Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 17, 2017 5:36 AM

Sep 2016
HOLY MOTHER OF SOUND EFFECT NOISE WYGUZZZ WHUZZZZZZ BOOOOOOM RIP EARS
it;s worse than *CLANG*
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jul 17, 2017 7:40 AM

Aug 2009
OMG THE INNER MONOLOGUES!!!

Just kidding, I was wondering what it was when people where saying it had those during the fight but it was just Sieg stating the obvious we knew in FZ and FSN, especially FSN(stated by the same freaking voice actor), it added nothing new for him OR the others and just made you lose what little focus you could have on the fight since not only is it faster than ufoUBW's fights but the sound effects are also ear rape,the bad kind.
You know when monologues would be helpful here?When Astolfo was carrying MC-kun and the guards questioned him.But no, lets add old news in the middle of a fight....

And yes Sieg revealing himself was retarded as hell, as if ep2 never happened, and his Master didnt even give a fuck.And it was painful to read about him in the novels it is even worse here. Ryuunosuke didnt add anything to the war, didnt give a fuck about the war and still was an interesting character.Shinji with all of his bs at least served as a minor antagonist and as the character that you just love to hate. Gordes is that character you hate so much you wonder why he even exists in the story.

Jul 17, 2017 10:17 AM

Mar 2013
Karna is fucking GOAT!
For a moment, I was wondering if the voice suits him but along the course, I come to like it.

Kuro no Berserker moments were cute

And so were the scenes with Modred. Seeing Miyuki Sawashito casting her like that was fun :D
Jul 17, 2017 10:33 AM

Jan 2015
I'd be really happy if someone told me which faction is the good one
Jul 17, 2017 10:47 AM

Aug 2009
Xenocrisi said:
Neither.Both have "good" guys and "bad" guys.
Jul 17, 2017 10:51 AM

Jun 2017
With respect to the translation from LN, I would like to remind you that only volumes 1, 2 and more recently 4 were done, but 3 has been unfinished for years and no one has touched 5.

Jul 17, 2017 11:19 AM

Dec 2014
Trap-kun best girl
Jul 17, 2017 12:30 PM

Aug 2015
Karna,the goat, the second strongest after Gilgamesh, is finally here. And it looks as fabulous as I expected.

The fight was pretty mediocre IMO, too much earrape and (in the LN) it seems like Siegfried was getting cornered pretty much the entire time.

It was a good episode, I already love Mordred.
Jul 17, 2017 1:08 PM

Aug 2014
Pakumen- said:
Karna,the goat, the second strongest after Gilgamesh, is finally here. And it looks as fabulous as I expected.

yeah F/GO powercreep makes that a little debatable
Jul 17, 2017 1:47 PM

Aug 2010

Oh wow, the TV broadcasting regulations really didn't do any favors to this episode. Looking forward to rewatching this on bluray.
Jul 17, 2017 2:16 PM

Aug 2009
astroprogs said:

Oh wow, the TV broadcasting regulations really didn't do any favors to this episode. Looking forward to rewatching this on bluray.
That cant fix stupid tho(true names reveal)
Jul 17, 2017 2:21 PM

Aug 2010
ssjokg said:
astroprogs said:

Well, it seems that Karna revealed his name first and Sigfried is stupid honorable enough to respond in kind. It's an unnecessary change, but at least it's in-character for him.
Jul 17, 2017 2:25 PM

Aug 2009
astroprogs said:
ssjokg said:

Well, it seems that Karna revealed his name first and Sigfried is stupid honorable enough to respond in kind. It's an unnecessary change, but at least it's in-character for him.

Makes Gorde's decision in ep2 pointless, and it is out of character for him to not react to Siegfriend's disobedience."Dont speak" is an order he gave him.
Ffs they are turning Siegfried into Zero Lancer.

Jul 17, 2017 2:31 PM

Dec 2015
I have a feeling Ruler is gonna piss me off in the future.

Berserker of Black best girl smh.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 17, 2017 2:32 PM

Aug 2010
ssjokg said:
astroprogs said:

Makes Gorde's decision in ep2 pointless, and it is out of character for him to not react to Siegfriend's disobedience."Dont speak" is an order he gave him.

It does make it pointless, but i think it was already established that Siegfried is such a yes-man. Gordes not reacting could be explained by him just not hearing Karna and Siegfried talk. Or maybe they'll address it next episode, who knows.
Siegfried always seemed like the honorable to a fault type, so I'm not that surprised TBH.

It's unnecessary, but explainable.
Jul 17, 2017 2:34 PM

Aug 2009
astroprogs said:
ssjokg said:

It does make it pointless, but i think it was already established that Siegfried is such a yes-man. Gordes not reacting could be explained by him just not hearing Karna and Siegfried talk.
Siegfried always seemed like the honorable to a fault type, so I'm not that surprised TBH.

It removes the impact from an action later on.He must act like a slave to his Master in order for that scene to have any importance to his character.
Jul 17, 2017 2:38 PM

Aug 2010
ssjokg said:
astroprogs said:

It does make it pointless, but i think it was already established that Siegfried is such a yes-man. Gordes not reacting could be explained by him just not hearing Karna and Siegfried talk.

It removes the impact from an action later on.He must act like a slave to his Master in order for that scene to have any importance to his character.

I agree with that point. From the future narrative standpoint, this was a stupid change, if only for that one scene coming up.
Maybe they'll change things around to accommodate the change. I'll restrain my criticism until i see this particular thread's payoff.
Jul 17, 2017 2:58 PM

Mar 2009
I'm kinda forcing myself to watch this...
Jul 17, 2017 5:44 PM

Jan 2015
ssjokg said:
I was wondering what it was when people where saying it had those during the fight but it was just Sieg stating the obvious we knew in FZ and FSN, especially FSN(stated by the same freaking voice actor), it added nothing new for him OR the others and just made you lose what little focus you could have on the fight since not only is it faster than ufoUBW's fights but the sound effects are also ear rape

So much this, people are going "Aha! This is how you do it, Ufotable!" ... I'm like "what?"

It was barely a monologue, it was just literally 2 lines stating the obvious, adding nothing to anything. They should've put some awesome soundtrack there or something. There wasn't one, maybe they put that 'monologue' there to fill the absence of ost, but w/e.

Personally I don't particularly like monologues in fight scenes. If you just focus on one of them you get completely different experience and emotions depending which one you focus on. And no you can't really focus on both, you have to split your focus and the result isn't magically an average of the two experiences.
Your experience is muddled, basically. And to experience the scene properly you need to watch it more than once focusing on different things.

This is why Bones fight scenes are really good usually, because during the fight scenes the focus is on the fight scenes (and its animation) with a complementing soundtrack. And which is why I also really like how Ufotable does it.

Basically show not tell. This isn't an issue in other mediums, but in anime putting monologues in fight scenes is not the best use of the medium. You could even call it lazy or cheap.

As for the fight scene itself..That ghosting (frame blending) really ruined it imo.
Jul 17, 2017 7:25 PM
Jan 2015
Still can't help but laugh at people who still think Astolfo is a girl, the trap card has worked I suppose.

Goddamn, Fran and Moedred are stealing the show

Ah Karna, the servant that is "too OP, that it isn't fair" has made his appearance. Seigfired is probably grateful that he was let off the hook

RIP Jeanne's clothes.

Also the monologue didn't add anything of importance, so idk why people are praising it so much, if anything it took away from the action and the info being shared could have been shown/explained at a more appropriate time.
My Queens

Jul 17, 2017 8:04 PM

Jul 2015
Yup... still liking Frankenstein the most for some reason...
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jul 17, 2017 11:29 PM

Jul 2012
The sound effects during the fight are horrible. And the choreography was bad also. I could barely tell what was going on besides that they were pushing against each other :/
Hopefully it's not this bad from now on, but we'll see.

I'm guessing Berserker will be the first to die? But there has to be more to this than him just going crazy and running towards the enemy. But then again, he is a Berserker class 😵

And we got to see a bit of Archer of Red! Probably to character I'm looking forward to meeting the most :)
Jul 18, 2017 1:21 AM
Mar 2016
While Alstofo's master is hot as fuck her relationship with Alstofo makes no sense at all. It feels very superficial, like its there just for the sake of being fan service.

Also, why design Alstofo to look entirely like a female, yet designate the character as a guy? This is just a very bad decision choice. Contrast this to Sonic from One Punch Man. The androgyny was used well there and added uniqueness to the character. Over here, it just creates confusion. Would have been so much simpler to kept her as female.

Snap forward to the fight scene, I thought it was overly flashly with too much focus on explosive visuals. The dialogue was bland, the characters expressionless.

Once again, weak introduction of characters, the Sun God was so forgettable, Jeanne felt really stiff. Berserker looks like a muscle man that broke out of the asylum.

I do like the interactions between Berserker/Rider/Saber with their masters. It explored a bit more about the dynamics between them and their personalities/desires. Also really looking forward to see the true power of Berserker of Black hidden in that tiny girl frame.

Jul 18, 2017 2:34 AM

Nov 2016
The fight between Sigfried and Karna was a nice appetizer for what will come.

We also got some backround about the former and Frankensteins bridge.

Episode ended with Aka no Berseker on his way to attack the enemies castle.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 18, 2017 2:37 AM

Aug 2009
deathb4rry said:
Berserker looks like a muscle man that broke out of the asylum

The one thing they have totally nailed is that one. Spartacus is worse than all the other Berserkers we have seen.FSN Berserker doesnt act unless if he is given an order or his Master is in danger.FZ Berserker only loses it if Saber is around. Spartacus, even tho you can talk with him, is a total nutjob that even ignores orders and goes in a rampage.
Jul 18, 2017 6:05 AM

Sep 2008
Nice of Michael Bay to direct anime as well. At least there's gonna be explosions to look forward to!
Jul 18, 2017 6:30 AM

Mar 2016
After watching 3 episodes of the anime series, I think that the manga does a better job...
Jul 18, 2017 8:09 AM

Apr 2012
Frozenkex said:
ssjokg said:
I was wondering what it was when people where saying it had those during the fight but it was just Sieg stating the obvious we knew in FZ and FSN, especially FSN(stated by the same freaking voice actor), it added nothing new for him OR the others and just made you lose what little focus you could have on the fight since not only is it faster than ufoUBW's fights but the sound effects are also ear rape

So much this, people are going "Aha! This is how you do it, Ufotable!" ... I'm like "what?"

It was barely a monologue, it was just literally 2 lines stating the obvious, adding nothing to anything. They should've put some awesome soundtrack there or something. There wasn't one, maybe they put that 'monologue' there to fill the absence of ost, but w/e.

Personally I don't particularly like monologues in fight scenes. If you just focus on one of them you get completely different experience and emotions depending which one you focus on. And no you can't really focus on both, you have to split your focus and the result isn't magically an average of the two experiences.
Your experience is muddled, basically. And to experience the scene properly you need to watch it more than once focusing on different things.

This is why Bones fight scenes are really good usually, because during the fight scenes the focus is on the fight scenes (and its animation) with a complementing soundtrack. And which is why I also really like how Ufotable does it.

Basically show not tell. This isn't an issue in other mediums, but in anime putting monologues in fight scenes is not the best use of the medium. You could even call it lazy or cheap.

As for the fight scene itself..That ghosting (frame blending) really ruined it imo.

I do have to remind people that this is a complete spinoff with no direct connection to the main series storyline, so even if it's information that we know from FSN/FZ, it's necessary for the information to be present for the new audience it's aiming for.

While I do agree for this scene that the monologue may be detrimental to the atmosphere, since it's supposed to be an epic fight between some of the strongest servants and they really undersold Karna, overall it depends on the focus of the scene. Some of the most memorable fights in Fate Stay/Night were explicitly supposed to be very dull with severely weakened fighters, where the focus is on drive and willpower. For example,

Jul 18, 2017 8:57 AM

Feb 2015
Insertanamehere said:
Pakumen- said:

yeah F/GO powercreep makes that a little debatable
Only when everybody and their grandmother concerned get an ascension interlude but him,for a 5 star his np is well..lol

Also,Siegfried revealing his name was like complete contradiction to what Gordes planned.

They also lost the opportunity to show how Gordes realized he was insignificant during their battle,instead he came across as whiny....in a comical sense(?)
laidellentJul 18, 2017 9:05 AM
Jul 18, 2017 12:09 PM

Oct 2014
Why does the fight should sound so awful? A pain to my ears. Glad it was cured by Berserker-chan's cute growls
Jul 18, 2017 2:18 PM

Aug 2009
Moekou said:
Frozenkex said:

I do have to remind people that this is a complete spinoff with no direct connection to the main series storyline, so even if it's information that we know from FSN/FZ, it's necessary for the information to be present for the new audience it's aiming for.

While I do agree for this scene that the monologue may be detrimental to the atmosphere, since it's supposed to be an epic fight between some of the strongest servants and they really undersold Karna, overall it depends on the focus of the scene. Some of the most memorable fights in Fate Stay/Night were explicitly supposed to be very dull with severely weakened fighters, where the focus is on drive and willpower. For example,

This spinoff relies on the main story line for the two big twists regarding the previous Holy Grail war
, it relies on the reader being familiar with what a Heroic Spirit is and how the ritual works and it relies on knowing Artoria's past in order to have a complete image of what was wrong with Mordred and Camelot in general.
FZ assumes you have read Tsukihime as well for Kiritsugu's flashback.FSn assumes you have read KnK.

All of Nasuverse is connected there is no work that doesnt do the newer ones a favor for already making most of the info dumps for them.

There is no reason why this wouldnt be the same for anime.
Jul 18, 2017 5:19 PM

Jan 2015
What's with the explosions and other fighting sound effects? They sound really low quality and pretty bad to be honest.
Jul 18, 2017 7:51 PM
Jul 2016
como sempre de Fate/... vemos um episodio com cenas de lutas bem trabalhadas e entregando um bom climax para as proximas batalhas, e o enredo parece fluir um pouco mais que os demais Fate's Lançados.(As always from Fate / ... we see an episode with scenes of well-worked fights and delivering a good climax for the next battles, and the plot seems to flow a little more than the other Fate's Launched.)
Jul 18, 2017 8:57 PM

Jun 2009
Atavistic said:
Also, it was unbelievably idiotic that the castle staff could not see the fact that Rider was obviously carrying the Homunculus on his shoulder; seriously, he wasn't even trying to hide him, so it's just plain lazy that he wan't noticed.

That obviously was a joke scene...
Jul 18, 2017 9:17 PM

Nov 2011
Xenocrisi said:

Ruler's side is the good one.

Jul 19, 2017 12:58 AM

Jul 2014
kronos7 said:
Atavistic said:
Also, it was unbelievably idiotic that the castle staff could not see the fact that Rider was obviously carrying the Homunculus on his shoulder; seriously, he wasn't even trying to hide him, so it's just plain lazy that he wan't noticed.

Not really. Don't try to justify something that blatantly moronic that had absolutely no indication of humour in it. I have no intention of blindly accepting such things as you apparently do.
Jul 19, 2017 1:05 AM

Apr 2016
kronos7 said:
Atavistic said:

Those castle staff are actually homunculi and they wanted MC-kun to escape
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 19, 2017 2:11 AM

Oct 2008
why would anyone attack the neutral chick Ruler!?!?
4/5.

Jul 19, 2017 2:51 AM

Aug 2009
Atavistic said:
kronos7 said:

Not really. Don't try to justify something that blatantly moronic that had absolutely no indication of humour in it. I have no intention of blindly accepting such things as you apparently do.
They noticed and decided to let them go.That simple.
Jul 19, 2017 4:54 AM

Feb 2011
Zemroid said:
What's with the explosions and other fighting sound effects? They sound really low quality and pretty bad to be honest.
This. All the sounds during fight scenes are distorted as hell and they sound awful. For me, it ruins the fights.
Jul 19, 2017 10:34 AM

Jun 2009
Atavistic said:
kronos7 said:

It was purposely made moronic for the sake of humour. That's usually how a joke works you know?

I don't know about you, but I laugh hard during that scene.
Jul 19, 2017 11:24 AM

Aug 2009
kronos7 said:
Atavistic said:

It was purposely made moronic for the sake of humour. That's usually how a joke works you know?

Astolfo was "moronic", not the situation.
Jul 19, 2017 12:17 PM

Sep 2014
So many characters, and no one really stands out..
Jul 19, 2017 1:18 PM

Jun 2009
ssjokg said:
kronos7 said:

Astolfo was "moronic", not the situation.

Astolfo always acts like that, at least from what I saw so far.
Jul 19, 2017 3:40 PM

Nov 2013
no idea which side i'm rooting for, i like Mordred and Astolfo, but i guess i like Mordred more, so i'll say red for now...
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jul 20, 2017 5:07 AM

Aug 2015
These 3 episodes are quite disappointing.
Generally, the animation is medium and the visual gives the impression of watching a series of generic fantasy such as Chain Chronicle or GrandBlue Fantasy. The characters aren't very developed either. They match with a trope "dere-dere" and personally I repeat myself constantly but I am tired of seeing this type of characters in all adaptations from light novel or manga. For example the character with the pink hair that I will name "Felix" or the false Saber (the "vulgar" xD).

The story is difficult to follow given the number of characters and I feel that the background of most of the servants are shown in a rush.
Jul 20, 2017 8:47 PM

Jul 2015
I was really hyped for Apocrypha, but so far, from the point of someone who reads the novel, isn't what i was expecting. Everything is so rushed to the point that it doesn't pass the right feeling that you should get. I'm not expecting by any means to be match the novel, but it could be way better.

TuyNOM said:
the animation is medium and the visual gives the impression of watching a series of generic fantasy such as Chain Chronicle or GrandBlue Fantasy.

About the animation, this quote said everything.

Don't take my criticism as "This show is bad", on the contrary, i'm just a bit disappointed overall. Let's keep going, story gets more interesting later.
Jul 21, 2017 2:20 AM

Aug 2015
alstreim14 said:
I was really hyped for Apocrypha, but so far, from the point of someone who reads the novel, isn't what i was expecting. Everything is so rushed to the point that it doesn't pass the right feeling that you should get. I'm not expecting by any means to be match the novel, but it could be way better.

This is surprising because 25 episodes are planned to fit 5 volumes, I think?
Jul 21, 2017 3:06 AM
Apr 2015
Those fresh born homunculi sure act alot more humanlike than those of the Einzeberns. (Shouldn't they act more like dolls/machines?)
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» A Guide to Fate/Apocrypha

OneBetta - Mar 14

2 by OneBetta »»
Mar 14, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2017

97 by TheBiggestAm »»
Mar 9, 7:31 PM

» Who is your favorite character from Apocrypha?

Omarumba - Feb 25

28 by Manthors »»
Mar 1, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

278 by PirateHasan »»
Jan 5, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

86 by PirateHasan »»
Dec 28, 2023 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.