Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime 'Houseki no Kuni' Cast and Additional Staff Members Announced

New
Aug 23, 2017 3:36 AM

Nov 2007
The official website of Houseki no Kuni has revamped and announced the cast and additional staff members for the TV series, as well as a new preview. The anime will air on Saturdays at 9:30 p.m. starting on October 7 on AT-X, followed by Tokyo MX, BS11, and MBS.

Cast
Phosphophyllite: Tomoyo Kurosawa (Hibike! Euphonium)
Cinnabar: Mikako Komatsu (Re:Creators)
Bort: Ayane Sakura (Ballroom e Youkoso)
Diamond: Ai Kayano (3-gatsu no Lion)
Rutile: Yumi Uchiyama (Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters)
Goshenite: Saori Hayami (Kakegurui)
Morganite: Mutsumi Tamura (Battle Girl High School)
Jade: Ayahi Takagaki (Senki Zesshou Symphogear AXZ)
Benitoite: Ari Ozawa (Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun)
Zircon: Himika Akaneya (Idol Time PriPara)
Neptunite: Atsumi Tanezaki (Mahoutsukai no Yome)
Euclase: Mamiko Noto (Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi)
Yellow Diamond: Junko Minagawa (Super Lovers)
Alexandrite: Rie Kugimiya (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Kongou-sensei: Jouji Nakata (Gugure! Kokkuri-san)

Staff
CG Chief Director: Eiji Inomoto (Knight's & Magic)
Concept Art: Youichi Nishikawa (Bakemono no Ko art director)
Color Setting: Osamu Mikasa (Neko no Ongaeshi)
Director of Photography: Kenji Fujita (No Game No Life)
Editing: Daisuke Imai (Love Live! School Idol Project)
Music: Yoshiaki Fujisawa (No Game No Life: Zero)
Sound Director: Yukio Nagasaki (Gangsta.)

First three episodes of the anime will be pre-screened at an event on September 24 at Toho Cinemas Roppongi Hills where Tomoy Kurosawa (Phosphophyllite), Mikako Komatsu (Cinnabar), Ai Kayano (Diamond), Ayane Sakura (Bort), and Takahiko Kyougoku (Director) will appear for a two-part talk show.

PV

Source: animate Times
VindstotAug 23, 2017 12:07 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 23, 2017 4:44 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Nice cast there, I don't mind the CGI though it's pretty well done to me.
Aug 23, 2017 5:01 AM
Jan 2016
Overall the CGI is not bad, though that water(I am assuming that silver liquid thing is water) is quite jarring. Definitely going to watch this one still since it's pretty atmospheric & seems pretty unique.
Aug 23, 2017 5:01 AM

Nov 2013
this actually looks pretty good!!
Aug 23, 2017 5:54 AM

Mar 2014
Great cast, I'll probably check it out at the very least.
Aug 23, 2017 5:59 AM

May 2012
It looks good to me.

The CG does not bother me at all.
Aug 23, 2017 6:25 AM

Jul 2014
I have to appreciate an honest anime that stacks all the reasons not to watch it in the key visual, which saves so much effort sifting through seasonals.
Aug 23, 2017 7:24 AM

Feb 2016
Looking good.
Can't complain about the CG - it's done well and fits the title.
Aug 23, 2017 7:27 AM
Dec 2015
We finally get a better look at the animation. It honestly looks a lot better in this PV than in the previous one. I can't wait to watch it.
Aug 23, 2017 7:52 AM

Jun 2013
So Jouji Nakata summoned in another world as Buddha priest (Ruler servant class)
Interesting
Aug 23, 2017 10:03 AM
Aug 2017
The awaiting is real!
Aug 23, 2017 11:43 AM
Jul 2018
This CGI looks very good from a production stance. I can't really wait for this in all honesty xP
Aug 23, 2017 12:08 PM

May 2015
Red_Tuesday said:
I have to appreciate an honest anime that stacks all the reasons not to watch it in the key visual, which saves so much effort sifting through seasonals.

Making a decision not to watch it based on a single PV or image is stupid.

Aug 23, 2017 12:38 PM
Jul 2016
Good GC. I'm looking forward to it. Despite the comments of the lifeless trolls haters.
Aug 23, 2017 1:45 PM

Feb 2011
Shunaria said:
So Jouji Nakata summoned in another world as Buddha priest (Ruler servant class)
Interesting

Lol, hadn't connected he's the same VA as Kirei, curious choice.

Kittens-kun said:
Red_Tuesday said:

Making a decision not to watch it based on a single PV or image is stupid.

Their choice, their regret.

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Aug 23, 2017 4:47 PM

Jul 2013
Pretty good CGI with horrible character designs and bad lighting. Will still give it a shot but my fudge those character designs are horrid.
Aug 23, 2017 5:01 PM

Jan 2017
TheServant said:
Overall the CGI is not bad, though that water(I am assuming that silver liquid thing is water) is quite jarring. Definitely going to watch this one still since it's pretty atmospheric & seems pretty unique.

That's not water, it's mercury.
The CGI and characters look great! I hope the anime will live up to my expectations.
Aug 23, 2017 6:31 PM

Jun 2013
Zeando said:
Shunaria said:
Interesting

Lol, hadn't connected he's the same VA as Kirei, curious choice.

Because the staff wanted he say "yorokobe shoujo" in jouji hard-boiled style
Aug 23, 2017 8:23 PM
Jan 2016
redpandagirl said:

Oh, really? Because I remember that kind of "silver water" also present in F/S N by ufotable when they're trying to create water with CG. If that's actually a mercury in this case, then it looks as good as the real mercury.

Calal-Chan said:
Pretty good CGI with horrible character designs and bad lighting.

The character design is about the same with any other Polygon's design(which is not necessarily good). It's not that rare in CG anime.
Bad lighting? Or bad colour palette?

EDIT: Replying a user
AServantAug 23, 2017 8:27 PM
Aug 23, 2017 9:55 PM

Jul 2013
TheServant said:
redpandagirl said:

Oh, really? Because I remember that kind of "silver water" also present in F/S N by ufotable when they're trying to create water with CG. If that's actually a mercury in this case, then it looks as good as the real mercury.

Calal-Chan said:
Pretty good CGI with horrible character designs and bad lighting.

The character design is about the same with any other Polygon's design(which is not necessarily good). It's not that rare in CG anime.

Just going to address the lighting thing. Yeah, I should have said color palette instead. I thought it was an eyesore half the time.

And no the character design is not anything similar to polygon pictures. Ajin actually has realistic body proportions. While this show does not. Also, all images were from both the original Ajin PV and this shows PV. Also, excuse my laziness I have college tomorrow and need to sleep. So I kinda just threw it together.

Aug 24, 2017 12:34 AM

Jul 2011
Was pretty sad that it was CG at first but now my hype is back!!!!!!!!!!! it actually looks good and somehow match the manga art pretty well!!!! ♥♥♥
i know without CG this anime probably cost too much to produce and probably wont even be made... so... yea... im happy with what i got♥

Haven't ever been so hyped like this yet since the announcement of "Attack on Titan" back in 2012, now if only they make the anime of "The Promised Neverland" my life will be complete

Calal-Chan said:
TheServant said:

Just going to address the lighting thing. Yeah, I should have said color palette instead. I thought it was an eyesore half the time.

And no the character design is not anything similar to polygon pictures. Ajin actually has realistic body proportions. While this show does not. Also, all images were from both the original Ajin PV and this shows PV. Also, excuse my laziness I have college tomorrow and need to sleep. So I kinda just threw it together.

errrr thats exactly how the gems looks in the manga, the proportion and the color palette match the 90s utena style era, and i love it
this(manga) and ajin (manga), are both very different manga with no correlation, why compare the design style? weird

well before you shield yourself behind a thing called, "its only my opinion!!!", Well in my opinion, the design of the pink haired girl gif that you put in your profile, is FUCKING UGLY and GENERIC and Has nothing special to it, and like i said before, completely super super super duper generic, compare it to the beautiful expensive artstyle of houseki no kuni,
this

and this

i think people with taste should know which one is expensive and which one is weaboo-ish character design for chubby guy with sweat stains
milloAug 24, 2017 12:45 AM
Aug 24, 2017 2:09 AM
Jan 2016
Calal-Chan said:

I see, so what you meant by "horrible character designs" was the less-realistic nature, not the less-detailed nature of CG anime. If so, then judging character design by how realistic it is not really a good way to judge. Some character designs are not made with realistic and lifelike in mind & more of how to make them unique and fit the whole theme of the story. And you prefer realistic design over others is more of a personal taste, so you cannot really call other designs horrible. It's like me and my strong preference towards old school art style in anime. I like that art style a lot, but I cannot call other art styles horrible simply because they're not old school enough(I know some do, but that's just silly).

millo said:
i think people with taste should know which one is expensive and which one is weaboo-ish character design for chubby guy with sweat stains

Alright. Just calm down there.
Aug 24, 2017 6:21 AM
Jul 2018
TheServant said:
Calal-Chan said:

I see, so what you meant by "horrible character designs" was the less-realistic nature, not the less-detailed nature of CG anime. If so, then judging character design by how realistic it is not really a good way to judge. Some character designs are not made with realistic and lifelike in mind & more of how to make them unique and fit the whole theme of the story. And you prefer realistic design over others is more of a personal taste, so you cannot really call other designs horrible. It's like me and my strong preference towards old school art style in anime. I like that art style a lot, but I cannot call other art styles horrible simply because they're not old school enough(I know some do, but that's just silly).

millo said:

I mean as TheServant said... yeah, just calm down because being fairly clear you're kind of jumping into conclusions here @millo .
Aug 24, 2017 10:06 AM

Jul 2011
Wasshio said:

I mean as TheServant said... yeah, just calm down because being fairly clear you're kind of jumping into conclusions here @millo .

TheServant said:

lol yeah now that i've calmed down, reading my comment earlier i was like, "why so extreme?!" lmao

But well the mangaka of Houseki no Kuni, Haruko Ichikawa is a big inspiration to me, she's my idol and im sooo pissed when i read his comment.
"I dont like it", or, "Not exactly my taste", is actually fine, but saying her design is horrible and bad, I CANT KEEP QUIET MUAHAHAHA
Aug 24, 2017 2:31 PM

Jul 2013
@millo I feel you may have just gotten out of an abusive relationship. And for that I am sorry.

@TheServant Well duh. Isn't it obvious that my statement is just my opinion. That is literally how everything works.
Aug 24, 2017 7:45 PM
Jan 2016
Calal-Chan said:
@TheServant Well duh. Isn't it obvious that my statement is just my opinion. That is literally how everything works.

Everything that said by someone is always considered as opinion/subjective, but there's different between biased opinion or not. It seems you do not understand that. Well, I am sure you will learn the difference as you get older & wiser.
Aug 24, 2017 8:26 PM

Jul 2013
TheServant said:
Calal-Chan said:

Everything that said by someone is always considered as opinion/subjective, but there's different between biased opinion or not. It seems you do not understand that. Well, I am sure you will learn the difference as you get older & wiser.

Most opinions actually contain some bias lol. In fact, human beings as creatures are biased. I think the character designs in this PV are bad because their legs are extremely long and I find it funny. It really is just that simple.

My opinion was biased, yes but so is someone else who says the like it.
Aug 24, 2017 8:38 PM
Jan 2016
Calal-Chan said:
Most opinions actually contain some bias lol. In fact, human beings as creatures are biased. I think the character designs in this PV are bad because their legs are extremely long and I find it funny. It really is just that simple.

Sure. Human beings also change & usually get wiser as they get older, so, again, I am pretty optimistic you will eventually learn the difference between bias & opinion.
It's nice chatting with you. Goodbye.
Aug 24, 2017 9:06 PM

Jul 2013
TheServant said:
Calal-Chan said:

Sure. Human beings also change & usually get wiser as they get older, so, again, I am pretty optimistic you will eventually learn the difference between bias & opinion.
It's nice chatting with you. Goodbye.

Talking about age like that and not having one on your profile makes it seem like you are self-conscious. Just because I dislike the style and you don't, doesn't make my opinion any less biased than yours. You dropped Yona one episode in called it bad and said you didn't enjoy it. If that isn't bias then I don't know what is. Humans cannot be unbiased. We are different by nature and see things completely differently. Even your opinion of me is biased.
Aug 25, 2017 12:46 PM

Jan 2017
Calal-Chan said:
TheServant said:

The designs aren't realistic because their designs in the manga weren't realistic? The show has to capture the style of Ichikawa, which is graceful and shoujo-like. Making it realistic like Ajin wouldn't make any sense because that's not what the manga looked like.
Plus the "graceful" style fits HNK more than Ajin becuase it's story isn't grounded in some kind of reality like Ajin.
Just say you don't like Ichikawa's artstyle, it's fine
Aug 26, 2017 12:28 AM

Nov 2007
Visual for two more characters
http://moca-news.net/article/20170826/2017082612000a_/01/

Visual for four more characters
http://moca-news.net/article/20170902/2017090212000b_/01/
tsubasaloverSep 1, 2017 8:08 PM
Sep 5, 2017 2:47 PM

Mar 2014
I don't like CGI at all, specially in anime, but this is very decent.
Will watch.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Sep 9, 2017 1:49 AM

Nov 2007
Net radio: http://www.onsen.ag/program/houseki/

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

70 by dodoxdo97 »»
2 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 12 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
9 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.