Forum Settings
Forums
New
What do you think was the best anime of the Spring season 2017?
Alice to Zouroku
1.3%
Berserk (2017)
1.4%
Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season
31.1%
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations
2.0%
Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism
1.0%
Fukumenkei Noise
0.9%
Kyoukai no Rinne (TV) 3rd Season
0.0%
Natsume Yuujinchou Roku
3.6%
Oushitsu Kyoushi Heine
0.9%
Re:Creators
5.1%
Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records
2.5%
Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭
2.1%
Sakura Quest
1.3%
Seikaisuru Kado
1.2%
Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul
2.5%
Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2
27.2%
Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka?
3.3%
Starmyu 2nd Season
0.0%
Tsugumomo
0.4%
Tsuki ga Kirei
9.4%
Uchouten Kazoku 2
2.0%
Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS
0.1%
Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho
1.0%
1,015 votes
Jul 13, 2017 10:09 AM

Sep 2008
Completely forgot about the seasonal poll. :P Time to start this thing again. :P

I will only use the normal anime(at least half normal episode length) and only half of all anime from last season, that are rated the highest

Time limit: 3 weeks
Older charts and polls - Click here

So vote, comment and discuss as much as you want.

Also, please do join our DISCORD Channel for PREMIUM recommendations

Simulwatch Schedule for the Recommendation Club
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1575099
KonikJan 11, 2018 10:01 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 13, 2017 4:56 PM

Mar 2008
Tsuki ga Kirei as the best original work and Uchouten Kazoku 2 as the best adaptation, imo.
i think i'm gonna vote in the second one because its end was much better.
Jul 13, 2017 5:20 PM
Jul 2016
My vote is for Natsume Roku, it was one of the best season of the series and the ending was beautiful.
Jul 13, 2017 5:47 PM
Mar 2015
How the actual FUCK did EROMANGO SENSEI not make it into the poll?
I am utterly disappointed with this.

This aint about tastes,its about common sense and quality/price.Hell,I dare to say that it was one of the most surprising revelations of the year with its unique plot and well thought personalities.

Each week was a pain that only eromanga sensei could aliviate,we were waiting with a lot of different expectations, but nevertheless every week every fan would find themselves in the same position,thinking, "how the fuck did it get worse" and thats how you keep people interested,with incest I mean.

Regardless,eromanga sensei not being on the list is an insult since yu gi oh is there,but anyways all anime is trash and so I am not in favour of marginating the one only good show that has seen the light this season.
Jul 13, 2017 6:15 PM
Jan 2016
Seriously Shingeki no Kyojin 2 and Boku no Hero 2 above Shingeki no Bahamut?
Something we are doing wrong as humanity.

Jul 13, 2017 6:15 PM

Jan 2017
I like how so far the leading non Second season is Tsuki Ka Girei, an anime I was not in the very least expecting to be really all that good before the season started. But now I'm glad I did watch it.
Jul 13, 2017 6:51 PM

Jun 2011
I was expecting it to be good and it was on my plan to watch list because it was a drama with a water color-ish artstyle which always makes me think it is going to be a more serious work these days. As much as the genres were not "drama" the synopsis actually was.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Jul 13, 2017 7:06 PM

Feb 2017
There were some good shows this season. But boku no hero took it clear out of a mixture of hype and content

"All it took was an arm and a leg"
Jul 13, 2017 9:06 PM
Apr 2017
My vote goes to Natsume and his Nyanko sensei :-)

Jul 13, 2017 11:26 PM
Jul 14, 2017 12:50 AM

Apr 2015
I voted for Natsume, out of those I have seen Boku no Hero and attack on titan would make my top 3. I thought Re Creators, Zero kara and Senai heroine were all pretty good too. Need to check out Tsuki ga Kirei since it seems so well received.
Jul 14, 2017 1:09 AM

Jan 2015
Havn't really seen much from spring because most new titles seemed uninteresting, but I would say Uchouten Kazoku 2 is my thing of the season.
Jul 14, 2017 1:13 AM

Apr 2015
Grardox said:

My man, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Jul 14, 2017 1:17 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Quanzhi Gaoshou really ought to be here imo... but okay

Well this will be a really boring race between Boku no Hero Academia and SnK so whatever

As for me I'd probably have to go with Shingeki no Bahamut in the end. I didn't consider it to be AotS throughout the whole season but it's been getting better with every week and at this point it's probably the best of the lot

Still not seeing the hype behind Tsuki ga Kirei either
Jul 14, 2017 1:52 AM

Jan 2017

Nooo.. Atom the Beggining didn't made the cut... hidden gem of this season.
Jul 14, 2017 2:49 AM

Aug 2015
MysteriousSoul said:
Grardox said:

and mine too.
Jul 14, 2017 3:19 AM

Jul 2012
Hesitated between Uchouten Kazoku S2 and Tsuki ga Kirei, but went with the first one. Of course, Boku no Hero Academia S2 is also great.

lord_of_mangoes said:
Nooo.. Atom the Beggining didn't made the cut... hidden gem of this season.

It had great potential but that's it. I was really interested in it too at first but then it went and took a different direction which ruined the enjoyment and anticipation, in my opinion.
Jul 14, 2017 3:53 AM
Apr 2016
WHERE IS MY FUCKING EROMANGA?
Jul 14, 2017 5:13 AM

Apr 2015
BlueSkylark said:
MysteriousSoul said:

and mine too.

I was first drawn away from it at the time the 1st season aired when I was new to anime, perhaps cause of the slightly unusual art style, can't remember. Seems like a lot of mainstreamers wouldn't find it particularly interesting. On another note, if you liked this one, you should check out Keiichi Satou's other anime Karas, and Tiger & Bunny if you haven't seen either. Very similar artstyles between them.

Jul 14, 2017 5:31 AM

Oct 2013
For me:

1. SnK Season 2

2. Tsuki ga Kirei

3. Boku no Hero Academia
Jul 14, 2017 6:12 AM

May 2015
Only 6 votes for Sakura Quest! You people are insane.
Jul 14, 2017 6:27 AM

Apr 2010
Your missing Sakurada Reset which was the best in my opinion.
Tho judging from the reaction there are a few other anime left out as well.
Jul 14, 2017 8:20 AM
Mar 2017
For me, it has to be Tsuki ga Kirei - an anime I had zero expectations for that came out of nowhere to steal my heart.

Jul 14, 2017 8:28 AM

Feb 2012
Feel the love up in here
Jul 14, 2017 9:51 AM

Sep 2008
nahu3l said:

Da_bodi_do said:

I somewhat agree. Even if it wasn't the best and wouldn't win, it should at least be in the poll, however according to the rules that I set up few years ago, both Eromanga sensei and Danmachi Sword Oratoria fell short to get into the poll by 0,01 of MAL score.

Aversa said:

Read the first post. Only half of the anime that started airing in last season that are rated the highest are in our poll.
Jul 14, 2017 10:57 AM
Apr 2016
Mainshit anime is going to win
Jul 14, 2017 4:07 PM

Sep 2015
wow, someone actually voted for berserk(2017)
Jul 14, 2017 9:26 PM

Jun 2016
corvoatano said:

Berserk 2017's score is 7.15 ...
I really don't understand.
Jul 15, 2017 2:31 AM

Sep 2008
WannabeItachi said:
corvoatano said:

Berserk 2017's score is 7.15 ...
I really don't understand.

With sequels it's usually like this. Mostly those who liked the first season watch them, so unless it's something very popular that many people watch or it's a disappointing piece of crap, the score usually will be better. For example Starmyu first season watched has 7,09 and it was scored by 9k people, and second season has 7,41 but only around 2k people scored it. You can notice the same trend with Berserk and many other titles.
Jul 15, 2017 3:13 AM

Nov 2015
obviously this is a poll for the best between hero academia and AoT others anime have no chance

Jul 15, 2017 7:52 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Wanted to give Sakura Quest my vote, but Tsuki ga Kirei just really satisfied the spring season to me thus I gave my vote to.
Jul 15, 2017 11:07 AM
Aug 2015
Turned out like one had expected......

Boku no Hero is one thing, but SnK really live up to its popularity ALONE. Not to disregard those action and thriller lover out there, but those who seek out more than that must've let their finger get the better of them to indiscriminately push the vote on whatever is the title people are talking about the most. Not that I don't understand conformity though..

Anyway I'm just glad there's 11 other people here who love Saekano like I do, seems like I'm not that peculiar after all.

And I'm rather surprised by where Tsuki ga Kirei has placed. Seems like there are still a lot of people who can enjoy something as sweet as that. I wouldn't say it is "that" good though, there's still a little yet disturbing problem when character development is concerned, even though it's about the supporting ones. And there's still a little too much dimensions it ignores. Even if it's okay not to elaborate other idea besides the romance in this kind of show, but I hoped a sufficient amount of attention had been given. But well, hello those 59 people, seems like we can be friends.

The others are about the right amount I think, expect for Rokudenashi which should have get a lot less votes. Like seriously, poorly done characters aside, how have those 13 people don't realize its cliched plots? But well, it can still be amusing if you're just going to "enjoy" it..

Oh and for those somewhat "heated" replies above.. I didn't intending any offense, like really, you guys seems ready to slaps any haters. Eromanga-sensei really had done its job to attract as many fans as it could, and it's such a cute franchise if I can give my opinion. Everybody loves Sagiri, me too. And probably the other heroine are just as well designed, and the art is just beautiful I can't help but enjoying the every second my eyes were blessed. But that's all there is to it. Everyone who SERIOUSLY try to look beyond that, especially its characters development, plots, and themes which are jumbled together in a not-so-tolerable way, shouldn't give it much credit in regard to the actual quality. The general idea is promising actually, that's why I'm so excited after watching the first episode. But the way it turned out is beyond saving, sorry to say. Therefor I'm agree with the poll decision not to include Eromanga-sensei, which it would risk too many votes from fans of the franchise without comprehensive evaluation (same like SnK, with almost completely different audiences. But as you can see, its popularity is already unshakeable and I think it's not bad anyway. Just overrated is forgivable). Despite all of that, honestly I can't bring myself to dislike the heroines, but I certainly not satisfied with the show they're in. Ah but I think Masamune Izumi sucks. I'm a guy after all, of course I wont rate a male character solely based on their look and how they react on things.

But I kinda disagree on one thing about this poll: Renai Boukun. At first glance this show is just trying to mess around, but the messages are surprisingly getting through. While still rough and need more improvement here and there, but the characters' development is not bad. At least there are some attempts to distribute its focus. And I personally like how it tries to elaborate the idea of "falling in love" in a simple yet well presented way. But I kinda understand why people would like to disregard it. The comedy is repetitive and doesn't try to make use of the show's elements thoroughly. The plot is one you might expect and there's nothing special whatsoever with how the characters interact with the events folding upon them. Moreover, the lead male is one you might call a "staple" for harem-comedy. I guess it really not something you can enjoy without liking the general idea itself.
kalaawJul 15, 2017 11:56 AM
Jul 16, 2017 12:09 AM

Feb 2010
Tsuki ga Kirei all the way
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Jul 16, 2017 7:48 AM
Mar 2015
Konik said:
nahu3l said:

Da_bodi_do said:

I somewhat agree. Even if it wasn't the best and wouldn't win, it should at least be in the poll, however according to the rules that I set up few years ago, both Eromanga sensei and Danmachi Sword Oratoria fell short to get into the poll by 0,01 of MAL score.

Aversa said:

Read the first post. Only half of the anime that started airing in last season that are rated the highest are in our poll.

I understand,though rules are often changed, and sometimes exceptions have to be made,also statistically,the averages are incorrect,well not incorrect,but inexact,since each animu has a different sample size thus its not giving an accurate representation of what the community actually thinks overall.

I think we should have a couple based on popularity and a couple based on strict ratings,or maybe seasonal influence i dont fkn know man,but i dont think that animes like that should be left out based on 0.01 points missing to enter the poll.
Jul 16, 2017 6:52 PM
Jun 2017
Of course boku no hero academia is gonna win
Jul 17, 2017 10:14 PM
Jan 2016
Well Boku no Hero Acadamia s02 has surely been creating a lot more hype than SnK or Boruto or Berserk. No wonder why it has got max. votes...

But in my opinion Natsume Yuujinchu Roku is also at par with it... The series has its stories gradually unfolding, you see... Now the actual stuff is only gonna start...
Jul 18, 2017 8:16 AM
Jun 2015
To those who voted for Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho, you have true taste
Jul 18, 2017 3:50 PM

Jul 2014
BlueSkylark said:
MysteriousSoul said:

and mine too.

What did you guys expect from the mass of plebs, who only watch the hyped shows ... It hurts T_T

Jul 19, 2017 10:13 AM

Apr 2016
Shingeki no bahamut! I thought It would have more votes...
I don't know what to put here
Jul 23, 2017 5:44 AM

Aug 2015
nahu3l said:

This aint about tastes,its about common sense and quality/price.Hell,I dare to say that it was one of the most surprising revelations of the year with its unique plot and well thought personalities.

Each week was a pain that only eromanga sensei could aliviate,we were waiting with a lot of different expectations, but nevertheless every week every fan would find themselves in the same position,thinking, "how the fuck did it get worse" and thats how you keep people interested,with incest I mean.

Regardless,eromanga sensei not being on the list is an insult since yu gi oh is there,but anyways all anime is trash and so I am not in favour of marginating the one only good show that has seen the light this season.

Well seeing as the ending was utter crap, it ended up the same way as Oreimo....
Jul 23, 2017 9:10 AM

Mar 2013
Can't wait for next Anime of the Season poll to find out which series people whine about not being there, which ones are trash but win polls, and which ones could have a chance of winning if the one person rooting for it had 300 accounts.

Poor Konik.

Come visit the Rec club! Everyone gets confused as to what they want to watch or read next. :T

Here is the Official Rec Club list of Recommendations!
Jul 23, 2017 9:41 AM

Jan 2017
You know that its hard to choose 1 T^T
Jul 23, 2017 12:51 PM

Apr 2017
I thought you could choose multiple so i chose My Hero Academy
and the AOT only after voting did i notice that my vote was for only AOT
Still weird to see that the best two animes of this season are both sequels

"Life and death have been in love,
For longer than we have words to describe,
Life sends countless gifts to death,
And death keeps them forever."

Jul 23, 2017 2:46 PM
Sep 2016

yea Imo it s one of the best Animes this Season It really should be there too!
Jul 23, 2017 7:09 PM

Nov 2014
ani147 said:
BlueSkylark said:

and mine too.

What did you guys expect from the mass of plebs, who only watch the hyped shows ... It hurts T_T

That is not true. Boku no hero s2 is extremely good and it all comes down to preference anw.
cry4healsJul 23, 2017 7:18 PM
Jul 24, 2017 4:44 PM

Aug 2010
Sadly, I missed out on a lot of good anime this season, and out of the ones I watched, Boku no Hero was the best one so I guess i'll choose that...

I also agree that Eromanga should have made it here regardless of the ratings due to how popular it was. That show was being talked about everywhere. Surely it could have been an exception. I never trust the ratings on MAL as they are just terrible. Many of the highest rated shows are up there simply because they're part of the mainstream and people just love to spam 10s on them.
Jul 24, 2017 6:25 PM

Jun 2016
i have to say... theres no critical value to this whatsoever. i voted for SnK because thats the only show completed that is on the list.

props to Konik. he's doing his best. inspiring man. inspiring server. well done
"there's a difference between reaching your dreams and finding happiness"-Nana

Jul 25, 2017 6:58 PM

Jan 2010
Why the hell do so many stuff have more points than Uchouten Kazoku?? I get that it's probably harder for a sequel to get points (if it's not a mainstream anime), but still it was a masterpiece and I expected it to be only behind Bahamut,SnK and maybe one or two other anime...
Jul 26, 2017 8:04 PM
Feb 2017
Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records..╰( ◕ ᗜ ◕ )╯
Aug 1, 2017 2:35 PM

Feb 2014
At least there are a few somewhat decent shows this season. Now Summer 2017 on the other hand...that's going to be a train wreck.

Voted for Alice and Zoroku since My Hero Academia S2 isn't even finished yet.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Introductions ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

imperlast - Jun 14, 2010

1415 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 26, 8:21 PM

» Mecha Manga

PlasticRobot - Feb 23

0 by PlasticRobot »»
Feb 23, 7:05 PM

» Recomend any manga and i will read it!!

Tamurax - Feb 2

2 by Fauzy_Weliady »»
Feb 5, 7:15 PM

» Guys, check my paintings - Tribute to Makoto Shinkai

mufarari - Jan 13

1 by Tamurax »»
Feb 2, 7:36 AM

» I need manga

Charizardexbb - Jan 28

0 by Charizardexbb »»
Jan 28, 6:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.