Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 11, 2017 10:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice to see there are even angels in this series :D

I like how the episode concentrated on the two angels until they visited the restaurant. The singing though...it seems to have supernatural effects on people.

Glad to see the dragon lady back again! The food semed nice. I mean, even Kuro seems to enjoy it.
Sep 11, 2017 11:03 AM

Apr 2010
Was it just me or did Kuro spoke the last few words out loud instead of using her usual telepathy?
Those two harpies where pretty fun to watch with their innocence especially when they started signing and Kuro stopped them just in time.
Seeing Kuro and Aka having a conversation outside the cafe was also nice, they seem to care about each other.
Sep 11, 2017 12:01 PM
Jun 2016
How many episodes will this be? still showing? Is it 1 season or 2, can't et enough of this.
Sep 11, 2017 12:20 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Beautiful episode focusing on Kuro, she's getting used to the people around her, nice to see :)

The angels duo was quite fun, especially the girl, very enthusiastic one. The connection between them and Alphonse who was on this island beforehand was really neat and they ended up meeting him, too!
Sep 11, 2017 12:21 PM

Aug 2013
Kuro actually talked. :) Her smile is quite charming.

Even raw food are delicious in that restaurant. I like how the show is connecting all the characters and their stories together. It's one of the things that makes it unique.

Sep 11, 2017 12:22 PM

Sep 2009
Stark700 said:

I like how the episode concentrated on the two angels until they visited the restaurant. The singing though...it seems to have supernatural effects on people.

Glad to see the dragon lady back again! The food semed nice. I mean, even Kuro seems to enjoy it.

Smudy said:
Beautiful episode focusing on Kuro, she's getting used to the people around her, nice to see :)

The angels duo was quite fun, especially the girl, very enthusiastic one. The connection between them and Alphonse who was on this island beforehand was really neat and they ended up meeting him, too!

Guys. What's up with you? They are not angels, they are sirens. It was stated a few times during this ep.
Sep 11, 2017 12:28 PM

Aug 2013
Ah my zen is achieved with another episode of this feel good show. I'm guessing next week may be the last one since it will be episode 12...then again it could be 13 eps but who knows since the episode count is still a question mark. Kuro screen time is much appreciated, glad to see her development.
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 11, 2017 12:38 PM

Sep 2015
They share the paradise door to next generation.

Good thing those sirens don't forgot to bring some money there.
Into the Internet!
Sep 11, 2017 12:40 PM
Nov 2016
I have never seen sirens being depicted in such a positive light before.

Seems like the stories from different episodes are more interconnected than we first suspected as it was Alphonse-san's island we're these two sirens were building their nest.

Is something gonna happen between Kuro and the owner? I am curious
Sep 11, 2017 12:44 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This Kuro focused episode made me smile and I'm really happy for her :'')
Sep 11, 2017 12:45 PM

Apr 2012
>Kuro talked
dem feels man
Sep 11, 2017 12:48 PM

Dec 2014
Lovely episode focusing on Kuro, seeing her talk made me smile.

Seems everyone likes Lassi more than me. xD
Sep 11, 2017 12:58 PM

Jun 2014
The sirens were amusing to watch, and it's interesting that they seem to share their world with the castaway guy that loves curry rice.

Kuro actually spoke at the end, that was a nice surprise.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 11, 2017 1:33 PM
Oct 2014
Kuro say something with her mouth ! oh god that's something. w/e great ep as usual.
Sep 11, 2017 1:38 PM

Sep 2013
2 monsterfolks building their nest in the island where alphonse was, raw fish is alright.
Kuro falling for master but she is too dense and curry addicted to care, curry buns.
Sep 11, 2017 1:55 PM

Nov 2016
Great, now I want to try a Curry Bun xD

Wonder if the last episode will have some kind of special menu and if we get to see all characters together.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 11, 2017 2:21 PM

Feb 2016
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Stark700 said:

Smudy said:

Guys. What's up with you? They are not angels, they are sirens. It was stated a few times during this ep.

with all honestly, they looked more like Harpies and some sort of succubus rather than "Sirens"
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Sep 11, 2017 2:36 PM
Feb 2017
those sirens are kinda lucky because Kuro was there..maybe they wont be able to go back in one piece if the Red Dragon was there haha..those sirens really cute tho
Sep 11, 2017 2:55 PM
Dec 2015
Who is more powerful red or black? Does the master have a significant other in that other world or is he single? I really want know. As much as I like romance I don't like romance between Kuro and master. She has lived for tens and thousands of years and will continue to do so. As for the master he has already crossed 30 I think, max he can live is 50-60 years which is equal to a moment for Kuro. So I don't want a romance in this otherwise good anime
Sep 11, 2017 3:13 PM

Apr 2013
Oh one of the rare moments Kuro speaks outloud!

I was hoping their sirens would actually sound beautiful when they were singing... got my hopes up.

Sep 11, 2017 3:18 PM

Sep 2016

*through the dark lord, amen
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Sep 11, 2017 3:19 PM

Feb 2014
The sirens were pretty energetic and fun, although their singing and piano skills were bad, to the point that their singing effected both the master and Aletta. Good thing Kuro was unaffected as she reprimanded the young sirens.

Although I'm not a fan of tuna, I do admit that the dish served up for the sirens looked pretty tasty. =)

Kuro was leaving me smiling a lot in this episode. Seeing her enjoying more of the food dished for her was nice, but as she saw Aletta leave the restaurant, she spoke with her mouth instead of telepathy to say goodbye to Aletta. That particular moment was really sweet. =D
Sep 11, 2017 3:50 PM
May 2015
Wait a minute, in the preview, is that the half elf hero that fought with the Lion gladiator? I've genuinely liked all the characters so far but this one, I just have such a bias against.
Sep 11, 2017 4:54 PM
Dec 2015
Those who read the original. Did the master have any wife or girlfriend in his world.
Sep 11, 2017 5:02 PM

Sep 2010
Finally some improvements! Almost as they felt like this show (novel?) is too repetitive.
Sep 11, 2017 6:27 PM
Jun 2013
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

The children in the first half of the show, aren't angels, they are sirens, as it was stated in the beginning of the show. The reason is that as you get a good look at their legs and feet they are very birdlike. Also when Ariusu and Iris started singing both Tenshu and Aletta were entranced by their voices, until Kuro had stopped them.
Sep 11, 2017 6:32 PM
Jun 2013
Aversa said:
Was it just me or did Kuro spoke the last few words out loud instead of using her usual telepathy?
Those two harpies where pretty fun to watch with their innocence especially when they started signing and Kuro stopped them just in time.
Seeing Kuro and Aka having a conversation outside the cafe was also nice, they seem to care about each other.

I think she did, but I gave to check it out, wither later today or in the next few days.
Sep 11, 2017 6:35 PM
Jun 2013
wolfwing said:
How many episodes will this be? still showing? Is it 1 season or 2, can't et enough of this.

This is the first season and as I can tell the next episode is the last episode. I hope that there is a second season and more seasons.
Sep 11, 2017 7:39 PM

Nov 2011
Those Harpies were annoying. I did think it was cool they were on Alphonse's Island though.
I really like how Kuro came in and saved the day from the Harpies singing, I thought that was pretty cool.

Kuro was already top tier Waifu but she became best character after this episode. SHE EVEN SPOKE NORMALLY!!!!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 11, 2017 8:01 PM

Jan 2014
I can tolerate episodic anime, but I seriously can't stand shows that place new characters in each episode. At least it has nice music going for it. Does anyone know when this show ends? I'm too stubborn to drop it.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Sep 11, 2017 8:33 PM

Dec 2007
Zelev said:
I can tolerate episodic anime, but I seriously can't stand shows that place new characters in each episode. At least it has nice music going for it. Does anyone know when this show ends? I'm too stubborn to drop it.

Why do you dislike that? Every new character added to the restaurant makes it more lively and fun. For me at least. Seeing them interact is why I watch the show.

Sep 11, 2017 8:42 PM

Jan 2014
b14ckrose said:
Zelev said:

Why do you dislike that? Every new character added to the restaurant makes it more lively and fun. For me at least. Seeing them interact is why I watch the show.

My brain treats it like a new show every episode (because it's never the same character), so it feels like I'm giving a new show a chance - which gets draining (that's the best way I can explain it).

^ It's the main reason why Black Mirror is hard for me to watch (show on Netflix).

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Sep 11, 2017 9:00 PM

Dec 2013
Could those two sirens be more hyper? Hahaha!
It was great fun watching the two of them touching everything and doing whatever they wanted without a care in the world. It was good that Kuro was in the shop though, because who knows what sort of disaster they would have caused with their voices. Felt quite happy they decided to nest on that island too.

And having Kuro narrate was a lot of fun. Her relationship with Red seems quite a friendly one. Still, I do hope we get a chance to see the other 4 dragons. Thought those curry buns were croquettes, but I see we're getting those next week.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 11, 2017 10:07 PM

Sep 2015
Kuro best waifu this season.
That curry bun also looks like it tastes great. I want one :(
Sep 11, 2017 10:34 PM

Sep 2015
Was expecting Aletta to almost cllose the door and go back in realizing Kuro spoke.
Sep 11, 2017 10:42 PM

Nov 2016
In fact, I may have put in 11 episodes before noticing it, but it's a fact, Aletta is pretty ~

Kuro, as usual, is really cute ~

thesarcasticguy said:

I don't think it's love because she said the feeling was rather unpleasant.
Sep 12, 2017 12:34 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
HereticHunter said:

with all honestly, they looked more like Harpies and some sort of succubus rather than "Sirens"

What? These are exactly how Siren should be:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siren_%28mythology%29
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 12, 2017 1:47 AM

Jul 2014
Cool idea to have the harpies end up on Alphonse's island (a nice way to connect otherwise separate stories at least), but they were incredibly annoying as well. Other than that, the focus on Kuro for most of the episode was a nice change of pace, even if it does feel too little too late for this show.
Sep 12, 2017 4:56 AM

May 2009
AkeHomu said:

thesarcasticguy said:

I don't think it's love because she said the feeling was rather unpleasant.

Well it does feel rather unpleasant when you don't know what love is. ^^
Sep 12, 2017 5:29 AM
Sep 2015
wakka9ca said:
HereticHunter said:

Exactly: Harpies (like Papi from Monster Musume) don't have human-like arms, only bird-like wings.
Sep 12, 2017 6:41 AM

Jun 2016
That was a very cute episode with the two sirens. Loved both the first and second half. Holy shit. Kuro just speak using her mouth. Holy shit. She's so cute, I swear. Aletta is cute, too, of course.

This was a pretty heartwarming episode. Omfg. I wanna taste a Japanese version of curry so baaaaad. Waaaaah.

Eek. There's a cute elf next episode. Kyaa!

The next one will be the last, right? Ohmygod. I hope it's not. ;-;

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 12, 2017 7:49 AM

Feb 2016
wakka9ca said:
HereticHunter said:

I've been stated with that several times lol, well I guess just some ignorance bout greek's sirens, what an inconsistent mythical creature, either a "fish" or a flying being huh oh wait, I guess I'm confusing mermaids with sirens lmao
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Sep 12, 2017 8:30 AM

Aug 2013
wait a sec.. did Kuro actually talked there in the end?
damn
Sep 12, 2017 11:33 AM
Oct 2010
Aquviel said:
Harpies (like Papi from Monster Musume) don't have human-like arms, only bird-like wings.

There are depictions of harpies with human arms, although mostly with claws instead of hands.

Well, it's not like there are strict rules for fiction...

Harpies shouldn't have alluring/hypnotic songs though.
AjunkySep 12, 2017 12:12 PM
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Sep 12, 2017 1:04 PM
Mar 2016
Kuro time......man, I wonder why didn't those Chimeras didn't introduce themselves to Alponson, the very guy who left them a treasure trove of gold and sliver?
Sep 12, 2017 1:22 PM

Nov 2015
Whoahoho said:
Kuro time......man, I wonder why didn't those Chimeras didn't introduce themselves to Alponson, the very guy who left them a treasure trove of gold and silver?
Becasue it was them who made him stay on that island for 20 years. Remember it said they drown ships and stuff.

"The longer you live, the more you realize that reality is just made of pain, suffering, and emptiness." -Madara Uchiha
Sep 12, 2017 2:20 PM

Feb 2008
Kuro's narration was unexpectedly amusing.

The inherent sadness of her existence is still as depressing as ever. Working at that restaurant is the only thing she can look forward to. At least it's worth it.
Sep 12, 2017 4:35 PM

Oct 2013
Kuro turns out to be pretty cooi. The sirens looked a little goofy with regular clothes. Maybe they should have had feathers or maybe Classical-style tunics.
Sep 13, 2017 6:22 PM

Jun 2015
A nice episode focusing on Kuro. She actually moved her mouth to talk. That was a surprise. I don't like to eat anything raw, but the raw fish looks good at that restaurant.
Sep 13, 2017 10:42 PM

May 2017
just when I thought Kuro (best girl) will have an episode of screen time, barely 50% screen time lol
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Easter hunt help

Canfro - Apr 16, 2022

18 by Mithun1237 »»
Apr 3, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2017

163 by chocoalyaUwU »»
Apr 1, 9:47 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2017

137 by Forum »»
Jan 15, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2017

69 by gyanburubii »»
Jan 8, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2017

74 by Hayley2877 »»
Aug 31, 2023 12:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.