Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 23, 2017 1:40 AM

Nov 2010
I hate how caulifa attained super Saiyan 2 just by watching goku transformed into it. Such lazy developement

I'm also annoyed at how Kale turned into a bloodthirsty killing machine that only thinks about destroying goku basically broly in the flesh for an extremely shallow and irrational reason

And the part about kale breaking through super Saiyan blue goku's kamehameha wave is such an unimaginable stretch.again it's such a lazy developement of a power jump

Universal 6 female Saiyans need to get kicked off dbs

2.5/5
The_Nut_CrackerJul 23, 2017 2:04 AM
Jul 23, 2017 2:07 AM
Jan 2010
Ok that was just fucking stupid.
First the cauliflower turns into SS2 after a prep speech and then goku goes on to say that she'll make SS3 once they spar a little bit.
THEN the Super saiyan blue that literal gods had trouble against and was on the verge of DESTROYING THE UNIVERSE just by exchanging blows turns out to be totally worthless against broly AND AFTER THAT the fucking aylien does a normal ki blast on her and blows her out without even changing expression much less break a sweat

Just fucking come on I can take a lot of bullshit from this series but they could at least try to make an effort here.

The explanation is going to be "goku just wasn't taking it seriously lol so his SSB power level was actually just SS1 power LMAOOOOO"
Jul 23, 2017 2:24 AM

Aug 2014
Last weeks episode was pretty good, this weeks' I enjoyed, but perhaps not for the right reasons.

Watching Kale go berserk on Goku was pretty fun, but simultaneously they're really being minimally subtle to the clear Broly reference; from her shouting Goku all the time, to flat out copying Broly's techniques and the bad (actually even worse) motivation to her rage as well. Meanwhile Goku seems like he's trying really hard to not break the fourth wall and adress the familiarity of the situation, because some copyright or some unwritten writer rule is preventing him from it.

The Super Saiyan forms remain a mess and I would honestly prefer if they just stopped bringing up the hierarchy alltogether. It just messes with you and the consistency of the series. To this I'll add, that the series also contradicts the DB-extended universe stuff on the Legendary Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan Berserker form (I guess it's pretty safe to say, that it's the same thing by now and even if the creators of the forms claim otherwise, the difference is in name only); while the extended universe passed it off as an alternative to Super Saiyan 2, later introducing Super Saiyan 3, 4 and God variations of it, Super makes it adaptable and growing in strenght, appearently capable of holding it's own against a Super Saiyan Blue if needed.

And to end my comment on a lighter note; Have the Pride Troopers been just standing there posing for the entirety of the tournament by now or did they all just happen to gather together at the moment Kale went berserk? The stage is pretty big and action is anywhere on the surface. You'd assume they would all be happily immersed in battle by now. There's also no evidence of some big team formation by now.
Thought it was kinda funny.
Jul 23, 2017 2:25 AM
Oct 2016
Was that a reference? O.o
Sentry_1337Jul 23, 2017 2:36 AM
Jul 23, 2017 2:50 AM

Dec 2016
The only part i liked was when Jiren took that b*tch out for christ sakes how the hell did she just take a blue kamehameha without any damage.
Jul 23, 2017 2:54 AM

Jul 2017
Well it was a nice episode.
Jiren is really badass and I just want to see him fight Hitto.
Jul 23, 2017 3:08 AM

Apr 2015
-This episode was average.
Oh God, Kale was annoying as! -.-
Jul 23, 2017 3:11 AM

Mar 2014
Good episode so much fights were covered and the pacing was extremly fast damn.

Guuuys you missing the main point here....BROLY IS NOW CONFIRMED NON CANON!

After the transformation and fighting Vegeta nor Goku recognises Kale's form at all, only refriing it as "The Saiyan's true form".

Honestly you guys getting too much big headed over Kale overpowering Blue, its Android 17 vs Goku SSJB all over again .-.

Jeez remember people SSB is about Ki Control!!! Goku obviously held back a ton
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jul 23, 2017 3:21 AM

Oct 2014
So, yeah... I kinda have lost faith in Super at this point.

The Universe 6 Saiyans learning how to transform into Super Saiyan I could sorta buy for plot convenience, but Caulifla going from Super Saiyan to Super Saiyan 2 in effectively no time at all is just too much. Remember that she went from regular Saiyan to Super Saiyan 2 in less than 40 hours. (At least with Trunks and Goten it happened off screen, so we don't know how long it took them to do it) I also don't think that she's a well written character beyond her ridiculous leap in power.

I don't have any nostalgia for Broly. I seriously don't get the hype, because he's not an interesting character, nor does he actually do anything more interesting than be a no brain force of nature villain. Kale is no different.
Jul 23, 2017 3:27 AM

Feb 2013
I'm a bit mad because they didn't mention Broly, even if he was a movie character, I think that mentioning him and adding a bit of Kale's past would have been nice.
Jul 23, 2017 3:34 AM

Oct 2015
One of the best episodes so far!

Obviously the power scaling might be weird, but I already got used to it.

Also, remember when SSB Goku fought against Krillin?
Goku was obviously holding back again, since the most of the tournament is yet to come. He can't waste power, so he was testing how much she can take. Goku was wrong.
What Jiren was good at is seeing how strong Kale is. He managed to let out just as much power to make her go flying. Probably Goku would have struggled a bit to let out that much power at once, but you get it what I'm saying.

What I don't understand is why is the ring full of debris? I understand the ring gets quite destroyed, but with so much debris on the surface of it, the ring should have enormous craters all over it.

Interesting stuff:

23 combatants are out, 57 are still fighting.

Universe 10 has only 5 fighters left. Perhaps this universe will be the next to get erased.
Jul 23, 2017 3:37 AM

Mar 2014
Also thos who r still complaining about the power scaling in this episode...

Let's start from the Berserk state. We don't know how strong it is, Broly isn't canon. Second, Goku did SSB Kamehameha against KRILLIN. SSB is the perfect control of ki. He can be at whatever level he wants to. Goku almost always underestimates his opponents and wants to let them reach their full potential, he probably didn't do a stronger Kamehameha because he was afraid of killing her. Also after the Kamehameha we see Kale sort of exhausted, but Goku doesn't have a scratch after the fight. It's also possible that the Berserk state just has insane tanking abilities but not similar level of strength.

Now the interesting part here is that Goku in this episode confirms that he knows what the "tingly back" feeling is. I already assumed that was the case, and U7 Saiyans just aren't the types to talk about that. They just want to get stronger. Caulifla is a genius so she wanted to do it with the more scientific approach towards the saiyan genes.

One important thing that people seem to forget is that during the U6 vs U7 tournament Vegeta actually said that Cabba's base form was about on par with his, which is why he was surprised he couldn't reach Super Saiyan. Just because they haven't been able to transform this far doesn't mean they haven't trained their asses off. Cabba is a really strong saiyan, they didn't just randomly pick him to all these tournaments that have been going on. So, when they finally learned about Super Saiyan it makes sense it's easier for people that are that strong in base form already.

Our protagonists were always trying to reach those power levels required for those transformations. Now if Cabba's base form was equal to Vegeta's, and Caulifla is stronger than Cabba, what does that tell you? Basically that she's ready for at least Super Saiyan 2, if not 3 as Goku clearly stated in the episode.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jul 23, 2017 4:17 AM
Jan 2015
Goku vs Caulifla looks similar to
Jul 23, 2017 4:23 AM

Jul 2013
Jeromenciel said:
This episode is full of disappointment, turning to blue and still cannot push kale using kamehameha doesn't make any sense, in that kamehameha scene Goku should've stayed SS2 and it will be much more acceptable that Kale tank it, SSB uses god ki but can't even push a non-god SSBerserker.

Hit and Jiren hype also lost. Only good thing in this episode is Jiren taking care of Kale easily which is what SSB suppose to do from the start, but even that has problem, he already got Kale, why not keep pushing her out the stage with that blast? I mean Kale eliminate one of Jiren's teammate so why save her to fall inside the stage?

Because Cauli came to save her, Hit too came ready to fight, he took his hands of his pockets and Jiren was watching them but then Goku came to interrupt.

And Hit and Cauli retreat with Kale.
Jul 23, 2017 4:31 AM
Jul 2017
I really liked it, I wish there was more to the Caulifla/Goku fight as they looked like they were having fun. Plus when this arc is all done, I hope we see more saiyan fights between U6 and U7.

Seemingly people have forgotten, as mentioned by HueyLion, that Cabba at base was very close to Vegeta base and if Caulifla is stronger than Cabba then its no surprise theyve taken to SS plus she already achieved SS2 a few eps back but by accident, seeing Goku do it, the only other Saiyan shes met who can helps her understand it. Just because we've not seen years of them training doesnt mean that they arent strong Saiyans in their own right plus U6 is stronger generally because the teaser tournament was between U7 and U9 they are told U9 is the weakest followed by U7. In this episode Goku has realised Caulifla's strength by indicating she could very well become SS3 had their fight continued thus meaning she is very strong but just hasnt tapped into her full potential yet.

Now SSB allows Goku to control his Ki perfectly, its why he can be as weak or as strong as he liked, hence Krillin survived a kamehameha from SSB Goku. As such its not an easy judgement on SSB vs Kale SSJ, if you kill them youre a disqualified so naturally you air on the side of caution, plus Kale was noticeably exhausted after tanking the kamahameha whilst Goku didnt have a scratch on him, SSB is very likely stronger but Goku wasnt at full power at that time. Secondly it serves as a plot device to show Jiren as an incredibly strong foe, SSB didnt beat Kale but Jiren did in one attack. Thus showing how powerful Jiren is who is quite possibly on a god level without being a god. Plus Whis has said that theyre are people in different universes who arent gods that are stronger than Beerus, so do not forget the strenght of the universes.

What im excited about though is the Goku/Jiren fight is already happening (sure it might become background for a few eps after a couple of more eps) but it isnt the final fight. Theres still alot of warriors from different universes left and these two are already about to kick it off, we've only lost one universe so far and U6 hasnt even lost a person yet (despite Kale being knocked out but judging by the preview of next week, we could very well be seeing Caulifla getting knocked out. Its all getting very exciting!
Jul 23, 2017 5:12 AM
Feb 2016
If I could, I would give 0/5 for this episode.

Animation ? 0/5. I didn't know that they had egyptian artist in this show, a lot of lazy drawings with no details, shameful proportion, and profile view. Stupid. Not even any power feeling when Jiren beat Kale, he just looks normal.

Scenario ? -5/5. "Hey, do you do that back thing for that Super Saiyen 2" ? After Goten & Trunks ruined SSJ, now Caulifla ruins SSJ, SSJDND, SSJDSD and SSJ2 at the same time, impressive. Also, the legendary super saiyen became a yandere, that's stupid as fuck. Base form level doesn't matter, otherwise show me the proof. Gohan is half terrian, half saiyan, that's why he has a good potential, that's just bad writing we are seeing right now. And Goku tells Caulifla how to transform just like this, so don't say there is no difference, they even have the same form. I could go even further : Goku is stronger than her, we see that easily. And Vegeta is also a genius, saying "Genius" all the time is just a bad writting excuse that doesn't work AT ALL. That just means that Goku and Vegeta were stupid since all this time, that they could just go SS & SS2 right after they discovered how to transform, hell, it means that they didn't even need to really transform, since that's just plain EASY !

Tournament gestion ? -10/5. Goku and the others can talk freely, that's not the brawl we were waiting for. Two fighter can take their time to freely beat up Kale, there isn't any Battle Royal after 3 episode. Only Hit really does what he should do.

Should I talk about how stupid it is to have this transformation stronger than SSB Goku ? So that crab thing could have beaten up Goku too I guess ! And that means SSL > SSB. Don't say that he wasn't full power, nothing say that, and Kale doesn't even have a scratch, in fact, she unleashes even more power just after that. You people are comparing that to that friendly training with Krillin ? How foolish.

Strongest universe 3 warrior, thrown out by Cabba in base form, and Narirama thrown out at the start of the tournament, who the fuck wants that ? What is the point of bringing so much characters if only the one we know and universe 11 ends up being interesting ?

Should I talk about the fights by the way ? Random punch, random kick, with no power impression. Random blasts. Nothing special. That's not Dragon Ball.

Stupid episode, I got my hope too high for this arc, the manga is FAAAAAR better. Not even any trace of the Dragon Ball's spirit, that freaking sad !
MenInBlackJul 23, 2017 5:24 AM
Jul 23, 2017 5:20 AM

May 2017
this episode was hot trash

the estimated budget for this episode = 5 bucks

animation 0/10
pacing 2/10

+ kale is fucking annoying as fuck
Jul 23, 2017 5:26 AM

Jun 2016
StardustReverie said:
First the cauliflower turns into SS2 after a prep speech and then goku goes on to say that she'll make SS3 once they spar a little bit.
THEN the Super saiyan blue that literal gods had trouble against and was on the verge of DESTROYING THE UNIVERSE just by exchanging blows turns out to be totally worthless against broly AND AFTER THAT the fucking aylien does a normal ki blast on her and blows her out without even changing expression much less break a sweat

Just fucking come on I can take a lot of bullshit from this series but they could at least try to make an effort here.

The explanation is going to be "goku just wasn't taking it seriously lol so his SSB power level was actually just SS1 power LMAOOOOO"

Gohan got ssj2 easy as well. Idk about her going 3 tho.

Goku only used blue for a few seconds, she tanked a ki blast so what? She had all that energy accumulated which should let her tank a few attacks until unleashing the obtained energy.
If Goku really tried to fight her instead of only using. Kamehameha it would have been different.

And Goku even after getting beat up as ssj2 he didn't even got damaged, he walked away like nothing happened so kale is not strong enough to damage him.

If Jiren had attacked Kale before she unleashed all that energy he wouldn't have done shit to her.
Jiren attacked her just after she threw all the accumulated energy away to attack everyone, so she was weak for a few moments in which Jiren took the chance and finished her before she accumulated more energy.

I don't know about you but it actually makes sense.
Jul 23, 2017 6:14 AM
May 2012
IcyGlacier said:
StardustReverie said:

Goku only used blue for a few seconds, she tanked a ki blast so what? She had all that energy accumulated which should let her tank a few attacks until unleashing the obtained energy.
If Goku really tried to fight her instead of only using. Kamehameha it would have been different.

And Goku even after getting beat up as ssj2 he didn't even got damaged, he walked away like nothing happened so kale is not strong enough to damage him.

If Jiren had attacked Kale before she unleashed all that energy he wouldn't have done shit to her.
Jiren attacked her just after she threw all the accumulated energy away to attack everyone, so she was weak for a few moments in which Jiren took the chance and finished her before she accumulated more energy.

I don't know about you but it actually makes sense.

how the fck did gohan get ssj2 easily? he trained with goku quite an enormous time in that chamber...and got a glimpse of ssj2 during training...he got full ssj2 during cell fight...while caulifla an arrogant bitch goes ssj2 by...just yelling...no reason whatsoever...no comment about kale...that was pure garbage...imo I think Goku's first transformation is the only logical one...the rest...are forced af...
Jul 23, 2017 6:34 AM

Oct 2014
HueyLion said:
Caulifla is a genius so she wanted to do it with the more scientific approach towards the saiyan genes.

Genius? I would agree that she's akin to Goku, being essentially a martial arts savant, but genius? No. She's a blockhead with a knack for fighting. That whole bit about using a scientific approach you grabbed out of thin air.

Mango157 said:
Seemingly people have forgotten, as mentioned by HueyLion, that Cabba at base was very close to Vegeta base and if Caulifla is stronger than Cabba then its no surprise theyve taken to SS ...

It's not so much that it's forgotten, but that it's not a proven relevant factor. There's never been an indication that there's any strength requirement for achieving SSJ state, as proven by Trunks and Goten, since they assumedly were still far weaker in SSJ state than Goku was when he first achieved it. The fact that Goku and Vegeta kept rising in power as they unlocked more SSJ states is just a result of them being obsessed with becoming stronger in general. It's not an indicator that the states required that level of strength.

Mango157 said:
plus she already achieved SS2 a few eps back

A few eps back is still just a matter of a day or so.
Jul 23, 2017 6:41 AM

Dec 2010
Broly is already lame as fuck, this ripoff is way worse.
Why this character even exist?
The last couple episodes were cool, unlike most episodes since that stupid SSJ Ikari that Trunks pulled out of his ass,
Then we get this...
Jul 23, 2017 7:05 AM
Oct 2016
I mean it's hard to have a problem with Kale becoming stronger than Goku through a transformation when you have characters like Hit and Jiren who seem to be stronger than Goku because they just are.
Jul 23, 2017 7:42 AM

Sep 2014
After Vegeta called Goku kakarott she should have called him KAAAKAAAAROOOOTT atleast once. Fanservice.
Also did you guys notice Gokus nose in the first half? Lol garbage quality is back.

I still dont like Kale, I really really dislike her character. In general the way how fast the guys from her universe got so strong so quick annoys me. Makes the whole DBZ archs sort of useless. Rage fueled transformation of goku - just focus on your back.
Gohans tearful transformation because he wanted to protect the life on earth. - Hm lets see if I can do this too!

Still no sign of Freezer, I hope we get a dedicated episode of him first. He is arguably the strongest fighter there (estimating he is on par with/stronger then goku but can hold his form longer. Also hes more evil and will backstab you)
Also from the preview it looks like next week will be minor characters and not Jiren vs Goku.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 23, 2017 7:48 AM

Mar 2016
A 5/10...

-The first wrong thing, the biggest problem is Goku saying Caulifla can go SSJ3 in less than the 48 minutes of the tournament? Wtf? Why not reunite all the Saiyajins on the ring and make them all gods too? Why not? Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Cabba are pure hearted Saiyajins for sure... If Caulifla and Kale are too, why not start make them all gods...?
-When Goku mentioned SSJ3, I was hoping SSJ3 Goku vs SS Berserk or wtf that is Kale but no! Blue again! So what was the point of that speech about energy and stamina 2 or 3 episodes ago?
-Caulifla completely ignoring Kale was stupid! After so many episodes watching her personality I really doubt she would do that.
-And that is probably the true form of the Super Saiyajin transformation? They are writting this in a way they will say it's a legendary one... You'll see!
-The words "Son" and "Goku" where the only text in the screen for 5 minutes... -.-
-Berserk is stronger than Blue? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
-The Pride Troopers do not tolerate violance? They're in a fckng Battle Royal!

And I was hoping a Hit vs Jiren before Goku face him but Hit made probably the best decision...

Let me just say that despite the shit score that I give to this show, I still think that this could have been great if it were carefully planned from the beginning and the writting wasn't so shit... I mean, the dialogues are shit!

But who cares? It's Dragon Ball... It only need great fights, right?

(I enjoy DB... That's way I still watch it!)

IcyGlacier said:

Gohan got SSJ2 easily? Wtf? Did you even watched DBZ? If it weren't for 16, Gohan would never have tapped into that kind of power LMAOOOO...
Jul 23, 2017 8:25 AM

Apr 2015
Well Kale was pathetic AF this episode. Really enjoyed the fight between Goku and the little girl. She is kinda cute in ssj mode XD.
Jul 23, 2017 8:43 AM

Mar 2010
Was expecting more from kale. I guess not being able to control the power is its one and only weakness.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 23, 2017 9:47 AM

Sep 2014
Worst episode ever. Or how to erase in twenty minutes the trajectory of the super saiyan concept and one of the best villains in the entire series.

Really sad and hard to believe.
Jul 23, 2017 10:30 AM

Aug 2014
Zaregoto said:
That moment when Broly isn't canon but this sad excuse of a ripoff is lmao

For real. They should've just made Broly U6 instead of this random girl that has the form. Could've even added Paragus and expand a Saiyan backstory with U6.

GT > Super confirmed lol.

I've enjoyed Super but goodness I'm gonna have to dumb myself down from here on out I guess.
Jul 23, 2017 10:35 AM

Nov 2012
So can anyone tell me what's the point of SS Blue if it's supposed to be more efficient and stronger than regular super saiyan yet they don't use it and it's still weaker than female super saiyan Broly..
Jul 23, 2017 11:07 AM
Oct 2016
Mango157 said:

Now SSB allows Goku to control his Ki perfectly, its why he can be as weak or as strong as he liked, hence Krillin survived a kamehameha from SSB Goku.

No, he can't.

That's a common head-canon going around since Whis said that base Vegeta was leaking ki.

There was never any mention of SSB having perfect ki control in the story.

In Episode 38 it was said SSB burns a lot of stamina, in episode 98 they mention it again, so it will be nice if people stop spreading misinformation.

The need to defend awful writing is sad, it's like some people think awful writing is a myth or something.

Still, while Goku Vs Krillin and Goku Vs #17 are bad writing examples, Goku Vs Kale is not.
Jul 23, 2017 11:14 AM

Oct 2014
SSJ4Life said:
Still, while Goku Vs Krillin and Goku Vs #17 are bad writing examples, Goku Vs Kale is not.

Eh, I'd beg to differ. At the very least not bad for the same reasons.
Jul 23, 2017 11:25 AM
Jul 2017
Cant wait for Goku's new form
Jul 23, 2017 11:49 AM

May 2015
So Brolly screams KAKAROT all the time!

Kale screams SON GOKU all the time!

Some scenes in this episode was very bad.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 23, 2017 11:53 AM

Jun 2016
azertyY said:
A 5/10...

-The first wrong thing, the biggest problem is Goku saying Caulifla can go SSJ3 in less than the 48 minutes of the tournament? Wtf? Why not reunite all the Saiyajins on the ring and make them all gods too? Why not? Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Cabba are pure hearted Saiyajins for sure... If Caulifla and Kale are too, why not start make them all gods...?
-When Goku mentioned SSJ3, I was hoping SSJ3 Goku vs SS Berserk or wtf that is Kale but no! Blue again! So what was the point of that speech about energy and stamina 2 or 3 episodes ago?
-Caulifla completely ignoring Kale was stupid! After so many episodes watching her personality I really doubt she would do that.
-And that is probably the true form of the Super Saiyajin transformation? They are writting this in a way they will say it's a legendary one... You'll see!
-The words "Son" and "Goku" where the only text in the screen for 5 minutes... -.-

And I was hoping a Hit vs Jiren before Goku face him but Hit made probably the best decision...

Let me just say that despite the shit score that I give to this show, I still think that this could have been great if it were carefully planned from the beginning and the writting wasn't so shit... I mean, the dialogues are shit!

IcyGlacier said:

Gohan got SSJ2 easily? Wtf? Did you even watched DBZ? If it weren't for 16, Gohan would never have tapped into that kind of power LMAOOOO...

You're wrong, Gohan unlocked ssj2 power in the time chamber 1 training session and 8 months.

Similarities to Super:
Goku teached Gohan SSJ1 the same way Vegeta teached Cabba.

After Gohan unlocked ssj1 and trained for 20 hours against Goku, he unlocked ssj2 power for 3 seconds,here Goku knew Gohan had the power to beat Cell, if Gohan didn't unlock ssj2 in the chamber why would Goku say that Gohan was able to beat cell? Lol.

Caulifla was already an experienced and strong fighter before obtaining SSJ1 unlike Gohan who was weak and inexperienced.

Caulifla got SSJ2 that same day but she didn't know how to do it, she got it the same way Gohan got it in the time chamber.

Unlike Gohan, caulifla had it easier for ssj2 because she had Goku to show her the transformation.

Kale stronger than blue? That makes no sense, we didn't even got to see him fight her, he just used a Kamehameha and called it.

Even after that bearing from kale to Goku as ssj2 we can see that she didn't do anything to him, he was happy and undamaged at the end of the Episode which means that kale doesn't have enough power to beat Goku.

Jiren only defeated her at the end because she had unleashed all the power she accumulated so she was already weak enough. If he had tried using that blast when Goku used the Kamehameha he wouldn't have done shit to her lol.

@MarianSony11 with easy I mean he got it really fast unlike Goku and Vegeta.
And you gotta keep in mind that unlike Gohan who was weak and inexperienced caulifla was strong and experienced before obtaining the forms so that makes it easier for her, and Gohan was a kid.
IcyGlacierJul 23, 2017 12:04 PM
Jul 23, 2017 12:13 PM

Jun 2010
The_Nut_Cracker said:
I hate how caulifa attained super Saiyan 2 just by watching goku transformed into it. Such lazy developement

I'm also annoyed at how Kale turned into a bloodthirsty killing machine that only thinks about destroying goku basically broly in the flesh for an extremely shallow and irrational reason

And the part about kale breaking through super Saiyan blue goku's kamehameha wave is such an unimaginable stretch.again it's such a lazy developement of a power jump

Universal 6 female Saiyans need to get kicked off dbs

2.5/5

Maybe you should just stop watching instead of complaining every episode in and episode out.

I still laugh every time an OG DBZ fanboy starts crying about how the new Caulifa has pretty much shown up every potato saiyan of U7 on what she can do. She is a pure fighting prodigy and they can't accept that. Is it so hard to believe that there could just be someone better out there and on another level than your favorite character? U6 is also ranked higher than U7 btw.. so their Saiyan's are already superior at least at the base level of power. It's not so hard to believe that they could turn SSJ1/2 easily.. they just needed to be shown how. BTW, remember all the SSJ forms were already child's play back in DBZ anyways lol... if you want to all spew 'lazy writing' start from there.
WallenwhatsitJul 23, 2017 12:16 PM

Jul 23, 2017 12:23 PM
Oct 2016
LuZeke said:

SSJ4Life said:

Eh, I'd beg to differ. At the very least not bad for the same reasons.

SSB Goku Vs Krillin was 100% senseless, even normal SS should've been a lot for Krillin, yet he temporarily push a SSB kamehameha.

SSB Goku Vs #17 had a human with cybernetics that only had more power than SS Goku (Android saga) and with no special training facing years later Goku, who went beyond SS 5 times and had a lot of training impossible to have on Earth.

Kale is a LSS, the only example we had was non-canon, so this is uncharted territory.

OneNaughtyBear said:

And it would be cool if Kale said Kakarot like the OG Broly instead of calling him Son Goku

#1) It wouldn't have made sense.

#2) You didn't got enough Broly nods?

Those are abundant.

KaiserNazrin said:

Broly is confirmed not canon.

No confirmation was needed, he's from a DBZ movie that wasn't written by Toriyama.
Jul 23, 2017 12:27 PM

Feb 2015
imouto_san said:
She is a pure fighting prodigy

She isn't. She just got assigned a ridiculous power level by the writers for the sole purpose of making U6 slightly more competitive, and that's it.

imouto_san said:
U6 is also ranked higher than U7 btw.. so their Saiyan's are already superior at least at the base level of power. It's not so hard to believe that they could turn SSJ1/2 easily..

But it is. First, because universe ranking hasn't been explained properly. They just arbitrarily claimed U6 was higher than U7, not saying by how much. Second, it would then be more logical for their base forms to be stronger than U7's base forms, not that they are able to much more easily achieve a higher form. Third, the Saiyans in U6 have already been shown to not be nearly as much of a fighter's race than those from U7, which means there's no reason they should be this adept at it.
The tingly feeling in the neck method is just an excuse to get past the extreme emotions requirement. Vegeta lost his life to Frieza without achieving Super Saiyan, and he was raging with emotions in his last fight. It makes no sense for a these nobodies that aren't like the warrior race in U7 to get it so easily, except by receiving convenient shortcuts from the writers.

imouto_san said:
BTW, remember all the SSJ forms were already child's play back in DBZ anyways lol... if you want to all spew 'lazy writing' start from there.

Actually, they weren't. It took Goku an immense amount of punishment to be pushed into Super Saiyan transformation for the first time. Vegeta didn't even make it before dying once, and after that he had to train under harsh conditions to achieve it. Gohan was trained for a year by Goku in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, where they did nothing but practice.
The only cheap transformations in DBZ were by Goten and kid Trunks.
Jul 23, 2017 1:22 PM

Oct 2014
IcyGlacier said:

You're wrong, Gohan unlocked ssj2 power in the time chamber 1 training session and 8 months.

Similarities to Super:

After Gohan unlocked ssj1 and trained for 20 hours against Goku, he unlocked ssj2 power for 3 seconds,here Goku knew Gohan had the power to beat Cell, if Gohan didn't unlock ssj2 in the chamber why would Goku say that Gohan was able to beat cell? Lol.

Caulifla was already an experienced and strong fighter before obtaining SSJ1 unlike Gohan who was weak and inexperienced.

Caulifla got SSJ2 that same day but she didn't know how to do it, she got it the same way Gohan got it in the time chamber.

Unlike Gohan, caulifla had it easier for ssj2 because she had Goku to show her the transformation.

I actually went back and checked the scenes where Goku and Gohan train in the Time Chamber and none of the things you claim are accurate aside from Caulifla being more experienced than Gohan was in the Time Chamber.

She is a pure fighting prodigy and they can't accept that. Is it so hard to believe that there could just be someone better out there and on another level than your favorite character?

It's not about favourites, it's about poor writing and inconsistency. Achieving SSJ has always, ALWAYS, included some severe struggle in some form (again, we don't know the specifics of Goten and Trunks, so they remain an anomaly). Caulifla achieving it is more "just because" than anything. It's plot contrivance. And just to nip the second part of that quote in the bud, I had absolutely no issues with Hit being as strong as he was, because he came as is. He already was strong and how he got to that point was never shown. Caulifla on the other hand is shown to already be strong, which is fine, but then is "powered up" in a ridiculous time span, just to play catch up with the main cast.
LuZekeJul 23, 2017 1:34 PM
Jul 23, 2017 1:38 PM
Mar 2015
What I got from the episode:

1. Instant Transmission is not limited to a single universe
2. Broly is finally confirmed not canon
3. SSB is pathetic.
4. Because of SSB's new status its highly likely Goku will get a new form or technique because Goku has to hold his own against Jiren if not win.
Jul 23, 2017 1:38 PM

Jan 2016
Toei never fails to impress. Everything about this arc, this episode was far worse than anything we have seen so far. 10/10 on consistency.

Terrible writing
Terrible plot progression
Terrible art
Terrible animation
Terrible OST
Terrible voice acting
Terrible characters
Terrible story
Full of holes

Lovin' it <3
Jul 23, 2017 1:44 PM

Mar 2016
IcyGlacier said:
azertyY said:
A 5/10...

Similarities to Super:

Kale stronger than blue? That makes no sense, we didn't even got to see him fight her, he just used a Kamehameha and called it.

Even after that bearing from kale to Goku as ssj2 we can see that she didn't do anything to him, he was happy and undamaged at the end of the Episode which means that kale doesn't have enough power to beat Goku.

Jiren only defeated her at the end because she had unleashed all the power she accumulated so she was already weak enough. If he had tried using that blast when Goku used the Kamehameha he wouldn't have done shit to her lol.
Isn't that scene from the time chamber filler? (I haven't readed the manga...)

Ghan was what? 9, 10, 11 years old during the Cell Saga? He already face Raditz, Vegeta and Nappa, The Ginyu Force, Frieza and now the androids... So, he's weak and inexperienced? Seems legit.
The Dragon Ball wikia is down so I don't know how old Caulifla is but she should be much older than Gohan was at the time...

So, just because Goku showed her SSJ2 is much easier? She saw Blue too didn't she? I didn't see her try to tap in to it!
Besides, Gohan is half saiyajins, so it should be much harder for her to go SSJ2 because, as far as I know, like Goten and Trunk did, SSJ is not a problem for half or even full Saiyajins but SSJ2 is like a marker... It's not something that you can tap because you have potencial or the will...
Another point is Vegeta! Vegeta trained like HELL after SEEING GOHAN SSJ2 and (as far as I understood) wasn't able to tap to that dam power up!

Kamehameha + Blue is much more than a simple Kamehameha! If it was a simple Kamehameha, why go Blue? Besides, what is the point of going Blue if you hold back like 95% of your power? Use Kaioken instead!

She's a copy of Broly! She even made the same possess and attack from Movie 8!
Her power does not lower, gets higher! The more she uses it, the stronger she gets... That's how Broly is...

Luka-SJ said:
Toei never fails to impress. Everything about this arc, this episode was far worse than anything we have seen so far. 10/10 on consistency.

Terrible writing
Terrible art
Terrible animation
Terrible OST
Terrible voice acting
Terrible characters
Terrible story
Full of holes

Lovin' it <3
Dam son! So much hate!
Let me re-write that:
Terrible Horrible Horrific writing
Good art
Meh animation
Good OST's
Good voice acting
Terrible characters
Terrible story
Full of full holes
azertz99Jul 23, 2017 1:50 PM
Jul 23, 2017 2:11 PM

Jan 2015
Hit seems so dumbass lol.
Jul 23, 2017 2:20 PM
Jul 2017
It was an alright episode. Tbh it felt the whole goku vs kale fight was to show her similarities not only to broly but to hulk as well. The writers probably added absorbing abilities to Super saiyan berserker form. Reasons why after kale was hit with SSB kamehameha she only unleashed more energy.

The hit vs jiren hype was implied because it seems that hit has probably encountered jiren in the past and knows of his power. He traveled to U7 to kill goku after the tournament so it might not be just a theory.

Also about U6 saiyans they are obviously going with a more scientific approach rather than tirelessly fighting until theu stumble accross it. Since they were able to see the transformation unlike goku and vegeta, it was easier for them to transform. Another reason why goten and trunks were able to do it at such a young age.

Btw is it just me or does the pride trooper remind you of the justic league and isnt that the universe with the clown god who reminds me of the joker? Clever yet subtle lol
Jul 23, 2017 3:37 PM

Jun 2016
LuZeke said:
IcyGlacier said:

Similarities to Super:

I actually went back and checked the scenes where Goku and Gohan train in the Time Chamber and none of the things you claim are accurate aside from Caulifla being more experienced than Gohan was in the Time Chamber.
LuZeke said:
IcyGlacier said:

Similarities to Super:

?

How is the caulifla thing my only accurate thing?
I checked the manga again and Gohan got ssj1 the same way vegeta teached cabba, how is that not accurate?

And before commenting I went to the Anime and Manga to confirm my facts, It doesnt happen in the time Goku Trains with Gohan it happens when Gohan turns SSJ2 against Cell in which Goku states that Gohan unlocked such power in the time chamber for a brief moment and in the Anime they took the chance to add a flashback scene of Gohan doing the same thing Goku said in the manga, Unlocked the power for the ssj2.

And Another thing that proves the Point is that Goku Knew that Gohan had the power to beat Cell, and Gohan SSJ1 wasnt enough for that, so it makes no sense for Goku to be confident in Gohan if he only had the power of a ssj1, He knew that he had the power to beat cell because As Goku said, Gohan unlocked the power of a ssj2 in the time chamber.

Jul 23, 2017 3:53 PM

Oct 2016
azertyY said:
IcyGlacier said:

Similarities to Super:

Ghan was what? 9, 10, 11 years old during the Cell Saga? He already face Raditz, Vegeta and Nappa, The Ginyu Force, Frieza and now the androids... So, he's weak and inexperienced? Seems legit.
The Dragon Ball wikia is down so I don't know how old Caulifla is but she should be much older than Gohan was at the time...

So, just because Goku showed her SSJ2 is much easier? She saw Blue too didn't she? I didn't see her try to tap in to it!
Besides, Gohan is half saiyajins, so it should be much harder for her to go SSJ2 because, as far as I know, like Goten and Trunk did, SSJ is not a problem for half or even full Saiyajins but SSJ2 is like a marker... It's not something that you can tap because you have potencial or the will...
Another point is Vegeta! Vegeta trained like HELL after SEEING GOHAN SSJ2 and (as far as I understood) wasn't able to tap to that dam power up!

Kamehameha + Blue is much more than a simple Kamehameha! If it was a simple Kamehameha, why go Blue? Besides, what is the point of going Blue if you hold back like 95% of your power? Use Kaioken instead!

Her power does not lower, gets higher! The more she uses it, the stronger she gets... That's how Broly is...

Luka-SJ said:

Terrible writing
Terrible art
Terrible animation
Terrible OST
Terrible voice acting
Terrible characters
Terrible story
Full of holes

Lovin' it <3
Dam son! So much hate!
Let me re-write that:
Good art
Meh animation
Good OST's
Good voice acting
Terrible characters
Terrible story
Full of full holes

I think you are judging things 2 fast lol, its better to think of what happened before talking no sense e.e

I just checked the Manga and Anime and he is right, Goku Said in the manga after gohan obtained SSJ2 vs Cell, that in the time chamber Gohan unlocked an amazing power able to beat cell with no problems, he didnt know it was the power of a ssj2 since it had no name but it was the same power gohan got when he transformed into a ssj2 against Cell.

In the Anime, Goku said the exact Line as in the manga but they added a flashback to the line showcasing the power with the lighting of a ssj2.

But idk why you talking about this when the ssj2 of Caulifla Happened like 2 months ago lol.

And Gohan was indeed weak and young before training with Goku, He had no clue on how to fight until Goku Teached him and I guess with inexperienced he meant that he doesnt know anything about fighting or battles since he wasnt even trained properly, he didnt do much with Piccolo either.
Jul 23, 2017 4:28 PM

Jun 2016
azertyY said:
IcyGlacier said:

Similarities to Super:

Luka-SJ said:

Terrible writing
Terrible art
Terrible animation
Terrible OST
Terrible voice acting
Terrible characters
Terrible story
Full of holes

Lovin' it <3
Dam son! So much hate!
Let me re-write that:
Good art
Meh animation
Good OST's
Good voice acting
Terrible characters
Terrible story
Full of full holes

I checked and the scene is not Filler wouldnt make sense for Goku to think that Gohan can beat Cell if Gohan hadnt shown that power to beat Cell inside the Chamber.

Gohan Face all these enemies but at the end he didnt even know how to fight and wasnt doing much to them unless he raged for something bad happening.
His Power was not that Big back in Namek, He was 10 years before training with Goku.

But in Super it is stated that Caulifla was an Experienced Fighting, Genius and clearly way stronger and older compared to Gohan before training with Goku.

About Goku Showing the SSJ2, you got that wrong, you jumped to that conclusion way 2 fast.
Caulifla already had the Power of a SSJ2 but didnt know about it or how to control it, But Goku showing her the transformation made it easier for Her, If Goku had the SSJ2 form in the Cell Saga, it would have been easier for Gohan as well.
Another Example is when Goten and Trunks saw the Transformation of the SSJ3, Since Gotenks had already alot of power because its a fusion he only needed to find away to do the SSJ3 form Goku Showed them, So you Usually need to have x Power to try to tap into the form.

Again you didnt need to say that Part of why didnt she tap into SSJB, since you clearly know that she cant, First of you need to have God KI, and then you need to learn how to control it. Theres no way in hell you can tap into it by just seeing it.

Yes Gohan is half Saiyan but Caulifla is not the same as Goku and Vegeta either, they dont even have tail and their Body is thinner, thats a Huge difference you cannot avoid.
And About Vegeta you gotta keep in mind that he actually never really trained until he came to earth after the Namek Saga lol.

She is Like Broly but She is stronger!, in fact, her Form has the chance to be stronger than SSJG!
If you know how Broly works, he has infinite energy but HE NEEDS TO GET RID OF SAID ENERGY when he cant control it anymore otherwise he will explode and die, so even with infinite energy, he cant use all the power because he cannot control it.

After Broly gets rid of the energy he becomes a bit weaker until he recharges more energy , this is when Jiren attacks and its effective, if he had attacked before Kale unleashed all the energy, he Wouldnt have done anything to her.
And if this is wrong then the most logical explanation is that Jiren made Kale eat that energy up causing her to overcharge and explode for not being able to control all that energy.

And you cannot say Goku was weaker when he wasnt even Damaged, he walked it off like nothing happened to him, He never had real issues against Kale.
Jul 23, 2017 4:48 PM

Jul 2013
Really nice episode. Muten Roshi showed again his very long experience as a fighter. It's true Krillin is out but they're still 9 people and they should be warned not to be distracted by anything. That diss by 17 and 18 at Krillin was funny :D

I saw the build up coming for Kale. First getting beaten by thos random fighters and Caulifla rescuing her at the last second. I don't know, it was a little bit weird to see Caulifla so muscle pumped like Goku, Trunks or Vegeta back in the Cell saga. Her fight with Goku in SS2 form was nice to watch, she learns pretty fast to control her energy.

And finally Kale showed her true form. Goku, Vegeta or most likely everyone else was surprised. I wonder if Kale reminded Goku and Vegeta on Broly. Like some people here mentioned that Kamehameha at Kale was a sweet fan service :)
And I also don't think Goku used a lot of power there.

Damn Jiren is no joke. He used one KI blast and knocked Kale out. That's impressive. Even Hit immediately understood how strong Jiren is. And now it seems we will see Goku vs Jiren? That will be so epic. Next episode Jirens troup will make their move.

That will be another looong week to wait for this episode.^^
Natsu88Jul 23, 2017 4:52 PM

Jul 23, 2017 5:24 PM

Apr 2017
LeMasta said:

gotta please the Broly fans
Trust me, Broly fans aren't pleased...they wanted Broly, not some chick on hormone replaces
Jul 23, 2017 6:08 PM

Mar 2014
I honestly thought by this point that everyone would have accepted that the super saiyan transformations aren't as special as they used to be and moved on.

For me it was watching Trunks and Goten transform along with Vegeta's reaction to this that made me just say that ssj isn't anything special anymore.
Jul 23, 2017 6:47 PM
Aug 2014
(Without having read the thread, here are my thoughts).

The action in this episode was terrific, but there were inconsistencies that really made this episode bittersweet. Ultimately this episode stole from Broly: Legendary Super Saiyan without acknowledging its existence. Besides that, Kale's power level was completely inconsistent and her lack of backstory made her feel insignificant and random. For my complete analysis: https://thefletchzone.wordpress.com/2017/07/24/dbs-legendary-let-down/
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

57 by TheColonel76 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 62 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2016

93 by Hayley2877 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 60 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2016

98 by Hayley2877 »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2015

79 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 9:44 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

95 by Daninokuni »»
Apr 15, 9:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.