Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 12, 2017 5:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Those bear designs...idk why but they kinda silly.

I have to admit, the new employees have really tough attitudes at work (Tsubame for instance) The episode was alright, a lot of business and work picked up this week and I think it's nice to focus on the characters' professional careers.
Sep 12, 2017 5:58 AM

Jan 2012
Best-girl Nenecchi with the easy AND hard mode! Well almost. XD Awww, sweet present scene at the end there.
animefan8800Sep 12, 2017 7:28 AM
Sep 12, 2017 6:29 AM

Apr 2010
Hajime giving Narumi a hard time tho with good intentions and Nene still getting used to programming.
Seems the office is turning busy again with the new game approaching completion.

Guess things will be hectic again next episode.
Sep 12, 2017 8:09 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Okay, i honestly expected Narumi to be a fun character just based off the opening and her first few scenes when she and Momo were introducing themselves.

Quite the opposite though, i like Momo more than her at this point, Narumi comes off as totally awkward and with an ''i'm better than you'' - attitude. Quite annoying.

Not for the good part of Nenecchi being Nenecchi and her interactions with Umiko once again being adorable. Umiko really embraced the mentor figure towards Nene :D

Kou x Rin was once again really heartwarming. I felt a little uneasy when Kou said her words before going to the window, can't think of anything else other than leaving the company. Hope it doesn't happen.
Sep 12, 2017 8:29 AM
Dec 2015
Nene should work for Ubisoft, they will welcome her wholeheartedly.
Sep 12, 2017 8:29 AM
Nov 2016
Those new hires are bothering me.
They're annoying.

The rest of it is pretty good.
Sep 12, 2017 8:32 AM

Jun 2017
We got a good spotlight on most of the characters this week.

Nene and Naru both struggle with their projects.

The Kou x Rin moment was sweet.
Sep 12, 2017 8:35 AM

Jun 2012
Nene, play ME: Andromeda or AC Unity, and you will see debugging should be mandatory :)
Sep 12, 2017 8:54 AM

Jul 2016
Great character interactions once a gain. Nene is really carefree yet passionate at the same time. Naru is fun even though she's overbearing a bit, and her Momo interacted quite unlike how they usual do when it came to work material.

The ending was amazing because it's classic Kou yet without the usual atmosphere.

Sep 12, 2017 9:11 AM

Sep 2008
The focus returned to the game's development and it looks like the final release isn't too far off.

Momo and Naru tone down their office drama a little, although Naru is still throwing ice at Nene. Both of them finish their mini-games, and both of them go above and beyond of what was originally asked of them.

It's a little sad to see Hifumi sitting alone eating her dinner while everyone else was having fun. And she's hasn't had much screen time lately either. Hifumi fans of the world, unite!!

The Kou and Rin scene was probably the best and was well done. Kou is still struggling with letting go some of her responsibilities, but the company can't grow otherwise. It's a problem that happens in every office, and somehow usually gets solved. People change and what they do changes.

Overall another very good episode. With only 2 episodes to go (sob), it looks like they are well-positioned to finish the game maybe next ep and then have a grand finale episode. I will really miss this show.
Sep 12, 2017 10:13 AM

Jul 2015
I found the scene with Aoba and Nene outside super visually pleasing, great episode as usual!
Sep 12, 2017 10:44 AM

Sep 2013
The game goes relatively smoothly with some design and game choices taking a bit longer.
Kou is hiding something.
Sep 12, 2017 11:45 AM
Jul 2017
2 episodes left, I'm about to cry!!!!
Sep 12, 2017 11:58 AM

Dec 2013
It seems like they decided to focus more on the game development this episode. And it seems they've reached the final spurt of this season's deadline.
Whilst we're still getting a bit of drama between Naru and Nenechi, it seems like she's starting to come into her own. She shouldn't feel too discouraged that she wasn't able to contribute more to the new game's development in ways other than debugging though. It's all good experience for her to grow into her dream role of a super designer XD

Kou reminiscing about a time when she had too much work to do and not enough time. I find it funny how she's actually complaining about twiddling thumbs, haha. I'd give anything to be in her position.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 12, 2017 12:49 PM

Feb 2014
I don't know why, but I laughed a lot when the fish in the minigame Naru was testing started to glitch up and spin around. Thanks to that, a familiar song comes to mind... XD

I can understand Nene's frustrations of being a debugger once again, but her skills as a debugger the last time around was excellent, so having her debugging this game helps her contribute more to the team. That way, her chance of extending her contract would go up and I'm sure that she'll have more opportunities in the future to improve on making her own games as well. =)

Both Momo and Naru are melding into the team nicely now and are helping out whenever they can. Naru's still a little harsh on Nene, but I can't blame her way of thinking at the end of the day. She's making good progress with her work and that can't be faulted.

Kou and Rin's segment was really sweet. It was nice of Kou to give Rin a new watch as a present to her for all the hard work they've put into the game. To top it all off, Kou decided to stay the night at the office and flashed her panties again. That's only twice this season, compared to when she did that in almost every episode from the last season. I did miss that admittedly. =P

Only two episodes left now. D=
Sep 12, 2017 1:38 PM

Sep 2016
they should do valve way to debug games. release games in "beta" disguise and then let the players do the debugging for free.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Sep 12, 2017 1:49 PM

Jun 2012
"Games are living things" --- Hazuki
This is a very creative profound argument.

Nice to see Kou going can't-sleep-with-my-pants again XD
Sep 12, 2017 1:59 PM

Nov 2008
Smudy said:
Okay, i honestly expected Narumi to be a fun character just based off the opening and her first few scenes when she and Momo were introducing themselves.

Quite the opposite though, i like Momo more than her at this point, Narumi comes off as totally awkward and with an ''i'm better than you'' - attitude. Quite annoying.

Not for the good part of Nenecchi being Nenecchi and her interactions with Umiko once again being adorable. Umiko really embraced the mentor figure towards Nene :D

Kou x Rin was once again really heartwarming. I felt a little uneasy when Kou said her words before going to the window, can't think of anything else other than leaving the company. Hope it doesn't happen.

well
.. but I cant verify the truth of it
Sep 12, 2017 2:52 PM

Nov 2016
I'm starting to get used to the new girls, it almost feels natural by now, almost.

Kou and Rin moment was the best part about this episode, including a bit fanservice,
the bait was real. just do it already, everyone is waiting
FMmatronSep 13, 2017 5:49 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 12, 2017 3:01 PM

Dec 2014
"The eternal struggle of crunch time/;, Nenechii just hit the spot there. XD

Narumi's attitude is certainly different from what I expected it to be, thought she was the more cheerful type but she certainly comes off with kind of a supercilious personality.

Kou and Rin moment at the end was really sweet. <3
Sep 12, 2017 4:48 PM

Jan 2014
FMmatron said:
I'm starting to get used to the new girls, it almost feels natural by now, almost.

Kou and Rin moment was the best part about this moment, including a bit fanservice,

We have less screen time of the original girls though :/

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Sep 12, 2017 5:02 PM

Dec 2016
Good episode.

Nene has her groove back and was nice to see her trying hard and smiling again.

Not sure about that hard mode though lol.

Haha classic Kou, I still remember the episode in the 1st season where Aoba walks in and both Kou & Rin are in their underwear.

That did look like a nice watch.
Sep 12, 2017 5:16 PM

Oct 2013
I'm coming around to the conclusion that what makes New Game rise above the run of the mill SOL shows is that each character develops in a natural way over the course of the series. Examples of this character growth in this episode would be how Nene feels like giving up on her maze game, but after Narumi chides her a bit she talks herself into completing it and tries to add more, Hajime's becoming more of a senpai over Narumi (I liked how Umiko did not intervene when Hajime asks Narumi for yet another change), and the final scene between Kuo and Rin and Rin's gift.
Sep 12, 2017 5:40 PM

Oct 2016
animefan8800 said:
Best-girl Nenecchi

Every girl is best girl.
Sep 12, 2017 5:48 PM

Jan 2012
SeasonADay said:
animefan8800 said:
Best-girl Nenecchi

Every girl is best girl.

Well she's definitely above that bitch Naru! They all are actually by default!
Sep 12, 2017 6:26 PM

Jun 2017
anirudhsuki said:
Nene should work for Ubisoft, they will welcome her wholeheartedly.

XDDDDDD

Good one!
Sep 12, 2017 6:37 PM

Apr 2011
I like Nennechi. Fun but passionate about programming.
Sep 12, 2017 7:10 PM

Dec 2008
I hope Kou isn't hiding something :(
And please don't leave the company :( :( :(
I don't want Kou x Rin drama. Specially since this is the slowest slow burn bait ever. Just give me my yuri ffs.
Sep 12, 2017 8:29 PM

Sep 2011
sirwence said:
Smudy said:

well
.. but I cant verify the truth of it

Looking at chapter 61 that was scantilated today
Sep 12, 2017 9:51 PM

Apr 2014
still cant like the new girls

Sep 12, 2017 9:59 PM

Jun 2015
Naru bitchiness level now at around 4/10, we're improving... I don't dislike Momo and Naru, I don't love them either. Their designs are cute, their personalities are also cute around each other, otherwise I'm a bit neutral towards them. At least Nene was able to finish on time!

Ahhh, Kou x Rin moment warms my heart. Though the obvious foreshadowing kind of sucks. Dammit one-way Yuri. Not only will they not end up together, they will end up far apart. "But remember me by the watch I gave you, Rin!" Blegh, rubbish.
Sep 12, 2017 10:52 PM

Sep 2013
Nenecchi is featured in this episode a lot and it was great! She's making a lot of progress for a newbie. So proud of our adorable little airhead.

I can't find myself to like Naru but I really hope that changes with the remaining episodes. I don't hate her or anything, I just don't enjoy her presence as much as Momiji. And that RinxKou moment was sweet. It's been a while since we've seen Kou without her pants on so I forgot she does that sometimes.

Sep 12, 2017 11:17 PM
Jan 2015
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:
"Games are living things" --- Hazuki
This is a very creative profound argument.

Nice to see Kou going can't-sleep-with-my-pants again XD
I know right? I was worried we'll never get to see Kou panty shots again. What a relief lol

OT:Episode was was pretty good, I liked how they expanded more on the programming side of things and the RinXKou moment at the end was much needed, S2 has been seriously lacking in RinxKou moments.
My Queens

Sep 12, 2017 11:36 PM
Dec 2015
MonogatariLSD said:
Naru bitchiness level now at around 4/10, we're improving... I don't dislike Momo and Naru, I don't love them either. Their designs are cute, their personalities are also cute around each other, otherwise I'm a bit neutral towards them. At least Nene was able to finish on time!

Ahhh, Kou x Rin moment warms my heart. Though the obvious foreshadowing kind of sucks. Dammit one-way Yuri. Not only will they not end up together, they will end up far apart. "But remember me by the watch I gave you, Rin!" Blegh, rubbish.
you will feel for her after hearing her back story, yeah this anime had backstory.
Sep 13, 2017 12:43 AM

Sep 2012
nene was able to finish the task, nice.

oke the two new character which i am not really fond of.
both of them has too much pride, if you're intern then act like one.
especially narumi, previous episode is probably really bad because the way she talk and questioning a trusted employee like umiko.

and i don't know... this scene just rubbed me the wrong way. don't laugh if you don't want to be laugh at.
Sep 13, 2017 2:39 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Acceptable Naru episode giving credit to Nenecchi's efforts, Yagami's behavior on the meeting until the last scene kinda worries me or I think not.

I need that Mozuku scratching the neko.
Sep 13, 2017 6:10 AM

Nov 2016
Zelev said:
FMmatron said:

Kou and Rin moment was the best part about this moment, including a bit fanservice,

We have less screen time of the original girls though :/

Yeah, that's the downside of it, especially since this season focussed so much on the development of the maincast.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 13, 2017 7:46 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
That Naru so arrogant with Nenechi. Really dislike her because of how she treats her. Momo at least treats treat everyone fairly.

I really love seeing Nenechi, she brings so much life to the show with her warm go getter personality. :)

Rin x Yagami moment was so heart warming. Yagami so thoughtful of Rin and imo the best friend who would be there for you always.
I still prefer Rin x Yagami since those two have such maturity and feel more natural together.

Yun also looking so cute when she's deep in thought :)

Sep 13, 2017 11:13 AM
Jul 2016

Rin knows she wants it
Sep 13, 2017 5:56 PM

Aug 2017
umiko best senpai~
 Live in life, die in death. Follow your heart, do what you can 
     ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ────┐

└─────── ─ ─ ─    
Sep 13, 2017 7:41 PM

Jun 2015
Nene is back again at debugging. She has improved a lot though. It's an important job. Kou and Rin had a sweet moment. Rin catching Kou with her panties shown was funny.
Sep 13, 2017 9:43 PM

Jan 2011
Nene being the Ray of joy and hope in the office place made my day

Naru still a bitch though once again i have to take her side on the delay while it was clear she didn't want to be blamed for it and was covering herself rightfully so it kinda showed some of her hypocrisy about doing it till it's right
Sep 14, 2017 3:55 AM

May 2017
I never thought I'd hate a character from a moeshit this much, since episode 9, fuuuuuck Naru
Sep 14, 2017 7:43 PM

Nov 2013
Yea I find the dynamic the other characters had was more entertaining, and the new ones are taking time away from that.
Nene still best girl

I can see you

Sep 15, 2017 8:30 AM

May 2015
Oh my days, Kou and Rin's moment alone was already 10/10.

Sep 16, 2017 7:01 AM

Oct 2008
Nene was praised again by Umiko for being an excellent debugger! Nenechi is always so cute!
We have good moments with Kou & Rin!
Rin so cute blushing to Kou because of her pantsu!
4/5.

Sep 16, 2017 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
In the end, Momo is less obnoxious than Naru, although he is not a bad girl, but Nene is too good to be treated badly. Although the girls mature, the narration shows well, as characters remain the ones of always, Yagami is an example. Drawings and animations, well cared for and made well.
Sep 16, 2017 11:07 AM
Dec 2015
Taro from Shirobako should join this company as kou leaves. That would be THE BEST.
anirudhsukiSep 16, 2017 11:16 AM
Sep 16, 2017 11:15 AM
Dec 2015
Next episode. Natural will see where nenechhi shines.
Sep 16, 2017 8:02 PM

Jun 2010
Nene is such a good, beautiful, wonderful, girl.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » New Game!! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 15, 2017

100 by kitoha »»
Apr 21, 8:29 PM

Poll: » New Game!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2017

87 by winddevil1 »»
Apr 20, 4:20 PM

Poll: » New Game!! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2017

72 by winddevil1 »»
Apr 20, 9:49 AM

Poll: » New Game!! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2017

82 by kitoha »»
Apr 19, 6:31 PM

Poll: » New Game!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2017

158 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 7, 9:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.