Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »
Sep 11, 2013 3:35 PM

Jun 2012
That was pretty fucking awesome. Music, visuals, and action were all amazing. That yaoi scene tho.
Oct 24, 2013 6:09 PM

Apr 2012
What the heck is with the random naked girl dancing around. There is fanservice, and then there is fanservice that makes no sense. What is she a ghost, no one even reacted when she danced through the hallway? usually the way this goes is the mysterious girl at least meets up with the protagonist by the end of the first episode.
but they better explaine. Nothing against fanservice, in moderation, but I don't like thing inserted for no reason.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Oct 27, 2013 2:53 AM

Jan 2012
cheap filter + random robot + random naked cringeworthy catgirl + homo MC + zzz dialogue + wtf is this shit /10
Mar 5, 2014 12:13 AM

Mar 2012
Already loving the soundtrack so far. Art is also quality.
Mar 8, 2014 1:05 PM

Sep 2010
So far I like the red team/Homra the most. The blue team Scepter 4 seems kind of stereotypical.

Yashiro humming Beethoven(?) and beautiful animation. <3
Jul 19, 2014 12:27 PM

Aug 2013
I can't say anything about the story (just nothing special for now), but soundtrack is amazing! Art too.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 26, 2014 7:53 AM

May 2014
Very interesting. The art is just gorgeous! ^^
Sep 27, 2014 1:26 PM

Jun 2012
Really cool first episode, great animation and music,

Dec 11, 2014 10:42 AM

Nov 2013
Kinda confusing, but stunning visuals.
I really hope this won't be a Yaoi or Shounen Ai or I'm dropping this.
Jan 7, 2015 11:52 AM

Sep 2013
That artwork :'( so beautiful.
Jan 14, 2015 2:18 AM

Aug 2014
Beautiful art! Episode 1 seems like a good set up for the story. This looks like a promising series.
Feb 13, 2015 7:08 PM

Jun 2013
AMAZING! The ending was weird though, does Yashiro have split personality disorder or something? Interesting...
May 11, 2015 12:05 AM
Jun 2013
This anime sure is freaking pretty thats for sure. I hope they start explaining all these dang powers and how everyone seems rather calm when two giant swords appear out of the sky. I also feel in love with the talking garbage can. Saying die to trash is awesome. It also seems like we have a fan service source ala kitty lady.
May 16, 2015 10:04 PM

Feb 2015
Art and soundtrack are good. The skateboarding scene was really cool. I hope it adds some substance to the style soon.
Sep 2, 2015 7:53 AM

Aug 2013
Wow that was good start. I love the music and the look of the show.

That blush though... LOL
Oct 17, 2015 5:49 PM

May 2013
Rewatching this because of Season 2.

Visuals are quite stunning and animation flows so smoothly and OST just sings to me.
God, this is nostalgic!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Oct 26, 2015 2:50 PM

Feb 2015
Matheine said:
Mikoto resembles Spitfire and what's more they have the same Seiryuu

HOLY CATS WHAT. it's like k wasn't even trying with this guy.....

fararibmw said:

When i see shiro blushing after the guy hugged him I was a bit turned off....

would you prefer to be turned on instead? :p
----
(kind of) rewatching this show so i can be sure i understand for S2 this fall.

i've shown this show to my brothers and my friend, and all of them have responded with the same way.

JAW.
DROP.

i must have seen this episode around 3-4 times, up to a point when i became sick of it, but this still is amongst my list of best hype for intro episodes. i never knew such a list could exist until i saw this lol. psycho pass follows right behind and then guilty crown. that show is pure ew but can't deny that attractive 1st half of the episode.

but seriously. my brother likes anime but looks at it at arm's length (meaning he enjoys what it's about but hardly actually takes the time to look at it) but even HE was finishing it.

wow so people are asking for plot (even CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT) in the first episode lol what? THAT'S what's confusing for me lol.

i was blown away by the first ep and i haven't seen it in what, a couple months to a year now? so i still find some enjoyment in it. not only is this the best intro iv'e seen but the best episode. in no way did i expect to have any questions answered on the first episode so i shut my thinking part of my brain off as i always do with first eps.

yata (skateboard-bat guy) is the fan fave, apparently (or at least one of them), and so far stands as the fave character between myself, my two brothers, and my friend. that song with him being shown for the first time was perfect. the atmosphere, the character, everything. golden moment.

that OP/ED tho? BULLCRAP. the singer is terrible and the song is corny, and the visuals are half good. the ED is just boring all the way.

and yes, like the rest of you, my heart froze when i saw the blush, but here's an extremely light spoiler for all of the new viewers - that's all that ever happens. there isn't anything more than that, and let's hope S2 won't have any "accidental close to your face" scenes and crap like that.

the artworks, however....

------
too lazy to go to final episode forum so i'll just say here that the intro is 10/10, 5/5, 100/100 or whatever, but the overall anime is ok. i would recommend you look at the first episode then drop but who can drop after seeing this gloriousness? :P
Nov 22, 2015 8:55 AM

Jun 2015
I loved the art and I think it was the main topic of my interest in here. OP/ED I shall leave without comment, nothing that caught my attention there. Just art. @@ And story, yea, and art once more.
Dec 9, 2015 3:48 AM

Mar 2013
pretty amazing music and colour. shiro is hella cute and im going to continue on with this series.
Dec 20, 2015 6:09 AM

Jun 2015
Confusing but man does the animation looks good, the music is also on point.
:)
Jan 9, 2016 1:46 PM

Jun 2014
I think this is pretty awesome! Good exposition, even though we don't really know anything yet.

The most notable part for sure is the visuals, they're fantastic. The colors are amazing. And I loved the chase part.

I'm excited to see where this goes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2016 1:56 AM

Jun 2009
this seems like it could be an interesting series (it also seems like it could be utter dogshit). i'm not sure if i'm a fan of that...frankly, disgusting blur filter that they've put over everything. i wish shows would stop doing that.

today marks the first day and the first series of my 31 day anime challenge.
Jan 23, 2016 3:11 AM

Mar 2014
The fujoshi bait is 2 stronk

Not that it's a bad thing
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 31, 2016 2:29 PM

Feb 2015
So gay but I ship it.
May 7, 2016 12:58 PM

Jun 2015
This was very interesting. I don't have any background about K I'm exploring.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
May 24, 2016 8:14 PM

Jun 2015
That opening scene was amazing! The visuals looks pretty good and the world itself kind of interests me.
Aug 16, 2016 1:56 PM
Jun 2016
I'm still trying to wrap my head around why they decided to make the opening in English, other than Japanese like to pepper their speech in English from time to time.
Aug 28, 2016 10:55 AM

Apr 2013
First of all: great visuals. Everything is bit confusing so far and it started pretty slow imo, but let' see where this is heading.
Dec 4, 2016 10:30 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Interesting first episode, with a quality and style of draw beatuiful, although the plot is a little confused, i think because need develop more!!!

....7/10.
May 21, 2017 1:25 PM

Jul 2008
Bishounen slideshow is not my thing, but the visuals are some of the best for this time period so I might watch more just for that.

May 31, 2017 11:48 AM
Jun 2016
What did the gangsters at the begining of the episode (original Japanese) say? Anyone read Japanese?
Jul 2, 2017 3:54 PM
Jul 2018
I know I'm a little too late watching this.
Love the visuals, the art is so great and so eye candy and all... and I like the skateboard guy. XD
But please say, I can't be the only one who was distracted by the OSTs in the background? They just... didn't fit? ._."
The prota is a little bit annoying.
Jul 2, 2017 3:56 PM

Apr 2017
Maneki-Mew said:
Love the visuals, the art is so great and so eye candy and all... and I like the skateboard guy. XD
But please say, I can't be the only one who was distracted by the OSTs in the background? They just... didn't fit? ._."

I actually found them to be very nice though i cant say for sure if it matched or not but i enjoyed those parts

"Life and death have been in love,
For longer than we have words to describe,
Life sends countless gifts to death,
And death keeps them forever."

Jul 2, 2017 4:03 PM
Jul 2018
PunkHazard98 said:
Maneki-Mew said:

I actually found them to be very nice though i cant say for sure if it matched or not but i enjoyed those parts

Hm yeah they are very nice. It just felt: hu, that's a battle theme? Kinda distracting, but now at ep 6 I got used to the OSTs. XD
Jul 3, 2017 2:22 AM

Apr 2017
Maneki-Mew said:
PunkHazard98 said:

Hm yeah they are very nice. It just felt: hu, that's a battle theme? Kinda distracting, but now at ep 6 I got used to the OSTs. XD

Are you saying the ost need to be more battle like or that the a battle theme ost does not match ?

"Life and death have been in love,
For longer than we have words to describe,
Life sends countless gifts to death,
And death keeps them forever."

Jul 27, 2017 7:08 PM

Dec 2015
Waiting to see the full extent of the powers of the red clan and blue clan.

Shiro is so unassuming. That cat is cute as fuck.
Nov 9, 2017 10:12 AM

Oct 2009
Finally got round to watching this. I watched a useful summary of the entire plot so I understand the first ep better than when I first watched it back when it was first released.

The piano theme at the beginning is really amazing. It sounds hopeful at the same time sad. I like how Mikoto's name was written bigger than the other characters and his was added last so best character confirmed!
Visuals are really beautiful from the setting to the character designs. A lot of attractive characters.
I find the Scepter 4 a little underwhelming for law enforcers. Like Reisi had to have the entire team to be support him in order to summon his own Sword of Darmocles whereas Mikoto could summon his on his own.
Sakurai Takahiro's English is on point. His character is a Shizuo wannabe tho lol
Yashiro is one of those not-so-believable characters in anime who is on his own pace and displays strange antics - too strange to be considered as a normally functioning human being. In other words, I'm not bought by his character so far. I was expecting him to use the fireworks as a distraction but he didn't.
Love this ep! Can't wait for more!
Nov 21, 2017 5:32 PM
Nov 2017
Yosh... I'm looking forward for a very good series here for my friends recommended it. Dont fail me please.
Dec 28, 2017 9:07 PM

May 2016
The soundtrack of the series left me entertained since the first second
the opening reminds of Sengoku Basara a bit
Feb 15, 2018 4:52 PM

Jul 2013
I really enjoyed the first episode. The animation, the setting, and the soundtrack was beautiful. I love how they set it up. Now I am invested with what this show have in stores.
Mar 30, 2018 1:01 AM

Dec 2012
Dat awesome theme.
The loli wants to come with you.
Dat Engrish.
"Are you little brats from Homura?" LMAO
TSUDAKEN!!!!!
MIYUKI!!!!
Those Blues? Who is that girl with the nice oppai?
FUKUJUN!!!!
Dem flames.
SUGITAN!
"It's huge!" That's what she said.
Dat clash.
Who is this kid? What happened to the fight?
Blue haired girl is cute. Nice oppai.
The whole school is giving him food.
LMAO Is that girl naked?
No one can see her.
Pussy...cat?
"You're too kind" LMAO
StarPucks.
Shiro almost got hit.
Shiro was saved. Dat theme.
Shiro blushed?
OnoD!
Dat gunshot.
He looks like Shiro.
Shiro says it looks like its him.
LAWD! Dat ED theme. Dat pussy...cat body.

Holy shit! Amazing first episode from the 1st minute. Visuals and Music are amazing. Angela with another amazing song. LAWD! Dat ED theme. I've been waiting to watch K from the day it was announced (6 years ago). One look at it and I knew to wait for the BD's. I finally got to hear "Are you little brats from Homura?" after hearing it in the trailer all those years ago (I didn't remember it until I heard it) and it delivered. Looking forward to the next episode.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 4, 2018 11:47 AM

May 2016
So many fucking cool characters and such a beautiful city and design I just love it, but what was with that naked girl Yashiro and she was in the ED as well if I didn't mistook her for someone else.

It seems our MC brainwashed or forgot his vast or something in that area, I really love it I haven't watched anything like this before I hope it won't disappoint me. 5/5
Feb 17, 2019 2:09 PM

Mar 2012
reminded me a lot of durarara mixed with a bit of zetsuen no tempest (which i have to rewatch sometime...)? i got nothing from the plot yet but it's good looking, i'll give it that.

people complaining about how the MC blushed and saying this is catered for horny fujoshis really watched it? one guy blushes in the arms of another and wow, it's scandalous, but dude, we've got a literally naked catgirl???
Feb 21, 2019 11:38 PM
Aug 2018
I feel like I'm watching another kanda and allen (from d-gray man) in another AU lol
Mar 18, 2020 2:44 PM

Nov 2016
Dig the style, as for the rest, not much happened, so too early to make a proper judgement.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 22, 2020 10:15 PM

Jun 2013
Dude, the animation and cinematography is fantastic! Seems like it may be quite the ride.
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Jul 20, 2020 8:32 AM

Jul 2015
No clue what this series is about (some gang, super powers, guy wanting some lunch, nude catgirl) but the visuals look incredible. Kinda gives me Durarara vibes, pretty curious what this is going to be about since nothing really happened this first episode outside showing some characters

Sep 10, 2020 1:28 PM

Feb 2020
I'm not gonna complain about the beautiful visuals and pretty characters although I will ask, what the hell is going on?

I honestly don't follow so far and I hope it's less confusing as it progresses
Oct 30, 2020 6:49 PM
Jul 2018
That was cool the MC is cute :)
Dec 24, 2020 12:24 AM
Dec 2020
I see big bobbs in this anime!
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » K Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2012

396 by Karva1 »»
Feb 11, 4:13 PM

Poll: » K Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 20, 2012

118 by Karva1 »»
Feb 11, 4:05 PM

Poll: » K Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Dec 13, 2012

192 by Karva1 »»
Feb 11, 3:59 PM

Poll: » K Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Nov 29, 2012

138 by Karva1 »»
Feb 11, 3:44 PM

Poll: » K Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Nov 15, 2012

170 by Karva1 »»
Feb 11, 1:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.