Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Love and Lies
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 4, 2017 2:18 PM
Jan 2016
that's why you keep your phone chaged over 60%.

P.S: is there gonna be a marriage partner for misaki in future(yes or no)
Jul 4, 2017 2:26 PM

Jun 2012
I really wanted to like this, but this just felt so...ugh.
I love the plot but this kind of relationship and dynamic between the two characters felt ever so unrealistic.
Initially she tells him that she doesn't remember him. He almost backs down, and then freaks out and tells her to meet him at 6:30pm after school. In my mind, she didn't know who he was and was probably creeped out, and so I wasn't surprised that she didn't turn up.

...except she did turn up, 4 hours late, having kept his rubber in her pocket for the past 5 years? And happens to like him too? Seriously?
I know there's going to be some explanation but at that point but this isn't for me and the visuals aren't helping much either.

Did she think he would still be waiting for her at 10:30 in the night? (Even though he was, admittedly). I mean...what? They literally haven't said a word to each other for 5 years...

The fact that he literally fell in love with her just from giving her half an eraser also makes this pretty shoddy - it's obviously just a schoolboy crush and feels really, really superficial. I can't see any reason to support it. He hasn't even gotten to know her before. He doesn't know anything about her (as far as I can see).

I guess the sudden romance here really didn't make any sense, it suggests that it won't last at all and so I feel less inclined to watch it. Sure, love's like that sometimes, but this is just ridiculous.
Jul 4, 2017 2:29 PM

Feb 2015
There's already more kissing in this than most romances.
Jul 4, 2017 2:33 PM

Mar 2015
This anime looks really promising, that ending was so touching!
Jul 4, 2017 2:51 PM
Aug 2015
Well I guess I should just read the damn manga, this didn't seem too bad.
Jul 4, 2017 2:57 PM
Jun 2011
ok i watched the episode and so far it not too bad for me
Jul 4, 2017 2:59 PM

Sep 2014
Was I supposed to think that Government system is bad?
Because I really don't.
Jul 4, 2017 3:21 PM
Aug 2016
I feel like this will be one of those stressful animes where the main character has to fight for the girl he loves. I don't like those kinds so hope I'm wrong.
Jul 4, 2017 3:25 PM

Nov 2013
the eyes are very pretty, wtf is everyone talking about lol

anyway i wasn't going to watch this anime cause i thought it would be depressing to see this, but i guess it might actually be nice

the confessing scene was pretty adorable but we all knew how the episode was going to end

actually, would anyone wait for like 5 hours after the promised time?...also the police just left and didn't catch them again?

i still hope for them to get together at the end
even if that would be 1 of those "1 in a million chances" that i criticized so much on re:creators, at least it wouldn't be as bad as the Mamika scene

then again i think i wouldn't mind an arranged marriage since that way i wouldn't need to find a girl myself LOL
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jul 4, 2017 3:28 PM
Aug 2015
First episode was okay, don't think it has anything going for it to make me think its better than average though. Maybe it'll get better?
Jul 4, 2017 3:36 PM
Jul 2018
What a weird MC. I mean I know Anime logic and all but damn keeping your eraser for 5 years for some crush? Damn, that's almost creepy.

And lol those goverment officials just happen to show up at the park. What are they stalking every kid that turns 16 years old?
Jul 4, 2017 3:50 PM

May 2015
Ok, gotta say that I loved the first episode, but I didn't expect an early kiss from the get-go though, lol. And a French one at that, lmao.

Might turn out to be something I really enjoy. Absolutely loved the OST, that's for sure. Reminded me of Kuzu no Honkai's.

Jul 4, 2017 4:55 PM

Jan 2014
interesting, so the Government decide who marry who if their citizen reach age of 16 because of the Low Birth Rates and they forbid their citizen to make their own love. sounds like a delicious NTR tag for me, slurp sluurp.

the eyes so big lul, well i will get use to it eventually.
wow, that kiss tho.
Misaki so cute, i like short hair girls it really refreshing to watch.
VonatraJul 4, 2017 4:59 PM
Jul 4, 2017 5:37 PM

Nov 2011
tragedydesu said:
this is too predictable how it will end
just another Nisekoi with different excuse to make the trash blonde girl win

1/10 , dropped

Add in the fact that Kana Hana is Misaki as well...I was thinking Toradora but yeah it's going to be just like Nisekoi. He'll end up falling in love with blonde and that will be it. If antyhign the broken sMs gives you hope...but come on let's face facts we know how this anime will end.

Im only interested in it now if Neji does something like rebel against the government...but it seems to be not that serious of an anime.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 4, 2017 6:24 PM

May 2009
I see there's already a huge split between opinions on this series.
I'd agree though.. So many flaws in this episode.. But I think it's not that bad. Though the huge eyes are a bit bothering me but I know I'd get used to it real quick. Yes, I'm going to stick with it for a few more episodes and I'll see from there. xD

“I despise common sense.
I’ve seen the world from every possible angle.
This cruel, ridiculous, beautiful world.”

- Lacie Baskerville

||||
Jul 4, 2017 6:56 PM

Oct 2008
okay...I find this show very interesting...like...Nisekoi 2.0?
5/5.

Jul 4, 2017 7:06 PM
Oct 2016
tragedydesu said:

1/10 , dropped

nisekoi -> romance comedy
koi to uso -> romance drama
please pay attention to the storyline before grouping something together. just because they have blonde girl, doesnt mean that it will become similar to nisekoi
Jul 4, 2017 9:15 PM

Jul 2015
Hmm, really liking that opening theme. I read a manga with a similar idea to this one time. Except it was ecchi, stupid, and the very first relationship was incest. Anyway, this seemed quite enjoyable though their faces bugged me a bit, but I'd say this was pretty good and it was sweet as heck and WOW THEY TOOK THAT RELATIONSHIP FAR IN THE FIRST EPISODE. I was happy watching this up until the end when the feels hit me like a bat to the face. I look forward to this series.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jul 4, 2017 9:24 PM

May 2017
Don't correct me if I am wrong (looking at you manga readers) but i just wanted to get this out there;
I think that Takasaki (purplish-black haired girl) is a part of something, like in cahoots with the government or somewhere along those lines. This is b/c:
1: She was hella late to their meeting point (10:00! Holy shit that's a long shit)
2: She "lied" (maybe) about remembering him (She might have forgot completely and somehow got reminded that from someone?)
3: Never explained why she was late and ran off abruptly after the two agents came in contact( I understand she might just be sad and couldn't bear the thought of her crush marrying someone else)

But hey, that aside it was a 9/10 episode
Soundtrack is legit af
Art-syle quirky but i'll get the hang of it

Most definitely one of the gems imo
Jul 4, 2017 10:22 PM

Nov 2016
i think nisaka sent him a phony government email where hes the one whose supposed to marry misaka. keep in mind this is my theory i havent read the manga. if this is somehow a spoiler i will let you know where to find me so you can kick my ass
Jul 4, 2017 10:32 PM

Oct 2013
tragedydesu said:
just another Nisekoi with different excuse to make the

1/10 , dropped

A couple things. First, please don't say it's predictable. You can call it predictable and criticize the anime after it actually happens. Second, please don't be spoiling other manga/anime. You're very lucky that I know about the end result for Nisekoi already; otherwise, I would be extremely disappointed. Please delete your comment or put a spoiler tag. Thanks a bunch man.
Jul 4, 2017 10:40 PM

Jul 2017
I really have high hopes for this anime. I hope it gets dark soon.
Jul 4, 2017 10:46 PM

Mar 2012
A romance series that didn't drag its feet with dense main and dumb harem plot? Ballsy confessions in the first episode with actual progression? Sign me up.
Jul 4, 2017 11:06 PM
Jun 2011
MagePhaira said:
I see there's already a huge split between opinions on this series.
I'd agree though.. So many flaws in this episode.. But I think it's not that bad. Though the huge eyes are a bit bothering me but I know I'd get used to it real quick. Yes, I'm going to stick with it for a few more episodes and I'll see from there. xD
i not suprise that anime have split opinion. just from this episode i feel many will have mix opinions on this show
Jul 4, 2017 11:09 PM

Jan 2016
That Eyes !!
That was a good first episode, i like the plot.
and that two Government officials lol.
Jul 5, 2017 12:36 AM
Dec 2016
What happened at the end. Is it the government hack Nejima document changing his companion or the SMS that being received by Nejima is fake?

Man the story is interesting to follow and i wan't to know what happened's next?
Jul 5, 2017 12:40 AM
Dec 2016
Y
Aturrittin said:
I feel like this will be one of those stressful animes where the main character has to fight for the girl he loves. I don't like those kinds so hope I'm wrong.
Yeah, let's just hope it not ended like Kuzu no Honkai
Jul 5, 2017 12:43 AM

May 2017
C O C K B L O C K E D

HA HA HA HA

can anyone spoil me about that glitch in his phone that changes the name?
Jul 5, 2017 12:47 AM

May 2017
RED_BARRET said:
Y
Aturrittin said:
Yeah, let's just hope it not ended like Kuzu no Honkai

Actually, Kuzu no Honkai's end is good besides the fact that the Yuri ship sank, Mugi x Hanabi ship is bound to sink coz it's overrated and shallow and forced
Jul 5, 2017 1:07 AM
Dec 2016
Anathor said:
So happy this got animated, would have preferred a better art style; but I'm not sure how popular the manga is in Japan. The sole fact it's not a short is good enough for me.

The moment his phone turned off at the same time the officials came..totally not planned.
Best girl already appeared too; we are off to a good start.

I think from that picture, she also doesn't like it to be paired by the government.lol
Jul 5, 2017 1:07 AM

Jun 2014
Ok, that was actually fucking great! There clearly is something suspicious going on with the notification. I knew this would be in good hands since it was being done by the Yamada Kun and the Seven Witches director. The OST was shockingly good. Beautiful art style, I enjoy what the director did.
:3
Jul 5, 2017 1:31 AM
Jul 2017
The best 1st ep i ever seen
Jul 5, 2017 4:49 AM

Aug 2016
a typical shit about blushing teenagers in puberty and boring lovey-dovey stuff. Nothing interesting so far.
Jul 5, 2017 5:11 AM
Jan 2017
At the first, I thinking that Koi to Uso was just like Kuzu no Honkai. (yeah,maybe because the art style of the anime was almost same). By the way, it almost just feel like that the scene was just the end of the story. I like the kissing scene though :). It was just too fast for a first episode. MY GOD.... I didn't know that Takasaki was voice covered by Kana Hanazawa. Damn... I'm a big fan of her actually. Overall, nice anime though....

I wasn't expecting that the first episode was almost same scene as Kuzu no Honkai.
Jul 5, 2017 5:13 AM
Jan 2017
RED_BARRET said:
Anathor said:
So happy this got animated, would have preferred a better art style; but I'm not sure how popular the manga is in Japan. The sole fact it's not a short is good enough for me.

The moment his phone turned off at the same time the officials came..totally not planned.
Best girl already appeared too; we are off to a good start.

I think from that picture, she also doesn't like it to be paired by the government.lol

Yeah there is a sign that she was a Tsundere.
Jul 5, 2017 5:51 AM
Aug 2016
Seems really good for my taste, love it
Jul 5, 2017 5:53 AM

Dec 2015
Misaki still best gurl
Sorry for my bad English

Humans see what they want to see
Jul 5, 2017 6:14 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm quite an interesting first episode. Interesting theme of using sponsored marriages to combat population decline though. Interesting law as well. Hmm so the marriage partners are matched according to genes eh but at least it seems to have stabilized the birth rate. Though i guess not everyone will be happy with this system. Nice opening theme as well. Lol quite a funny vow though. Population stability vs individual happiness eh. No one can all in love without being brave though and i admire Yukari's determination. Interesting how when he's nervous Yukari can create some interesting objects. Well at least she did arrive in the end though she almost ran out of time. Its nice that in the end Misaki did remember the rubber and what it meant though. Nice confession scene as well and it was really sweet and cute to see. Its cute how they both fell in love because of the eraser though. But too bad that was interrupted by the notice though. Hmm i guess that Yukari actually had another girl assigned to him then. I feel sorry for Misaki though hearing this news now though. Nice ending though and im glad that he managed to catch her. Things will be hard from now on though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2017 6:46 AM

May 2016
That was predictible but still i enjoyed that
Jul 5, 2017 7:04 AM
Oct 2016
Maybe Takasaki lied and cried because she already got her government notification. The way the phone crashed and how the people in suits found him was weird. Maybe there are conspirators. Though, they somehow knew Takasaki’s birthday, which makes me think Takasaki sent a fake notification. Also suggested by the way she reacted. Anyway, it was a good episode 7/10. The character’s emotions were well felt. The only part that I felt nothing in was when Nejima confessed in the park, which was meant to be embarrassing. Though, that meant just be because I am immune to cringe. I like how they mentioned the increase in average intelligence. It goes well with an anime that questions the system. For anyone who questions the implementation of the system, asian culture is different from westerner’s, so it is possible for such a system to become law.
grotesque_figureJul 5, 2017 7:16 AM
Jul 5, 2017 7:48 AM
May 2017
It's a nice concept, but it seems to me that the seriousness in the story is going to be a bad match with the art style. I wish it was less.. idk... shiny?

I like the story so far, though, and the OP was nice!
Jul 5, 2017 9:00 AM

May 2016
Is there a conspiracy or something?
Boy, I bet we're in for some roller coaster ride
Jul 5, 2017 9:26 AM

Dec 2012
tragedydesu said:

1/10 , dropped

No one cares about your dumb opinion

Jul 5, 2017 12:31 PM
Mar 2017
I really love the style of art in this anime... I wasn't sure if i should watch it or not, but I'm glad I decided this way.
Jul 5, 2017 12:35 PM

Jan 2016
I'm neutral on this anime at the moment. It can either turn out good or turn out bad from here. Of course, a lot of people are talking about how unrealistic this anime is (how his phone glitches, how a system would exist etc.) but come on, this is anime. Of course it's unrealistic, and it doesn't really bother me thus far.
I like how the MC likes burial mounds. It's completely random, I know, but unique to his character, making him less like the average MC. Some may call it a gimmick, but I like it.
Jul 5, 2017 1:59 PM
Mar 2015
I thought that the plot is kinda interesting but fuck the characters. They're so generic and dumb that I can't stand this.
Jul 5, 2017 2:12 PM
Mar 2015
Wasn't expecting such beginning, holy shit. Even the art with big eyes is not my favourite - I got used to it pretty fast, especially after seeing those beautiful tears.

Amazing start, I hope they'll keep it up and somehow get together, they looks like an amazing couple.
Jul 5, 2017 3:19 PM
Apr 2016
Finally! An anime where the male character has some balls and actually kisses the female character! Wasn't expecting that in the first episode. You'd be lucky to have that in the last episode, but dang! I'll definitely stick around to watch the rest, it seems interesting.

Jul 5, 2017 3:35 PM

Dec 2012
Who want this?? :3

Jul 5, 2017 4:25 PM
Mar 2017
I don't even know why but that introduction seemed fucking amazing to me!! It's just the sort of thing that I was looking for and although nothing too special, I absolutely adored that first episode.

It did not waste the first half a season establishing the scene. Instead it built everything up very quickly and effectively then dropped the cliffhanger ending on us like a fucking bomb! I can't wait for the next episode and I think that this could end up being anime of the season!!!
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What the is the concept of Koi to Uso (Spoilers)

Darth_InVader - Feb 23, 2019

10 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Apr 5, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Koi to Uso Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2017

90 by Giolbat »»
Mar 18, 6:57 PM

» Koi to uso -About Anime, Manga and my feelings for Sanada Ririna [and the fact that i think I've come to genuinely develop love feelings for her even though shes not real]

ScaryNightmare - Jul 14, 2023

5 by ScaryNightmare »»
Jul 16, 2023 9:53 AM

Poll: » Koi to Uso Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2017

171 by 1_Mikay_1 »»
Jun 26, 2023 5:47 AM

Poll: » Koi to Uso Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2017

314 by YatoIIYaboku »»
May 18, 2023 6:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.