Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 26, 2017 8:03 PM

Apr 2015
Link to Discord Server to read the game!
hosted by @_Claire and @Togs
Mod: @SoulEaterQUEEN

Setup

Discord rules:

Breaking these rules will result in a warning sent by the host, and if you to continue disrespect the rules laid out then you will be removed from the game. If a player were to severely break the rules the first time, it may result in an immediate removal (bypassing the warning. For any questions on the rules, you may PM the hosts of the game: _Claire_, Togs, and SoulEaterQUEEN.

About Discord: please see a
guide here on how to use discord and more information on what it is.
You can access the server by web link login or by installing the client. All login information will be sent to each hydra pair by pm on mal and discord.

1. Be respectful and courteous of your peers; the proper use of etiquette of communicating to each other is expected. This includes following the philosophy on attacking the logic used by another player rather than the player themselves.

2. Spam will not be tolerated. This may be done in another format but is is NOT a chat channel so other players are spending time trying to make analysis of your posts. We will issue a minimum word count of 5 to try to keep the server clean and tidy from spam. It is also used to keep the pacing of the game reasonable. Activity is encouraged but too much can discourage catching up/further participation.

3. Do not use external evidence to generate your reasoning in game. This includes but not limited to, the online status icon and changes, how long it takes to get a response back, the usage of an alternate account on another server. Everyone is entitled to privacy and are not obliged to participate in game even if present. Everything that happens inside the game is fair to use, but anything outside from it is off limits.

4. If you wish to communicate to the hosts, please send a pm on discord (not on mal since everything will be watched over the server) and try to refrain from using the "@hostname" command instead. This helps keep the notifications under control or we end up accidently missing it inside the chat log. We also ask that you are patient with the hosts on receiving a reply back as we not always be present to answer back or need time to work out an answer.

5. Votes will be done in a voting channel, if you wish to add or change a vote, please write it in that channel. Hosts will do their best to update the channel throughout the day. The count will be seen in the channel and will be notified by the @everyone in the main chat channel.

6. Channels will be locked at specific times, this will mainly only happen when the day phase ends and votes won't be counted.

All general guidelines in the forums apply; cheating in any form will not be tolerated, if you have proof of a player cheating, please write to the hosts and send screenshot evidence of the act.

In Game

1. Phase change will be at: the length of day phases are 48 hours and nights are 24 hours.

2. You most make 7 posts per day phase at the minimum per hydra pair. If you fail to make 7 posts, you will receive a warning by pm and will be replaced out/modkilled.

3. Each hydra head will function as one joint player. It's not necessary to identify the head who posts but is allowed. Your account should allow you to post simultaneous of your partner, it may be encouraged to be clear during those times.

4. We permit hydra head chats hidden inside the discord server. The chats will be hidden channels and only the pair and hosts will see it.

5. Host are contacted via pm in the discord server, all night actions are to be sent there as well. It is strongly encouraged to send the actions to all hosts to ensure it gets processed.

Final: Please write "KUPO" in your sign up post to show us that you have read and aware of these rules.

Events

aa-donoAug 21, 2017 9:27 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 26, 2017 8:40 PM

Apr 2015
@grave_robber poking you as promise.
Jul 26, 2017 9:18 PM

May 2015
Join: Ruu

I'm in. But isn't this a misc game not a basic one?

Edit: KUPO (?
Jul 26, 2017 9:21 PM

Apr 2015
Ruu said:

It is still mafia game like usual, so it isn't Misc.

This is a coupled game, so if you have anyone you wanna play with, ping him/her and see if they want to join you :)
Jul 26, 2017 9:23 PM

May 2015
_Claire_ said:
Ruu said:

This is a coupled game, so if you have anyone you wanna play with, ping him/her and see if they want to join you :)

mmm interesting @Suzune-chan let's be buddies again and get another win <3
Jul 26, 2017 9:47 PM
Jul 2018
it will be on Discord? does that mean there will be a call?
Jul 26, 2017 9:49 PM

Apr 2015
AbuHumaid said:
it will be on Discord? does that mean there will be a call?

No it isnt a live mafia game.
It is basically forum mafia but done in discord.
You will share an account in discord and play together using the exact same account.
Jul 26, 2017 10:00 PM
Jul 2018
Join: AbuHumaid
Jul 26, 2017 10:13 PM

Apr 2015
AbuHumaid said:

Anyone you would want to ask to play alongside you?

Can everybody please please do the same XD
Jul 26, 2017 10:18 PM
Jul 2018
_Claire_ said:
AbuHumaid said:

Anyone you would want to ask to play alongside you?

Can everybody please please do the same XD
alright

@logic340 @Shinichi-Kun @LucianRoy any of y'all wanna join me?
Jul 26, 2017 10:25 PM

Jun 2009
Ruu said:
_Claire_ said:

Sure love to be your partner we are quite the team. We need a cool discord name.
And a empty e-mail account to register it under. Maybe if you added me on regular discord we would have a place to discuss plan since I doubt we are going to have private clubs here. Former hydra partners and I used skype but since we are on discord we should just use that.

@_Claire_
Add me as Ruu's partner
How are we keeping track of who is who, will there be a list of discord names since everyone will be under a fake name.

Usually one knows who lives in the hydra.
For example when signing up as a hydra is usually looks like:
(These are just my random hydras for example)
Wandering Traveler: Hydra of Suzune and Lickyquicky

Also random aside, can someone teach me how to quote in discord?
Suzune-chanJul 26, 2017 10:44 PM

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Jul 26, 2017 10:37 PM

Jun 2009
@_Claire_

It is going to say I edited your post. But don't worry I did nothing to it. I just make you a sticky so other people could find your game.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Jul 26, 2017 10:47 PM

Apr 2015
Suzune-chan said:
Ruu said:

Sure love to be your partner we are quite the team. We need a cool discord name.
And a empty e-mail account to register it under. Maybe if you added me on regular discord we would have a place to discuss plan since I doubt we are going to have private clubs here. Former hydra partners and I used skype but since we are on discord we should just use that.

@_Claire_
Add me as Ruu's partner
How are we keeping track of who is who, will there be a list of discord names since everyone will be under a fake name.

Usually one knows who lives in the hydra.
For example when signing up as a hydra is usually looks like:
(These are just my random hydras for example)
Wandering Traveler: Hydra of Suzune and Lickyquicky

The account is provided by us.
The basic name is also flavour-based.
sorry to crush the cool name dream

Edit: Yes the list of people will be revealed.
_Claire_Jul 26, 2017 11:45 PM
Jul 27, 2017 1:35 AM

Jan 2010
AbuHumaid said:
sure thing!
I got you brother.
join: logic Abu's partner
kupo
@holocaster, @MaiTai, @Grapefruit21, @Rinto-kun would any if you like to play
logic340Jul 27, 2017 1:38 AM
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

Jul 27, 2017 4:11 AM

Apr 2015
logic340 said:
AbuHumaid said:
sure thing!
I got you brother.
join: logic Abu's partner
kupo
@holocaster, @MaiTai, @Grapefruit21, @Rinto-kun would any if you like to play

Okays!

Thanks all for joining!

Please remember to read the rules. Since its in discord, I figure we will be stricter :D
Jul 27, 2017 4:50 AM

Aug 2016
I would be highly interested in this since it's on discord, unfortunately I don't have any friends ;-;
Jul 27, 2017 4:58 AM

Apr 2015
Holocaster said:
I would be highly interested in this since it's on discord, unfortunately I don't have any friends ;-;

If there is anyone who later comes and doesnt mind playing with you, you should join.
I am sure some people want to :)
Jul 27, 2017 8:00 AM

May 2015
Holocaster said:

What are you talking about dear? I'm sure @Doughkey would join you if you decide to give this game a try ;)
Jul 27, 2017 8:09 AM

Aug 2016
Ruu said:
What are you talking about dear? I'm sure @Doughkey would join you if you decide to give this game a try ;)

Nah, he's working a lot or else I would've mentioned it in the first post ;-;

Well, just in case someone does end up wanting to partner with me...

Join: Holocaster
Jul 27, 2017 8:39 AM

Jan 2008
Join: Kit
@DenjaX @Gruffin

@_Claire_
I see you have private hydra chats. But is external communication (without the host) between hydra heads permitted? Kupo.

Will you be posting phase changes in this thread? In the voting channel? In a phase change channel? How will we know who died? Kupo.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . anime . manga . updates . ♫♪. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jul 27, 2017 8:54 AM

Apr 2015
Kit said:
Join: Kit
@DenjaX @Gruffin

@_Claire_
I see you have private hydra chats. But is external communication (without the host) between hydra heads permitted? Kupo.

Will you be posting phase changes in this thread? In the voting channel? In a phase change channel? How will we know who died? Kupo.

It is basically the exact same thing as the mafia but in discord.

The char card would be sent through MAL. Everything else works in discord.
Phase change would be in main discussion and pinned. Or if its very crowded, I would try to make an events channel.
You know when you died like usual. It would be announced in phase change.

No external communication allowed. You can only talk to each other using the account we provided in the private channel.
Jul 27, 2017 9:05 AM

Jan 2008
_Claire_ said:
No external communication allowed. You can only talk to each other using the account we provided in the private channel.
Aw. I saw Suzune say she used skype with former hydra partner and got hopeful I wouldnt have to keep secrets from my own partner in normal communication with them :c

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . anime . manga . updates . ♫♪. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jul 27, 2017 9:05 AM

Jan 2008
Suzune-chan said:
You quote ```Like this```

Jul 27, 2017 9:07 AM

Nov 2008
@Gruffin I don't like how Kit is trying to have us fight on the opportunity to partner with her for this game. This can obviously result in a dispute/conflict. I propose you abandon Kit's invitation and pair up with me instead? xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jul 27, 2017 9:07 AM

Apr 2015
Kit said:
_Claire_ said:
Aw. I saw Suzune say she used skype with former hydra partner and got hopeful I wouldnt have to keep secrets from my own partner in normal communication with them :c

You can open two discord at the same time.
One in browser one in the app.
So there should be no problem...? o-o
I dont see where the secrets come from. Ahahaha
Jul 27, 2017 9:09 AM

Apr 2015
DenjaX said:
@Gruffin I don't like how Kit is trying to have us fight on the opportunity to partner with her for this game. This can obviously result in a dispute/conflict. I propose you abandon Kit's invitation and pair up with me instead? xDD

Guys..
Should I ask Alice if threesome is possible? lol
Jul 27, 2017 9:10 AM

Oct 2011
I dunno who I'd partner with mainly cause I dunno who's still around after 2(ish) years...lol. I don't think I've ever played this setup either. :c
Maybe this grandma has a new trick or two. If I have to grab someone myself, I can ask the general chat in Discord? Idk. Feel free to remove me if I'm doing this all wrong.

Join: MaiTai

Jul 27, 2017 9:14 AM

Apr 2015
MaiTai said:
I dunno who I'd partner with mainly cause I dunno who's still around after 2(ish) years...lol. I don't think I've ever played this setup either. :c
Maybe this grandma has a new trick or two. If I have to grab someone myself, I can ask the general chat in Discord? Idk. Feel free to remove me if I'm doing this all wrong.

I see you haven't read the rules. XD
Yep, no worries. This is first time it is done in MS I believe?
Jul 27, 2017 9:14 AM

Jan 2008
DenjaX said:
if that happens i'll pair with grrr

_Claire_ said:
Kit said:

i mean if we are mid-convo and wanna bring up mafia but cant cause we aren't on the mafia account

_Claire_ said:
DenjaX said:

Guys..
For real? X'D Wait to see if Gruffin wants to play

Jul 27, 2017 9:15 AM

Jan 2008
Holocaster said:
Ruu said:

Nah, he's working a lot or else I would've mentioned it in the first post ;-;

Well, just in case someone does end up wanting to partner with me...

Join: Holocaster
MaiTai said:

You two should pair

Jul 27, 2017 9:17 AM

Oct 2011
_Claire_ said:
MaiTai said:

I skimmed over what I thought looked important. Most of it looked like general rules, which I am more or less familiar with. I did just message someone if they'd like to partner with me. I'm not used to "pings" as that was added since I went on extended hiatus. What rule did I break exactly?

Jul 27, 2017 9:17 AM

Jan 2008
MaiTai said:
_Claire_ said:

I skimmed over what I thought looked important. Most of it looked like general rules, which I am more or less familiar with. I did just message someone if they'd like to partner with me. I'm not used to "pings" as that was added since I went on extended hiatus. What rule did I break exactly?
there's a "say this word to prove you read the rules" rule that not everyone else followed either lol

Jul 27, 2017 9:18 AM

Oct 2011
Kit said:
MaiTai said:

there's a "say this word to prove you read the rules" rule that not everyone else followed either lol

Oh, I saw that KUPO jazz, but eh...KUPO I guess?

Jul 27, 2017 9:21 AM

Apr 2015
MaiTai said:
Kit said:

Goodjob! XD
Its not a breach of rules but its good to see people actually read it~ or part-read it at least~
Jul 27, 2017 9:22 AM

Apr 2015
Kit said:
DenjaX said:
if that happens i'll pair with grrr

_Claire_ said:

i mean if we are mid-convo and wanna bring up mafia but cant cause we aren't on the mafia account

_Claire_ said:

Guys..
For real? X'D Wait to see if Gruffin wants to play

No obviously .. XD

Alice will kill me if I were serious XD
Jul 27, 2017 9:23 AM

Oct 2011
_Claire_ said:
MaiTai said:

Goodjob! XD
Its not a breach of rules but its good to see people actually read it~ or part-read it at least~

I mean....I thought I had committed an offense worthy of a ban or something...lol. No worries.

Jul 27, 2017 9:24 AM

Jan 2008
_Claire_ said:
No obviously .. XD

Alice will kill me if I were serious XD
Yeah, I thought so XD

Jul 27, 2017 10:37 AM

Oct 2014
Join Rinto-kun
KUPO
I can play with everyone. :)

Jul 27, 2017 10:40 AM

Jan 2016
Is there any particular reason this is being run on Discord, over MAL or MU?

Just wondering, since I think forum-based hydra games run a lot more smoothly than games played over Discord.
Jul 27, 2017 10:43 AM

Jan 2008
Crossbell said:

Just wondering, since I think forum-based hydra games run a lot more smoothly than games played over Discord.
MAL has a rule prohibiting multi-accounting

Jul 27, 2017 11:03 AM

Apr 2015
Kit said:
Crossbell said:

MAL has a rule prohibiting multi-accounting

+100000
Jul 27, 2017 11:04 AM

Apr 2015
Rinto-kun said:
Join Rinto-kun
KUPO

@Holocaster

Are you two alright?

This game forces both heads to talk and rationalize with each other so I am hoping you guys get a person that you guys can get along with.
Jul 27, 2017 11:11 AM

Oct 2014
_Claire_ said:
Rinto-kun said:
Join Rinto-kun
KUPO

@Holocaster

Are you two alright?

This game forces both heads to talk and rationalize with each other so I am hoping you guys get a person that you guys can get along with.
I think we played on one team during Zymf's or Denja's Discord games, so I have no problem at all playing with him.

Jul 27, 2017 12:02 PM
Jul 27, 2017 12:57 PM

Jan 2010
Look at logic making teams out here.

@Shinichi-kun and @lastwhisper31 or @aa-dono
@Togs and @sleipnirr
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

Jul 27, 2017 2:08 PM

Oct 2012
Join Dhokee

I'm down for playing with either Holo or Mai. The duo of Holo and I is obvious but I wouldn't mind mixing things up if someone else wants to pair with Holo. I'm working upward of 50 hours lately but I can still hop on Discord at work somewhat frequently.
Jul 27, 2017 2:42 PM

Jun 2009
Kit said:
_Claire_ said:
Personally I don't understand this, we are a team, why wouldn't we be able to talk? Since it is hard to talk on a hydra account because both people cannot be theortically logged in at the same time, it would be bothersome to actually switch back and forth in order to have a conversation. The point of a hydra is to work as a team.

Jul 27, 2017 7:10 PM

Apr 2015
Doughkey said:
Join Dhokee

I'm down for playing with either Holo or Mai. The duo of Holo and I is obvious but I wouldn't mind mixing things up if someone else wants to pair with Holo. I'm working upward of 50 hours lately but I can still hop on Discord at work somewhat frequently.

@Holocaster @Maitai please confirm! Thanks~

Suzune-chan said:
Kit said:
Personally I don't understand this, we are a team, why wouldn't we be able to talk? Since it is hard to talk on a hydra account because both people cannot be theortically logged in at the same time, it would be bothersome to actually switch back and forth in order to have a conversation. The point of a hydra is to work as a team.

Aaaannnd..
No.
You can log in at the same time tgt using the same account.
I tried it. So both of you can see what is written by the other party at that exact time and can communicate with each other. But it will look weird like that account is talking by himself but it shouldnt pose a problem if you guys know who says what.
Jul 27, 2017 7:15 PM

May 2012
DenjaX said:
This reminded me of a series of stock photos I once saw that involved a guy trying to choose between two women holding roses before they ended up together instead of with him. Too bad I can't find it anywhere. xD

@Kit I think it will be for the best if I sit this one out. (Hopefully there'll be another hydra game we can join together when I'm less burnt?)

Well anyway, I hope you two have fun together! ^^)/
Jul 27, 2017 7:25 PM

Jun 2009
_Claire_ said:
Doughkey said:
Join Dhokee

@Holocaster @Maitai please confirm! Thanks~

Suzune-chan said:

Aaaannnd..
No.
You can log in at the same time tgt using the same account.
I tried it. So both of you can see what is written by the other party at that exact time and can communicate with each other. But it will look weird like that account is talking by himself but it shouldnt pose a problem if you guys know who says what.
Are we enforcing post signing in game?

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2866 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:07 AM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8750 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1159 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3810 by Zymf »»
Jun 19, 2023 2:43 PM

» [GAME] Truth or dare (ToD) 2.0 [Round 5] ( 1 2 )

Lambtron - Mar 12, 2019

92 by Zymf »»
Jun 18, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.