Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 27, 2017 5:38 AM

May 2015
episode turned out to be better than i expected honestly.
also master roshii is the real MVP.
Aug 27, 2017 5:44 AM

Aug 2014
Yet another meaningless episode in a disturbingly meaningless series... sigh
Ruka desu.
Aug 27, 2017 5:53 AM
Dec 2010
"I'm sure you were an impressive martial artist once, but your days are already over."

Actually, he appears to be billions times stronger than when he was younger.
Aug 27, 2017 7:15 AM

Jan 2013
Don't care what you say, this episode is one of the best of the arc. Muten Roshi kicking all kinds of ass and while I don't to get to this kind of argument, shows that battle powers aren't everything in battle. It's not how strong is your attack but how well you use your skills and fighting experience to overcome your opponent.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Aug 27, 2017 8:21 AM
Aug 2017
Amazing Episode! Roshi finally has some awesome Screentime!
It really hit me emotiionally. Powerlevels are still fucked up, but Roshi has Experience, which outdoes Power, Speed and Stamina!
I really felt it when Roshi almost died.
And Goku finally became more human again.
Aug 27, 2017 8:43 AM

Nov 2012
RULE FUCKING NUMBER 1 FOR THE TOURNAMENT OF POWER
Fighters cannot be killed, use weapons, or use healing items

meanwhile in the writers room

"guys we need to give Master Roshi some screen time and do call backs like the Mafuba because we can't stop jerking off to old Dragon Ball references"
"Doesn't he need a container for that to work? that's technically a weapon though"
"shit we wrote ourselves into a corner instead of thinking of something original.. what do we do?"
"Oh yea we have the greatest plot device ever.. Zen-Oh.. we'll just say he likes it and doesn't disqualify their team" because they have to win obviously even though the old fuck broke the rules just to bring back an old Dragon Ball reference THEY ALREADY FUCKING USED IN THE LAST ARC
Aug 27, 2017 9:25 AM

Dec 2014
Nice episode, Roshi really came through.

The final parts with Roshi supposedly dead was a bit over dramatic but the episode as a whole was good.

Meh for Goku being held back by some blue tentacles. xD
Aug 27, 2017 10:06 AM

Mar 2008
Comander-07 said:
(Exactly when did Goku become a medic? He did it before on himself vs hit but on others also? lol)

Sadly this is not an English version of the video that explains that, and is in a very bad Mexican Spanish:
Dr. Goku basicaly:

Goku always fights in the day, because at night he works as a caretaker to pay for his medical studies. While Vegeta studied Proctology and Picoro Psychology
Aug 27, 2017 11:13 AM

Sep 2014
kleinerwolf said:
Comander-07 said:
(Exactly when did Goku become a medic? He did it before on himself vs hit but on others also? lol)

Sadly this is not an English version of the video that explains that, and is in a very bad Mexican Spanish:
Dr. Goku basicaly:

Goku always fights in the day, because at night he works as a caretaker to pay for his medical studies. While Vegeta studied Proctology and Picoro Psychology
Lol
if only goku had more intelligence then a steamed potatoe this might work out
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 27, 2017 11:23 AM

May 2015
I actually shed a tear. Such nostalgia. Master Roshi is BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO GRAMPS!!
this is where real men cried
FrozenRaiderAug 27, 2017 12:14 PM
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 27, 2017 2:29 PM
Oct 2016
Há, finally, at last I can say I like a Tournament of Power episode from beginning to end.

Roshi got the respect he deserved, if I had to nitpick, it would be that Ganos shouldn't have been shown facing Goku earlier, but that's just a minor detail.

Oh well, I guess is time for me to start drawing the female characters that I knew where there to be easily eliminated, females have always been disposable objects in Akira's mind, I'm not even mad, I just find his sexism funny (even though is a blow at the variety department).
Aug 27, 2017 2:40 PM
Jun 2017
Janethan23 said:
Gokou really needs to stop dicking around.
For more than half the episode he was tied up enjoying his hentai moment then easily got away using blue to save Muten Roshi.
I think the problem is that the blue take to much energy ( im manga: when the blue is to often turn on and of after some time you can only use 10%) mabye something like that will happen ... and honestly some how other Univers 7 chrackter must get screentime. Goku, Veget and Freezer could use their god ki and kick most of the other fighters out (at least all K.Os from U7), this would be boring.
Aug 27, 2017 2:42 PM
May 2017
I need a gif of Roshi's dance moves. They were fantastic.
Aug 27, 2017 3:49 PM

Oct 2011
this episode was fuckin brilliant long live master roshi

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Aug 27, 2017 4:21 PM
Apr 2012
Does anyone know who is the composer of the OST for this episode? In beetwen the fight against Ganos, when muten roshi launch the kame hame ha, the music is too similar to the antispiral theme from gurren lagann.

And btw, one of the best episodes of the arc.
Aug 27, 2017 5:04 PM

Jul 2013
Greath episode. Absolutely loved to see Muten Roshi getting so much screentime. Didn't expect him being that strong, it's really crazy if you think about his age.

His experience is something nobody can train and he's right, I also think with the opponents he won against Vegeta, Goku and the others would had problems with.

That Kamehameha :o

I was worried about him. Pretty touching moment with Krillin and Goku and you don't see Goku cry normally. Even Beerus was impressed by Muten Roshi.

Hmm I don't know what to think about the preview of the next episode, but I don't it will be as good as this one.

Aug 27, 2017 5:58 PM

Jul 2017
Honestly, I didn't expect such a good episode. I just loved the old badass and wise Roshi and all the Dragon ball throwbacks. The dramatic and emotional final moment, that's what I've been missing so much, as well as that caring Goku. Though some nonsenses like the 34 minutes left or Goku's struggle against the blue tentacles, it was definitely one of my favorite episodes in the tournament, maybe even the number one.
Aug 27, 2017 5:59 PM
Oct 2016
GangsterCat said:

i hope the manga will fix this. they did complete the whole zamasu arc with perfect power balance, trunks is weak but really reasonably useful.

"Perfect?"

Nah, Mastered Blue form Goku shouldn't be able to kick Fusion Zamasu's butt like that.

Floyd said:

Toyotaro must be struggling very hard right now with Toei's inconsistencies XD

No, he isn't, the manga isn't based on the anime.

Akira write a skeleton script, he handles a copy to both, TOEI/anime & Toyotaro/manga, both are allowed to fill the blanks and make changes however they please.

Actually, the manga is ahead, on December the 1st Tournament of Power arc trailer had images only from the manga.

I wouldn't be surprised if Toyotaro is drawing Goku's new form Vs Jiren right now.

BlackWolfKnight said:

Goku, Veget and Freezer could use their god ki

Frieza doesn't have god ki.
Aug 27, 2017 6:45 PM

May 2010
If only razor were allowed in this tournament, we could witness Muten Roshi's final form.
Aug 28, 2017 12:23 AM
Jul 2017
The ending scene hit the feels fam
Aug 28, 2017 1:28 AM
Aug 2017
Anyone else just realize goku just sacrificed ssjb to save roshi? Next episode shows vegeta blue but goku isnt at all in trailer.
Aug 28, 2017 10:48 AM
Jun 2017
SSJ4 said:

BlackWolfKnight said:

Oh ... my bad sorry
Aug 28, 2017 3:03 PM
Dec 2016
Loved it! Dem feelz =')
Aug 29, 2017 8:35 PM

Jun 2013
Master Roshi is a badass yet again
Aug 29, 2017 9:57 PM

Mar 2014
Top tier fanservice.

This episode was so bad, it was so damn good.
Aug 30, 2017 4:13 AM

Nov 2013
This episode would look much better if Mutenroushi had entered the tournament dressed as Jackie Chun for whatever reason.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Aug 30, 2017 10:52 AM

Apr 2012
I wonder if Android 18 came to Roshi's aid instead of Gokou. Let's say Krillin cried out for his wife to help.If she saw her husband so distressed about his master she could've done the same, aside from the defibrillator ki blast Gokou used; Android 18 would also use CPR with mouth to mouth. It might've stolen Gokou's touching moment but it opens up an opportunity for Muten Roshi to do his thing.

If there's one thing that would bring Master Roshi back from the dead is a hot chick reviving him.

That scenario would stay true to DB spirit. Gokou's scene with him is touching but I would've prefered Android 18. Gokou's spotlight needs to taken down a notch so others could shine.
Janethan23Aug 30, 2017 11:02 AM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Aug 31, 2017 2:29 PM

Feb 2008
Up to this point, Roshi had always taken the background role, ever since original DB ended. This was his moment to shine. Even Satan, the weakest human ever had more moments. I think also the only human to never die and revived by Shenlong.
Aug 31, 2017 3:53 PM
May 2015
I personally thought the episode was pretty boring. I mean I like how they're trying to make him relevant and how his role is to take down the enemies with more complicated abilities but I don't think anything he did was really that amazing. Also wish he died at the end of the episode. It would have been unexpected and add some severity to the tournament.
Sep 3, 2017 7:59 AM
Aug 2017
SSJ4Life said:
GangsterCat said:

i hope the manga will fix this. they did complete the whole zamasu arc with perfect power balance, trunks is weak but really reasonably useful.

"Perfect?"

Nah, Mastered Blue form Goku shouldn't be able to kick Fusion Zamasu's butt like that.

Floyd said:

Toyotaro must be struggling very hard right now with Toei's inconsistencies XD

No, he isn't, the manga isn't based on the anime.

Akira write a skeleton script, he handles a copy to both, TOEI/anime & Toyotaro/manga, both are allowed to fill the blanks and make changes however they please.

Actually, the manga is ahead, on December the 1st Tournament of Power arc trailer had images only from the manga.

I wouldn't be surprised if Toyotaro is drawing Goku's new form Vs Jiren right now.

BlackWolfKnight said:

How can the manga is ahead when the newest chapter 27 is just the start of the arc? Toei could just asked Toyotaro to draw some scenes to use for the trailer. Mangaka cannot work that far ahead. Only drawing to meet the deadline take most of their time.
Sep 4, 2017 1:27 AM

May 2016
Wow definitely gotta love this episode no matter what that was so good.
Sep 5, 2017 9:24 AM

Dec 2012
Roshi may not have strength but like he said he has experience. And you know ACTUAL VARIETY when it comes to techniques. Like this man legit almost put someone to sleep.

Old Goku is back.

Oct 9, 2017 4:22 PM

Feb 2012
That was the best episode from this tournament... NO! It was the best from all DBZ Super So far !
Nov 4, 2017 5:40 AM

Dec 2015
I was highly anticipating an episode focused on the old man, to finally get some martial arts action ! So...
where did it all go?
At least, there was an otherworld recycling Lanfan "strategy". Of course, in a very XXIc. jap.children program way.

2/5 Oh, so Mutenroshi can die even when he isn't killed now?

Rei_IIINov 4, 2017 5:45 AM
Nov 12, 2017 9:56 PM

Jul 2009
I was kinda thinking the universe 4 guy would accidentally kill Master Roshi because he's old and they'd earn a win that way but no, Master Roshi is a bamf.

...But seriously Dragon Ball Super GIVE ME BACK MY TEARS. I honestly teared up at the thought of him finally dying. But alas, no one dies in Dragon Ball.
Dec 11, 2017 11:35 AM

Sep 2011
One of the best thing about this tournament is that we have the chance to see supporting characters shining. Master Roshi is really a great character.
Apr 2, 2018 8:23 AM

Jan 2015
The feeling when you are not worried if he died because this is Dragon Ball XD.
I loved this episode, I really underestimated Muten Roshi, but he proved me wrong. 5/5!
May 4, 2018 8:45 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Around all this ridiculous fight, finally a great episode, because we discovered a new Muten, or not? lol
I would have preferred that Muten died and he will resurrect by the Dragon Balls!!!! It was more dramatic!!!
Apr 6, 2019 8:35 PM
Dec 2017
Man, Master Roshi is a lot of things... But he's definitely SUPER awesome! He's old but he took out 3 opponents back to back. I'm glad Goku was there to revive him. Now, all Goku needs to do...is get back to fighting!
Apr 23, 2020 1:17 PM

May 2011
Master Roshi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I felt like a kid again, beautiful episode.
Jun 20, 2020 4:04 PM

Dec 2012
Zen-chan counting.
Muten Roshi.
A woman attacks Muten Roshi.
Seduction.
lol at Roshi.
lol She jumped out instead of wanting to be in an H-scene. No one will want her as a wife because her Universe won't exist any longer. lol
Another woman appears.
Daimao seal.
Mafuba!
She got sealed.
Roshi has knocked two out.
Zen-chan says its safe.
A man finally appears.
Dat transformation.
Roshi dodging.
Roshi getting hit now.
Goku is getting tentacle'd.
Roshi ties to put Ganos to sleep.
The shades are off.
Dat Kamehameha.
Ganos is out.
Roshi is down.
Goku tries CPR on Roshi.
Roshi lives. Dat hug.
Beer's wants to know Roshi's name.
34 mins left.
Dat ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 1, 2021 11:36 AM

Jun 2019
That episode got me in my feels. I haven't seen Goku cryin' over someone other than that one time when he met his Grandpa Gohan. This shows how much Goku and Krillin love Master Roshi.
I cried. :'(
May 11, 2021 6:32 PM

Jan 2010
I really love the attention given to the side and underutilized characters. Master Roshi finally getting a chance to show off really makes me want to rewatch old Dragon Ball fights.
Jul 19, 2022 1:31 PM
Jul 2018
Darn, Roshi didn't die
It was a really good episode though
The scene where roshi used the evil containment wave against a universe 4 weirdo and throw her out of the ring was pretty cool
Dec 21, 2022 3:10 AM

Nov 2020
Roshi is the GOAT himself.
Jan 15, 2023 4:01 PM
Dec 2022
master roshi based moments
Apr 27, 2023 12:39 AM

Dec 2018
I'm so glad master roshi got his turn in the spotlight; I kind of wish he stayed dead only because it would have made for a better story/drama like it only cheapened his sacrifice to bring him back that quickly but i'm so happy he's made a serious growth in character and also whooped the pants off the competition with his renewed focus. I only wish yamcha and chaotzu had a chance to shine too but they're still on earth.

oh one last thing: i was happy to see roshi's fight against ageism in general. i was taught to respect my elders and in this respect roshi has really shined (and i'm glad this show stopped just pegging him as a creepy weirdo).
May 7, 2023 4:10 AM

Oct 2022
Master Roshi in this episode:

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2015

79 by TheColonel76 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

95 by Daninokuni »»
Apr 15, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 131 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

285 by AnimeGuardAngle1 »»
Apr 14, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2015

58 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 11, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2015

72 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 11, 5:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.