Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 12, 2017 2:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Sumire knows what she did was wrong....

Nice to see some fun battles this episode as the story returns to Boruto's school life. I 'm not surprised that the others welcomed her back to class with open arms. Probably a surprise to her.

Jul 12, 2017 2:55 AM

Dec 2016
Nep nep ! Not really interesting episode ^^'.. Compared to the previous episode is a bit slow..
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Jul 12, 2017 3:11 AM

Apr 2017
Oh God here we go again with another average episode. I did like this episode but it wasn't that good. I'm pretty much just waiting for Boruto to get good at this point.
Only in death are we all equal.
Jul 12, 2017 3:22 AM

Dec 2016
Yup , is like flashback episodes (useless eps) , hope next week will be better
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Jul 12, 2017 3:31 AM

Dec 2012
Nice chill episode.
Great to see Sumire back at the academy. Everyone is so welcoming.
YAY cool to see Sasuke again.

Visuals in the ED are nice. Interesting stuff to come.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 12, 2017 3:31 AM
Sep 2012
So they are holding off on Sarada joining the team, I guess it happened officially in the manga or the movie, so we are going to have to wait for that official moment, for now Metal Lee is the fill in. Though is sounded like Mitsuki wanted Sumire That would have been an interesting team.

So Sumire is not leaving, I am kind of surprised, so I guess down the line the post academy team is going to be Sumire, Denki, and Iwabi, they gave us 3 anime only characters for a reason. They might be an extra team when they adapt the movie.
blfanJul 12, 2017 4:50 AM
Jul 12, 2017 3:32 AM
Jan 2014
I really enjoyed this episode, had me on the edge of seat wondering if Sumire was going to come back to the academy or not. I say in the current class she's the second most skilled shinobi currently, though that'll change by the time we get to the movie arc.
Jul 12, 2017 3:33 AM

Dec 2014
Pretty much a concluding episode to the arc.

Glad to see Shino saying he'll take care of Sumire and to see the latter return to the Academy. :)
Still wish Sumire had kept her hair down.

The final parts of the episode were pretty interesting especially with some talk about some kind of space-time curvature. Are we going multi dimensional?

Sasuke!:D Why did Naruto want to apologize?

ED heavily hints at a Gaiden adaptation but the PV seems to show some kind of fillerish episode.
Jul 12, 2017 3:37 AM

Mar 2014
The thing I enjoyed most about this ep was the change in the ending. I wasn't to fond that the one from ep 14 just featured scenes from the ghost arc.The reason why I enjoy the ending in this episode is because it looks like they are finally going to animate the gaiden.
Jul 12, 2017 3:51 AM

Feb 2013
Sumire is back, and Sasuke appeared too.
Jul 12, 2017 4:18 AM

Apr 2012
Literally nothing happened in this episode... And as I see 100% boredom is waiting for us next week again. I can't wait to move on to the Uchiha arc. The new ending is soo good *-*
Jul 12, 2017 4:28 AM
Mar 2014
really interesting how we are moving closer to where the movie took place, also extremely interesting to think of the whole concept of kaguya being a god, coming from a clan of godlike people
Jul 12, 2017 4:35 AM

Sep 2016
Finally Sasuke is back. OMG Sasuke and Naruto said each other's names (again). Looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 12, 2017 5:00 AM

Oct 2013
Ah, I thought we were back at the real start of Boruto with this ending! but next episode is a backstory about Denki and Iwabe... xD
Jul 12, 2017 5:06 AM

Jan 2016
The first 19 minutes of this episode weren't anything spectacular. They were more or less what you would expect, Sumire returning to the Academy and everyone being happy; a heart-warming little epilogue to the Ghost Arc.

However, everything that came after that completely blew me away.

• We finally get to see Sasuke! And he tells Naruto to relay a message to Sakura, telling her he is sorry.
  • Then, we get Toneri and foreshadowing of Momoshiki and Kinshiki. I was not expecting any of this so soon, not at all. But I could not be happier!
  • And even the ending to this episode was amazing! To those not aware, this ending was actually foreshadowing/showing some events of the upcoming adaptation of the Sarada Gaiden, and the symbolism was on point! I will say though that it's kind of dumb to have a spoilery ending like that, but I guess that's Studio Pierrot for you.

I could not be happier. The last 5 minutes of this episode completely changed it for me.

5/5
Jul 12, 2017 5:09 AM

Jan 2016
Titadou said:
Ah, I thought we were back at the real start of Boruto with this ending! but next episode is a backstory about Denki and Iwabe... xD

The synopses for the episodes have been leaked and it seems like Sarada Gaiden will start with episode 19, meaning we still have about a month of waiting to do before that. So technically you could say the next three episode will be more or less "filler".
Jul 12, 2017 5:10 AM

Apr 2014
RisuSaya said:
Literally nothing happened in this episode... And as I see 100% boredom is waiting for us next week again. I can't wait to move on to the Uchiha arc. The new ending is soo good *-*

>Sumire subplot gets resolved and some implications of Shino possibly adopting her.
>The class had a team exercise where students had to form new three-man teams to test their compatibility.
>Gozu tenno connected to the Otsutsuki clan and one of Kaguya's hidden jutsu.
>Learn what Sasuke's been up to.
>Boruto's special dojutsu is called Jougan according to Toneri
>Momoshiki and Kinshiki conversation foreshadowing that there's a whole lot more of those guys.

Yeah literally nothing of importance whatsoever happened.
Jul 12, 2017 5:12 AM

Jan 2016
Well the first 18 minutes or so I was bored asf. But then Naruto and Sasuke appeared and everything got better. And at the end we see the otsuski and the villains from Naruto: Bortuto the movie. Guess that will be adapted after Naruto Gaiden is.

Seeing how much I enjoy Naruto and Sasuke moments made me realize that Naruto wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. Now we're crying for Naruto and Sasuke screen time while a year ago people everyone were hating on Naruto. Well that's explainable because of all the fillers and how Naruto wasn't as good as it used to be after the Pain arc.

But yea, looks like the next episode will be focused on Denki
Jul 12, 2017 5:51 AM

May 2017
Hawawa is alive

I want more of that Gothic girl

Gaiden adaptation is coming
Jul 12, 2017 5:56 AM
Aug 2016
so, sumire x boruto is currently on the waiting list huh? and i love that hawawa! i dont know how they connect this to gaiden and boruto the movie tho, hope it will be good. consider the manga itself is after boruto the movie with something added in after boruto defeat the main villain in the movie.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2017 6:01 AM

Jul 2017
THE only interesting for me is the last 5 minutes where Sasuke appeared and another villain from Otsutsuki clan from the movie . It seems Toneri mention "Jougan" . Could it be the dojutsu name that Boruto given by her ? Looks like the next ep seems to be more filler...UGHHH
Jul 12, 2017 6:06 AM

Nov 2011
I don't know what you guys expect, this is the same studio that make half of Naruto fillers. If we think of the manga as canon then everything we have seen was filler since it took place before the Chunin Exam while the manga continue after the movie.

They are probably gonna adapt the movie in the anime too like what Dragonball Super did.

Since they are not gonna let Naruto dies, they'll just take their sweet time.

Jul 12, 2017 6:08 AM
Jan 2014
We're so close to the Gaiden adaptation! Can't wait to eat this popcorn and watch the salt between all the OTPs pour all over again!

Seeing Momoshiki and Kinshiki has me worried that after Gaiden, the anime will pull off a Dragon Ball Super and readapt the movie tho.
Jul 12, 2017 6:21 AM
Feb 2017
Is anyone here forgetting about something? Yeah, Naruto manga epilogue aka chapter 700 anime adaptation. I still hope that the chapter will be adapted into Boruto anime whether it's on episode 16 or 17 cause the timeline of the chapter happened before Sarada gaiden...
Jul 12, 2017 6:29 AM

Jul 2016
Oh no, don't tell me we really are getting a movie recap arc!?

C'mon Studio Pierrot, you're better than that. Don't make the same dumbass mistakes Toei made.
Apr 2016
Nah tha last minute of the episode it was so great, and the ending theme they used the naruto gaiden story(spoiler)

Sep 2010
Might Guy pose returns!!!
Jul 12, 2017 6:36 AM

Oct 2013
hiddenhokage said:
Titadou said:

The synopses for the episodes have been leaked and it seems like Sarada Gaiden will start with episode 19, meaning we still have about a month of waiting to do before that. So technically you could say the next three episode will be more or less "filler".

19 ? Nice! one month left!
But that's long when we think about it... one month
Jul 12, 2017 6:44 AM
Nov 2010
so after this arc we will get Naruto gaiden arc after that chapter 700 of Naruto after that we will entering Boruto movie arc
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2017 6:46 AM

May 2014
oh so the Naruto and pierrot haters transferred to here after Naruto ended? Guess you can't get rid of trolls.

I literally LOVED how they handled this episode.. All the character interactions, Ino-shika-Cho chibi mode, the little fight scenes, the little details about Naruto not really knowing what Boruto did, and Hinata calling Himawari to help Boruto talk to Naruto, DAT SHINO DEVELOPMENT.
The last 5 minutes just solidified how solid this is, I got emotional with the Sumiere scene, and the forshadowing and NarutoxSasuke scenes were pure HYPE.
I am so satisfied with this first arc of the anime, bumping the score to 9 for now.
Hopefully the writers who did this stay with the anime, the amount of little foreshadowing here and there is awesome, and not to mention how they're tying all the Boruto scattered pieces of the manga movie and other manga together nicely (Not to mention forshadowing all of them in an "original" arc".

Z4k said:
RisuSaya said:

>Sumire subplot gets resolved and some implications of Shino possibly adopting her.
>The class had a team exercise where students had to form new three-man teams to test their compatibility.
>Gozu tenno connected to the Otsutsuki clan and one of Kaguya's hidden jutsu.
>Learn what Sasuke's been up to.
>Boruto's special dojutsu is called Jougan according to Toneri
>Momoshiki and Kinshiki conversation foreshadowing that there's a whole lot more of those guys.

Yeah literally nothing of importance whatsoever happened.

Also this.

Jul 12, 2017 6:47 AM

Sep 2013
3/5- A decent amount of action scenes. Sumire gets to stay at the academy. Sasuke returns for a moment while the Otsutsuki clan begin their preparations.

I thought it was nice that Sumire was allowed to go back to the academy. Though I would have done that differently. Unless the series plans on using Sumire more often in the upcoming arc, I'd prefer to keep her away longer than 3 weeks. That way her return will be genuinely more memorable and out of no where. If she's not gonna be used at all, I'd be annoyed that they missed this opportunity, especially since the next arc seems to be Naruto Gaiden.

The new ED song is really growing on me and the video that goes along with it is great. It told a pretty good story and it looks pretty good. Though next week looks like it will be a filler episode, seeing the ED just makes me happier they are getting closer to the Gaiden part. That arc is what made me a fan of Sarada.

Jul 12, 2017 6:48 AM
Apr 2011
Nice episode. Foreshadowing the interdimensional visitors from Kaguya's clan.
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Jul 12, 2017 7:06 AM
Apr 2017
Nice episode... Though, the pace was a bit slow... I love watching the students practice...and can't wait for the next episode "threat of failing"... but, the more exciting parts are coming! Those regarding Kaguya's clan...😀
Jul 12, 2017 7:31 AM

Oct 2015
I thought this episode was going to be completely slice of life, since we have just finished an arc, and we got some nice foreshadowing. I'm looking forward to the next arc.
Jul 12, 2017 7:54 AM

Jun 2015
Nice episode. Sumire is back to the academy. It's nice to see Sasuke again. The last couple minutes were foreshadowing Momoshiki and Kinshiki.
Jul 12, 2017 8:20 AM

Nov 2016
A great episode with an emotional moment :.........))) , Sumire came back to the Academy and everyone welcomed her with open arms and the moment where she looked at Boruto that was sooooo emotional for meee because Boruto's smile reminded me of Naruto :.............)) , It's a great thing that she came back I'm really happy about it and Naruto didn't let her down as he said <3 <3 <3 , And finally an appearance of Sasuke i mean like IT'S ABOUT TIME FFS <3 <3 <3 and with his best friend to add on that <3 <3 ... Anyways , A great episode i really liked and enjoyed it and for the new arc , Well let's just wait for it it's like after 5 episodes and those 5 episodes are going to be kinda average .. It's like the calm before the storm Soo yea I'm so damn hyped for the new arc my heart can't take it anymore xDD , And HOPEFULLY HOPEFULLY HOPEFULLY Ima be ready for more ( HOPEFULLY ) , Looking Forward !!!!
Jul 12, 2017 8:37 AM

Mar 2016
Finally this dam arc ended... 3.5 good episodes in 15 in my opinion!
I heard they will adap "The Seventh Hokage and the Scarlet Spring" which I hope it's good... After all, it's not an original arc and we all know that Perriot is terrible creating filler arcs!
Jul 12, 2017 9:17 AM

Jun 2014
Well it's not really surprising that Sumire ended up staying. Also, what Shikadai did to Metal during their training was fucked up but kind of hilarious lol.

The last 5 minutes was definitely the best part of the episode though. Seeing Naruto and Sasuke interact briefly was nice, and the foreshadowing at the end was pretty cool. I also liked the changes they made to the ED.

Lelouch0202 said:
ED heavily hints at a Gaiden adaptation but the PV seems to show some kind of fillerish episode.

If I'm not mistaken Naruto Gaiden will start on August 9. So yeah we should have a few more fillerish episodes.

hiddenhokage said:
And even the ending to this episode was amazing! To those not aware, this ending was actually foreshadowing/showing some events of the upcoming adaptation of the Sarada Gaiden, and the symbolism was on point! I will say though that it's kind of dumb to have a spoilery ending like that, but I guess that's Studio Pierrot for you.

I wouldn't necessarily call the ED changes spoilery. It's only spoilery if you know what to look for but i feel like anyone who hasn't read the source material won't understand the significance of the imagery used, and probably won't be able to piece everything together.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 12, 2017 9:52 AM

Jul 2008
superdutchman said:
Is anyone here forgetting about something? Yeah, Naruto manga epilogue aka chapter 700 anime adaptation. I still hope that the chapter will be adapted into Boruto anime whether it's on episode 16 or 17 cause the timeline of the chapter happened before Sarada gaiden...

michlayer said:
so after this arc we will get Naruto gaiden arc after that chapter 700 of Naruto after that we will entering Boruto movie arc

Officially confirmed that ch700 takes place several years before episode 1. Yeah, they did a slight retcon in the way that the kids weren't at the academy back then.
It could be animated as a flashback, but I doubt it. ch700 has absolutely nothing worth animating. It's entire purpose was to show who ended up with whom and who are the kids, both of which have been handled already.
Jul 12, 2017 10:46 AM

Sep 2013
Clan of of space-time dimensional rabbits like kaguya XD
Sumire is back.
Jul 12, 2017 11:01 AM

Feb 2012
Very nice wrap up to the previous arc, glad it all worked out well for Sumire and she's back with her classmates.

The new ending is awesome, but sooo full of spoilers, the ending alone pretty much tells the whole Sarada gaiden story.

Nice of them as well to be building up the movie recap, but the fighting in the movie was so good I'll just be disappointed when they animate it in an episodic form with really bad animation probably.

Since we got a while before Sarada gaiden debuts, I've heard that they plan to adapt Naruto's Hokage inauguration one shot chapter as well. This will probably be told in a flashback manner in total of 1 episode.

So much stuff to look forward to next, we're set for a while with Boruto's story with no new content.
Jul 12, 2017 11:25 AM

Jun 2009
Wrap-up episode. Not surprised that it was slow. I must say that it is satisfying to gloat at all those people celebrating Sumire's imminent transferal at the end of last episode. Not sure why the girl gets so much hate; generic background, sure, but who doesn't in Naruto/Boruto? :P
Jul 12, 2017 11:30 AM

Apr 2014
rioplats said:
Not sure why the girl gets so much hate; generic background, sure, but who doesn't in Naruto/Boruto? :P

Believe it or not, it's because most of the people see her as a threat to their Boruto x Sarada ship.
Jul 12, 2017 11:31 AM

Feb 2015
Z4k said:
rioplats said:
Not sure why the girl gets so much hate; generic background, sure, but who doesn't in Naruto/Boruto? :P

Believe it or not, it's because most of the people see her as a threat to their Boruto x Sarada ship.

Pretty much :P That would be dream come true. I want to see Boruto × Sarada × Mitsuki team get good.
Jul 12, 2017 11:35 AM

Jun 2009
Z4k said:

Already? Jeez. I guess these BoruSara shippers have been going at it since the Boruto movie, so I'm not surprised, but still that's a bit sad. Like NaruSaku all over again. But I do see the point about uniting the Indra and Ashura bloodlines.
Jul 12, 2017 11:56 AM

Jan 2008
Holy snaps that ending. The new visuals for Sarada's story. Even showed off her sharingan a little.

Love it. Despite it basically showing everything that'll happen, still hope they adapt it and not just giving us that. She needs more screentime.
Jul 12, 2017 12:01 PM

Feb 2015
Paul said:
Holy snaps that ending. The new visuals for Sarada's story. Even showed off her sharingan a little.

Love it. Despite it basically showing everything that'll happen, still hope they adapt it and not just giving us that. She needs more screentime.

She will get a lot of screen time, but maybe just later in the show, so other characters get their development when power difference isn't that great.
Jul 12, 2017 1:09 PM

Jan 2014
Ayyy new best girl Sumire is back~ Also god damn we got a lot of foreshadowing this episode. Nice to see the man Sasuke back tho. Lit.

And god damn the complete version of that ending is fucking amazing holy shit.

Jul 12, 2017 1:27 PM

Mar 2016
It was a laid back episode since the last one had a big battle ...

But, why all the thinking back to the event, it was last episode
Anyone else still Boruto is going to have some type of metal Kenkai Genkai since there a literal nut and screw of his name... is there a reason for it ... maybe it's just to say this story is "future"

What Was that ending tho ... I'm scared
Also fuck Sasuke
UrbanJahtsJul 12, 2017 1:57 PM
Jul 12, 2017 1:31 PM

Jun 2013
nice episode next ep feels like a filler
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 168 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2020

28 by Tony2Phones »»
Yesterday, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
Apr 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 156 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2020

42 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 17, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 112 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

33 by YouTsuki_nbm »»
Apr 9, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 65 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

42 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.