well i'm not an expert, but shonen ai and fujoshi are two different things. You can have fujoshi without shonen ai.

Literally every single character in the game/anime is a reeeallly pretty, feminine looking dude that are quite obviously designed that way for fujoshis. And if they're not feminine, then they're ridiculously buff, shirtless guys. Again for fujoshis.

I'm not saying you're a fujoshi or that you have to be one to enjoy the anime, but it was CLEARLY created with girls and fujoshis in mind as their target audience.
Sep 24, 2017 6:21 PM
Aug 2017
shockzz1234 said:
Himawari9 said:

Well i'm not an expert, but shonen ai and fujoshi are two different things. You can have fujoshi without shonen ai.

Literally every single character in the game/anime is a reeeallly pretty, feminine looking dude that are quite obviously designed that way for fujoshis. And if they're not feminine, then they're ridiculously buff, shirtless guys. Again for fujoshis.

I'm not saying you're a fujoshi or that you have to be one to enjoy the anime, but it was CLEARLY created with girls and fujoshis in mind as their target audience.

Then just say that this is for girls like in the game website, fujoshi are girls too. This is just an equivalent of KanColle, and not everyone like KanColle are into Yuri. The fans of this franchise can be separate to different categories: fujoshi, otome fans, and other types of fan who play/watch this for fun or for the historical aspect.
Sorry for being aggressive but I had bad experiences with fujoshi.
Sep 24, 2017 6:23 PM

Jul 2015
shockzz1234 said:
Himawari9 said:

Fujoshi means "a female fan of BL" (BL=boys love), while shounen-ai is a Western term for BL. (In Japan they don't even use that word, but instead call boyxboy stuff BL, fumuke/geicomi etc.) Fujoshi can be fans of non-homo series too if they enjoy shipping the male characters together.

And Touken Ranbu is not a BL franchise, though it's understandable that many consider it fujobait due to the anime. The game is not aimed at fujoshi or yumejoshi (fans of self-insert reverse harems) specifically, but just "for girls". Some swords have closer relations to other swords and tend to be fujo favorites, while other swords are very into the player like a traditional otome game character.

t. expert
Sep 25, 2017 10:47 PM

Jan 2014
This might work better than the TV series. That one felt like a drag at times.

Oct 17, 2017 5:09 PM
Jul 2018
I liked the first series a lot so, this pleases me for sure.
May 4, 2020 11:37 AM
May 2020
Who said this anime was a fujoshi show? Just because the character is all guy and it have feminine looking guys in the anime doesnt mean the anime is a fujoshi show, just like re zero,blend s..they have a trap character inside their anime but the anime is not "fujoshi show", and yet this anime doesnt have any yaoi fanservice scene in it,so why can it be a fujoshi show? This anime is so well made in my opinion,the fight scene and story is really good,can you please not mocking ufotable for their hard work? don't give your opinion that doesn't help if you actually don't know what the anime is like
YagenThighsMay 4, 2020 11:45 AM

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

96 by rikazkhan »»
13 minutes ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - 7 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
7 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

21 by VanishingKira »»
11 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Apr 22, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Apr 22, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.