Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »
May 16, 2017 7:42 PM

Aug 2012
Nanashi said:
what the fuck was that. Did I miss something? Reiner and the other guy started that attack five years ago? I mean that'd explain the look of the armored titan but why the fuck did Annie almost kill Reiner then... Why do they not know about each other being not human? Why the fuck does Reiner talk so openly about all that while basically the whole group is almost right next to them (he definitely was loud enough for Mikasa and Armin to hear that).

Seriously, what just happened? I thought it slowly started to get interesting now with Ymir revealing her titan-form (and Reiner recognizing her from when she ate one of his friends) and the whole situation with the wall still in tact. And then they just drop the bomb and now it's just there. No explanation, no build-up, no suspense. Just "we are the ones that killed all your friends and family. come with us. we need to talk".

Rather disappointing development tbh. Just creating more questions than anything. Instead of completing the matter at hand I guess we have to solve the annie-part first before we get back to the rest. Honestly after that episode I'm rather pissed we only get 12 episodes in total. There is no way they clear up everything around Annie, Reiner and Bertholdt and also continue the thing with the wall and the hairy titan and why Ymir is a titan, without other titans knowing about it... I really hope they have another season in the making already because I'm not gonna wait 4 more years for that.
Did you even watch this episode properly...They explained the part about Annie almost killing Reiner. Reiner was giving coordinates to Annie about the location of Eren. The Trio do know about each other you can see them being together in a ton of scenes and has been hinted. Reiner is clearly breaking down.
May 21, 2017 2:08 PM

Oct 2015
DatRandomDude said:
Man i was laughing my ass off when they casually said that they are the armored and the colossal titans to eren.

also, that face when mikasa heard them

Feels good being an anime-only watcher.

I laugh at her face too XD
May 21, 2017 7:23 PM
Jul 2010
Reviews from Owl-Eye Woman from Tumblr
Link: https://owl-eyed-woman.tumblr.com

Her Episode review is on-point and really good and she is an-anime only watcher

ATTACK ON TITAN SEASON 2 EPISODE ANALYSIS - EPISODE 6 (EPISODE 30)
Since we only just resolved this season’s first arc, I had assumed that this episode would consist solely of characters’ reflections on past events and set up for future ones. I am happy to report that this episode is a little more eventful to say the least.

First though, we do need to recover after last week’s emotionally draining conclusion and recap exactly where we are at. On that note, I am so, so happy to see that Ymir is alive (though comatose). I was genuinely saddened at the thought of her being dead, even if that death made logical, emotional and motivational sense. Still though, it definitely makes sense that Ymir has survived - I mean, if Eren could survive being almost digested, surely Ymir can survive losing a chunk of her digestive tract? Titan shifters are clearly made of much sterner stuff.

With Ymir out of commission so to speak, Christa (or should I call her Historia?) has to explain the situation to Hanji and defend Ymir’s actions. As Historia argues, even though Ymir hid vital information, in the end she used her powers to save her comrades, proving her loyalty. Furthermore, while Ymir concealed many vital secrets, she was motivated by the simple (read: selfish) aim of protecting herself, rather than any nefarious conspiracy. Hanji, too, completely understands that Ymir has the potential to be a great asset to humanity, as long as they can ensure that she is first and foremost an ally.

I feel like we’re seeing the psychological impact of Christa reasserting her identity last episode as she successfully convinces Hanji; Christa is really coming into her own as Historia (I’m still getting used to writing that name XD)! Historia’s gentle appearance and manner has always belied her fierce determination and formidable strength, so I love seeing this strong side.

There’s still something else hanging in the air that needs to be addressed though. As Hanji brings up Christa’s true identity, Historia Reiss, a pained, pensive expression crosses Historia’s face. For Historia, this name brings a painful weight, along with countless bad memories. So when Hanji comfortingly pats her shoulder and says “nice to meet you”, this oppressive weight almost immediately lifts and the mood changes palpably. In this one line, Hanji reframes Historia’s reclamation of her name, not as a resurrection of pain and strife, but rather, as a new beginning. Yes, it’s only a very short scene, but there’s always time for some character development!

But these brief scenes are basically all moot compared to the real meat of this episode; and that is Reiner. I thought I had a handle on who Reiner was as a person. Sure, there was a lot I didn’t know about him, but I still thought that after all this time I understood who he was in a general sense. Boy, was I wrong! The moral of the story is don’t get cocky, I guess.

We first see Reiner struggling to climb onto the top of the wall with his injured arm. Noticing this, Eren immediately goes to help him, holding out his hand which Reiner accepts without hesitation. By introducing Reiner here, this brief scene reinforces our basic understanding of Reiner and Eren’s relationship; they are comrades who unconditionally trust each other. The camera lingers on the shot of their gripped hands, a symbol of camaraderie, trust and unity.

This is all very basic stuff, but it is crucial setup for Reiner’s eventual betrayal. From the beginning, the show is hinting that something is up through multiple shots of Reiner (and Bertholdt) reflected in puddles. It’s a concise, elegant way too remind us that there is more to Reiner than meets the eye and that we will soon be seeing another side to him. This quick scene at the beginning of the episode quickly establishes a foundational understanding of Reiner’s place in the characters’ minds, which the show can now start to complicate, deconstruct, and, in the end, destroy.

Reflecting on the night’s events, Reiner begins to freak out about his very recent near-death experience. In my episode 4 analysis, I wrote about how Reiner exemplified the show’s critique of the ideal of heroic sacrifice. To recap, Reiner’s actions in episode 4, though superficially heroic, are ultimately presented as foolhardy, impulsive and unnecessary. Interestingly, Reiner realises this as well, reeling at his actions and blind heroism. In this moment, Reiner confronts his own mortality and he’s honestly not handling it well.

Reiner, as we have heretofore understood him, has embodied three essential ideas: bravery, loyalty and stability; basically the perfect soldier. In this one scene, the show begins to break this down by showing us that behind his brave actions lies very real fear and weakness.

Throughout this scene Bertholdt looks on with an intensely stressed expression on his face. As a side note, I have to say Bertholdt is perhaps one of the most enigmatic characters in the show. Until this episode, I would have simply dismissed him as unremarkable and frankly, forgettable. I mean, the only thing I could have said about him was that he is tall and strong – it’s almost hilarious how these two seemingly mundane facts actually function as clues to his real identity.

It’s hard to express how weird, awkward and generally unsettling this scene is, along with the episode as a whole. What should be a comforting moment of safety and contemplation for our characters never materialises, with everyone palpably unsettled, stressed and clearly still on guard.

This feeling only intensifies when Hannes confirms what we’ve known for a while now: there is no hole in the wall. In the face of such an inexplicable mystery, the only option is to retreat to Trost and regroup. As they start to walk off though, Reiner asks Eren to stay back for a moment and we finally get to the big reveal of this episode.

Now, AOT is a show built on shocking twists and turns and it’s really, really good at them. The problem with this however is that after a while the audience inevitably becomes accustomed to these reveals and they no longer shock like they used to; AOT’s unpredictability becomes, in a sense, predictable. Additionally, viewers get better at figuring out the twist well in advance. I think a lot of people had already figured out that Reiner is the Armoured Titan (it’s the hair isn’t it?). So how do you make a reveal like this shocking without the audience rolling their eyes and smugly thinking that they’re way ahead of the show? - Context and framing!

You see, AOT knows that after 30 episodes the audience doesn’t just expect a twist; they also expect a certain amount of melodrama and set up before the twist is revealed. Historically, information that is this important and this world shattering doesn’t just get told to us or to the characters. They have to fight tooth and nail, risking their lives for it.

So to have this twist calmly revealed by Reiner so unceremoniously with no setup or conflict whatsoever, it’s not only a surprise; it’s just wrong. Paradoxically, it’s how completely and utterly anti-climactic this reveals is that makes it so, so shocking and so effective. This is absolutely world-changing information, and both Reiner and the show itself are treating it like a run-of-the-mill conversation - like it doesn’t matter at all! In this way, even if the specifics of information aren’t necessarily shocking, the way in which it is presented to the audience definitely is! It’s using our own understanding of dramatic and storytelling conventions against us and it’s pretty genius.

This is all wonderfully and effectively supported by cinematic language. There’s no dramatic music, no intense, emotional close-ups; just a cold, disinterested distance. Every shot and edit all works together to express both the mundanity and the abruptness of this revelation, so I’m going to spend the next section unpacking it!

We start with a shot focused on Mikasa in the foreground as she walks out of frame, leaving Eren, Reiner and Bertholdt in the background. Now, this isn’t a good shot by any stretch of the imagination; in fact, it’s dreadfully ordinary and incompetent. This shot isn’t trying to be visually compelling though. Instead, it’s actively trying to misdirect and distract us.

By focusing initially on Mikasa, our attention is immediately drawn away from the three boys. Furthermore, the blocking of the characters is incredibly awkward and uncommonly inexpressive, with Eren and Reiner facing away from the camera. Every bit of this framing tells us one thing, loudly and proudly; nothing noteworthy is happening. The shot is literally telling us to not pay attention.

Then Reiner calmly says that he and Bertholdt destroyed the wall 5 years ago and that their ultimate aim is to destroy humanity. We’re not even shown his face as he says this! This is one of the craziest, most revolutionary reveals of the show, and it is presented to us, cinematically and contextually, as if Reiner were talking about the weather.

No time to register this information though, as the show immediately cuts to Hanji pondering how the titans could have appeared within the wall. We’re already taking a second longer to process what Reiner just revealed after we pre-emptively dismissed it; now, this medium shot of Hanji’s intense but irrelevant contemplation actively tries to distract us again.

Then, as Reiner admits that he is the Armoured titan and Bertholdt is the Colossal titan, we cut to a wide shot of the scouts walking away from this scene, highlighting their obliviousness to the traitors in their midst. At this point, we’ve caught up with the implications of what Reiner is saying, but with the multiple points of focus, giving us a lot to process visually. This, along with the lowered volume of Reiner’s dialogue further limits our ability to absorb the true implications of this information remains limited.

It’s all so masterfully done. I am consistently impressed by how well-made and thought out this show is, and how, against all odds, it manages to stay fresh after all this time. Bravo.

Now, as this scene unfolds, I assumed that everyone’s uneasy demeanour was just a general reaction to the frankly confusing situation they’ve found themselves in. However, as we flashback 12 hours earlier, we are shown that the whole scout corps already suspected something amiss with Reiner and Bertholdt. Thus, another layer of complexity is added to this scene and the charged atmosphere is reconfigured as a feeling of anticipation and hyperawareness.

For the 104th cadets, it’s important to understand just how much they trust Reiner. Reiner was like a brother to them, a rock of the team if you will. Their loyalty to him is so deep that they almost can’t believe that he could have been conspiring against them this whole time. Thus, this part of the episode works to further destroy one previously foundational aspect of our understanding of Reiner: loyalty.

As the facts pile up against Reiner, Eren continues to defend him though, becoming increasingly distressed at the mere suggestion that he could be a traitor. After all he’s been through with Reiner and Bertholdt, as friends and soldiers, it’s almost impossible for him to conceive of them as enemies. Tragically, Eren’s only error here is that he’s too loyal and too trusting. In any other situation, these would be admirable traits. But when everyone is a potential threat and the wrong decision could mean the eradication of humanity, Eren’s naivety means he is ill-equipped to deal with the situation at hand.

You see, Eren is inherently idealistic (or to be cruel, naïve) and truly believes in humanity and his comrades. This unwavering belief in the value of humanity is essential to his triumphs, as it gives him the strength to overcome impossible odds and prevail over the greatest despair. However, in order to retain this idealistic view of a cruel world, Eren has been forced to adopt an incredibly black and white understanding of morality. In Eren’s mind, you’re either intrinsically good and trustworthy, or you’re irredeemably evil and monstrous.

Crucially though, Eren naively assumes that reality reflects his view of the world and is unable to conceive of anything that falls outside of this stark dichotomy of good and evil. Dangerously, this blinds him to the reality of the world and makes him more vulnerable to manipulation. Additionally, because his worldview and ideals are continuously and cruelly challenged, with people proving themselves more complicated than this, Eren is inevitably traumatised precisely because of his strict adherence to such a rigid understanding of humanity.

So in the face Reiner and Bertholdt’s betrayal, let’s just say Eren isn’t going to deal with it well. Still, with all this in mind, he actually does a pretty good job defusing the situation and placating Reiner, trying to react as anyone would to such a preposterous proposal by playing it off as a delusion or even a joke. Bertholdt seems all too eager to use this as an out – he too is flying by the seat of his pants – and enthusiastically agrees.

However, Eren goes too far when he recklessly decides to question Reiner’s thought process. The only reason Reiner would have revealed his secret to Eren is because he seriously thought there was a chance Eren would agree to come quietly. Frankly, this is an irrational, illogical idea and any person in their right mind would know that this wouldn’t work, but not Reiner. It’s kind of innocent or even idealistic, that Reiner could possibly think that Eren would agree to his proposal, but also worryingly delusional. So when Eren points this fact out, Reiner is genuinely shocked, dismayed, and maybe even hurt.

Gradually, this episode has broken down every conception we’ve had of Reiner as a person. We believed Reiner was physically strong, so we were shown his emotional weakness. We believed Reiner was loyal, so we were shown his betrayal. And now, though we believed Reiner was stable, now we’re shown his instability. He’s not cool and collected at all, he’s irrational and volatile.

Visually, this episode has been tense and unsettling throughout, with stormy skies and violently waving flags, symbolising the constantly shifting situation at hand and Reiner’s unstable psyche. So when the flag pole suddenly snaps, we know that Reiner has made a decision. There is no going back now.

Suddenly, Reiner declares that he’s been here too long for his own good and he becomes deeply ashamed his naivety. Though he is committed to his cause, some part of him, I think, does genuinely care about everyone he’s fought with. In his irrational state, offering Eren an opportunity to come quietly and prevent the eradication of humanity seemed like a valid way to reconcile this his greater plan with his new ties. However, realising the impossibility of any compromise, he now feels his only choice is to commit to his duty as a warrior and see their plan through to the end, no matter the consequences.

Throughout the show, Reiner has described himself as both a soldier and warrior, and the difference between these terms is crucial to the choice Reiner makes. The term ‘soldier’ recalls ideas of strength, bravery, loyalty and stability; essentially, our past conception of Reiner. Crucially, unlike a warrior, to be a soldier one must be part of an army. Thus, the term ‘soldier’ also brings up associations of conformity, disciple and camaraderie. In contrast to this, the concept of a warrior exists independent of a larger group and thus symbolises individuality, agency and power. A soldier fights in an army for a community but a warrior fights for himself. Thus, in his decision to be a warrior, Reiner forsakes his community, deciding to fight as an individual for his own enigmatic desires.

This pace has been slowly quickening, building up tension, and now it all comes to a head as Reiner and Bertholdt put their plan into motion, transforming into their titan forms. Until this moment, I don’t think Eren truly believed or, at the very least, understood the implications of what Reiner revealed to him. He’s actually sobbing at what he is forced to face in Reiner. Treasured memories flash through his mind, of training with Reiner and Bertholdt, confiding in them and trusting them. Eren truly loved both of them.

But now, as Eren watches the world turn to chaos around him, Reiner’s status as titan and traitor finally sinks in and eradicates his conception of him as friend and comrade. But if they’re not his friends, then what are they? They are monsters, they are irredeemable traitors and they need to be destroyed.
May 22, 2017 5:42 AM

Dec 2007
Been waiting for this episode for a while, I still can't believe Reiner thought that if he told Eren everything would be fine. XD
May 22, 2017 10:01 PM
Jul 2018
HOLY FUCKING SHIT. I almost cried how epic that last scene was!!!!! That revelation + remix of Vogel im Kafig. Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude best SnK episode!
May 23, 2017 2:18 AM

Mar 2009
The most shocking thing about this "shocking" reveal is how many of you were shocked by it. Literally the entire internet has been spoiling this since the first season: anime forums, social media, youtube comments, etc. Really, anywhere you went, the spoilers were there. If you managed to somehow avoid the spoilers, you deserve major props; I honestly have no idea how you did this.

May 23, 2017 1:49 PM
Mar 2016
I wonder why Attack On Titan is so good?!

Even though I was almost certain that Reiner is the Armored Titan, since I watched a picture on the internet, but when I watched episode 6 I was still amazed, I felt chills!!

I have rewatched many episodes several times, and honestly still getting hyped!

Some scenes give you the feelings that all the produced anime until the moment are something, and Attack On Titan is something different.
May 23, 2017 7:45 PM

Aug 2007
Yeah, no, I thought it was idiotic how all of that was handled. He just anti-climatically confirms that they're both Titans, while the rest of them are walking away but still within hearing distance? If he didn't already know that they knew about the both of them, that's quite an oversight to just casually reveal yourself right then and there.

Then we get an TWEEST that 12 hours ago they coincidentally found out about their identities?

Fuck off.

May 26, 2017 3:15 AM

Jun 2011
Mormegil said:
The most shocking thing about this "shocking" reveal is how many of you were shocked by it. Literally the entire internet has been spoiling this since the first season: anime forums, social media, youtube comments, etc. Really, anywhere you went, the spoilers were there. If you managed to somehow avoid the spoilers, you deserve major props; I honestly have no idea how you did this.

I have to agree with you, it was pretty obvious after a while as well, especially since everyone in the internet kept on yelling out all those spoilers from the manga and stuff, especially with the several theories. I mean just going on the AOT wikia would have spoiled you.
May 26, 2017 1:51 PM
Feb 2017
Well done plot twist. It sounded like it wasn't a big deal at all.

May 27, 2017 6:14 AM
Mar 2013
IVE BEEN SAVING UP EPISODES FOR WEEKS BUT FUCK I CANT RESIST!! FUCK BERTHOLDT AND REINER
May 27, 2017 8:47 PM

Feb 2013
Hmm... once Reiner said it, it was so obvious. Would not have guessed colossal though.
Mikasa almost beat them before they could transform.

It's almost like the titan's are trying to prevent contamination of their human isolation experiment... I guess we'll see what this is all really about eventually.
May 29, 2017 10:28 AM

Mar 2014
fuyuki said:
I laughed so hard when Reiner just casually told that he's the Armored Titan like it was nothing.

^^this!! when i heard it i was like wait...what???? because it was a side conversation and i thought he would say something pretty casual. this episode was fucking awesome and i'm really glad i can watch the next one now lol
May 30, 2017 4:28 AM

Jun 2013
Reiner casually was like, "He's the Colossal Titan and I'm the Armored Titan. We won't destroy any more walls so come with us Eren." LOL

I like how everyone is supposedly nonchalantly walking away while Reiner makes this earth-shattering revelation. "Come on, let's go back to our hometown, bro." I guess they did it so that Reiner would confess on his own. That death stare by Mikasa though.

The transformation sequences were awesome. Eren transformed pretty quickly.
臭い-
May 30, 2017 7:14 PM

Mar 2014
Just casually reveal everything so it sounds so ridiculous no one believes you, right Reiner? ...Reiner?

He really seemed to have lost it there when Eren reminded him of his "home" that he wanted to return to.

That entire betrayal/transformation/abduction scene was GORGEOUS, especially that OST.

Jun 4, 2017 2:11 AM
Apr 2017
I felt the hype and the feels at the same time. The OSTs of AOT sure are great!

Best Episode!!!!
Jun 4, 2017 7:43 PM
Oct 2016
Where is jean in all this?
“There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.”

-Oscar Levant
Jun 10, 2017 2:48 AM

Dec 2010
I was spoiled about this years ago, but it was awsome nonetheless. Eren crying at the end was amazing.
Jun 10, 2017 3:38 PM

Dec 2012
!!!! WHAT THE HELL????!!!!! And you know when Reiner started saying it he said it so casually one could very easily have missed it. Heck I almost missed it. I was like did he just say "Five years ago we demolished the wall and began our attack on humanity"? I had to rewind and read the sub again. Then I got super confused, but then I said to myself yeah, the trauma of having his hand nearly bitten off and watching Ymir turn into the titan that ate his friend in his stead must have made him go coocoo and I literally seriously laughed my ass off coz it was so absurd. But slowly it started fitting and I wasn't laughing anymore! I was in shock and as the shock wore off the feeling of betrayal began to sink in- just like Eren.

But I must say that scene after the flag broke off and thus all hell followed suit and broke loose, was seven different kinds of freaking epic! This show!!! It sure knows how to pack a good punch of awesome! ISAYAMA SENSEI!!!!!!!!!!! Genius!
hanamori7Jul 15, 2017 8:45 PM
hahaha Naru, also how I felt when I learned how to read all my Kana. Barakamon is everything!!:'D

Jun 10, 2017 3:44 PM

Dec 2012
hahahahaha Reiner though! That was so freaking hilarious!!! And yes Mikasa had the best reaction. A real soldier that girl! That whole scene from the moment Reiner casually started revealing how they are evil and want to kill everyone to the end with the transformations was super super awesome!!!!
Bibimbapski said:
Reiner casually was like, "He's the Colossal Titan and I'm the Armored Titan. We won't destroy any more walls so come with us Eren." LOL

I like how everyone is supposedly nonchalantly walking away while Reiner makes this earth-shattering revelation. "Come on, let's go back to our hometown, bro." I guess they did it so that Reiner would confess on his own. That death stare by Mikasa though.

The transformation sequences were awesome. Eren transformed pretty quickly.
hahaha Naru, also how I felt when I learned how to read all my Kana. Barakamon is everything!!:'D

Jun 11, 2017 10:36 PM

May 2016
Reiner just went and said all those revelations to Eren like it was nothing serious lol

Mikasa's death stare and attempt to kill the two before they transformed shows how formidable of a soldier she is, ready to destroy former comrades turned traitors if necessary.

It was hard to swallow what happened after seeing how nice the two were but I'm hyped to see the long-awaited fight in animation nonetheless~

Jun 16, 2017 1:09 AM

May 2013
Bertholdt always looks so scared... why? D;

Nuuuuuu, Reinerrrrrr. Dun leave your waifu D: take her too LOL.
Looks like he's crushed on choosing which side to take now-- titans VS humans

Mikasa acts fast. Eren is still too naive. He always believes in the goodness of people until he gets proven wrong and then he gets angry smh -___-'
Jun 16, 2017 4:02 AM
Jul 2010
I like how everyone is complaining about the CGI (tho understandable) but are missing out another thing that was even worse than that imo. You guys remember how Reiner loses his hand when defending himself against Mikasa? The next scene, when he pushes her away from Bertholdt, his fucking hand is back.. And the next scene after, when you see both Reiner and Bertholdt through Eren's perspective, his hans is gone again. Like, wtf??? I am SO disappointed in the animators this season. I know they were lacking staff, but it's just way too bad at times. It doesn't do the series justice. Examples like this one is totally not okay in such a big series like this one imo.. It almost feels like most of the staff who worked on S1 were the ones who left. The CGI is awful at times, backgrounds feel stiff (almost like a plain background picture) and the characters move around like they were made out of wood.

Don't take me wrong here. Some things improved a lot, like the character's expressions and detail on their face, lightning effects etc. But the most important things were left behind, like the movement quality - making characters and surroundings more lively. This really hurts, because this season is so damn good otherwise.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 17, 2017 1:51 AM
Jul 2018
Why hasn't Jean appeared yet? '___' ..
Omg this episode was great, hype at the end!
I also like how casual Reiner was when telling Eren that he was the Armored Titan and Bertholdt, the Colossal. Mikasa, awesome as always <3
Jun 17, 2017 9:25 AM

Nov 2015
the episode of the season xDDD
Jun 17, 2017 11:30 PM

Feb 2014
Seriously? Not like that author-san... no... =/

Jun 19, 2017 6:21 AM

Jan 2014
lmao at first I thought, what the hell, Reiner told Eren so casually that he's Armored Titan..
and also what the hell, everyone just walk around like they didn't hear nothing. but then the explanation comes later, they're all just pretending.

I actually hoping that Eren come with both of them to gain information, but instead they engaged in all out battle. so much opportunity going to waste.
Jun 19, 2017 9:25 AM

Jun 2012
I reinstate again, this episode is the best so far XD.

The cool OST screams revenge and betrayal, just wow.
Jun 20, 2017 11:18 AM
May 2014
Damn it, that was unexpectable!
Jun 20, 2017 6:41 PM

Jul 2013
Is this for real? FOR REAL REAL?

Omg what was that episode. I couldn't even close my mouth by how overwhelming this was. At this point it's definitely save there's no hole in the wall and atm they can't even do anything about it.

At first Reiner seemed relativley normal, besides that he had pain from his arm. When he cassualy said "Hey Eren I'm the Amored Titan and Berthold is the Colossal Titan and we want to destroy the whole humanity", I was like what? Wait what did he say? I really thought I missheard. But after they showed the flashback 12 hours before that scene everything got clearer. Armin put piece for piece together and now it's makes sense. How else had Reiner survived the attack of Annie in S1? Why was she staring at her hand? As a non manga reader you don't that there's anything wrong with it.

Even if I knew or had a hint about Reiner being the Armored titan I had never ever expected Berthold to be the Colossal one. Holy shit. That Mikasa scene when they tried to transform and she injured them. But even with that she couldn't stop it.

These transformations *.*

I feel Eren. Reiner was always a character I really liked and no he's a bad guy -.-
I wonder even if Eren also tranformed how they want to stop 2 of the strongest titans? I mean the Colossal titan is gigantic. Anyway this was the best episode so far. Damn.
Natsu88Jun 20, 2017 6:46 PM

Jun 27, 2017 1:26 AM

Jan 2010
Binge watched this and the whole sequence leading up to the reveal is the best moment in any anime I've ever watched.
Been rewatching this scenes a lot and I still had chills. Great stuff.

I got spoiled years ago but never read the manga.

If only I didn't know, the reveleation would be 10000x times better and I can't even begin to imagine how great it is.
Jul 3, 2017 12:13 PM

May 2012
Fucking hell, next thing you know everyone's a fucking titan! Didn't expect those two guys being those two titans who pretty much fucked up everything!

Pretty crazy if you ask me, but well let's see what's next.
Jul 8, 2017 1:56 PM

Jul 2009
Reiner said the truth to Eren like it was the most normal thing ever!!!
Mikasa is always amazing.
Jul 9, 2017 4:47 PM

Aug 2008
Noooo don't take away Reiner, he was my favorite char, though i figured out he was probably armored titan in Tower arc, his face looked almost same as armored titan

take Historia with you Reiner :D
lakisaJul 9, 2017 4:54 PM
Jul 13, 2017 10:58 PM

Apr 2013
Yoooooo. I thought Connie was the Colossal Titan. Massive disappointmeeent.

Jokes. But seriously though. Each one of the titans had a resemblance to their character except for the Colossal.
Jul 14, 2017 1:24 AM

Aug 2012
NicTac said:
Yoooooo. I thought Connie was the Colossal Titan. Massive disappointmeeent.

Jokes. But seriously though. Each one of the titans had a resemblance to their character except for the Colossal.
Colossal titan is tall and Bert is tall isn't that a resemblance.
Jul 15, 2017 5:20 PM
May 2017
bastek66 said:
That was perfect adaptation.

how not to do a plot twist I mean WTF
Jul 15, 2017 7:23 PM

Oct 2013
Splashback95 said:
bastek66 said:
That was perfect adaptation.

And this is why people should not complain about cliche/generic. Because when you do something out of the norm it is considered to be bad. lmao.

Thankfully, base off the votes, the majority likes this, which I did not expect tbh. And yes, wtf indeed, the author wanted the viewers to be shock/confuse, and it seems he has done a great job at it, on either side.
Jul 16, 2017 8:52 AM
May 2017
keragamming said:
Splashback95 said:

And this is why people should not complain about cliche/generic. Because when you do something out of the norm it is considered to be bad. lmao.

Thankfully, base off the votes, the majority likes this, which I did not expect tbh. And yes, wtf indeed, the author wanted the viewers to be shock/confuse, and it seems he has done a great job at it, on either side.

don't get me wrong the show is great and so was this episode but when I heard that I leapt out of my seat screaming WTF
Jul 16, 2017 12:07 PM

Jun 2015
Splashback95 said:
keragamming said:

don't get me wrong the show is great and so was this episode but when I heard that I leapt out of my seat screaming WTF

Isn't that exactly what a plot twist is supposed to do?
Jul 16, 2017 12:12 PM
May 2017
TrashDax said:
Splashback95 said:

Isn't that exactly what a plot twist is supposed to do?

well yes but they said it before it happened and Eren knew because of Hange that they were possibly those Titans and they're the reason his mother is dead and the fall of Shiganshina, that's what didn't wash with me
Jul 21, 2017 1:49 PM

May 2014
"So... umm, yeah... I'm like the armored dude and he's the colossal one... Wanna join the club, bruh?"
Jul 28, 2017 2:08 PM

Dec 2013
wtf did I just watch
somewhere between great and complete bullshit
this whole episode has me lost
Immahnoob said:
They say Jesus walked on water.
People are made out of 79% water.
I can walk on people.
So I am 79% Jesus.
Sourire said:
I once fucked an apple pie.
Jul 31, 2017 12:05 PM

Jan 2013
Lmao wtf, Reiner just casually tells Eren that they're both the Colossal Titan and Armored Titan.
That came out of nowhere and really caught me of guard as it did Eren lol.

OMFG, this is getting crazier and crazier and so much more awesome!
I was almost crying out of enjoyment at the end of this episode, holy F!
Jul 31, 2017 8:43 PM
Mar 2017
Damn, jfc, this episode was the best one imo. I wasn't that interested in this season in the beginning, but now I'm hooked for sure.
Aug 1, 2017 3:06 PM

Jun 2014
that dudes are titans?rally?the actually fucking colossal titan!?
sounds of bs for me
Aug 6, 2017 9:22 AM

Jul 2015
I got spoiled about Reiner and Berthold years ago but I've watched this episode like 8 times and it snatches my weave each and every time ahhhhhhhhh
Aug 8, 2017 8:45 AM
Feb 2011
Best episode in this season so far! I've already read the manga and I still feel so tensed from the build up!
Aug 14, 2017 1:56 AM

Mar 2015
WHAT THE HELLL HOLY SHIT THAT REVEAL

It was so.. nonchalant? So normal? Like yeah I'm the Armored Titan and he's the Colossal Titan.. such a "wait.. the fuck??" moment that built towards such an epic cliffhanger

daaaamn
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 31, 2017 3:10 AM

May 2008
"I'm the Armored Titan and he's the Colossal Titan"

lolololol that made me chuckled xD
Pages (19) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 12, 2017

496 by Magicallykitten »»
Apr 13, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 15, 2017

689 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Apr 21, 2017

465 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 9, 2017

525 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 2, 2017

433 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 4:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.