Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime 'Garo: Vanishing Line' Additional Cast Members Announced

New
Sep 7, 2017 10:13 PM

Nov 2007
The official website for the previously announced Vanishing Line original anime has announced that it will be a new anime series of the Garo franchise, with its title officially changed to Garo: Vanishing Line. Additional cast members have also announced with a new preview, as well as theme song information. Hironobu Kageyama will reprise his role as Zaruba from the previous Garo titles. The anime will air on Saturdays at 1:23 a.m. starting October 7 via TV Tokyo and more.

Cast
Knight: Daisuke Namikawa (Arslan Senki (TV))
Queen: Romi Park (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Bishop: Kenyuu Horiuchi (Garo: Honoo no Kokuin)
Waitress Chiaki: Chiaki Takahashi (The iDOLM@STER)
Fei Long: Takaya Hashi (Hajime no Ippo)
Mei Fang: Ayahi Takagaki (Senki Zesshou Symphogear)
Miia: Yuuka Misaki

Opening Theme Song: "EMG" by JAM Project
Ending Theme Song: "Sofia" by Masami Okui

PV

Source: animate Times
VindstotSep 8, 2017 11:37 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 7, 2017 10:15 PM

Jan 2009
its a Garo anime all along lol i feel cheated there but still gonna watch it
Sep 7, 2017 10:18 PM
Jul 2018
So this new series is an entry of the Garo Franchise? Alrighty then. I do remember that there was more Garo stuff coming so, as I will say as my last post regarding on Garo franchise: Please be at least not as bad or worse than Guren no Tsuki.

With that being said, Jam Project being here again is fucking neat then. Love them as they were a bit of nostalgia for my end.
Sep 7, 2017 10:27 PM

Sep 2011
Fuck yes I am so prepared to wash out the foul taste of crimson moon with a large amount of the staff of the original coming back, The original garo anime is one of the single most underrated anime out there.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 7, 2017 10:35 PM

Jun 2014
This show looks pretty cool and I feel like it has the potential to be awesome, and I definitely didn't expect it to be another addition to the Garo franchise. That makes for a pleasant surprise. Please please PLEASE be better than Guren no Tsuki (but honestly that shouldn't be too difficult).
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 7, 2017 10:45 PM
Jan 2016
So it's another GARO anime. Kind of expecting that. Let's see if it's better than the previous two series. The cinematography is pretty stylistic & overall it reminds me of Karas.

thebrentinator24 said:
Please please PLEASE be better than Guren no Tsuki (but honestly that shouldn't be too difficult).

And be better than the first Garo anime too.
Sep 7, 2017 10:55 PM
Jul 2018
TheServant said:
So it's another GARO anime. Kind of expecting that. Let's see if it's better than the previous two series. The cinematography is pretty stylistic & overall it reminds me of Karas.

thebrentinator24 said:
Please please PLEASE be better than Guren no Tsuki (but honestly that shouldn't be too difficult).

The first one was actually pretty good imo though. I just want it to be at least as good as the original, or better. If its possible to top it off really.
Sep 7, 2017 11:01 PM

Jul 2007
Wait...WHAAAAAT?

This is GARO ????????????????????

WHAT.

Kind of was hoping for a completely original work, but I guess we are getting cyberpunk scifi garo so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
TheServant said:

That's impossible because that one was perfect.
Sep 7, 2017 11:07 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Fai said:
Wait...WHAAAAAT?

WHAT.

Kind of was hoping for a completely original work, but I guess we are getting cyberpunk scifi garo so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
TheServant said:

First time in a while where I'm agreeing wholeheartedly with you
Sep 7, 2017 11:48 PM
Jul 2018
Tokoya said:
Fai said:
Wait...WHAAAAAT?

WHAT.

First time in a while where I'm agreeing wholeheartedly with you

Lol funny enough same.

But the first one was pretty good and it was one of the most underrated shows from Mappa so.
Sep 7, 2017 11:56 PM
Jan 2016
Wasshio said:
The first one was actually pretty good imo though. I just want it to be at least as good as the original, or better. If its possible to top it off really.

Some of the episodes were good, but some were weak. It's pretty inconsistent honestly, & it's especially noticeable since some of the episodes were episodic. A wasted potential since I really liked the overall concept & medieval theme.

Fai said:

Then it'd be a nice surprise for you if this one ended up being better than the first one.
Sep 7, 2017 11:58 PM
Jul 2018
TheServant said:
Wasshio said:

Some of the episodes were good, but some were weak. It's pretty inconsistent honestly, & it's especially noticeable since some of the episodes were episodic. A wasted potential since I really liked the overall concept & medieval theme.

Fai said:

Then it'd be a nice surprise for you if this one ended up being better than the first one.

Memory might be a bit hazy since I watched it while it was airing, but I think the problem was this for me: A pretty weak first half, though the second half was pretty solid. It wasn't bad really, it was kind of interesting but it took a bit to get into it for me. Though a reason why I even liked it initially was the overall story but eh... thought it was pretty good for what it was doing from what I remember. Not perfect, but it was good enough to where I enjoyed it in the end.
Sep 8, 2017 12:15 AM
Jan 2016
Wasshio said:
Memory might be a bit hazy since I watched it while it was airing, but I think the problem was this for me: A pretty weak first half, though the second half was pretty solid. It wasn't bad really, it was kind of interesting but it took a bit to get into it for me. Though a reason why I even liked it initially was the overall story but eh... thought it was pretty good for what it was doing from what I remember. Not perfect, but it was good enough to where I enjoyed it in the end.

I was watching it when it's airing too, but I can remember most of it because how disappointed I was with how it turned out.
Probably because most of the 2nd half were focused on the main plot, unlike the 1st half that mostly episodic. I'm not saying that all the episodic episodes were bad, but most of them were definitely weak. And the 1st Garo was definitely not a bad watch. Could've been better though.
Sep 8, 2017 1:10 AM

Feb 2014
Visual aesthetics of MAPPA shows are always fantastic and from the PV this is no different. Liked the first Garo a lot but the second one was an obvious throwaway show with no budget. Interesting this is a modern setting.
Sep 8, 2017 1:24 AM

Jul 2014
Considering how the last Garo went, I won't jump into this straight away, but I may start watching it depending upon the general reception of the early episodes. At the very least, it can't possibly be worse than the last Garo was.
Sep 8, 2017 1:34 AM

Nov 2014
Kek its GARO all along.
Sep 8, 2017 3:06 AM

Apr 2017
Garo?...

So? this is a Spin-off.

> It's MAPPA BTW xD

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Sep 8, 2017 4:02 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
You thought i was a brand new original anime but it was me, GARO !
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 8, 2017 4:48 AM
Oct 2012
Could I watch this without watching the previous installments? This one looks better than the first two seasons combined.
Sep 8, 2017 4:50 AM
Jul 2018
danuchiha99 said:
Could I watch this without watching the previous installments? This one looks better than the first two seasons combined.

As far as I'm concerned: No you don't.

Even Garo: Guren no Tsuki wasn't necessary to watch the first one to get into this one. So, unless they bring something completely relevant to the original story (although depend on execution), if they do bring it up then you might as well watch it. But this seems more of its own entity.
Sep 8, 2017 7:22 AM

Sep 2011
Atavistic said:
Considering how the last Garo went, I won't jump into this straight away, but I may start watching it depending upon the general reception of the early episodes. At the very least, it can't possibly be worse than the last Garo was.
keep in mind that 2nd garo sucked cause completly different staff as everyone went to work on the excellent movie for the original garo. While not entirely the same staff for vanishing line a vast majority of them are people who worked on the first one, its the director's first directoral role but hes also the lead animator for the garo movie and first series so hes experiences.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 9, 2017 3:47 AM
Jul 2012
> fucking garo shit from afrosamurai creator

just kill me ffs
Sep 9, 2017 6:44 AM

Apr 2014
Shit. Am I the only who's still waiting for the first season (Honno no Kokuin) to have a sequel? (to Divine Flame)
The recent one was shit af. Maybe this one would be even greater garbage than Guren no Tsuki.
Haters always gonna hate.
Sep 9, 2017 9:59 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
postman_ said:

just kill me ffs

the afro samurai creator is only credited has the original character designer, nothing else.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 9, 2017 3:40 PM
Jul 2018
DatRandomDude said:
postman_ said:

just kill me ffs

the afro samurai creator is only credited has the original character designer, nothing else.

^ This

He's only credited as a character designer. But nothing else.
Rayzer said:
Shit. Am I the only who's still waiting for the first season (Honno no Kokuin) to have a sequel? (to Divine Flame)
The recent one was shit af. Maybe this one would be even greater garbage than Guren no Tsuki.

I wish Konno no Kokuin did got a sequel as well but eh, one can dream.

Honestly this doesn't even look bad. Guren no Tsuki has a big issue not only story wise but visually was appalling to look at. So I think this is fine enough so.
Sep 9, 2017 11:12 PM

Jul 2014
Its a GARO series!!!?! So in other words, this can turn either a good or a disasterous series. Kinda dissapointed its not gonna be a total original show, but if it's anything like the first season, then count me in. The show is set in modern times, so it would probably be something like the tv series, I think

Oct 5, 2017 10:34 PM

Nov 2007
First ep. guest cast
Ricardo, the fortune teller: Yuki Kaji
https://twitter.com/anime_garo/status/916078361000083456

Third ep. guest cast
Nero, the new gang: Yoshitsugu Matsuoka
https://twitter.com/anime_garo/status/921225580569169921

Sixth ep. guest cast
Night: Daisuke Namikawa
Feilong: Takaya Hashi
Meifang: Ayahi Takagaki
https://twitter.com/anime_garo/status/928787187998453760

Ninth ep. guest cast
Emma Gusman: Romi Park
Helman Luise: Kenyuu Horiuchi
https://twitter.com/anime_garo/status/936592802531622912

OP2: "HOWLING SWORD" by Shuhei Kita
ED2: "Promise" by Chihiro Yonekura
https://ameblo.jp/garo-project/entry-12332856385.html
tsubasaloverDec 2, 2017 1:46 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

More topics from this board

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
45 minutes ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Today

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
3 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 7 hours ago

3 by eli_shmeli »»
6 hours ago

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - Today

3 by JehadKun »»
11 hours ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by EcchiGodMamster »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.