Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2017 9:15 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The team needs more motivation imo.

Well we still got the coach although I wonder if her words are getting through the team. At this point, these guys haven't really competed in the big leagues so it'll be interesting to see them in action. I hope pacing picks up and not make the same mistake as Battery.

There's definitely a skill gap in between some of the divers though. Tomo impressed me more though I had expected.
Aug 10, 2017 9:27 AM

Nov 2007
It affected him and he's resting. The coach visits him. She had her weakness but she knows what's strong, so she chose to be a coach. Everything she does is instructed by her grandfather, except to train main guy. Diamond eye? Nice naming for the eye.

Nakamura-san's character read the report about his grandfather. After thinking, main guy returns.

It's time for the first big thing. It seems like not just Chikuwa, but Shimono-san also did announcer. Main guy got #4 but not satisfied. Nakamura-san's character didn't do well at first because of the fear, but overcame with what the coach and Sakurai-san's character said. Sakurai-san's character is top as expected.
tsubasaloverAug 10, 2017 10:43 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 10, 2017 11:02 AM

Aug 2013
Not really interested in the whole relationship problem thing but the coach told Tomoki the harsh reality.

Not surprised that Youichi got first place and Tomoki's performance is showing the result of his training. Shibuki doing his own diving suits him and the audience loved it.

Aug 10, 2017 11:05 AM
Jan 2016
Nice episode! Awesome coach! Awesome resolve! No more Miu!
and Youichi beware.. Tomo wants to be on top even though Tomo is obviously the uke.. xD
jin_raitoAug 10, 2017 12:15 PM
Aug 10, 2017 11:12 AM

Dec 2013
As expected, it took him less than half an episode to realize he's better off without his cheating ex. Must say though, his twin brother has one of the most punchable faces out there. Must be fraternal.

What I don't get is why their coach told Okitsu to literally throw the competition. Wasn't the purpose of the competition to qualify as many of MCD's divers for the Olympics as possible in order to save the diving school? Why throw that chance away just so he could express his "personality" and possibly strain his back?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 10, 2017 11:18 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was way too fast for my taste, especially the competition.

Okitsu getting the bigger focus on the dives was nice, if he can combine his uniqueness and the basics he got taught, he'll be a force.

Yoichi is crazy good.
Aug 10, 2017 11:20 AM
Sep 2014
L-Ryoshi said:
As expected, it took him less than half an episode to realize he's better off without his cheating ex.

He (Tomoki) must have a resolve like a Rock! Do you think?
Aug 10, 2017 11:43 AM
Mar 2013
im glad he got over his ex and again in front of reality he has more work ahead and there is still a long way to the top, at least now he got a motivation for reaching nr 1
Aug 10, 2017 12:10 PM

Jan 2008
Happy to see that Tomoki got over it and now he has no regrets. I'm not really disappointed or sad that he and Miu are no longer together but I still dislike the way the whole thing happened. I mean, her cheating on him while still in a relationship with him is distasteful and with his brother, no less. Well, I'd say they deserve each other. :p Tomoki is to blame as well as he never paid any attention to her but I still think she should have broken up with him before starting dating the brother.

I think Tomoki will most probably forgive his brother and Miu as he already moved on and has other more important things in his mind.
Aug 10, 2017 1:05 PM

Nov 2016
I still don't know if the relationship drama was even necessary..

Aside from that the episode was quite nice, first time that there was some action in this show.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 10, 2017 1:53 PM
May 2016
I think that Tomoki takes the best decision, focus on what he wants, more competitions (finally) now the story will get more interesting /o/ ...That cheating are very low, especially from Miu, if she really wasn't satisfied with the dating, just broke up and go ahead, and his brother is such an ASS, i had never seen a character with so much envy, pessimism and no sense of brotherhood (they are brothers, being idiot and rude JUST for a girl....do me a favor e-e) he is ridiculous

I expect that these 2 cheaters, be forgetten by the director and have no time screen, they already took precious minutes on the anime, causing unnecessary drama
Aug 10, 2017 2:08 PM

Apr 2012
I see some character development here. That's my shit.
Aug 10, 2017 2:25 PM
Jan 2016
FMmatron said:

Aside from episode count lol, personal growth i guess? especially emotional?
from Tomo in first episode who is just going with the flow, somewhat an airhead and also doing what he likes but doesn't have future plans nor a goal in life... to Tomo in this episode that now experiencing harsh reality, feels frustration, have strong resolve and goal
jin_raitoAug 10, 2017 2:41 PM
Aug 10, 2017 2:43 PM
Sep 2014
jin_raito said:
FMmatron said:

from Tomo in first episode who is just going with the flow, somewhat an airhead and also doing what he likes but doesn't have future plans nor a goal in life... to Tomo in this episode that now experiencing harsh reality, feels frustration, have strong resolve and goal

This anime is just keeps getting better and better. Especially with Tomo.
Aug 10, 2017 4:10 PM
Feb 2017
I really didn't expect to enjoy this anime that much. This episode was the best so far. They should have paid more attention to the first competition, especially to the jumps, but it was okay.

Main was finally dumped by his girlfriend and I'm glad he realized that their relationship wasn't a real one.
Aug 10, 2017 4:32 PM

Dec 2014
Pretty harsh advice from the coach regarding Miyu but considering that Tomo's interest in her was actually superficial she was absolutely right.

Competition came out of nowhere but it was pretty nice to watch.

Yoichi nabbed first as expected, Tomo got pretty decent results but it was nice to see him finally get into the spirit for competitiveness.
Aug 10, 2017 10:28 PM

Nov 2016
jin_raito said:
FMmatron said:

Well yeah since we're just halfway in I don't know where this will lead to, but so far it just appears as a cheap way to create some drama for me, the emotional growth could have been achieved with something more suitable for a show like this, maybe with a rival or a friendship which is suffering due to the competiveness. That said I wouldn't be against a relationship drama if it would've been executed better, unfortunately this isn't the case.

MC treating his girl like shit+ bro comes and does it better= drama... that's cheap imo.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 10, 2017 10:44 PM

Jun 2017
Didn't really like the relationship drama at the beginning.

The competition felt like it went by way too fast, but I'm happy Tomo wants to be number one.
Aug 10, 2017 10:52 PM

Apr 2016
I liked this episode. Tomo admitted that he was frustrated, not sad that Hiro and Miu are dating. Hiro and Miu are so lucky they didn't get punched, for cheating behind Tomo's back. -________- It was annoying that Miu cried...having her run out of the room must have confirmed that she and Hiro have kissed, huh? Thank goodness Hiro and Miu didn't watch Tomo's competition; I wouldn't want to see them there anyway.

I think Tomo’s relationship with Miu, and then having them break up badly, really allowed our protagonist to grow up. Asaki was right – Tomo didn’t care for Miu, because if he did, he would have treated his ex-girlfriend with much more care so that he would never lose her. Tomo was fine with the sacrifices he made – his studies, school clubs, and time to hang out with friends. Hiro has the life Tomo doesn’t have, so our diver was frustrated that his younger brother took away what was his – his girlfriend. X( Tomo realized he can't have everything. :/ But now, Tomo is more determined on diving and has no other priorities. Even though Tomo received fourth place in their diving competition, it’s very nice to see him want to be first place – he doesn’t just dive for fun anymore! :)

I like that Asaki acknowledged Yoichi’s strength, and Tomo’s talent. :) Tomo’s diamond eyes – the ability to lock in on his target(s) while he’s descending, really is unique. I look forward to seeing Tomo’s more polished performances, under Asaki’s guidance.

It was great to see Shibuki express his individuality during the competition, and even received cheers from the crowd! It was nice to see that people even pulled out their cell phones to take photos or film him. xD

It was nice to see that Yoichi encouraged Tomo in his own way. :) I look forward to seeing Tomo reach the top, and how his relationship with Yoichi will improve. <3
Aug 11, 2017 2:36 AM
Apr 2011
I hadn't seen the last 2 episodes and, although I expect this will happen, the middle part still was uncomfortable to see ( with the rain I thought he would fall and have an injury but the shoes in his house was all I needed to figure out the next scene).
HatsumiShinogu said:
I still think she should have broken up with him before starting dating the brother.
I thought that she would do that way.
JG21 said:
His brother is such an ASS
Indeed, although the brother said his intentions from the beginning and Tomoki didn't care.

It was good to see him achieved the dive and realized everything he has sacrificed, but I didn't expect a short competition, and besides the fast speed, I felt something was missing in the dive's scenes, specially in Tomoki's dive, it was ... plain(?).
Aug 11, 2017 3:32 AM

Sep 2007
Completely agree with Miu leaving Tomo because it wasn't a healthy relationship, mainly for her seeing as Tomo couldn't care less. But if you're unhappy and want to leave your partner at least tell them. Don't go behind their back and cheat on them, no matter how sad you are the relationship didn't work out. It's just a bitch move

L-Ryoshi said:
his twin brother has one of the most punchable faces out there.

This. Tomo's brother is an asshole who doesn't care about him or his sports career at all. Normally you'd expect siblings to be a bit more interested in a family member training to be a top level athlete. Not this guy though, 'cause pussy is obviously more important /eyeroll
HiinaMar 20, 2018 2:33 PM
Aug 11, 2017 8:07 AM

May 2017
HatsumiShinogu said:
Happy to see that Tomoki got over it and now he has no regrets. I'm not really disappointed or sad that he and Miu are no longer together but I still dislike the way the whole thing happened. I mean, her cheating on him while still in a relationship with him is distasteful and with his brother, no less. Well, I'd say they deserve each other. :p Tomoki is to blame as well as he never paid any attention to her but I still think she should have broken up with him before starting dating the brother.

I think Tomoki will most probably forgive his brother and Miu as he already moved on and has other more important things in his mind.

God I hope not, but yeah the opening sequence definitely implied that and that sucks. At least if he forgives them, the author should at least kill them both in an accident coz those two are scums
Aug 11, 2017 9:08 AM
Sep 2015

adapting light novel from 17 years ago to something that represent the nature of Diving sport, athlete dedicate their whole life for just 1.4 second performance, and Dive!! dedicate 97% of airtime for growing character and 3% to the competition

I can't wait to write a complete review for Dive, no less than 8 for me even as of now
Aug 11, 2017 3:40 PM

Sep 2014

No Bro Code!!!!
I would have broken his jaw. But how can you recover from your younger brother taking your girl?

Had she seen him without his shirt on, I think it would have gone differently...lol

So the fire in all their asses has been lit. The first competition is over. Now we are going to get some action going. This was a good episode. But I think the real winner was the soundtrack. Could you imagine this EP without it?
Aug 11, 2017 3:41 PM

Sep 2014
Oh yeah, who skips out on 2 weeks of practice only to come back and place 4th like their body didn't suffer?
#Never?AnimeLogic
Aug 11, 2017 6:46 PM
Jan 2016
Fredo_p said:
Oh yeah, who skips out on 2 weeks of practice only to come back and place 4th like their body didn't suffer?
#Never?AnimeLogic

He didn't binge eat while being depressed and he's always diving since childhood so it's somehow believable.
Aug 11, 2017 6:50 PM

Sep 2014
jin_raito said:
He didn't binge eat while being depressed and he's always diving since childhood so it's somehow believable.

You'd be surprised how much 2 weeks off can drastically affect a professional athlete. However, I was just messing around and I know better than to ever question anime logic.
Aug 11, 2017 7:01 PM
Jan 2016
Fredo_p said:
jin_raito said:

You'd be surprised how much 2 weeks off can drastically affect a professional athlete. However, I was just messing around and I know better than to ever question anime logic.

He probably did some of his individual training indoors. It's not like he had an urge to fap all day while being depressed over that drama.
Aug 11, 2017 7:10 PM

Sep 2014
jin_raito said:
He probably did some of his individual training indoors. It's not like he had an urge to fap all day while being depressed over that drama.

Sadly, I'm sure there's one out there with a scene like that...lol
Aug 11, 2017 7:25 PM
Jan 2016
Fredo_p said:
Sadly, I'm sure there's one out there with a scene like that...lol

yeah lol, sure there are folks out there will do that haha... but not with this kid Tomo, a diving nerd and probably didn't even fancy his girlfriend..
with too much stamina of a growing teenager and an athlete, he can't just lay down and sleep
Aug 11, 2017 7:43 PM

Sep 2014
jin_raito said:
yeah lol, sure there are folks out there will do that haha... but not with this kid Tomo, a diving nerd and probably didn't even fancy his girlfriend..
with too much stamina of a growing teenager and an athlete, he can't just lay down and sleep

You do know what this whole girlfriend mess up means don't you?......

Yuri on Dive!!!!
Aug 11, 2017 8:05 PM
Jan 2016
Fredo_p said:
You do know what this whole girlfriend mess up means don't you?......

Yuri on Dive!!!!

LOL.. honestly, i'm hoping it will lead to that since episode 1 haha.. especially now that Tomo wants to be on top even though he's obviously the Uke.. that's more interesting than YoI xD
Aug 11, 2017 8:25 PM

Sep 2014
jin_raito said:
especially now that Tomo wants to be on top

Fan girls be like..
Aug 12, 2017 1:45 AM

Jun 2016
Holy shit. Finally,  a competition finally happened. It's about damn time!

Proud of everyone in this episode.

That part with the girlfriend and her crying was so fucking lame. Idgaf about her anymore. Lol.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Aug 12, 2017 6:40 AM

Jan 2015
What an asshole of a brother, disgusting traitor. What pissed me off is that he didnt even feel guilty about himself and tried to make his brother feel guilty that he didnt pay much attention to his gf. Perhaps worst kind of scum are those people who a really horrible and awful thing but then they try to make someone feel guilty so he wouldnt feel guilty himself.
So is that what a real brother does? Oh my brother and his gf have a rocky relationship or had a conflict. LOOK AT ME i'll go and comfort his gf when she feels bad and lonely and then after they cheated he will go and tell his brother that it was all his fault. ??????????????????? I didnt even watch the rest of the episode yet but i really hope MC goes FULL OTHELLO on his brother and that gf (who is also by no means innocent)
Aug 12, 2017 12:02 PM

Mar 2016
Damn coach... what he do girl?

But Tomo getting real serious!!! I'm loving this.
UrbanJahtsAug 12, 2017 12:27 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2017 8:35 PM

Feb 2016
Can somebody please tell me why the divers have the shimmery blue streak along the sides of their bodies?? like why
Aug 13, 2017 12:09 AM

Oct 2008
That's right Tomoki! just aim for the top and dump that trash Miu who isn't faithful to him and Tomoki isn't in-love to begin with!
4/5.

Aug 13, 2017 10:10 AM

Jul 2016
Yeah, I get that he was ignoring his girlfriend. Still, what her and his brother did was terrible. And that girl had the audacity to even cry, as if she's the victim. I hate drama.

This episode was really good, if you exclude all the dramatic stuff at the beginning.
Aug 15, 2017 7:12 AM
Mar 2012
At least... breakup before ntring, what a trash new couple.
Osts awesome.
Yoichi dives are great. Rip entry. Still not seeing Okitsu's 'personality' vs flop.
Go Pinky!!
Aug 15, 2017 9:20 AM

Nov 2013
Exhalant said:
Can somebody please tell me why the divers have the shimmery blue streak along the sides of their bodies?? like why

i think it is the reflex of the water, not sure why tho, it looks strange lol
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Aug 17, 2017 8:58 PM

Sep 2015
Dam glad he didn't give up cause of a girl problem in the end.
Aug 20, 2017 8:22 AM

Dec 2016
Tomoki don't get frustrated just because your girlfriend left you.
You already have Youichi!!
Sep 18, 2017 6:37 AM

Dec 2016
Oh good! The competition started *-* I felt the excitement all over me when I see all the divers do their best jumps :D

It was nice to know that Tomoki didn't give up what he loves most just because of some girl :/

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Sep 25, 2017 10:04 PM
Mar 2014
NTR animeee
dropped it afterwards

More topics from this board

» Gay undertones?

Surpuppa - Jul 6, 2017

22 by quercifolia »»
Dec 10, 2023 2:47 AM

Poll: » Dive!! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2017

16 by Animillion »»
Jun 9, 2021 8:59 PM

Poll: » Dive!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2017

96 by Ant161718 »»
Nov 6, 2019 5:32 PM

Poll: » Dive!! Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2017

37 by Silent_Four-Eyes »»
Dec 18, 2018 1:28 AM

Poll: » Dive!! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2017

17 by Silent_Four-Eyes »»
Dec 8, 2018 11:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.