Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 7, 2017 12:30 PM
Sep 2017
Ok so I am on episode 15 now and it's feels like there really isn't that much humor or anything great happening, as I heard from other people saying of how enjoyable this anime is, is season 2 and 3 better?
Sep 7, 2017 12:31 PM

Dec 2015
Yes continue, it gets much better in the following seasons.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 7, 2017 12:33 PM
Sep 2017
Ok thank you, I will continue with gintama
Sep 7, 2017 12:33 PM

Oct 2012
Yes, the show gets gradually better. There are also serious arcs that come from time to time and later seasons focus a lot in the plot. But it's mostly comedy and random events, so I'd say that you should keep watching if you find the characters interesting
Sep 7, 2017 12:34 PM

May 2015
I'm not sure when, but like since chapter 55 or a little before gintama transforms in the best comedy anime ever
Sep 7, 2017 12:39 PM

Jul 2015
I stopped watching anime over a year ago, and now that i'm thinking of making a come back, Gintama will probably be my top priority. You should definetely keep watching it
Sep 7, 2017 12:40 PM

Jan 2013
Based on ~100 Gintama episodes I've seen, I'd say it's pretty much the same all the time. I don't think its a matter of the anime 'getting better', more like it's you getting used to its type of humor etc. I started to like Gintama after I took a break. I watched around 40 episodes but it was meh so I gave up, but then I started to really miss the characters so I picked it up again and I enjoyed it much more.
fuyukiSep 7, 2017 12:45 PM
Sep 7, 2017 12:41 PM

May 2014
I would like it so much more if Shinpachi didn't constantly yell and point out everything the funny man was doing.

I would say if you're not enjoying the humor at that point, in won't get consistently funny for you.
Sep 7, 2017 12:41 PM

Aug 2017
Keep going. My friend said it get better after 25~50.
"I'm tired, Boss. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly at each other."
- John Coffey, Green Miles
Sep 7, 2017 12:51 PM

Jun 2014
I'd drop it. It's purely episodic, and has next to no plot at all. It's literally one of the most overrated Anime of all time.

Sep 7, 2017 1:48 PM

Mar 2011
Thread has been moved to correct series board
Sep 7, 2017 5:53 PM

Jul 2015
Seiya said:
I'd drop it. It's purely episodic, and has next to no plot at all. It's literally one of the most overrated Anime of all time.
But it's not purely episodic and does have a overarching plot... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgzwyZMwivA

Hell the manga now has had 150 Chapters straight dedicated entirely to the Plot and is ramping up the Clmiax for the series
Sup...
Sep 7, 2017 5:54 PM

Jul 2015
The first 30-40 Episodes are imo(and a lot of Gintama fans agree) the weakest part of the series, but the more you go, the more the Humor gets more crazy and creative, and there is Serious Arcs later on, that does Battle Shounen better than Most full battle shounen series
Sup...
Sep 10, 2017 6:38 PM

Nov 2014
Seiya said:

Nice try, someone clearly dropped it before episode 50. And people like you seem to like throwing around the word "overrated". Just because you don't like it, doesn't make something overrated. Clearly it's one of the highest ranking animes for a reason and if you don't like it, to be frank, no one cares.
Sep 10, 2017 6:41 PM

Jun 2014
Karma-Senpai said:
Seiya said:

Nice try, someone clearly dropped it before episode 50. And people like you seem to like throwing around the word "overrated". Just because you don't like it, doesn't make something overrated. Clearly it's one of the highest ranking animes for a reason and if you don't like it, to be frank, no one cares.

Most of all the "high ranking Anime" are not my cup of tea.

Also, "animes" is not a word.

Sep 10, 2017 6:45 PM

Jul 2012
Karma-Senpai said:
Seiya said:

So if I haven't spent 16+ hours on something I'm not enjoying, I can't say anything bad about it? Nice try.
Sep 10, 2017 6:47 PM

Jun 2014
I don't think that it has the best humor ever, but it has its moments that make me laugh. For me personally, its humor is a hit or miss, with some episodes, even the consecutive ones, being funnier than others. Despite this, I am still watching it because I mainly like it for the characters rather than the humor.

However, if you get further in and you find out that you still don't think it's much better, then don't force yourself to watch it.
Sep 10, 2017 9:16 PM

Nov 2014
Seiya said:
Karma-Senpai said:

Yeah clearly I can see that. Your "cup of tea" are trash that no one watches.
Sep 10, 2017 9:18 PM

Nov 2014
Lifeguard_wzrd said:
Karma-Senpai said:

So if I haven't spent 16+ hours on something I'm not enjoying, I can't say anything bad about it? Nice try.

Are you illiterate or just mentally challenged? Where exactly in my comment did you interpret me saying that you cannot say anything bad about Gintama? Nice try at pretending you even graduated from high school.
Sep 10, 2017 9:19 PM

Jun 2014
Karma-Senpai said:
Seiya said:

So, you're only quoting me to insult me, then?

Blocked.

Sep 10, 2017 9:24 PM

Nov 2014
Seiya said:
Karma-Senpai said:

Blocked.

Thanks for saving me the effort of doing it myself little sensitive boy. Keep watching those shows that 20 other people watch and think you know what classifies as a good show. Hope I didn't hurt your feelings too much and make you cry.
Sep 10, 2017 9:28 PM

Jun 2014
Karma-Senpai said:
Seiya said:

Blocked.

Thanks for saving me the effort of doing it myself little sensitive boy. Keep watching those shows that 20 other people watch and think you know what classifies as a good show. Hope I didn't hurt your feelings too much and make you cry.

Little sensitive boy? I'm 8 years older than you, child.

Sep 10, 2017 9:29 PM

Nov 2014
It does not get any better.
ExTemplar said:
I started watching Gintama in the middle of my anime “career,” by that time I already watched a lot of shows of the same genres, so I was looking for something innovative. My friends (not my friends anymore) suggested me to watch this show called Silver Soul. “It is good” they said, “You will like it” they said. So I gave it a try, I watched first 13 episodes, and I was like “wtf is this garbage?” My friends insisted on me keep on watching it, and so I did (trusting in their similar tastes of mine). By the time I got to episode 24-ish I was done with it, I could not bear to see more of this so called “Gold Comedy.” I grew up watching better anime shows, better parody, and much better (obviously subjective, duh) comedy like those starting Charlie Chaplin, Pierre Richard, Louis de Funès, Rowan Atkinson, Jim Carrey, Leslie Nielsen, etc. Not only Gintama wasn’t good, it was not even creative. Fine, w/e I moved forward. Time skip to 2014. I find out that Gintama is placed at the top 10 on MAL, at that point I strated to doubt myself. “Maybe I was too young? Maybe it does get better?” So I went ahead and watched all of it. Actually no, I did not watch it, I CRAMMED IT ALL IN OUT OF SPITE (funny how previously I mentioned that I despite that). Well guess what?! It does not get better, it is shit! It is objectively shit, starting from outdated visuals, forgettable OST, plain wood characters and on, and on, and on. The only 1/10 I ever gave.

Sep 10, 2017 9:37 PM

Nov 2014
Seiya said:
Karma-Senpai said:

Are you that desperate for someone to talk to? Your intelligence really shows when you're that old and still think age acts as some sort of indicator for anything. I remember back when I was in elementary school when I had your mentality and though age was some short of measure of maturity, glad I moved on from that while your 30 year old ass sitting at home all day in his mother's basement. What happened to you blocking me tough guy? You're blocked, have a nice day lurking on this site and posting your comments on your forum as you get off to your 1990s shows with little girls. You and the other 20 people who share your fetishes.
Sep 11, 2017 9:08 AM

Mar 2017
Depending on your taste....maybe you should let me know your best comedy anime so far. It would make me easier to know your humour taste and give you suggestion. :)
Sep 11, 2017 10:40 AM

Mar 2017
ExTemplar said:
ExTemplar said:
I started watching Gintama in the middle of my anime “career,” by that time I already watched a lot of shows of the same genres, so I was looking for something innovative. My friends (not my friends anymore) suggested me to watch this show called Silver Soul. “It is good” they said, “You will like it” they said. So I gave it a try, I watched first 13 episodes, and I was like “wtf is this garbage?” My friends insisted on me keep on watching it, and so I did (trusting in their similar tastes of mine). By the time I got to episode 24-ish I was done with it, I could not bear to see more of this so called “Gold Comedy.” I grew up watching better anime shows, better parody, and much better (obviously subjective, duh) comedy like those starting Charlie Chaplin, Pierre Richard, Louis de Funès, Rowan Atkinson, Jim Carrey, Leslie Nielsen, etc. Not only Gintama wasn’t good, it was not even creative. Fine, w/e I moved forward. Time skip to 2014. I find out that Gintama is placed at the top 10 on MAL, at that point I strated to doubt myself. “Maybe I was too young? Maybe it does get better?” So I went ahead and watched all of it. Actually no, I did not watch it, I CRAMMED IT ALL IN OUT OF SPITE (funny how previously I mentioned that I despite that). Well guess what?! It does not get better, it is shit! It is objectively shit, starting from outdated visuals, forgettable OST, plain wood characters and on, and on, and on. The only 1/10 I ever gave.

Wow, you gave all Gintama a 1 but your favourites are GTO, Konosuba and you gave Binbougami ga a 9. I like all of them and it is weird if you hate Gintama so much because Gintama has so many similarities.
It is totally Onizuka who jump into fantasy anime surrounded with stupid friends doing parodies and dirty jokes but also meaningful life lessons.
And your reason is pretty much the oposite with the fact.
1. Outdated visual, I agree if what you mean is Gintama 2006 but Gintama 2011, Gintama 2015, Gintama 2017?
2. Forgetable OST, How did you forget them? Gintama's OST also played on some important scenes.
3. Plain character...unfortunately what makes Gintama interesting is unique characters. A sugar addicted samurai, a china girl, a glasses, a mayonaise addict, a sadist, a gorilla stalker, etc.
4. Not creative. Comedy anime would easily dead if it wasn't creative.
Have you really watched it all?
Sep 11, 2017 11:54 AM

Jul 2012
Karma-Senpai said:
Lifeguard_wzrd said:

Are you illiterate or just mentally challenged? Where exactly in my comment did you interpret me saying that you cannot say anything bad about Gintama? Nice try at pretending you even graduated from high school.

Looks like you're illiterate because I never said you can not say anything bad about Gintama. Your first sentence implies that because he hasn't watched up to episode 50, his criticism is invalid. If you didn't mean that you should have thought out your comment a little more instead of just vomiting up the stupid thoughts in your head.
Sep 11, 2017 12:06 PM

May 2015
ExTemplar said:
ExTemplar said:

Lol, the number one Gintama hater appears.

Sep 11, 2017 12:07 PM

May 2015
Lifeguard_wzrd said:
Karma-Senpai said:

Looks like you're illiterate because I never said you can not say anything bad about Gintama. Your first sentence implies that because he hasn't watched up to episode 50, his criticism is invalid. If you didn't mean that you should have thought out your comment a little more instead of just vomiting up the stupid thoughts in your head.

His criticism IS invalid though, but for a different reason. He's an elitist.

Sep 11, 2017 12:26 PM

Jul 2012
Kittens-kun said:
Lifeguard_wzrd said:

His criticism IS invalid though, but for a different reason. He's an elitist.

That's fine, I'm not auguring about criticism; just the stupid kid that writes things he doesn't realize he's saying.
Sep 11, 2017 8:31 PM

Jul 2015
Seiya said:
Karma-Senpai said:

Seiya said:
Umibozu Arc? Benizakura Arc?
Seiya said:
Karma-Senpai said:

Because Age=Maturity, guess Thatanimesnob is the the most mature guy in the youtube (before he left) anime community...oh wait

And Gintama does have a Plot since Episode 3, but only people who don't forget things easy knows it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgzwyZMwivA
Sup...
Sep 11, 2017 8:36 PM

Jul 2015
ExTemplar said:
ExTemplar said:
How is this outdated visuals again? https://track3.mixtape.moe/kvftbk.webm

Or this https://track3.mixtape.moe/orxbnx.webm

This? https://track3.mixtape.moe/ssckir.webm

? https://track3.mixtape.moe/myanhr.webm

Or what about this https://track3.mixtape.moe/zozgoc.webm

Or this https://track3.mixtape.moe/rdsnpc.webm

?????? https://track3.mixtape.moe/vouyzz.webm
Sup...
Sep 13, 2017 5:12 PM
Nov 2016
YESSSSSHHHHHHH you would not regret this
Sep 14, 2017 4:06 AM

May 2015
If you watched about the first 40-50 episodes and you like the comedy and its serious moments, I'd say you should keep watching it. It gets better, really. The last 20-30 episodes are more focused on the action side than the humour though.
Sep 14, 2017 8:51 AM
Jul 2018
When you will have watched about 50-60 episodes, you'll finally understand what gintama really is. And you will just keep watching.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

almozayaf - Jul 28, 2009

95 by SPG_Anima »»
Apr 21, 3:56 AM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Znote - Oct 3, 2009

107 by DaveyUwU »»
Apr 20, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 113 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Randomnamechange - Apr 13, 2009

113 by DigiCat »»
Apr 16, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zerachroma - Jun 23, 2008

88 by decco6226 »»
Apr 16, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 128 Discussion ( 1 2 )

llamaben - Aug 19, 2009

98 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 14, 10:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.