Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kakegurui - Compulsive Gambler -
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 2, 2017 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dang, they really pushed the idol theme far this episode. The competition was pretty much a battle with idols (supported mostly by dudes). Jabami does really well and scored 98 in her first round. I'm impressed.

As with most games, there's some luck involved with the rolling. Tbh, I think Jabami gained a lot of fans just from this episode. Yumemite's rage is hilarious. Never underestimate Jabami. Encore, encore! That dual performance at the end lol..
Sep 2, 2017 6:42 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
It was a normal episode but Yumeko had a lot of luck. The battle was infront of all Yumemite's fans, the end was as expected a new fight against other council member. That was the reason why Yumeko remains as a "Mike."

Sep 2, 2017 8:44 AM

Nov 2007
Yuu Serizawa designed the dance at the ED.
http://www.animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1504270926
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 2, 2017 9:00 AM

Oct 2010
Fucking rekt LOL

You can see that @ 8:20 Yumeko was just like "Thot pls could you not wiggle on stage."
Sep 2, 2017 12:32 PM
Jun 2011
oh so this is going be a gamble with this mask girl from the student council as well this will be intresting
Sep 2, 2017 1:22 PM

Aug 2013
Yumeko has a lot luck on her side. I thought she knew Meari's birth month and Yumemite's reasoning made a lot of sense. Yumemite fans truly are hardcore fans.

It seemed like the entire gamble against Yumemite was done in order to lure out Kaede who sent that fan letter and possibly other council members.

Sep 2, 2017 2:07 PM

Jun 2015
Yumeko had quite the luck for this gamble. She really didn't know Meari's birth month. Despite what Yumemite said about her fans, they still love her. They are some hardcore fans. Looks like Yumeko is going to gamble against Kaede.
Sep 2, 2017 2:16 PM
Apr 2016
Bit of a shame that they've skipped Yumeko's singing. Also, I was hoping that they would adapt this part of the manga (which happened before even meeting Yumemite):

But sadly they didn't, and as far as this has gone, I doubt they will... Makes me wish a bit more that this anime would have had a least one or two more episodes than the total 12 it has been decided to have. Could've helped shown even more as to how determined Yumemite is in her dream.

Still, I think this went mostly fine regardless. I still enjoyed the episode. And I must say, even with how much they have skipped from the manga (not in the game. I mean before the game. The game was actually fine for the most part. Mainly that they've noticeably skipped Yumeko singing), I'm impressed that the pacing doesn't feel rushed at all. Everything went smoothly and you still have the main grasp of what is going on.

Anyways, I hope the upcoming one is going to do just fine, because it's one of my favorites (plus I like Manyuda, the cunning ass. lol).
Sep 2, 2017 2:16 PM

Feb 2015
I thought that Idol girl will get demolished and really humiliated by yumeko, after she lost. But breaking moment was her acceptance of not so bright future that was completely her fault for being shit too her fans and yumeko responded with much softer reaction and in the end the 2 of them could even be friends .

But most interesting part for me when Kaeda guy turned down chalenge from yumeko i did not expect that, guy is even more calculative then i initially thought. But it is obvious that yumeko will not get him too gamble with money on stake.

Hyped for next episode.
This anime holds its quality each episode still not boring time flies.
Sep 2, 2017 2:33 PM

Jan 2012
Another great episode! Jabami got so lucky! And I thought that she discovered some trick when rolling the dice
It was funny to see that she actually didn't know Marie's b-day, totally caught me there. The way Yumemite was thinking about the month made me nervous as well!
Loved their performance!

And finally, damn Jabami, asking for a gamble right after that game lol she doesn't waste time
Sep 2, 2017 2:45 PM

Jul 2014
Kaede could have said "DAGA KOTOWARU" and that would have been a 9 rated anime :D.

Sep 2, 2017 3:27 PM
Jun 2016
WinieLupie said:
Kaede could have said "DAGA KOTOWARU" and that would have been a 9 rated anime :D.

This got me too much. God damn it. lol
Sep 2, 2017 4:02 PM
Sep 2016
Ugh... they had to cut Yumeko's singing :(
Sep 2, 2017 4:10 PM
Jun 2011
Aparebi said:
Ugh... they had to cut Yumeko's singing :(
i hope the next gamble with the glasses guy wont be rushed becouse it has intresting events
Sep 2, 2017 4:19 PM

Mar 2014
tremendous hand-drawn animation on the perfomance. very nice i can feel how hard the animators have worked on that part.
Sep 2, 2017 4:30 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode.

Yumeko won and the truth about Yumemi came out. Nice that the fans are still there to support her.

Manyuda wanting to be the next Student Council President. Next battle. LETS GO!!!

Loved that Idol ED song. So great to hear Saori Hayami sing.

"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Sep 2, 2017 5:16 PM

Jul 2015
Damn it, they cut out the singing. :(

Sigh. Oh well. It's only a little bit more of what it would have been in here, but I still wanted to hear it. It was teasing me a bit... and then the anime was like "lolnope". Well fuck you too. -_-

lol But this was a decent episode overall anyway. They did pretty well in this adaption of this event as well. Call me satisfied for the most part, despite how much has been cut out. Although...

MareepYay said:
Also, I was hoping that they would adapt this part of the manga (which happened before even meeting Yumemite):

But sadly they didn't

I was hoping for this too. A shame on that regard as well. I mean, I know we get the point of how determined she is, but I think this would have helped it look even more understandable.
AmyTwoSep 3, 2017 10:39 AM
Sep 2, 2017 5:29 PM

Jun 2014
Yumeko won, not surprisingly, but it's interesting that Yumemi still decided to play that recording. Don't underestimate idol fans Yumemi, of course they still love you even though you talked shit behind their backs.

Looks like next time will be a gamble against Manyuda, should be interesting.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 2, 2017 5:33 PM

Nov 2016
Boring episode, until the performance, that was pretty nice.

What happened afterwards was interesting too, Jabami vs Manyuda could end up as the best gamble so far.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 2, 2017 5:44 PM

Sep 2012
FMmatron said:

What happened afterwards was interesting too, Jabami vs Manyuda could end up as the best gamble so far.

Oh yes it will be. There are better gambles after that too.

OT: I dont remember this arc being that weak. They cut some content so that might be the reason. I guess they are trying to rush a bit for the tower arc.
Sep 2, 2017 5:58 PM

Jul 2015
sasalx said:
FMmatron said:

Oh yes it will be. There are better gambles after that too.

OT: I dont remember this arc being that weak. They cut some content so that might be the reason. I guess they are trying to rush a bit for the tower arc.

There's quite a number of things they've cut out. They were of little bits in the first place, so they weren't THAT important I guess, but yeah, there's quite a number of them that made it feel this way to me. Sumeragi had more interaction with Suzui and Mary, for example (actually, I think all three of them had more interaction).

But yeah, it's likely due to what you said. It's what I was thinking as well. That, and so that possibly it's to make the one that is coming up next as great.

Tbh, even though this definitely felt weaker compared to how it originally was in the manga, I thought they did what they didn't cut out pretty well regardless.
Sep 2, 2017 6:48 PM

Apr 2017
fun episode overall, seems like this is the beginning of the most interesting events. yumemite's situation outcome is predictable tho

5/5

still life: pink roses
Sep 2, 2017 6:59 PM

Dec 2014
Where did the animation go?

*idol scene*

Oh.

Anyway, it felt rushed and lacked the tension/atmosphere of the other games. Nevertheless, it was an overall fun episode.
I need sleep.
Sep 2, 2017 7:06 PM

Sep 2014
Idols, song, dance, yay.....what's this? OH NO!!! JR!!! From the back corner. It's...It's... I DON'T BELIVE IT!! IT'S JABAMI WITH A PLOT TWIST RKO!!!

I thought this episode ended to happily for me. Especially when the assistant called it out as well. Now that the accountant has made his move and announced that he's going after the president's seat, all bets are off. The real reason for staying a house pet was for her to force a gamble on everyone. This is a mental strategy She works her way up the chain, picking them off one by one. No need to win. Just mess with them. Each person on the council sees this and begins to panic. The only one remaining is the president and the gamer girl. I'm sure the gamer girl will fall victim and snap.

As for the Pres, I think she knew an all out war was coming from both the student council and Jabami. She flew out to prepare and get ammo. Although, a thought occurred to me. Why did she go to this school and want to go after the President? Unless they are sisters or related in some way and she's messing with her. There is something about Jabami and the pres, relationship wise, that bothers me.
Sep 2, 2017 7:14 PM

Jan 2015
Oh man, I really wish Yumemi would at least "snapped" the moment her voice record got played.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 2, 2017 7:30 PM

Jun 2014
yikes. this episode was a little low budget all around; from the poorly planned storyboard to the noticeable drop in animation quality.
Sep 2, 2017 8:30 PM

Jan 2013
oh of course it was obvious that fanboys are dumb idiots....at lesat Yumeko completely slayed some fake idol ass

oh i cant wait to see Yumeko whip four eyes' ass
dannymilkSep 2, 2017 8:37 PM
Sep 2, 2017 9:05 PM

Sep 2013
Yumemi loses cause she went easy but fat four eyes pulls through and everyone hops back into the idolu bandwagon :'(
Jabami using her challenge on the Student council guy.
Sep 2, 2017 9:21 PM

Dec 2014
dang the song and dancing at the end..bit things stirrred once again in the end.... Yumeko she sure knows how to handle things.... with three episodes to go I hope they cover at least two gambles more
Sep 2, 2017 9:23 PM
Jun 2016
The beauty of it is yes it was a gamble, but it was a gamble that was 7-5 in her odds.
Sep 2, 2017 9:42 PM
Jun 2011
ibraheem234 said:
dang the song and dancing at the end..bit things stirrred once again in the end.... Yumeko she sure knows how to handle things.... with three episodes to go I hope they cover at least two gambles more
with 3 episodes and considering how long the next gamble against the guy is i think they will end the season after that
Sep 2, 2017 10:15 PM

Sep 2016
fanboys are so disgusting, this is why various shit companies can get away with so much shit that they are doing to the consumers. stupid shit eater fanboys are loyal bitch to them. be critical!
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Sep 2, 2017 10:16 PM

Dec 2014
For some reason I found the announcer saying 'Let's break for CM' really funny. xD

Kinda expected at this point that Yumeko would win.
Best part of the episode was the performance at the end, Yumeko should sing and dance more. xD

Match against the treasurer next I suppose.
Sep 2, 2017 10:25 PM

Aug 2016
It was not one of the best episodes so far but as always the protagonist amaze me with her actions and thoughts that go very far in comparison to others.

Good episode.
4/5

Sep 2, 2017 10:57 PM

Apr 2014
surprised her fans are still devoted
Sep 2, 2017 11:04 PM

May 2015
This was a pretty fun episode. Yumemi thought she could win, but she underestimated Yumeko. How exactly does Yumeko manipulate a 9-sided dice roll to land on what she wanted? Luck! I call Luck!

At least Yumemi is one of the more decent people in this anime. She allows the tape to be played for them to listen to her true voice. The fans...well...are being fans...

Glasses guy Manyuda is next, eh? I heard he's going to be a good gamble...
TarotistNov 14, 2017 6:41 AM
Sep 2, 2017 11:05 PM
Jun 2016
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
yikes. this episode was a little low budget all around; from the poorly planned storyboard to the noticeable drop in animation quality.

Hmm. I'll probably need to watch it again to see what you mean. I thought the animation is fine, what with the dance for the ED... unless you were talking about outside of that and practically everything else looking ordinary, then nvm.

Sep 2, 2017 11:49 PM
Oct 2007
The gambling plot seems to be getting weaker after the first 2 but I am still enjoying the ridiculous facial expression and awesome directing in general!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2017 11:54 PM

Dec 2015
Only the last part with Manyuda was kinda good, the rest of the episode was boring and uninteresting.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 3, 2017 12:44 AM

Apr 2015
I'm pretty inclined to dish out some money just to kick the loli.
About the episode. Well...ok.

spicychile said:
Where did the animation go?

*idol scene*

Oh.

lmao
Sep 3, 2017 1:33 AM

Apr 2015
I have heard that the next couple of episodes will be more interesting.

This episode is entertaining but probably one of the weakest tbh.
Sep 3, 2017 1:48 AM

Jan 2016
Next gamble would be the best gamble so far~
Can't wait to see it animated.
Sep 3, 2017 1:49 AM

May 2017
It's pretty obvious since episode 8 that the culprit was Yumemite's own assistant
Sep 3, 2017 3:42 AM

Sep 2008
wota's reaction was predictable. these guys have no shame, be it in real life or in anime.
Sep 3, 2017 3:58 AM

Jun 2016
This episode is different than the former ones. Glad it took a different turn when Jabami's opponent lost. But she gained another opponent next episode which is Kaede. Haha. Glad Yumemi's dream wasn't shattered, I'll definitely despise Jabami when she ruin someone's dreams.

Good episode.

That duo performance between Yumemi and and Jabami, though. That was very kawaii.

P.S. Kaede-san is attractive. Haha.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 3, 2017 4:37 AM
Jul 2016
Hm. I thought it was okay and they did pretty well adapting this part, but it felt a bit more like a build-up episode as well compared to the manga (which I've been reading since the time this was getting delayed. I'm too impatient). It just felt a little less powerful. Not only because they've skipped a number of things like two or three others have said (that aren't that important, but still), but also that Yumeko was even more fearsome imo.

A little more here,

and a lot more here,

though I did like how the dance went. That was pretty neat. :)

I hope the game with Kaede will be as wonderful as in the manga, cause I thought it was great overall.
Sep 3, 2017 7:02 AM
Oct 2016
That was disappointing. It was rushed. The content should have been spread over 2 to 3 episodes. The only gamble was the know your fan at the end, and that was not really a gamble. Also Yumeko was favoured in that gamble because she chose 6, which is closer to the median 6.5.
Sep 3, 2017 7:08 AM

Jul 2015
tfw Kakegurui is a better idol show than Love Live.
Sep 3, 2017 7:24 AM

Jun 2015
Easily the most boring episode thus far.
They were also very lazy with animation, only to top it with that uncanny valley dance number. *shudder*
Sep 3, 2017 7:41 AM

Jan 2014
Probably the lamest episode so far.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2017

119 by FedeMetal »»
Yesterday, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2017

182 by FedeMetal »»
Yesterday, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2017

183 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 16, 11:11 AM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2017

215 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 16, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2017

372 by Becky_D_Milly »»
Apr 1, 3:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.