Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 4, 2017 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well this was interesting. Even the elderly has their reasons for vengeance...

Such a fucked up world tbh with a home that abuses the elderly. The punishment session was my favorite part near the end :D
Aug 4, 2017 10:36 AM

Oct 2016
Probably my favorite episode so far. It was bittersweet...
Aug 4, 2017 10:49 AM

May 2012
Oh wow, Tsugumi? Wonder if she'll be a recurring character this season or if this episode is an exception.

The episode was pretty messed up with all the abuse to the elderly. Was hoping Sakura wouldn't go through with it, but it looked like she was forced to in the end. Seems like Tsugumi's plan to involve the law or bring the crimes done there to light was too late.

I was wondering, but did Sakura appear in a previous season? I don't remember, but just asking since she mentioned how she used to have a teacher like him when she was younger.

Aug 4, 2017 11:05 AM
Aug 2017
MikazukiRanbu said:

i disagree this episode to me is ok, because it's not as bad from the last week's episode, that episode sucks so bad, about the whole family problems
Aug 4, 2017 11:30 AM
Jun 2016
So who is the inverse hellgirl? Is she someone new to this season, or someone from previous? I'm only watching this and season 1 so don't know if she's showed up elsewhere.
Aug 4, 2017 11:53 AM
Oct 2010
Scenes with Wanyuudou and the old lady were so cute. This episode felt like an excellent breather after the last episode.
Aug 4, 2017 11:56 AM
Jul 2016
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BURNED. And here i thought Tsugumi would do nothing in this episode. Thankfully that wasn't the case in the end.

By far my favorite episode of this season. I have two questions though.

What exactly did Tsugumi do for Sakura? It looked like she was holding a voice recorder or something like that.

Is that waterfall in the painting supposed to be the village Ai grew up? If so, nice little reference.

Deen, you have messed up the transformation sequences for both Wanyuudou and Honne Onna. At least let Ren kiss his pendant like he's supposed to...
MouloxasAug 4, 2017 12:12 PM
Aug 4, 2017 12:01 PM

Aug 2008
I wish Tsugumi will get more screen time and role this season.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Aug 4, 2017 12:06 PM
Jul 2016
Olem said:
I was wondering, but did Sakura appear in a previous season? I don't remember, but just asking since she mentioned how she used to have a teacher like him when she was younger.

No, this was her first appearance.

wolfwing said:
So who is the inverse hell girl? Is she someone new to this season, or someone from previous seasons? I'm only watching this and season 1 so don't know if she's showed up elsewhere.

If you are talking about the little girl in the green dress, she is a new character. You could say she is the MC of this season
Aug 4, 2017 12:32 PM
Jun 2016
Mouloxas said:
Olem said:

No, this was her first appearance.

wolfwing said:
So who is the inverse hell girl? Is she someone new to this season, or someone from previous seasons? I'm only watching this and season 1 so don't know if she's showed up elsewhere.

If you are talking about the little girl in the green dress, she is a new character. You could say she is the MC of this season

Yeah her, she kinda feels like a reverse/inverse hellgirl simular things, but less dark why I was wondering.
Aug 4, 2017 12:57 PM
Jul 2016
wolfwing said:
Mouloxas said:

Yeah her, she kinda feels like a reverse/inverse hell girl simular thing, but less dark, why I was wondering.

Well, we don't know as of yet, but she probably has the potential to become Hell Girl much like Yuzuki, the MC of season 3.
Aug 4, 2017 2:48 PM

Mar 2012
No matter how many times i watched this show it always leaves a bitter taste in my mouth even when the show gets good.

Well at least the punishment this time was actually justified. Such a shame really so close to going to heaven.

As for what tsugumi did. she had recorded all the actual conversations and abuse the manager and abusive staff members were talkin behind their back so they will be exposed and the other abusers who were not sent to hell will be sacked and maybe even arrested. Still such a shame for the poor old lady tough :(
Aug 4, 2017 3:27 PM

Oct 2014
I still hate Tsugumi.
Aug 4, 2017 3:50 PM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
these last 2 episodes were really sad.

Though Wanyudo blushing was interesting lol.

Looks like next episode we finally get to find out about Michiru.
Aug 4, 2017 4:24 PM
Sep 2015
I ship Baldy with Sakura!
Was a better ep than the last one
Aug 4, 2017 4:48 PM

Jun 2017
Seems like the new mystery girl is indeed a hell girl candidate, from the looks of the preview she got drowned. It just hit me but Yuzuki who was the previous candidate in season 3 also didn't have her memories until the very end. Both of them have tragic stories like Ai. Question is what will the new girl do? Yuzuki almost instantly abused her power back then so no wonder she didn't stay hell girl for long and most of the crew refused to put up with her shit as well and basically left xD.

Regarding today's episode it was alright imo but nothing can guarantee that another dickhead from the same family won't take over the place and the abuse just continues unless Tsugumi managed to pull off her plan which we probably won't see sadly.
Aug 4, 2017 4:54 PM

Nov 2015
Animation finally picked up. Really good episode. Hell scene had the perfect mix of whimsical and gore. Everything I wanted from this season, thank you. Tsugumi is sooo great ;w;
Aug 4, 2017 5:23 PM
Mar 2017
Is this really season 3 sequel? In season 3 Tsugumi worked in school. In this episode she said that caretaker is her first job.

This new season was created by the same people who created season 1 and 2 (season 3 was created by someone else). It looks like this is original producers season 3 rather than season 4.
Aug 4, 2017 5:37 PM

Jun 2017
Carpon said:
Is this really season 3 sequel? In season 3 Tsugumi worked in school. In this episode she said that caretaker is her first job.

This new season was created by the same people who created season 1 and 2 (season 3 was created by someone else). It looks like this is original producers season 3 rather than season 4.

Yeah, Tsugumi's timeline is all over the place.
Aug 4, 2017 7:05 PM

Aug 2007
Tsugumi is back. And seems the group rememberes her. And She still has her powers. Personally I thought they disappear when she grew up.
Aug 4, 2017 8:30 PM

Aug 2015
Carpon said:

I am guessing that the work she had in Mitsuganae might be an internship session. Or, either the writers forget the details from Mitsuganae during writing the story, or, Mitsuganae didn't happen.

This episode makes me feel bad for the elders, especially Tamie. The caretakers really pissed me off. I'm glad that the director was sent to hell, though I wonder what happen to the two caretakers that followed the director to check on the laptop. They might be in shock to see the director suddenly vanished in front of them, and flees.

Based from the scene at the end, I am positive that Tsugumi had sent the recorded audios to legal authorities, that's why the atmosphere was calmer compared to when the mean caretakers are still there. I hope that Tsugumi will appear again soon, maybe, in the final episode.

Michiru:
Next week is Michiru's episode, yay.^^
I am certain that Michiru will be a new Hell Girl. I really anticipate the next episode. Assuming that the man and woman in the preview was Michiru's parents, did she got drowned without her parents knowledge? That would be heartbreaking!!

Anyway, I'm glad that the art is getting better. I wonder if DEEN planned to use most of the budget to animate the final episode.😂
So, my personal grade for today's episode will still be an A.

p/s: Did anyone notice that one of that a-hole caretakers looks like the short haired titan from Shingeki no Kyoujin? 😂😂😂
Peridot is my favorite Crystal Gem.
Aug 4, 2017 9:56 PM

Mar 2017
I really enjoyed this episode lol reminded me of Wanyuudou's back story he's gotta be one of my favorite characters.
The scenes with Kikuri were she tells Yamawaro to wind up her little bike are getting a bit old though tbh. Like its there to remind us about them, idk how many times this scenario keeps happening. Oh well still love the series :)
This is my signature
Aug 4, 2017 11:34 PM

Sep 2012
valemakalew said:
MikazukiRanbu said:

i disagree this episode to me is ok, because it's not as bad from the last week's episode, that episode sucks so bad, about the whole family problems

I think you missed the whole point of the show.
Aug 4, 2017 11:49 PM

Aug 2014
so fuked up, but I love it..... jesus wtf is wrong with me. someone send me to hell pls... my name is ***** ****** (;´༎ຶД༎ຶ`)
Aug 4, 2017 11:54 PM

May 2015
Ahh, this feels more like a classic Jigoku Shoujo episode. Ai stopping Wanyuudo from interfering reminded me of a similar scene in Futakomori where she stops Ren (I think) from interfering. It's a reminder that they can't let emotions interfere with their job. And this episode reminds me that Wanyuudo is my favorite character in the series. Such a chill old man. The punishment scene was great too.

Nice to see Tsugumi again. I kind of wished that she and Ai had at least one little conversation together, like back in Mitsuganae with her "Long time no see."

And as for the abusive staff, yes people like that exist. But hearing it from the director pushed it even further. "Just die already!" Jeez, why would she even run the place at all? Easy money? Reputation? Well with the way she was acting, she deserved to go to hell.
TarotistNov 14, 2017 6:48 AM
Aug 5, 2017 12:45 AM

Nov 2011
You know? the last episode was horrible, but this one, I can certainly identify.

A lot of people treat old people as if they were retards, the pacing was good, and it felt more like an old Jigoku Shoujo episode.

Good episode, not great, but at least seems more realistic.
Aug 5, 2017 1:08 AM

Oct 2011
So glad she got sent to hell.
Aug 5, 2017 4:20 AM

Oct 2013
OMG! It's Tsugumi ! I'm glad to see her again
Aug 5, 2017 9:39 AM

Jul 2014
Damn, this was not easy to watch at all. That director definitely deserved to get sent to Hell, but I have to wonder what happened to the other abusive staff members after that happened, as they weren't present in that brief glimpse of the retirement home.

Also, looks like next week is finally going to explain the mystery girl who's been popping up every episode, and I'm intrigued to see who and what she is.
Aug 5, 2017 12:18 PM

Jun 2015
Another surprise, while 1-2 episode was quite weak, the third and this one got the classic hell girl feeling, cant wait to get more.
Aug 5, 2017 12:21 PM

Aug 2008
I didn't like the previous episode, but I did like this one. This episode is what Jigoku Shoujo is about, especially since I can relate. For my first internship, I worked for a medical laboratory, and most of our patients were the elderly who lived in retirement homes. Although I didn't see any forms of abuse (thankfully), it taught me to really empathize with the elderly with all of their problems and loneliness.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Aug 5, 2017 4:22 PM
Aug 2017
Hey guys, can you help me?

I didn't understand the episode lol
I got confused by the timing, the woman had thrown the doll away, why the doll was at the floor? Or that night was another night? I don't get it
And sorry for my english haha
Aug 5, 2017 4:39 PM

Jun 2016
Tsugumi definitely had a job before this, so I was confused why she said that this was her first job. I wonder if she'll keep showing up and help the new girl. That would be an interesting twist, especially since she's been plagued with visions for awhile now.

Unfortunately there are some cases where the elderly are abused in these types of homes. There are some wonderful workers there, but there are some who are disgusting human beings. There was a case not too long ago of a worker who was caught raping women and another abusing others. I do think what we saw as a bit extreme, since if you're horrible you're probably going to try and hide it better, but it didn't seem as sensational. Especially when you compare it to the last episode.
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Aug 6, 2017 12:28 AM

Apr 2009
Yay, Tsugumi is back. Knew it was her when she spoke. Nana Mizuki's voice is something I've come to easily recognize over the years. Hope she's really back and not just a cameo. She still has her powers after all.

I don't quite remember her appearance in between this and season 1 though. I vaguely recall she had a different job before this, but here she says she says it's her first job... could it be that this season chronologically happened before seasons 2 and 3?
Aug 6, 2017 3:01 AM
Apr 2016
I knew it
Wanryudo is the one who is the strongest in human affairs
Aug 6, 2017 4:07 AM
Jul 2016
Gabygaby7 said:
Hey guys, can you help me?

I didn't understand the episode lol
I got confused by the timing, the woman had thrown the doll away, why the doll was at the floor? Or that night was another night? I don't get it.
And sorry for my english haha

Wanyuudou or Ai probably just returned the doll to her.
Aug 6, 2017 5:12 AM

Jul 2009
Another very dark and sad episode, it was sad to see the old ones being treated like that.
Aug 6, 2017 7:36 AM

Oct 2008
Those senior citizen physical abusers should really go to HELL!
4/5.

Aug 6, 2017 11:53 AM

Oct 2012
this is soo satisfying
Aug 9, 2017 8:03 AM

Feb 2013
This is making me so mad!
They need to do something about the stupid rule of only one person sent to hell, there are always some that escape punishment.
Aug 9, 2017 4:29 PM
Mar 2010
SayakaMagica said:
Yay, Tsugumi is back. Knew it was her when she spoke. Nana Mizuki's voice is something I've come to easily recognize over the years. Hope she's really back and not just a cameo. She still has her powers after all.

I don't quite remember her appearance in between this and season 1 though. I vaguely recall she had a different job before this, but here she says she says it's her first job... could it be that this season chronologically happened before seasons 2 and 3?

It was a cameo. In season 2 Tsugumi was there in a single scene as a teen, in the third season she was an adult. I think this one is ether before the event from the seasons which would open a plot hole as they have updated the technology used, or the writers completely messed up, forgeting all about Tsugumi's story. This season feels so strange and clumsily put together in comparison to the others. The atmosphere is gone, Ai is completely removed from everything that happens. We have Ai's grandma narrating at the beginning of every episode, but not a single scene in Ai's house. The punishment scenes are completely random, without any build up. The animation is horrible, the sound track is a complete rehash, op and ed songs don't fit. I can't believe it is made by the same people who have done three 26 episodes long perfect seasons.
Sapphire_91Aug 9, 2017 4:32 PM
Aug 10, 2017 11:35 AM
Jul 2018
Wow, that was a very powerful and tragic episode with a kind of different story than we already have seen. I can see this happen, I mean that there are nursing homes where old people are treated like that.

Lol the old woman: Well, I didn't imagine you would be this cute, Hell Girl. thahaha. XD Finally someone said it!
Aug 10, 2017 8:04 PM

Feb 2014
The episode's plot and dialogue was great and all but what's with the shit tier 2000 animation and incredibly QUALITY faces?
Aug 11, 2017 1:25 AM

Jan 2009
No way, the animation has improved a great deal from the previous seasons, I still can't get over the face Ai had in Karinui and that time in Mitsuganae when all of the characters turned into paper when the kid got sent to hell.

It was hilarious, but .. you know.
Aug 11, 2017 8:14 AM

Mar 2008
What's sad is this is fairly common.
Aug 12, 2017 1:48 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
poor elderly and how abused of them was horrible!!! I understand the vengance of the old woman but innecesary, the risk that your life for other live well is very .....

The episode had a hard start and bad end..
Aug 13, 2017 12:54 PM
Mar 2016
did tsugumi just lowkey confirm that hajime is dead? :( she said "many people close to me have died" i miss hajime and i really hope he appears in this season

either way this was a good ep
Aug 13, 2017 7:49 PM
Jul 2011
Tsugumi was good to see again but we need some clearance here. She worked at school before but she said this was first job in this episode. Huh.

I'm starting to get disappointed at the hell punishment scenes and hell boat rides this season. Seems so rushed now. Don't even get to see the person plea for their life during the hell boat ride anymore (ep2 person was at peace so that make senses but still).

Good episode that touches some more social commentary issues, the ratio of the elder vs. younger is lopsided in Japan and there aren't enough proper caretakers for them at the homes which leads to awful things.

I thought Sakura's line about not caring about childern anymore and accepting to die alone was pretty sad scene.
Aug 14, 2017 1:59 AM
Sep 2007
This was a sad... but that woman got what she deserved. I like how they folded her up at the end like one of Sakura's cubes. Nice touch. But I still wonder about what happened to rest of staff who abused the elderly people. There's no guarantee anyone will look into it still unless the news does something about it. There was also the cherry blossom tree symbolism, which will always be fascinating to me. I actually got kind of attached to Sakura's friend the few times she showed up and hated how they treated her as well.
Aug 21, 2017 7:27 PM
Aug 2017
The word Tsugumi used "kaigoshi" refers to care assistants for the elderly or disabled people. They are not nurses as far as I know. Hope this helps!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2017

90 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 20, 2023 5:12 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2017

68 by Fatephile »»
Aug 14, 2023 2:03 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2017

124 by Fatephile »»
Aug 14, 2023 1:06 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2017

45 by Fatephile »»
Aug 14, 2023 12:19 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2017

112 by Fatephile »»
Aug 14, 2023 11:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.