Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (13) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 »
Feb 23, 2017 8:11 AM

Jun 2015
The_65 said:
I very recently got MAL for the first time and delved pretty much immediately into learning how to customize my profile.
After lurking around a bit and stealing a template to customize a bit, I ran into an issue that I cant figure out for the life of me what is going on.

As an example for the image that I want to replace, I will be using this:

In my Advanced CSS options I was able to locate the url of the image that was being used by default, from the user that created the template.

I created a correctly scaled image that I wanted to use (Image earlier)

This change can be clearly located right here:

However, despite the change that I made, it continues to use the default image from the users template, and I cant for the life of me find out why or how to change it.

Seen here;

If anyone has any idea whats going on or maybe some alternative way to fix it, It would be greatly appreciated.

Full Advanced CSS Here:

Did you write this code yourself? I'm assuming the original picture is actually in the @ import .CSS so you need !important; to force the rule

#mal_cs_pic a[href="/"],
#mal_cs_links a[href="/"] { /*Topbar Character*/
background-image: url("http://i.imgur.com/ELKmJeV.png")!important;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
}
Feb 23, 2017 11:05 AM

Feb 2017
[/size]Did you write this code yourself? I'm assuming the original picture is actually in the @ import .CSS so you need !important; to force the rule

#mal_cs_pic a[href="/"],
}

I didn't write the code myself, I kinda ripped it from a template and messed around with it.
I know very little about coding so this was a huge help and it fixed my problem. Thanks a bunch.
Feb 23, 2017 11:31 AM

Jun 2015
The_65 said:
Did you write this code yourself? I'm assuming the original picture is actually in the @ import .CSS so you need !important; to force the rule

#mal_cs_pic a[href="/"],
}

I didn't write the code myself, I kinda ripped it from a template and messed around with it.
I know very little about coding so this was a huge help and it fixed my problem. Thanks a bunch.

No problems ^^

by the way, your weed smoking yui pictures makes my nose smell smoke @ _ @ ''
Feb 23, 2017 11:42 AM

Feb 2017
Tomato said:
The_65 said:

#mal_cs_pic a[href="/"],
}

No problems ^^

by the way, your weed smoking yui pictures makes my nose smell smoke @ _ @ ''

Working as intended. It's always good to smell that good good.
Mar 19, 2017 2:35 PM
Dec 2015
Hello,
I don't know why, but my custom CSS has been reinitialized, and I can't find again how to have anime covers in HD (it's for a modern-based css).
Anyone have an idea?
Thanks!
May 11, 2017 8:48 PM

Mar 2015
Don't really know where to post this, i am using one of those public layouts everybody has and recently it started messing up and looking like this: http://i.imgur.com/gPlgO5L.jpg

Can you guys help me? :D
May 12, 2017 7:00 PM

Feb 2010
GuillaumeFDR said:
Hello,
I don't know why, but my custom CSS has been reinitialized, and I can't find again how to have anime covers in HD (it's for a modern-based css).
Anyone have an idea?
Thanks!

Try these lines of code at the top of your CSS (one at a time)

@import url(https://malcat-gen.appspot.com/series?preset=datatitle);

@import url(https://malcat-gen.appspot.com/series?preset=datatitlebefore);

@import url(https://malcat-gen.appspot.com/series?preset=dataimagelink);

@import url(https://malcat-gen.appspot.com/series?preset=dataimagelinkbefore);

Gaporigo said:
Don't really know where to post this, i am using one of those public layouts everybody has and recently it started messing up and looking like this: http://i.imgur.com/gPlgO5L.jpg

Can you guys help me? :D

The dropbox link in the CSS was cut off. The person who made the layout has to give you a new import link to that CSS on their dropbox
Jun 3, 2017 8:01 PM

Dec 2012
Hey, I want to put an image as a preview in my anime/manga list, like in this one:

How can I do that?
Jul 19, 2017 7:06 AM

Jun 2014
Hey guys, how can I make the Currently Watching table (only that table) to be ordered alphabetically by the Tags column?
Jul 19, 2017 4:48 PM
平沢唯

Dec 2016
Cazador75 said:
Hey guys, how can I make the Currently Watching table (only that table) to be ordered alphabetically by the Tags column?
Unfortunately this is not possible. Tags are not sortable in that way (you can only search by tag, not sort), and there is no way to auto-sort a table on page load for every visitor.
Aug 21, 2017 6:53 AM
Jul 2018
Hi, I would appreciate some help with the CSS of my Anime and Manga list so the cover of the series would appear on the left when you hover over it just like this image and could look like this on my list. I will leave my code on a spoiler if it helps. Thank you!
Aug 21, 2017 7:22 AM

Aug 2017
Hello, guys, is there any easy way to make my anime list design more cute or atleast likable? I mean, now its convenient, but i feel like its a bit dull
“All men are jealous idiots. And women are stupid too, to feel happy about it. It's true, there are idiots everywhere!”

“I know it's difficult to look past my brilliant tail, brain and looks, but I also have excellent ears and eyes.”

“I need to have a drink, and I need one soon!”

“I am Holo the Wise Wolf so you shut up!”
Aug 21, 2017 7:41 AM

Feb 2010
I wrote a tutorial on this

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=563993

follow instructions on moving the pic where you want it, and I would suggest to update the covers with MALcat
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=443333

Mamokaru said:
Hello, guys, is there any easy way to make my anime list design more cute or atleast likable? I mean, now its convenient, but i feel like its a bit dull

Dunno what you mean by cute or likable, that's a matter of preference. Use a premade layout and give it a cute background?
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1499058
Aug 30, 2017 8:02 AM
Jul 2018
So I already put the cover preview on my AnimeList. Thanks for the links.
However, when I started editing the layout (made by isaychris) a few months ago, I deleted the More button on the CSS. Now I want to get it back. I don't remember the code and I don't find it. If I don't remember correctly, @Shishio-kun, I read once that if you put the cover preview, the More button won't work. Maybe that's why I deleted it. Is there any code to make it work? Help appreciated, ty.
Aug 30, 2017 11:57 AM

Feb 2010
Matuquicas said:
So I already put the cover preview on my AnimeList. Thanks for the links.
However, when I started editing the layout (made by isaychris) a few months ago, I deleted the More button on the CSS. Now I want to get it back. I don't remember the code and I don't find it. If I don't remember correctly, @Shishio-kun, I read once that if you put the cover preview, the More button won't work. Maybe that's why I deleted it. Is there any code to make it work? Help appreciated, ty.

Probably, that style of covers can't use the more button. There is no code I know of to make the More button work all of a sudden with it. There's a way to use similar covers that do allow the more button but it's complicated and would require a lot of changes and personal research
Aug 30, 2017 12:34 PM

Aug 2017
I use layot code made by nobluesky and i wanna change the style of titles (All Anime, Currently Watching, and so on). They're italicized now, how can i make them bold or smth like that?
“All men are jealous idiots. And women are stupid too, to feel happy about it. It's true, there are idiots everywhere!”

“I know it's difficult to look past my brilliant tail, brain and looks, but I also have excellent ears and eyes.”

Aug 31, 2017 9:37 AM

Feb 2010
Mamokaru said:
I use layot code made by nobluesky and i wanna change the style of titles (All Anime, Currently Watching, and so on). They're italicized now, how can i make them bold or smth like that?

Probably

.list-unit .list-status-title .text {
font-style: bold !important;
}
Aug 31, 2017 10:17 AM

Aug 2017
@Shishio-kun That worked out well. Thank you very much.

Sep 14, 2017 6:07 AM

Sep 2016
I need help to make my list transparent so I can see my background and the tab that has quick add,anime list,etc is just sitting on the screen.
Sep 14, 2017 8:05 PM
平沢唯

Dec 2016
AnimeDash said:
I need help to make my list transparent so I can see my background and the tab that has quick add,anime list,etc is just sitting on the screen.
Using an RGBA colour code should do what you want. Your items have white backgrounds so that's 255 RGB, and the last number (the 0.5) is the transparency in decimal form. So 0.5 is 50%, 0.45 is 45%, etcetera.
.list-menu-float .icon-menu {
    background: rgba(255,255,255,0.5);
}
(If it doesn't work, try adding "!important" right before the semi-colon)
Sep 14, 2017 8:35 PM

Sep 2016
I did that and nothing changed unless I'm in the wrong spot
http://prntscr.com/glca51
Sep 14, 2017 8:43 PM
平沢唯

Dec 2016
AnimeDash said:
I did that and nothing changed unless I'm in the wrong spot
http://prntscr.com/glca51
Ah, it might be my bad, the !important shouldn't be in quotes. So it should look like the !important used above on the width statement.
background-color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5) !important;

Also, just want to make sure you know that this background is only applying when you hover the mouse over it with the code you are currently using.
Sep 14, 2017 9:01 PM

Sep 2016
I fixed that now.
Now how do I make the blue box background on my list transparent so I can see my whole actual background.
Sep 14, 2017 9:19 PM
平沢唯

Dec 2016
AnimeDash said:
I fixed that now.
Now how do I make the blue box background on my list transparent so I can see my whole actual background.
Hmm, well that appears to use a gradient. Essentially it's the same deal though, just use RGBA and choose the transparency you want.

This is what it looks like normally (after having removed a lot of unnecessary other text):
.list-unit {
    background: linear-gradient(to bottom, rgba(0,0,0,1), rgba(36,66,145,1));
}

So what's going on here is really just the same as what we did before, but with a two colour gradient. So you would just change that last number to a decimal number of whatever percentage you wanted. So let's just do 50% once again, it would become this:
background: linear-gradient(to bottom, rgba(0,0,0,0.5), rgba(36,66,145,0.5));
Which comes out looking like this: [link]

Side note
You may also see some lines that look like this: (same thing as before but prefixed with "-o-" or "-webkit-" etc)
background: -webkit-linear-gradient(rgba(0,0,0,.4), transparent);
background: -o-linear-gradient(rgba(0,0,0,.4), transparent);
background: -moz-linear-gradient(rgba(0,0,0,.4), transparent);
I would say these were added in by the original author for compatibility reasons, except they're completely different colours and really serve no purpose from what I can tell. So either ignore them or delete them, your choice. But they aren't likely to cause much issue.
Sep 14, 2017 9:33 PM

Sep 2016
One last thing, Is it possible to make it completely invisible.
Sep 14, 2017 9:39 PM
平沢唯

Dec 2016
AnimeDash said:
One last thing, Is it possible to make it completely invisible.
Yep, if you want it totally invisible just set the transparency value to 0. So a totally invisible background would look like this:
rgba(255,255,255,0)

Or for the shortest amount of text (since the actual colour doesn't matter) you could set it to this (which is my preferred method).
rgba(0,0,0,0)

As long as the end number (the number that controls transparency) is set to 0, it will be fully see-through.
Sep 14, 2017 9:46 PM

Sep 2016
Thanks for all the help :D
Sep 14, 2017 9:50 PM
平沢唯

Dec 2016
AnimeDash said:
Thanks for all the help :D
Glad to have been of assistance. :3
Valerio_LyndonMay 6, 2018 4:22 AM
Sep 21, 2018 7:14 PM
Sep 2017
The anime covers or thumbnails are missing in my classic css animelist.how to fix it?Please help with picures.i am not good with written tutorials..
Sep 21, 2018 7:44 PM
平沢唯

Dec 2016
NAZMUS_SHADAT said:
The anime covers or thumbnails are missing in my classic css animelist.how to fix it?Please help with picures.i am not good with written tutorials..
Hey there, I recorded a short video instead of pictures. Hope it fixes it for you. :)

Here is the line for copy-paste (watch video for reference on how to use):
@\import "https://malscraper.azurewebsites.net/covers/auto/presets/more";
Mar 25, 2019 8:49 PM
Nov 2018
Is there a way to change the color of a Modern list?
Changing the blue for gray in the Dark Blue theme for example (Only that color in text, covers, titles, etc)

Mar 25, 2019 8:59 PM
平沢唯

Dec 2016
JoaquinBobxD said:
Is there a way to change the color of a Modern list?
Changing the blue for gray in the Dark Blue theme for example (Only that color in text, covers, titles, etc)

I made some code to do this a while back, you could give it a shot. :) Just add it underneath the "Add Custom CSS" header on your style. I set the colours to a light grey already, but to change it just check out the top of the code. There's commented instructions there for various options, including the banner.
Aug 14, 2019 2:40 AM

Aug 2012
I need help.

I use the classic style for my lists.

I want to change the colors on my anime list, like I had done with my manga list. Thing is, I customized my manga list years ago. So I can't remember how I did it.

I just want to switch around the colors.

I checked it out on the list tab in the settings, but there's numbers and other codes I don't understand at all. I literally don't remember how I did it.
Oct 26, 2019 10:21 AM
Oct 2019
I'm new to MAL. I tried following a tutorial for changing my themes and I copy and pasted a CSS link into my box to change my lists. It completely ruined my pages and I can't fix them. I can't even find a settings icon on my lists. Even if I follow a guide that has a link to the editing profile settings and try to reset everything, it doesn't work. I don't know what to do. I don't even know If this message will get anywhere.
Oct 26, 2019 12:31 PM

Feb 2010
toastyschoolgirl said:
I'm new to MAL. I tried following a tutorial for changing my themes and I copy and pasted a CSS link into my box to change my lists. It completely ruined my pages and I can't fix them. I can't even find a settings icon on my lists. Even if I follow a guide that has a link to the editing profile settings and try to reset everything, it doesn't work. I don't know what to do. I don't even know If this message will get anywhere.

Can you describe what you are seeing, maybe a screenshot? What box did you post the CSS codes to (link what page it was on)? And what pages are you referring to that got ruined- just the list pages or is it the forum too?

This is what I see on your lists, it looks normal.
Shishio-kunOct 26, 2019 12:52 PM
Oct 26, 2019 12:37 PM

Feb 2010
Liaeves said:
I need help.

I use the classic style for my lists.

I want to change the colors on my anime list, like I had done with my manga list. Thing is, I customized my manga list years ago. So I can't remember how I did it.

I just want to switch around the colors.

I checked it out on the list tab in the settings, but there's numbers and other codes I don't understand at all. I literally don't remember how I did it.

You can go to your CSS and you see

/*
// Determines the positioning of your list
*/

#list_surround
{
margin: 0 auto;
width: 920px;
}

You can add on a new line under width:920px; with this code
background-color: red;
that would change the list to red. You can choose the color instead of red tho, like blue, green or an HTML color which is way more specific and will be a number code instead of a color name (Google for a HTML color picker).

Then there's like other sections under that section with their own lines of code. You can add
background-color: red;
to those sections and change the colors for them too. It's hard to say what the section is for and where the color will show up, you just have to experiment and add colors and save until you color the sections you want.

But see in your CSS

/*
// Alternating row color 1
*/

.td1
{

color: #000000;
border-width: 0px 1px 1px 0px;
border-style: solid;
border-color: #ABABAB;
padding: 2px;
background-color: #FFFFFF;
}

/*
// Alternating row color 2
*/

.td2
{

color: #000000;
border-width: 0px 1px 1px 0px;
border-style: solid;
border-color: #ABABAB;
padding: 2px;
background-color: #F1F1F1;
}

is where the background-color codes for the anime list rows are. You can adjust those colors there. Just delete the old color code and replace it with a new one. They're already using HTML color codes, it seems :D
Dec 22, 2019 3:47 AM
ψ( ` ∇ ´ )ψ

Nov 2015
So I'm wondering if I some how did something or if it's just my computer, but no mater what I do to try and edit my anime and manga lists I keep getting the "wheel of death" that wont go away no mater how long I wait.

Dec 22, 2019 3:56 AM
平沢唯

Dec 2016
MelissaWolf said:
So I'm wondering if I some how did something or if it's just my computer, but no mater what I do to try and edit my anime and manga lists I keep getting the "wheel of death" that wont go away no mater how long I wait.

Seems to be happening to everyone. Or at least, everyone I've heard from. There's an ongoing thread about it in the support forum.
Apr 15, 2020 4:04 AM
Dec 2019
I recently made some changes to my list style settings that i'm having trouble undo, is there any way of completely resetting all of it?
Apr 15, 2020 1:10 PM
平沢唯

Dec 2016
MachioSenpai said:
I recently made some changes to my list style settings that i'm having trouble undo, is there any way of completely resetting all of it?
To completely reset your changes to default (image banner, background image, CSS), click "Reset to Default" at the bottom of the customization section.

If you're trying to do something more precise, such as revert a custom CSS design, then you'll have to be a bit more specific (and share your code).
Apr 26, 2020 4:05 PM
Apr 2020
So, i want to add a little png over the "Anime title - score - type etc" bar; I searched on the forum, and on youtube, but I couldn't find a fast tutorial to intervene directly into the css style page
Apr 27, 2020 3:45 AM
平沢唯

Dec 2016
You could achieve something like this with a ::before or ::after "pseudo element", or by re-purposing one of the elements already on the page by giving it a background-image. What method is best depends on what image you're trying to use and where you're trying to place it. As an example of adding in an image, here's some code to add an image in this spot:

.list-table {
	display: flow-root;
	padding-top: 250px;
	border: none;
}

.list-table-header::before {
	content: "";
	display: block;
	width: 100%;
	height: 250px;
	background-image: url(https://placeholder.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/lorem-ipsum.png);
	background-size: auto 100%;
	background-position: left center;
}
Apr 27, 2020 1:49 PM
Apr 2020
Valerio_Lyndon said:
You could achieve something like this with a ::before or ::after "pseudo element", or by re-purposing one of the elements already on the page by giving it a background-image. What method is best depends on what image you're trying to use and where you're trying to place it. As an example of adding in an image, here's some code to add an image in this spot:

.list-table {
	display: flow-root;
	padding-top: 250px;
	border: none;
}

.list-table-header::before {
	width: 100%;
	background-image: url(https://placeholder.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/lorem-ipsum.png);
	background-size: auto 100%;
}

Ok, I took that code and used it. Now, I tried to insert a line to set background opacity, but I couldn't. I saved the code with the image so that you can get the idea of what I would like to do
Apr 28, 2020 9:37 PM
平沢唯

Dec 2016
EverettDucklair said:
Ok, I took that code and used it. Now, I tried to insert a line to set background opacity, but I couldn't. I saved the code with the image so that you can get the idea of what I would like to do
No, you wouldn't be able to change the background directly, since the white background you see is actually not from the "::before" element, but its parent. So, you would have to change the background of its parent. But, this is why I said there are various methods depending on how you wish for it to look and where you want the image placed. For instance, an example of the image being placed above the entire list, so that it could have its own background.

.list-block::before {
	width: 1424px;
	max-width: calc(81% + 64px);
	background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.2);
	background-size: contain;
	margin: 96px auto -96px;
}
If using this code, you probably will want to remove the code you previously added, from the last post.

If you want something more specific than that, you'll have to describe what it is.
May 7, 2020 2:46 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Posts from another thread merged into this one.
May 22, 2020 3:24 PM
Jul 2019
The images on myanimelist aren't showing up, I need help.
May 23, 2020 1:07 AM
平沢唯

Dec 2016
Buggbot3000 said:
It might come back by itself, but if it doesn't or you want an instant fix, you can replace this line:

With this line:
@\import "https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/r89y41zqmt8waaz/animelist_more.css";

I recommend waiting a day or two to see if the cover generator repairs itself, but this fix will be there either way.
May 23, 2020 5:14 AM
Jul 2019
Valerio_Lyndon said:
Buggbot3000 said:
It might come back by itself, but if it doesn't or you want an instant fix, you can replace this line:

With this line:
@\import "https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/r89y41zqmt8waaz/animelist_more.css";

I recommend waiting a day or two to see if the cover generator repairs itself, but this fix will be there either way.

I checked this morning and it got fixed, but thanks for the fix!
May 29, 2020 9:24 PM
Jul 2018
How to remove the black strip background for the headers (shown in red line)

May 29, 2020 9:53 PM
平沢唯

Dec 2016
StahpTouchinMeh said:
How to remove the black strip background for the headers (shown in red line)

https://i.imgur.com/hmZrZhL.png

You can either:

Go to line 108 and delete the "background-color: #000000;" text. Image Example

Or add this to the bottom of your CSS:
table[class^=header] { background: none; }
Pages (13) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 »

More topics from this board

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

4 by DollzchanAi »»
3 minutes ago

» BL reference in Tomodachi Life

Kinspie13 - 11 hours ago

4 by Kinspie13 »»
9 hours ago

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

3 by Vapor_AU »»
10 hours ago

» advice for someone returning to art

Crystepsi - Apr 4

5 by haaku-san »»
Yesterday, 4:21 PM

» Share an ai anime pic

NowOldCow - Dec 6, 2023

19 by loligoth666 »»
Yesterday, 9:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.