Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2017 2:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cool, it's that biker girl. Glad to see that she got more screen time and meets Yuusaku/Playmaker face to face.

Felt more like a buildup episode though considering the circumstances though.
Poor Blue Angel...still out cold.
Jul 5, 2017 4:06 AM
Jul 2015
I knew that the Blue Angel would be Ema in disguise trying to lure Playmaker.Did Not expect Akira to meet both Yusaku and Playmaker face to face.Good to see Ema getting more screentime and Akira taking some action.I didn't expect Akira to meet Revolver as well.I think Akira would admire or respect Yusaku since he was grateful to Yusaku but hates Playmaker for hurting Aoi.
Jul 5, 2017 4:26 AM
Apr 2017
A very Great episode, and the level of animation is very high also i like ema bessho and her VR form
Jul 5, 2017 4:48 AM
Sep 2012
Well I wonder how long till Akira finds out Yusaku is Playmaker. After the hospital time, only a mater of time till he puts two and two together.

So Ema is a super hacker, if she had goal beyond money, she could cause that damage, very OP.

So we have Yusaku vs Revolver already, this series is moving fast. And after Aoi is revived, I wonder how that will effect her character, as well as Yusaku and Akira's character.
Jul 5, 2017 5:57 AM

Nov 2011
Hmm, Ignis did detect Hanoi's presence in Ema, does that mean she secretly work for Hanoi too? She's probably the kind of character that will be playing on every side that is willing to pay or something.

Jul 5, 2017 6:08 AM

Jan 2013
dem the plot sure moves fast

usually we would have a filler tournament between oai falling in coma and yusaku facing revolver
Jul 5, 2017 6:09 AM

Sep 2016

oh come on how can you mistake that name???
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jul 5, 2017 6:20 AM

Dec 2014
Nice set up episode.

The name mistake in the subs made me laugh. xD

Looks like Aoi is in a coma because of a Hanoi Virus. Speaking of which someone remind me how Link VRAINS is connected to the physical body?

Zaizen sure decided to do a number on Yuusaku, at least he felt bad about it when he learned the truth.
Revolver vs Yuusaku is up next, this should be exciting.
Jul 5, 2017 6:45 AM

Mar 2012
This is one of the few instance on the whole franchise when I don't know how the outcome will be. The stake is too high for Yusaku to lose but beating Revolver on early stage like this is not an option either. Getting draw seems to be far-fetched too so my bet goes with the duel interrupted in the middle like always.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jul 5, 2017 7:04 AM

Feb 2013
He has to defeat Revolver now.
Akira really liked to torture poor Yuusaku, it was all for his sister though.
Jul 5, 2017 7:05 AM

Mar 2012
fullmetal-ghoul said:
Lelouch0202 said:
Speaking of which someone remind me how Link VRAINS is connected to the physical body?

My memory is vague, but I think it was said that if something bad happens to you in Vrains, it will lead to flashbacks irl which can cause mental damage. I don't know how much sense that makes but whatever.
Since I suck at explaining this is taken from TVTrope.

Taking too much damage in Link VRAINS will have adverse effect on a Duelist's physical brain that could potentially make them a brain-dead vegetable. An average duel might not cause that much damage, but falling off a D-Board in a Speed Duel could prove to be fatal.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jul 5, 2017 7:34 AM

Oct 2014
I'm really looking forward to the Playmaker vs. Revolver duel, although its blatantly obvious that it will end with no result. My only gripe is that they're apparently going to waste 4 episodes for it.
Jul 5, 2017 8:05 AM

Sep 2011
I'm pretty surprised how consistently plot focused vrains has been. I'm sure the filler will kick in eventually but its nice how focused on the important cast members it has been instead of getting sidetracked by literal whos.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 5, 2017 9:16 AM
Apr 2013
Did they come up with the title "Vrains" through a typo on the keyboard? V and b are right next to each other.
Jul 5, 2017 9:22 AM

Sep 2016
Deathsaurus said:
Did they come up with the title "Vrains" through a typo on the keyboard? V and b are right next to each other.
V is a cooler alphabet than ugly B
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jul 5, 2017 9:30 AM

Oct 2014
The title is 100% intentional. Vrains is an acronym and it stands for Virtual Reality Artificial Intelligence Network System.
RayofVictoryJul 5, 2017 9:36 AM
Jul 5, 2017 10:05 AM

Sep 2015
What are you guys even saying? Ema with hanoy? Ema work for Chess piece

Whole VRAINS turn into a trap just for Playmaker... thats really overkill
If your VRAINS's avatar got virus you re done for. hacker or whoever evil also can create a program to mind control all people on VRAINS and take over the world

Deathsaurus said:

There is no "V" on japanese just like there is no "X"
Into the Internet!
Jul 5, 2017 10:23 AM

Oct 2014
ZBlastHistory said:

Ema works for whoever pays her. So it isn't that far-fetched to think she may work for the knights in the future.
Jul 5, 2017 11:04 AM

Sep 2015
RayofVictory said:
ZBlastHistory said:

Ema works for whoever pays her. So it isn't that far-fetched to think she may work for the knights in the future.

I don't remember Ema said that
I know Ema's job more or less are selling info and hanoy can also buy it. but i think something like that will happen in 20 or 100 more episode
Into the Internet!
Jul 5, 2017 11:13 AM

Oct 2014
ZBlastHistory said:
RayofVictory said:

I know Ema's job more or less are selling info and hanoy can also buy it. but i think something like that will happen in 20 or 100 more episode

Ema never said that. It was said in a magazine scan. https://ygorganization.com/indianaema/
RayofVictoryJul 5, 2017 11:39 AM
Jul 5, 2017 12:21 PM
Jun 2011
RayofVictory said:
ZBlastHistory said:

Ema never said that. It was said in a magazine scan. https://ygorganization.com/indianaema/
by the way how do you know this upcoming dual is going to be 4 episodes?
Jul 5, 2017 12:36 PM

Oct 2014
elior1 said:

From the leaked previews. While there are no summaries for 11, 12 and 13 yet, the episode titles heavily implies that the duel continues until 12, with 13 being the aftermath. https://dueldeegao.wordpress.com/2017/07/05/ep-9-13-staff-and-titles/
RayofVictoryJul 5, 2017 12:42 PM
Jul 5, 2017 12:42 PM

May 2015
I like how Revolver showed up randomly in a god like way pretty good introduction desu. aside from that nice build up episode i geuss.
Jul 5, 2017 12:44 PM
Jun 2011
RayofVictory said:
elior1 said:

From the leaked previews. While there are no summaries for 11, 12 and 13 yet, the episode titles heavily implies that the duel continues until 12, with 13 being the aftermath. https://dueldeegao.wordpress.com/2017/07/05/ep-9-13-staff-and-titles/
with aoi and ignis in stake i not sure what the dual results will be since put aoi aside losing ignis here will be too early draw is far fetched results and wining the rival so early i dont think will happen
Jul 5, 2017 1:07 PM

Aug 2013
Not a bad setup episode.

Aoi is still in a coma because of Hanoi's Virus.

Playmaker vs Revolver should be fun.

Jul 5, 2017 2:05 PM

Sep 2013
People getting infected with computer viruses through the VR brain link :O that's next level stuff.
Aoi's bro hiring the ninja chick to capture yusaku with mass altering program and now revolver is here.
Jul 5, 2017 5:00 PM

Dec 2016
Aoi in a coma, reminds me a bit of 5D's when Aki was in one after her duel with Misty.

I am really liking all this dark stuff that is happening.

Awesome, Revolver VS Yusaku next time.
Jul 5, 2017 9:24 PM
Jul 2018
Why was Akira worried abt Yusaku and Aoi's relationship? XDD
Jul 6, 2017 12:04 AM

Aug 2015
Ridley-Laforet said:

Sounds like an overprotective brother to me.
Jul 6, 2017 12:34 AM
Jul 2018
Sparklefloof said:
Ridley-Laforet said:

Sounds like an overprotective brother to me.

Hopefully that overprotectiveness doesn't go overboard 😆
Jul 6, 2017 6:00 AM

Dec 2014
fullmetal-ghoul said:
Lelouch0202 said:
Speaking of which someone remind me how Link VRAINS is connected to the physical body?

My memory is vague, but I think it was said that if something bad happens to you in Vrains, it will lead to flashbacks irl which can cause mental damage. I don't know how much sense that makes but whatever.

NeoAnkara said:
Since I suck at explaining this is taken from TVTrope.

Taking too much damage in Link VRAINS will have adverse effect on a Duelist's physical brain that could potentially make them a brain-dead vegetable. An average duel might not cause that much damage, but falling off a D-Board in a Speed Duel could prove to be fatal.

Yeah, I figured it was probably something along these lines. Thanks, both of you. :)
Jul 7, 2017 5:45 PM
Jan 2014
So... Is noone gonna comment on how freaky Ignis looked as he was eating Hanoi's virus?
Jul 8, 2017 7:04 AM

Jul 2013
KaiserNazrin said:
Hmm, Ignis did detect Hanoi's presence in Ema, does that mean she secretly work for Hanoi too? She's probably the kind of character that will be playing on every side that is willing to pay or something.

The sub got that wrong. Ignis said "she doesn't have any traces of Hanoi", the exact opposite.
Jul 9, 2017 4:00 AM
Jul 2018
I thought it was an interesting episode! really touched into some dark elements, however i cant wait to see the next few episodes of the duel, as i feel we are leading to huge secrets being uncovered!
Nov 17, 2018 3:48 PM

May 2016
Well, that was rather strange for another build up episode right after had one in episode 6 like 2 freaking episodes ago!!!

Pacing is alot faster this time. Nice. Revolver dueling Playmaker next episode is gonna be a great fight.
May 22, 2019 1:20 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
I AM IMPRESSED !!!!!!

And for once, they were close to solving something without a duel XDDD squeeeeeeeeze it out of him lol

Hype for Playmaker and Revolver :D BOTH BADASS IN THEIR OWN RIGHT
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jun 23, 2019 10:44 PM

Dec 2012
Yusaku found Aoi.
She in the hospital.
Akira was worried that Yusaku would take Aoi from him.
Dat nurse.
Ema!
Reevaluate Akira's value.
Ema!
Ema booty.
Ema oppai.
Ema face.
Aoi is in a coma.
Blue Angel?
Oppai.
Into the VRAINS!
Ghost Girl.
Akira.
Lightning?
Revolver!
Akira must decide Aoi's fate.
Yusaku is free.
Dat ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 23, 2022 3:01 AM
May 2021
This is off to a pretty good start, ngl. Yusaku and Ai are a fun duo, poor Skye, Emma is a queen and I can't wait for Playmaker vs Varis

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 34 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2018

22 by CyanGear »»
Mar 10, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 32 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2017

27 by XanderBly »»
Feb 25, 3:16 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 120 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2019

48 by JVskunkape »»
Aug 27, 2023 5:38 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 82 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2018

13 by denana1239 »»
Jun 2, 2023 10:39 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 102 Discussion

Stark700 - May 15, 2019

10 by StarlingBGYT »»
Jan 16, 2023 10:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.