Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 15, 2017 2:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
As much as I find Kinako is annoying at times, he genuinely does want to help Rokuro.

The episode had Rokuro and the others face against some dangerous obstacles. Meh, this episode just felt strange in general from the developing events especially that annoying song.
Stark700Mar 15, 2017 5:53 AM
Mar 15, 2017 4:55 AM
Jun 2015
Ok so what did I just watch? Was that an episode of Twin Stars or a Disney musical? You tell me.

Decent episode. They're dragging out this ending for all it's worth.
Mar 15, 2017 4:56 AM

May 2016
I felt bad for Mayura though. Few more episodes!
Mar 15, 2017 5:00 AM

Dec 2014
Really mediocre episode, which is sad considering that these are the final episodes of the series.

In all honesty, I think the song was the best part of the episode. XD The rest of the episode was incredibly cliched and not in a good way, especially the final segment with everyone trying to save Benio and dropping off at different points to let Rokuro alone go ahead felt so badly executed.

Well whatever, 2 episodes to go.
Mar 15, 2017 5:24 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Suzu performing a musical! At least that was amusing and woke me up. xD Was really getting bored of the episode before she showed up.

I just wanna finish this anime.. Only 2 more episodes left.
Mar 15, 2017 5:38 AM

Jan 2015
Kinako really "spit it out" this time to Rokuro. And then comes the some singing to change Rokuro's mood too. After all Rokuro need some strength to safe Benio even after everyone falling one by one helping him go that far.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 15, 2017 5:55 AM

Jan 2012
Oh god that singing kegare came back, and it was just as cringeworthy as every other time. XD So yeah, Rokuro came back and worked with everyone to try and save Benio, blah, blah, blah. Mercifully, only 2 weeks left.
Mar 15, 2017 6:47 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Pierrot pulled all stops in this episode...in terms of clichés. Seriously shitty episode.
Mar 15, 2017 7:23 AM

Dec 2014
ok so hyped up much this episode.... Rokuro left to win over the girl...two episodes left...
Mar 15, 2017 7:30 AM

Jul 2013
Suzu's song came out of nowhere (like all of her appearences), but I liked it. It was still jarring seeing Rokuro that motivated just because a song.

The scene near the ending when everyone except Rokuro got a "you shall not pass" moment to make the rest of the group advance was something you could watch in Angel Beats. I was laughing my ass even when that moment was supposed to be serious, lmao.

Two episodes left... I cannot believe I have been following this for like a year.
Mar 15, 2017 7:47 AM

Jun 2015
The singing was cringy. It took a Basara to make Rokuro come to his senses, no less with a song. Everyone dropped like flies trying to help him. Two more episodes left.
Mar 15, 2017 7:55 AM

Feb 2016
that final sequence was hilarious and genuine, you know, at least they didn't make a dramatic cliché scene of "OH MY GOD I WON'T LEAVE YOU HERE" kind of shit XD the song was Cringy (on a good way) but 2 more episodes.

You know, this might not be a faithful adaptation, but at least it is better than the shit that Fuuka has been doing lately
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Mar 15, 2017 8:12 AM

Jan 2016
The song part was the only entertaining part. The rest was just so fkn cliché
Mar 15, 2017 8:24 AM

Oct 2015
They also ended up doing the "run to save the princess from the tower while friends needlessly fall behind for reasons that are totally avoidable" kind of scenario

still liked the episode better than the last one though
Mar 15, 2017 8:50 AM

May 2012
Thought they'd pull out all the stops for this final arc, guess not. Was pretty entertaining at the beginning of it, now it just feels extremely silly.

Welp, hopefully the final battle's good at the very least

Mar 15, 2017 9:25 AM

Oct 2008
The episode went to waste with the entrance of Suzu's song... that was so jarring please. And the last part was like some cheap RPG game.

Kinako MVP.
Mar 15, 2017 9:48 AM

Sep 2013
Musical and horror survival deaths XD XD
Rokuro now going to benio.

Mar 15, 2017 9:49 AM

Sep 2015
That song are far better than this series itself LOL

Ryogo, Mayura and Kinako part way to force so stupid can't you just jump from there Ryogo? Kinako and Mayura already give up mode
Into the Internet!
Mar 15, 2017 10:19 AM

Mar 2008
I'm so glad the cast is focused on the important thing....saving Benio. I mean it's not like 6 billion people are dead/dying. Oh wait, 6 billion people are dead/dying! Are these people morons! Probably. I mean Benio is the one who said "yeah, I'll go and sleep with the villain to get Rokuro back to normal." All these people should turn in their onmyouji cards and retire. They sure as heck quickly went from battling to save individual lives on a daily basis to not caring if billions die.

What did the rest of the cast even show up for? It took 3 minutes from "mission start" to the last character dropping out....sure ok.

The song was stupid, but it was surprisingly less stupid than the rest of the episode. Give Suzu credit....turning this into a Disney musical was about the only option left. The plot has gone right into the toilet.
Mar 15, 2017 10:53 AM

Jun 2014
The nice thing about the appearance of the singing Kegare is that I got to spend less time with this episode by skipping her dumb song. Her appearance did me a favor.

Lol Rokuro's friends are all trying to help him save Benio and within a couple of minutes they all dropped out. They've been nothing but useless for the whole show. Only 2 more episodes and then this crap will finally be out of our lives.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 15, 2017 12:17 PM
Jul 2015
to be honest the ep was ok. but benios plan was dumb asf cause im sure there was many other ways to get him back. plus even if he got back to human from he still wouldent 100% be "human". sure he would look like one and act like one, he still wouldent be the same. i mean he stoned and killed many people. he turned into something he dident want to turn to and benio had to sacrafice her self for him. all of those things he hates so he wouldent actually be human or fine in the inside
Mar 15, 2017 12:42 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Even in it's last episodes, it has to bring out some cringe inducing moments. I'm fairly disappointed by this adaptation tbh.
Mar 15, 2017 4:18 PM
Jul 2018
No way!!
The whole team got crushed...
How could this possibly be!?
Abe no Seimei turned on everyone...
With his power, he can end the world.
I don't see how the Sousei can take on Abe no Seimei next episode.
Arima may have to go all-out with what little power he has left.
Since when did this anime took a turn for the worst?
This is going down like Akame ga Kill... All the good guys get crushed left and right...
Damn it!!
Mar 15, 2017 6:49 PM

Jan 2015
This was probably by far the worst episode i've watched in this season in any anime... And i watched One room.... Man what happened to the anime i loved so much, why did it take such a shitty turn...... ALso why the hell would Seigen smile when Kinako was doing something stupid and why the hell would he put the hand with everyone???? Lmao The Seigen I know is not like this, man... what a way to ruin the best character.
And of course i was cringing for pretty much whole part of this episode. That dance by that Basara.... Jesus.... Save me..... I can't.... Aaaah... x_x

FlareKnight said:
I'm so glad the cast is focused on the important thing....saving Benio. I mean it's not like 6 billion people are dead/dying. Oh wait, 6 billion people are dead/dying! Are these people morons! Probably. I mean Benio is the one who said "yeah, I'll go and sleep with the villain to get Rokuro back to normal." All these people should turn in their onmyouji cards and retire. They sure as heck quickly went from battling to save individual lives on a daily basis to not caring if billions die.

What did the rest of the cast even show up for? It took 3 minutes from "mission start" to the last character dropping out....sure ok.

The song was stupid, but it was surprisingly less stupid than the rest of the episode. Give Suzu credit....turning this into a Disney musical was about the only option left. The plot has gone right into the toilet.

Hahaha exactly what i thought. Everyone's dying. "hey guys lets save Benio"
Mar 15, 2017 7:38 PM

Jul 2015
I would probably get more entertainment from the disgusting NTR doujins that are inevitably coming from people "inspired" from this arc than the actual episodes themselves... which is absolutely awful.
Mar 15, 2017 8:30 PM
Mar 2015
Just when you think this show could not get any stupider a song breaks out and proves you wrong
Mar 15, 2017 9:14 PM

Oct 2016
We need a purely musical remake of this with all the unnecessary story cut out. Just Benio and Rokuro dancing to Kegare tunes.
Mar 16, 2017 12:03 AM

Nov 2016
anyone one else miss the basara singing metal
Mar 16, 2017 4:32 AM
May 2016
That Rockstar Girl Basara is officially one of my favorite Basara out there (Aside from Kamui) pretty catchy song and now 2 more episodes.
Mar 16, 2017 8:15 AM
Sep 2016
I totally loved the song😂
the last trials they did was such a joke.. while they were what killing themselves? Staying prisonners? I was only laughing at the bad scenes..
The only good thing was the song
Oh and by the way I totally don't like kinako
What kind of king makes is men fight at the front lines while he sits behind them relaxing?
-No game No life

Natsu wanted to be a king.... So oni-chan got an empire. Natsu & Zeref
-Fairy Tail
Mar 16, 2017 11:02 AM

Apr 2016
cliches out the ass god i hate this garbage adaptation not even subtle too 1/5 dog shit episode
Mar 16, 2017 1:55 PM

Mar 2014
Oh my god, that was soo stupid...

Billions of humans died but it didn't seem to shock the cast a lot, especially Arima... And no sooner had Rokuro learned about Benion than he totally forgot he was the one who killed them.

And again that stupid Basara with another shitty song... I'm quite tired of her. Seriously, every single character is annoying in this show... (special prize for Kinako, Benio and the singing Basara)

The best moment in the episode was when Shinnosuke disapeared hahaha
That was so fun, I mean, he just was squashed between two stones in a way that was soo unnatural, we don't know if he died (I suppose he did) but what's the point in saving Benio if everyone else die? --"

And the art was terrible as well. The faces were particularly horrible...
Mar 16, 2017 2:05 PM
Mar 2016

Did she just did a lousy version of "The Sound Of Music?" I was kinda hoping that she would help since Abe No Seime would also wipe her kind.
Mar 16, 2017 4:25 PM

Sep 2014
This episode was so bad that I was just laughing the whole time. I give the series props for making me laugh so hard though :D

It is probably the greatest feeling to see a bunch of shitty characters being killed on after another. At least I hope they died, especially that cat.

Twin stars some how always finds away to get even worse.
Mar 16, 2017 6:35 PM
Jun 2016
Evil metal Basara bit- I mean Suzu caught my eye and ear this episode. Somehow I think she helped Rokuro realize what made him... Rokuro...
Whether or not the whole team is officially dead, we'll find out in final battle. Great episode mainly from Rokuro's standpoint of his progression toward Abe no Seimei.
Mar 16, 2017 10:04 PM

Jan 2014
I couldn't stop laughing this episode. The entire thing was fucking horrible -- from the fox spirit's annoying screeching at the beginning, to the fucking Disney Basara song to the horrible remake of Wolf's Rain finale with everyone dramatically "dropping off" to get the main character to his destination. I was literally rolling around with tears streaming down my face. Every character literally dropped off within two seconds of each other. THEY WERE TAKEN OUT BY BUILDING BLOCKS. FUCKING LEGOS. Then Kinako reappeared just to dramatically fall to "his death" AND THAT WAS THE LAST STRAW. THIS EPISODE HAS TO BE WORSE THAN WHAT HAPPENED IN DIVINE GATE. I'm disappointed too because the last few episodes were r e a l l y good. I guess I'll just look forward to reading more of the manga and hope it's not like this shit fest. At least I had a good laugh. This shit was more hilarious than season 2's ending of Konosuba.
Mar 18, 2017 11:46 PM

Jan 2011
That sudden song was the best part. Almost made it seem like this series has heart.
Mar 19, 2017 9:21 AM
Apr 2014
I don't even know what to say anymore about what is going on. Did they all just die? And why is Rokuro suddenly using some badass talismans they have never shown before? Would have been a nice addition to his abilities in the previous fights.

So... How far away from the source is this actually? I feel like they changed the course of the second half to be able to end it after 50 episodes contrary to the manga that is still on-going. Actually it felt like that for a while now but the last few episodes more or less confirmed that they want a clean cut with ep 50. At least for the current story (they might keep the chance for a second season available but the story around Abe no Seimei, Yuuto and Kuranashi will be over).

Does any of all that happen in the manga? Talking about the bigger picture of course. Obviously Yuuto and Rokuro are going to fight each other, Seigen is no longer part of the guardians (although if I remember correctly what I've read that had slightly different results than in the anime), etc.

Anyway. Two more episodes to go and this train wreck of a story will be over. I think what is disappointing me the most is that the OST was really cool from the beginning. It's sad that the story turned this ridiculous.
Mar 24, 2017 2:32 AM

Mar 2009
How could anyone not like Suzu?
Mar 25, 2017 3:02 PM

Mar 2014
You would think Abe would have COPULATED already with how long they're taking :D
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Mar 26, 2017 5:36 AM
Feb 2017
Suzu song was the best part. The song was cringy af BUT WAIT.

The world is going to shit. All seems doomed, Rokuro is crying like a bitch.

Suzu jumps in to save the day. How could she do it, in her style?

Mocking the shit out of Rokuro with a song!
Hes in a pathetic state and Suzu is like "lol dude, let me explain what do you have to do cause you look like trash and ill do it with a song like you would do to a child".

How Rokuro watches her speechless was hilarious.

And at the end of the song... She tells him how to save Benio. The information is framed as an hint/enigma. "The bond between Benio and the hair pin she gave you can break the barrier that is trapping her..... Maybe...? ;P".

That scene is PIVOTAL in the plot.

Be aware, the hint to the "bonds" will be explained only in episode 49, where Rokuro actually saves Benio by following this advice. This is why the song can feel "filler" at first. You need to link this scene to the one where Benio is freed.

Suzu doesnt gives a shit about the world. To her, its more important to have fun while talking with Rokuro instead of being "Oh shit we must save the world if you do X then Y you will get Z and you will save everybody".

Shes serious, but she loves poking fun, doing mindgames and puzzle people, all ending with a "perhaps" or "maybe ;P". She loves jumping from a serious tone to a childish one, in a totally arbitrary way, to make the discussions not too stale.

I understand to most people this is annoying, but with a bit of effort in interpreting her it can be very satisfying.

Isnt it boring when conversations are one dimensional and all the informations there are to it are in plain sight?
NewWaveKuudereMar 26, 2017 5:40 AM
Mar 29, 2017 4:45 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
After last weeks surprising revelation im interested to see where this goes

Man that wave sure killed a lot of people. Meanwhile Mayura, Seigen and the rest of the dorm are also on their way to stop Rokuro and Mikage from enacting this horrifying plan. Its to be expected that Benio would do all she can to ensure Rokuro's safe return though. Well its just like Mikage/Abe to hurry up things if Benio isn't willing by mind controlling her. Just like a true villain. The appearance of the Ame no mihashira tree and the large yin yang symbol was pretty well done. Hmm Abe's true appearance is more normal than i though but no less shocking i guess. With just one spell Abe was able to demolish Kyoto just like that wow. At least Abe kept the promise and returned Rokuro back to human form. The revelation that Rokuro become the king and killed millions will be hard to take in as is the fact that he helped Abe revive and start enactment of his horrifying plan. Such is Abe's power that repairing a hear is child's play to him. Abe's been working on this plan for ages so yea he's on a much different scale than everyone really. And as a result Benio is now the unwilling wife of Abe man talk about a horrible marriage. Rokuro may be a kagare but Benio see's you as a human being and more importantly as the person that she loves and cherishes. Stop looking down on yourself Rokuro. With no spell power Rokuro can really do nothing at this stage. Its funny that its actually a basara that ended up giving Rokuro a lecture on his current state and what to do next. Lol the brief musical was funny and help take off some of the dread that the situation is in. If anything suzu's seiyuu actually has a pretty good singing voice and the musical was a great way to show Rokuro what to do next. Its nice that from that Rokuro is able to find hope.

Lol Rokuro finally calling Arima his proper title. But Arima did help a lot here so its nice to see. Turning people into mindless automatons because of what you see as their flaw is never right in the first place. Whats the point in existing when you can't feel any type of strong emotion then. Its nice that Rokuro's friends finally got here but Haruka sure was fast. After seeing what Benio did for you Rokuro better fight hard to get her back. The odds of getting her back may be low but it won't stop Rokuro or his friends from trying. Benio is their friend and the person that Rokuro loves as well no odds is too great here. With unity they can achieve anything. Nice to see everyone is united in their beliefs and goals. Man Abe has some impressive defenses but that won't be enough to stop them. Lol the car being sliced apart but the cast surviving and keeping on running. Just like seigen to form the rear guard though. Hope he survives. Damm his friends sacrificing themselves to enable them to rescue Benio. Even when injured Mayura can be witty lol as expected of my second favorite female character.
As much as i find Kinako annoying this time i think his appearance and words really helped Rokuro.

Can't wait to see what happens next episode and how this ends
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2017 3:14 PM

Sep 2015
Dam always hated musicals especially Disney ones...but dam that was pretty cliche with everyone making way for Rokuro to save Benio.
Apr 21, 2017 5:08 PM
Jan 2017
a Benio nao pode se unir a quele cara.
E mais um episodio!
Aug 7, 2017 9:56 PM

Mar 2015
LMAO what the bloody fuck was that

Of all the times to pull out a Disney-esque musical number!!

I'm literally only here because I've come too far to drop this crap.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 13, 2017 7:15 PM

Jan 2008
chekrdnickrs said:

Yeah, that musical made me cringe so damn hard.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Aug 13, 2017 7:38 PM

Mar 2015
kevin_video said:
chekrdnickrs said:

Yeah, that musical made me cringe so damn hard.

It pains me to spend so much time on a series only to feel like it was a heck of a LOT of wasted time, especially one whose premise had bags of potential and so many folks on these episode discussions keep going on about how it does zero justice to the manga it supposedly adapted from.

50 EPISODES MAN. THAT'S, LIKE, 4 OTHER 1-COUR SHOWS.
Aug 13, 2017 7:49 PM

Jan 2008
chekrdnickrs said:
It pains me to spend so much time on a series only to feel like it was a heck of a LOT of wasted time, especially one whose premise had bags of potential and so many folks on these episode discussions keep going on about how it does zero justice to the manga it supposedly adapted from.

Yeah. At least episode 49 had some parts that kind of made some of it all worth it.

I read one person comparing this series to the original Full Metal Alchemist anime, which went off on its own too. I'll be hoping for a complete revision like we got with Brotherhood.
Aug 13, 2017 9:24 PM

Mar 2015
kevin_video said:
chekrdnickrs said:

Yeah. At least episode 49 had some parts that kind of made some of it all worth it.

I read one person comparing this series to the original Full Metal Alchemist anime, which went off on its own too. I'll be hoping for a complete revision like we got with Brotherhood.

I have zero knowledge of the manga - I don't read manga in general - but you mean to say it's like FMA where this series adapts material that wasn't completed yet?

Meh if it gets redone I'll wait for others to give their thoughts and ratings before deciding to give it another chance.

Though I don't think you can compare anything to the epicness that was FMA:B!
Aug 13, 2017 9:32 PM

Jan 2008
chekrdnickrs said:
I have zero knowledge of the manga - I don't read manga in general - but you mean to say it's like FMA where this series adapts material that wasn't completed yet?

Meh if it gets redone I'll wait for others to give their thoughts and ratings before deciding to give it another chance.

Though I don't think you can compare anything to the epicness that was FMA:B!

I haven't read any of the Sousei no Onmyouji, but I'm definitely inclined to do so now, if only so I can get the actual story.

Yeah, pretty much. FMA only adapted the first half of the manga, and then did their own thing to the very end. You see just how much was adapted properly when you have to watch it a second time with FMA:B.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2016

49 by Vindicater »»
Apr 16, 10:32 PM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2016

67 by Sugram22 »»
Apr 15, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2016

48 by Vindicater »»
Apr 10, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2016

84 by Vindicater »»
Apr 8, 10:14 PM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2016

99 by Vindicater »»
Apr 8, 4:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.