Forums
New
Pages (17) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 »
Dec 22, 2015 2:58 PM
Jul 2018
If you aren't going to read the VN then don't bother to watch any of it
Dec 27, 2015 4:11 AM

Jul 2014
Does this new Second Season of UBW changes anything in the order?

I don't want to read VN, i was thinking about see UBW, HF, F/Z.. but back then, there was no second season of UBW.. Should i change my view order?
Dec 27, 2015 6:50 AM
Jun 2014
Gklys said:

I don't want to read VN, i was thinking about see UBW, HF, F/Z.. but back then, there was no second season of UBW.. Should i change my view order?

It's rather just the second half than a second "season". If you want to stick to your order, you'll probably have to wait quite a long time to watch F/Z since the last official announcement about HF was before the UBW anime started airing.
Dec 27, 2015 7:00 AM

Jul 2014
xcllnt said:
Gklys said:

It's rather just the second half than a second "season". If you want to stick to your order, you'll probably have to wait quite a long time to watch F/Z since the last official announcement about HF was before the UBW anime started airing.

Is there any other TV Series that can replace HF? And first of all, is HF worth to watch?
Dec 27, 2015 8:07 PM

Aug 2010
Gklys said:
Is there any other TV Series that can replace HF? And first of all, is HF worth to watch?

Nope, and oh god yes.
Dec 27, 2015 8:13 PM

Nov 2014
Gklys said:
Is there any other TV Series that can replace HF?

Nope. With the exception of Shirou, who is the protagonist of F/SN, the main characters of each route change. UBW has Rin and Archer. HF has Sakura, Ilya and Kirei, and Fate has Saber. Therefore, there is nothing than can replace HF. Maybe in the future, if another adaptation comes up, but not right now.

Gklys said:
And first of all, is HF worth to watch?

Of course, along with what I stated above, it answers almost all the questions left dangling by UBW, except those of Saber, whose route, Fate, won't be adapted.
VarunaBlesDec 27, 2015 8:18 PM
Jan 3, 2016 5:24 AM

Jul 2007
Gklys said:

Second Season of UBW only makes reading the VN more important since a lot of crucial information is skipped or altered in result making the story and the characters unclear.

The order itself does not change.
AhenshihaelJan 3, 2016 5:24 AM
Jan 17, 2016 2:37 PM
Jan 2016
I just marathoned Fate/Zero and Unlimited Blade Works (in that order) for the first time on Netflix, and I enjoyed both immensely. Definitely in my top three favorite animes.

It never once even crossed my mind that they were "meant" to be viewed in reverse order. If anything, I felt like Fate/Zero helped make UBW more understandable since the former is more of a "standard rules setup" for how a Holy Grail war should go (with one servant of every class and one master per servant) while UBW really shook things up and broke a lot of the rules that I only knew were rules because of Fate/Zero. And hell, seeing how all the survivors of Fate/Zero turned out in UBW and understanding all the references was just super satisfying. The other way around would've been depressing...though I can see merit in a depressing ending, I'm still glad I saw it the way I did.

Also, as for F/Z spoiling UBW, I think the reverse is also true. For instance, watching UBW tells you everyone who survives to the end of F/Z, removing a big part of F/Z's suspense. Heck, the entire climax of UBW basically builds on the climax of F/Z, and if you've seen UBW first then none of what happens at the end of F/Z will surprise you.

Love it or hate it as an adaptation, I think Ufotable designed the F/Z and UBW anime with the idea that they would be watched in the order the animes themselves were produced, not in the order the source material was produced. Sort of like how Peter Jackson made the Hobbit trilogy with the idea that people had already watched the LotR trilogy.
Cheese_SandwichJan 17, 2016 4:28 PM
Jan 28, 2016 6:22 PM

May 2013
I really don't get how in the UBW anime, Shirou beats Gilgamesh. How the fuck does he deflect that many swords? It would have made sense if he used UBW to mirror GoB, but it sure doesn't look that way in the anime.

Also, should I read the UBW VN if I've seen the anime? I've already ready the fate route, and I feel like it's more worth my time to read HF.
Jan 29, 2016 12:55 AM

Jul 2007
BasedErio said:
I really don't get how in the UBW anime, Shirou beats Gilgamesh. How the fuck does he deflect that many swords? It would have made sense if he used UBW to mirror GoB, but it sure doesn't look that way in the anime.

That's exactly what he does in the vn?
Most of the actual "fight" is Shirou simply pushing Gil back in melee by destroying any weapon Gil summons before he can even counter attack. Doing what he did in anime would and should get him killed in literal seconds.

Also, should I read the UBW VN if I've seen the anime? I've already ready the fate route, and I feel like it's more worth my time to read HF.

Yes.
UBW anime does not cover anything beyond the very basic overall "plot" of the route.
Jan 29, 2016 5:58 AM

May 2013
Fai said:
BasedErio said:

That's exactly what he does in the vn?
Most of the actual "fight" is Shirou simply pushing Gil back in melee by destroying any weapon Gil summons before he can even counter attack. Doing what he did in anime would and should get him killed in literal seconds.

Yes.
UBW anime does not cover anything beyond the very basic overall "plot" of the route.

I know the same thing happens in VN, but I was talking about anime Shirou, and not VN Shirou; they're completely different characters.
So I take it the same thing doesn't happen in the VN?
Okay, I will play the VN then; thank you.
Feb 6, 2016 8:09 AM

Oct 2014
BasedErio said:
So I take it the same thing doesn't happen in the VN?
Okay, I will play the VN then; thank you.

in the VN, Shirou just copies every weapon that comes out of GoB within seconds and uses them to counter Gilgamesh's weapons while closing the distance, the anime just made it more fancy imo.
Mar 1, 2016 3:51 AM

Nov 2015
I'd like to add my comment to this discussion.
As someone who watched Fate/Zero first and does not regret it.

Yes, in the very first episode of Zero you are revealed a couple of things that are
from FSN but, if I watched FSN first I would have spoiled things from Zero too so.

If I didn't watch Zero first

So, knowing -the Rin thing- in the first episode of Zero is a fair trade for all the surprises I got in Zero that I wouldn't have had otherwise.

If you watch Zero first you spoil FSN, if you watch FSN first you spoil Zero. There's no escape, just enjoy it as it its. =)

Oh, either way you watch it, they gain re-watch value, so that's good if you ask me.
Cheese_Sandwich said:

Also, as for F/Z spoiling UBW, I think the reverse is also true. For instance, watching UBW tells you everyone who survives to the end of F/Z, removing a big part of F/Z's suspense. Heck, the entire climax of UBW basically builds on the climax of F/Z, and if you've seen UBW first then none of what happens at the end of F/Z will surprise you.

This guys gets it.
HumbertoZeroMar 1, 2016 2:53 PM
Mar 2, 2016 10:49 AM

Jul 2007
HDarkmantis said:

You don't have full story to know whether you regret it or not.

Yes, in the very first episode of Zero you are revealed a couple of things that are
from FSN but, if I watched FSN first I would have spoiled things from Zero too so.

And Zero is designed with the fact that you KNOW all of those things in mind, while FSN is designed with the idea of you NOT knowing them and wanting to discover them together with characters.

- Does not matter. Fate franchise is not a death game. Knowing they all are doomed from the start is part of the story since Zero is about a bunch of close minded people getting ruined by their own folly.
- Who wins the war does not matter. But you sure as hell know that now so that makes guessing who "wins" in FSN pointless since

- Again, does not matter?
- Which is kind of the point? Kiritsugu is nothing more than Shirou's motivation. And also now you know what happened to him before HF actually TELLS you, as a plot twist, what kind of horrible person Kerry was.

So, knowing -the Rin thing- in the first episode of Zero is a fair trade for all the surprises I got in Zero that I wouldn't have had otherwise.

Except that Rin thing was meant to be one of biggest twists in the story, while Zero's "surprises" are not meant to be surprises - most of them you can see a mile away.

If you watch Zero first you spoil FSN, if you watch FSN first you spoil Zero. There's no escape, just enjoy it as it its. =)

Except that FSN is designed in a way that it pretends you DO NOT know anything from Zero. The sole focus of FSN is about those characters slowly discovering the mysteries and horrible truths that formed their lives.
While Zero is written a an after-thought expansion bonus for FSN, with the intent of taking the major revelations you learn through FSN and putting them in order from start to finish.

Oh, either way you watch it, they gain re-watch value, so that's good if you ask me.

Watching/REading FSN first gives a watch value to Zero and then rewatch/reread value to FSN.
Watching Zero first leaves you confused while also ruining the first watch of FSN because you already know 99% of things the story wants to surprise you with.
Mar 2, 2016 2:37 PM

Nov 2015
Fai said:
HDarkmantis said:

You don't have full story to know whether you regret it or not.

And Zero is designed with the fact that you KNOW all of those things in mind, while FSN is designed with the idea of you NOT knowing them and wanting to discover them together with characters.

- Does not matter. Fate franchise is not a death game. Knowing they all are doomed from the start is part of the story since Zero is about a bunch of close minded people getting ruined by their own folly.
- Who wins the war does not matter. But you sure as hell know that now so that makes guessing who "wins" in FSN pointless since

- Again, does not matter?
- Which is kind of the point? Kiritsugu is nothing more than Shirou's motivation. And also now you know what happened to him before HF actually TELLS you, as a plot twist, what kind of horrible person Kerry was.

Except that Rin thing was meant to be one of biggest twists in the story, while Zero's "surprises" are not meant to be surprises - most of them you can see a mile away.

Except that FSN is designed in a way that it pretends you DO NOT know anything from Zero. The sole focus of FSN is about those characters slowly discovering the mysteries and horrible truths that formed their lives.
While Zero is written a an after-thought expansion bonus for FSN, with the intent of taking the major revelations you learn through FSN and putting them in order from start to finish.

Watching/REading FSN first gives a watch value to Zero and then rewatch/reread value to FSN.
Watching Zero first leaves you confused while also ruining the first watch of FSN because you already know 99% of things the story wants to surprise you with.

I hope that my comment does not insult you in anyway, but after reading it, you seem like one of those close-minded people that are always saying "READ THE VN". Just because you experienced Fate/ that way doesn't mean anybody else should.

In fact, I had a very good time watching Zero when I did.

The funny thing is that you bashed all my comment with the premise "my way is better"

The fact what I could enjoy Fate/Zero and then Stay Night is proof enough that it is a viable way, but, if one is stubborn enough to not accept that and the only way it should be experimented is "mine", then, ok... you live with that.

I say that if you watch FSN first, you spoil the end of Zero, for you, that's insignificant. For me it was NOT. I don't know if you liked Zero, but it is my favorite and you trying to make it look like an "add-on" is not gonna change it.

Excuse me that I cannot elaborate my comment further, but English is not my native language, so it becomes a little bit difficult to express my ideas 100% clear.
Mar 17, 2016 12:53 PM
Jan 2015
I'm in the middle of watching UBW 2014 Ufotable and I am currently on only Episode 7. This is my very first experience with the Fate Series as a whole But there is just one problem...In my long search for an answer to the infamous question of "What do I watch first", I was literally spoiled about almost everything that Fate Zero spoils for Fate Stay Night, including some big plot twists in Heaven's Feel as well as the identities of some of the servants. I feel like something is just missing when I am watching UBW, but maybe that is because of all the spoilers. Can anyone tell me if I should be feeling this way or get advice from people with similar experiences?
Mar 18, 2016 7:31 AM

Jul 2007
HDarkmantis said:

I hope that my comment does not insult you in anyway, but after reading it, you seem like one of those close-minded people that are always saying "READ THE VN". Just because you experienced Fate/ that way doesn't mean anybody else should.

READ THE VN Is literally written on the first page of Fate Zero novel, to the point that Urobuchi did not want to publish it till Fate Hollow Ataraxia came out.

Its not subjective. Narrative structure is not subjectie. What you are suggesting is as outlandish as reading book from the last page first because last page had a flashback.

The funny thing is that you bashed all my comment with the premise "my way is better"

It snot my way its intended way.

The fact what I could enjoy Fate/Zero and then Stay Night is proof enough that it is a viable way, but, if one is stubborn enough to not accept that and the only way it should be experimented is "mine", then, ok... you live with that.

I can enjoy taking random book and reading random chapter from the middle of it. Does not mean I am getting the intended experience or full experience or understanding it the correct way. From your comments you clearly have NOT understood anything.

I say that if you watch FSN first, you spoil the end of Zero, for you, that's insignificant. For me it was NOT. I don't know if you liked Zero, but it is my favorite and you trying to make it look like an "add-on" is not gonna change it.

AGAIN.
Zero is
WRitten
WITH
THE
IDEA
That you KNOW The ending.

Why do you think majority of Zero is predictable as hell and you can see most of the events from mile away? Because you are supposed to be interested in HOW the characters get to what you already know.

FSN is NOT written that way. It is not a "personal" preference. It is the way Narrative is structured.

WalkerMage102 said:
I'm in the middle of watching UBW 2014 Ufotable and I am currently on only Episode 7. This is my very first experience with the Fate Series as a whole But there is just one problem...In my long search for an answer to the infamous question of "What do I watch first", I was literally spoiled about almost everything that Fate Zero spoils for Fate Stay Night, including some big plot twists in Heaven's Feel as well as the identities of some of the servants. I feel like something is just missing when I am watching UBW, but maybe that is because of all the spoilers. Can anyone tell me if I should be feeling this way or get advice from people with similar experiences?

There's no accurate or good enough Fate adaptation beyond Zero.

FSN UBW as pretty as it can be sometimes still is mostly mediocre half-assed quick buck adaptation that is nigh incomprehensible without the source material.
AhenshihaelMar 18, 2016 7:36 AM
Mar 18, 2016 7:44 AM

Nov 2015

Dude, why don't you calm down?

You really hate that much an opinion different than yours? Just look at yourself shredding my comment to pieces...

The fact is that I ENJOYED Zero before the rest. As I enjoyed it that way MANY others did, and just because you can't accept that it won't be less truth.

I watched Zero, I'm currently reading the FSN VN, and I can tell you I still think the same. I wouldn't dare to ruin the surprises I got with Zero (which I think is better, and yes, EVERYTHING is subjective), in fact, watching Zero before made me get exited when Gilgamesh appeared, or the mentions of Kiritsugu's past, or how he didn't betray Saber as she thought...

Why you need to make such a mess for my opinion?
When I wrote it I honestly didn't expect to upset someone, I'm sorry.
I still stand in my view.

Goodbye (I don't really like fighting in the internet, so let's leave it here, shall we?)
Mar 18, 2016 12:12 PM
Jan 2015
Alright then, I'll probably just read the vn then. Does anyone know where I can get it in english?
Mar 19, 2016 2:52 AM

Oct 2014
WalkerMage102 said:
Alright then, I'll probably just read the vn then. Does anyone know where I can get it in english?

I sent you a message
Jul 24, 2016 1:04 AM

Dec 2009
Fuck... Too much anime! As much as I'd like to play the VN so I could know the whole story. It's too damn long. Animated is awesome too because of the action brought to life. But in VN. One less epic.
Jan 29, 2017 12:24 AM

Mar 2009
Guys you just need to watch it in release older.
Fate Stay Night 2006 goes first
Fate Zero second
Fate Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works third. The series, the movie can be ignored.
These all belong to the final grail war
Fate Heaven's Feel does too, which will be released this year. So watch that fourth.

Chronologically Fate/Zero comes first but if you do watch it first, it will spoil everything in F/SN.
The release date order is perfect.

Fate/Zero is the prequel to Fate/Stay Night.
Fate/Stay Night is divided into three routes all focusing on which girl does Emiya choose. Well, it's a harem series at its core.
Fate/Stay Night 2006 is Saber's route, and it should be considered the true path, no matter how lacking compared to the rest.
Unlimited Blade Works series is Rin's route
And Heaven's Feel, I believe will be Sakura's route.
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Mar 28, 2017 12:03 AM

Jul 2014
luckily i see this thread and read all the contents of it. I'm about to watch the F/Z right now. Thank you so much for the good clarification, before i got here, i'm super confused about this whole FATE series.
Apr 8, 2017 8:30 PM

Jul 2013
jeremeel2015 said:
luckily i see this thread and read all the contents of it. I'm about to watch the F/Z right now. Thank you so much for the good clarification, before i got here, i'm super confused about this whole FATE series.

About a year ago, I was in the same boat you are now. I avoided Fate/Stay Night. From strictly the anime side, if you watch Fate/Stay Night before Fate/Zero, you'll be spoiled and won't enjoy Zero to its maximum potential, you know?

Fate/Zero is amazing and there are some fucked up moments too! After you watch Fate/Zero S1/S2, be sure to watch Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works - Prologue before you start on the first season of UBW. Here's a link to it as well > https://myanimelist.net/anime/27821/Fate_stay_night__Unlimited_Blade_Works_-_Prologue.
Apr 8, 2017 9:11 PM

Jul 2013
jeremeel2015 said:

If you want to be spoiled of Fate/Stay Night content then watch Fate/Zero first.

If you want to be spoiled of Fate/Zero content then watch Fate/Stay Night first.

There's really no way out of the spoilers. Both of them spoil each other but do note that Fate/Zero is a PREQUEL to Fate/Stay Night and is meant to be watched after you've seen the latter. It's a complementary material that seeks to answer some questions in Fate/Stay Night and show us how the Fourth Holy Grail War unfolded which lead to the destruction of Fuyuki City which is a very essential part in Fate/Stay Night. In other words, Fate/Zero should be watched after Fate/Stay Night or to be more specific Heaven's Feel but I doubt you can wait that long for the whole trilogy to be released.
Jul 25, 2017 11:51 AM

Apr 2017
Does emiya learn that kiritsugu won the last holy great war and was sabers master like he does in the first stay night? If so which episode like is it later in the series or early on

"Life and death have been in love,
For longer than we have words to describe,
Life sends countless gifts to death,
And death keeps them forever."

Jul 26, 2017 2:23 AM

Oct 2014
PunkHazard98 said:
Does emiya learn that kiritsugu won the last holy great war and was sabers master like he does in the first stay night? If so which episode like is it later in the series or early on

Apr 29, 2020 12:21 AM

May 2019
So I have been putting off this series for a long time.I don't know why.I decided to start this,checked up on MAL and found Fate/Zero.

Since many have advised not to watch studio deen one I decided to start ufotable Fate/0.I watched first 10 min of first episode and thought something was off.So I decided to check up the watch order.

Now while everyone suggested to play LN,I thought it would take time and resources to achieve that.I found that I should start with UBW(anime) although Fate/0 was a sequel because author intended such.

I have watched ufotable UBW(I felt that characters should have been given more depth and time) and though I have done the mistake what I can do next to enhance my experience.Should I play LN,watch Heaven's feel or Fate/Zero?

I am confused as hell
ZenerApr 29, 2020 12:26 AM
Apr 29, 2020 12:30 AM

Mar 2020
ye you messed up. do whatever now.....
Apr 29, 2020 12:33 AM
Jun 2017
Don't worry about it, I also started from Fate/UBW when I got into Fate series. Now, While Fate/0 does spoiled Fate/Heaven's feel, it's alright to watch Fate/0 next, in my opinion. Besides, the third Fate/Heaven's feel movie is not released yet, so you could watch other Fate series while waiting for it.
Apr 29, 2020 12:35 AM
Oct 2019
You don’t need to play or watch the light novel to understand or enjoy fate. There are loads of spinoffs that aren’t really necessary to watch , the order I’ll recommend is:

1.Fate ubw: Prologue, s1,s2
2.Fate zero: s1,s2
3. Heaven feels trilogy

If you enjoy fate series, there are many enjoyable spinoffs you should watch which do not relate to the main story I’ll recommend:

1.Fate apocrypha
2. Fate grand order
SendGoodAnimeApr 29, 2020 12:41 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2020 12:37 AM

May 2019
SendGoodAnime said:
You don’t need to play or watch the light novel to understand or enjoy fate. There are loads of spinoffs that aren’t really necessary to watch , the order I’ll recommend is:
3. Heaven feels trilogy

I kinda skipped the epilogue of UBW so where should I fit it
Apr 29, 2020 12:37 AM

Jul 2019
I don't see the part where you've messed up though?
Apr 29, 2020 12:38 AM

Nov 2013
Don't play the visual novel; it's a bad type of media. And you did not mess up, maybe except for the fact that you watched the first 10 minutes of Fate/Zero, but changing to Unlimited Blade Works was a good decision.
I recommend that you watch Fate/Zero now and then wait for the release of Heaven's Feel's third part, so you can watch all the three movies without having to wait months to watch the next.
ColtBuntlineApr 29, 2020 12:43 AM
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Apr 29, 2020 12:39 AM
Jun 2019
fate zero>>fsn>>ubw>>heavens feel>>everything else.

You did messed up.
Apr 29, 2020 12:44 AM

Oct 2011
I don't think your watching experience is ruined. Just keep in mind that F/Z and HF contains the most spoilers in the Fate universe, and should be best kept for last.

The UBW adaption felt rushed because they followed the VN's plot, but didn't flesh out the characters' thoughts that led to their actions (lots of missed monologue that was in the VN). It's the shortcomings of VN and LN adaptions. But for an adaption, I'd say they did a decent job compared to the others out there.

I would suggest to stay with Fate/Zero and the route adaptions, or the VN itself, before checking out the spinoffs.

Apr 29, 2020 12:45 AM

May 2019
KRKodama said:
Don't play the visual novel; it's a bad type of media. And you did not mess up, maybe except for the fact that you watched the first 10 minutes of Fate/Zero, but changing to Unlimited Blade Works was a good decision.
I recommend that you watch Fate/Zero now and then wait for the release of Heaven's Feel's third part, so you can watch all the three movies without having to wait months to watch the next.

Assumiing Heavens Feel Trilogy to be a sequel to UBW.Watching Fate/Zero will not ruin its experience right?
Apr 29, 2020 12:45 AM
Oct 2019
Zener said:
SendGoodAnime said:
3. Heaven feels trilogy

I kinda skipped the epilogue of UBW so where should I fit it

The prologue of fate ubw is basically ep 0, you don’t have to watch it but I’ll highly recommend it cause it’s a great intro into the series
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2020 12:46 AM
May 2018
Hey there,
It's okay, it's no big deal. It's just like watching the fourth movie of a movie series, and then watching the rest. Start over from the beginning, and you'll catch up.

Just to make things clear, here is the chronological order of the anime releases, which is the order in which you should watch them:

Fate/Stay Night (Studio DEEN).
Fate/Zero
Fate UBW
Fate Heaven's Feel

The first anime is the one that introduces this universe, so this is the one you should watch first. Don't listen to people who say it's shit, just make your own opinion. I found it worth watching. The first half is tedious, but it's the case for every other FSN anime.
As for the rest, the chronological order is the intended order.

More in-depth explanations:
FZ is meant as a prologue to each route of Fate/Stay Night, but ironically it is meant for people who already know FSN. The source material of FZ was released after FSN, so it was meant to be seen after every Route.

BUT that's just the source material.

Ufotable, the studio who's been making Fate animes since FZ, heavily relies on FZ for their following anime. So you should watch FZ before the others.
As for the Studio DEEN anime, you have to watch it before FZ because you have to know at least the characters and the base story to truly understand and appreciate the tragedy of FZ.

PS: Fate/Zero does not spoil Heaven's Feel, it just introduces characters and bits of story that will be part of HF.

EDIT: About the Visual Novel (which is a game, don't mix it up with Light Novels, which are novels), I don't recommend it. The story is much better than in the anime, BUT it's ugly, long and tedious. Also, battles are obviously much better in the anime.
I would advise you play the VN after you watch everything if you want to learn more about that universe.
Dante012Apr 29, 2020 12:51 AM
Everything changes. Even the happy and funny things eventually disappear. How can I still enjoy this place then?
- Furukawa Nagisa (Clannad)

You have to make a choice. Either you give up on your soul for the sake of science, or you give up on science to save your soul. In my case, the soul was already in pieces.
- Lloyd Asplund (Code Geass)

Do you understand the meaning behind Nunnaly's smile? She can't see or walk. So there are things in this world that she knows she can't do alone. Her smile... is her only way to show gratitude.
- Lelouch Vi Britannia (Code Geass)

Death is part of Life.
- ... Me.
Apr 29, 2020 12:48 AM
Oct 2019
Zener said:
KRKodama said:

Assumiing Heavens Feel Trilogy to be a sequel to UBW.Watching Fate/Zero will not ruin its experience right?

Heaven feels is not really a sequel to ubw
Heaven feels is a route, Sakuras route to be exact.
It tells the story from Sakuras POV
Apr 29, 2020 12:51 AM
Jan 2018
If you enjoy reading I recommend the Visual Novel and it is the most recommended entry point to the Fate series, it is the first one, after all.
Personally I loved the VN, it made Fate one of my favorite series, but I will warn you, it's really long.

Here is an in depth guide:
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/wiki/seriesfaq/fate

Short ver:
FSN VN (route order is Fate->UBW->HF) -> F/0 (or Fate/hollow ataraxia VN, they're interchangeable)

After that, it's all spin-offs, so choose whatever you want.
Apr 29, 2020 12:52 AM

Nov 2013
Zener said:
KRKodama said:

It's not a sequel; it's an alternate course of events. Well, now I'm not really sure. Maybe watching Fate/Zero before Heaven's Feel will ruin your experience, especially in what concerns the character Kotomine Kirei. Perhaps the best choice is to watch Fate/Zero after Heaven's Feel, since the writer of Fate/Zero wrote it knowing what happens in Heaven's Feel's route, and there are many references that are better not to be known when reading or watching Heaven's Feel for the first time in order to enjoy it as much as possible.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Apr 29, 2020 1:18 AM

Nov 2019
You messed up when you decided to start with the anime instead of the vn.

Zener said:

Fate/Zero mostly spoils you a certain twist related to Sakura character. I haven't seen the movies yet, so i'm not entirely sure, but i think the second movie has already adapted the moment where this is revealed, so you can start with F/Z after finishing HF II and then wait for the third movie to come.
sneed's feed and seed
formerly chuck's
Apr 29, 2020 1:30 AM

Jul 2016
Don't want to sound rude but there are lots of videos on YT that explain quite clearly what Fate is as well as the order how you should watch it. Alternate universes and spin-offs included.
Apr 29, 2020 1:34 AM

Dec 2018
You’re fine. Just do what everyone is telling you. Finish up UBW with the second season if you haven’t already. (I would also recommend you watch the UBW prologue but if you’ve already watched UBW then it’s not required) Then watch Zero next and then the Heavens Feel movies if you’re interested. Some people have already explained what Heavens Feel is. After that, if you’re really curious about it, you can go back and watch the 2006 Fate adaptation, but I don’t recommend it. After that you can basically go and watch any spinoff you want since none of them are really connected, though be warned that most of them aren’t great. There’s also nothing wrong with reading the VNs and LNs if you want but their not required to enjoy Fate.

Also about you feeling like the characters needed more depth and time, that’s something you’ll probably feel throughout your watch of the series. That’s what happens when 100+ hours of VN content plus a ridiculous amount of lore gets adapted into a 24ish episode anime. Another problem you’ll have to watch through is the 40 minute info dump at the beginning of Zero but once you get past that, you’ll probably have a better time with the rest of the anime.
NuggeyApr 29, 2020 1:38 AM
Meow meow meow meow and meow shogi, meow meow meow meow and meow shogi.

Taking one step a time, I work and try my best.
Though I'm the weakest of the bunch,
Expect from me a good paw punch!
Meow meow pawn, meow shogi.

Apr 29, 2020 2:01 AM
Jul 2018
Everybody messes up their Fate watching experience because every show spoils every other show. Don't sweat it.
Apr 29, 2020 2:04 AM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
Zener said:
So I have been putting off this series for a long time.I don't know why.I decided to start this,checked up on MAL and found Fate/Zero.

Since many have advised not to watch studio deen one I decided to start ufotable Fate/0.I watched first 10 min of first episode and thought something was off.So I decided to check up the watch order.

Now while everyone suggested to play LN,I thought it would take time and resources to achieve that.I found that I should start with UBW(anime) although Fate/0 was a sequel because author intended such.

I have watched ufotable UBW(I felt that characters should have been given more depth and time) and though I have done the mistake what I can do next to enhance my experience.Should I play LN,watch Heaven's feel or Fate/Zero?

I am confused as hell

Firstly, wanted to point out that one plays the VN (visual novel). LN stands for Light novel (book). Fate Zero is a LN and StayNight is a VN. Other than that, I think Unlimited Blade works is garbage and completely agree that the characters could've been better handled. I don't think you messed up, Just watch Fate/Zero season 1 and 2 and then watch the heavens feel trilogy, out of which only 2 are out at the moment.

Apr 29, 2020 2:41 AM

May 2019
Nuggey said:
You’re fine. Just do what everyone is telling you. Finish up UBW with the second season if you haven’t already. (I would also recommend you watch the UBW prologue but if you’ve already watched UBW then it’s not required) Then watch Zero next and then the Heavens Feel movies if you’re interested. Some people have already explained what Heavens Feel is. After that, if you’re really curious about it, you can go back and watch the 2006 Fate adaptation, but I don’t recommend it. After that you can basically go and watch any spinoff you want since none of them are really connected, though be warned that most of them aren’t great. There’s also nothing wrong with reading the VNs and LNs if you want but their not required to enjoy Fate.

Also about you feeling like the characters needed more depth and time, that’s something you’ll probably feel throughout your watch of the series. That’s what happens when 100+ hours of VN content plus a ridiculous amount of lore gets adapted into a 24ish episode anime. Another problem you’ll have to watch through is the 40 minute info dump at the beginning of Zero but once you get past that, you’ll probably have a better time with the rest of the anime.

Thanks,I did not want to get into the LN/VN(even though its the best experience) because of the time duration only.And 100+ hrs is too much for me and do not need to invest so much of my time.
I enjoyed UBW as it is and I am excited to watch Zero.
I also wanted to know if there is a sequel for UBW
Apr 29, 2020 2:49 AM

Dec 2015
You can't mess Fate up, as each route spoils another route.

But when it comes to watching I prefer Zero->Night->UBW->Feel's ->Rest of the fate routes.

I prefer watching Zero as it's the first grail was that happend before Night/UBW and Feels.

As long as you find a order you think is good go with that. As you can watch it in a huge amount of different ways.

https://myanimelist.net/featured/1683/The_Definitive_Guide_to_the_Fate_Series

Apr 29, 2020 5:46 AM

May 2009
Posts #778 to #799 merged from a dupe thread.
Pages (17) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.