Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jul 2, 2017 12:15 PM

Feb 2017
I'd like to know what happened to My Waifu (a.k.a. Asperger Chan, or Dr. Shinawa)?

The look on her face, when she heard that zaShuina wanted to take humanity into the Anistropic, and shots of her working furiously (as she is wont to do) after the "Fregonics Man" armor was complete, gives me the impression of a Despicable Me "Light-Bulb!" moment.

Could she and "Deus ex Machina Chan" have gone on a grand tour of the Anistropic?

Inquiring minds want to know!
"I am not a Mochi Monster" - Nyanko Sensei
Jul 2, 2017 12:46 PM

Jul 2011
What were they on when they thought: "Oh, if we have a child between a human and an anisotropic being, s/he'll totally be OP."? Like... how could they possibly have arrived at that conclusion?

The whole plan of having a child trapped in an isolated and time-fudged space was pretty sad. I mean, I might understand if Shindo had mostly lost his humanity... but everyone else apparently agreed with the plan... and the only reason why Shindo would oppose ZaShunina in the firstly is precisely out of consideration for "humanity" and regaining the concept of his own humanity. So pulling a stunt like this can't make sense, he also sacrificed 16 years of Hanamori's life to make this work. Then again, he walked into a battle he knew he'd win... in terms of baiting ZaShunina to kill him, just so that he could surprise the heck out of ZaShunina when the plan he thought succeeded turned out to have something come out from nowhere......... it certainly surprised me.

Also, why is she wearing a school uniform? It's not like she ever needed one in the first place, right?

At least they're letting her go do her own thing. Sure, 16 years is nothing on the boredom ZaShunina and his anisotropic compatriots experienced throughout the birth of the universe... I just think it's still not a very human thing to agree to a plan that trapped a baby (made out of convenience) in space for what we perceive to be an utterly long time. (I guess why ZaShunina went "rogue" in the first place?)

Am I done blabbering now? Probably, I have more questions... but it's not like I hate the show. I enjoyed it a lot actually, and I don't believe an ending should necessarily nullify the effect of the rest of the story that came before it.
Jul 2, 2017 1:15 PM

Aug 2013
I would have actually preferred a shounen fight at the end. Talking it out with fists is way better than "haha we produced a child, accelerated time for her, and she's somehow an OP gal who can 2 shot Zashunina because fuck logic". And honestly, I really don't see how Zashunina was so in the wrong. The whole conflict was increadibly stupid. It made no sense whatsoever.

I'll give it a 7/10 just because of how great it started.
[/url]
Seven-Coloured Puppeteer.
Jul 2, 2017 2:25 PM

Feb 2017
Saffron_entity said:
I would have actually preferred a shounen fight at the end. Talking it out with fists is way better than "haha we produced a child, accelerated time for her, and she's somehow an OP gal who can 2 shot Zashunina because fuck logic". And honestly, I really don't see how Zashunina was so in the wrong. The whole conflict was increadibly stupid. It made no sense whatsoever.

I'll give it a 7/10 just because of how great it started.

I would have settled for a shujo fight, but yeah, if zaShuina only needed one human to successfully cross over to the Anistropic, why didn't he just ask for volunteers?
"I am not a Mochi Monster" - Nyanko Sensei
Jul 2, 2017 3:17 PM
Oct 2016
LeonLanford said:

1. They're just sealed within boundary? Hanamori and Yukika's outfit and the car seems to say they're living another life in other parallel world.. If they're just sealed within boundary, why Hanamori said he raised Yukika for 16 years? Why he must also go with Yukika?

2. Yeah no explanation about the ring at all.. All I just said was just a speculation.

3. The answer is probably about the 'soul'. You can copy 2 identical things but the soul won't be the same. Which raised the question about who Yukika talked with in the end. Was that Shindo but in soul form or Shindo in alternative world? If that Shindo in soul form, then does afterlife exists?

Hanamori is still alive in the end. They way his friends treated him just made me sad.. Hanamori: "I'm her father, I rased her for 16 years you know", and then her friends just laughed him off: "Shindo is the father lol".

Yukika 'killed' Yahakui was questionable, is there such a thing as 'kill' in anisotropic life form? Yahakui might be still 'alive' and return later.

1. If parallel worlds exist, Zashunina from higher dimension should have come in all of them otherwise how did Zashunina defeated in that parallel world?

3. I think in an series that there is humanity's advance and science, there is mind but soul has no place

Akuma-chi said:
Also, why is she wearing a school uniform? It's not like she ever needed one in the first place, right?

loL
She could become someone like eromanga sensei who doesn't come out of her room and home; With no one to kill Zashunina, I wonder what dead shindo would do
Jul 2, 2017 3:27 PM

Nov 2007
Worst ending ever. Honestly everything that happened after ep 9 felt like they just replaced the writer and hired somebody else who had no idea what they were doing.

Nothing made sense and they took the show into a whole other direction? Everything the characters built up during the first episodes were just completely ruined because of Saraka and whatever her own desires were for the fate of humanity. Honestly she's the most cliche tsundere anime girl type I've seen in a long time. I don't even know how she got her job as negotiator because she's so childish?

This show had so much potential but that ending really ruined it.
Jul 2, 2017 4:10 PM

Jul 2016
I loved this anime from the beginning, and I loved it even more after the plot twist.

It's amazing how these "aliens", the anisotropic beings, who started off so cold and austere, because so humane in the end. Saraka fell in love with Shindou, and also Yaha-kui zaShunina loved him a lot, apparently.

The ending was far from a typical "happily ever after", so congrats for that, Seikaisuru Kado. You are one of the best anime of spring 2017.

But when was Yukika conceived?? If I got it right she was conceived in the timeframe of the last 4 episodes, and then they manipulated time so she spent a while with Shindou and after he died Hanamori took care of her? In a different timezone?? W H A T

Overall: 8
Jul 2, 2017 4:32 PM

Jun 2013
the seris started great but then it changed what the hell happened now we get this ending
Jul 2, 2017 5:00 PM

Mar 2009
This was an intellectual and thought-provoking show about an alien trying to progress human civilization...and it turned into a battle shonen; evil and over-the-top shonen villain expressions from zaShunia, included. lmao anime is wild. Japan is wild.

They never even showed when Shindou and Saraka did the deed. The last thing we saw from them was a kiss. Did Saraka get pregnant from the kiss?
Jul 2, 2017 8:07 PM
Jul 2017
In the beginning, it was good anime. Then the ending.. Oh God, it ruin everything. This anime have a good idea, it's about a great negotiator and a lonely alien. Shindo is great negotiator, not a lover boy. I think the ending is to rushed. Too shame with the ending. It can be better
Jul 2, 2017 8:09 PM

Sep 2016
I guess ZaShunina saw being cold and logical wasn't getting Shindou to come with him so he tried appealing to his more emotional/human side? Or maybe ZaShunina just had an emotional breakdown when his only friend didn't agree with him. Either way, I really liked how their relationship developed despite ZaShunina not understanding humans until the very end. Very believable imo.

Overall, the ending felt a bit rushed, the OP kid came completely out of left field (though it was hilarious when she was first revealed), and props to Hanamori for raising a kid that wasn't his own for 16 years. I really liked the premise and character development of ZaShunina/Shindo so 7/10.
Jul 2, 2017 10:31 PM

Oct 2008
oh what a twist that I didn't expect...
they used the Nanomis-heim and produced a dimension which time progresses quickly and Shindo eloped with Saraka and made a baby hybrid girl who is more powerful than a godlike and I think Yukika is already beyond godlike...ok LEGIT!
3/5.
7/10 - because i think everything is an asspull.

Jul 3, 2017 5:56 AM

Nov 2015
I'd be lying if I thought this ending was fine.

I didn't like it at all.
Jul 3, 2017 8:02 AM
Jul 2008
Masood_sama_XN said:
LeonLanford said:

1. They're just sealed within boundary? Hanamori and Yukika's outfit and the car seems to say they're living another life in other parallel world.. If they're just sealed within boundary, why Hanamori said he raised Yukika for 16 years? Why he must also go with Yukika?

2. Yeah no explanation about the ring at all.. All I just said was just a speculation.

3. The answer is probably about the 'soul'. You can copy 2 identical things but the soul won't be the same. Which raised the question about who Yukika talked with in the end. Was that Shindo but in soul form or Shindo in alternative world? If that Shindo in soul form, then does afterlife exists?

Hanamori is still alive in the end. They way his friends treated him just made me sad.. Hanamori: "I'm her father, I rased her for 16 years you know", and then her friends just laughed him off: "Shindo is the father lol".

Yukika 'killed' Yahakui was questionable, is there such a thing as 'kill' in anisotropic life form? Yahakui might be still 'alive' and return later.

1. If parallel worlds exist, Zashunina from higher dimension should have come in all of them otherwise how did Zashunina defeated in that parallel world?

3. I think in an series that there is humanity's advance and science, there is mind but soul has no place

1. Did you forget about Sansa? It made you aware that there's more than one of 'you'. 'You' in here is just one piece. Anisotropic is different, anisotropic is just one entity. It was explained when Yahakui talking about the world administrator. Normal human also can't live 16 years being isolated, Hanamori will go crazy. Furthermore there's no food in isolated space.

3. It's the only reason why Yahakui can't replicate living being perfectly. Unless you have other explanation?

I won't explain again to you if you still don't understand. After all those are all just my hypothesis.

Akuma-chi said:

But when was Yukika conceived?? If I got it right she was conceived in the timeframe of the last 4 episodes, and then they manipulated time so she spent a while with Shindou and after he died Hanamori took care of her? In a different timezone?? W H A T

Overall: 8

Mormegil said:
This was an intellectual and thought-provoking show about an alien trying to progress human civilization...and it turned into a battle shonen; evil and over-the-top shonen villain expressions from zaShunia, included. lmao anime is wild. Japan is wild.

They never even showed when Shindou and Saraka did the deed. The last thing we saw from them was a kiss. Did Saraka get pregnant from the kiss?

Most likely after the kiss, they went somewhere. It's already dawn when Shindo return. He was fixing his tie and said sorry he was late.

Jul 3, 2017 2:33 PM

Aug 2013
Started very well, then went downhill until episode 11 and 12 that went complete bulls***.

This is appalling.
froggy25Jul 3, 2017 2:39 PM
Jul 3, 2017 4:26 PM
Oct 2016
LeonLanford said:

1. Did you forget about Sansa? It made you aware that there's more than one of 'you'. 'You' in here is just one piece. Anisotropic is different, anisotropic is just one entity. It was explained when Yahakui talking about the world administrator. Normal human also can't live 16 years being isolated, Hanamori will go crazy. Furthermore there's no food in isolated space.

3. It's the only reason why Yahakui can't replicate living being perfectly. Unless you have other explanation?

I won't explain again to you if you still don't understand. After all those are all just my hypothesis.

Sansa is like multi core CPU, you can do multiple things with brain at same time and they only said about sleeping; It can't make one of you age physically

Here is the isolated place with rooms, and they used Nanomis-hein to make time goes faster there relative to outside (like The Room of Spirit and Time in DBZ)

Jul 3, 2017 5:58 PM

Jan 2011
I was gonna make a joke about how Shindo got laid the previous ep, but mfw super baby.

Seeing zaShunina get so bfto was pretty entertaining, ngl.
Jul 3, 2017 6:55 PM

May 2009
ಠ_ಠ just the hell are you doing Toei, well could be worse but it doesn't mean it's good. Start very strong but suddenly change in direction in very awkward way. I hope I can rate this 7/10 but that deus ex machina though, poor Hanamori.

6/10, just give me back the non yandere zaShunina from early episodes and I'll be happy
Jul 3, 2017 8:54 PM

Jun 2013
The right answer is not "understanding each other" but "just make babies." How could we have been so blind?

I would be annoyed, but I stopped taking the show seriously around the half-way point. So yeah, I'm baffled but not annoyed.

This was still an okay show, I was never bored at least. Nice to look at, catchy opening and ending, and I liked zaShunina, even if the show wasted his potential. It's also funny that, aside from zaShu, it's the characters I disliked the most initially that I prefer to remember after the finale: Hanamori and Shinawa. Shindou and Tsukai were alright, but I feel like the last quarter of the show drove their characters into the ground, taking all credibility from them.
LeeTailorJul 3, 2017 8:58 PM
Jul 3, 2017 8:59 PM

May 2012
This plot has so many holes it could be a swiss cheese.

At the first episodes it had everything to be a great anime: Interesting premisse and design, likeable main character, and originality... Then, the direction suddenly took a completly different route and everything built until that moment was thrown to the trash. Just to have a new character solving everything with her god powers in the last minutes.

Also Yaha-Kui, the character that in my opinion was the one who made everything interesting in first place, got completly put aside for no reason at all. And when he came back to having screen time, it was just to be made the bad guy by behaving in a way that just don't suit his personality until there. And then "die" in the hands of the new OP character. --'

Meanwhile, Saraka used the p*ssy power to convince Shindo into siding with her without the need of strong arguments and fair negotiation. There's no way I can respect her.

Also the moral was like "If you have enough power your answer is the right answer". And fine, that's how the world works but not what I want to see in my anime.

So I gave it a 3/10.
SatanJul 3, 2017 9:02 PM

Men Are From Mars, 
Women Are From Venus 
and Gays Are From Uranus

Jul 4, 2017 1:03 PM

May 2008
The homo advanced REAL quick here. I'm gonna miss this show. I really loved it. I'm gonna hunt the manga down for sure.

Jul 4, 2017 1:16 PM

Dec 2014
What...what was that ending?!
This started out so promising, aside from the CGI, but then after the "big reveal" that Zashu was a bad guy it just devolved into a very lackluster anime with, pardon my franchesism, ass pulls left and right and with Shindo's daughter being the cherry on the cake..I'm VERY disappointed about how this turned out...
It was a relatively accurate story, about how humanity would react to an advanced alien coming to share his technologies. Then they went with the most boring reveal that he had ulterior motives, which I was still fine with, then some last minute explanations about time travels and basically a god being born between a human and an anisotropic being..
The one thing I liked about the ending is how Tsukai basically implied that even if people die they transform into information and survive in some other dimension like that, unless I misinterpreted that part.
AnathorJul 4, 2017 1:21 PM
Jul 4, 2017 1:31 PM

Jan 2012
I love how it is almost an even split between people loving this episode and hating it.

This show presented a ton of interesting, unique ideas. A lot of interesting and memorable characters. It was incredibly unpredictable. Gray morality.

And how very polarizing! Love or hate!

Won the season, easily.
Jul 4, 2017 10:14 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I'm with the disappointed camp :/ I also have the same questions as well, the main one being how can an organism that is half human and and half anistropic be in a higher dimension than an anistropic? Their explanation for it doesn't seem logical or physically possible, the fact that she has understanding of both humanity and the anistropic makes her a higher dimension? Did they forget the fact that Saraka, reincarnating since the beginning of Earth, has lost some powers due to the fact that she's been in a lower dimension for so long? I'm thinking of several ways that this could make sense, but I also keep finding rebuttals against those theories. I also don't understand why Saraka would've lost her powers. Losing her powers means that she lost understanding of the anistropic, and can that happen just because she conceived a half human baby (who is biologically human...because Saraka is biologically in a human body...)?

And if someone does give a persuasive answer to this question, then why did Yukika not arrive earlier, if she's so powerful? There wasn't even a second where she struggled against Yaha. If she came earlier and in time to save her biological father, they would've still been able to surprise Yaha... ALTHOUGH I'd be pretty happy if the answer is in fact that she doesn't care too much about her biological given the fact that he was MIA all her life. Her real father is Hanamori. And I agree that it's screwed up how the others denied that Yukika wasn't his daughter. How dare they.

The worst (saddest) part about Yukika's existence is that they planned for her to be the ultimate "weapon" against Yaha. I'd like to think that Shindo and god forbid Saraka aren't terrible people that would only procreate for the sake of defeating an "enemy." Another good question brought up by other users is why would Yukika even care, if she hadn't been raised by her parents, and that she disappeared to who knows where after she took out Yaha. Perhaps the best way to explain this is that Yukika is of higher dimension and knows more things that we 4D creatures that just can't comprehend so she's willing to execute her biological parents' plan.

I wish I didn't just spend all this time typing just about the last few minutes of this series, but that's also what ultimately led to my dissatisfaction with this series, which I had otherwise been really excited to watch week after week. And I don't think people who share my opinion about the latter part of the series had wrong expectations either, no one can deny that for the majority of the series, it was more or less, peaceful, interesting, and arguably smart negotiation between Yaha and Shindo. But maybe I could've personally received the end of the series better if the series had a proper escalation.
tingyJul 4, 2017 10:29 PM
Jul 4, 2017 11:29 PM
Oct 2012
Ending was quite possibly the stupidest thing that I have ever seen in science fiction.
Jul 5, 2017 10:22 AM

Mar 2016
I see this final episode has received some mixed reviews but I thought it was a well crafted story with an ending that gave the viewers a finite ending while also providing the opportunity to interpret what the ending really means. The action was kept short and didn't get too crazy with the animation which is a good thing because action sequences in 3D CG usually don't go over too well. I liked the mental twists and turns and the philosophy of the right answer. Overall I would say this was a good anime and one of the best 3D CG animes I have seen so I will give it a 7/10 for a job well done.
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jul 5, 2017 6:20 PM
Sep 2014
SabrinaK said:
Yandere mode activated.

But the way this show was set up, Shindo and Saraka were pretty one-dimensional...

No pun intended =D
Jul 6, 2017 1:38 AM
Sep 2014
panzer101 said:
K4ppin said:

I saw the crane tip over, not so much the wam. Also, heard that weird breathy whisper. I almost feel like Saraka went off into her own anisotrophic space as she walked off, could be why we hear that whisper. Maybe she doesn't have all of her powers left, but she could still have retained a portion, she is after all still an anisotrophic being. Said she doesn't have "that" power, but that doesn't necessarily mean she lost all her powers.

why is it so hard to understand? sarada say, "that which goes beyond information.." meaning something that cant be fully comprehend. And the shot which the crane fall in a glass box literally spell it, that shindo exist in another form which humanity cant explain (soul).

The ending for shindo yukika remind me of Shinsekai yori, where
i can comprehend the ending, using maria plot and time and space. 9/10 for enjoyment and uniqueness f the show.

Oh boy I wouldn't compare this to Shinsekai Yori. That didn't even cross my mind. While that's true to a degree that particular plot point was actually established far before the end of the series and was not a deus ex machina. Won't say much more as that's a great series and wouldn't want to spoil it.
Jul 7, 2017 5:50 AM

Dec 2015
People who wanted a fighting shônen nekketsu must be disappointed. Though those who were here for the scifi intrigue probably are too.

Well, this character-focused evolution didn't serve the series well unless this was the true goal of the show.
A bubble-baby developed only to surprise the antagonist, coming out of nowhere then annihilating him? That went fast. Also, she had higher comprehension than any being before just because she was breed from a human who gained slight anisotropic comprehension and a woman who was an anisotropic being reduced to our dimensions? That's weirder than the rest of the show.

2/5 The worst part for me was the epilogue.

OVERALL:
Promising ideas and beginning centered on dialogues and a serious scifi intrigue with such a weird change of path past the middle point. In the end, the pointlessness of it surprised me.

Visually, it was fine with a few weird shots at times. Nothing terrible compared to usual 3DCGI TV shows.

Score: 6/10
Enjoyment: 2/5
6/10 It should have avoided to be so misleading about its intentions.
Rei_IIINov 6, 2020 4:59 PM
Jul 7, 2017 7:34 AM

Jun 2013
After Shindou and Tsukai kissed, I legit said in my head "he gonna smack that ass so hard that they create another god" as a joke, and I know that ain't gonna happen.

On this episode I saw the girl, and I think "maybe another being they asked for help" until she showed the video.. a higher being at that. This twist tho make me tilt like a fking slinky DEJA VUUUU
Not cliche final battle/10
Jul 8, 2017 4:05 AM

Jan 2017
I didnt feel satisfied with the ending at all, the series started pretty strong, it had some unnecessary moments like the forced romantic subplot, but i hoped that the finale could at least fix some of it.
it didnt.
it was rushed, the daughter came out of nowhere, hanamori didnt deserve what he got in the end.. i'm glad the series is wrapped up and that it doesn't have an ending open to interpretation but it wasn't a good way to do it.
i'd give it a 7.5/10 but i'm settling at 8/10 because it had some really strong moments
im gay
Jul 8, 2017 2:46 PM

Aug 2012
Kado was a really cool idea that having just seen The Arrival a month prior to when Kado began airing I was totally onboard with. I liked the show at first and I enjoyed the what if scenario it was going for and it's own tale about first contact. But towards the end it took a turn that I really didn't enjoy much. I understood the show had to end and it clearly wanted to do so with a bang but I think it's a shame that it didn't commit to the interesting vision of humanity after first contact that it felt like it had been building towards early on.

Its like Kado began asking questions but did little at having an attempt at answers, it didn't fully enjoy the sandbox it had created for itself and I think that is a real missed opportunity. Instead it told the same story by it's end that we've seen plenty of times before and unfortunately that just left it feeling pretty middle of the road. Kado is a show with some interesting ideas but the show lacked conviction and instead reverted to a pretty safe and somewhat basic on it's surface story conclusion.

For example I would have loved for them to explore the effect on the planet when energy is no longer a valuable resource and the effect on humanity and the way people live their lives now they no longer have to sleep which means peoples lives have effectively been extended by a third. Those ideas change Humanity and Society as we know it and to not even explore that was a massively missed opportunity.

The animation was a mixed bag with completely unnecessary 3D character models for only a few members of the cast, kinda baffling really.

I'm mixed on the experience as a whole but it had enough cool moments that made it a good watch.
BlaizeVJul 8, 2017 2:52 PM
Jul 8, 2017 5:11 PM

Nov 2008
To quote someone else:

"The right answer was making babies.
This whole show was Japanese propaganda trying to increase the country birthrate."

I'm disappointed with the conclusion. I don't know what to think about the series as a whole: episodes 0–1 were pure setup, episodes 2–8 were great, episodes 9–12 were a trainwreck downhill.

Kudos for decent 3D, but the story conclusion sucked major ass.
Jul 8, 2017 6:58 PM

Feb 2013
They had a kid! And how well behaved she was to stick to the plan after 16 years!
Did she save her daddy? They certainly didn't leave any clues.

I'm not sure if I want to give this anime 6 (above average) or 7 (good). I'm thinking 6/10 only because it was never really exciting. It was quite interesting though and I enjoyed it. Definitely worth watching.

Shindo, the man with the plan. I'd rather not think he only had a child with Saraka for the "plan".
Jul 8, 2017 9:45 PM
Aug 2014
You know what. Everything was going all good and fine. But then they had to pull romance out of this. I'm probably biased because I don't ship sayaka and Shindo, but they really didn't have to pull the relationship card here. Other than this, it was a great anime, I just hate the ship, that's all.
Jul 8, 2017 11:49 PM
Jan 2015
The only TV anime that tried this season, or for past several years.

And fujos/fudanshi autism.
Jul 9, 2017 4:29 AM

Jan 2011
if the daughter is stronger than zaShunina, could she just defeat him without letting Shindo die?

anyway, i think this show proves again it is very hard to fight the humans :)
Jul 10, 2017 11:41 PM

Feb 2013
This was a pretty good show. Nothing amazing, and there were times that I fucking hated the animation, but it was interesting.

7/10
Jul 11, 2017 9:20 AM
Nov 2012
Kado is a lot of things. It's great in many aspects but also horrible in others.

The story was intriguing for me and I especially loved the last arc. They handled the story well, it didn't feel too rush, there was a good element of surprise, and the finale actually felt like a Climax. This is rare.
This right here is what sets Kado apart from many other shows and bumped up my early 7 score for the show to a 9.

The art was horrible for most of the show, with occasional lapses of good art. These lapses are more like glimpses. They are very welcomed when they do show up, and they tend to show up when they need to, which is nice. The creator might've been running on a tight budget so they put effort into the important part and allowed the not-so-important parts to have blocky garbage animation. You will likely hate the first couple of episodes because of the art but it gets better, a lot better (probably as they were approved of more budget XD)
Jul 12, 2017 10:42 AM

Jan 2014
so in the end, it's not the right answer, lol

but I am amazed, to think that they enjoyed life of raising a children in a limited space, just to kill Yaha-Kui. I mean, even that Hanamori the one who raise their kid, they both still under go 9 month of pregnant in that space and time. pretty impressive I could say.
Jul 12, 2017 7:05 PM
Apr 2015
I thought the ending was terrible and rushed. why go through that charade with shindo sacrificing himself if his daughter could just show up, waive her hand and solve the problem? also it made no sense that zashuina was suddenly in a huge rush to bring humanity into the anisotropic and he had no logic for killing shindo. a lot of plot holes towards the end. too bad really it was a great concept.
Jul 14, 2017 6:36 AM
Oct 2016
jaisan said:
I thought the ending was terrible and rushed. why go through that charade with shindo sacrificing himself if his daughter could just show up, waive her hand and solve the problem? also it made no sense that zashuina was suddenly in a huge rush to bring humanity into the anisotropic and he had no logic for killing shindo. a lot of plot holes towards the end. too bad really it was a great concept.

That's because two creative camps clashed in the last ~3 or so episodes and "marketablility" won out. Apparently whoever had the most control over the purse strings started to get nervous and pressured the creators or whoever was in charge creatively to start "Wrapping it up with a bow" toward the end. Fir the first 3/4s of the series it's a really hard sci-fi that would give even the original Twilight Zone a run for its money. Further, it confronted a real scientific theory of "what if we are just in a large simulation?".

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/are-we-living-in-a-computer-simulation/

https://phys.org/news/2012-10-real-physicists-method-universe-simulation.html

http://www.newyorker.com/books/joshua-rothman/what-are-the-odds-we-are-living-in-a-computer-simulation

There are probably hundreds of articles that touch upon it and thousands of academic papers from all sorts of disciplines. If anyone has watched the relatively unpopular and since canceled "Star Gate Universe" this was also alluded to in that show.

Anyway, Kado is the only piece of media that I've seen that has explored the concept "correctly" to the extent that it did... until sort of the last 3 episodes where it trips over itself trying to scoop up as many anime tropes and cliches as quickly as possible. They were almost there - but financial control won out in the end. How do I know this was due to financial control moving the narrative? Episode 00 - No one who would devote an entire episode to essentially misdirection to tell a "hard sci fi" story would then "phone it in" the last 3 episodes. They do stick as much to the overall "big explosions don't solve or move the narrative forward" as they can - with the "trick" being the altered time pocket - but the daughter was out of left field, I don't see how Shindo could have gotten away to even make the "here's my baby" video - tons of plot holes that made no sense - even if you presume the chick was jumping in and out of the time pocket to accelerate the pregnancy while Shindo was having a cup of coffee in normal time, or whatever.

Way too much stuffed into a 1cm cubed box at the last second - I can fill in the blanks fine - it's just horribly out of character compared to the rest of the series and how meticulous it was in its writing and story structure. "Here, lets argue about the innacuracy of using "another dimension" instead of this undefinable word I used" for 1 minute. or "whole establishing sub-plot with mostly hand-animation about saving an old business by pushing technology forward and helping an old friend on the DL"

Inspite of all of that - it's like the movie Sunshine, You should watch it anyway, even if one part is totally out of character and would otherwise ruin the groove its got going on. It's amazingly smart writing covering something that if you had foreknowledge about ends up being a real treat.

While the show loses a lot with the whole "hybrid daughter power of love blah blah blah" resolution - even their raising of the daughter was clever and had it been a different format for the end could have worked really well. The killing of Shindo just for the sake of DRAMA! was dumb. A much better ending would have been for Shindo to ... stick with me here.... negotiate to go to the outside in exchange for preserving humanity's universe. Arbitration could have been under the daughter. Shindo "Sacrifices" himself so that story beat is still there - but it's not some weak ass "ah hah! you can't punch me" thing.

IT's not that they wrote themselves into a corner - that's a lie - it's that someone somewhere wanted DRAMA and LOVE and TROPE and CLICHE! at the last second because they didn't trust the audience to be smart. Oh well - still worth the watch in-spite of its middling score. What it does well it does better than almost all others (sci-fi writing.)
Jul 14, 2017 10:15 AM
Apr 2017
Wasn't that bad, but Shindo's dead was pointless, I mean if they had Yukika why not use her in the first place? Shindo didn't even need to go for his original plan and surprise Yaha himself, Yukika could have taken care of that. And I would like to think Yukika was conceived out of the love between SHindo and Saraka and not just as a tool to save the world. She was introduced JUST to serve as a plot twist, nothing more, she even dissapeared later, no real explanation whatsoever (she's too big for us to understand doens't quite cut it). A really good show with a rushed and incomplete ending, if not for this last episode I would rate a lot higher, but

8/10
DannyGMasterJul 14, 2017 10:20 AM
Jul 15, 2017 1:32 PM

Dec 2010
So that last part with Saraka walking off picture behind the curtain, you here sounds like shes using her powers again (maybe teleport?) even though she shouldn't have them anymore? maybe she went up a few dimensions and gained new powers?
Jul 16, 2017 10:04 PM

Dec 2016
Personally, I really liked the ending and don't get what all the hate is about, but whatever, opinions are opinions and it's kinda hard to change other's, so why try on something as unimportant as this XD
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jul 21, 2017 4:15 AM

Oct 2015
I enjoyed this series until episode 11 where it went from 8 to 4. This was very bad in my view and the writer needs to rethink his career.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 22, 2017 10:01 PM

Mar 2012

Trainwreck of the year?

First half was somewhat interesting, even if by then I felt the show was more like a moralistic story geared towards the younger demographic due to the lack of darker tones (for one, there's no real ill will), but boy, did the show go downwards after the twist.

Some shows end on cliffhangers; this show walked off the cliff by the end.
Jul 23, 2017 12:36 PM

Aug 2016
Although I didn't understood wat happend in the last episode, the other episodes were great and intresting. 8/10.
Nanika ga Okashii
Jul 24, 2017 6:30 AM

Feb 2014
can someone explain how a human impregnate an anisotropic being? I wonder how this show might turns out if yahakui manifested as a female instead..
Jul 24, 2017 6:20 PM

Jun 2013
When watching sci-fi anime I tend to prefer ones that give me "Independence day" vibes rather than the "Arrival" but I wanted to continue because I thought the anisotropic being wanted to start WW3 under the guise of human advancement. LOL

Anyway, what surprised me the most was the fact that Shindo who is a renowned negotiator went along with the whole ordeal full aware of what humanity is capable of especially when advanced through unnatural means. He didn't question the anisotropic's ulterior motive either until it was brought to his attention through Saraka's love for humanity.

The ending was confusing. I mean if Yukika is a half human and half anisotropic then how can she be of higher dimension than the true anisotropic who created humanity.

5/10
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2017

91 by nick_el_son »»
May 2, 2023 12:06 PM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2017

156 by koneroko »»
Dec 15, 2022 7:14 AM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2017

71 by koneroko »»
Dec 15, 2022 4:19 AM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2017

102 by HumbertoZero »»
Jul 29, 2022 5:03 PM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 12, 2017

91 by JaniSIr »»
Apr 21, 2022 3:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.