Forum Settings
Forums

Studio Trigger Announces Original Anime Projects at Anime Expo [Update 7/6]

New
Jul 2, 2017 7:55 PM

Nov 2011

Three new original anime titles were revealed by Studio Trigger at its Anime Expo panel. The titles are as follows:

Darling in the Frankxx
Darling in the Frankxx will be an original sci-fi series with co-production by A-1 Pictures. More information regarding the anime's staff members will be revealed in Japan on July 5.

Gridman
Gridman is an original mecha series in collaboration with Tsuburaya Productions. The series will be directed by Akira Amemiya (Kill la Kill assistant director).

Promare
Promare is an original project with co-production by XFLAG. The project will be led by director Hiroyuki Imaishi and writer Kazuki Nakashima, both known for their previous work in Kill la Kill. It has also been mentioned by the staff that the anime will have a similar tone to Kill la Kill and Gurren Lagann. According to them, this anime project has been in production for four years.

Source: Official Twitter

Update July 6
The official website for Darling in the Frankxxx has launched and revealed the staff members of the series as well as a key visual.

Staff
Director: Atsushi Nishigori (Kimi no Na wa. opening key animation)
Assistant Director: Toshifumi Akai (Shelter director)
Series Composition: Atsushi Nishigori, Naotaka Hayashi (Plastic Memories script and original creator)
Character Design, Chief Animation Director, Action Supervisor: Masayoshi Tanaka (Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai.)
Mechanical Design: Shigeto Koyama (Hirune Hime: Shiranai Watashi no Monogatari)

Official site: http://darli-fra.jp/
Twitter: @DARLI_FRA

Teaser

Source: Moca News

Darling in the Frankxx, Gridman, & Promare on MAL
NaruleachJul 5, 2017 3:41 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 2, 2017 7:59 PM

Apr 2014
Excited for all the projects.

Darling in the Frankxx might have the most interesting premise.

Gridman might turn to be a bit meme from the director being inferno cop director

Promare is going to have the craziest visuals
Jul 2, 2017 7:59 PM

Dec 2012
Whens inferno cop tho

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Jul 2, 2017 8:01 PM
Jul 2016
Rumbles the drums, explosions and crazy things come around. Anxious! And while some Haters say nonsense, the score of previous shows belies their fallacy by showing the acceptance of the studio works.
ronie91Jul 2, 2017 8:42 PM
Jul 2, 2017 8:01 PM

Jul 2015
Let's see if one of them finally becomes the first Trigger anime I like.
Jul 2, 2017 8:03 PM
Jul 2018
For the three stuff announced:

1. The collab between Trigger and A-1 Pictures is quite interesting. Oh yeah, will see for the staff and look into this, but it seems pretty nice, more so on the collab's stance or end.

2. This looks like something I'll enjoy, since it seems like my cup of tea. Funny or ironically enough, I finished Inferno Cop today (it was alright to good). Will go and see on this.

3. The Promare one looks very good, especially with the staff members working here. And saying that it will probably look like Kill la Kill / Gurren Lagann makes me feel super excited since I like both of them.
Jul 2, 2017 8:03 PM

Jun 2015
I remember hearing Imaishi has had a project in the works for a while. Stoked for Promare.
Jul 2, 2017 8:04 PM
Dec 2015
moodie said:
Excited for all the projects.

Darling in the Frankxx might have the most interesting premise.

Gridman might turn to be a bit meme from the director being inferno cop director

Promare is going to have the craziest visuals

My thoughts exactly. ^^
Hi
Jul 2, 2017 8:09 PM

Jan 2009
Promare might be 2.5D/3DCG animation by the looks of its key visual but even if that is the case Imaishi can do some awesome 3DCG fight scenes looking at Black Rock Shooter TV that he is involve with too
Jul 2, 2017 8:13 PM

Jun 2014
Kill la Kill and Little Witch Academia are probably the only Trigger shows so far that I legitimately like, lets see if any of these will make that list. I'll be sure to really keep an eye on Promare, especially if it's tone is similar to TTGL's, which I love to death.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 2, 2017 8:18 PM

Nov 2015
Stark700 said:
Darling in the Frankxx will be an original sci-fi series with co-production by A-1 Pictures

A-1 is saving anime
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Jul 2, 2017 8:19 PM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
Well, 4 years in a project ... or is great or will fail badly.

Jul 2, 2017 8:22 PM

Apr 2014
PipeBoss said:
Well, 4 years in a project ... or is great or will fail badly.
4 years because Imaishi kept throwing the script away lmfao.
Jul 2, 2017 8:26 PM

Sep 2013
Co-producing everything is not a good sign, they seem desperate.
Jul 2, 2017 8:26 PM

Aug 2015
Ohhh boy! The visuals of Promare alone is already screaming of Imaishi. Hopefully that Gridman will be as good as Ninja Slayer. So excited of this Trigger shows!
Jul 2, 2017 8:33 PM

Aug 2016
All I need to see is "Studio Trigger" to get hyped. I think Promare interests me the most of the three, though Darling in the Frankxx could be great (especially with the A-1 Productions team-up).
Jul 2, 2017 8:40 PM

Aug 2015
Infatuate said:
Whens inferno cop tho

Not announced, thankfully.
Jul 2, 2017 8:45 PM
Jul 2018
It's always pleasure to see more original anime rather than making manga/LN promotion anime.
Jul 2, 2017 8:48 PM

Feb 2013
Drachen said:
All I need to see is "Studio Trigger" to get hyped. I think Promare interests me the most of the three, though Darling in the Frankxx could be great (especially with the A-1 Productions team-up).

Man, how can you like A-1 Pictures?

Watch this, please:

Anyway, I'm kinda hoping all projects would be awesome. I kinda trust in Trigger originals, so... Let's see what we'll get. XD

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 2, 2017 8:57 PM
Apr 2013
Tebaldi said:
Drachen said:

Watch this, please:

Anyway, I'm kinda hoping all projects would be awesome. I kinda trust in Trigger originals, so... Let's see what we'll get. XD

Just because a studio makes some bad shows doesn't mean much. A-1 also produced Shinsekai Yori which is highly rated and one of my favorite series. Also not everyone cares about watching something with an intricate plot.

Really wish people would form their own opinions about shows instead of just regurgitating digibro's.
Jul 2, 2017 9:01 PM

Nov 2015
xSlysoft said:
Tebaldi said:

Watch this, please:

Just because a studio makes some bad shows doesn't mean much. A-1 also produced Shinsekai Yori which is highly rated and one of my favorite series. Also not everyone cares about watching something with an intricate plot.

Really wish people would form their own opinions about shows instead of just regurgitating digibro's.

Digibro is a man that likes "cute girls doing cute things". Don't take advice from him.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Jul 2, 2017 9:41 PM

Jul 2011
ichii_1 said:

The XFLAG one probably doesn't mean much to the anime 'cause, as far as I know, that is only a mobile game company, so it's probably to make a cross media effort.

The Tsuburaya one is because is an anime based on a tokusatsu made by them, so the involvement makes sense and it can be really tangential.

Now the one with A-1 Pictures is the one who really is a co-production between two animation studios so we have to wait and see.
CzarJul 2, 2017 10:01 PM
Jul 2, 2017 9:50 PM

Apr 2017
I'm kinda hyped ngl... for all of em
イカロス --I K A R O S D E S U-- "Hai master" <3cruise

Becoming the bell of my heart
dont click here, baka -->> https://soundcloud.com/franciscan-guitar
Jul 2, 2017 10:03 PM

Feb 2013
xSlysoft said:
Tebaldi said:

Watch this, please:

Well, I just have seen through the easiest way to convey my message. It doesn't mean I don't have my own opinion. I really disagree with many things he says, but in this video he seems totally right to me. And oh yeah, I just think A-1 is an unreliable studio... You should check out who is in charge and prey for their mental state don't get too damaged by stress... I'll post other videos of other guys just for the sake of information.

But I admit that there's a lot more behind it, like that is told there:

mehmehperson said:
xSlysoft said:

Digibro is a man that likes "cute girls doing cute things". Don't take advice from him.

Hey, man, it's personal taste. How can you judge it? At least he can argue through that... And... Well... I guess everyone has that unlikeable tasting to others...

Jul 2, 2017 10:06 PM

Apr 2012
Tebaldi said:
xSlysoft said:

Well, I just have seen through the easiest way to convey my message. It doesn't mean I don't have my own opinion. I really disagree with many things he says, but in this video he seems totally right to me. And oh yeah, I just think A-1 is an unreliable studio... You should check out who is in charge and prey for their mental state don't get too damaged by stress... I'll post other videos of other guys just for the sake of information.

But I admit that there's a lot more behind it, like that is told there:

mehmehperson said:

Hey, man, it's personal taste. How can you judge it? At least he can argue through that... And... Well... I guess everyone has that unlikeable tasting to others...

I'm not saying he's not wrong about A-1, you were just making it seem like this show was guaranteed to be bad because it's colab with A-1.
Jul 2, 2017 10:23 PM

Apr 2014
ichii_1 said:
>not a good sign

Looks like they are adopting the same tactics from Gainax days. NGE was co-produced with Tatsunoko Production, EoE and FLCL with Production IG, Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou with JC Staff, early 2000s a couple work with SHAFT.

Stop making up things like co-producing = bad. Especially when 99% of the industry outsources anyways.
Jul 2, 2017 10:26 PM

Nov 2009
Would have been highly excited for Promare if this was 2010, but after the disappointing mixed bag that is Kill la Kill, I can't help but be highly skeptical of another Imaishi and Nakashima production. Hopefully, Gurren Lagann doesn't turn out to be their only great series.
Jul 2, 2017 10:37 PM

Jul 2007
Excited. Hopefully it will be better than the mess that was little witch academia and kiznaiver, tho. Still its bound to have unique and creative animation and designs and that is something anime industry really needs.
AhenshihaelJul 2, 2017 11:52 PM
Jul 2, 2017 11:10 PM

Dec 2015
So excited to see what Trigger will bring us next 😆😆
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 2, 2017 11:17 PM

Sep 2013
moodie said:
ichii_1 said:
>not a good sign

Looks like they are adopting the same tactics from Gainax days. NGE was co-produced with Tatsunoko Production, EoE and FLCL with Production IG, Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou with JC Staff, early 2000s a couple work with SHAFT.

Stop making up things like co-producing = bad. Especially when 99% of the industry outsources anyways.

Co-producing is not outsourcing.
It lowers their profit since they have to share with even more producers than the regular amount.
Trigger was shilling LWA hard too, practically begging people to support it if they want more.
Jul 2, 2017 11:21 PM

Mar 2012
3 new Trigger shows?

How did Trigger get a lot of money?
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Jul 2, 2017 11:51 PM

Nov 2011
The one from the list I'm most excited about is Promare. Seems like a potentially exciting show and considering they spent 4 years producing it, I do expect something of higher quality than the other two projects.

I'm hoping they reveal the PV for Darling in the Frankxx soon.
Stark700Jul 3, 2017 1:47 AM
Jul 3, 2017 12:12 AM

Dec 2015
Well it's Trigger ... let's see if they can make an above-average anime again. It's already been some time since the last one (Kill La Kill). Funny that no one said "Trigger saves anime" yet. :D (Maybe people realized that the studio is not that great.)

I might check out the shows. Depends on the plot to be expected. (Waiting for more infos and description in the future.) But I have very low expectations.

Heard Gridman was related to some Tonkusatsu show. So it might be targeted only at a special audience that likes that stuff. (I think such stuff is boring.)

The other 2 could get interesting. (A1 involved for the one and people that worked on Kill La Kill for the other.)
Jul 3, 2017 12:14 AM

Jan 2016
When Trigger announced they were going to reveal multiple projects at AX, I was hoping and praying for a new Imaishi x Nakashima joint since TTGL and KLK are both masterpieces imo... and here we are with Promare!

It's got a lot to live up to.
Jul 3, 2017 12:17 AM
Jul 2018
I love Trigger, this is extremely exciting news!! I adored LWA which just ended.

Most excited for Promare since I loved Gurren Lagann, Kill La Kill, Luluco.. Basically every show Imaishi directed.
Jul 3, 2017 12:30 AM

Jan 2015
Fuck this shit I'm so excited
Especially for Promare
Jul 3, 2017 1:35 AM

Dec 2015
It's nice. Reminds me of Gainax last days of glory...

The only part in the announcement that sounds bad is the "we're doing a new original project who'll be like X thing we did before". This sounds more like the kind of thing "desperate" people would say instead of trying something different from before. Imagine if Gainax had decided they should only make Eva-like shows after 1997.

edit: by the way, Gainax will also exploit a western convention to promote a new anime project (and seek investors). In a few weeks at Paris.
http://gainax.fr/page.php?id=546
Rei_IIIJul 3, 2017 2:16 AM
Jul 3, 2017 3:27 AM

Oct 2015
this is like the best birthday gift. my body is ready. trigger is about to save anime again TIMES THREE
"I came here to sniff Madoka panties and kick witch ass and I am all out 'doka panties" - Homora Akemi
Jul 3, 2017 3:30 AM

Oct 2015
ichii_1 said:
moodie said:
>not a good sign

It lowers their profit since they have to share with even more producers than the regular amount.
Trigger was shilling LWA hard too, practically begging people to support it if they want more.

"shilling" you sound like one of those edgy teens who can't understand how business works. sure, they should just make an anime every 10 years and starve to death so they can keep their "artistic integrity" in front of some self entitled millenial.
"I came here to sniff Madoka panties and kick witch ass and I am all out 'doka panties" - Homora Akemi
Jul 3, 2017 4:23 AM

Oct 2010
Mild excitement. I can't really expect anything great.
Jul 3, 2017 4:26 AM

Nov 2015
Im waiting for Darling in the Frankxx. Why don't we get a Trigger x Shaft coproduction? That's bound to be crazy :D

DodokoceJul 3, 2017 4:32 AM
Jul 3, 2017 6:23 AM

Mar 2015
i still waiting for more information... i rarely get satisfied with trigger... too exagrated to taken seriously for my taste... i like inferno cop and ninja slayer tho...

@Tebaldi
>criticizing A-1
>with their aniplex cheap LN adaptation collaboration
what do you expect? lOl
have you try some of this?
>shinsekai yori
>gin no saji
>space brother
>saint oniisan
>ookiku furikabute

and lot more...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jul 3, 2017 6:34 AM

Feb 2013
Kuma said:
i still waiting for more information... i rarely get satisfied with trigger... too exagrated to taken seriously for my taste... i like inferno cop and ninja slayer tho...

@Tebaldi
>criticizing A-1
>with their aniplex cheap LN adaptation collaboration
what do you expect? lOl
have you try some of this?
>shinsekai yori
>gin no saji
>space brother
>saint oniisan
>ookiku furikabute

and lot more...

And AnoHana, So ra Wo to, Tsuritama... It seems there are few "good titles" among the cheap ones, so I still can't live up my expectations...

But yeah, I need to watch these yet...

About Trigger, yeah, it's a matter of tastes, but I genuinely like and enjoy Trigger original works that follows their Gainax ex-staff steps... They show to the industry some inconvenient truth with passion and intensity. It's what I love most about them.

Jul 3, 2017 6:41 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Looking damm interesting here, I like Trigger projects and TTGL is my personal favorite anime, so nice to see the studio doing some original material.
Jul 3, 2017 6:51 AM
May 2016
they're really going into overdrive, it's pretty amazing
Jul 3, 2017 6:51 AM

Feb 2014
This is why I like Trigger. The only studio that has the balls to predominantly make original anime and not mooch off of other mediums.
Jul 3, 2017 7:24 AM

Jul 2016
TRIGGER back at it again with the the originals... God I love them for that. The third one seems most Interesting, staff included. Bring on the plot twists!!!
damn, the forums these days...
Jul 3, 2017 8:38 AM

Apr 2014
ichii_1 said:
moodie said:
>not a good sign

3 original anime and you only see co-production. Pathetic.
Jul 3, 2017 10:30 AM

Jun 2008
Not a fan of either sci-fi or mecha. Not sure if i'll watch..
Jul 3, 2017 4:36 PM
Dec 2011
Only looking forward to Promare for now.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by EcchiGodMamster »»
24 minutes ago

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - 2 hours ago

2 by EcchiGodMamster »»
37 minutes ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - 57 minutes ago

1 by EcchiGodMamster »»
38 minutes ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

26 by infanf »»
2 hours ago

» 'Isekai Shikkaku' Reveals Supporting Cast Pair

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by DARM11 »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.