Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 14, 2017 2:05 AM

Mar 2008
except for the lv 100 boss fight animation, the whole movie is pretty trash lmao
Sep 14, 2017 1:41 PM
Jul 2016
dragonshade said:
except for the lv 100 boss fight animation, the whole movie is pretty trash lmao

oh my god.. we have an Elitist here.. you re so cool...
Sep 14, 2017 4:54 PM

May 2015
Typical villain thinking (doing the same thing that caused his quest for retaliation) the movie could have been better if Yuna relationship with her lover & Aincrad players was explored more like the last couple of clips showing her in Aincrad living her life to the fullest… On a positive note, the battle animation & choreography (especially the Samurai Boss) was pretty good.
Sep 14, 2017 10:25 PM

Mar 2008
Chizuruhusbando said:
dragonshade said:

Yea man, I have very little tolerance for plot holes.
Sep 15, 2017 9:39 AM
Jul 2016
plot holes? pls eloborate
dragonshade said:
Chizuruhusbando said:

Yea man, I have very little tolerance for plot holes.
Sep 15, 2017 5:28 PM
Sep 2014
No words. Im not just a fanboy, this movie is INCREDIBLE . SAO your fails in the anime are forgiven 10/10
Sep 16, 2017 12:35 AM
Jan 2016
Suntears said:
Everything when smooth until the prof Revealed his motive. He, as someone who developed this amazing augma, should be able to make brain scanning thing safer (with no throwbacks such as brain damage or partial amnesia) granted he prolly need another year or two, but it should be possible with how the anime explained the whole things. Then when augma and the systems ready, he can kindly asks close friends of Yuna (during SAO incident) to help him revives Yuna or whatever you call it. But no, he had to harm thousand of lives supposedly most were suffered traumatic exp from the same incident which took his daughter life. A rather weak motive for something which could turn into national incident.

But yeah overall the movie was a good watch with good animation and enjoyable story. I also enjoyed the osts quite a lot. 68/100 rounded to 7/10 from me.

is your avatar bilibili(Misaka Mikoto)?
Sep 16, 2017 4:48 AM

Jul 2012
Was waiting for the moive quite a long time and well it was good if you can just accept all the plotholes. I like SAO, but not like a huge fan and the 2nd season was if to put is simple a disaster. A little offtopic always(many times) seeing SAO novels top-selling and if i'm correct the aforementioned 2nd season should be the adaptation which means the same story and the story was ... Yes lots of stuff might've been skipped and the original source should be always better, but the core was still the same and it was awful. Do not want to start a war, just always was interested if this particular volume(s) were just missed out on charts and the upcoming volumes are that amazing.
To the movie again, the overall feeling after watching was that it was like different parts glued together. Descriptions always said that it's the movie for fans, that is pretty much it. The story is non-canon and i think it's kinda strange how it's trying to be part or transit to the main story, and again it only makes more stuff to just to close eyes upon.
The best parts were Kirito and Asuna's scenes, so he finally proposed to her! That last boss looked really cool and it was a nice battle.
7/10 for the movie, i enjoyed it, but it wasn't anything spectacular just simply good. So 3rd season is coming, not that excited, but i'll watch it. Alicization arc, read couple of chapters that are out and it was okay for what it was, probably too early to judge so let's see how it goes.
Sep 16, 2017 5:18 AM

Jan 2016
I always say that SAO is something that had alot of potential and get's to much hate, but also to much love. This movie unfortunately a typical Sword Art Online movie. Repeated mistakes and plotholes, while still being entertaining in some parts.

It was cheesy yes, but the action was great. The last scene when "SwordLand" started playing made me smile cause I love the OST so much. To bad that the rest of the movie was straight up mediocre. Kirito being Kirito and becoming the best player after playing seriously for 1 day. All of the their friends suddenly appearing in the end cause Yui told them to come.

It's a shame cause the premise was good, the bosses were awesome and so were the action scenes. But repeated mistakes is what makes Sword Art Online mediocre.

6/10
Sep 16, 2017 5:34 AM

Oct 2016
Anyone knows a site where I can download the movie with NICE SUB? tnx :)

text text text text text text text text text
Sep 16, 2017 7:28 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
8/10

Nice film, when recover the soul of the first season, also in action scenes how en feelings between characters!!! Also the mixed of characters of both season was amaizing in the last final 100 Boss,to enjoy just!!
If a can choose, the VR was great, but this new step, the AR was cool too, also i take boths!!! kekeke
Also, afther de ED i enjoy with this extra minute when advance a new season, i am happy, are you happy? kekeke
Sep 16, 2017 1:41 PM

Dec 2013
Won't comment on how good or bad the movie was, just that overall I enjoyed it and liked that this just so happens to be a go between for the first 2 Seasons and the inevitable Alicization arc (which they pretty much teased post credits).

But.... what the hell is this obsession that all the girls have with riding Kirito's motorcycle? I don't get it at all.... :P
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 16, 2017 3:50 PM

Oct 2014
I'm just going to ignore all the flaws and plot holes and stuff and enjoy anything I can find enjoyable.
after all, I got the +18 copy :3
Sep 16, 2017 4:31 PM

Jul 2015
Surprisingly good , really enjoyed watching. Great animation as expected. Worth my time !
Sep 16, 2017 4:31 PM

Sep 2015
I wonder if those boss look same from psp game ah anyway.

On this movie everyone is drunk with AR just like last year Pokemon GO going on mid night just to play game even give "money" to buy real stuff on real world just by playing.

Kirito become shut in gamers and hate this go outside to play game and he suck on this AR game become his body are lack of exercise.

Stuff happen because SAO survivor again memory rape!.

Nobody really care until Asuna become one of victim.

Emiiya's ghost stalk Kirito for whole movie.

Asuna invite Kirito to her home when everyone is gone and make love

Final Fight vs 100th floor boss.
Who care they just change account on other device even bring everyone somehow to fight the boss and bring Yuuki just for a moment.
Into the Internet!
Sep 16, 2017 7:37 PM

Nov 2016
L-Ryoshi said:
Won't comment on how good or bad the movie was, just that overall I enjoyed it and liked that this just so happens to be a go between for the first 2 Seasons and the inevitable Alicization arc (which they pretty much teased post credits).

But.... what the hell is this obsession that all the girls have with riding Kirito's motorcycle? I don't get it at all.... :P

its kind of like the cool guy has a motorcycle lets ask for a ride plus i think they all have a crush on kirito but kind of realize they dont have a chance since hes already chosen and really only liz and silica havent been on the bike since asuna was with him in the movie and sinion was with him on it in season 2 in real world and virtual world
Sep 16, 2017 8:25 PM

Dec 2016
That was funny when Liz got Silica to sing, not a bad effort.

Asuna gets a kiss from Yuna, nice reward.

Ah so that's how Yuna gets those things, when a player is knocked out they fly into that drone just like when Asuna got knocked out by the dragon when protecting Silica.

Ah so the creator lost his own daughter on SAO and now she is a diva in the game and he wants to bring her back, Eiji knew her in the game which is why he will go to any length to help out.

I like the song Yuna sang in her concert, I will have to look for the lyrics later.

One of those bosses looks like a Malboro from Final Fantasy.

Awesome, got to see Yuuki's ghost and a Mother's Rosario attack.

It's over 9000! and then once Yuna start singing again and they defeat the bosses it keeps dropping which is a good thing.

Thank goodness Asuna was able to get her memories back.

SAO will return, very good, looking forward to it.

Great movie, glad I watched it.
Sep 16, 2017 11:24 PM

Aug 2017
OppaiSugoi said:
RBD_Titan said:

it's true people are allowed to have different opinions on things but do you really feel the need to "rip someone a new one" for merely liking something that you dont like? are you that childish?
Usually fanboyism is immune to glaring flaws, like I stated I haven't seen the move so I can't say anything, but hey, I can't sway alts easily that try to inflate ratings by rating everything a 10.

You have scored pokemon 9, ya fucking autist so your opinion about sao is retardedly stupid. like how you scored rozen maiden and nourin a 9, especially about nourin it has so many damn plot holes idiot. why do you have to be so stupid. lol
Sep 17, 2017 1:15 AM

Jul 2013
Haven't been a series of SAO series but this one managed to catch my attention and I must say it was good and fitted my taste.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 17, 2017 1:20 AM

Feb 2014
So not just people who are the front faces, but also those who support them are heroes eh?
Good concept with that. Gotta say A-1 did a good job with the fight scenes in the movie than the lacking its being now in present series. And once again there is a power that can go beyond the system! Sara ni mukoe! PLUS ULTRA!!

BTW that end scene was lit!

9/10 XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 17, 2017 4:40 AM

Feb 2013
Gotta love how Kirito becomes shit to OP in the span of few days if that.

Also, how come no one just removes the head thingies? All them bosses are in AR so as long as you remove them, you can't get scanned and you don't get physically damaged, right?

eh. I liked it, but the usual SAO faults were still present in this movie.
Sep 17, 2017 6:11 AM

Jul 2016
Finally got the chance to watch on the web. For a SAO series fan like me, this OS is surprisingly enjoyable than what I expected to be since its not in the novels, and also makes me hype more for the Alicization arc.

JPthugnificent said:

Also, how come no one just removes the head thingies? All them bosses are in AR so as long as you remove them, you can't get scanned and you don't get physically damaged, right?.

well that's because as said by yuna all bosses that appeared in previous events forced players to fight, so I think its like the agro thing in rpg when players attack or get closed in a monster,the monster gets aggresive or in short got an agro effect, forced to fight the player. But in this event in OS, its the other way around, players are one getting an agro effect forcing them to fight the monster
cronoSpirASep 17, 2017 6:22 AM
Sep 17, 2017 8:14 AM

Jul 2014
RINEx said:
OppaiSugoi said:
Usually fanboyism is immune to glaring flaws, like I stated I haven't seen the move so I can't say anything, but hey, I can't sway alts easily that try to inflate ratings by rating everything a 10.

You have scored pokemon 9, ya fucking autist so your opinion about sao is retardedly stupid. like how you scored rozen maiden and nourin a 9, especially about nourin it has so many damn plot holes idiot. why do you have to be so stupid. lol

gg, I've lured another dumbfuck from under a rock. Who's alt are you? You don't have anything on your list so I don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Try harder next time.
Sep 17, 2017 10:31 AM

Jan 2014
I don't know what to say. It starts off interesting but somehow didn't live up to its potential. The only redeeming part would be them coming back to Aincrad to fight the last boss and the characters with their old looks back. But I guess it was still fun watch especially with the old music and nostalgia

7/10
Recommend me an anime
Sep 17, 2017 1:58 PM

Apr 2014
It was a fantastic, awesome movie.

Just finished it right now and I'd had so many things to say about it, but shortly summarized this movie managed to light up the positive aspects and potential from SAO, like the first arc from the series.

But 1 question to those who point the plot holes: Where are they in the movie? Going through the film in my mind, I can't see any... Would be glad if you could answer (with spoiler button).

But tbh, if there where any, they probably would not bother me at all like Your Name. Because the enjoyment and the impact was way up high.
"If the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Sep 17, 2017 2:21 PM

Jan 2008
Animation surprisingly felt pretty standard, expected a bit more but it was flashy I guess. Rather annoyed at how much CGI creatures and background people there was.

Gotta appreciate all the Asuna fanservice in this movie. Showing off her nips while she bathes. Kirito getting some puffpuff action during the visit. Hell, even her boob bounce when Yui gave them the SAO outfits, despite the fact she wears a metal breastgaurd.

Also all the girls wanting to ride Kirito's 'motorcycle'. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The finale was complete bullshit though. "Defeat this boss and it'll stop it all!" Lmaowut. Then ALO players just come in out of nowhere. smh. Yui is too broken of a plot device.

Though was still nice to finally Asuna actually use Mother Rosario and Kirito with his Star Stream Burst again.

Overall, it was still quite enjoyable. Much more so than most of the other arcs. Enjoy how it actually had a stronger connection towards SAO than the previous arcs.

Had to deal with shitty subs though.
PaulSep 17, 2017 3:45 PM
Sep 17, 2017 3:43 PM

Jul 2013
I don't know what I liked more, if the fight against the level 100 boss or Asuna's nipple ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Also, my memory is a bit fuzzy, but, if I remember well, wasn't Kayaba (as Heathcliff) supposed to be the final boss of SAO or something? I remember he said to Kirito in their fight he was supposed to be the last enemy to beat to complete Aincrad, but the movie introduced some weird female monster instead (unless I'm wrong, of course).
Sep 17, 2017 5:37 PM

Aug 2012
bingo32 said:
What was the ending about?

same question, did they create the ultimate vr game?
Sep 17, 2017 6:18 PM

Feb 2013
cronoSpirA said:
Finally got the chance to watch on the web. For a SAO series fan like me, this OS is surprisingly enjoyable than what I expected to be since its not in the novels, and also makes me hype more for the Alicization arc.

JPthugnificent said:

Also, how come no one just removes the head thingies? All them bosses are in AR so as long as you remove them, you can't get scanned and you don't get physically damaged, right?.

well that's because as said by yuna all bosses that appeared in previous events forced players to fight, so I think its like the agro thing in rpg when players attack or get closed in a monster,the monster gets aggresive or in short got an agro effect, forced to fight the player. But in this event in OS, its the other way around, players are one getting an agro effect forcing them to fight the monster

Yea, but there's nothing physical that's forcing people unable to remove the AR thing, right?
Sep 17, 2017 7:42 PM

Jan 2010

Well, most of the people playing there doesn't know that they're irl danger, right? So many bosses in front of you with the chance to score high, would you want to remove it as a gamer? I think not. Haha
Sep 17, 2017 11:43 PM

Jul 2016
@JPthugnificent although its not stated in the movie, my speculation is that the aggro is being sent as signals in the players' brain, since the augma system is controlled by the enemy, its easy for them to manipulate the players response in the game.
Sep 18, 2017 6:31 AM

Nov 2012
Just finish the movie. Really disappointed with the production value, I expect better from a movie budget. So many badly drawn frame, the battles are not even impressive, just mostly high speed frame and beam shooting.

The plot starts out OK, but kinda lose itself towards the end. Overall 6/10 for me.
Sep 18, 2017 11:42 AM

Feb 2013
notzky said:

Well, most of the people playing there doesn't know that they're irl danger, right? So many bosses in front of you with the chance to score high, would you want to remove it as a gamer? I think not. Haha

I mean when they're all running around terrified, I'd think they'd wanna get out of danger ASAP.

cronoSpirA said:
@JPthugnificent although its not stated in the movie, my speculation is that the aggro is being sent as signals in the players' brain, since the augma system is controlled by the enemy, its easy for them to manipulate the players response in the game.

Y'know, that would make sense if they actually stated it in the movie :P
Sep 18, 2017 12:52 PM

Aug 2013
Astonishing fansub.

And no, really, shooting at a switch won't open the door.
froggy25Sep 18, 2017 1:30 PM
Sep 18, 2017 3:53 PM

May 2015
OppaiSugoi said:
RINEx said:

gg, I've lured another dumbfuck from under a rock. Who's alt are you? You don't have anything on your list so I don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Try harder next time.

You act like you were trolling, but I doubt you said anything that you don't actually believe.

Sep 18, 2017 6:31 PM

Jul 2014
Kittens-kun said:
OppaiSugoi said:

You act like you were trolling, but I doubt you said anything that you don't actually believe.

Do I need to put a sarcasm tag on my posts?
Sep 18, 2017 8:03 PM

Dec 2016
Wow this movie was seriously amazing and well thought out, especially fighting the last boss when asuna used the special move yuuki that brought back memories and the feels ahhh!!! all in all fantastic movie and well worth the wait, cant wait for future sao productions!
Sep 19, 2017 7:55 PM
Apr 2016
Despite the little deus ex at the end to make Kirito save the day, the movie is great. Kirito starting weak was a great way to put imprevisibility during the devolopment of the plot. Also, a real danger is back, with a plausible villain that is not a crazy rapist and great narrative rhymes with the first arcExcellent animation, good pacing, amazing OST, good villain, good overall plot about memories. The sucessor everyone want to Aincrad Arc, but the show gave us fairies, is finally here. 8,5/10, it was pretty impressive
Sep 19, 2017 8:43 PM
Jan 2015
Gotta say that was a really fun movie and very entertaining. The KiritoXAsuna moments were really nice and that raid battle at the end with the lvl 100 raid boss was epic af, and the other fights were pretty great too. I liked that they brought AR into the equation, SAO making sure to cover all the future tech with gaming. The villains actually have a really understandable motive that I can sympathize with,but can't condone their means however

10/10 will watch again. This is probably the best SAO experience I've had anime wise, so I'm glad to see continuous improvement with the franchise.
-MahesvaraSep 19, 2017 8:49 PM
My Queens

Sep 20, 2017 4:07 AM

Nov 2011
There is side novel that expand some stuff in the movie. The reason Eiji was being a piece of shit to Furinkazan members was because he blamed them for Yuna's death.

Sep 20, 2017 9:25 AM

Sep 2014
Why does everything need to be a fraking idol show these days?

Great movie, kept me entertained. I loved the part where Asuna was using her Skill from mother rosalia and they showed zekken in the back, little things like these make movies great.

Only 2 complains - Kiritos AR sword fighting appeared to weak when you consider he practised sword fighting for years.
- Shinon basically became a side character. I dont have problems with the other girls becoming unimportant but Shinon should be more then that.
( also the edgelord number 2 was .. not that great)

Anyway I recommend watching it, sadly I could not watch it in cinema because it wasnt shown here :/

Also I need more Yui.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Sep 21, 2017 1:23 AM
Dec 2013
"SAO will return".

Holy shit, a third season of SAO will actually happen!
Sep 22, 2017 12:58 AM

Jan 2016
It was a good watch.. good movie I must say

Fight animation 9/10
Sep 22, 2017 7:59 AM

Nov 2016
Music and animation were something else. They really outdid it with this movie, it's all I asked SAO to be.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2017 10:23 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, such awe-inspiring and mesmerizing animation and music to deal with the relatively poor storyline and predictable plot holes throughout the story was, in all honesty, expected considering its Sword Art Online after all but overall it managed to do decent job, if you ask me. A really enjoyable and joyous watch nevertheless, so I'll be very generous and award this show a considerate 7/10.

Personally, I liked the idea of bringing back Sword Art Online because I was starting to wonder why this show still goes under that name. Lol, I wonder if there will be more indications to Sword Art Online anymore in the upcoming project whenever it will air. Well, jokes aside, I hope the 'Sword Art Online will Return' is not just a fake and lame move to stir up false hope for all the dear SAO fans out there since I, too oddly enough, am kind of looking forward to it. However, after seeing the end of the movie credits, it kind of makes me curious as to who that mysterious person sitting was and what he's up to with the help of the former Creator(or whoever he was) although I'm fully aware that another predictable and cliche plot awaits.

Other good points of the show not cited earlier include Kirito's dominance over Sword Art Online again once and for all(perhaps) and then continuing it to Ordinal Scale and getting to see all the crew back in their full powers battling against the last boss of Sword Art Online(funny, but why not?). About the stunning animation, there were certain shots which were a bit poor in quality and certain unnecessary shots as well, such as Asuna's bath scene but I completely understand why it was implemented. However boy, when it mattered, it flourished in bright colors and the good thing was that it persisted throughout the movie and hence a great feature of the movie that shined. Best fight of the movie goes, hands down, to the whole crew versus the final boss of Sword Art Online but other fights were not too far away. Listening to that soundtrack during that battle was seriously awesome and therefore 👏. It was great to see Kirito and Asuna's relationship progressing steadily and I'm interested to see how Asuna's mother reacts to Kirito's visit.

On the other hand, some of the other inferior points of the movie include the all-too predictable plot developments, lack of background information for Yuuna and Eiji's relationship as more would seriously given me a much better thought and impression of this movie and in particular the numerous and ridiculous plot holes coupled with the predictable and cliched. It was fairly obvious what the villains were up to from the very beginning of the movie and so that's really disappointing. Really, all in all, the movie doesn't take itself serious. It brings back its trump card as many would say(SAO) and makes a mess of it, if anything else. Even the sad concept of the movie was not handled too well and this was surprising for worse considering it was A-I Studios making this movie. However, jotting up excuses and lame connections to stir up fights did the job fairly well and hence a good and enjoyable watch.

-Storyline/Plot Developments: 6/10
-Art/Animation: 9.5/10
-Sound Department: 9/10
-Characters: 7.5/10
-Enjoyment: 9/10

=> Overall: 7/10.
_MushiRock11_Sep 23, 2017 8:02 PM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 23, 2017 10:41 AM

Apr 2011
The movie was fun to watch. I enjoyed it. It has nice action scenes. I wanted more. Feels bad about Yuna being one of the thousands killed in SAO.

I'm curious about the end. Especially that person sitting seems to indicate its Kayaba.
MagitoSep 23, 2017 10:56 AM
Sep 24, 2017 9:49 AM

Jan 2008
Ignoring the plotholes, I greatly enjoyed the movie. The scenes between Kirito and Asuna (and Yui) were really lovable. The music and the level 100 boss fight were especially great.

Now I am hyped for a third season with the Alicization arc.
Sep 24, 2017 2:29 PM
May 2017
I was not expecting much from the movie but turns out it was really awesome... now I am hype for the third season.
Sep 24, 2017 4:36 PM

Aug 2015
This movie surprised me. It's incredible how the work of Sword Art Online can awaken our greatest feelings, this plot, these songs, this animation, this dubbing, this life. At first, I thought about hating the movie, because I didn't like playing with the memories of Asuna, I didn't like this villain. But as the story progressed, I found myself in an incredible script and then the nostalgia of the world of Aincrad was taking care of me. I speak as a big fan of the series that has watched the anime several times, read the novels and even manga. I always remembered that square, so that was it... Yuna sang and motivated the players to keep moving forward! No name can be forgotten. I feel like I've lived in this world. I didn't restrain my crying in this great plot twist of the end, again the appearance of Kayaba Akihiko and the players fighting against the hundredth boss. I wondered, what would it be like in the world of Aincrad, who would be left to fight it? How incredible would the battle be? It was not just tears that ran down my eyes, but my nose didn't stop running! What does the future of artificial intelligence await us? Is Kikuoka bad? What will RATH be? A lot of things go through my head ... So, we have this beautiful phrase: "SAO will return".
Sep 24, 2017 4:38 PM

Jul 2017
Orange said:
Plot holes aside, the cinema experience was great because of the animation and music.

Exactly my opinion
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» feel sorry for yuna

Nagiue - Dec 24, 2023

6 by ItzElite »»
Dec 24, 2023 3:01 PM

» plot hole

MCA5EY - Sep 21, 2018

10 by satyamkumar4005 »»
Jul 30, 2023 9:40 AM

» Why R+ - Mild Nudity?

winfoharso - Mar 4, 2020

19 by Kirito_online »»
Aug 10, 2022 5:06 AM

» Somebody should fix the Source from Light novel to Original

KiraShitpostKage - Jul 20, 2020

1 by Nurguburu »»
Dec 4, 2020 11:51 AM

» About reviving yuuna

Kamikoto_kl - Feb 20, 2020

2 by EldritchNeko »»
Jul 19, 2020 11:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.