Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 18, 2017 9:57 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The finale imo is fitting for this show as it celebrates the idea of isekai and cooking mixed with the otherwordly characters.

I think this finale still demonstrates that simple food and its textures are enough to satisfiy the customers and make them come back. Delicious as usual.

7/10. Better than I had expected.
Sep 18, 2017 10:03 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
I am going to miss this show, really was better than I expected

Sep 18, 2017 11:02 AM

Apr 2010
It's a shame this is over it was the best anime of the season i really enjoyed it.
The characters where nice and it was very relaxing to watch.
This episode was also very informative about character relationships especially that of the owner his origins explain the reason for his store.
Tho the other characters also seem to have a lot in common.
Sep 18, 2017 11:24 AM
Mar 2016
8/10

To me the structure played in favor of this show. I've seen plenty of critics towards its repetitive story-telling, but that is also what brings charm to the show. It's your break before the week and dullness in ours lifes take over again.
Sep 18, 2017 11:45 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode. I liked how they explained the origin of the restaurant and that of the chef. The story telling at the beginning was great.

Since Alexander seems like the playboy type, it was funny to see the way he was scared of Kuro.

The various stories in this show are somehow connected to each other which makes it a great show. Every episodes makes you crave for food. 8/10.
LeoSep 18, 2017 11:51 AM

Sep 18, 2017 11:58 AM

May 2012
Aww. It's finally over.

We got a lotta backstory this episode, which is cool and all, but I kinda wished we expanded a lot more on the other characters' backstories as well. We at least learned a little more about the Master and a teensy bit more about Adelheid though.
I also take it that Alex had an unrequited love for Yomi, huh.

Kinda funny that he's the descendant of a legendary hero though lol Wonder if he also unknowingly places doors in their world due to possibly inheriting some of his grandmother's powers? Eh. Who knows.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for a season 2.

Sep 18, 2017 12:02 PM

Mar 2017
Well...it's a 7 from me. It was enjoyable most of the time, I suppose.
    have a berry

good day lol
Sep 18, 2017 12:05 PM
Feb 2014
I don't think it was that good of a final episode. They put some light on the history of the restaurant with a new character but then with the grave visiting bit they opened up more questions unless I'm missing something. What's Alexander's relation with Adelheid's relatives. Seemed like Altorius was trying to avoid making them meet at the restaurant and that was the real reason he made them go so late.

Also they showed Sharif doing nothing again. I understand sticking only to food and not putting any plot whatsoever might be boring to some people but it's more frustrating to see a plot not resolved.
Sep 18, 2017 12:12 PM

Jun 2017
I am sad that it is over. Really enjoyed this show.

Here's hoping for a second season.

It was nice to find Tenshu has a connection to the other world. That probably has something to do with the doors in the other world.
Sep 18, 2017 12:21 PM

Jun 2015
This was a wonderful finale. Everyone loved the pork soup. For some, it reminded them of home. It's a shame it's over. The food looked really good and got to see some interesting characters and their backstories. It was cool that a restaurant is connected to different worlds. 6/10
Sep 18, 2017 12:22 PM

Jun 2014
The feel-good show of the season has come to an end. This one was a nice watch when you just want to sit back and relax. The food always looked delicious as well. It was better than I thought it would be, and I wouldn't mind a second season. 6.5-7/10 for this one.
thebrentinator24Sep 18, 2017 3:11 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 18, 2017 12:24 PM

Sep 2015
Every week I was so sad after hearing the ED first piano notes ... this week was really painful xD
I didn't expect anything at the beginning but now it's probably aots for me
I totally wouldn't mind a relaxing show like this one every season (man the OST *-*)
Sep 18, 2017 12:37 PM

Nov 2016
Leo_10 said:
Great episode. I liked how they explained the origin of the restaurant and that of the chef. The story telling at the beginning was great.

This^^

Gotta say it was a pretty good watch overall, strong points were the many different and imo creative stories for the costumers as well as the aesthetically pleasing visuals, character designs and especially the food were very nice to look at. I also liked the cozy and calm atmosphere^^

7/10
was a proper warm up for Foodwars xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 18, 2017 12:39 PM
Nov 2016
Not a bad ending at all. Pretty satisfying.

This show was better than what I thought it'd be. The one are this show lacked in was probably it's story telling, the stories we're good but were too simplistic and that made this disjointed plot a little less interesting. Other than that,a pretty solid show.
Sep 18, 2017 12:50 PM

Sep 2013
The backstory of the owner and elf warrior is revealed, he got alot of his past troubles cleared up.
Pork soup 8/10
Sep 18, 2017 12:52 PM

Aug 2013
And so ends my zen show of the season, gonna miss this series. Also, it's pretty cool to find out a little bit about the chef and his origins of birth. 7/10
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 18, 2017 1:06 PM

Sep 2015
Its was a beautiful story.

Oh and Kuro speak a lot with mouth now.

And its finally over a normal food anime back to foodgasm next season.
Into the Internet!
Sep 18, 2017 1:09 PM

Jul 2008
Sad that it's over, it was a nice relaxing anime. I hope it gets another season
Sep 18, 2017 1:14 PM

Jan 2014
Well this wasn't my cup of tea, but it was OK.. I was kind of shocked that demon MC didn't pray before a meal in this episode like she usually does? Inconsistent writing (joking.. i dont really care at this point) :P

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Sep 18, 2017 1:32 PM

Jul 2009
mandorallen said:
I don't think it was that good of a final episode. They put some light on the history of the restaurant with a new character but then with the grave visiting bit they opened up more questions unless I'm missing something. What's Alexander's relation with Adelheid's relatives. Seemed like Altorius was trying to avoid making them meet at the restaurant and that was the real reason he made them go so late.

Also they showed Sharif doing nothing again. I understand sticking only to food and not putting any plot whatsoever might be boring to some people but it's more frustrating to see a plot not resolved.

Considering that Alexander referred to Wilhelm (The Great Emperor) to his son, and Wilhelm's granddaughter being Adelheid, that makes her his great-granddaughter.

Olem said:
Aww. It's finally over.

We got a lotta backstory this episode, which is cool and all, but I kinda wished we expanded a lot more on the other characters' backstories as well. We at least learned a little more about the Master and a teensy bit more about Adelheid though.
I also take it that Alex had an unrequited love for Yomi, huh.

Kinda funny that he's the descendant of a legendary hero though lol Wonder if he also unknowingly places doors in their world due to possibly inheriting some of his grandmother's powers? Eh. Who knows.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for a season 2.

His grandfather started with the whole another world restaurant, so it couldn't have been him responsible for doing it back then, but Yomi might've had something to do with it then.
I'm inclined to think it's something with the time & space axis that was damaged when she was transferred to Earth, and it's either automatic or they controlled it to be on each Saturday one way or another
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Sep 18, 2017 1:49 PM

May 2015
Nice finale. Sad to see this show go, considering it was really enjoyable and it had its heartwarming moments as well. Quite underrated in my opinion. I'd love a second season.

8/10.

Sep 18, 2017 1:55 PM

Jul 2013
The revelation that the chef is a descendant of someone from the other world was really shocking, I didn't see that comming, though now it has logic why a Japanese man could have acces to an interdimensional door.
Liked Alexander too, by his first apparition in the segment of the lion man some episodes before, he seemed to be a bit of jerk, but it seems he is actually nice.

I won't mind having another season at all (after all, the story of the other world hasn't been fully explored for the moment). Overall was a nice, relaxing series.
Also, 550th anime completed.
Sep 18, 2017 1:58 PM
Dec 2015
Did that half elf love Yomi or Adel? Also l, did Yomi meet the cast of fast food Demon lord. I really don't think this will get a second season. This was done to promote the source material.
anirudhsukiSep 18, 2017 2:08 PM
Sep 18, 2017 2:02 PM

Apr 2017
it's over, well time to go cry

10/10
Sep 18, 2017 2:13 PM

Dec 2016
I will miss this, the anime started so boring to me but now I'm sad to say him goodbye.
Sep 18, 2017 2:14 PM

Aug 2015
I will miss this show.
There's always room for a show about good food and interesting characters.
Sep 18, 2017 2:15 PM

Jun 2017
idk if this real or a fake, found an info https://lifekino.club/isekai-shokudou-season-2.html that there are going to be a 2nd season next year.

i hope this is a real one...
Sep 18, 2017 2:16 PM

Nov 2016
Money rather flow in boring shounen shows than some cute series like this one. I'm really gonna miss this Isekai restaurant. So much cuteness, enjoying moments and cuteness again just only for 12 episodes, it's a shame.

It's a 9 for me. Just hope for a second season.

Edit :

linua said:
idk if this real or a fake, found an info https://lifekino.club/isekai-shokudou-season-2.html that there are going to be a 2nd season next year.

i hope this is a real one...

Thank you very much. At least, it leaves some hope.
AkumaHomuSep 18, 2017 2:21 PM
Sep 18, 2017 2:29 PM

Dec 2014
A fitting and formulaic end to the heartwarming show of the season. Honestly there is really is nothing special to be said about the finale apart from the fact that it was good and satisfying just like every episode before it.

It was interesting to hear the origins of the restaurant.

Overall, this show was a relaxing and comforting watch almost always and I'm glad it succeeded in that area till the very end.

8/10
Sep 18, 2017 2:31 PM

Jul 2017
I don't know that I need another season but this was the best show of the season by a pretty healthy margin imo. I finally started feeling some diminishing returns around episode 10 or so but there wasn't another show this season that explored even a tenth as many ideas as this did.
I don't know everything. I just know what I know.
Sep 18, 2017 2:33 PM

Jun 2017
just realize, the one that defeat and capture Lionel (episode 5) were Alexander, no wonder Altorius worried when Alexander want to go to Nekoya on the prime hour
Sep 18, 2017 2:42 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I'm gonna miss this show.

The episodic format for this, i loved it from the beginning, it got a bit more stale during the latter half of the show but i never was disappointed in the slightest.

Such a chill show and in my top 5 of the season easily.
Sep 18, 2017 2:46 PM

Apr 2013
I find this series very relaxing and enjoyable to watch. Also, I absolutely love the ED and OP.
We finally get some backstory as to how this place came to be. Yomi, one of the four heroes who fought and brought an end to a great war with the demons finds herself trapped (sorta) in a new world. And starts a new life there.
The still images for the voice-overs were very noticeable and so was a bit distracting but I found it a little funny as well. It definitely had a lower budget than some.
All in all, I enjoyed the short stories and the many new characters that were introduced each episode. Lifts my mood every time I watch an episode.

9/10

Sep 18, 2017 2:49 PM

Nov 2015
Really great anime to pass the time. It had beautiful women and a feels trip near the end of this episode. Kuro speaks normally and she is best girl
8/10

"The longer you live, the more you realize that reality is just made of pain, suffering, and emptiness." -Madara Uchiha
Sep 18, 2017 3:01 PM

Sep 2011
This series didnt have much substance, but god damn if it wasn't beautifully executed. It won't appease the folks looking for action something quick, but for the rest of us that just want to sit down and have a beer this series was satisfying.
Sep 18, 2017 3:05 PM

Jul 2009
I'm with others when they say they're sad to see this show end because I enjoyed it a lot.
Sep 18, 2017 3:05 PM

Apr 2012
This fucking anime.

Thank you for all the solace you brought into the abyss. o7

The_Watcher_92 said:
well time to go cry
Sep 18, 2017 3:07 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This was a great series to watch week after week and I really appreciated the backstory for the owner and how it tied into not only the backstory of the mage, but also his friend and how he's connected with Addy

I'm still confused by how this new guy is related to Addy (Is he her great grandfather?) but other than that, this was great and the food looked even greater

8/10 for me and I still don't why this had a mystery tag lol
Sep 18, 2017 3:24 PM

Jun 2014
@linua @AkeHomu I'm pretty sure that link is fake. Idk what's up with that site but it seems like it loves to publish fake sequel announcements. Plus, it says the sequel would start airing June 4, which doesn't really make sense since that would be during the last weeks of Spring season, instead of at the actual beginning of Summer.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 18, 2017 3:35 PM

Feb 2014
A nice and relaxing final episode. Everyone was satisfied with the Pork Soup offered with their usual meals to the point that the demand almost outstripped the supply. Also, seeing Kuro speaking more from her mouth is still a little odd, but I find it cuter that way. Even the master himself was taken aback as well. =)

The back story as to how Yomi got sent into the normal world was very interesting. It also explained how this restaurant came to be too.

Overall, I'll will be missing this nice gem of a show. It was heart warming, colourful, the food looked delicious, the main cast and the guests were always enjoyable and Aletta is one sweet girl. I'll be missing her the most. =D

8/10.
Sep 18, 2017 4:52 PM
Jul 2018
I had mixed feelings with the series initially and quite worrying since it can get quite repetitive, but after a while it was more positive than negative for this one. This is probably one of Jimbo's best directed works for the moment being, hopefully he works more on projects like these (I thought his prior directing work was fine but not great).

If this gets a second season I wouldn't really mind getting one.
Sep 18, 2017 5:04 PM

Jun 2017
Rest in peace. I could've watched this show forever and never gotten tired of it. I'll miss the ED too.
Sep 18, 2017 5:04 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Wow, I can't believe it's over already. D: I wanna see more yummy foodies.. :F

I truly appreciate the bits about the backstory of the four heroes which was connected to the creation of the Restaurant to Another World. I think it's a very fitting story for the anime's final episode. Too bad it wasn't completely clarified if the elf hero was really related to Adelaide in some way. I guess I'd rather not think too hard about it. (I do like the pork soup in this episode though!)

Totally enjoyed seeing the residents of the other world savoring the food they personally love to eat while mentally expressing their thoughts on how delicious the food is, like judges from Shokugeki.. xD

8/10! Very nice and chill series. Would certainly love more of this.
Sep 18, 2017 5:15 PM

Jul 2007
I like how Kuro merely passing by terrorized Alexander. The old man knows what she is and seems to have dealt with it, but that frisky 1/2 elf? Love to see more on that. There are two super powerful critters who cherish the place, will there be more who show up? Will they have to protect the place? Will a door be attacked by a greedy king and set the dragons into smash mode? So much can happen, I really would like to see a more dangerous version of the story, even if only two or three episodes, if there is a season two.
Sep 18, 2017 6:08 PM
Nov 2015
i didn't expect this is final episode, i really want more of this anime.

good final but still a lot mystery about the door, i will really miss this anime.

great opening great ED complete with great animations compare able with other anime, very relaxing and poin out tasty food will make people happy just like in real life.

i really like this anime hope for season 2 if not waiting for manga adaptations or LN continue the story.

Solid 8 rating for this anime because beautifully made.
redcobraSep 18, 2017 6:11 PM
Sep 18, 2017 6:43 PM

Jan 2008
Robbini said:
Considering that Alexander referred to Wilhelm (The Great Emperor) to his son, and Wilhelm's granddaughter being Adelheid, that makes her his great-granddaughter.

Holy shit, you're right. Artorius avoided having his half-elf buddy meeting his granddaughter as suggested when he was looking at Adelheid's finished parfait glass. Maybe to also avoid having him meet that Lion guy too as a bonus.
redcobra said:
i really like this anime hope for season 2 if not waiting for manga adaptations or LN continue the story.

^This. If there's no season two, which didn't seem likely, then I hope someone picks up the manga or light novel. I'm going to miss watching this while eating dinner.
Sep 18, 2017 6:44 PM

Mar 2013
As much as this show lacked, I gotta say I'll miss it more than most of the stuff that aired this season.
Sep 18, 2017 6:59 PM

May 2012
Robbini said:

His grandfather started with the whole another world restaurant, so it couldn't have been him responsible for doing it back then, but Yomi might've had something to do with it then.
I'm inclined to think it's something with the time & space axis that was damaged when she was transferred to Earth, and it's either automatic or they controlled it to be on each Saturday one way or another

Derp. Completely forgot about that flashback, my bad.
Ah, then yeah, that makes a lot more sense. Hmm... I wonder if, like, she happened to be transported to their world to his grandfather's restaurant specifically, then things just kinda hit off from there. It'd explain why all the doors connect to that single restaurant as well. I still wonder the conditions that have to bet met for a door to appear... or if it's simply random.

Sep 18, 2017 7:41 PM
Mar 2017
4kicks said:
Robbini said:

Holy shit, you're right. Artorius avoided having his half-elf buddy meeting his granddaughter as suggested when he was looking at Adelheid's finished parfait glass. Maybe to also avoid having him meet that Lion guy too as a bonus.
redcobra said:

^This. If there's no season two, which didn't seem likely, then I hope someone picks up the manga or light novel. I'm going to miss watching this while eating dinner.

I am translating with google translate, so I can not deduce very well who is the grandfather and who (what they say) hahaha ...
They explain to me in a way that even a child could understand (with Cap references and minutes if possible)

FireCrauterSep 18, 2017 7:45 PM
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Sep 18, 2017 8:08 PM

Sep 2015
Didn't feel like it was that much of a finale. But I'll miss this anime. So the big reveal was that the chef is actually a mix from both worlds. Partially explains why his restaurant opens the door to this other world.
A series I can watch forever of. The ending song is also really good. though I mentioned that many times I think.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Easter hunt help

Canfro - Apr 16, 2022

18 by Mithun1237 »»
Apr 3, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2017

137 by Forum »»
Jan 15, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2017

69 by gyanburubii »»
Jan 8, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2017

83 by Hayley2877 »»
Sep 14, 2023 1:00 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2017

74 by Hayley2877 »»
Aug 31, 2023 12:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.