Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 5, 2016 4:17 PM
Sep 2016
Mystifire said:
perje said:
so they're going to rip off tutu this time?
I'm going out on a limb and saying you haven't actually watched the concept movie... :P

It's very interesting to say the least. Not exactly the most optimal viewing experience when just watching a recording from some guy's phone or what have you, but there was definitely a lot here, and shows potential for big things whenever the real film/series comes around.

The most surprising thing to me is that it really looks like Hitomi might have a relatively major role compared to her scene in Rebellion. And then of course Mami's epicness near the end!! <3

Talking about what you said about Hitomi, the idea of her becoming a 6th magical girl doesn't seem too far off, especially with what she was saying during the trailer

In any case, we will just have to wait and see what happens
Jan 5, 2017 11:37 AM

May 2012
Well that was actually quite interesting! I sure liked the atmosphere this short created!
Jun 10, 2017 3:53 AM

Feb 2016
I hope SHAFT goes bankrupt before this abomination comes out.
Jul 21, 2017 9:02 PM
Sep 2016
Holy shit, this is incredible
So many moments worth talking about...

Dammit, Shaft, get on this
Jul 21, 2017 9:09 PM
Sep 2016
Madoka_mi said:
Mystifire said:
I'm going out on a limb and saying you haven't actually watched the concept movie... :P

It's very interesting to say the least. Not exactly the most optimal viewing experience when just watching a recording from some guy's phone or what have you, but there was definitely a lot here, and shows potential for big things whenever the real film/series comes around.

The most surprising thing to me is that it really looks like Hitomi might have a relatively major role compared to her scene in Rebellion. And then of course Mami's epicness near the end!! <3

Talking about what you said about Hitomi, the idea of her becoming a 6th magical girl doesn't seem too far off, especially with what she was saying during the trailer

In any case, we will just have to wait and see what happens

Was thinking that as well
At least if she doesn't become a magical girl, this gives evidence that she knows something big, and that she'll be a major part of the movie as a whole.
Madoka_miJul 21, 2017 9:13 PM
Jul 28, 2017 4:39 AM

Feb 2016
AmMar-Sama said:
Now that I think about it, this trailer is the perfect counterargument against anyone who keeps bitching non-stop by saying that Madoka was happy with her choice in episode 12.

Years of countless debates were settled in mere seconds, lmao.

There's no debate. Episode 12 was more of conclusive to the state of Madoka's and Homura's relationship and feelings. Unless you are OK with completely nullifying the whole idea of the original series.
Of course SHART will continue milking the franchise with taking shit out of their arseholes.
Jul 28, 2017 5:35 AM

Feb 2016
AmMar-Sama said:
Aquamirror said:

There's no debate. Episode 12 was more of conclusive to the state of Madoka's and Homura's relationship and feelings. Unless you are OK with completely nullifying the whole idea of the original series.
Of course SHART will continue milking the franchise with taking shit out of their arseholes.

Did you post this reply in the wrong place or something?
None of it seems to be referring to me, because I didn't mention anything about episode 12 being a better conclusion (or not) in that section.

Anyway, I disagree. So far, nothing was nullified - they're just building up on the previous stuff.

So you've never came across the non-ending debates I referenced? Seriously? You must be living under a rock.

Oohhh. so you were referring to Rebellion? That makes things even worse. My point still applies.
Jul 28, 2017 6:00 AM

Feb 2016
AmMar-Sama said:
Aquamirror said:

Oohhh. so you were referring to Rebellion? That makes things even worse. My point still applies.

No, I was referring to those who say Madoka is happy with being a concept that fights witches for eternity. This trailer proves them wrong.
Your point has nothing to do with any of that.

Also Rebellion is great. Deal with it :)

It proves the authors want to milk the franchise with shitty sequels. Next time they gonna make Madoka a trap neko serial killer and you will be still ok with that because SHART said so.
Jul 28, 2017 6:32 AM

Feb 2016
AmMar-Sama said:
Aquamirror said:

It proves the authors want to milk the franchise with shitty sequels. Next time they gonna make Madoka a trap neko serial killer and you will be still ok with that because SHART said so.

Nah. It proves that I was right all along, lol. Not that it wasn't obvious.

I'm okay with Rebellion as a sequel mainly because it makes perfect sense and concluded the series very well.
If the next project ends up being shit, I will just bash it.

The neko-killer thing seems like a good idea for a spin-off, actually. It sounds hilarious.

It will be worse than Rebellion, that's guaranteed. I don't know what word to use for something lower than "shit", but you are gonna eat it anyway. Ep 12 was already a perfect conclusion, absolutely nothing in Rebellion makes sense to the series. The debate of happiness was never a thing for anyone that actually understood what Madoka Magica's ideas were about.

No wonder someone who likes Rebellion will also like shitty cash grab spin-offs.
Jul 28, 2017 7:25 AM

Feb 2016
AmMar-Sama said:
Aquamirror said:

It will be worse than Rebellion, that's guaranteed. I don't know what word to use for something lower than "shit", but you are gonna eat it anyway. Ep 12 was already a perfect conclusion, absolutely nothing in Rebellion makes sense to the series. The debate of happiness was never a thing for anyone that actually understood what Madoka Magica's ideas were about.

No wonder someone who likes Rebellion will also like shitty cash grab spin-offs.

Absolutely everything in Rebellion makes sense to the series. It's also a much better conclusion.
I was completely alright with the story ending with that third movie, but since there's more coming, I choose to be optimistic. Nothing wrong with that.
I know. It's quite petty, as it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the answer. Still, many kept arguing about the matter for a while. I simply referenced that on a whim.

No wonder someone full of salt like yourself is incapable of enjoying a harmless, parody spin-off.

It completely contradicts multiple facts of the series and characters act in a completely different manner after being mind wiped for no reason, with no consistency. There's no conclusion, just making everything worse without any logic and reason. The whole plot sits on the presume that everything in the movie happens so without any valid explanation just because the authors said/wanted it like that.

Rebellion is a parody spin-off by itself. It's the shitty fan fics that made it into the canon thanks to SHART and their cash grab nature.
DAE LE HOMURA KUBEY EVIL XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD KYOUSAYA 4 LAIF
Jul 28, 2017 7:38 AM

Mar 2014
SHART? What the hell is that?
Jul 28, 2017 7:40 AM

Feb 2016
EmeraldEye said:
SHART? What the hell is that?

TOP DEFINITION
shart
a small, unintended defecation that occurs when one relaxes the anal sphincter to fart (blend of "shit" and "fart")

It's how SHAFT created Rebellion.
Jul 28, 2017 8:02 AM

Feb 2016
AmMar-Sama said:
Aquamirror said:

It completely contradicts multiple facts of the series and characters act in a completely different manner after being mind wiped for no reason, with no consistency. There's no conclusion, just making everything worse without any logic and reason. The whole plot sits on the presume that everything in the movie happens so without any valid explanation just because the authors said/wanted it like that.

Rebellion is a parody spin-off by itself. It's the shitty fan fics that made it into the canon thanks to SHART and their cash grab nature.
DAE LE HOMURA KUBEY EVIL XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD KYOUSAYA 4 LAIF

It doesn't contradict anything.
Refusing to spoon-feed the audience does not equate to "unvalid explanations", so you're wrong.
The hints were all there. Not picking them up is your problem.

There is a conclusion. A great one. It leaves room for imagination and lets you fill the gaps by yourself. They call it open-ending.

Bullshit. Your shitty fanfics don't explain shit, you can make up your own explanations trying to drive around the numerous plotholes and inconsistencies but that won't make them valid.
Give me the hints at how Homura did what she did at the end and how Sayaka summons her witch form as a Gundam? Why did Kyubey contradict his own words from the original? ("because he is evil" doesn't work)
These are just the easy ones, you have a valid well accepted explanation for them, right?
Have you even thought about the whole setting the story takes place in? If you try to dig deeper you will see how non-sensical it is.

It's more open than the original. At least the first one had ideas and these ideas were complete at the end. This one is just hype fanservice. The story should be told by the authors, not assembled by the fans.
Jul 28, 2017 8:11 AM

Mar 2014
Wait, aren't you the guy who keeps hating on Rebellion just because his waifu turned into lesbian? Welp, no discussion here. Btw, I heard Steins;gate 0 got an anime adaptation even though the last episode of S;G ended nicely. Isn't this what we call "milking"?
Jul 28, 2017 8:15 AM

Feb 2016
EmeraldEye said:
Wait, aren't you the guy who keeps hating on Rebellion just because his waifu turned into lesbian? Welp, no discussion here. Btw, I heard Steins;gate 0 got an anime adaptation even though the last episode of S;G ended nicely. Isn't this what we call "milking"?

Lol, I wasn't serious when I said that. There are shit ton of other reasons why Rebellion sucks hard.

Steins;Gate 0 is a very necessary part of the story. It serves as a midquel, we saw only the happy ending, but never actually understood what was needed to make it happen. If you want to talk about Steins;Gate being milked then point at the numerous spin-off games and novels.
Hint: They are NOT CANON, contrary to that garbage here.
Jul 30, 2017 2:54 AM

Feb 2016
AmMar-Sama said:
Aquamirror said:
Bullshit. Your shitty fanfics don't explain shit, you can make up your own explanations trying to drive around the numerous plotholes and inconsistencies but that won't make them valid.

The level of salt in this section is so high that I actually lol'd. Quite literally.
I don't write nor read fanfics, so I have no idea what you suddenly started going on about.
It's not a "plot-hole" if it disappears after some thinking. As long as the explanation makes sense and links back to what's presented in the series, then it's valid whether you liked it or not :")

I've yet to see such explanation that makes sense and is consistent with the original. And I'm not talking about just making sense with what is presented in the movie, because the author creating a new setting out of nowhere and making new rules the way he wanted isn't enough to be valid when the series exist and they claim this is a sequel.

AmMar-Sama said:
Aquamirror said:
Give me the hints at how Homura did what she did at the end

Her wish. Add to it the potential from Homura's constant time-loops & the "color darker than curses" and voilà. There you have it.

That doesn't make sense. Nowhere in the series it is stated the color can change to such degree based on someone's potential and someone could gain and use such powers in that specific moment without even realising what's happening moments ago. Her old wish was already accomplished at the end of episode 12. Unless you state she made another such wish in the post-Madoka world, but that still doesn't make sense as Madoka doesn't exist and that wasn't even revealed at all.

AmMar-Sama said:
Aquamirror said:
how Sayaka summons her witch form as a Gundam?

Because Sayaka is now part of the Law of Cycles, a phenomenon that absorbs magical girls and the despair which used to turn them into witches. That's self-explanatory. Episode 12 details this stuff.

Witches don't exist, they aren't absorbed because they never happen. There's no clue that shows magical girls can summon witches by whim. That's just completely illogical.

AmMar-Sama said:
Aquamirror said:
Why did Kyubey contradict his own words from the original?

What are you referring to, exactly? Quotes? Examples?

The fact that Kyuubey will always ask for permission by his own laws and never force an answer. Lying to and capturing Homura without her knowledge defies his character.

AmMar-Sama said:
Aquamirror said:
Have you even thought about the whole setting the story takes place in? If you try to dig deeper you will see how non-sensical it is.

I did. There are no inconsistencies or anything nonsensical.

You still give explanations given from the movie, but the movie is incosistent with the original itself. And even the movie is logically weird for itself, if going by movie logic, they never actually destroyed the seal because they are still on another planet(????) with everyone around. Or did the seal even existed? What difference did it made at all..?
If Homura isn't a witch yet she can't create a witch barrier.
And Madoka never actually goes into some dimension inside someone's soul gem.
The whole idea Kyuubey creating such seal is also sloppy.
And they never actually revealed where Homura was all this time, which is kinda weird too I guess.

AmMar-Sama said:
Aquamirror said:
The story should be told by the authors, not assembled by the fans.

So the fans actually wrote this? Um, source?

The fact that there are numerous theories that contradict each other and are still inconsistent with the original show that even the fans aren't sure what the fuck are they talking about. Even the symbolism is extremely weak and people are still not sure what everything means.

Fans wrote this, yeah:
> Pretty colors and not-witches so we have opportunity for fights - check
> Random characters getting non-sensical powerups - check
> Yuri ships - check
> Madoka was wrong, le feels make logic valid - check
> Cute SOL moments with happy cake song - check
> Hitomi sucks - check
> Bebe exists - check
> Mami vs Homura fight for absolutely no reason with no result - check
> Boobs - check
> 3 minute transformation sequence - check
> Everyone fighting together with magic combos - check
> Inconsistent memory wipe to move the plot - check
> Shit plot twist - check
> Kyuubey is evil and gets wrecked because he deserved it - check
> Homura did nothing wrong - check
> ...

I've seen numerous fanfics and comics with such ideas, they just enhanced what the fans wanted.

AmMar-Sama said:
Aquamirror said:
At least the first one had ideas and these ideas were complete at the end.

Rebellion had ideas as well. It also built up on what came before.

No, it completely disregarded the original material and made up its own that hardly connects to it. Ideas are really weak and serve more as shock-factor masked around the series ending. Wishes and price/suffering which were the core ideas of Madoka Magica aren't even valid here.

AmMar-Sama said:
Aquamirror said:
It's more open than the original.

Exactly. And that's a plus. Wrapping everything in a nice little bow isn't always a good thing. Leaving some room to breathe is much better.

Well, the original series also had an open ending. You could do the same there. xd
Leaving some room for more cash grab sequels I'd agree with that.
AquamirrorJul 30, 2017 3:20 AM
Aug 1, 2017 3:18 PM

Mar 2014
Aquamirror said:
EmeraldEye said:

Lol, I wasn't serious when I said that. There are shit ton of other reasons why Rebellion sucks hard.

I understand. Well, personally, I love Rebellion because the ending was tragic and perfect and it made sense. I love Rebellion because it was awesome to see my favorite magical girls again. I love Rebellion because it twists the definition of "evil". YES IT DID! I love Rebellion because it focused on our tragic hero, Homura, where she again proved that she is willing to suffer in hell for eternity, if it meant protecting Madoka from Incubator(s). Rebellion is also the first movie ever that made me depressed. After watching Rebellion, I didn't know how to watch other anime because Rebellion made me depressed. The ending was...tragic, traumatizing and...I don't know how to describe it.
Have you read this?
https://wiki.puella-magi.net/The_Rebellion_Story/Q%26A

Steins;Gate 0 is a very necessary part of the story. It serves as a midquel, we saw only the happy ending, but never actually understood what was needed to make it happen. If you want to talk about Steins;Gate being milked then point at the numerous spin-off games and novels.
Hint: They are NOT CANON, contrary to that garbage here.

Necessary or not, it's still "milking". Okabe saved Makise and the series was concluded nicely so what's the point of this "0" thing then? That's right, "milking" is the answer. I also kind of agree with you that Madoka is being milked, but it isn't being milked as much as the monogatari series, at least. Rebellion was a huge financial success for Studio Shaft, they could have made another movie, right? Well, they didn't. They don't want to ruin the franchise.

If S;G 0 is really necessary, then Madoka: The Different Story is also necessary.

Mod edit: removed deleted post
BrandonAug 10, 2017 11:41 PM
Aug 2, 2017 8:13 AM

Feb 2016

EmeraldEye said:
Necessary or not, it's still "milking". Okabe saved Makise and the series was concluded nicely so what's the point of this "0" thing then? That's right, "milking" is the answer. I also kind of agree with you that Madoka is being milked, but it isn't being milked as much as the monogatari series, at least.

And there are still people who claim it's a deus ex machina, forced and anticlimatic ending. Steins;Gate 0 expands the story in absolutely every way, further explaining some important plot points and giving more hints at the future. The original ending you saw was only a small part of what was actually needed to make everything happen. Milking or not, at least it makes perfect sense to the original story.

EmeraldEye said:
Rebellion was a huge financial success for Studio Shaft, they could have made another movie, right? Well, they didn't. They don't want to ruin the franchise.

They didn't? What is this thread about then? They already ruined it with Rebellion lol.

EmeraldEye said:
If S;G 0 is really necessary, then Madoka: The Different Story is also necessary.

The Different Story is useless, have no relevance and provides nothing new (and it's terrible anyway). I don't know how you can compare these two, you probably haven't even played S;G 0 and are talking out of your arsehole again.

Mod edit: removed deleted quote
BrandonAug 10, 2017 11:40 PM
Aug 3, 2017 10:55 AM

Jun 2013
Stopped reading that Q&A here:
"After all, they are still not together."

Lol, please.
Aug 3, 2017 11:39 AM

Mar 2014
CurrerHime said:

Lol, please.

Homura dethroned Madoka.
Aug 3, 2017 11:47 AM

Jun 2013
EmeraldEye said:
CurrerHime said:

Lol, please.

Homura dethroned Madoka.

And your point is?
Aug 9, 2017 9:11 AM

Feb 2016

AmMar-Sama said:
Aquamirror said:
The fact that Kyuubey will always ask for permission by his own laws and never force an answer. Lying to and capturing Homura without her knowledge defies his character.

Hold on a second.
Why would Kyubey force the girls to make contracts with him anyway? He doesn't need to. The deal is extremely appealing to pretty much anyone.
Not to mention that his manipulation skills are top-notch. Why create unnecessary animosity when you can just be a sneaky little bastard?

Because that's how his laws operate. He strictly said he can't force others. If he wanted to cheat he could already do what he wanted without asking anyone, but that isn't the case. He isn't that evil as everyone (and Rebellion) claims him to be.
And here he could take literally any girl and do the same as with Homura, but he chose exactly her because le plot demands it.. and of course he fails because of that, yay.

AmMar-Sama said:
Aquamirror said:
Witches don't exist, they aren't absorbed because they never happen. There's no clue that shows magical girls can summon witches by whim. That's just completely illogical.

Witches don't exist in the Madoverse because the Law of Cycles (i.e. Madokami) absorbs the very thing that creates them, which is the despair of magical girls.
In episode 12, Madoka shoots a rain of arrows. As a result, countless versions of her appear in many different places and eras. You can clearly see her absorbing that black stuff from the all the fully tainted soul gems just a fraction of second before they hatch into grief seeds, and thus preventing witches from existing.
"I want to erase them before they are even born", remember?

Yes, I've watched ep 12 too. Where did you read "absorb them so I can summon them later by whim" (for no fucking reason)? I mean erasing mean exactly that.. erasing, duh. If you summon a witch as a Gundam, isn't that also technically birth? I thought Madoka became just a concept with a speific purpose, why does she has such an ability that affects reality?

AmMar-Sama said:
Aquamirror said:
Her old wish was already accomplished at the end of episode 12.

Not really. Her wish was never granted.

Huh? How so, she lived a live protecting Madoka and succeeded, the world got rebuilded completely, there's no reason why her original wish should still be valid.

AmMar-Sama said:
Aquamirror said:
That doesn't make sense. Nowhere in the series it is stated the color can change to such degree based on someone's potential and someone could gain and use such powers in that specific moment without even realising what's happening moments ago.

Madoka's potential became enormous due to the constant time loops, right? It's only logical that Homura's increases as well since she did the time-travelling herself.
Another thing that you're forgetting is that Madokami was taken by surprise before her powers was fully recovered. Overpowering her in that state is much easier.
The colour is just an indication of all the above, the fact that Homura is the first person to ever come back to her senses after transforming to a witch, and her "love".

Does she still have the time travel power though? Her shield is gone, that was literally the device that gave her the powers. Her potential shouldn't play role in the post-Madoka world, especially by giving her powers out of nowhere that overpower the laws of the universe! There's no explanation how that even works except "plot demands it" XD.
She was a human, turned into a witch (??) and then came back as a human again (??). That's just breaks logic.

AmMar-Sama said:
Aquamirror said:
And even the movie is logically weird for itself, if going by movie logic, they never actually destroyed the seal because they are still on another planet(????) with everyone around. Or did the seal even existed? What difference did it made at all..?

Are you talking about the isolation field?
The incubators created the device and used it for their plan. That thing was destroyed about 1 hour into the movie. The experiment was taking place 'somewhere', but that location is irrelevant to us.

"Irrelevant" isn't a satisfactory answer when the whole focus of the movie is that field. What was that planet? How the in-barrier world worked? What were these "millions" of Kyubeys there? What exactly happened after the seal was broken? ...
and many more .. ?? ..

AmMar-Sama said:
Aquamirror said:
If Homura isn't a witch yet she can't create a witch barrier.
And Madoka never actually goes into some dimension inside someone's soul gem.
The whole idea Kyuubey creating such seal is also sloppy.

Did you literally ignore Kyubey's exposition dump completely?! He explained all of this. Go watch it again and then come back.

That doesn't explain how the witch barrier exists. And if such thing exist, then the soul gem should turn into a grief seed as well. And even then, a barrier wouldn't exist inside the soul gem. There's also no reason why non-magical girls should also be there, if we accept Hitomi, the teacher and etc. are real. And why did Madoka forget everything but not Sayaka if it affects everyone?

AmMar-Sama said:
Aquamirror said:
The fact that there are numerous theories that contradict each other and are still inconsistent with the original show that even the fans aren't sure what the fuck are they talking about. Even the symbolism is extremely weak and people are still not sure what everything means.

Fans wrote this, yeah:

I've seen numerous fanfics and comics with such ideas, they just enhanced what the fans wanted.

"enhanced"? lol.
If anything, Rebellion was perceived as a slap in the face by many fans.
A good number of them are pissed because their waifu became an "evil" lesbian (even though I like that development A LOT).

The first 30 minutes (or so) were PERFECT. The happy-go-lucky atmosphere was eerie and strange. Everything was weird.
"This is a sequel, right? RIGHT?! If so, what the hell is going on here??!"
I was constantly kept on the edge of my seat wondering and questioning stuff. Bebe is just the icing on the cake. Her presence made the mood even creepier.
Moreover, by your logic, the first 3 episodes of the series are also useless. We should totally remove them, right?

Say what you will, but the Mami vs Homura scene is pure awesomeness. You can go ahead and complain all day, but nothing will change this fact. There's just no hope :"}
More importantly, the fight gave us more insight into the characters & their abilities. It showed that Mami is quite smart and a huge troll. Homura's idea of shooting herself was fucking brilliant in many ways. Not to mention the epic soundtrack and animation. Everything in it was just so damn flawless.
And no, it did happen for a good reason. An obvious one. I'm fine with criticisms, but don't start blind-hating on me. I'll have a hard time taking you seriously with that attitude.

The rest of the list is just you pointing out random stuff that don't mean anything. None of it qualifies as any evidence.
I don't care why & how the move was made anyway. What happened behind the scenes of the production is irrelevant. The important thing is what I have in front of me. If it's a great work, I'll praise it. If it's crap, I'll bitch about it everywhere until I'm satisfied.

Enhanced as in refined fans "wishes" (lul) and mashed them together for the ultime cash/merch grab.
Still many fans liked it and SHAFT continues going into that direction.

The first 30 minutes are literally useless fanservice, absolutely nothing happens there except stall. Could have been presented in a much better way and still make the charactes act realistic like themselves while still having the mystery. That's ignoring the whole plot is just weak.
Madoka was dark since the first episode, if you are implying the 3 episodes were useless because nobody died yet, that is absolutely retarded. Don't compare the series' building and exposition with the nothingness here.
Bebe is just another retardation technique to harm the characterization of the original. Hehehehe Mami died heheheh Sayaka died hehe it is so funny hehe, look at this plushy hehe pls buy it now hehe.

The fight was awesome visually, yes. That still doesn't change the fact it was completely useless story wise and the reason it started and the way it ended was pure stupidity.
I'm not blind hating. Presenting facts that you don't agree with doesn't make me a hater.
They mean exactly that, full disparity in settings and characterization from the original. Ignoring them because you think they are irellevant further proves you don't care about the franchise as long as you get your pretty colors and mindless action.

AmMar-Sama said:
Aquamirror said:
No, it completely disregarded the original material and made up its own that hardly connects to it.

Nope :")

Aquamirror said:
Ideas are really weak and serve more as shock-factor masked around the series ending.

That's, like, your opinion man? JK.
Anyway, I disagree completely.

Prove it or stay low. "But it looks awesome" isn't a valid prove for anything.

AmMar-Sama said:
Aquamirror said:
Wishes and price/suffering which were the core ideas of Madoka Magica aren't even valid here.

The bullshit level on this one is so high. I don't even..

How so? All wishes got nullified, we got a new world, everyone is alive again. The series are completely irrelevant at this point.

AmMar-Sama said:
Aquamirror said:
Well, the original series also had an open ending. You could do the same there.

Nah. You said it yourself: the new finale is more open.
So no, I can't do the same there.

Um, what? More open or less open doesn't make any difference. You can fantasize in both cases.

AmMar-Sama said:
Aquamirror said:
Leaving some room for more cash grab sequels I'd agree with that.

No. You've missed my point.
Wether they decide to make a new sequel or not has nothing to do with me. I'm happy with things finishing with Rebellion.
They can decide to never make a continuation for all I care.

I very much hope so.

Mod edit: removed deleted quote
BrandonAug 10, 2017 10:41 PM
Aug 10, 2017 11:43 PM

Jun 2014
Thread cleaned.

If you wish to argue then please do so out of forums. This is an episode/movie discussion thread, not a place to debate and insult other users.
Jan 28, 2018 1:16 AM

Nov 2016
@Aquamirror The ending is really quite bad and infuriating but I honestly hope for a 4th movie because then they at least have a chance to retcon said ending.
Feb 19, 2018 5:41 AM

Feb 2017
still waiting....
Sep 24, 2018 7:15 PM
Jul 2018
I should rewatch Princess Tutu at some point, because I remember that these two things would go well together. xD
Nov 9, 2018 9:22 AM

Apr 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvNBSljBpDI
The dearer you hold a memory the more painful it becomes.

Feb 15, 2019 4:48 PM
Apr 2016
Hmm, very weird *movie*... Now, only the real movies are left, time to watch 'em!
Jun 27, 2019 8:38 AM
Jul 2018
the background melody made me feel positively empty inside, together with madoka's blissful movement create an adorable combination.
Oct 17, 2019 8:04 PM

Oct 2015
Loved the ballerina vibes I got from this movie, truly great.

Damn the visuals looked super great.

7/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 1, 2020 10:21 AM

Jun 2011
Perhaps SHAFT are just testing the waters with the upcoming series this year :-]

One can only hope.
Jan 4, 2021 2:24 AM

Jul 2019
don't know how I missed this, this is one of my favourite series. hopefully, movie 4 comes out soon.

this entire concept seems hard to understand but it is something interesting nonetheless especially at the end with Mami, looking like a god or smth
Jun 3, 2021 5:35 PM
Dec 2017
perfect time now watching this with madoka 4 coming out.

8 hours ago

Apr 2015
This looked like an animator's playground more than anything.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Madoka Magica Concept Movie Trailer

Cappuchino - Oct 28, 2016

15 by NatalieGoodman »»
May 16, 2021 6:44 PM

» Is this a hint at what's coming in the new Walpurgis no Kaiten movie?

MakkuroKemuri - Apr 26, 2021

2 by MakkuroKemuri »»
Apr 26, 2021 6:47 AM

» Concept movie release date?

Madoka_mi - Dec 5, 2016

2 by Ryoketsu »»
Oct 17, 2019 6:20 AM

» Why MAL not include it as one of upcoimg anime

akemikou - Dec 2, 2016

0 by akemikou »»
Dec 2, 2016 1:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.