Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 12, 2017 4:33 AM

Apr 2016
There are some I enjoy (Digibro, The Canipa Effect, Gigguk, Mumkey Jones) but there are some that are of lesser quality in my opinion (Manime Matt, Mother's Basement)
The problem I have with these channels is that they take 20 minutes to explain a point that you could read within a review that would've taken less time.
I'm also sick of the promotions (Crunchyroll, Naruto Online etc.) yes, I understand it's not easy to make money as a creative but blatant shilling puts me off as a viewer.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 12, 2017 4:44 AM

Jul 2015
I like some of them. Many people seem to ignore that there´s also a professional aspect to anime, and that it´s not just always about tropes and waifus, that specific elements that made large audiences enjoy the show are often implemented deliberately and are crafted with much care and professional skill.

There´s something that´s just as important as overall viewer enjoyment when you argue if an anime does its job well, and that´s recognition for animators, directors and others within a production, who deserve praise for excellence within their expertise.

Now a bit less bloated

There is no objectively good anime, but there is objectively well done work being done at studios. I like how these channels often shed some light on the process, since casual viewers rarely even just think about it (myself included)
addioo12Aug 12, 2017 4:49 AM
It's okay to smirk

Aug 12, 2017 4:45 AM

Jul 2015
i dont have time for them ....
also other opinions dont interest me
Aug 12, 2017 4:49 AM

Apr 2016
The worst video I saw claimed that SAO was objectionably good because it's a "gateway anime"
Aug 12, 2017 4:50 AM

May 2015
Talking about anime analysis channels then you mention Digibro and Gigguk...

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2017 4:53 AM

Apr 2016
zal said:

Digibro had some informative videos on Akiyuki Shinbou & Hideaki Anno but now mainly dedicates his time to quick vlogs.
Quantity over quality I guess
Aug 12, 2017 4:54 AM

Jul 2015
zal said:

To be fair, while gigguk is mostly about comedy, he also has content that goes a bit into the analytical direction.

As for digibro, I guess he´s become more of a self-proclaimed expert with a tendency to starting shit and the appearance of a rodent
It's okay to smirk

Aug 12, 2017 4:59 AM

Mar 2015
good for passing time, but i don't expect to taken seriously... i prefer dialogue or discussion rather than one sided information...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Aug 12, 2017 5:05 AM
Jul 2018
hate on my fav shows= not a good utuber, one of the many reasons why so many fail,
not to mention their bland script, mutating voice even tho they're+30yo etc etc

if theres one thing ive learned in 3-4 vids that ive seen is that these guys only watch kids anime with full cast girls.
Aug 12, 2017 5:06 AM

May 2015
YuiHirasawachan said:
zal said:

[*img]http://i.imgur.com/musqdqN.png[/img]

Digibro had some informative videos on Akiyuki Shinbou & Hideaki Anno but now mainly dedicates his time to quick vlogs.
Quantity over quality I guess
Summarizing a google research, no matter how good or informative the research, is not analysis.

addioo12 said:
zal said:

To be fair, while gigguk is mostly about comedy, he also has content that goes a bit into the analytical direction.
I stopped following him, analytical videos like?

edit: @addioo12 After watching a recent video yeah, I guess you're right. Calling him an anime analysis channel is an exaggeration but he does indeed have videos that go towards the more analytical way despite me liking them or not.
zalAug 12, 2017 5:42 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2017 5:14 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Mother's Basement is a joke who cannot grasp the concept of making his points flow together and constantly shoehorns in a bunch of irrelevant stuff that just makes it a pain in the ass to follow his videos. I have always heard good things about his OP videos and the couple I watched I took no issue with, but his analysis videos are garbage and I'm getting to the point where I'm about to stop following him because I just can't be arsed to keep up with the schizophrenic way he hamfists things like shilling for his sponsors or swipes at series he dislikes in ways that are practically entirely removed from what the video he is making is supposed to be about and serve no purpose other than to get in the way. It's annoying to follow him because it actively requires me to sort out what's relevant to the point he's trying to make and what isn't. Then when I whittle the points he tries to make down to what the core idea of what he's saying is, I get nonsensical absurdity that just makes the video feel like he's dragging out a claim he cannot substantiate properly, (i.e. recently he did a video over magic school anime and the main point was "All of these shows are just blatant Harry Potter ripoffs trying to cash in on the worldwide popularity of Harry Potter," which almost makes the video seem like a shitpost to me.) Top it off with a consistently douchebaggish attitude, and I'm hard pressed trying to find anything redeeming about his non-OP videos. I take a kind of cruel pleasure in harshly shittalking him because he just acts like a condescending ass so often for no real reason, though, so at least he can give me that satisfaction if nothing else.

Digibro isn't particularly interesting and he seems kind of arrogant which is off-putting, but by and large I take little issue with his content existing, and while I find myself disliking his content more often than not, at least when he makes a video I can agree on I can actually listen to him talk about it because he doesn't hamfist things like shilling for his sponsors or unrelated swipes at series he doesn't like when they don't have a place being there. I like him more than Mother's Basement.

Glass Reflection isn't somebody I watched much of, but eh. While he seems infinitely more likable than Digi or Mother's Basement, I find him kind of dull on the whole and it's just kind of sloggish listening to him at times. I like him more than Digi or Mother's Basement.

I don't really consider Gigguk much of an analysis channel, but I used to actually like him up until he started this idea that persists in annoying me that "these shows are trash but it is okay to like them if they are trash :3" that he sort of sowed the seeds for before Eromanga sensei aired and then when it came around it he pushed it up to 11. So he's kind of on my shitlist lately, but if he's being counted for something then he'd probably be the one I'd be most willing to watch.

Basically, I take issues with everybody I talked about but there are times when I don't dislike them. Except Mother's Basement, who hasn't made a single non-OP video so far that I've seen and didn't complete force myself to hear him out, which in turn has yet to yield me anything resembling new insight or a differing viewpoint and just stuff that leaves me wondering why I watch him at all.
ManabanAug 12, 2017 5:27 AM

Aug 12, 2017 5:23 AM
May 2016
zal said:

Digibro and Gigguk are YouTube channels which analyse Animes and anime tropes.Sure they do push the shit out of bookwalker,crunchy roll and the like, but you can cut them some slack after the Google Adpocalyse. They gotta earn their bread. And many of their videos are actually pretty good.

Mother's Basement's anime openings reviews are pretty good. You can see that he places huge importance on direction and editing when he reviews anime openings; but I do agree that his humour is more often a miss than a hit. His video on the importance of the first episode is one of his best. You should check it out.

Digibro does seem like a stuck up whiner but perhaps it's because he's passionate about anime. Most of us love anime for different reasons. If we don't agree with him, we have the right to roast him ( not harass, that's different ).But even he has the right to put forward his views. And seeing that he is one of the most popular anime Youtubers, many people agree with his views.

Eyepatch wolf's penchant for good storytelling shine in each of his videos.The fact of the matter is that he knows how to sell a good show to you. And his videos are often longer than 20 minutes. But they are so jam packed with interesting stuff that they don't seem lengthy to me in the slightest

Gigguk's hilarious free form style is one of favourites. He seems like the the anti-thesis to the stoic analyst in Digibro. He makes stuff much more interesting than it would have been reading it.

All in all,as in every heterogenous community, there will be people with different views. And YouTube, being a democratic platform allows them to express their views. And if you don't agree with a person's viewpoint, then you have every right to move on, or better yet, put forward your arguments in a civil manner.
Aug 12, 2017 5:33 AM

Nov 2011
There's only two in particular, for me.

RCAnime generally frames his videos around something very simple, but I think that's partly what makes them work so well in my case. His videos genuinely feel like a celebration of the medium and are super uplifting like 90% of the time.

Pause and Select tends to go more in-depth than most analysis pieces do, but with the caveat that they focus on one specific element or idea in each anime he does a video about. I do think he reads into things a bit too much on occasion, but by and large I'd say he has the best analysis videos on youtube by far. I tend to like them even with series I dislike, which says something about his ability imo.
Aug 12, 2017 5:43 AM

Feb 2016
I don't follow youtubers of any kind, but once i've tried to watch that Digibro's 1 our video talking about SAO... Couldn't stand 5 minutes and never tried again, mostly because i'm lazy.
llorandoAug 12, 2017 6:21 AM
Aug 12, 2017 5:52 AM

May 2015
R2M2 said:
zal said:

Digibro and Gigguk are YouTube channels which analyse Animes and anime tropes.Sure they do push the shit out of bookwalker,crunchy roll and the like, but you can cut them some slack after the Google Adpocalyse. They gotta earn their bread. And many of their videos are actually pretty good.
Gigguk only occasionally does it.
Digibro is usually boring to listen to and seems more like an opinionist than a reviewer or analyst. I've read the blogs (scripts of the video) regarding K-On and Psycho Pass (which he called analytical review) but they were just well written regular reviews (like the ones you can even find on MAL) where he basically said how much he liked those shows because he could self-insert and relate to them.

His best reviews: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLw6UBKuaMyFCqJHUq56fTWQRt4tcs44bs
zalAug 12, 2017 6:09 AM
Aug 12, 2017 5:53 AM

Apr 2016
I like it when they're praising my favorite animu. Otherwise fuck em.
Aug 12, 2017 6:03 AM

Apr 2014
Mother's basement goes into great detail for a video, which in turn makes it a longer video. Just because he has long videos doesn't mean it's lesser quality, I'd even argue he puts more work into his videos than most of the people you listed under "Good anime channels".
Aug 12, 2017 6:13 AM

Feb 2013
ThatAnimeSnob has relatively short videos..

and even better, text versions of the videos

i havent really followed other anime youtubers
Aug 12, 2017 6:20 AM
Jan 2016
Well, I only watch Gigguk for anime analysis videos, because they do not feel "try hard" & none of the videos are about justifying every little aspect(read: overanalyzing) about his favourite anime while gushing about it(even if the anime is my favourite too). And yeah, those 2 things are the usual pattern of anime analysis videos, which maybe why I do not like most of them(e.g. Mother's Basement).

Manaban said:
Mother's Basement is a joke who cannot grasp the concept of making his points flow together and constantly shoehorns in a bunch of irrelevant stuff that just makes it a pain in the ass to follow his videos. I have always heard good things about his OP videos and the couple I watched I took no issue with, but his analysis videos are garbage and I'm getting to the point where I'm about to stop following him because I just can't be arsed to keep up with the schizophrenic way he hamfists things like shilling for his sponsors or swipes at series he dislikes in ways that are practically entirely removed from what the video he is making is supposed to be about and serve no purpose other than to get in the way. It's annoying to follow him because it actively requires me to sort out what's relevant to the point he's trying to make and what isn't. Then when I whittle the points he tries to make down to what the core idea of what he's saying is, I get nonsensical absurdity that just makes the video feel like he's dragging out a claim he cannot substantiate properly, (i.e. recently he did a video over magic school anime and the main point was "All of these shows are just blatant Harry Potter ripoffs trying to cash in on the worldwide popularity of Harry Potter," which almost makes the video seem like a shitpost to me.) Top it off with a consistently douchebaggish attitude, and I'm hard pressed trying to find anything redeeming about his non-OP videos. I take a kind of cruel pleasure in harshly shittalking him because he just acts like a condescending ass so often for no real reason, though, so at least he can give me that satisfaction if nothing else.

Glass Reflection isn't somebody I watched much of, but eh. While he seems infinitely more likable than Digi or Mother's Basement, I find him kind of dull on the whole and it's just kind of sloggish listening to him at times. I like him more than Digi or Mother's Basement.

I don't really consider Gigguk much of an analysis channel, but I used to actually like him up until he started this idea that persists in annoying me that "these shows are trash but it is okay to like them if they are trash :3" that he sort of sowed the seeds for before Eromanga sensei aired and then when it came around it he pushed it up to 11. So he's kind of on my shitlist lately, but if he's being counted for something then he'd probably be the one I'd be most willing to watch.

Mother's Basement almost always seems biased to me, to his favourite anime or to the anime he hates. When he likes something, he always gushing about it & overanalyze things. And same thing for the opposite, which is pretty irritating for me.

Glass Reflection is more of a run-of-the-mill reviewer, but recently he's been making analysis video too, & they're pretty good.

I think the "trash" think is just a joke from Gigguk. He does not really mean that. It's pretty obvious when even in his merchandise says he's trash too.
Aug 12, 2017 6:22 AM

Sep 2012
Good thing that you can stop watching those channels right?

RIGHT?
Aug 12, 2017 6:26 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
TheServant said:
Mother's Basement almost always seems biased to me, to his favourite anime or to the anime he hates. When he likes something, he always gushing about it & overanalyze things. And same thing for the opposite, which is pretty irritating for me.

Well usually I do not take issue with this and I don't in his case

I just hate how you can whittle a lot of videos down to "Basically, he's saying this because..." and get something completely asanine out of it, like "he thinks every anime/LN with magic and school is just a blatant Harry Potter ripoff trying to cash in on the success of the Harry Potter franchise." Throw that in tandem with how much irrelevant stuff he hamfists into his videos (Why bring up SAO multiple times in your NGNL video if you're not even comparing them past saying "NGNL is good and SAO sucks" basically every single time you do so? Why bring up your sponsor at the halfway point and spend a couple minutes shilling for them in the dead fucking middle of explaining your thoughts?) and just because he sort of rubs me the wrong way with his attitude, coming across as condescending.

I do not mind his biases, though, so long as he can offer me something to think about (that aren't just reasons I think his videos suck, which is all I ever get with him.) I just think he's a piss poor excuse for a content creator in a general sense and he consistently presents strange ideas and consistently fails to expand on them in ways that are relevant to why he believes as much. Plus he makes his videos difficult to follow because he basically has this kind of video flow.
ManabanAug 12, 2017 6:38 AM

Aug 12, 2017 6:47 AM
Jul 2018
Randy Drews, sudoStef and RogerSmith2004 are the only anime youtubers I care about.

As for the ones I don't like, eh... BobSamurai is a moral faggot, Mother's basement is obnoxious and heck even his buddy digibro accused him of copying him lol. Speaking of Digibro he can suck a cock too.
Aug 12, 2017 6:49 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Darek said:
Mother's basement is obnoxious and heck even his buddy digibro accused him of copying him lol.

I do not doubt Digi here since Mother's Basement is so dedicated to bringing absolutely nothing that hasn't be said a thousand times already to the table that he's resorted to lifting thumbnails and slapping shit all over them to make them appear somewhat different because he can't even make his own thumbnails anymore

He should just go back to making OP videos honestly ._.

Aug 12, 2017 7:01 AM
Jul 2018
Manaban said:
Darek said:
Mother's basement is obnoxious and heck even his buddy digibro accused him of copying him lol.

I do not doubt Digi here since Mother's Basement is so dedicated to bringing absolutely nothing that hasn't be said a thousand times already to the table that he's resorted to lifting thumbnails and slapping shit all over them to make them appear somewhat different because he can't even make his own thumbnails anymore

He should just go back to making OP videos honestly ._.
Last time I visited his channel (so more than a year ago probably) I think he was still making mostly those, the issue I had with them is that he often acted as if the quality of the OP had much to do with the quality of the entire anime... but hey! at least that was a semi-interesting idea at its core so big + for him for at least that... he still can suck my tiny cock but yeah....
Aug 12, 2017 7:10 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Darek said:
Last time I visited his channel (so more than a year ago probably) I think he was still making mostly those, the issue I had with them is that he often acted as if the quality of the OP had much to do with the quality of the entire anime... but hey! at least that was a semi-interesting idea at its core so big + for him for at least that... he still can suck my tiny cock but yeah....

Well I mean he still does, just is much more focused on making SAO general analysis videos it feels like, and relying on bringing up SAO at every possible turn even in his non-SAO videos and relentlessly shilling for his sponsors going for a more whole take on any given series in question instead of just the OP

this post is a masterpiece of subtlety :V

After watching his videos I get the same feeling I do with tragedydesu posting about tsunderes, and it just gets tiring after a while tbh ._.
ManabanAug 12, 2017 7:20 AM

Aug 12, 2017 7:11 AM
Jan 2016
sasalx said:
Good thing that you can stop watching those channels right?

RIGHT?

I agree. It would be horrible if I had to watch every video made by them.

Manaban said:
I do not mind his biases, though, so long as he can offer me something to think about (that aren't just reasons I think his videos suck, which is all I ever get with him.) I just think he's a piss poor excuse for a content creator in a general sense and he consistently presents strange ideas and consistently fails to expand on them in ways that are relevant to why he believes as much. Plus he makes his videos difficult to follow because he basically has this kind of video flow.

He always tries to justify his biased points by making some ludicrous & sometimes funny excuses for it. At first I enjoyed it, but overtime I just cannot handle how "funny"(or cringy?) he is. But hey, maybe in the future he will be better at conveying his opinion & less emotional about what he likes & dislikes, because I think his biased opinion caused by him not being good enough to control his emotion.
Aug 12, 2017 7:19 AM
Jul 2018
Manaban said:
Darek said:

Well I mean he still does, just is much more focused on making SAO general analysis videos it feels like, and relying on bringing up SAO at every possible turn even in his non-SAO videos and relentlessly shilling for his sponsors going for a more whole take on any given series in question instead of just the OP

After watching his videos I get the same feeling I do with tragedydesu posting about tsunderes, and it just gets tiring after a while tbh ._.
I don't know if comparing him to tragedydesu is insult to him or to tragedydesu...

But yeah I will stick to my little safe space known as few unpopular anime youtubers because the stars tell me, when a youtuber becomes famous, 9/10 times he becomes cancer and also too hard to reach to have some interesting debate or something, I dunno... I think hipster anime channels are just better, less focused on how awesome they are and how big their cock is and for crying out loud I got off topic.
Aug 12, 2017 7:28 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Darek said:
Manaban said:

I don't know if comparing him to tragedydesu is insult to him or to tragedydesu...

But yeah I will stick to my little safe space known as few unpopular anime youtubers because the stars tell me, when a youtuber becomes famous, 9/10 times he becomes cancer and also too hard to reach to have some interesting debate or something, I dunno... I think hipster anime channels are just better, less focused on how awesome they are and how big their cock is and for crying out loud I got off topic.

Definitely @tragedydesu, I have wronged desu and I should apologize to him for it >_>

But meh

It feels kind of good to let my pent up rage about Mother's Basement out and I am satisfied for now, this will be my last post here :V
ManabanAug 12, 2017 7:34 AM

Aug 12, 2017 7:33 AM

Mar 2017
I really like them. I'm subscribed to Digibro, Gigguk, Mother's Basement, Nux Taku, The Pedantic Romantic, and Super Eyepatch Wolf.
Aug 12, 2017 8:37 AM
Jul 2018
I avoid them as much as possible and i absolutely hate their fans because, exactly like any youtube celebrity, the fans just mindlessly parrot their opinions without making their own one.
I don't need the validation of others to like or hate anything.
Aug 12, 2017 8:42 AM

Jul 2014
As an aspiring creator myself, media analysis channels in general are very useful and ofttimes interesting, with the best of them simultaneously being charismatic and engaging. Regardless, my favourite anime-specific ones are Super Eyepatch Wolf, GoatJesus and Ninouh.
Take care of yourself

Aug 12, 2017 8:48 AM

Nov 2014
I'm not currently following any anime youtuber. I haven't had my opinions of an anime changed by an anime youtuber in a long time, let alone had a "Damn that's a good point I didn't think about" moment, because it's usually either very shallow analysis or a long nitpicking analysis about one obscure point that really doesn't change much in the grand scheme of things.

I've had 1 or 2 anime youtube channels I closely followed maybe 3 years ago, but they have either decided to stop making videos or found success creating content that isn't anime reviews.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Aug 12, 2017 9:06 AM

Jun 2015
tragedydesu said:
i dont have time for them ....
also other opinions dont interest me
well this.....

and from what I have watched its pretty useless to waste time on youtube bitches
Aug 12, 2017 9:14 AM
Jul 2009
I subscribe to Mother's Basement and I've seen videos from people like Super Eyepatch Wolf, Digibro, Glass Reflection etc.

It's fun to get someone else's opinion on shows I like. I especially like it if they have interesting ideas about a show's theming and direction, which is why I like Mother's Basement.

HOWEVER, all they can present is their own opinion. Obviously the dude isn't going fill his video with "I think this" or "this might mean" because that's not how you make a point. As long as you don't take it too seriously and understand everyone has their own opinions, it's fun.
FMA:B OUTDATED noot KIMI NO NA WA OVERRATED noot LONG HAVE WE WAITED noot PINGU IN THE CITY WAS CREATED noot
Aug 12, 2017 9:16 AM

Jul 2015
@Manaban
lol , i kow i'm annoying (and i'm kinda tired of bashing them though)
but i will not stop until i find a romance anime that satisfy my hate against them
Aug 12, 2017 9:16 AM

Jan 2008
Only the ones who actually focus on information and details and not just those who want to justify their opinions and bullshitery by using their fanbase and having them spread their beliefs like some religion.
Aug 12, 2017 9:35 AM

Aug 2008
Just a way to pass time. Having visual and audio to listen to is always more fun than wall of text. Gigguk is my favorite.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Aug 12, 2017 11:02 AM

Aug 2016
Darek said:
Randy Drews, sudoStef and RogerSmith2004 are the only anime youtubers I care about.

sudoStef exploded and some serious psychological nightmare stuff went down about a month ago. Quite tragic, especially since one of the side-effects was the complete and utter erasure of all of his videos from his channel, so unless somebody backed them up somewhere they're lost.

RogerSmith and Randy Drews are okay.

Manaban said:
It feels kind of good to let my pent up rage about Mother's Basement out and I am satisfied for now, this will be my last post here :V

Great. I'm always the dummy that is so late to the party that I arrive when everybody else is leaving.

Anyways, my two pennies:

The big guys, like DigiBro, Mother's Basement, and now Pedantic Romantic, etc., are all intellectual amateurs. That's not meant as an insult but it is meant as a criticism. These guys know absolutely nothing about literary or film analysis so they're basically stumbling blindly in the dark this entire time. DigiBro occasionally makes a point I never thought of but a lot of that seems to be blind luck and most of his more "profound" observations and insights for the average YouTube viewer were (to me) straightforward, obvious, or quite frankly pedestrian. (As an example, his discussion on spirals, escalation, and the hero's journey regarding Gurren Lagaan elicited a "yeah, no kidding, that's obvious" response from me.)

This wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that they have fanbases and as a result feel zero need to actually learn how to do real, in-depth analysis.

I would recommend these guys take cues from Chainsawsuit Original's Movies with Mikey series (particularly his Princess Mononoke analysis because it is obviously an anime), Channel Criswell (who does a video on Cowboy Bebop and one on Miyazaki Hayao--again, relevant), Every Frame a Painting (who did a video on Satoshi Kon's animation), The Discareded Image (who does fantastic scene-breakdowns for Carlito's Way, Jaws, and a couple other movies), The Long Take, Rocket Jump Film School, Nerdwriter, Filmmaker IQ, and more.

Some of these YouTubers are just fine, like Gigguk, since they don't try to portray themselves as some sort of deeply analytical thinkers. Digibro and his hangers-on/entourage/etc. like Mumkey, Pedantic, and Basement have quite obviously let the fame of YouTube celebrity status (either their own or Digi's) go somewhat to their heads. Watthewut's two-part takedown of Digibro was 1) desperately needed and 2) entirely justified.

Honestly, many of these guys need to take some courses on film arts and critical theory. What the layperson finds insightful from these guys is in reality pretty mundane.

Books might be walls of text but a whole load of them have been written by people who are really smart and know looooooaaaaads more than the average YouTuber. Perhaps the YouTube "analysis" scene would be a bit better if the Tubers started reading more instead of propping one-another up, stroking their own egos, and starting pointless feuds with Canipa Effect.
Aug 12, 2017 11:07 AM
Jul 2018
Fvlminatvs said:
Darek said:

sudoStef exploded and some serious psychological nightmare stuff went down about a month ago. Quite tragic, especially since one of the side-effects was the complete and utter erasure of all of his videos from his channel, so unless somebody backed them up somewhere they're lost.
oh wow, just checked and his videos are really gone, since I have a weird way of watching youtube I did not notice.
Aug 12, 2017 12:01 PM

Jul 2012
I refuse to watch them on the grounds of I don't care about some random person's opinions. No matter how many followers they have, no matter how closely or different it happens to be from my taste, no matter how many times I see their channels in discussions or YouTube recommendations. I'm not going to search for people of similar taste to circlejerk with, and I'm enough of a sheep to start following someone who clearly has different standards. Just like how I don't read reviews.
Aug 12, 2017 12:09 PM
Mar 2011
Pause and Select is by far the best there is yes his numbers might be low but his content is top level if he wanted a job ofr animage acutally anime jurnolism and he talkin japanese is would ahve no issues giving him a job

unlike the other there just navel gazers and people hwo got big off bashing sao
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Aug 12, 2017 12:12 PM

Apr 2013
Digibro is OK, he's way more chill on his music channel and his "After Dark" channel, he can be very critical and make good points but at times even I know he can be very ignorant and pompous but eh, he's still a pretty cool guy

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Aug 12, 2017 12:39 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Fvlminatvs said:
Watthewut's two-part takedown of Digibro was 1) desperately needed and 2) entirely justified.

Well damn ._.

That video almost reminds me of one of IDubbbz' content cop videos with how thorough it is. And those videos have kind of proven that being thorough and earnest with bringing these things to light have caused these channels to stagnate and then decline, i.e. what happened with Leafy and basically anybody else he's singled out for one of those videos.

It's kind of a shame that this doesn't have more attention because it isn't really much different than the reason that channels who produced the type of content Idubbbz' is involved with and pulled things similar to this have ultimately been left a shell of their former selves. It has proven to be effective, but it just doesn't seem like it has the reach that it should.

Especially since one of Digi's main counterarguments is that "lol I'm drunk so what if I word things poorly"

-----

Though I still find him less shitty than Mother's Shillment on the whole.
ManabanAug 12, 2017 12:46 PM

Aug 12, 2017 12:41 PM

Jul 2014
Darek said:
Fvlminatvs said:

oh wow, just checked and his videos are really gone, since I have a weird way of watching youtube I did not notice.

He attempted suicide and is still in hospital if I recall correctly.
Take care of yourself

Aug 12, 2017 12:50 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
YuiHirasawachan said:
There are some I enjoy (Digibro, The Canipa Effect, Gigguk, Mumkey Jones) but there are some that are of lesser quality in my opinion (Manime Matt, Mother's Basement)
The problem I have with these channels is that they take 20 minutes to explain a point that you could read within a review that would've taken less time.
I'm also sick of the promotions (Crunchyroll, Naruto Online etc.) yes, I understand it's not easy to make money as a creative but blatant shilling puts me off as a viewer.

They're adults. It's a business. They have rent to pay you fucking pleeb. Channels are personalities so sorry that they don't post the point and then sign off. It's an art and Youtube is a game to be played to get paid.

I personally like hearing analysis, it's not just an opinion because I can disregard that shit and still hear a point across. It's not only gotten me into a lot of the shows I adore now but many of them got me back into anime hardcore in general. Super Eyepatch Wolf is the highest quality of them but I resonate with Digi the most yet I disagree with him constantly but that's a good thing. Best Guy Ever is also cool when he actually posts.
Aug 12, 2017 12:52 PM
Mar 2011
Stripesu said:
YuiHirasawachan said:

They're adults. It's a business. They have rent to pay you fucking pleeb. Channels are personalities so sorry that they don't post the point and then sign off. It's an art and Youtube is a game to be played to get paid.

I personally like hearing analysis, it's not just an opinion because I can disregard that shit and still hear a point across. It's not only gotten me into a lot of the shows I adore now but many of them got me back into anime hardcore in general. Super Eyepatch Wolf is the highest quality of them but I resonate with Digi the most yet I disagree with him constantly but that's a good thing. Best Guy Ever is also cool when he actually posts.

pause and select is way better than digi oculd ever be
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Aug 12, 2017 12:58 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
DateYutaka said:
Stripesu said:

pause and select is way better than digi could ever be

I didn't say Digi's content was better or worse or even quality. I resonate with his "tell it like it is" attitude. Doesn't sugar coat shit and he has the resume to back up his opinions whether I agree with him or not.
Aug 12, 2017 1:00 PM
Mar 2011
Stripesu said:
DateYutaka said:

pause and select is way better than digi could ever be

I didn't say Digi's content was better or worse or even quality. I resonate with his "tell it like it is" attitude. Doesn't sugar coat shit and he has the resume to back up his opinions whether I agree with him or not.

what resume does he have do i have better rsume than him my views ae hated by mal and mostliky by for self

Aug 12, 2017 1:00 PM
Aug 2017
Mostly that they just get shit wrong and they're supposed to be experts on the subjects. If I hear "dragon ball z was the father of shonen anime" or"evangelion was a deconstruction of gundam" one more time im gonna kill a baby!

Furthermore, they tend to be the same beret-wearing elitists with the same ten favorite anime and that "I love anime so much I hate it!" Kind of mentality. To quote a great man "I know you think your moustache is cool!"
Aug 12, 2017 1:02 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Stripesu said:
They're adults. It's a business. They have rent to pay you fucking pleeb. It's an art and Youtube is a game to be played to get paid.

It really shows how much you care about the content somebody creates whenever the very first response you offer to criticisms towards that content is "WELL THEY HAVE TO MAKE MONEY"

I mean, it's not like people haven't been able to have sponsorship before without getting bashed for it because they didn't insert their shilling dead in the middle of explaining their point on something. Just jam it in there and people will understand your shittiness and laziness because you need to make money and that's all there is to it.

Maybe if, idk, Mother's Basement didn't just put it in his videos in the most obnoxious and obstructive ways possible then nobody would make fun of him for being a shill? Maybe if he just did the thing the majority of other people do and dedicate a bit to talking about the product sponsoring him at the beginning or end of his videos before getting onto the content of the video itself, then maybe it wouldn't be an issue with most?

Or is that too much to ask, to be able to watch a video and hear somebody out without them interrupting you dead in the middle of the speech to let you know about who's paying them and the product they're trying to sell by poorly trying to tie your sponsorship in with whatever you're talking about?

If so, why is it suddenly too demanding to ask somebody to just open or close it with "This video is sponsored by (x) and they have (x) thing, blah blah blah" rather than just insert it in ways that do nothing but get in the way and show off how little they understand about presenting their thoughts in a cohesive manner?
ManabanAug 12, 2017 1:12 PM

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would you be in favor of tipping Crunchyroll for every anime you complete on their platform?

Dije - 53 minutes ago

8 by billybub »»
7 minutes ago

» Characters that ya think are a Genderbent You

IpreferEcchi - Yesterday

18 by IpreferEcchi »»
12 minutes ago

» Hottest character from any of your Anime Favorites OR Character Favorites? (profile)

IpreferEcchi - 21 minutes ago

1 by tchitchouan »»
15 minutes ago

» Frieren fans, let's settle for the best couple

epsilono - 1 hour ago

7 by Kushna »»
19 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

74 by MitsukiHimeka »»
36 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.