Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 10 Discussion

WorldEnd: What Do You Do at the End of the World? Are You Busy? Will You Save Us?
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 18, 2017 10:17 AM

May 2010
God I got the chills when it was revealed that it's humans who are beasts. Like the creeps were close to Shinsekai Yori in terms of atmosphere.

Dat... flag. Something is gonna go very wrong, you can tell just by that.
Jun 18, 2017 6:52 PM
Jun 2016
enjoying how the series is going now in the last 2 episodes, exicted for how it gonna end
Jun 19, 2017 4:37 AM

Apr 2009
Finally, it's a milestone for those two. I would be very happy for them right now if it wasn't for the fact that I feel that I am not ready for what terrible thing I think might happen next episode. Please don't take this tender romance, and smash it to bits... it's a little terrifying how it's been so ominous lately, first episode aside. Next episode's title どうか、忘れないで literally translated means "somehow, don't forget". Non-literally, "evidence of existence". That only drives the point home even more... maybe I should just wait til ep. 12 and watch both back-to-back in one finale sitting...
Jun 19, 2017 4:42 AM

Jun 2014
How to be a terrible writer, part 1: Be a modern light novel author. At least this trash hasn't exploded in Japan in terms of popularity, because it really doesn't deserve it. Literally nothing is happening in this, why should I care about any of the characters, especially these filler ones, not to mention the main characters are as bland and as boring as they come. This show is just boring. The visual presentation isn't that bad at least.
:3
Jun 19, 2017 5:07 AM

Dec 2014
alpha_shadow said:
How to be a terrible writer, part 1: Be a modern light novel author. At least this trash hasn't exploded in Japan in terms of popularity, because it really doesn't deserve it. Literally nothing is happening in this, why should I care about any of the characters, especially these filler ones, not to mention the main characters are as bland and as boring as they come. This show is just boring. The visual presentation isn't that bad at least.

At least is more interesting than reading your comments trash talking light novels in every episode thread of this series. I just don't get why don't you guys just drop it sooner and watch something you like instead? Too easy maybe
Jun 19, 2017 5:13 AM

Mar 2016
Anathor said:
alpha_shadow said:

At least is more interesting than reading your comments trash talking light novels in every episode thread of this series. I just don't get why don't you guys just drop it sooner and watch something you like instead? Too easy maybe

Don't feed him any attention. He probably thinks a shounen anime like BnHA has some of the best dialogue and complex characters unlike this trashy LN (cause all LNs are trashy am I right?) lol more like how to be a typical mal user: > go on episode discussion threads and throw buzzwords right and left.
Jun 19, 2017 5:29 AM

Apr 2013
alpha_shadow said:

>fan of one piece and the like
>explain to other what is good writing.
>their main argument "nothing happens".

Some peoples really should think twice before giving to other their uninformed opinion. There's plenty of SOL novels that are considered masterpiece internationally. The novel critics would be very interested to hear you trying to convince them about how shounen battle are better than SOL novels.

Because just saying, sukasuka was praised by critics (obviously not internationally), and you're complaining about the SOL parts of it right now.

I love how you complain about filler characters with stuff like one piece or HxH among your favourites. Either you don't even know what filler means, or that's some high level hypocrisy here.
Jun 19, 2017 5:42 AM

Jun 2014
alpha_shadow said:

At least is more interesting than reading your comments trash talking light novels in every episode thread of this series. I just don't get why don't you guys just drop it sooner and watch something you like instead? Too easy maybe[/quote]

Don't feed him any attention. He probably thinks a shounen anime like BnHA has some of the best dialogue and complex characters unlike this trashy LN (cause all LNs are trashy am I right?) lol more like how to be a typical mal user: > go on episode discussion threads and throw buzzwords right and left.[/quote]

Zefyris said:
alpha_shadow said:

>fan of one piece and the like
>explain to other what is good writing.
>their main argument "nothing happens".

Some peoples really should think twice before giving to other their uninformed opinion. There's plenty of SOL novels that are considered masterpiece internationally. The novel critics would be very interested to hear you trying to convince them about how shounen battle are better than SOL novels.

Because just saying, sukasuka was praised by critics (obviously not internationally), and you're complaining about the SOL parts of it right now.

I love how you complain about filler characters with stuff like one piece or HxH among your favourites. Either you don't even know what filler means, or that's some high level hypocrisy here.

Ah, how typical of MAL peeps, immediately bashing on other people's tastes and favorites while going completely off topic because someone doesn't like something you do, what will I ever do.
alpha_shadowJun 19, 2017 5:46 AM
Jun 19, 2017 5:46 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
@Zefyris: It is the same like complaining about a choice an author made - make the plot based on the characters and less about the world setting itself. That did happen a lot and there are choice based reasons why the characters sometimes are more important then the world they live in.

It can also be based on a chosen view - Sometimes a view is based on a character directly - you will only see his/her view of the events and even though you as watcher did figure out something that the person did not, it will still not part of the plot until the person will find out for himself/herself.

MAL user are great in one thing and that is complaining. If an author/producer/staff team did not make the choices to focus the plot on some points the MAL watcher desperately want it to be the case, they will start complaining each next episode.

There are trolls, too. But that is a different story :P

@alpha_shadow: No, what the user wants to say is that everyone has different tastes. It can be possible that you truly hate a show, the majority would love. Instead of watching something you truly despise, you could make the choice to spend your time with something you like to do. That would be a better way of spending time, don`t you think ?
CyanwasserstoffJun 19, 2017 5:49 AM
Jun 19, 2017 5:53 AM

Jun 2014
Cyanwasserstoff said:
@Zefyris: It is the same like complaining about a choice an author made - make the plot based on the characters and less about the world setting itself. That did happen a lot and there are choice based reasons why the characters sometimes are more important then the world they live in.

It can also be based on a chosen view - Sometimes a view is based on a character directly - you will only see his/her view of the events and even though you as watcher did figure out something that the person did not, it will still not part of the plot until the person will find out for himself/herself.

MAL user are great in one thing and that is complaining. If an author/producer/staff team did not make the choices to focus the plot on some points the MAL watcher desperately want it to be the case, they will start complaining each next episode.

There are trolls, too. But that is a different story :P

@alpha_shadow: No, what the user wants to say is that everyone has different tastes. It can be possible that you truly hate a show, the majority would love. Instead of watching something you truly despise, you could make the choice to spend your time with something you like to do. That would be a better way of spending time, don`t you think ?

I do kind of regret not dropping this show, but there isn't that much going on this season and I ended up catching up to date with this one, since I don't completely hate it, the interesting setting and world kept me watching. I like to watch multiple shows seasonally and unfortunately things didn't work out with this one.
Jun 19, 2017 6:02 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
alpha_shadow said:

I do kind of regret not dropping this show, but there isn't that much going on this season and I ended up catching up to date with this one, since I don't completely hate it, the interesting setting and world kept me watching. I like to watch multiple shows seasonally and unfortunately things didn't work out with this one.

It is impossible to create something that would fit with everyone tastes, but you know which genre, elements. plot parts, character types, atmosphere is fitting your personal taste the best.

You are free to make the choice to love something or to drop something. Instead of complaining you could take the opportunity to share your thoughts what of this series you do like and dislike and why especially these points.
That would open up free space for a real discussion.
Jun 19, 2017 6:07 AM

Mar 2016

Did i bash your favorite ? Did i say some shounen like bnha is bad ? No. All i pointed out is your unjustified generalization (modern LNs) in comparison to other genres and demographic and media coupled by your typical baseless criticism and buzzwords that really won't get you far. Maybe i should have worded it better.
I'm honeslty not bothered at all, hearing buzzwords saves me from taking you seriously and having to go into a sensible debate where people use reasoning, example, elaborate and concrete arguments and constructive criticism not "oh bland, boring, bad this, bad that, modern LNs and whatnot"...
Jun 19, 2017 6:18 AM

Apr 2013
alpha_shadow said:

Ah, how typical of MAL peeps, immediately bashing on other people's tastes and favorites while going completely off topic because someone doesn't like something you do, what will I ever do.

Is that all you can answer? If you simply said you didn't like this show, or even that it was boring, it would have been fine.
You went ahead and said it was bad writing, and talked about fillers characters.
And apparently it was still not enough because you went ahead and spat on all modern LN titles on the way, full of yourself on that one.
All of this on a public thread that anyone can read, literally asking for someone to point out your lack of knowledge and that you're simply bandwagonning on the LN hate rather than having a constructed PERSONAL opinion.

That's no longer simply saying you don't like something, so you can't just go and expect peoples to understand your position, complaining about peoples unable to accept different tastes.
you didn't state your taste, you thrashed thousand of authors and works in a single sentence. Including this present title, that certainly doesn't have the problem you're pointing out.
While having a taste for shounen battle, to boot.
As far as tolerance for different taste, I don't easily call things trash and inventing inexistant problems to bash something when I don't like it, so I'd say I'm better on this point than you, btw.

Me gently informing you that you don't have the required knowledge to make such drastic conclusions and that you're misusing some words is only out of sheer kindness, so no need to pose as a victim here.

Also, you did it on like 4 thread in a row, calling this show shit, trash, light novel trash, and the like. You were clearly asking for it.

Most peoples would logically conclude that my answer was simply you reaping what you sow.
ZefyrisJun 19, 2017 6:26 AM
Jun 19, 2017 9:51 AM
May 2016
wow.. this series is much more depressing for me than what i thought. I don't know why i started watching this tho. Well, the death flag sure is raising real quick. I can only hope nothing bad will happen at the next episode.

Btw, the relation between Willem and Chtholly somehow reminds the relationship between Tatsumi and Mine from Akame ga Kill, the manga version of course.

[Possibly Spoiler for Akame ga Kill Manga]
Jun 19, 2017 9:09 PM
Jun 2017
alpha_shadow said:

The author,for me, did a middling job of adapting his work into an anime.

He wanted to re-focus the story from Willem and put the spotlight on Chtholly.
So the anime cut out most of Willem's backstory,yet was simply an abridged version of the novel. Only a few original scenes have been added for Chtholly,so we get a story which is focused on Willem yet trying not to be,hence the deadends,half explanations and why only now are two major characters making their appearance,Lilya and Almaria.

Will say the novel is a good read,the 4th and 5th volumes really made the story for me. Also SukaMoka is so far a better read,deals more with the over all plot.

Jun 20, 2017 5:04 AM
Apr 2017
Kujou_Kurisu said:
I can imagine that Chtholly will somehow survive, (based on episode 1) went on coma or something, but eventually will be reunited with Willem in the future

DarcyD said:
Lillia is the one with the great housewife skills BECAUSE she and Willem were together before, and now they'll just be together again, even if Ctholly disappears, cuz I don't feel confident anyone can beat Elq at this point.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
ShockedJun 24, 2017 12:24 PM
Jun 20, 2017 6:25 AM

Oct 2016
kosamja said:

DarcyD said:
Lillia is the one with the great housewife skills BECAUSE she and Willem were together before, and now they'll just be together again, even if Ctholly disappears, cuz I don't feel confident anyone can beat Elq at this point.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
ShockedJun 24, 2017 12:25 PM
Jun 20, 2017 7:27 AM
Jun 2017
@Germs_N_Spices

Give the anime a chance to fully show the scene from the final novel,still two episodes left,well one,11 will be out shortly.

Mod Edit: Removed reference to modified post.
ShockedJun 24, 2017 12:25 PM
Jun 21, 2017 1:58 PM

Dec 2014
I still don't understand what william figured out does that mean that the beasts are actually human or somethnig
Jun 21, 2017 2:23 PM

Jul 2014
ibraheem234 said:
I still don't understand what william figured out does that mean that the beasts are actually human or somethnig

Yes, the monsters were once humans.

That particular weapon was created to be used against humans. If it was used against anything else, it would require some maintenance. It was used against many monsters, yet it was in perfect shape. The only conclusion is that the monsters were created from humans.
Jun 22, 2017 6:49 PM

Apr 2013
Well I have to say did a great job since they really didn't give away too many details... it really makes me want to read the novel now... i must check it out when I have time now. So many books to read... so busy.

Jun 25, 2017 8:12 PM
Jul 2018
Urgh! its all over! I mean my own entertainment factor about this show :(

3.5/6 for this episode.
Jun 26, 2017 8:14 AM

Jun 2013
Shut up!
im not crying, you're crying!
Jun 28, 2017 12:27 PM

May 2012
Decent progression, let's see what the last two episodes have to offer though!
Jun 28, 2017 3:54 PM

Jan 2013
Chtolly showing everyone why she is the best girl xD
Thanks to some comments that i've read here i think i finally got what Willem found about that sword and why he was shocked so much.
That proposal :3
That ending damn, i really hope they explain everything because there is so much going on.

"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 28, 2017 3:56 PM

Jan 2013
mozgow said:
Leo_10 said:
So the beasts are created from humans to be biological weapons and so are the fairies I think it was their souls, not too sure about that since Desperatio can only be used by humans to kill humans. Interesting.

That's how it looks to me right now.
The beasts/monsters (choose your own name) were created from humans by humans to fight against... humans?

And yes, it looks like fairies were created from souls of children turned into monsters.

Damn this is sad...
Btw thanks for explaining xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 1, 2017 1:41 AM
Mar 2012
So Lilya, Ctholly & Elq in one... monster becomes hero or vice versa?
And where did the 500 yr old girl go? Willem's wife or sis?
And they're all from humans except the furries.
Lapid sword found, but besides helping the ship happen, didn't seem so important.

Jul 3, 2017 9:45 PM

Jan 2013
The ending made the episode worth it since it was so sweet. Not the after credits scene though
Jul 8, 2017 6:15 AM
Nov 2014
Man this anime has better romance than 99% of romance anime.
Jul 8, 2017 2:01 PM

Jul 2009
Everyone loves Chtholly! I was so happy to see Willem's proposal.
Aug 3, 2017 9:03 PM

Jun 2015
That marriage proposal is so sweet. I don't mind the Willem and Chtolly romance, I used to be kinda cautious about it because I didn't know what the age difference was but psyhically it's only 3 years apart. (544ish years apart if you count when Willem was uh frozen)
I can't help but be wary of the death flags though. I want this to end happily but I have a feeling that it won't..
saengdaoAug 4, 2017 1:47 AM
Aug 15, 2017 3:12 PM

Dec 2016
Everyone threatening to beat up Willem if he treats Chtholly wrong is pretty funny XD

And damn, that marriage proposal tho? And I'm guessing Willem discovered what, that the beasts were made from humans?
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 16, 2017 1:15 PM

Feb 2014
So, even though Lapidemsibilus is already in Ctholly's reach & all she need to be cured is holding it, she don't?
Aug 20, 2017 5:10 PM

Apr 2013
Protoz said:
So, even though Lapidemsibilus is already in Ctholly's reach & all she need to be cured is holding it, she don't?

This isn't "curing", this is to keep her in her current state without worsening. Sword need tuning too.
Aug 23, 2017 10:59 AM

Feb 2014
Zefyris said:
Protoz said:

This isn't "curing", this is to keep her in her current state without worsening. Sword need tuning too.

Still, basically it's a plot device to save Ctholly (that drives our MC to go with the expedition) and if it needs tuning, how come Willem didn't make it his first priority, given his feelings and his knowledge of Ctholly's condition urgency
Aug 23, 2017 3:31 PM

Apr 2013
Protoz said:
Zefyris said:

Still, basically it's a plot device to save Ctholly (that drives our MC to go with the expedition) and if it needs tuning, how come Willem didn't make it his first priority, given his feelings and his knowledge of Ctholly's condition urgency

Like I said, it needs tuning because normally, a Carillon chooses its holder rather than the contrary. That's the "special dream" the faeries see that you saw during the anime. TBH willem's plan to use that sword is nothing more than a desperate plan to begin with. I'm not even sure he could have tuned it. If someone could have done it, that was him, but that's a very unconventional thing to try.
FYI, it was skipped in the anime, but Willem himself was never chosen by any of the Carillons, that was why he was using two mass manufactured lesser variants instead back in the day.

Furthermore, they were supposed to go back quickly after arriving. Who would believe that such a catastrophe happens right away and involve them? That catastrophe is not a coincidence at all, but there was no way to understand that for Willem, as he's still missing important infos about what happened 500 years ago, and about what are really the leprechauns.
He did make his first priority to secure it, but he cannot really walk around with it, as they are super weapons that even he cannot bring out of the place it's stocked in without the proper authorisation. So waiting to come back so that the sword is stored in the storehouse was the logical decision.
ZefyrisAug 23, 2017 3:36 PM
Sep 11, 2017 9:01 AM

Apr 2015
Would have to say I didn't really get what they were going on about before reading explanations.
A bit frustrating since I roughly know the ending
LanzSep 11, 2017 9:04 AM
Mar 24, 2018 6:24 AM

Nov 2007
I can already see where it is heading. This will be painful. It will be painful because Chtholly and Willem are so lovable when they are together.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Sep 8, 2018 10:08 AM
Jun 2017
Did not see that coming! So Ctholly and other girls were human children turned beasts later turned into fairies.
May 13, 2019 12:39 PM

Nov 2010
Radu_Bey0 said:
Did not see that coming! So Ctholly and other girls were human children turned beasts later turned into fairies.

Thanks for pointing that out. Now I finally understand why he suddenly became so lovey dovey towards Ctholly more than usual all of a sudden.
May 14, 2019 6:14 AM
Jun 2017
PanzernKern said:
Radu_Bey0 said:

Thanks for pointing that out. Now I finally understand why he suddenly became so lovey dovey towards Ctholly more than usual all of a sudden.

Lol! You're welcome!
Apr 23, 2020 6:33 AM

May 2015
Beasts are humans! WHAT A TWIST! just joking..
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 6, 2020 4:00 AM

Feb 2014
OH SHIT so I guess this means that the beasts are humans and all the remaining humans turned into beasts?

And here's where the marriage proposal comes oh boyyyy
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2022 8:19 AM

Sep 2014
Oh boi I kinda expected this especially since all humans vanished but basically biological weapons fight against biological weapons.. Was wondering if there were really only 17 beasts godzilla style but apparently there are more.

Marriage proposal? Thats some serious progress! I wonder when Chtolly will tell Willem just who she has memories from ~

I guess 15 is 450 in fairy years

sooo if all humans turned into beasts (since literally none are around anymore) might Willem actually get corrupted too?
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 29, 2022 7:52 AM

Apr 2020
Oh so humans did caused all this, and with that Villem is broke on Ctyholly's hands. And never mind what I said, Ctyholly is still herself.

That massage scene with Norpth and especially Rahn is hot as always. They did not deserve that treatment but they did love it though.
Oct 5, 2022 1:10 PM

Jan 2020
Well, that ship sure escalated quickly. I guess that's good? I guess that's what I wanted?

They finally confirmed what was being hinted at all this time. The beasts are just transformed humans. Though, why they were created still remains a mystery.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Apr 5, 2023 3:44 PM
Apr 2020
The author here loves the dark turn I guess, I can see both die in the LN. What tragic story, I haven’t seen this for a long time.
May 3, 2023 9:42 AM

Aug 2019
the most random out of no where "marry me" confession??? this series is infuriating
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2023 6:34 AM

Oct 2022
What i'm guessing is that Chtolly is Lillia's reincarnation, who once fought with Willem and they liked each other before. It all makes sense now.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2017

458 by -ODA- »»
Apr 9, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

133 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 7:11 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2017

144 by toralbabs »»
Nov 5, 2023 2:04 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2017

130 by toralbabs »»
Nov 3, 2023 8:38 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2017

85 by toralbabs »»
Oct 31, 2023 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.