Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 11, 2017 3:59 PM

Apr 2015
This ought to be fun.

In my experience, dissenting opinions generate a ton of interesting discussion, so I want yours. What opinion about anime (Shows or in general) do you have that you know other people won't agree with and argue with you over?

Mine would have to be that Clannad isn't the best Key anime.

Explaining my scoring system would take more than 650 characters.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 11, 2017 4:09 PM

Mar 2017
I've got quite a few, actually.

Despite the 5.83 rating, Battery is actually a really good show.
Sakurada Reset is also decent.
Blame the movie sucked.
AnoHana's over-rated
Charlotte's REALLY over-rated
Death Parade's main cast was really boring
Masamune-kun no Revenge is worse than Hand Shakers
SAO was more entertaining to watch than The King's Avatar (that animation tho)
Emilia was best girl
Say 'I love you' was horrible
In Steins Gate, Mayuri was best girl not Makise!!
catherine-tAug 11, 2017 4:13 PM
Aug 11, 2017 4:10 PM

Jul 2015
.Best girl never wins (and maybe will never)
."elitists anime" are boring
.there is not even a single good thing about tsundere characters
.modern anime are not bad compared to old anime
Aug 11, 2017 4:18 PM

Nov 2013
Shirobako wasn't that good
One Punch Man is better than LoGH
Macross > Gundam
Toradora was trash
Maison Ikkoku is the best romance/drama ever made
Kawai Kenji > Yoko Kanno
Sometimes the dub is better than Japanese
Aug 11, 2017 4:19 PM

Apr 2017
Angel Beats is crap
Your Lie in April is crap
Monogatari series is crap
Danmachi is crap
To Love Ru is crap
Baka Test is crap
Kyoukai no Kanata is crap
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo is crap
Toradora is crap
Aug 11, 2017 4:22 PM
Jun 2017
Full Metal Crybabies Alchemist isn't that good.

Overlord is the best 'MMO' style anime

Neon Genesis Evangelion was REALLY bad (mainly the philosophical babble in the second half)

Halloween is better than Christmas SAO is a good beginner series

Good dub is always better than Japanese.
Adi-BuddhaAug 11, 2017 4:26 PM
Aug 11, 2017 4:24 PM
Jun 2017
harshtruth said:
Angel Beats is crap
Your Lie in April is crap
Monogatari series is crap
Danmachi is crap
To Love Ru is crap
Baka Test is crap
Kyoukai no Kanata is crap
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo is crap
Toradora is crap

Never seen it
You bastard lol
I guess it's a hit or miss
AGREED
Never seen it
Never seen it
Definitely crap
Never seen it
The worst right?
Aug 11, 2017 4:25 PM
Aug 2017
Code Geass and Re:Zero are shitty pretentious shows full of plotholes
Aug 11, 2017 4:29 PM

May 2014
catherine-t said:

Blame the movie sucked.
AnoHana's over-rated
Emilia was best girl
The only one out of those I find hard to believe is that Masamune-kun's Revenge is worse than Hand Shakers. I think @CodeBlazeFate is the best candidate to attest to this.
Aug 11, 2017 4:32 PM

Apr 2016
Ericonator said:
catherine-t said:

Blame the movie sucked.
AnoHana's over-rated
Emilia was best girl
The only one out of those I find hard to believe is that Masamune-kun's Revenge is worse than Hand Shakers. I think @CodeBlazeFate is the best candidate to attest to this.
Haven't seen it but I automatically agree.
CodeBlazeFateSep 13, 2017 6:45 AM
Aug 11, 2017 4:34 PM

Jul 2017
I didn't like Evangelion all that much..

Crying doesn't mean you're weak.
Enduring doesn't mean you're strong.
Aug 11, 2017 4:39 PM
Apr 2016
Mine is probably:

- Evangelion 3.0 is the best thing to ever come out of the Evangelion franchise, without a second of doubt.

- Gunbuster is preety meh, especially the first 3 episodes, those suck hard, the action is decent in the second half so that makes the show kinda watchable.

- Plastic memories is trash.
Aug 11, 2017 4:44 PM

Jun 2011
Exploitation anime is kewl.
Culture notes (preferably toggle-able separate from the subs) and honorifics should be in subs. Yuri on Ice being a perfect recent example of an anime that was in desperate need of culture notes to be understood. Because some things just can't be translated.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Aug 11, 2017 4:48 PM

Jul 2016
Baccano was a snoozefest
Anime movies are rarely as interesting as TV series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2017 4:56 PM

Jul 2017
YOI is the most overrated anime of all time
Aug 11, 2017 5:01 PM

Apr 2013
Love Live! has the worst writing I have seen in all of Anime, don't even get me started with Sunshine!! reusing the plot of the 1st series, it's saddening to know Japan views it as one of the best Anime of all time (like ugh, at this point I'm thinking the international Anime fanbase has better taste than Japan because of this, btw Aikatsu! is best Idol Anime of all time)

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Aug 11, 2017 5:02 PM

May 2014

- Hataraku Maou Sama! is overrated, I don't even know where the good part is.
- Mononoke is the best horror show ever
- I want Tales of the Abyss to be remade with good art style as Tales of Zestiria
- Xxxholic is actually good even if the characters design is similar as spaghetti
- The best manga is Doraemon
- I'm quite satisfied with Persona 3 adaptation
- I sleep when I watch SAO second cour
- The only reason why Gintama sequels are in the top 10 is that normal viewer won't continue to watch the sequel if they don't like the first one.
SmugdearAug 11, 2017 5:11 PM
“Be the heroine of your life, not the victim.”
"Just don't overdo it"
*nods*
Aug 11, 2017 5:06 PM
Sep 2016
pgmhecateii said:
That I am tired of seeing this type of thread.
Okay, whatever, here goes.

Angel Beats, Clannad, Shigatsu were not enough to make me cry.

So what was enough to make u cry ??...
Aug 11, 2017 5:09 PM

Jun 2015
Melodramas are fucking awful(especially Shigatsu).
Action anime are boring.
DessssyAug 11, 2017 5:12 PM
:)
Aug 11, 2017 5:09 PM

May 2015
Yay Listing Thread!

Blarey said:

Macross > Gundam

I love you.
Kawai Kenji > Yoko Kanno

Never mind... Lol JK. Both are good, but I'm siding with Kanno because of Frontier, Plus, and Stand Alone Complex.

Alright, let's get started!

Clannad: Mou Hitotsu no Sekai, Tomoyo-Hen > After Story
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso is weak sauce.
Sword Art Online is not the worst anime ever made...but it's not the best anime ever made either...
Kuzu no Honkai and Netsuzou TRap are some of the best anime this year.
Anime written by Gen Urobuchi make good sleeping aids.
Sin: Nanatsu no Taizai was actually fun to watch.
Japanese Goku > English Goku
Aug 11, 2017 5:12 PM

Dec 2015
-Plastic memories is shit
-QZGS is shit (the first episode at least)
-Parsyte the maxim is not great
-Re:Zero is shit
-Stardust crusaders is good but as far as JoJo parts go it's almost the worst, second only to Phantom blood
-Clannad and Clannad After story are the only sad anime worth watching as everything else isn't actually sad
Aug 11, 2017 5:14 PM

May 2017
Anime from the past century aren't better than modern anime, and even if they're good they burn my eyes, elitist nostalgia cant be cured.

SAO was enjoyable and not as bad as people say it is (at least the first half) and still one of the best shows to watch as a first show

Ecchi/harem is boring, pointless, and sometimes disgusting

The plot and all the technical BS behind anime doesnt matter as long as you had a good time watching

Someone should force the damn lazy ass who writes Hunter x Hunter to keep writing and never stop because it's the best show ever

Code Geass: Fukkatsu no Lelouch won't be a forced sequel or a failure and yes they were right to "spoil" everyone in the title, I dont want another MC coing out of nowhere anyway
Kawaii-KilluaAug 11, 2017 5:19 PM
Hunter x Hunter best anime and Killua Zoldyck best boy <3 Addicted to cute shotas and teens with special powers in fantasy manga and manhua
Aug 11, 2017 5:15 PM

Feb 2013
saint luminous holds a candle to utena and the likes

most other opinion in thread i heard before
Aug 11, 2017 5:15 PM
Sep 2016
Kimi no na wa , ano ha na , OPM , mob 100 , r all overrated
Ur lie in april can't be comapred with clannad
There a lot of characters who don't deserve their rank in top character list like:( kurito , asuna , rem )
Both of L and light are a bit overranked in the list
Aug 11, 2017 5:33 PM

Jan 2017
I was glad when

SAO is pretty decent. Kirito is not the worst thing about it, and the fact that people say he doesn't have a character baffles me. (Hint: it's mostly well-hidden PTSD.)

Fate/Zero Berserker might have a shot at beating Fate/Stay Night Berserker in a fight.

Kill la Kill is a mecha show in disguise and no-one will convince me otherwise.

Owarimonogatari is the best entry in the Monogatari series so far. On that subject, I'm indifferent towards Senjougahara.
Maurice_5Aug 12, 2017 6:52 AM
Aug 11, 2017 5:44 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
The Fairy Dance arc in SAO is much much, better than Aincrad in the anime adaptation. I actually legit like the second arc, although I do prefer Aincrad in the LNs, but the way that Aincrad was adapted from LN to anime feels like a complete joke to me with how heavily they disjointed it with a bunch of timeskips by just pulling things from all around the series and pasting it together and trying to call it a coherent arc.

To be fair, it was a difficult thing to adapt properly, given that the entire story is basically told in volume 1 and volume 2 is basically side stories, so I can sort of feel like I understand why they did it that way - to draw it out and give the Aincrad arc a full adaptation in a way that would work better within an animated narrative rather than text, because adapting it literally would've been nonsensical because you'd basically have the arc end around episode 6 or 7 and then continue with 7 episodes of side stories and adventures in Aincrad.

But it's still just...dogshit. They pulled stuff from all over - episode 1 wasn't the legitimate introduction as much as just the first event that took place in order, the second episode is from a spin-off series, there's a side story found in volume 8, and the result is just something that has a ton of timeskips instead of a narrative relayed mostly through flashbacks.

It does sort of dampen the arc for me, because while I did find it to be worst arc when I watched the anime, when I checked out the LNs I actually thought it was pretty great and on par with how I felt about the rest of the series as opposed to a bit of a pain in the ass to watch, like was in the anime.

------

I do not like Hiroyuki Imaishi. I don't really go into hyperbole when I express my issues with his works, but it feels like if I didn't want to be reasonable it'd be really easy to just stomp around going "I hate this I hate this wah wah wah" like the kind of people who annoy me.

That said, I do like TTGL, albeit it had the same things that annoyed me with all of his other series, it was infectiously uplifting and impossible for me to not get caught up in its rhythym.

I do *not* like Kill la Kill, though. While I could tolerate a lot of aspects in TTGL about how unnecessarily brash and obnoxious it was because it felt like it couldn't have been the same/or better any other way, all of the charming aspects about TTGL's relentless optimism and drunken embracement of idealism were kind of sucked out of it for some story that was less acute and just had a bunch of obtuse aspects working together that I didn't give an iota of a fuck about. While I found Nonon and Nui cute, their personalities/characterization were things that managed to be so, so painfully forgettable to me that I can only describe Nui as "psycho cute" and Nonon as "smug cute." I liked the Muscly guy and the guy who sewed his eyes shut as characters, but aside from those two I found very little to really reach out and grab me on top of just generally being obnoxious and loud as fuck, which got annoying quickly whenever I just couldn't latch onto it somehow.

But what I find most egregious with KLK is that it tried to be an ecchi series and managed to frame so little in a way that was anything except reserved. Ironically, for as much as people praise it for its symbolism or depth, this is the only time I felt insulted as an audience member over the ecchi in something because it most definitely tried to be there and exist - it was a key aspect to the series itself, ffs - and at the same time the way it was shot and framed felt like the guy who was in charge of that did absolutely nothing to draw out the best aspects of sexualizing a good looking body and instead just seemed to work under a stupid belief that just getting close to the characters and having their boobs be in the shot, having skin showing so often without doing much with it, and throwing in just lewd positions and shots without doing much in the way of framing them in a way that could draw out those aspects best.

Maybe I'm just especially harsh on it because it had the audacity to give me this speech:

You cling to the puritanical views of the masses, proving just how inferior you are! But I won’t be ashamed! If it means I can fulfill my ambitions, I will bare my breasts for all to see! I will do whatever it takes! For I know that my actions are utterly pure!

And then just responded with a giant "¯\_(ツ)_/¯" whenever it tried to follow up on it.

I mean, fuck, the worst part is that the most extreme examples I can pull can literally be remedied by something as simple as just taking on a better camera angle, but they don't.

Like, for instance:

You've got the underboob going on, you've got the crotch riding up, you've got the legs spread, so you're clearly trying to do something with this - and for fuck's sake, all you can give me is facing directly at it? You can't do anything else? No moving the camera up to give a looking down view at the upskirt or anything? Nothing?

I mean, yeah, I'm being more demanding here than I normally would be, but I'm being demanding because it tried to fucking tell me so often that "hurr durr i have no shame i am so shameless and lewd" like it was reciting the fucking bible to me. So I guess, the way to summarize my feelings would be kind of like, "you're going to shit the bed with all of this loud, over the top, and obnoxious crap, and speeches about baring yourself for the world to see, and this is how you're so consistently going to follow up on it? With so little?"

"Hurr durr, look, she's so sexy, look at her, we're telling you she's sexy because you probably wouldn't be able to tell this was an ecchi shot otherwise."

"Hurr hurr, even in the most cliché cases where characters talk about how sexy a character is, you can remove that and still see where it'd be service, but not here, lololol"

It's just ass in shimapan panties. They give it shit all, too, and I feel like it'd be more important here because it looks oddly shaped compared to the more serviceable anime ass, but nah. You just get to see where her ass crack isn't even a full crack, it just looks like it got fused together somehow instead.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee. Fun.

I do feel like it had its moments (few and far between, but still existent) but most of it was abysmal as ecchi from my point of view. I'd probably be more forgiving if it wasn't for what it felt like it was trying rather desperately to set itself up as, but it did get my expectations up by quite a bit and then blew them down like the goddamn Hindenburg in this regard.

It really pisses me off how this is so often pointed to as the great compromise between having ecchi in something while still not just being mostly for the audience like myself, because the majority of the ecchi here is just crap and I do not want this becoming anywhere close to being the standard. I might even bring it up alongside Eromanga-sensei as the antithesis of how I want ecchi to be. I want it to be shameless and overt - not reserved like in Eromanga or reserved with the facade of not being reserved like in KLK.

It's kind of ridiculous that they have this show where embracing exhibitionism and not caring about what the people around you see as a major plot point for the protagonist powering up, and a lot of the time they did the most bland and safe ways of putting the sexual aspects of the series on the table. It would've under-delivered if I had my expectations set at average in this regard, so god forbid whenever it tried to build it up so heavily.

Also, that shit about it being important to the narrative is ridiculous. By this logic, Masou Gakuen HxH has ecchi that is completely pivotal to the narrative because making with the sexy times is how they power up to fight their enemies. If you like the way KLK used its fanservice. I implore you to go watch that one and come and tell me what you think, because it's basically the same fucking thing >_>

Panty and Stocking just annoyed me and I wanted absolutely nothing to do with it past the first half episode. It gave me a teeth grinding headache and I just had no interest in even bothering with it. So I didn't past the first half of the first episode and that's all there is to it.

Inferno Cop just didn't go into the "so stupid it's fun" territory for me like it seems to do with most others. Sorry. It just stayed in the "this is dumb and annoying" territory.

So yeah. The gist of it is that he's got a distinct style that carries over from show to show and the greatest issue is that I find his style obnoxious - so really, it's just not for me - but the only thing I take issue with past "this just isn't for me" is KLK's use of ecchi just being the equivalent of some guy talking about how tough he is only to get his ass completely kicked by the first guy he fought.
ManabanAug 11, 2017 6:24 PM

Aug 11, 2017 5:52 PM
Jun 2016
Imo, I just couldn't cry with Grave of the fireflies and all the hype surrounding it, and i really hated the boy mc.
Aug 11, 2017 6:01 PM
Feb 2017
death note and your lie in april are kinda boring
one punch man and yuri on ice had the same problem for me ( the skating/fights take too much time and some of it would have been better used for character interactions)
masamune-kun no revenge is very bad
slice of life/moe anime are nice

Aug 11, 2017 6:04 PM
Jul 2017
FMAB and Gintama is garbage, eromanga is the real quality
Aug 11, 2017 6:05 PM

Aug 2017
Neon Genesis Evangelion was a let down for me. I didn't understand the critical claim and philosophical aspect of it. I was quite confused and was asking questions through out. What is an angel (not your typical christian angels)? Where did they come from? What was the significance of having Adam? What happened at the end of the series? This show was way too deep for me.

Also...SAO is overrated.

Aug 11, 2017 6:08 PM
Feb 2016
SAO and Log Horizon are equal in quality.

Attack on Titan is passable but nothing more

Your Name is not Makoto Shinkai's Magnum Opus

Serial Experiments Lain is needlessly convoluted, incomprehensible and hard to care about

Yuri Kuma Arashi is better than Mawaru Penguindrum

Only Yesterday is truly more emotional and better than Grave of the Fireflies

Code Geass R1 is by far superior to R2

Aug 11, 2017 6:12 PM

Feb 2017
i think ero manga sensie was good and i think akami ga kill is the stupidest manga around
Aug 11, 2017 6:13 PM
Dec 2013
That Samurai Champloo is better than Cowboy Bebop.
Aug 11, 2017 6:19 PM
Jul 2018
I think most people's unpopular opinions are actually popular.

Stop acting like hipsters.
Aug 11, 2017 6:22 PM

Sep 2015
Clannad sucks ass.

The Devil is a Part Timer isn't funny.

Aug 11, 2017 6:24 PM

Apr 2016
Darek said:
I think most people's unpopular opinions are actually popular.

Stop acting like hipsters.

PREACH.
I'm getting tired to see these kinds of threads when obviously we'll always have different opinions.
"You are not the brightest banana in the bunch, are ya kid? (...) These kids just keep getting weirder."
Aug 11, 2017 6:24 PM

Nov 2011
I think there are different levels you can go to with "unpopular".

On the first level there are controversial opinions that are actually popular on multiple sides but get labeled as "unpopular" by the holders of those opinions because they confuse controversy and acceptance with unpopularity and popularity. Virtually any opinion on well known series like NGE, SAO, Kill la Kill, Clannad, etc. will fall in this camp, as will most stances on subs vs. dubs, cel animation vs. digital animation, those who generally like harem/ecchi vs. those who don't, and so on.

On the second level you have opinions that are unpopular in the general community but are popular in sub-communities. I have a few like this, both positive and negative. For an example on the positive side, Heartcatch Precure! is my current favorite action-oriented anime of all time. Although that's an unpopular view in a general sense, within the Precure fandom Heartcatch is definitely one of the most popular favorites despite also being slightly controversial for being rather "different" from a lot of other Precures. For an example on the negative side, I found Shigatsu to be an outright offensive story, and while that is (unfortunately) far from the common perception of it, there is definitely a notable sub-community that hates the show for its grossly inaccurate and harmful portrayal of overcoming abuse. Most opinions concerning how good specific Ghibli films are probably fall in this category too.

Beyond that you have the third level, what I consider to be "actually" or "truly" unpopular opinions. 'Stuff like thinking an anime with a couple thousand completions (or fewer) on MAL is one of the greatest anime of all time. I don't believe I have any opinions on that level.
TripleSRankAug 11, 2017 6:49 PM
Aug 11, 2017 6:25 PM

Aug 2017
Okay i will give the overrated anime for me but i watched other crappy/average animes and almost everybody agrees so i didn't put it here okay first i will start with

Anohana (Overrated don't get me wrong it wasn't bad but it isn't "if anyone watch it he will cry prepare a box of tissue) my eyes didn't even water

Kimi no na wa ( OVERRATED the 1th anime in MAL hell no it was good but not that level better than FMAB hell no the art was breathtaking but guys not 1th anime )

Byousoku 5 centimeters(overrated it is a realistic but i was enjoying it until the ending came WHAT?? The ending was baddd i feel sorry to the people who can relate but it is not great as people say )

Ao haru ride(OVERRATED why is it sooo overrated even my brother *who only knows naruto one piece tokyo goul FMAB* knows it yes yes it was drama but it is AVERAGE romance/Slice of life anime

One punch man(TOOOOOOO OVERRATED) it is not bad but it is not amazing as people say it is average not special anime people give 10 out of 10 WHAAAT???? And everybody is hyped about the 2 season it is not amazing but good

Black rock shooter(one of the worst shows i watched it is second lowest score in my list )

Hotarubi no mori e (OVERRATED guys it is not sad anime that will surly make you cry i didn't even feel sad so how about if I cry it was good but so expected

Hyouka(SOOOO OVERRATED) the art was good but the mystery part was horrible and not exiting and every ep is a new story ??? I even dropped it half way but my friend pushed me to watch it and as I expected IT WAS DISAPPOINTING

Yes that is almost everything overrated things i watched i think
BlanchyAug 11, 2017 6:50 PM
Aug 11, 2017 6:27 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
fanservice always makes anime better

anime that focus on fanservice aren't bad

anime that don't focus on story/plot/character development aren't bad

etc..

yall know by now.. lol
Aug 11, 2017 6:30 PM

May 2017
- Byousoko 5 Centimeter felt like a pointless watch.
- Bokura Ga Ita is outright terrible.
- Tsukiuta. The Animation is only tolerable for the music and cast; everything else is bad.
- Dance With Devils needs ironic appreciation.
- Servamp was too predictable.
- Death Note was a drag after episode 25. I hated the characters.
- I didn't enjoy how much time was spent on the side characters from Yuri!!! On ICE. Would've been fine if it stuck with the main three.
- Masamune-kun No Revenge was a letdown.

the universe has moved for us
there wasn’t even a little miss
Aug 11, 2017 6:46 PM

Apr 2016
Sword Art Online is flawed, but not terrible.
Aug 11, 2017 6:50 PM
Mar 2016
Mine are:

1. Death Note was never that great to begin with.
2. Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress was better than Attack on Titan.
3. Bubuki Buranki was the best show of 2016.
4. Ghost in the Shell: Innocence was better than the first movie.
5. Guilty Crown was a pretty good show.
6. Psycho-Pass 2 was a good series.
7. Shelter was good, but not amazing.
8. Attack on Titan Season 2 was better than Season 1.
9. Sword Art Online is actually pretty decent.
10. A Certain Magical Index is WAY better than Railgun.
11. Yu-Gi-Oh! GX and Zexal are both better than the original series.
12. Madhouse are not the best studio (they are largely hit or miss, mostly miss).
13. Initial D was really boring and had terrible character designs.
14. Black Butler was pretty bad (mostly wasted potential and ruined by it's unneeded comedy).
15. Sonic X is the best Sonic show.
Aug 11, 2017 6:52 PM

Nov 2014
You do realise not liking a popular show instantly be registered here right? Even so, most "unpopular opinions" are at least shared by a huge huge minority, so stop pretending to be special. I could generate a huge list of "XXX was garbage" but that would be hyperbolic to a point of lying.

1. Almost never hating shows, it's usually just a sense of indifference. I just don't get how people find such passion to hate shows. Sure I'm always annoyed at certain aspects of the show, but never found the need to describe it as "I HATE XXX". I'd rather just spend the time moving on to a possibly better show than nitpick on it and exaggerating my annoyance of an anime.

2. Not having a waifu. Well at least within the circles of MAL it would be considered weird. I'm still not even sure if the whole waifu thing is just a huge inside joke. I just don't even remotely consider an anime character as a romantic interest.... is that weird?

3. Excluding myself from the hype train. I look at the next season's airing list like 1 day before the season airs. At most there would be like 1 series which I stumbled across and thought it'll probably be the season's most hilarious "I don't give a shit anymore" batshit crazy comedy like Noucome and Ore ni Twintails ni Narimasu. I don't know why people get so excited... every season a few promising shows crash and burn, while some anime I've never considered watching turned out good. I don't get what is it that people still find the energy to get to worked up over, which I often see gets converted into disappointment and anger as the season progresses

^^^I think almost all MAL users would at least disagree with 1 of the 3 I've stated, which is why I bothered stating them. Sadly I think they are 3 pretty rational things to do, yet I can never find anyone who remotely are like that.
BurningSpiritAug 11, 2017 7:04 PM
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Aug 11, 2017 7:07 PM

Apr 2016
BurningSpirit said:
You do realise not liking a popular show instantly be registered here right? Even so, most "unpopular opinions" are at least shared by a huge huge minority, so stop pretending to be hipsters. I could generate a huge list of "XXX was garbage" but that would be hyperbolic and also a lie.

1. Almost never hating shows, it's usually just a sense of indifference. I just don't get how people find such passion to hate shows. Sure I'm always annoyed at certain aspects of the show, but never found the need to describe it as "I HATE XXX". I'd rather just spend the time moving on to a possibly better show than nitpick on it and exaggerating my annoyance of an anime.

3. Excluding myself from the hype train. I look at the next season's airing list like 1 day before the season airs. At most there would be like 1 series which I stumbled across and thought it'll probably be the season's most hilarious "I don't give a shit anymore" batshit crazy comedy like Noucome and Ore ni Twintails ni Narimasu. I don't know why people get so excited... every season a few promising shows crash and burn, while some anime I've never considered watching turned out good. I don't get what is it that people still find the energy to get to worked up over, which I often see gets converted into disappointment and anger as the season progresses

Thank you! I thought I was the only one. Finally someone here says it. I think i have regained some faith in the anime community.
Aug 11, 2017 7:12 PM
Apr 2016
Idk if this is and unpopular opinion. But I really hate Another's OP. It sounds so bad! I really can't stand it (I think it was the only OP in any anime that I skipped. I could be wrong but I can't remember hating other OP more than this one)
Mmmm... I don't know about other stuffs.
Orange is a really bad show.
Idk how to feel about the third Madoka Magica movie. I think that the show was really good without that movie :/ Homura was my fav character and in this movie she was just... meh. The art and sound are really good but it's just the story and the characters.
Aug 11, 2017 7:17 PM

Oct 2012
I love Death Note's second half

Sophie97G said:
Idk if this is and unpopular opinion. But I really hate Another's OP.
There are a lot of people who hate Ali Project
Aug 11, 2017 7:17 PM

Oct 2014
shirobako is boring, its cast of characters are mediocre, the commentary on the industry is the only thging it has going for it
Aug 11, 2017 7:20 PM
Apr 2016
jayss said:
I love Death Note's second half

Sophie97G said:
Idk if this is and unpopular opinion. But I really hate Another's OP.
There are a lot of people who hate Ali Project

I was looking the page of the band in MAL and yes, I read comments about that.
In my case, I don't judge all theirs songs because I haven't heard them. Just the Another's OP
And, I have to say this: I really love Death Note's second half too hahahaha.
Aug 11, 2017 7:22 PM

Sep 2016
Anime with over 50 episodes are not worth watching.
Any show that has that many episodes is not there to tell you a story or do anything significant with your time.

Long shows like this are pointless to watch. they are clearly made to be endless cash cows milked until people stop watching them. intentionally creating an open ended world leading to episodic crap.

Filled to the brim with boring inconsistent filler as well, Naruto being the worst case of this I've ever seen.

Eventually they exist so long they recycle the same plots in different episodes. or the character do SO much stuff that it completely destroys the notion that they are even characters anymore and not interchangeable dolls

Code geass could have been slimmed down to half as many episodes.

If you just like Action and fight scenes or whatever, then ignore my opinion.
and there are exceptions to this.
I don't care.
Aug 11, 2017 7:30 PM

Oct 2012
The_Fat_Punisher said:
Anime with over 50 episodes are not worth watching.
Any show that has that many episodes is not there to tell you a story or do anything significant with your time.

Long shows like this are pointless to watch. they are clearly made to be endless cash cows milked until people stop watching them. intentionally creating an open ended world leading to episodic crap.

Filled to the brim with boring inconsistent filler as well, Naruto being the worst case of this I've ever seen.

Eventually they exist so long they recycle the same plots in different episodes. or the character do SO much stuff that it completely destroys the notion that they are even characters anymore and not interchangeable dolls

Code geass could have been slimmed down to half as many episodes.

you can definitely make this argument on some particular series but every show with over 50 episodes? you know that can't be true, or maybe you're not willing to find out
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hentai Tags ( 1 2 )

HentaixxHunter - May 16, 2022

87 by NubFix »»
15 seconds ago

» Anime Time Capsule

eli_shmeli - 11 minutes ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
51 seconds ago

Poll: » Do you think girl on girl (yuri / GL / shoujo ai) is hot?

Bakchos - Aug 15, 2019

41 by Sigma- »»
1 minute ago

» Characters that ya think are a Genderbent You

IpreferEcchi - Yesterday

15 by IpreferEcchi »»
3 minutes ago

» Do you like when anime acknowledges the presence of the camera or screen?

WatchTillTandava - 12 minutes ago

1 by Zarutaku »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.