Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Apr 8, 2015 7:58 PM

Feb 2013
(rewatched)

Load mind blown.

I forgot about Chuck's power-up mode.
Mom to the rescue.
The guy at the beginning that lost his insides in that gunfight...

Just "wow".

Upgraded from 8 to 9/10.
Apr 10, 2015 11:47 PM

Sep 2014
Okay, WHAT THE FUCK

No seriously WHAT THE FUCK

I don't even...
Apr 15, 2015 3:10 PM

Feb 2015
Aw crap.

'Season 2'

Why did they mess it up lol.

I was so looking forward to giving this a 10 but thanks to the last two episodes, it gets a 9.

edit: Screw that, just rewatched it again (yes, the whole series, it was too good) and I'm not going to let that troll ending ruin the best thing i've seen since Kill la Kill.

10/10
iDensityApr 17, 2015 5:28 AM
Jun 1, 2015 7:46 AM
May 2015
I thought about stocking's betrayal and only one thing comes to mind...
Remember she's fallen in LOVE with that loser ghost guy
So she's teaming up with that mayor guy
who must've promised to revive him
Only case which makes sense
Jun 20, 2015 4:52 PM

Feb 2015
Fun watch and had a sweet soundtrack. I think Detroit Metal City and Kill la Kill do a better job at over the top comedy and action, respectively.
Jun 24, 2015 7:58 PM

May 2012
watching the whole series just to see the transformation scene in each episode lol .-.
save all the cute girls from ntr manga
Jul 7, 2015 3:28 AM

Jun 2014
Pretty fun show overall, although that ending was a bit of a shock.
Jul 9, 2015 4:43 PM

Sep 2014
That was the most funniest wtf troll ending i've ever seen in my entire life LOL, surely they knew season 2 wasn't gunna happen "Stay tuned NEXT season" five years later no season 2. Loved it.
Jul 17, 2015 10:15 PM

Nov 2010
It was a perfect ending and then ... lol.

i'm not gonna take the last part seriously. but it was funny anyway.

8/10
Sep 17, 2015 3:51 PM

Jun 2015
They really traced a path for a 2nd season, such a shame there wasn't one. Oh well. Still an interesting anime. Not that great, but different and wacky.

I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine.
Oct 6, 2015 9:22 PM

Aug 2015
I still miss Stocking.
Anime was a mistake. Heil Manga.
Oct 29, 2015 10:02 AM

Jun 2009
Despite having watched a few Gainax series before, I have never heard the term "gainax ending", "gainax trolling" or such.
NOW I KNOW.
I am in tears
Nov 7, 2015 6:44 PM

Feb 2015
5 years later no squeal :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 13, 2015 4:08 PM

Jun 2015
THEGENETICFREAK said:
5 years later no squeal :(

Yeah, it really makes me wanna sequel at the top of my lungs. lol

But seriously, this anime really needs a second season.

I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine.
Nov 14, 2015 1:52 AM

Jan 2015
Reminded me of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood xD

This is probably my favourite ecchi.

Is what I would say if it wasn't for the ending. If they make a season 2 (Brief & Chuck with Garterbelt), this might be my favourite ecchi. But for now, it's probably still Is This A Zombie?, don't get me wrong though, this anime was fucking awesome!

7/10
Jan 31, 2016 9:42 PM

Jul 2015
I don't even know what to say...I mean, this episode was perfect until that last minute...seriously? It was really neccesary? Stocking was a demon the whole time what the fuck xd

6/10. Last 3 episodes were brilliant btw.
♪♪ All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be ♪♪

Jul 28, 2016 2:15 PM

Dec 2015
What the fuck is everyone talking about? Is there a scene after the ending scene or something? Should I watch it?
Aug 15, 2016 2:51 PM

Jul 2014
Holy shit this show was garbage like wooow. Gainax continues to amaze me. GG Gainax.

1/10, can't wait to watch season 2.
Sep 13, 2016 5:15 AM

May 2016
At first I didn't like the ending, Stocking being a demon just flies in the face of everything we saw in the series. But then I remembered this entire show is a parody that is not meant to be taken seriously, so I won't take the ending at face value.

Overall this was a good series full of hilarious insults, comebacks and sex jokes. Great characters and a rocking soundtrack. The dub was fantastic! However I do wish the series was able to maintain its mojo throughout as some episodes in the middle of the series were rather boring. I still love the transformers parody in episode 7 though.

I give the series a 7/10.
Bondrewd did nothing wrong.
Oct 16, 2016 3:52 PM

Aug 2014
2016 is about to end and there's still no sign of a season 2... Japan you disappoint me yet again smh.

9/10 for this bat shit insane series. I enjoyed the dub way more though.
Jan 5, 2017 6:52 PM

Jul 2013
Was good until the ending. 7/10 from me.
Feb 20, 2017 11:57 AM

Sep 2015
I guess this is about what I expected from the finale. Rampant fetishism, a big bad monster, some kind of redemption arc for Panty. Deaths, rebirths and deaths again. A completely over the top super weapon for the angels. I really liked Stocking coming back to the rescue, though you'd have to be brain dead to not see it coming. And Garterbelt dying and returning in reverse was pretty funny. I guess if I had a big complaint, it'd be that nonsense post credits hook and twist. Plus its hard to forgive it for something so weird that changes the face of the show. When they were never able to get a second season off the ground.

All in all I give this series a 7/10. There were times I felt I might have given it more. It could be quite creative, had consistently fun animation, a bitching soundtrack. And maybe most uniquely it had some crazy and unexpected references to Western pop culture. All of which I definitely found interesting. But to coin a phrase someone once used to describe TTGL. While at times it could be really funny. There were also a lot of times (way too many in this case) in which it REALLY wasn't. Still nothing ventured nothing gained. I've seen way worse series than this. And if I'm being honest I'd give that second season a chance if it ever came out.
Mar 21, 2017 4:38 PM

Aug 2013
Great show, it's not particularly deep or whatever but it's fantastic entertainment and art. A definitely 9/10 for me.

Really, people are making far too much of a fuss over Stocking. It's hardly that gobsmacking, after what happened in episode 9 and episode 11. Sure it was rather surprising especcially considering the timing and everything, but Stockings action makes sense to a fair degree. It's not like Stocking killed her sister either, just immobilised her (with the intent of having her reassembled). I do want to see if the sisters work with Garterbelt though. Damn I wish there was a second season.

Everything else in this episode was so crazy and insane I couldn't keep up. I loved the insanity though, and all those crazy new developments.
[/url]
Seven-Coloured Puppeteer.
Jul 13, 2017 1:53 PM
Dec 2015
does anyone still have hope that there will be a second season?
Jul 28, 2017 5:59 AM

Aug 2012
galacula said:
does anyone still have hope that there will be a second season?

Nope. All hopes died like Panty.
Sep 29, 2017 10:53 AM

Nov 2016
This was a fun watch. The animation is distinctly in a western style which somehow worked and the ost was good, especially the ED song. One of the crudest things I have witnessed. 7/10
Oct 2, 2017 3:12 AM

May 2015
That is not my taste at all. It was just bad. 3/10.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 27, 2017 2:16 PM

Dec 2013
Sick anime! I really enjoyed it and wish there was more, especially after this WTF ending.
I normally don't like this kind of animation, but it worked pretty good here and was enjoyable to watch.

Mar 13, 2018 5:12 PM

Jan 2017
I finally understand what the “Gainax twist ending” is... This show was a fun ride, and I’m glad Brief and Panty got together in the end (somewhat). Overall, this show was an 8.5/10 for me, and though I doubt it, I hope it gets a second season!
Dec 31, 2018 1:38 PM
Jul 2018
Troll ending aside, a solid end to a solid anime. Especially loved all of the originality with the animation styles. I had a lot of fun. 8/10

Sequel after 10/20 years so probably in 2020/30, if we judge by Gainax's other shows ... and it will suck so I hope they do not make any.
Jan 15, 2019 3:46 PM

Oct 2015
Wow, who would've expected for Stockings to be a traitor and a demon too. All along she was working with Corset, but I'm kinda glad she chopped Panty up. Stockings is the only good thing about the show, too bad Panty was the one given more platform than her. Poor Briefers, Garter and Chuck for being betrayed like that, I wonder how will they get Panty back since there hasn't been season 2 in like forever.

Overall, the show was a parody of many things from sex in the city, transformers, back to the future, high school musical, Charlie's angels, powerpuff girls, etc. It was like a cartoon network show but with more raunchy behavior and crude jokes. For me personally I didn't enjoy it, I hardly laughed and I'm sorry but it's so true. I didn't find the dirty jokes/sex jokes funny at all, in fact it was torture to watch the series. I kinda regret thinking of watching this as I'm a person who loves comedy, and thought I would laugh but hell I never busted a gut on this shitfest. I felt the jokes were for horny boys and people who just ain't getting some, I will never understand how people enjoy anime with such jokes but hey we enjoy what we enjoy and I ain't judging it's your sense of humor.

If there was a season 2, hell no for me! I will stick with my pathetic cliche anime jokes, I'm really sorry. 4/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 21, 2019 1:53 PM

Jan 2017
GOD! MY! OH!

What a ride it was! Exceptional anime, it was the show I was looking for the past 2 years, show that will make me it's slave and will not let go until the end. Definitely at the top of my list.
Jul 30, 2019 10:12 AM

Jul 2009
Ending was such a troll XD

Still, the Animation was superb and it seems they really went all in this(literally). Just disappointed that the Demon Sisters didn't get that much of screen time and were just regulated to just weapons.

Nice to see Panty in his old days. But if that was truly her grand mother. It seems she never mentioned anything about Stocking. Could be that Stocking was never her sister in the first place and probably got bestowed by the Heavens. Though, Stocking did mentioned about their mother stepping on Corset. So I don't know XD

I thought Panty & Stocking were sisters?! When did Stocking became a Demon in the first place? Pretty sure the Demon Girls would have known. Even they look shock as hell!

So now next season is Chuck & Brief?! Is Panty really dead or can be revived just like Gaterbelt? I know Stocking asked her what would happen if she uses the angel weapons against her.

God My Oh!!!

Shame there will probably won't be a S2. It's almost 10 years now (2010) since this camesout, Gainax in some legal battle with Studio Khara (Evangelion), haven't made any works since 2015. Trying to adapt Zero Century works by Leiji Matsumoto from 2021 and beyond.

Someone really needs to carry the PSG mantel and style. I also love the OST. Want more Taku Takahashi goodness!!

Give this a 9/10. I enjoyed the journey and the OST and Animation is freaking good! I miss style like this!

SomaHeirJul 30, 2019 10:16 AM
Aug 27, 2019 6:54 PM

Sep 2012
Lol that ending defenitely let us hanging. Hopefully, we will get a sequel someday.

I pretty much liked the whole series, it was pretty funny at times and I just love the characters, so it will be a 8/10 from me
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho
Sep 14, 2019 1:09 PM

Aug 2007
Whoo! Finally watched this anime after putting it off for so many years.
I really love the over the top sexuality of everything, the art style, and the music.
However, there were some episodes that were absolutely fantastic and some that were... not so much. It really makes me wish there was a second season because I think it would have been even better, but I went into this knowing there was never a second one made. Ah well.

6/10

May 25, 2020 12:08 PM
Jul 2009
A very fun show. I wish there was a second season
I'm not a neko girl, I'm nyan-binary, hence the name
Yes I am an SJW.
No i will not scream at you for being a straight, white, cis, male.
I have important things to scream about and a finite amount of time in the day.
Feel free to talk to me, I only bite if you ask nicely :D
Jun 19, 2020 8:51 PM

Jul 2016
I understand why I've been seeing so many people begging for season 2 for so many years.

It's a good standalone anime that doesn't really need a season 2, but man, I'd watch it if it got a season 2.
Oct 24, 2020 11:31 AM

Aug 2015
This episode was a huge mindfuck, I can't even attempt to understand what just happened, I guess it's gonna be permanently left out with a big cliffhanger?

Anyway, the English dub was fire, can't recommend it enough and the show was really good overall.

10/10 for now!
Dec 29, 2020 4:35 AM

Jul 2017
GAINAXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That very final scene post-credits scene killed me with laughter, of course they'd pull that shit off with Stocking doing Panty and Garterbelt dirty like that out of nowhere. Beautiful shit right there, and even better since it sets up the premise for another season but it hasn't happened for a decade so it's pretty much the end in a way, played that cliffhanger troupe nicely. What an ending though, and it's pretty incredible to see how Gainax decided to ruin Christmas for anime fans a decade ago with these epic twists. Stocking truly was a goth/demon at heart at the end there.

Overall I'd give the show a 7/10 overall. Surprisingly a lot more entertaining than I expected it to be after the rewatch and until I rewatch Gurren Lagann again and see what my proper rating for that would be nowadays, this show is the tied-highest rating I have for a Gainax anime. It was stupid, crude but damn it had some fun and crazy as fuck moments in there. Great dub and music too and animation at some big scenes in particular, and just overall, a great time seeing this again with a friend of mine.
animejasDec 29, 2020 4:40 AM
Mar 11, 2021 6:52 AM

Jan 2021
Im righting this in 2021

still no second season in sight
Mar 21, 2021 11:40 PM
Dec 2018
Bruh wtf just happened. 10/10
Apr 3, 2021 3:29 AM

May 2020
Eh, I thought this show was pretty okay overall. There were some episodes that I really enjoyed but many of the episodes I didn't like very much either. Imo the show is carried too much by obscene and immature humor. And yeah that's not really my cup of tea, although I can understand why other people may like it. I think I would've enjoyed this show much more if I had watched it back in middle school or something where the style of this show was more in line with my tastes.
Jun 20, 2021 3:06 PM

Aug 2017
Pure Imaishi/Sushio awesomeness, crazy fun. Gainax can do comedy, as exemplified by Abenobashi, and now this. The descending God killed me for good.

The gravestone near the church disappeared, forever unexplained...who cares xD Maybe it was Garterbelt's predecessor.

Jun 29, 2021 7:57 PM

Jul 2014
Well, that wraps up my rewatch of this show. It's still great. Technically, this is my first time actually fully watching the series, since I never originally fully watched episodes 12 and 13, so I'm glad I did that.
Aug 16, 2021 8:25 PM

May 2019
Lol I love how everyone took that after credits scene so seriously and let it affect their opinion of the whole show, it's just a troll ending and the ending before the credits wrapped it up nicely. I've seen people wanting a second season for so long now, it's kinda weird to me that a lot of people didn't see the joke even 10 years later.
Sep 14, 2021 11:18 AM

Dec 2018
This show made the biggest fucking joke out of /a/, and not /a/. It trolls people so hard into having false beliefs and even at points taking it seriously. Imagine actually believe the "To be continued". Eh maybe it will actually return, but my point stands. The ending is just a big middle finger to the face, it doesn't give a shit about whether to come back or not. It just wants to make everyone look like fucking clowns, but the great thing is, it treats people as such without coming off as condescending.

Literally a postmodern pop culture craze 'fuck you' of a show. Doesn't let any chance of poking fun at anything slide, which makes it equally offensive towards everything and hence inoffensive. Gainax really waited a decade for the final joke to truly land. If only they could just remove those quality-dropped episodes, but overall some worthwhile insanity. God the meta is fucking me sideways.
. . .
Oct 29, 2021 8:42 PM

Jan 2011
I'm just giving this a 10/10 before even finishing - every ep has been entertaining as fuck all hell so far.

This really focuses on a few aspects and turns them to 110, comedy, ost, action scenes when presented are on point - one of the most entertaining things I've seen to date in almost 2 decades.

Very unique, very few shows that push things so far to extremes compared to predictable cookie cutter shows - this is a fucking gem, can't believe it came out 10 goddamn years ago WOW.
Jan 4, 2022 2:04 AM
Nov 2021
Bruh that was just so stupid...
I love it.
Mar 17, 2022 7:53 PM

Jan 2021
This show was so ass… they just gutted Stocking’s character again. Eh whatever she’s goth
under”Mebius” is my salvation

May 2, 2022 10:27 AM
Dec 2021
this is a great anime. Their proper full look is really hot
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

chalco - Nov 5, 2010

199 by Eatsik »»
Apr 20, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - Dec 17, 2010

140 by TobiasAnimeMan »»
Apr 13, 1:39 AM

Poll: » Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

SunshineNoka - Dec 3, 2010

201 by JoaoPedru »»
Apr 8, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Nov 19, 2010

144 by JoaoPedru »»
Apr 3, 8:18 AM

Poll: » Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Gar_Logan - Nov 26, 2010

140 by Wiziliz »»
Mar 30, 12:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.