Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 24, 2017 5:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think it's funny that Amano and Tendou are trying to keep a straight face after what happened recently. The amount of blushing coming from Tendou...I think she acted very girl this episode.

Tendou seemed nervous on their bowling and pool date but went on with it. Tendou even made their pool game look like a game between her and Amano LOL. Funny episode. I sensed some jealousy from her when Chiaki showed up. The Mario Kart references though :D

Aug 24, 2017 6:51 AM

Apr 2010
So the continuation of last week and it seems the characters picked up a lot f interest from the schoolmates tho that isn't such a surprised seeing what happened.
The date seemed fun and it even came with fan service tho Tendou doesn't seem like an easy girl judging from everything that happened.
Aug 24, 2017 7:44 AM

Jul 2014
Jesus Chiaki killed me this episode.
-Clings to Amano
Amano: Dude... Tendo, my girlfriend, is right there.
Chiaki: I know. *continues to cling* hello Tendo.
Tendo: ..... hello....
Amano: nope nope, you weirdo, Im going out with her! RIGHT NOW! we're going out!
Chiaki: You mean a "date" right? I know THAT much!
Amano: Then why the hell are you clinging!

Not exactly the proper trans but this is how I understood it haha.
Loved their interactions but I kinda wanted to see Chiaki's lil sister.
Tendo X Keita FTW! I wasnt such a big fan of it at first and was going with Chiaki but hell, Tendo and Keita deserves each other.
Aug 24, 2017 9:12 AM

Mar 2016
for some reason I thought they were going to do multiple ends...

great episode !!!! as always
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2017 9:21 AM

Aug 2013
Chiaki clings on Amano and the only thing he did was insult her. That guy...

Good episode. Amono's and Tendou's date went well. I just realised that they make a good pair.

Aug 24, 2017 9:21 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
As long as Amano and Tendou have more moments like this with less fucking misunderstandings, I will be 1000% satisfied

But other than that, I'm tired of all these stupid misunderstandings for good now, so Uehara and the others need to get their shit together because this is borderline ridiculous imo

Great episode overall yet again but if these misunderstandings continue the way they've been going then I'm gonna get super annoyed (I want more swimsuit scenes tho lol. my goodness Tendou and Chiaki are HOTl)

Loved the Mario Kart reference bit too
Aug 24, 2017 9:22 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
yeaaaa, Tendou got her sexy bikini moment.. needed more Chiaki fanservice though XD
Aug 24, 2017 9:29 AM

Jun 2015
Tendou thought Amano was going to break up with her, but he asked her to go on a date with him. She looks great in her swimsuit. Chiaki clinging on him was funny. They had a fun time.
Aug 24, 2017 9:36 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Unlike most people, I actually want this series to focus more on misunderstandings that resolutions. When you have the over-the-top ridiculous misunderstandings the series initially had, it felt a lot funnier. Take those misunderstandings away and now you have a simple and generic romcom anime. That isn't to say that this episode was bad, because it was still had its fun moments. The date was fun and all, despite lacking in comedy. That rooftop scene was pretty funny. Also, lol at dense Chiaki hogging onto Amano in front Tendou.

4/5
GoldenDevilGamerAug 24, 2017 9:57 AM
Aug 24, 2017 9:37 AM

Apr 2013
Not bad. Last week's episode was definitely the pinnacle of this season for this show, so it's probably only going to go downhill from here on. However, Tendou and Chiaki in bikinis can always "alleviate" anything...
Aug 24, 2017 9:37 AM

Dec 2014
I didn't expect him to ask her to go on a date, thought he would actually cut the relationship. I like with the direction this is going, albeit the misunderstandings are dragging a bit. The date was cute and that swimsuit..

AnathorAug 24, 2017 9:52 AM
Aug 24, 2017 9:38 AM

Aug 2008
Cute date. Satisfying episode. Chiaki is dense as hell.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Aug 24, 2017 9:47 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was very cute, they are seriously dating! That last scene was damn adorable! <3
Aug 24, 2017 9:50 AM

Oct 2008
I found myself being disappointed that the misunderstanding train slowed down for this episode, despite myself. As others mentioned already the over-the-top ridiculous misunderstanding domino is the best thing about this series and proves to be a fantastic comedy, so without it it is not the same (however still very good!). I ship Amano x Tendou from the very start and love the fact they are together already, but at the same time I don't want the comedy storm to stop. =D

On the same token I was surprised that Amano x Tendou were allowed an *almost* uninterrupted date and some cute moments together, especially the finale. I fully braced myself for escalation of the misunderstandings, but I guess this will prove only a short break for our MCs.

One noteworthy thing nobody mentioned so far: Amano going all "mendokusai' at Tendou's over-eagerness at the pool shows that he is far from being blindly in love and will most likely put a resistance again if Tendou crosses his believes. A tiny detail, but so rare in romcoms.
Aug 24, 2017 9:52 AM

Sep 2015

Too many misunderstandings. just don't turn into another Hayate I BEG YOU!
Into the Internet!
Aug 24, 2017 9:54 AM

Dec 2014
Pretty fun episode and the date was super adorable, definitely a good episode despite the lack of comedy compared to the previous few episodes.

Those Tendou and Chiaki swimsuits. <3

I loved the splashing and racing game. xD
Aug 24, 2017 9:56 AM
May 2017
Misunderstandings seem a bit forced, but none the less a fun episode. We have all been waiting for their date :D
Aug 24, 2017 10:00 AM

Mar 2012
Not enough Chiaki. I need more seaweed head in my anime.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 24, 2017 10:13 AM
Dec 2016
This week's fulled of beach episode. Every anime knows when the beach season's starting. xD

When the anime's beyond the LN.. something feels different.

Great job with Amano doesn't always chicken out and Tendou not being tsun so much.

Love dat bus-ending moments...>~< So cute!

Just solve that loop of misunderstandings bit by bit and start something dere-dere like this!

The end card never ceases to satisfied me.
Aug 24, 2017 10:17 AM

Jul 2015
Loved that water splashing game, short but intense.

Karen and Amano are so cute together!
Aug 24, 2017 10:17 AM

Jul 2013
im just happy that amano didnt break up with tendou at the begininng of the episode
Aug 24, 2017 10:27 AM
May 2013
Tokoya said:
As long as Amano and Tendou have more moments like this with less fucking misunderstandings, I will be 1000% satisfied

But other than that, I'm tired of all these stupid misunderstandings for good now, so Uehara and the others need to get their shit together because this is borderline ridiculous imo

Great episode overall yet again but if these misunderstandings continue the way they've been going then I'm gonna get super annoyed (I want more swimsuit scenes tho lol. my goodness Tendou and Chiaki are HOTl)

Completely agree with you... These misunderstandings were funny at first, but its kind of annoying now..

It feels like its the only strong point of the series..

Also, the MC is getting kind of annoying ... imo
Aug 24, 2017 10:36 AM

Sep 2013
Amano will keep going out with tendou for now, they go on a date and chiaki is there too.
Aug 24, 2017 10:37 AM

May 2017
Zuduer said:
im just happy that amano didnt break up with tendou at the begininng of the episode

---

Review time.
This episode was a bit slow but fun none the less. We got some slice of life between Tendou and Amano with their date... a little 'get-in between' from Chiaki, some game fun and an adorable ending.

@-Stray wonders why Chiaki acted none-chalant on Amano's date. (And maybe some others too)
I believe that is because, if you haven't noticed, Chiaki has the impression that they are faking the whole thing and not dating for real.
So when amano claims: "Chiaki, too close. I am on a date."
And she goes: "Yeah? So what?"
Is not because she wanted to get in between but it was because she thought since they were faking it was not a big deal... that is until she saw Tendou's reaction.
and like twins, Amano and Chiaki reacted the same way.

@Kin088
Unfortunately, as you say, the main joke and event of this series IS the misunderstandings

Mod Edit: added spoiler tag
BrandonAug 26, 2017 9:20 AM
Aug 24, 2017 10:40 AM

Nov 2011
This was the worst episode yet. The only time I laughed was when Chiaki was clinging to Amano.
This relationship has no feeling.
Tendou is literally the worst character in this anime. She should have remained to be a broken character instead of being Generic Blonde Tsundere Bitch character. My god she was super annoying this episode.

Chiaki and Amano are a much better pair. But my god give me some more comedy.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 24, 2017 10:47 AM

May 2017
SoraSenpai said:
This was the worst episode yet. The only time I laughed was when Chiaki was clinging to Amano.
Tendou is literally the worst character in this anime. She should have remained to be a broken character instead of being Generic Blonde Tsundere Bitch character. My god she was super annoying this episode.

I myself am not a Tendou Karen fan, and i actually disliked her since the beginning (since she trash talked casual games and non-competitive games) but me as a Devil's advocate have to stop you right there.

First don't let your fanatism ruin your judgement and view the series.

Second,

Mod edit: added spoiler tag
BrandonAug 26, 2017 9:56 AM
Aug 24, 2017 10:54 AM

Feb 2011
I was wrong. I know I said it'd take 3+ characters talking it out together to resolve the misunderstandings, but it's starting to look like 4+ or a complete outsider is going to need to resolve them. Every character jumps to their own conclusion, and they're wrong 90+% of the time. No one even tries to spell out what they're thinking to each other. They all need serious counseling. Now that I think about it, how did the parents raise these kids? They don't ask for advice from friends or family.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Aug 24, 2017 10:56 AM

Jul 2014
@RandomCritic
Yeah I know, the moment Chiaki talked with Keita from the start with her misunderstanding, she thinks Tendo was helping Amano out to get away from the so called "little devil"
I didnt exactly wonder why she acted like that, it was more like "their interaction was funny"
And dude.. spoiler that bit, I didnt need to know Tendo splits up with Keita....
Aug 24, 2017 10:56 AM

Jun 2011
What could've ended up being another awkward date turned out to be really adorable. Tendou and Amano need to work more on the established chemistry rather than entertaining their anxieties. Actually, the entire main cast would do well to do the same.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Aug 24, 2017 10:58 AM

Oct 2014
LolChiaki acting like a true best friend lol
Aug 24, 2017 10:58 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well at least they didn't double-back on the love confession from last week which was the only thing I feared, so it looks like this anime is in good hands now
Aug 24, 2017 11:01 AM

Apr 2017
Not as funny as the last one but was still a good episode. I'm glad they didn't break up and the last scene was really sweet + Tendou in swimsuit was great.

Nov 2011
RandomCritic said:
SoraSenpai said:

I myself am not a Tendou Karen fan, and i actually disliked her since the beginning (since she trash talked casual games and non-competitive games) but me as a Devil's advocate have to stop you right there.

The series is great, every episode has been fantastic except for this one in my opinion. I have laughed constantly in every episode, but this one barely did anything for me.

Mod edit: added spoiler tag
BrandonAug 26, 2017 9:57 AM
Listen to my podcast

Follow my twitch.

Jun 2014
Everything was good until this episode. time to drop.
Aug 24, 2017 11:05 AM

Jun 2017
The misunderstandings were overflowing last week, it was nice to see a break this week. Though I expect they will be back in full swing soon enough.

The date was cute, seems like they had fun even though Chiaki intruded.
Aug 24, 2017 11:05 AM

Jun 2011
SoraSenpai said:
RandomCritic said:

Second, Tendou Karen is NOT a Tsundere archetype.
She may have some tendencies too look like. But her archetype is more of the royal-hime. princess archetype and tsundere be similar in certain key aspects.
If she was really a tsundere, she would be treating Amano badly with sass and tongue hostility while calling him stupid all the time or hitting him. Then secretly she would dere for him.
Obviously none of those had happened.

That tendou talks to him with pride, dignity and some authority for certain things does not make her a Tsundere but a himedere type.

The series is great, every episode has been fantastic except for this one in my opinion. I have laughed constantly in every episode, but this one barely did anything for me.

As for my views on Karen. You're right she is a Himedere character. I just hate the scene on the roof where she says "Oh well why don't you look at me?" or when she busts out the swimsuit and basically tells him to compliment her. I hate that shit. Yeah I know it falls on Amano as well but my dislike for hatred Trumps my dislike for Amano.

There are much worse characters than Karen. At least she eventually acknowledges her feelings, despite the usual awkwardness.
Aug 24, 2017 11:14 AM
Mar 2015
A very fun date from people who actually want to be with each other
Aug 24, 2017 11:22 AM

Jan 2008
Those were some nice angle shots of Tendou in the pool. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Anyways, there's a Round 1 arcade/bowling near our shopping mall so this episode was surprisingly relate-able in terms of the gaming bits.

Real nice to see the two getting back on track. Hopefully it doesn't take the wrong turn.

Aug 24, 2017 11:26 AM

Nov 2011
Ahegyao said:
SoraSenpai said:

As for my views on Karen. You're right she is a Himedere character. I just hate the scene on the roof where she says "Oh well why don't you look at me?" or when she busts out the swimsuit and basically tells him to compliment her. I hate that shit. Yeah I know it falls on Amano as well but my dislike for hatred Trumps my dislike for Amano.

There are much worse characters than Karen. At least she eventually acknowledges her feelings, despite the usual awkwardness.

I'm still waiting for them to show up then. Karen's feelings are weird though. She barely knew Amano and then just started to like him for no reason.
Listen to my podcast

Follow my twitch.

Aug 24, 2017 11:30 AM

Aug 2013
this episode may have actually given me diabetes. so cute.
Aug 24, 2017 11:30 AM

Jun 2011
SoraSenpai said:
Ahegyao said:

I'm still waiting for them to show up then. Karen's feelings are weird though. She barely knew Amano and then just started to like him for no reason.

You weren't paying attention. She likes him because his passion for games and anything related to it are genuine and he doesn't take shit when it comes to people making fun of it (rewatch the scene with him and Uehara on the bridge.). Tendou, being a gamer at heart, literally got pulled by the heartstrings. You'd have a leg to stand on if scenes like this never happened, but this wasn't a case.
Aug 24, 2017 11:31 AM

Sep 2015
Finally they are in a official relationship even if it is awkward. But that don't matter as long those two enjoy it. Dating needs no rules.
Enjoyable episode.

But Chiaki in her swimsuit stole the show for me. I mean that was dayum...

Also this made my knee feel weak.
Aug 24, 2017 11:31 AM

Aug 2013
SoraSenpai said:
Ahegyao said:

i thought she started liking him, when he stood up for her... and almost killed the other guy on the bridge. She heard everything
Aug 24, 2017 11:34 AM

Dec 2014
deplorable said:
SoraSenpai said:

i thought she started liking him, when he stood up for her... and almost killed the other guy on the bridge. She heard everything

That was when she first started looking at him with heart shaped eyes, however she got interested in him after his first refusal to join the gamers club. She never got a negative answer before that point after all.
Aug 24, 2017 11:44 AM

Nov 2014
I'm happy they actually continued relationship from previous episode, but I hoped it will also lead to fixing all those misunderstandings... hopefully they will get it right by the end of anime.
Aug 24, 2017 11:46 AM

Nov 2016
I wish this show would focus more on Agurui and Uehara, nonetheless this episode was still fun.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 24, 2017 11:48 AM
May 2017
Tokoya said:

"imo" I've been talking with my friends and afaik that's everyone right now. My hair was messed up because I was physically cringing from last episode and I'm so glad that this episode ended on a better note.
Aug 24, 2017 11:57 AM
Feb 2014
This is the problem with not binge-watching but waiting for an episode every week. I'm watching 21 anime this season and with all the misunderstandings in this anime, I can't keep track of who thinks what is happening (most of them are obvious but I can't remember Chiaki's thoughts). Maybe I should go watch last week's episode again.
Aug 24, 2017 12:17 PM

Nov 2011
Ahegyao said:

You weren't paying attention. She likes him because his passion for games and anything related to it are genuine and he doesn't take shit when it comes to people making fun of it (rewatch the scene with him and Uehara on the bridge.). Tendou, being a gamer at heart, literally got pulled by the heartstrings. You'd have a leg to stand on if scenes like this never happened, but this wasn't a case.

Ahh yeah that makes sense. I guess It basically just went over my head.
Listen to my podcast

Follow my twitch.

Aug 24, 2017 12:26 PM

Sep 2007
It felt like this series was about to go off the rails in the first half of the episode, thankfully the second half got it back on track. Also is it just me or did the animation ran out of budget?

Who are these mutants
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » [Poll] Gamers Romance

Lnlover - Aug 30, 2017

30 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:19 PM

» Misunderstandings

Shomix - Sep 29, 2017

13 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:18 PM

Poll: » [the usual] BEST GIRL POLL

GangsterCat - Sep 7, 2017

13 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:15 PM

» Do people not understand that this is a parody? ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Feb 23, 2023

61 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:14 PM

Poll: » Gamers! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2017

320 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.