Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 9, 2017 1:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This test is actually pretty awesome now that I've really gotten into it. They even give the other minor characters some chance to shine inclduing Fumikage.

Also glad to see Momo and Todoroki working together.

Eraser Head really is awesome. (one of my favorite teachers in this show). The way he anticipates Todoroki's move is almost flawless. Momo showed a lot of personality this episode including insecurity about what to do. I like how Todoroki was able to restore confidence back to her.
Sep 9, 2017 1:52 AM

Jan 2012
As the episode title implies this week we're focusing most prominently on Momo Yaoyorozu and her struggle with Todoroki against Aizawa-sensei. First however we've got the conclusion of Tsuyu and Tokoyami vs. Ectoplasm. And I'm happy to say they showed some nice teamwork. Tsuyu's tongue especially. :D And managed to pass! Though dark shadow certainly helped...stretchy powers for the win! :D Young Iida was also successful in working together with Ojiro. And then onto our main focus: Momo's breakout party. It was pretty ingenious of Aizawa to pair her, timid as she was, with the assertive Todoroki. And she certainly made the most of her chance to shine. Managing to overcome her lack of confidence in order to triumph. Showing excellent planning skills and use of her quirk under pressure. Not to mention....those assets! :D

Well done girl! Nice as it was however I'm almost tempted to say that end with Aoyama and Uraraka facing Thirteen stole the show. As he suspects she...likes Deku? Oh how it must be so! Deku x Uraraka 4 ever!!! :D :D :D :D :D
animefan8800Sep 9, 2017 3:04 AM
Sep 9, 2017 2:50 AM

Mar 2010
yes yes , bakugou is a sugoi-dessu character. Can't wait to see 'that arc' , but I'd guess that will be in another season.
yaoyorozu and tadoroki feels unusually romantic in this episode... i hope its not canon though

and todoroki-shounen too. 3 more episodes before yet another long wait :(
Sebastian333Sep 9, 2017 9:07 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2017 3:07 AM

Dec 2013
Tokoyami and Asui were cool fighting together. Ectoplasm is actually pretty op with his quirk.

Loved how Iida sent Ojiro flying with his quirk.

Todoroki and Momo ship sets sail in this episode! She really doesn't look 15 lol

Based Aoyama with the cliffhanger ending.

Todoroki is more dense than I realised...
Sep 9, 2017 3:19 AM

Dec 2012
Awesome episode. Asui & Tokoyami make a great team. Asui is great at support.
Dark Shadow is the best.

Todoroki & Yaoyorozu vs Aizawa was great. Glad she got her confidence back. That was a great plan.

Looking forward to the rest of the matches.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Sep 9, 2017 3:22 AM

Aug 2013
Good episode.

Asui and Tokoyami worked well together. Momo shined in this episode and it looks like she managed to get her confidence back. Aizawa is a softie.

That ending with Aoyama. He realised that Uraraka likes Deku.

Sep 9, 2017 3:45 AM

May 2017
This Arc should be called 'My Hero Ships Start Sailing'
Sep 9, 2017 3:47 AM

Sep 2008
It took a while but I think I'm finally starting to like Todoroki as a character.

Also this:

5layerSep 9, 2017 3:56 AM
Sep 9, 2017 3:51 AM

Feb 2013
Yaoyorozu's plan was great.
Sep 9, 2017 3:59 AM

Jan 2009
Yaoyorozu shows why she is best girl, love it

Froppy and Tokoyomi are awesome combination too are they actually a relationSHIP? lol

and then that laser guy shows to Uraraka that she likes Deku lol

too much love shipping in this episode
Sep 9, 2017 4:01 AM

May 2017
Momo Yaoyorozu deserves a hug or ten.
Sep 9, 2017 4:03 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was a fantastic episode, loved it.

Tokoyami/Asui had great teamwork which helped them to pass the test. Really Asui won the test for them because she doesn't really have a noticeable weakness and helped Tokoyami through his weakness.

Iida/Ojiro was surprisingly awesome in that one minute or so we saw, very spectacular move they pulled, it looked great!

Yaoyorozu struggling with herself was sad to see, really lost her confidence all along. All she needed was someone giving her support, Aizawa told Todoroki to get a clue basically and he did!

And the plan was supreme, even though Yaoyorozu made a mistake, the plan was still good enough for Aizawa to back off, shows how good of a hero she can be.

Aoyama asked the question OH SHIT XD
Sep 9, 2017 4:11 AM

Jun 2014
It was great to see Yaoyorozu gain more confidence in her abilities, and she even came up with a smart plan to help her and Todoroki pass the test. She's clearly more than capable of being a good hero, she just needs to keep her confidence high.

Tokoyami and Asui also got some time to shine against Ectoplasm (I swear that guy looks exactly like a villain lol), and we got a little bit of action from Iida and Ojiro as well.

That post-credit scene though, not only does Aoyama come through with his weird comedy, but he drops a bomb on Uraraka out of nowhere, asking if she likes Deku lol. You can't just do that bro.

Overall, I really like what they're doing with the adaptation of this arc, showing each individual student vs. teacher test instead of having all of them happen simultaneously and only focusing on the ones that matter. Even if we only get to see the last part, like with Iida's, it's nice to see other characters get the spotlight for a bit. Looking forward to seeing the other students next episode.
thebrentinator24Sep 9, 2017 4:29 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 9, 2017 4:23 AM

Sep 2014
The ship has saaaaaAAAAAAAAAAIIIILEED!
Sep 9, 2017 4:33 AM

Jun 2010
I don't ship them or anything but they made really good team. Todoroki needs to listen to his teammates more, gladly he is understanding person so in the end he did the right thing. I love me some teamwork <3

Can we talk about yaomomo? How perfect she is? How adorable was those Matryoshka dolls? She is doing her best. When she gets more confidence over her quick..... can't wait for those days. I love her <3
Sep 9, 2017 4:48 AM

Jul 2015
Momo is too precious for this world.

Great episode, I really like seeing the students using cool strategies to overcome their challenges.
Sep 9, 2017 5:12 AM

Jan 2015
So the question is... How can "after Karaoke", Ectoplasm can produce more clone than he usually does at once?
Definitely epic. Aizawa with his Shinobi-style. The Agility, the weapon. Then MomoYao have regain her confident and thanks to that she can speak up her plan to Todoroki and pass the test.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 9, 2017 5:20 AM
Apr 2016
I refuse to believe that Aoyama existed for this exact moment only! Shine bright my boy!
Re:formed
Sep 9, 2017 5:45 AM

Jun 2017
This episode was just alright, not as good as the rest of the season in my opinion. There was too much exposition of what was happening.

Still really enjoy this show, however.
Sep 9, 2017 5:47 AM

Jun 2017
Hmm, kinda felt like a filler episode. Still enjoyable, but It feels lke very little happened in the episode. Loved the DBZ joke though xD
Sep 9, 2017 6:08 AM

Feb 2014
Great teamwork from all of the teams in this episode. =)

Asui and Tokoyami make an excellent pair as they had a tough challenge against Ectoplasm. Thanks to her quick thinking with the cuffs, Tokoyami used Dark Shadow effectively and caught Ectoplasm with the cuffs. Nicely done. =)

Same goes for Iida and Ojiro as well, where they couldn't win, but used their strategy to get Ojiro through the escape gate successfully.

Todoroki and Momo was my favourite though. Momo was having confidence issues, but thanks to Todoroki's kind understanding approach, Momo and Todoroki made up a plan where she replicated Aizawa's bandages, in a way that made me laugh as Todoroki looked at Momo while she was creating the bandages with her chest wide open.

Still, despite Momo missing the catapult handle on her first attempt, the second attempt worked with flinging the bandages into the air and using Todorki's heat to heat it up and they successfully caught Aizawa. She started to tear up out of joy, but Todoroki showed his dense side of him and thought she was sick. XD

The most surprising moment was Uraraka And Aoyama's scene, where they were struggling against Thirteen. Aoyama can't catch a break, the poor sod, but he has a keen eye about romance though. He correctly guessed that Uraraka was thinking about Midoriya during the test and asked if she "liked" him. Now I imagine Uraraka blushing around Midoriya while recalling Aoyama's words from now on! =D
Sep 9, 2017 6:09 AM

Mar 2015
Aoyama best wingman :')
Sep 9, 2017 6:20 AM

Dec 2014
Glorious episode, just as I expected. :D

Tsuyu and Tokoyami with some great teamwork to get through ectoplasm, that was really cool to watch. Loved how Tsuyu played the support role to help Tokoyami who's more powerful with a slight weakness.

Iida and Ojiro with the flying combination kick was epic. xD

Momo and Todoroki against Aizawa was definitely the main focus of the episode and it was glorious. Loved how Aizawa implicitly told Todoroki to understand that Momo wanted to say something and the follow up with both of them executing Momo's plan was great.
That reveal that Todoroki was the 2nd vote for Momo during the election. :)
Momo tearing up after successfully passing made me pretty emotional. She deserves a pat on the back. <3

Aoyama asking the real questions. XDD

Looking forward to the next set of exams.
Plus Ultra!

Sep 9, 2017 6:39 AM
Sep 2014
Good episode, the Tokoyami/Asui and Iida/Ojiro combinations were odd but fun. My favorite part of the episode was the Todoroki/Yaoyorozu vs Aizawa exam, the anime's fleshing out of Yaoyorozu's shortcomings really made the comeback and teamwork at the end of the episode all the more fun to watch. The interactions were on point this episode, Todoroki is so dense...

How shrewd they cut off the episode right before Uraraka responded Aoyama's questions, next week can't come soon enough.
Sep 9, 2017 6:41 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
I'm really liking the format they're using in the anime. In the manga, the matches all happened at the same time, but in here, they're doing it one-by-one. Tsuyu and Tokoyami were pretty good and their quirks are compatible with one another. Iida and Ojiro were great though and Iida's technique was awesome to watch. Todoroki and Yaoyorozu were great and Yaoyorozu finally got her confidence back. Todoroki being so dense is hilarious though. Also, Uraraka and Aoyama was hilarious lol. I don't think I've ever seen Uraraka be this irritated with someone. Too bad they didn't show the rest of the fight though... which they could have because there was like 20 seconds left :/

Next episode will probably the remaining four teams and will start Midoriya and Bakugou vs. All Might, though we won't see the entirety of that fight until episode 24.

5/5
Sep 9, 2017 6:49 AM

Jun 2016
My baby Tsuyu slaying and passed the exam with Tokoyami. Gaaah. So proud of them two. But seriously I've never Tsuyu panicking. She's always calm and she's always smiling. Hihi. And did she just swallow that handcuffs? Holy shit! Hahaha. Love my baby so much! <3

Ojiro on Iida's back. Hahaha. I'm dyiiiing. They passed the exam, too. Yaaay! :D

Fuck. Momo and Todoroki really look so good together. I FUCKING SHIP IT. WAAAAH! <3 Glad Momo finally regained her confidence, and Todoroki believes in you, babe. Kyaaaaaaaa! I SHIP IT! I FUCKING SHIP IT!

I'm really so proud of everyone this episode. Can't wait for the rest of Class A babies.

Holy shit. Uraraka, stop lying to yourself, we know you like Deku. Hihihihihi. My Deku x Uraraka ship is gonna sail soon. Waaaaaah!

Love love love this episode so much! <3 Ganbatte, minna! :)

G_Spark233 said:
Todoroki is more dense than I realised...

That denseness of him makes him more adorable really. Haha. What a baby! I wanna hug him. Waaah.

Hahahaha. I lost it at this scene. :D

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 9, 2017 6:52 AM

Dec 2016
What a great episode, especially the third fight! And that after credits scene, c'mon Uraraka just admit you like the guy!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 9, 2017 7:04 AM

Nov 2016
Such a great display of teamwork in this episode.

Asui and Tokoyami together were already nice. Todoroki and Yaoyorozu stole the show, tho, especially Momo. I could really relate with her struggle since I've also have this kind of problem too at times.

The fight was pretty epic and it had some great character development.

5/5

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 9, 2017 7:06 AM

Dec 2015
YEAH! two best girls in one episode! tho girls in Bnha are all best girls! haha!

Nice teamwork from tsuyu and tokoyami! 2 animal like quirks working together, a bit weird partnership but they did a really good job! tsuyu becoming the support and dark shadow doing his thing!

I just love Aizawa as a teacher! he's looking out for his students wholeheartedly, I love his concern about Momo lacking confidence and comparing herself to Todoroki, and the way he directly pointed out that Todo should have considered for Momo's plans as well. He really wanted to help her out but that's not the job he must do in this activity however at the end of it all He's just a big softie. :) Def one of the best teachers in UA.

Am proud of Momo for gaining her confidence! matryoshka dolls popping out of her body was so adorable!

post credit scene Aoyama dropping the deku bomb at Ochako! Nicely done Aoyama! HAHA!
next episode the remaining fights but mostly highlights Mineta and sero vs Midnight!

QueenSapphireSep 9, 2017 7:11 AM
Sep 9, 2017 7:10 AM

Apr 2015
Tokoyami and Asui are such a good teammates.

Todoroki and Momo ship sets sail hahaha.

4/5
Sep 9, 2017 7:10 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Lelouch0202 said:
Glorious episode, just as I expected. :D

Tsuyu and Tokoyami with some great teamwork to get through ectoplasm, that was really cool to watch. Loved how Tsuyu played the support role to help Tokoyami who's more powerful with a slight weakness.

Iida and Ojiro with the flying combination kick was epic. xD

Momo and Todoroki against Aizawa was definitely the main focus of the episode and it was glorious. Loved how Aizawa implicitly told Todoroki to understand that Momo wanted to say something and the follow up with both of them executing Momo's plan was great.
That reveal that Todoroki was the 2nd vote for Momo during the election. :)
Momo tearing up after successfully passing made me pretty emotional. She deserves a pat on the back. <3

Aoyama asking the real questions. XDD

Looking forward to the next set of exams.
Plus Ultra!

All of this times 1000 for me....They did my OTP justice :'')
Sep 9, 2017 7:45 AM
Nov 2016
So, Momo chan is back to being confident.

Aizawa sensei is pretty awesome to be honest. Froppy-chan is really strong and intelligent now that I think about it.

Next episode we'll get a lot of other fights but I am guessing they'll save Izuku and bakugo vs All Might for the last 2 episodes.
Sep 9, 2017 7:54 AM

Jun 2015
Ectoplasm is pretty cool. Tokoyami and Asui did really well defeating him. Loved how Ojiro was sent flying with Iida's quirk. Momo shined brightly in this episode. I'm glad she got back her confidence. Todoroki didn't give her time to say her plan. She came up with a great plan to beat Aizawa. He's such a softie. Aoyama dropping that bomb on Uraraka was funny.
Sep 9, 2017 7:55 AM

Feb 2016
The ship is happening!!!

Sep 9, 2017 7:57 AM

Feb 2016
TheFreycook said:
What a great episode, especially the third fight! And that after credits scene, c'mon Uraraka just admit you like the guy!

It's only a matter of time.
Sep 9, 2017 8:14 AM

Jun 2016
TEST ARK !!!!!

it test everything.... !!!!!!!!!!

yeah can't wait round 10....
Sep 9, 2017 8:23 AM
Jul 2018
I would welcome Todoroki and Yaoyorozu team up anytime. Don't really see them as a ship now tho, but they were certainly great in this episode.
Sep 9, 2017 9:03 AM
Dec 2015
Did they know that everyone was going to ship todoroki and momo so they gave us fanservice or is this coincidence
Sep 9, 2017 9:11 AM

Mar 2016
All the tests were awesome!

I loved Momos plan. I'm sad that I'm gonna in in three more episodes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2017 9:12 AM
Dec 2012
Momo running while dolls pop out of her body ・ω・
Lmao my boy Aoyama asking the right questions at the end.
Sep 9, 2017 9:19 AM

Dec 2016
Haha "you like him" best moment of the episode
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Sep 9, 2017 9:35 AM
Jun 2017
the episode of awesomeness
Sep 9, 2017 9:45 AM
Jun 2017
Episode 22: Shippings: rising
Sep 9, 2017 10:12 AM

Aug 2015
They just had to add the the question in a post-credits scene, didn't they?
Sep 9, 2017 10:24 AM

Dec 2015
LOVE LOVE LOVE

THAT URARAKA SCENE THO
Sep 9, 2017 10:59 AM

Jan 2014
Literally everyone passed lol.. I feel bad for the guys that failed last episode.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Sep 9, 2017 11:16 AM
Jul 2018
i just want to give momo a hug i love her so much
Sep 9, 2017 11:41 AM

Jul 2014
Aoyama best guy confirmed
Sep 9, 2017 11:44 AM
Jul 2017
This episode was awesome. Todoroki and Yaoyorozu are my favorite characters in MHA. They both have serious potential. Also, Fumikage and Asui did pretty good. Fumikage is awesome too. Anyways, can't wait for the next episode. Also I don't really ship characters in anime but.......

ShoutoXMomo lets hope it happen
Ben0098Sep 9, 2017 1:30 PM
Sep 9, 2017 12:43 PM

May 2015
Meh worst episode so far imo. Always hated shounen romance and it seems it's starting to sneak in now in BnHA.
Can't wait for the All Might fight, seems like that's another episode away, though. I was told these last few episodes were going to be incredible so I'm feeling slightly underwhelmed lol.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2017

238 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 18, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

194 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 18, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2017

185 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 16, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2017

187 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 16, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2017

234 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 14, 6:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.