Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 24, 2017 5:09 PM

Dec 2016
Welcome to Robot Mafia

Setup:
This is a closed setup game. It is considered basic according to Mafia Society standards.

This game will have 48 hour maximum day phases for the first 3 day phases. Subsequent day phases will be 24 hour deadlines.

Night Phases will always be at least 23 hours. But do not have a set length so day phases can always start at the the same time. (10am EST or 1400GMT).

This game uses a lynch lock system. When a player receives a majority vote (8 votes with 15 alive) they will be lynched and the day will end. There is no other way to achieve a lynch.

The game ends when one of two conditions are met.
All threats to the town are elimnated
or
The mafia team controls the lynch by outnumbering or equaling town.

The rules may be read in the sign up thread
Please Remember to be respectful!

Players
The living
1.@aa-dono
2. @Suzune-Chan
3. @ironace
4.@AlbertinoDias@RE1031
5. @Togs @SuzakuTsubasa
6. @Gwendolly
7.@lastwhisper31
8.@AbuHumaid
9.@Sleipnirr @DenjaX
10. @Wen294
11. @The_Pyromaani
12.@Red_Salmon
13. @Shinichi-Kun
14. @LucianRoy
15.@Zymf

The Dead
1. @Suzune-Chan
2. @ironace
3. @Red_Salmon
4. @AbuHumaid

TogsAug 5, 2017 9:37 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (32) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 24, 2017 5:14 PM

Dec 2016
PM's will be sent later tonight.

Day 1 starts in
Jul 24, 2017 10:59 PM

Dec 2016
All PMs should be sent. Please message me directly if you haven't received one of have questions about yours.

Please do not post in the game thread until the game has started.
Jul 26, 2017 6:52 AM

Dec 2016
It is now Day 1. With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch. You have 48 hours.

Good luck.

@aa-dono @Suzune-Chan @ironace @AlbertinoDias @Togs @Gwendolly @lastwhisper31 @AbuHumaid @Sleipnirr @Wen294 @The_Pyromaani @Red_Salmon @Shinichi-Kun @LucianRoy @Zymf

You may begin.
Jul 26, 2017 7:05 AM

Jan 2015
lets start vote aa-dono

I am salty from the last mini game
Jul 26, 2017 7:09 AM

Jan 2014
Well well well. Battle begins.

Vote: LucianRoy

Are you the evil here? ?
~I am just one sadist who supports friends~
Jul 26, 2017 7:09 AM

Jan 2014
Sleipnirr said:
lets start vote aa-dono

You people rlly hold grudges^^
Jul 26, 2017 7:19 AM

Dec 2013
Vote: Albinomaria
Jul 26, 2017 7:20 AM

Nov 2015
##Vote: Wen for not voting for me :v
Jul 26, 2017 7:22 AM

Aug 2012
o.o

A phase change that suits me. How odd.

Sleipnirr said:
lets start vote aa-dono

buuu not my fault ~ shouldn't you start with LW for surviving every lynch? :P

As usual, ladies first Vote: Suzune-chan

Jul 26, 2017 7:26 AM

Aug 2012
Togs said:
##Vote: Wen for not voting for me :v
....... Togs.... are you really...
really
M

??

Jul 26, 2017 7:43 AM

Jul 2016
The_Pyromaani said:
Sleipnirr said:
lets start vote aa-dono

You people really hold grudges^^

i know right?? they are mean (pointing downwards)
wen294 said:

(I'm looking at you) but hey, you don't want to miss your first lynch right?? :P I think that Vote: Red_Salmon is the best option, because, you know...we are robots... he's a fish... I think it makes sense...
Jul 26, 2017 8:08 AM

Jan 2014
AlbertinoDias said:
The_Pyromaani said:

wen294 said:

(I'm looking at you) but hey, you don't want to miss your first lynch right?? :P I think that Vote: Red_Salmon is the best option, because, you know...we are robots... he's a fish... I think it makes sense...

I might have to move my vote on you since you just made racist comment.
Jul 26, 2017 8:15 AM

Dec 2013
AlbertinoDias said:

Going by a logic similar to this,
vote: lastwhisper31
since this name is a weapon in a league of legends and a bot with a weapon name is dangerous.
Jul 26, 2017 8:29 AM

Dec 2013
vote:dono-sama because in salty that I lost to her obvious scum play >3>

Jul 26, 2017 8:29 AM

Mar 2015
AlbertinoDias said:
The_Pyromaani said:

wen294 said:

>_< ughh! This kind of specie-ism makes me wanna... makes me wanna... wanna kill people
*DUN DUN DUUNNNNNN*

lol anyways,
vote: Shinichi-Kun
Hi friend ^_^ remember me?
Jul 26, 2017 8:31 AM

Aug 2012
Shinichi-Kun said:
Aren't you at work? tsk tsk tsk

Jul 26, 2017 8:33 AM

Dec 2013
Red_Salmon said:
AlbertinoDias said:

>_< ughh! This kind of specie-ism makes me wanna... makes me wanna... wanna kill people
*DUN DUN DUUNNNNNN*

lol anyways,
I mean ik the name and I've played with you but I don't remember being that close that I've being called out haha, either way what is up my friend.

Jul 26, 2017 8:33 AM

Dec 2013
aa-dono said:
Shinichi-Kun said:

You reply here but not discord tsk tsk

Jul 26, 2017 8:34 AM

Dec 2013
Shinichi-Kun said:
aa-dono said:

You reply here but not discord tsk tsk

Nvm don't mind me lol

Jul 26, 2017 8:36 AM

Mar 2015
Shinichi-Kun said:
Red_Salmon said:

*DUN DUN DUUNNNNNN*

lol anyways,
I mean ik the name and I've played with you but I don't remember being that close that I've being called out haha, either way what is up my friend.

Well my gameplay wasn't very impactful ofc :p got killed by mafia night 3 (or maybe 4) in the twins mafia. Fun times fun times!
It's my second game now. I've been good. Wbu? Playing a lot of mafia?
Jul 26, 2017 8:45 AM

Jan 2014
ironace said:
AlbertinoDias said:

Going by a logic similar to this,
vote: lastwhisper31
since this name is a weapon in a league of legends and a bot with a weapon name is dangerous.

Wrong League stole my name lol. Also vote: Togs because he's mean
blinddate
she was never awake
even with her eyes wide open
never where she longed to be
and if you’d meet her
just know
you were on a
blind date with a dreamer
Jul 26, 2017 8:49 AM

Aug 2012
Shinichi-Kun said:
I love that there's two honorifics there

Red_Salmon said:
Well my gameplay wasn't very impactful ofc :p got killed by mafia night 3 (or maybe 4) in the twins mafia. Fun times fun times!
<3 <3

But hmm~ do you remember Shin coz he's a lynch target always D1? Since iirc you were not his twin.

Edit: put the gif in spoiler tag. I did not expect the picture to be big ><

Jul 26, 2017 9:00 AM

Mar 2015
aa-dono said:
Shinichi-Kun said:

Red_Salmon said:
<3 <3

But hmm~ do you remember Shin coz he's a lynch target always D1? Since iirc you were not his twin.

I am not aware that he's always a lynch target xD I remember him mostly because I was sure he was scum in that game (but then I died lol) but he wasn't.

@lastwhisper31 Is that Rin from KS in your display picture? :o
Jul 26, 2017 9:25 AM

Aug 2013
The_Pyromaani said:
Vote: LucianRoy

Are you the evil here? ?

Nope.

Vote: Shinichi

Because he said he wanted to play a game with me.
Here I am.
Also wagons.

---

Everything is NAI.
"If you look for a ghost, you'll find one."
Jul 26, 2017 9:26 AM

Jan 2014
Red_Salmon said:
aa-dono said:

<3 <3

I am not aware that he's always a lynch target xD I remember him mostly because I was sure he was scum in that game (but then I died lol) but he wasn't.

@lastwhisper31 Is that Rin from KS in your display picture? :o
my forum avatar is from darker then black 2, shit season btw, I like the characters but the plot was ass.lm still waiting for the real season 2. My profile pic is just a random sexy pic I found drawn by some artist I forgot. Kotaku posts a lot of artist compliations and I found that one.
blinddate
she was never awake
and if you’d meet her
just know
you were on a
Jul 26, 2017 9:44 AM

Jan 2015
Shinichi-Kun said:

Why did you copy my vote with the exact same lines -_-
Sleipnirr said:
lets start vote aa-dono

Jul 26, 2017 9:46 AM

Aug 2013
@Togs RQS? Or no?

The Day is not moving fast enough for me, I'm not out of rvs, and I forgot all my good rqs questions. Your input would be helpful.
Jul 26, 2017 9:54 AM

Jan 2015
LucianRoy said:
@Togs RQS? Or no?

The Day is not moving fast enough for me, I'm not out of rvs, and I forgot all my good rqs questions. Your input would be helpful.

Whats the opening for FQS I dont wanna gogle mafia terms again
Jul 26, 2017 10:13 AM

Aug 2013
Sleipnirr said:
Whats the opening for FQS I dont wanna gogle mafia terms again

Random Question Stage is a tool at town's disposal to help speed up the early game.
It's a way of helping the town to get out of the random voting stage by facilitating discussion around questions that could possibly draw alignment indicative answers out of the people who respond to them, (some questions are subjective so there's never a clear 'answer the question this way' approach, others could be questions testing reactions). It's something that's usually agreed upon by town, so no single person should do it unilaterally and then force people to answer the questions.
In the case of this game, it could have the added benefit of nabbing the focus of players. Specifically town players.

In essence, it's just a route town could take to get out of RVS if they're struggling to do so, but several people haven't posted yet, so I'm uncertain if we should use it, or just let the game take it's natural course. The latter is a fine option, but that does not mean it's the best option per say.
Jul 26, 2017 10:38 AM

Jan 2014
This game uses a lynch lock system. When a player receives a majority vote (8 votes with 15 alive) they will be lynched and the day will end. There is no other way to achieve a lynch.
is this what is referred to as a majority lynch system?
blinddate
she was never awake
and if you’d meet her
just know
you were on a
Jul 26, 2017 10:41 AM

Aug 2013
lastwhisper31 said:

Yep.

I feel the need to increase the pace of the game because I have zero reads on anyone, and proportionally speaking, the game started more than 3 hours ago, which would be something close to 21 hours of time to work with in a game with 2 week phases, or other games that use majority lynching. We're using said majority lynching, so we need 8 votes on a single person within the next 45 hours in order to achieve a lynch D1. Building a train this size on one person in that amount of time is very difficult. Especially with MS's meta.
Jul 26, 2017 10:43 AM

Jan 2015
LucianRoy said:
lastwhisper31 said:

Yep.

I feel the need to increase the pace of the game because I have zero reads on anyone, and proportionally speaking, the game started more than 3 hours ago, which would be something close to 21 hours of time to work with in a game with 2 week phases, or other games that use majority lynching. We're using said majority lynching, so we need 8 votes on a single person within the next 45 hours in order to achieve a lynch D1. Building a train this size on one person in that amount of time is very difficult. Especially with MS's meta.

I have to disagree with you on that one. I am pretty sure that once we get into the last 15 minutes the town will panic and lynch someone. Have seen it happen to many times.
Jul 26, 2017 10:53 AM

Jan 2014
Sleipnirr said:
LucianRoy said:

Yep.

I have to disagree with you on that one. I am pretty sure that once we get into the last 15 minutes the town will panic and lynch someone. Have seen it happen to many times.

Lmao I saw it in all my games ive played so far.
blinddate
she was never awake
and if you’d meet her
just know
you were on a
Jul 26, 2017 10:54 AM

Jan 2014
Also quick heads up for those that dont know. Shinichi-kun is my brother in real life, Ill try to refer to him as Shin, but if I accidentally call him bro or Chad (his name) then you know why. Me and him accidentally caused a lot of confusion in our last game because of this, so i wanted to give a heads up.
blinddate
she was never awake
and if you’d meet her
just know
you were on a
Jul 26, 2017 10:58 AM

Jan 2014
Very interesting voting mechanics. I can clearly say that. So not only we have to try find scum. But also confidence at least over half to vote that person. Hmm.
Jul 26, 2017 11:00 AM

Aug 2013
Sleipnirr said:
LucianRoy said:

Yep.

I'm not saying that's an unlikely scenario, I'm just going to take some time to say why avoiding that scenario would be beneficial for town.

The acronym, or general maneuver, we're referring to here is called C.F.D., or chinese fire drill, or change in fucking direction depending on how lifted you are at the time of the phase change, and in general it's referring to a mass shift in votes near the end of the phase. This mass shift can be from one train, to another, or there can just be no train, and everyone just blitzes a poor soul with unsubstantial time to defend themselves correctly. It's suboptimal play imo, and it would be much better if during roughly 2/3rds of the way through day phase we start to consolidate town votes on a single person we can come to a consensus on instead of postponing that decision until the very last minute. This should give us enough time to go through the motions on how to optimally carry out a lynch on a player using majority lynching. Unfortunately, MS has a reputation for doing this, and ___________ (ongoing game stuff absolutely nothing specific) ________, it would be good if we could avoid something like this happening this game.

If anyone is interested in how town can optimally carry out a majority lynch, you just have to ask me, or I'll explain in greater detail should we need to cross that kind of bridge.
Jul 26, 2017 11:12 AM

Jan 2015
LucianRoy said:
Sleipnirr said:

I'm not saying that's an unlikely scenario, I'm just going to take some time to say why avoiding that scenario would be beneficial for town.

The acronym, or general maneuver, we're referring to here is called C.F.D., or chinese fire drill, or change in fucking direction depending on how lifted you are at the time of the phase change, and in general it's referring to a mass shift in votes near the end of the phase. This mass shift can be from one train, to another, or there can just be no train, and everyone just blitzes a poor soul with unsubstantial time to defend themselves correctly. It's suboptimal play imo, and it would be much better if during roughly 2/3rds of the way through day phase we start to consolidate town votes on a single person we can come to a consensus on instead of postponing that decision until the very last minute. This should give us enough time to go through the motions on how to optimally carry out a lynch on a player using majority lynching. Unfortunately, MS has a reputation for doing this, and ___________ (ongoing game stuff absolutely nothing specific) ________, it would be good if we could avoid something like this happening this game.

If anyone is interested in how town can optimally carry out a majority lynch, you just have to ask me, or I'll explain in greater detail should we need to cross that kind of bridge.

So Lucian I am aware that I did not play with you in the Morning after game but this is not the lucian I remember. The Lucian I remember would play like lamby or grr and stay under the radar with troll or NAI posts be it town or scum. So why is the drastic change in the Meta. There is only one game I remember you playing like this and that was the game where you just returned from the Hiatus and after that settled on the troll meta. So if you dont mind me again why is the drastic change? I have to say that I dont trust this current lucian as I believe you might be scum trying to control the flow of the game as we dont have any vocal players like logic or queen in the game. I think controolling the flow of the game is going to be mafia's main objective this game since its a lynch lock system and we need all 8 votes to lynch someone so if they control the majority or at least make them doubt it will be a win for them and knowing this coupled with your drastic change of meta (from my perspective) I can see you bein scum.

vote Lucian

So lets hear it Lucian. Why the current way of playing instead of your usual one?
Jul 26, 2017 11:13 AM

Jan 2015
The_Pyromaani said:
Very interesting voting mechanics. I can clearly say that. So not only we have to try find scum. But also confidence at least over half to vote that person. Hmm.

Well Pyro eventhough I have played in your games since your last one (The one where you left for military) I have never actually played a game with you. are you gonna add anything to the game? I am actually curious about your play style since your games are so crazy and so witty I expect the same from you :3

edit: typos
KasaiJul 26, 2017 11:16 AM
Jul 26, 2017 11:28 AM

Jul 2016
LucianRoy said:

well since some people (myself included) are noobs in this, you could explain it ;) or explain it later :) (but do explain it xD) but, why are you in such a hurry?? i mean, the last games i played they went slowly, and the town won (1 of them), not to say we have much time because of schedules of work/study ;) not everyone can be on in the first 3-4 hours of game :) (time zones also affect this ofc)
Jul 26, 2017 11:33 AM

Jan 2014
AlbertinoDias said:
LucianRoy said:

well since some people (myself included) are noobs in this, you could explain it ;) or explain it later :) (but do explain it xD) but, why are you in such a hurry?? i mean, the last games i played they went slowly, and the town won (1 of them), not to say we have much time because of schedules of work/study ;) not everyone can be on in the first 3-4 hours of game :) (time zones also affect this ofc)

Lucian does really love explaining C.F.D haha
blinddate
she was never awake
and if you’d meet her
just know
you were on a
Jul 26, 2017 11:36 AM

Jan 2014
Sleipnirr said:
LucianRoy said:

So Lucian I am aware that I did not play with you in the Morning after game but this is not the lucian I remember. The Lucian I remember would play like lamby or grr and stay under the radar with troll or NAI posts be it town or scum. So why is the drastic change in the Meta. There is only one game I remember you playing like this and that was the game where you just returned from the Hiatus and after that settled on the troll meta. So if you dont mind me again why is the drastic change? I have to say that I dont trust this current lucian as I believe you might be scum trying to control the flow of the game as we dont have any vocal players like logic or queen in the game. I think controolling the flow of the game is going to be mafia's main objective this game since its a lynch lock system and we need all 8 votes to lynch someone so if they control the majority or at least make them doubt it will be a win for them and knowing this coupled with your drastic change of meta (from my perspective) I can see you bein scum.

vote Lucian

So lets hear it Lucian. Why the current way of playing instead of your usual one?
Its not uncommon for mafia to try early on to control the game, it can either add suspicion to them or maybe remove it. But I can tell you as someone who has played multiple games with Roy after he came back from this hiatus?? That he is playing his usually scum hunt game, this definitely town lucian to me, but time will tell.
blinddate
she was never awake
and if you’d meet her
just know
you were on a
Jul 26, 2017 11:40 AM

Jan 2014
Sleipnirr said:
The_Pyromaani said:

Well Pyro eventhough I have played in your games since your last one (The one where you left for military) I have never actually played a game with you. are you gonna add anything to the game? I am actually curious about your play style since your games are so crazy and so witty I expect the same from you :3

Ah yes. League of Legends game. You were Blitzcrank and survived to end. I can say honestly not many has here played with me. If we dont count Psycho pass game which was here recently. Havent played like early 2015. Psycho pass game didnt rlly catch my interest since it felt like Day 1 all the time xD I always say that my offer for game becomes more as game moves on. Day 1 im always eh. + When i have been killing town role. Been rarely missing from bad guys (x
Jul 26, 2017 11:41 AM

Jan 2014
Also any guesses how many baddies / third parties there are? From my experience with 15 player games it has been like. 3 baddies and 2 tpr. Thats just my overall experience from past. I could be wrong this time tho.
Jul 26, 2017 11:41 AM

Jan 2014
The_Pyromaani said:
Sleipnirr said:

Ah yes. League of Legends game. You were Blitzcrank and survived to end. I can say honestly not many has here played with me. If we dont count Psycho pass game which was here recently. Havent played like early 2015. Psycho pass game didnt rlly catch my interest since it felt like Day 1 all the time xD I always say that my offer for game becomes more as game moves on. Day 1 im always eh. + When i have been killing town role. Been rarely missing from bad guys (x

A LoL game? man I wish i was here for that
blinddate
she was never awake
and if you’d meet her
just know
you were on a
Jul 26, 2017 11:43 AM

Jan 2014
The_Pyromaani said:
Also any guesses how many baddies / third parties there are? From my experience with 15 player games it has been like. 3 baddies and 2 tpr. Thats just my overall experience from past. I could be wrong this time tho.

If ranked ToS is any indication its not uncommon for 4 mafia, and two tpr, with one tpr being a killing role, and another being a neutral evil. This is also common with 15 players.
blinddate
she was never awake
and if you’d meet her
just know
you were on a
Jul 26, 2017 11:49 AM

Jul 2016
lastwhisper31 said:
The_Pyromaani said:

We need another one xD
are there TPR?? i think i've read somewhere they were going to be not avaliable, i think, correct me if i'm wrong (read on MAL/mafia club
P.S: if ther is some, shouldn't the moderator say how many?? or not not saying how many is what i saw??
Jul 26, 2017 11:51 AM

Jan 2014
AlbertinoDias said:
lastwhisper31 said:

We need another one xD
are there TPR?? i think i've read somewhere they were going to be not avaliable, i think, correct me if i'm wrong (read on MAL/mafia club

What do you mean? and I think there is 80% of a killing tpr, to remove pressure from the mafia or else they gunna need to play a damn good scum game to get this shit poppin off lmao.
Edit: Grammar
blinddate
she was never awake
and if you’d meet her
just know
you were on a
Jul 26, 2017 11:53 AM

Jan 2014
Honestly is it common to have killing tpr in these mafia games? Ive played so many bastard games that I dont even know.
Edit: Out of my 4 games, this is my first closed non bastard set up, just to put it in perspective.
blinddate
she was never awake
and if you’d meet her
just know
you were on a
Jul 26, 2017 11:58 AM

Jul 2016
the games i've played all said which roles the TPR would have, like if a win-co was to get lynched, every onw would know there was a TPR with that win-co, but here we don't knwo anything, so i'm asking, there has to be any TPR??
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (32) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2866 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:07 AM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8750 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1159 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3810 by Zymf »»
Jun 19, 2023 2:43 PM

» [GAME] Truth or dare (ToD) 2.0 [Round 5] ( 1 2 )

Lambtron - Mar 12, 2019

92 by Zymf »»
Jun 18, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.