Forum Settings
Forums

Final 'Fairy Tail' Anime Series Announced for 2018

New
Jul 20, 2017 9:10 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Manga author Hiro Mashima has announced on his Twitter account on Friday that the final TV anime series of Fairy Tail will air in 2018. The manga will publish its final chapter on July 26.

Fairy Tail has been serialized in Weekly Shounen Magazine since 2006 and currently has over 60 million copies in print worldwide. The series won the 33rd Kodansha Manga Award for shounen manga and also the Japan Expo Award in 2009. It has inspired multiple anime adaptations; including a 175-episode TV series, a 102-episode sequel, two OVA series, two anime films, several spin-off manga, and a side story novel series.

Prior to becoming defunct, Del Rey Manga published the first 12 volumes of the manga in English in North America. Kodansha Comics USA resumed its publication with the 13th volume in 2011. Funimation licensed the anime for North American distribution and has been releasing the series on Blu-ray and DVD since April 2013.

Source: Hachima Kikou

Fairy Tail (2018) on MAL
VindstotApr 5, 2018 5:31 PM

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 20, 2017 9:14 AM
Jul 2018
It isn't too surprising given that the manga ended this week as well as having that movie around too. There were signs so... yeah, there's that.

Second, they're going to adapt "that" arc which is pretty much the downhill point to where FT doesn't become remotely a guilty pleasure of mine anymore. In some sense its still my guilty pleasure but its rather painful to go through, so HOPEFULLY maybe with the anime form since you have the OST and production value it can make it somewhat tolerable. It still doesn't cover anything really, but I'm just saying.

Though I can't wait for it for some reason, but I can be patient for 2018 since we have one season left to get to that year (I think it'll be around Spring to probably summer... Just speculating).
Jul 20, 2017 9:14 AM

Nov 2011
Welp, it was a matter of time. This turned out to be the author's big announcement this week and not least surprised. I'm guessing they'll also add in some filler episodes/scenes in between.
Jul 20, 2017 9:17 AM
Jul 2018
Stark700 said:
Welp, it was a matter of time. This turned out to be the author's big announcement this week and not least surprised. I'm guessing they'll also add in some filler episodes/scenes in between.

If they're going to add fillers (which I discussed this before with a friend of mine), at least make the fillers somewhat tolerable, because last season's fillers were just horrible to get through and its not even funny.

Hopefully they can do that bit favor but I highly doubt it.
Jul 20, 2017 9:27 AM
Dec 2011
Aw yeah!!! This is what I've waited for. I'm soooo excited!!!! :)
Jul 20, 2017 9:28 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Well it's looks like I won't start getting into the anime anytime soon.
Jul 20, 2017 9:31 AM

Sep 2015
I hope they change some part like

Oh well i hope its well animated and good ost for some epic battle

Symphyon said:
Stark700 said:

If they're going to add fillers (which I discussed this before with a friend of mine), at least make the fillers somewhat tolerable, because last season's fillers were just horrible to get through and its not even funny.

Hopefully they can do that bit favor but I highly doubt it.

Filler will be X vs X like Naruto Shippuden on ninja war
just give some character more screen time
Into the Internet!
Jul 20, 2017 9:34 AM

Dec 2014
As an anime-only, this is great news for me. Will look forward to it.
Jul 20, 2017 9:41 AM

Jun 2014
I knew it, and that's why I thought it was dumb for people to assume this would get the Bleach treatment.

Well the manga is pretty much over so this news isn't surprising, and now we get to see the bullshit of the final arc in animated format. Should be fun to relive that all over again lol.

I'm predicting either Winter 2018 or Spring at the latest for this.

Lelouch0202 said:

Just warning you now, prepare for A LOT of bullshit. I won't try to ruin your excitement, but be ready to facepalm a lot during the final arc. I hope you have a strong forehead lol.
thebrentinator24Jul 20, 2017 10:02 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 20, 2017 9:46 AM

Mar 2017
Can't wait for this!
Jul 20, 2017 9:47 AM

Jul 2015
To be honest I don't care about this anime
But i want to see the reaction of salty shippers hehe
Jul 20, 2017 9:53 AM

Dec 2014
thebrentinator24 said:

Lelouch0202 said:

Just warning you now, prepare for A LOT of bullshit. I won't try to ruin your excitement, but be ready to facepalm a lot during the final arc. I hope you have a strong forehead lol.

I've heard a lot regarding the amount of asspulls and stuff post the Tartarus arc, but I guess I'm still interested in seeing what's gonna happen. I'll probably get through just fine, at least I hope so.
Jul 20, 2017 9:55 AM

Mar 2012
tragedydesu said:
All of the main ship sail smoothly if you are wondering.

Anyway for the anime itself I'm only here for more Zeref and Mavis moment as the most beautifully tragic pairing in this series.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jul 20, 2017 9:59 AM
Jul 2018
tragedydesu said:

Don't really care about the romance part of it myself but I do wanna see the salt though :T but I highly doubt there would be salt here.
Jul 20, 2017 10:01 AM

Jul 2013
I hope they will make the fights look better at least.
Jul 20, 2017 10:04 AM

Oct 2015
Wuhu finnaly !!!!!! Cant wait for it to start :P
Jul 20, 2017 10:05 AM

Jul 2015
Symphyon said:
tragedydesu said:

Don't really care about the romance part of it myself but I do wanna see the salt though :T but I highly doubt there would be salt here.

there is some natsu x erza and gray x lucy shippers
but i think they admitted the defeat earlier because the couples was clear from the start

there is no salt sadly unlike naruto and bleach :/
Jul 20, 2017 10:09 AM

Jan 2014

dsfgmisdotoiewtnwoietn
Jul 20, 2017 10:09 AM
Jul 2018
tragedydesu said:
Symphyon said:

but i think they admitted the defeat earlier because the couples was clear from the start

there is no salt sadly unlike naruto and bleach :/

Well that was pretty clear so yeah.

But there will be some salt though from the BS that happens in the arc thats going to be adapted so maybe I could see salt from there but oh well.

At least that can be somewhat entertaining to some extent as well as enjoying the fights though.
Jul 20, 2017 10:10 AM

Apr 2016
Great, looking forward to it one of the fewer shounen anime i like. I'm curious how many episodes we will get. And how many fillers...
tragedydesu said:

Yea same as Naruto x Sasuke, Naruto x Sakura, Rem x Subaru, Raku x Onodera and other ridiculous ships that were never an option not even a slightest. Don't want to start flame or anything just saying how it is in general.
Jul 20, 2017 10:21 AM

Jul 2015
@Swagernator
Onodera was an option ( it was always shitoge vs onodera from the start , all other girls have 0% chance to win)
Sakura was an option
Rem was an option (she still didnt lose , she may become subaru second bride )

after the mc chose a girl everyone start talking about how much predictable it was
Jul 20, 2017 10:24 AM

Aug 2008
A complete adaptation anime. Seems rare these days but nice.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jul 20, 2017 10:30 AM

Dec 2015
Dat complete adaption tho.

If only Spice and Wolf would get the same treatment...or literally any non shounen anime :/
Jul 20, 2017 10:35 AM
Aug 2015
Finally, all my waiting has paid off. The quintessence of anime will begin in 2018.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2017 10:37 AM

Jan 2016

yayyyyyyyyyyy thanks sensei!!!!!!!!!!!😍 can't wait for more of your works!!!!!!
FT my fav 4ever
Jul 20, 2017 10:38 AM

Dec 2015
Now that I think about it, A-1 is sure on fire right on with all of these announcements lately.

Madhouse also needs to start annoucing something.
Jul 20, 2017 10:43 AM

Aug 2013
Why Are We Still Here? Just To Suffer?

the latest arc was super bad
I have to rate it down from 7 to 3 :/
Jul 20, 2017 10:55 AM
Jul 2018
Vanschia said:
Why Are We Still Here? Just To Suffer?

the latest arc was super bad
I have to rate it down from 7 to 3 :/

I mean the simplest answer is just to not watch it.

Didn't found FT overall shit I still give it around a 5 but, that latest arc is pretty bad yeah but eh. xD
Jul 20, 2017 11:01 AM

Aug 2016
Man, this is so great to hear. Ever since it had been announced the manga was ending so soon, I was worried we wouldn't get that third adaptation.

I wonder who is going to animate this version, though, and how many episodes it will have? There's a sizable amount of material to cover post-2014 Fairy Tail, so I'm actually hoping it's a longer run. The series really needs to conclude on a high note (as the manga plans to), so whoever takes on this project, they need to put forth their best effort.

Between this, the manga's finale, and his future plans, Mashima seems to be doing fairly well for himself, and I'm very glad to see that.
Jul 20, 2017 11:06 AM
Jul 2016
ANOTHER SERIES??!!! I'm not even finished the first season!!!
Jul 20, 2017 11:11 AM
Jul 2018
Was so scared that we wouldn't get to see a full adaptation, but damn Hiro Mashima pulled through.
Jul 20, 2017 11:26 AM

Apr 2015
-I'm predicting either Summer 2018 or Fall.
-A complete adaptation, very rare these days :'D
Jul 20, 2017 11:26 AM

Jan 2009
welp im proven wrong on this one, glad i was wrong too since i want to see the final arc animated even though much of the manga fans hated it
Jul 20, 2017 11:32 AM

Nov 2015
We live in a world where Mashima writes the worst arc in manga history and now we get to see it faithfully adapted? I guess this means complete adaptaions are not always a good thing.

HACKs! 🤢🤮
Jul 20, 2017 11:34 AM

Nov 2015
PekiNN said:

Parasyte was a complete adaption
So was Ushio&Tora (that nobody watched)
Erased (that was disappointing)
Kekkai Sensen ( manga ended and is getting a 2nd season in fall)
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Jul 20, 2017 11:34 AM

Mar 2014
Woah Im not seeing so much enthusiasm, is it because it was so obvious that a final season would come?

Rather not a lot of good things r being said about the final arc but I guess we anime-only watchers will be the judge of that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Still waiting for that Certain Magical Index Season 3 and Bleach....
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jul 20, 2017 11:35 AM

Jan 2015
Yes! I'm not thrilled about having to wait until next year but I have plenty of anime to keep me occupied until then.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the last arc animated. At least we won't have to worry about many fillers in this last adaptation since the manga will be over by then.

And of course haters are coming as if someone is forcing them to watch this.

Jul 20, 2017 11:35 AM

Oct 2015
Robiiii said:
Now that I think about it, A-1 is sure on fire right on with all of these announcements lately.

Ye still waiting for that air date of OPM and Overlord S2
Jul 20, 2017 11:45 AM

Jan 2015
HueyLion said:

Rather not a lot of good things r being said about the final arc but I guess we anime-only watchers will be the judge of that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not a lot of good things are ever said about this franchise in general. Best to just ignore haters and watch and judge for yourself.
Jul 20, 2017 12:14 PM

Apr 2015
mehmehperson said:
PekiNN said:

-That's not a lot of shows...
-I read Parasyte manga and it's very good adaptation.
-I also didn't watch so i have nothing to say about this one. xd
-I prefer Erased manga, because anime ending was bad...
-Yep i will probably watch Kekkai Sensen 2nd season this fall. :)
Jul 20, 2017 12:27 PM

Dec 2009
I'm caught up on the manga and while the final arc has been disappointing I'm still excited to see how the anime handles the material. Fairy Tail will always be one of my favorite series so no matter how low it falls I'll stick it out. Also Wendy is the best character in the series and nothing about that gets ruined in the last arc.
Jul 20, 2017 12:27 PM

Sep 2014
Lelouch0202 said:
thebrentinator24 said:

I've heard a lot regarding the amount of asspulls and stuff post the Tartarus arc, but I guess I'm still interested in seeing what's gonna happen. I'll probably get through just fine, at least I hope so.

Oh god, aside from the finale, Tartaros was already quite painful to watch. I just hope it won't hit the bottom of the barrel like the last filler arc.

PekiNN said:
mehmehperson said:

Ushio to Tora wasn't complete afaik? They cut out tons of stuff in the middle.

I think there are some complete adaption of manga coming up though. Pluto comes to my mind for example. It's really rare these days but it's nice to have at least some.
Jul 20, 2017 12:40 PM

Apr 2015
Miragee said:
Lelouch0202 said:

Oh god, aside from the finale, Tartaros was already quite painful to watch. I just hope it won't hit the bottom of the barrel like the last filler arc.

PekiNN said:

Ushio to Tora wasn't complete afaik? They cut out tons of stuff in the middle.

I think there are some complete adaption of manga coming up though. Pluto comes to my mind for example. It's really rare these days but it's nice to have at least some.

-Maybe i will check Ushio to Tora when i find free time ;)
-Oh i can't wait for Pluto, it's gonna be lit :D
Jul 20, 2017 12:51 PM

Nov 2016
It's legit to say that this will be pretty much the worst sequel since like forever.

Well, at least I can look forward to the openings.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 20, 2017 1:02 PM

Dec 2008
I'm glad this means it gets a full adaptation, even if the last few arcs have been very weak. But I get to see Irene animated now! It's the small things.
Jul 20, 2017 1:08 PM

Dec 2012
I would have preferred they would have announced Rave Master remake or continuation. Then having final arc of Fairy Tail being animated. Since the story and battles are better handled plus the characters go through was much sadder.
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Jul 20, 2017 1:11 PM

Dec 2015
KurumiNightmare said:
Robiiii said:

Exactly. They're pretty quiet so far. Probably gonna be like that until Cardcaptor airs :/
Jul 20, 2017 1:12 PM

Jun 2014
I'm glad. Pretty pumped tbh!

Question: How many episodes (if they follow the manga) will this have? I'm sure there will be a few filler episodes, but in general?
Jul 20, 2017 1:14 PM

Feb 2012
Man who keeps funding and trying to keep this shit alive, first that crusty ass movie and now this.

Stop with the ending manga's adaptations (not just talking about FT).
Jul 20, 2017 1:20 PM

Nov 2015
Robiiii said:
KurumiNightmare said:

Exactly. They're pretty quiet so far. Probably gonna be like that until Cardcaptor airs :/

They also announced this but MAL didn't make any news about it. It's airing now. https://myanimelist.net/anime/34975/Marvel_Future_Avengers
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 5 hours ago

7 by RobertBobert »»
1 hour ago

» Light Novel 'Saikyou no Shienshoku "Wajutsushi" de Aru Ore wa Sekai Saikyou Clan wo Shitagaeru' Gets TV Anime in Fall 2024

Vindstot - Apr 21

8 by modcarparking »»
4 hours ago

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

11 by modcarparking »»
4 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
7 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.