Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 30, 2017 5:59 PM

Jan 2014
I really loved this end...

but how could they leave us hanging about Sensei x Roman!?
Jun 30, 2017 6:02 PM
Jun 2017
Oh my! What an ending!
10/10
Jun 30, 2017 6:09 PM

Jun 2010
Man, I'm sobbing.
I know I was against an "unrealistic" ending but... I take back what I said.
I'm a sucker for these type of stories and I'm glad it ended well.
8/10
Jun 30, 2017 6:39 PM

Jun 2017
The whole anime was beautiful right to the end.
</3
Jun 30, 2017 6:42 PM

Apr 2017
this is what a happy ending really is!
i cried the whole episode :^) so happy they maintained their relationship *cough* *cough* 5 cm per second *cough* *cough* lol i can't even recognize the grown up kotarou btw did akane leave her potato mascot?

i love this anime so much that i'll be late for school just to watch it plus it's kinda unique now cus it's slow paced! my fridays won't be the same anymore :^(

still life: pink roses
Jun 30, 2017 6:48 PM

Jan 2011
Damn i bet a lot of people like me thought it was gonna be hard to care for a romance between middle schoolers but boy was i wrong hit me in all the feelises ,this ending was perfect These two deserve a true ending i an't even mad i guess it an't all that crazy i know some people that to this day that are still together from like grade 9 of high school it's a rare thing but possible.

but it's a crime we never found out what happened with the mini stories like Sensei ,needs a OVA compiled of all them.

8/10 gem for the romance !
Jun 30, 2017 7:10 PM

Dec 2014
The wait for this episode was so worth it! I didn't pick this one up at the start of the season because the synopsis is beyond generic but after reading about how good it is over and over I gave it a go. I'm so glad I did because this show was amazing! It's been a while since I was this invested into a romance. Now I just need an After Story so I can have some more feels.

8/10
Jun 30, 2017 7:13 PM

Jan 2016
I've watched an anime since middle school and I have to say this one is the best romance anime that I ever watched.. Kind of remind me of those days in middle school ( and hope I have one too :( ) the ending even made me cry.. not because it's sad but.. I dunno I just want to..

Anyway.. I'm soo happy to see the happy ending.. 10/10 anime and for me, best anime of this season !!

sunako199 said:
i cried the whole episode :^) so happy they maintained their relationship *cough* *cough* 5 cm per second [b]*cough* *cough*

Lol I know that feels you can't even compare these two XD
RyouHayatoJun 30, 2017 7:16 PM
Jun 30, 2017 7:14 PM

Dec 2014
OMG I told myself I wouldn't cry but I couldn't helpt it, I cried along with Akane and cried even more with that ending, mostly with their family photo. This was the best anime of this season and that's for sure, also Tsuki ga Kirei has become my favorite shoujo!
I'm so happy with this ending, that was the best epilogue I've ever seen. I'll miss this series immensely :c
Jun 30, 2017 7:23 PM

Aug 2015
Wow. Studio Feel with great visuals as always.

Really enjoyable ending. I wished I had picked this show up since day one.
Jun 30, 2017 7:30 PM

May 2013
I loved this anime. This was probably my anime of the season. It was great seeing the chats from them in the ending credits. I wished all of that was adapted to a second season, but great nevertheless. Definitely a 10 out of 10 for me.
Jun 30, 2017 8:03 PM
Aug 2014
To the end the producers brought real life quirks into the anime with changing contact names and that one typo.

This is the only show I have given a score over 8 during this season, well deserved.

Jun 30, 2017 8:03 PM

Jan 2017
lol, what happened if they did not show the end credit scene? let on hanging part where azumi was shouting and akane was crying, from masterpiece to wtf real quick. I was really hoping for the kimi no iru machi drama XD

They really made the final episode of this series so great, kudos to staff members and Studio Feels
Jun 30, 2017 8:14 PM

Sep 2013
yeah, I cried. Don't judge me.
Jun 30, 2017 8:14 PM
Jan 2016
Loved the anime, but I wanted a more realistic ending, since boys and girls at that age cant deal with a distanced relationship. I guess every story need a good final xD
Jun 30, 2017 8:33 PM
May 2017
Love this anime, the story was beautiful and how there are so many details that tell you more about the series and make you enter more into the characters, fondle and know that is what they think without the need for unnecessary dialogues was brilliant. The end was very good although it is a pity that it was over was very emotional and I must admit that I came out some tears. I give it 10/10 if in case it would drop to a 9 for the animation but for me the background golems with that CGI was the least.
Darkabsol7Jun 30, 2017 8:36 PM
Jun 30, 2017 8:47 PM

May 2011
Phantasy_Starved said:
Been reading through the chatter on Japanese message boards... some interesting conversations taking place in between all the troll posts, haha (hey, it's the internet, what do we expect)

- A lot of comments on how that ending montage was done. Many enjoyed it, but some wished they had saved all that for a movie finale. Others felt that it was too easy of an outcome, and generally unrealistic considering how young they were when they were forced to part. One guy made a funny observation that it probably would have been better for Kotarou as a writer if his dreams had been smashed.

- I saw a couple comments announcing the start of "Chinatsu routes," let the fanfics and doujinshi commence.

- Also concerning the ending, there were opposing viewpoints on whether they needed that happy ending montage at all. This one guy insisted basically that the ending was fan-service and should have been left more ambiguous, so you could draw your own conclusion. Not everyone agreed, of course, and liked the way it was wrapped up. One person said that live-action dramas leave dangling endings all the time, he was fine with an anime having a conclusive ending (I've never seen live action Japanese dramas so I wouldn't know).

- Turns out that I wasn't the only one saying to myself at the river-crossing scene, "Why aren't you running after her, Kota?" haha

So yeah, I dunno, food for thought.

Thanks for sharing this. I do strongly agree with the first point. Not disagreeing that the montage was cute and all, but it might have been better if it has it on a movie. I do also feel that it's too easy of the outcome as well. After all, staying in the long distance relation is really the biggest challenge out of all obstacles they've encountered in this show, yet it has kinda being skimped on through the montage. Feels kinda disappointing to be honest.

The author kinda let Chinatsu and Kotarou to be in the same school just so she can confess and... that's all? I kinda was expecting more but I guess not haha. I feel that if the series was longer, she could really make the plot even more interesting to watch.

Personally I'm not a fan of new routes because it typically gives a character a bit of a different personality. But I think it'll still be fun to watch.

- Turns out that I wasn't the only one saying to myself at the river-crossing scene, "Why aren't you running after her, Kota?" haha

Guess I'm not the only one too haha.

PS: Don't get me wrong. I still like this show a lot, but the positive points are always already being emphasize by many, so just sharing some different opinions of mine. 2 cents worth~
Jun 30, 2017 8:59 PM
Feb 2017
About this episode.

This is a Sad Ending Ever!

Also the extended version of the Ending is very dramatic and i downloaded the OST And i listened on my PC, Smartphone and I listen 20 times a day. Including the instrumental version.

I hope you're watching this show.

Masterpiece this.
Yuzu4KJun 30, 2017 9:24 PM
Working on the future things.

Jun 30, 2017 9:26 PM

Feb 2009
man this was a really good anime from start to finish. really happy that they had such a lasting relationship!!! 7/10 for me!

Jun 30, 2017 9:43 PM
Jun 2016
Is not as i expected, i thought the last episode will be as usual, but... This anime deserve something that very nice, amazing, wonderful story. Simple, slow but worth.
The story, plot, and also the ending very nice, i just thought this anime will be like 5 centimeters per second but no!
Just one word for this anime.. Masterpiece.
For me it is 10/10
zawsze987Jun 30, 2017 9:46 PM
Jun 30, 2017 10:07 PM
Jun 2014
That was amazing.

Guys, we must get this to at least a 8.0 (its sitting at 7.98 at the time of this comment).
Jun 30, 2017 10:14 PM

Nov 2015
This was a hell of a romantic series. It's such a shame that this ride is over and we don't get to witness more of their life together. I know we had the pictures at the end but I would've loved to see more animated. Still loved it tho.

10/10
Jun 30, 2017 10:21 PM
Jul 2007
Solid romantic series. Love the bit how Chinatsu told Akane about his uploaded story, kinda feels like she saved the day (pretty sure they would have broken up if Akane didn't know about Kotarou's work).

8.5/10.
Jun 30, 2017 10:23 PM

Jun 2013
An94hero said:
That was amazing.

Guys, we must get this to at least a 8.0 (its sitting at 7.98 at the time of this comment).

Trust me, its at a 7.98 already and it has gotten over 300 more favorites in the last day! Itll get above an 8.0 easily :)
Jun 30, 2017 10:38 PM

Dec 2014
Kronox said:
Loved the anime, but I wanted a more realistic ending, since boys and girls at that age cant deal with a distanced relationship. I guess every story need a good final xD

Why can't teenagers at that age deal with a distanced relationship? I was a year younger than Kotarou when I had to move and my relationship was still quite solid, we could barely see each other, like once a month. Nowadays, 7 years later, we're still together, living together now, though. And well, honestly, Kotarou is way more mature than I was back then so I don't get why it is unrealistic.
Jun 30, 2017 10:41 PM
Mar 2017
sunako199 said:
i cried the whole episode :^) so happy they maintained their relationship *cough* *cough* 5 cm per second *cough* *cough* lol i can't even recognize the grown up kotarou btw did akane leave her potato mascot?

i love this anime so much that i'll be late for school just to watch it plus it's kinda unique now cus it's slow paced! my fridays won't be the same anymore :^(

No. If you watch when she's on the train headed to China, her potato is attached to her bag. Also, it shows up in the background behind the closeup of Akane and Kotarou's baby. (Look to the top left of the baby.)
Jun 30, 2017 10:43 PM

May 2016
I wonder, why can't we get more anime endings like this?

gosh, the feeeeeels
Jun 30, 2017 10:44 PM
Mar 2017
Sgonofe said:
Kronox said:

Why can't teenagers at that age deal with a distanced relationship? I was a year younger than Kotarou when I had to move and my relationship was still quite solid, we could barely see each other, like once a month. Nowadays, 7 years later, we're still together, living together now, though. And well, honestly, Kotarou is way more mature than I was back then so I don't get why it is unrealistic.

Having been in a failed LDR and witnessed other ones fail, I think the problem is that most teenagers have no idea what commitment really is or how much it takes to make a relationship work. That's what Kotarou and Akane come to understand: love takes work.
Jun 30, 2017 10:44 PM
Jul 2015
Best and most satisfying romance anime of all time....after watching SukaSuka which has the saddest ending......one has to watch this anime to calm and satisfy their mind from turbulence
Jun 30, 2017 10:47 PM

Mar 2017
I hadn't finished a romance anime with that degree of satisfaction in a long time. It bothered me a little bit how PERFECTLY everything rapped up. That's a small nitpick though.
Jun 30, 2017 10:51 PM
Apr 2016
Z4k said:
FredFriendly said:

Your comment reminds me of the wise old adage, "Never say never."

Although highly unlikely, it is not impossible that such a romance could last into adulthood and marriage. And if it's not impossible, why not create a story using that as a premise? The premise is a lot more possible than that of most other animes. As Disney knows full well, fairy tale romances with nigh-on-to impossible happy endings are what the general masses enjoy most.

I don't believe it could play out like how this show makes it out to be but even if by some small chance a romance like that even happened, it doesn't change my point that the staff plays it safe by using the montages instead of showing how their romance lasted till adulthood. We never see any of their daily struggles as they try to cope with long the distance relationship while living their lives which is why the ending feels like they're pandering.

I also don't quite agree with the second part. Romio and Juliet isn't well known for having a happy ending and neither is something like Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuioku-hen or heck Final Fantasy X. General masses can enjoy bittersweet endings too.

I agree with most of what you say. The happy ending somewhat disappointed me because of the reasons you said. Not sure why the other guy brought up Disney fairy tales or thinks Disney is aimed at general masses, last I checked Disney animations were aimed at children and families.

I agree general masses can enjoy bittersweet endings, Titanic is one big example. I can think of plenty of other examples not limited to anime or romance
Jun 30, 2017 10:53 PM

Apr 2017
RenaissanceOtaku said:
sunako199 said:

No. If you watch when she's on the train headed to China, her potato is attached to her bag. Also, it shows up in the background behind the closeup of Akane and Kotarou's baby. (Look to the top left of the baby.)
ah i see, it's chiba btw.

still life: pink roses
Jun 30, 2017 10:59 PM
Mar 2017
sunako199 said:
RenaissanceOtaku said:

ah i see, it's chiba btw.

Damn auto-correct.

Stupid me didn't bother to check.
Jun 30, 2017 11:06 PM

Jun 2017
The last episode was definitely one of my favorites.

I really loved that Kotarou didn't even come close to making it to the train. That cliche is done way too many times, so it was all too satisfying watching him fail instead.

Th ending montage was also great, considering this anime probably will never receive any kind of continuation.
Jun 30, 2017 11:16 PM
Jul 2015
should rewatch this !
Jun 30, 2017 11:18 PM

Mar 2013
This was an original Anime done right. I actually cried. I don't really get emotional either. Last time I cried like this, I watched Anohana. xD 10/10. I might even put it in my top 10.
Jun 30, 2017 11:35 PM
Apr 2016
SakurasouBusters said:
This is just bugging me a bit... people complain all the time about great romance anime having bummer and bad endings, and then a studio gives us a anime where its a complete happy ending and now its too unrealistic??
Long distance relationships can work even in middle school, its not extreemely likely, but Our MC'S are very mature for there age and if any couple could make it work, it is shown throughout the anime that the could make it work!

I seem to be in the minority, the happy ending montage actually bugged me. I've been in a failed long distance relationship myself, and I agree with you that it's highly unlikely but not impossible. I like happy endings as much as anyone else but what bugs me is that the studio basically skipped all the potential challenges, commitment, time and other factors and felt like they took the easy path with the happy ending. Have they somehow explored in much more details about how they overcame them, I could have accepted the happy ending.

No disrespect but I have to disagree with you that the MC's are mature for their age. They were very typical 14-15yr olds, if they were very mature, half the drama throughout the show could have been avoided or resolved more effectively. As they say 'love makes you blind' and the MCs couldn't think clearly using their heads instead of their hearts on some occassions.
Jun 30, 2017 11:39 PM

Nov 2012
AHHH THEY'RE GETTING MARRIED IN THE END?!

i don't even care that this is maybe an "unrealistic" ending, this is all i wanted lol
Jun 30, 2017 11:59 PM

Jun 2013
I definitely underestimated this anime. One of, if not the best romance animes ive seen. Wish they animated the end, but you cant have everything
Jul 1, 2017 12:56 AM
Jul 2018
Definitely anime of the season even though started as boring anime and i almost dropped this anime 2 times. 10/10.
I just wish there's scene about relationship of other partner.
Jul 1, 2017 12:58 AM

Feb 2017
I have mixed feelings about this ending. Part of me loves it for derailing itself from being another 5 Centimeters per Second with a happy ending, while the other part of me dislikes the unrealistic turn it took. I'm happy for Akane and Kotarou's strong will to remain loyal together, but I really wished we had a 2nd season to see the trials and tribulations they had to endure apart.

One thing still lingers in my mind... I wonder if Kotarou was able to pursue his dream in literature and if he found success.
ShadowBotoJul 1, 2017 1:07 AM
signature
Jul 1, 2017 12:59 AM

Feb 2014
LittleStar said:
OMG! YES! *.*
It happen! It happen!!!

bastek66 said:
Beautiful

Also, all LINE talks from ED were from their Akane and Koutarou's life.

LittleStar said:
I want Koutaro to pass the exam so much!
I want second in high school!
Maybe his parents will move when he pass exam?
If not second season, then I want see time skip were they are married with kids *.*

Most nostalogic show ever was and ever will be!
Damn I really need the shorts special now!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jul 1, 2017 1:51 AM

Sep 2015
sandykho47 said:
Definitely anime of the season even though started as boring anime and i almost dropped this anime 2 times. 10/10.
I just wish there's scene about relationship of other partner.

i wouldn't rate it a 10 but i feel pretty similar. at the beginning this anime annoyed me with all it's awkwardness and almost dropped it - fortunately i didn't

the ending was quite good, though i would have enjoyed a second season. well it's an anime original so it's not impossible if the sales are good or maybe we'll get an ova.

anyway 8/10
Nigami_ShinJul 1, 2017 1:56 AM

Jul 1, 2017 2:38 AM
Jul 2016
Farscape1 said:
So they got married, had a baby, yadayadayada... DID SENSEI EVER HOOK UP WITH ROMAN!?! God damn it don't leave me hanging like this.

EXACTLY!!!! why no shorts? why no roman and sensei? we need an ova with this romance
Jul 1, 2017 3:37 AM

Oct 2008
BRAVO!
Such a wonderful young innocent romance!
I was so happy and the future events on the ED visuals that their first love will be the only love that would last for each other!
5/5!
8.5/10 - if only there's 8.5 cuz I rarely give 9 for a romance show

Jul 1, 2017 3:51 AM

Aug 2008
A nice, simple, relate-able romance story, with a happy ending. Avoiding the bullshit and overdone story plot devices recently found in the genre, and the unneeded melodrama of a bad ending.

In hindsight, a very decent second cour could've been made, going into the long-distance high-school relationship, through university, up to young adulthood. Imma guess the makers considered it in the drafts at some point, but probably didn't have the funding to make it happen. It could've been nice! Oh well.

Anyway, good vibes and good shit. Liked this anime, definitely the best romance anime of the season.
Jul 1, 2017 4:07 AM
May 2017
OMG....great ending...finally Married...
Jul 1, 2017 4:28 AM
Aug 2016
i still dont understand why this anime not even touch the 8 points. ive rate it 10 though...

best 12 episodes journey of my life :D
Jul 1, 2017 6:20 AM

May 2017
Jakerams said:
I felt sorry for Chinatsu and that hug and rejection was a bit sad to watch. But anyways i'm really going to miss this series.

Tsuki ga kirei: NTR in highschool with chinatsu

Spin-off 2018 coming soon
Jul 1, 2017 6:35 AM

Mar 2015
Possibly one of the most satisfying conclusions to an anime that I have seen. It not only wrapped all the main story lines up, but gave us a conclusion to the young romance of our protagonists; they managed, despite all obstacles, to stay together and create their own family.
The sword that takes life gives life
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2017

228 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Mar 11, 11:58 AM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2017

199 by DanielHu3 »»
Dec 18, 2023 6:50 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2017

248 by _GLADIATOR »»
Nov 19, 2023 8:27 AM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

175 by AoiroBlueColor »»
Aug 14, 2023 10:54 AM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2017

178 by Sarthak7985 »»
Aug 10, 2023 9:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.