Forum Settings
Forums

What do u consider the best anime fight ever?

New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 8, 2017 3:25 PM

Apr 2017
Takamura Mamoru vs Bryan Hawk
or Ippo vs Sendo title fight was the best in my opinion

Sep 8, 2017 3:44 PM

Oct 2014
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xz5czs

Since it's embarrassing to have a romcom put to shame 98% of all shounen fights ever made I'll throw in one of the 2 percenters now (well, more like a top 10 or top 20 of all time):

Kenshin vs. Saito :)

Edit: Adding in Yuki vs. Asakura in Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya :)

Btw, forum search ftw because as you can imagine this has been done a bajillion times plus one now. Like this 10 pager:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1231083&show=0

More:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/search?q=fight&u=&uloc=1&loc=1
8oomerSep 10, 2017 6:08 PM
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

Sep 8, 2017 4:52 PM

Nov 2011
Aidoru-Ojisan said:
TripleSRank said:

You might want to spoiler some of that description.

But yeah, that's why I included it in the grouping with my other favorites. It and Netero vs. Meruem would be the top contenders for my #2 spot, I think. The concept of the fight as both sides being undefeatable along with the exceptional animation and cinematography makes it very memorable as well. I still definitely prefer Heartcatch Precure vs. Dune though. The cinematography isn't as standout, but the choreography is much better and the battle generally feels more intense imo; they're both exceptionally well animated.

Although the series overall isn't particularly well animated/reliant on action as an appeal, Fresh has some surprisingly solid action in its finale (nowhere near Heartcatch or Go! Princess levels though, much shorter and generally less impressive overall). This segment was the highlight, if my memory serves.

Ah forgive me, I'll be sure to put spoilers for certain segments in my original post (I suppose the gif and the detailed explanation of the fight) might be a bit insensitive of me for those who are watching or desire to watch Go! Princess (hopefully) as I remember many precure series have had very exciting fights, Futari wa has a few fights that were animated very well and the said can be said for future series but out of all of them Heartcatch and Go! Princess are much more impressive, if anything they are the two precure series I would recommend to newcomers, just the emotion and animation put behind the fights are very intriguing. I'm enjoying Kira Kira right now but sadly I don't feel as invested with the series as I was with Go! Princess :/

Heartcatch and Go! Princess are definitely the most actiony. To be fair, although they're roughly equivalent animation-wise and I prefer Heartcatch's fights for the darker/more intense tone of the series, from a technical standpoint I do think the par set by Go! Princess's action exceeds the par in Heartcatch.

In fact, in terms of visual interest I would actually set Go! Princess alongside One Punch Man and Mob Psycho 100 due to the sheer amount of creativity with the camera in the action scenes. I've never seen anything else like it. From showing the action from the monster's perspective, to playing with static perspective, to following a circle-strafing-oriented fight in an enclosed space, to dynamic aerial shots, to following the "eyes" of magical missiles (and more), there is so much that the show had to offer from an action cinematography perspective that even that by itself makes the show a potentially worthwhile watch imo.

As for Kirakira, every time I've asked a friend about it she's said it's been a pretty weak/silly season with people risking their lives for cake and such, so I haven't bothered with it so far. I'll probably give it a chance eventually, but it's a pretty low priority within the Precure franchise.

At the moment I'm lightly watching Suite Precure. It's a bit overly similar to Futari wa Precure so far imo, but I've been told that it starts out weak and gets better later on.
TripleSRankSep 8, 2017 5:14 PM
Sep 8, 2017 5:12 PM

Sep 2017
GuyWRunningShirt said:

Komugi vs Meruem in Gungi (Chimera Ant Arc)

I definitely agree with this.

Also Mugen vs. Sara both parts Samurai Champloo. My problem with most fight scenes is the only emotion they evoke is wow that was cool or look how big that explosion was. Without spoiling anything this fight scene contains incredible sadness. Not to mention excellent choreography and music.
"Next to the originator of a good sentence is the first quoter of it. I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Sep 8, 2017 5:21 PM

Apr 2017
Eren Jaeger vs Armored Titan in season 2 of AoT is by far my favourite.

The fight of Kurapika vs the big guy from the phantom troupe in HxH, can't remember the name of the guy.

Archer vs Saber in fate/zero. Actually most of fate/zero fights are pretty good, both between servants and masters.

BONUS ROUND:

Kazuma vs Darkness in Konosuba
Kazuma vs Kyouka in Konosuba
Kazuma vs Dullahan in Konosuba

nose1234Sep 8, 2017 5:25 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2017 5:30 PM

Apr 2017
Anytime Lelouch plays Chess in Code Geass

Even if helping people is easy,
asking for help is a hurdle of it's own.
Kaoru Gojou

Sep 8, 2017 5:33 PM
Jul 2018
4 anime fights I like are: Akame vs Esdeathl, Vegeta vs Goku, Alucard vs Anderson, and ryuko vs Satsuki.
Sep 8, 2017 5:42 PM
Jul 2018
There are lot but Takamura vs Hawk was Epic!No doubt! Because you will root for the good side to win soo badly! (ง'̀-'́)ง

Sep 8, 2017 5:43 PM

Jun 2016
Toss up between Yoshii vs. Ichise (Texhnolyze)

Or Joe Yabuki vs. Rikishi (Ashite no Joe)
Sep 8, 2017 6:40 PM

Sep 2017
My best fight is between Netero vs Meruem(Hunter×Hunter)
Even if Netero know he can't win,he challenge to Meruem. very cool and burning!

Do u know Anpanman the movie?
It's battle seane is very planed and made.
I don't think for kids.
Sep 8, 2017 6:51 PM

Mar 2012
Even if it's not the best fight ever but the latest Boruto episode give us this gem while short does not reduce it's awesomeness.

Hand down one of the best animated fight in Naruto.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Sep 8, 2017 8:09 PM

May 2016
The final Saber vs. Lancer bout in Fate/Zero (and its aftermath) is by far my favorite scene in anime, period, end of story.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Sep 8, 2017 10:47 PM

Mar 2017
Well, there are many contestants such as:

Obito vs Kakashi
Taiga vs Sumire
Junketsu no Maria's "The Duel"
Serei no Moribito
Log Horizon's founding of the Round Table
Hai to Gensou no Grimgar

For the heart, hype, and history, however, I must say Ash vs Paul (Pokemon Diamond and Pearl) takes it all. This was the culmination of the series' best rivalry and one of the franchise's longest standing playerbase conflict. This wasn't just a fight. This was a dialogue between two conflicting ideologies and personalities.
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Sep 9, 2017 3:06 AM

Feb 2016
I can't think of any fight but I really like many fights in Hunter x Hunter. I can't even choose between so many good fights.

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
Sep 9, 2017 3:24 AM

Feb 2016
Ai Mori vs Killnorton from Law of Ueki. That fight is so thought out and tactical, it's amazing to watch.

that and anything with alexander volg zangief in it.

Sep 9, 2017 8:31 AM

Sep 2016
Meruem vs Netero, but..

Alucard vs Alexander Anderson (Final Battle)
Sep 9, 2017 8:53 AM

Aug 2017
Totally the Issei vs Vali fight in High School DxD New.
I can find it undubbed, nor AMV (Don't like dubs nor AMV's), so the episode it happens is S2E12.
Sep 9, 2017 10:04 AM

Jun 2009
robotic_knight said:
Meruem vs Netero, but..

When i made this thread, i also had Meruem vs Netero in mind. Such an epic fight, and i still remember parts of it, while i watched Hunter x Hunter years ago. Which means it made a lasting impression on me, since i usually forget things quickly.

chicoplaya said:
I can find it undubbed, nor AMV (Don't like dubs nor AMV's), so the episode it happens is S2E12.

Strange choice, i watched highschool DxD to, but the only thing i still remember from it, is the "plot" :D

Sep 9, 2017 10:13 AM

Oct 2016
Saturday, 9 September 2017 and there is still no better fight than Naruto vs. Sasuke!

Sep 9, 2017 10:25 AM

Jul 2006
Masataka vs Souichiro from Tenjou Tenge
Revy vs Roberta from Black Lagoon
Shuuhei vs Findor for Bleach

I really like those fights. Masataki vs Souichiro was kind of just one sided but it was pretty cool.
Sep 9, 2017 10:32 AM

Jul 2013
There are too many epic fights. But if I have to name a few would be like:

Gaara vs Rock Lee (that was a classic fight)
Homura vs. Mami gunfight in the Rebellion Story (Madoka's Gun Fu Adventure)
Eva02 vs. Giant Dummys(This one has that heavy feel like a machine moving, it's marvelous)
Alphonse Elric w/ P. stone vs. Pride(FMAB, Alphonse made up his mind and used the Stone)
Shiki vs. Asagami Fujino (Kara no Kyoukai movie 3)
Simon vs. Anti Spiral fist fight (TTGL Movie 2, that part was full of feels)
Shichika vs. Enton Jyuu(Katanagatari awesome end)
Saber vs. Lancer (Fate/Zero first fight)

My favorite is still Goku vs. Vegeta in that classic animation.
Gotta update this soon™
Sep 9, 2017 10:42 AM
Have a nice day

Apr 2017
Gaara vs. Rock Lee as just mentioned a few minutes ago.

Any fight with Rock Lee in it for that matter.

Sep 9, 2017 10:58 AM
May 2017
Frieza vs Goku best anime fight of all time
Sep 9, 2017 11:03 AM

Jun 2016
idk if its the best but my favorite anime fight scene would have to be cell vs kid gohan when gohan was a bad ass before becoming saya man -__-
Sep 9, 2017 11:08 AM

Aug 2017
Grimstar said:
robotic_knight said:
Meruem vs Netero, but..

When i made this thread, i also had Meruem vs Netero in mind. Such an epic fight, and i still remember parts of it, while i watched Hunter x Hunter years ago. Which means it made a lasting impression on me, since i usually forget things quickly.

chicoplaya said:

Strange choice, i watched highschool DxD to, but the only thing i still remember from it, is the "plot" :D

What would you do if I told you that, even though at first I saw High School DxD for the ecchi. The other 4 times I rewatched it, was totally for the plot. I'm thinking about rewatching it for 6th time to make things clearer. I was too young last time (14). I just enjoyed the fights and how Issei grew stronger and understood even more its sacred gear.
Sep 9, 2017 11:23 AM

Nov 2016
Bell Cranel vs Minotaur
hiraishinxSep 9, 2017 12:07 PM
Sep 9, 2017 11:27 AM

Mar 2017

I would have liked NGE a bit more if Asuka was trippy like this from start.
John_2001Sep 9, 2017 11:39 AM
Sep 9, 2017 11:38 AM
Jul 2018
naruto vs sasuke final fight(naruto)
obito vs kakashi(naruto)
saitama vs boros(one punch man)
ichigo vs ulquiorra(bleach)
golden darkness vs all(to love ru)
esdeath vs akame(akame ga kill)
aqua vs crocodiles (konosuba)
kirito and asuna vs the first floor boss(sword art online)

everyone is listing
might as well i do it too
Sep 9, 2017 11:58 AM

Jan 2014
I'd say...

Meruem vs Netero (Hunter x Hunter)
Odasaku vs Gide (Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season, flashback)
Yuuji vs Clone (Grisaia no Rakuen)
And I have high hopes in the future fights coming in Quan Zhi Gao Shou

Reinhard von Lohengramm : "Constellations of stars that I am seeing for the first time... you are all only allowed to exist as objects for my conquest and rule. Just wait. "

Yang Wen-Li : Neither terrorism nor occultism have ever impacted history in any constructive way.

Ernst von Eisenach : Checkmate.
Sep 9, 2017 12:00 PM
Mar 2017
kissshot acerolaorion heartunderblade vs araragi
Sep 9, 2017 12:01 PM

Mar 2017
Gintoki vs Takasugi
Nanashi vs Luo Lang
Sep 9, 2017 12:03 PM

Mar 2010
Homura Akemi vs Mami Tomoe in Madoka: Rebellion was a masterpiece. The best gunfight not just in anime, but in any media. And we need to remember how many of sick ones hollywood movies have. Everything from choreography through motivation ending at visuals and audio was sick. It has everything, dynamic trades blow for blow (or rather bullet for bullet) and slower, emotional fragment at the end. And these plottwists, all of that condensed to one 6-minute fight.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2017 2:18 PM

Nov 2011
Orzi said:
Homura Akemi vs Mami Tomoe in Madoka: Rebellion was a masterpiece. The best gunfight not just in anime, but in any media. And we need to remember how many of sick ones hollywood movies have. Everything from choreography through motivation ending at visuals and audio was sick. It has everything, dynamic trades blow for blow (or rather bullet for bullet) and slower, emotional fragment at the end. And these plottwists, all of that condensed to one 6-minute fight.

Bullet time is overdone at this point. It might be a good example in the medium, but the best ever? In anything? That definitely feels like an exaggeration. It was okay.

Within the medium I preferred Cowboy Bebop's gunfights, and if we're bringing stuff beyond the medium into it I'd like to see more stuff like Open Range's finale gunfight.
Sep 9, 2017 4:15 PM

Jul 2009
For me that just pops up immediately into my head are the following two:

Takamura vs Eagle from Hajime no Ippo: That one just captured the essence of how true sportsmanship is about. Furthermore, the fact that they both fought an intense fight to the very end and had so much respect for each other afterawards was just exciting and good to watch.

Sakura and Chiyo vs Sasori from Naruto Shippuuden: After seeing Sakura being a cry baby in Naruto this fight was just so satisfying to watch. She really had her moment to shine and the whole fight was absolutely thrilling. I was out of my side in all the episode the fight took place because I was so afraid that Sakura might die.
Sep 9, 2017 5:27 PM

Jul 2009
Gohan vs. Cell is still a top for me.

Also almost all of the fights in the Soul Society arc in Bleach.
Sep 9, 2017 6:18 PM

Feb 2014
Orzi said:

^ This.

Also:
Kakashi vs Obito
Sword of the stranger last fight
Gintoki vs Takasugi
Saber vs Lancer
Sep 9, 2017 8:48 PM

Sep 2012
Meruem vs Netero from Hunter x Hunter 2011 for me hands down.
Sep 9, 2017 10:44 PM
Aug 2017
The best fight in anime is obviously between Kira and L . No other fight come even close to it .
Sep 10, 2017 3:19 AM

Jun 2009
CoolNameOmoenai said:
The best fight in anime is obviously between Kira and L . No other fight come even close to it .

Depends what u call a "fight", their mental battle is intense and epic, and i havent seen an anime that comes anywhere close to their fight.
I wouldnt call it the best fight ever, especially if u compare it to the favorites of this thread so far, like:
- Sword of a stranger, last fight
- Meruem vs Netero
- Naruto vs Sasuke
Sep 10, 2017 3:23 AM
Aug 2017
Grimstar said:
CoolNameOmoenai said:

Depends what u call a "fight", their mental battle is intense and epic, and i havent seen an anime that comes anywhere close to their fight.
I wouldnt call it the best fight ever, especially if u compare it to the favorites of this thread so far, like:
- Sword of a stranger, last fight
- Meruem vs Netero
- Naruto vs Sasuke

You are right I guess . Anyway , I was just giving my personal opinion .
Sep 10, 2017 7:17 AM

Jun 2016
Definitely the fight between Levi and Female Titan. Gaaaaaah! It still gives me goosebumps even though I've watched that scene so many times.

DOPE! DOPE! DOPE! DOPE!

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 10, 2017 7:25 AM

Mar 2016
My Hero Academia Season 2 Episode 10. Midoriya vs Todoroki.
Sep 10, 2017 7:59 AM
Sep 2017
Grimstar said:
I've been looking up youtube videos on anime fights, but i would like to see examples of what u call an epic fight. This could be a fight that lasts 10s or even 30 episodes (like Dragonball / One Piece).

I started watching anime cause of the big 3. Bleach overall wasnt the best anime out there, but the fights were top notch in my opinion. I can still remember parts of some fights, this might be cause of nostalgia, but i consider alot of fights in Bleach epic. For me the fight i just cant forget was Ichigo vs Ulquiorra. Especially near the end, when he became OP like Gon vs Pitou in Hunter x Hunter.

There are alot of good fights in anime, but if i had to pick one, this would be it.
Yeah that fight was epic! It reminds me of the fight with ichigo and Biakuya when ichigo turned hollow and has gone berserk.
Sep 10, 2017 8:37 AM
Jan 2017
Final Fantasy XV kingsclaiven climax was amazing. What otherwise would be a terrible movie, had a chatoic fights with telepotting armored statue, kaiju, airships, and two people fighting in the destruction. Felt epic and was epic.
Sep 10, 2017 8:41 AM
May 2017
Spike vs Vincent in the Eiffel Tower, at the end of Cowboy Bebop: the Movie.
Sep 10, 2017 8:47 AM

Apr 2014
Maybe not the best, but definitely the most memorable, Issei vs Vali from Highschool DxD, it has the best and most believable power-up in the world.
Sep 10, 2017 8:56 AM
Jul 2016
My favourite fight is Naruto VS Pain.

Truely a majestic fight, whit wathever the fuck u want from a fight, from strategy, to good motivations, for both characters, grey morality, Hinata interfering in the fight , the impact of the death of a Certain character, a new powerup, then a chaotic part of the fight, many epic tehniques , and it basicly acomplished Naruto's goal(aside from the title itself), and also a conclusion, that while i must say it was dissapointing and it even ruined the arc for some, IMO it was ok since, i saw it as more of a reward for Naruto....so yeah .
Sep 10, 2017 9:00 AM

Aug 2014
Gon vs Hisoka :

some of my favs are also :
Araragi vs Kanbaru (more like a beatdown but whatever lol)
Mob vs Koyama
Homura vs Mami
Chrollo vs Silva and Zeno (2011)
Araragi vs Kiss-Shot
Shiki vs Souren (round 2)
Simon vs The Anti-Spiral (Lagann-hen movie)
Kiritsugu vs Kirei
Shiki vs Fujino
Netero vs Meruem
Kurapika vs Uvogin
Seras vs Zorin

Not really a big fan of fights that span multiple episodes but these are the few exceptions :
Luffy vs Rob Lucci
Rock Lee vs Gaara
Naruto vs Sasuke (part one)
KashKetchumSep 10, 2017 10:04 AM
Sep 10, 2017 9:48 AM

Dec 2016
• Kiss-shot Acerola-Orion Heart-Under-Blade vs Koyomi Araragi (Kizumonogatari III)
• Gintoki vs Takasugi (Gintama°)
The first is the most epic/surrealistic fight in the anime.
The second is the most epic/"realistic" fight in the anime.
Sep 10, 2017 9:51 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
probably would choose the fights in Keijo lol
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

128 by -YaoiBoy- »»
8 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts.

Pinoffin - 50 minutes ago

14 by Catalano »»
10 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

213 by Catalano »»
10 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - 5 hours ago

28 by -Ryu »»
11 minutes ago

» Favorite characters you think are Sadist, Masochist, or Switch

IpreferEcchi - 1 hour ago

2 by IpreferEcchi »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.