Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kemono Friends
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 7, 2017 1:26 PM

Oct 2013
Heartwarming and adorable. An 8/10 for me.

The character designs were fab, but that animation! The PPP dancing sequence was particularly awful, but overall I did not mind it.

May 9, 2017 1:16 PM

Sep 2013
Everyone comes together and they save kaban and beat the cerulean :'(
Kaban was the hat all along :O
Boss is now kaban's wristwatch, a thank you party and they make the buss into 2 boats for kaban and themselves.
tanoshii/10
May 15, 2017 5:48 AM

Nov 2014
Legit shed a tear when Boss tried to say its last goodbyes to Kaban and Serval..
Luckily, Mirai water-proofed the little fella (because its projection thingy was malfunctioning)

Kemono Friends has the ugliest animation from its season, but it ironically became the most comfy anime of winter 2017.
fun things are fun

May 20, 2017 7:06 AM

Nov 2012
Cute,enjoyable,glad I watched it in the end 7/10.
May 25, 2017 4:23 PM

Jun 2015
After the first episode of this show, there was no way I was going to like it. No way at all. And yet, at the end of episode 12, I've actually found that I enjoyed it the whole way through, didn't find myself spacing out at any point, and was fully engrossed in the mystery and the world surrounding the characters.

The writing, particularly the dialogue, is not top tier and borders on overly cliche sometimes, but what made KF fun for me is the great pacing in revealing the story and the fact that in every episode the characters are always doing/accomplishing something (not a lot of boring/vague exposition like 95% of anime adaptations). I feel like the show did have more to say beyond just being a cute, fun show, so ultimately it's that underlying depth that really made it for me. 7/10
Jun 3, 2017 10:11 PM

Dec 2012
Serval is awake.
Lucky talked to Serval.
What kind of rule is that? You make it look like Lucky is an asshole.
"Not only is it huge, but it;s hard, too." That's what Owl said.
Oh shit! All the Friends came! All my waifu Friends came! AAAAAAAAH! Dat OP song!
Hippo!
Emperor!
Jaguar!
Gray Wolf!
Lion! LMAO at Lion.
Silver Fox!
Dat Brown Bear finsher!
Kaban made that Paper Plane.
Kaban is back!
LUCKY!!!!!!!
Lucky is alive!
Jeez Serval.
Holy shit! A real animal.
Emperor so perfect.
Holy shit at that Kaban birth.
Holy shit at it falling.
Meow power.
WTF! Kaban's hands turned black throughout the episode.
Kaban is super human now.
Damn. Kaban just left and they walked away real quick.
LMAO at Serval and them following Kaban.
A new Friend has appeared.
Dat To be continued.

What an end to an amazing series. I had no interest in watching this when I was looking at what shows of the season to watch. Due to the power of fan art, I changed my mind and decided to watch. I committed a sin, but I corrected it. I'm so glad I did. I got to meet all my waifu Friends (mentioned above). I hope for another season KF in the future.

Lucky hitting Serval with the bus and everyone started laughing still gets me.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jun 11, 2017 2:50 AM

Jan 2015
It was epic when all the Friends came to rescue Kaban-cham

I'm 100% sure a second season will come out some day
Jun 11, 2017 2:22 PM

Aug 2008
This show went so under the radar at the start of the year. Not really because the art so much, but because it just seemed too kiddie for me, like something aimed at a younger audience.

Turns out I was an idiot. Of course, I noticed all the buzz about it, and decided to watch it last week. Glad I did!

The characters were cute and likeable, and the story pretty interesting and thought out. I also love the concept of an anime with educational undertones such as this one. Pretty nice all around!

Well, maybe another animated project (a second season of course) in these series, with the same quality of characters and plot, but with a more consistent animation quality, and we've got ourselves another winner :)
Jun 21, 2017 12:22 AM

Jan 2016
Fantastic episode! Heartwarming, action, good screentime for all the characters, character development, and a pretty satisfying conclusion (Though there were still mysteries) . It definitely ended up being a solid show.

Also I just wanna say holy shit Lion was particularly badass here.
mintkatJun 21, 2017 12:35 AM
Jun 21, 2017 4:25 AM

Aug 2014
Wow, they really came hard with those cliches/tropes in this episode. I'm so glad that they were all really nicely executed (these are the things I live for ^^). I was tearing up so hard that I barely could watch the whole episode in one go.

Easily the most charming thing I've witnessed. CGI and voice acting weren't the best, but they certainly added something to the whole experience. Everything else was really well done and it's pretty clear that alot love went into making this.

Such a memorable little show.

Jun 30, 2017 3:23 AM
Dec 2016
Rob said:
Serval is awake.
Lucky talked to Serval.
What kind of rule is that? You make it look like Lucky is an asshole.
"Not only is it huge, but it;s hard, too." That's what Owl said.
Oh shit! All the Friends came! All my waifu Friends came! AAAAAAAAH! Dat OP song!
Hippo!
Emperor!
Jaguar!
Gray Wolf!
Lion! LMAO at Lion.
Silver Fox!
Dat Brown Bear finsher!
Kaban made that Paper Plane.
Kaban is back!
LUCKY!!!!!!!
Lucky is alive!
Jeez Serval.
Holy shit! A real animal.
Emperor so perfect.
Holy shit at that Kaban birth.
Holy shit at it falling.
Meow power.
WTF! Kaban's hands turned black throughout the episode.
Kaban is super human now.
Damn. Kaban just left and they walked away real quick.
LMAO at Serval and them following Kaban.
A new Friend has appeared.
Dat To be continued.

What an end to an amazing series. I had no interest in watching this when I was looking at what shows of the season to watch. Due to the power of fan art, I changed my mind and decided to watch. I committed a sin, but I corrected it. I'm so glad I did. I got to meet all my waifu Friends (mentioned above). I hope for another season KF in the future.

Lucky hitting Serval with the bus and everyone started laughing still gets me.

They show a real animal in there, yeah, but that actually had total downer implications. The animal was shown at the site of the first battle with a large cerulean -- at the savanna gate, where they heard a scream right before the fight. Confirming that, yeah, a friend did indeed get eaten just before they arrived =(
Jun 30, 2017 3:50 AM

Dec 2012
pir0zhki said:
They show a real animal in there, yeah, but that actually had total downer implications. The animal was shown at the site of the first battle with a large cerulean -- at the savanna gate, where they heard a scream right before the fight. Confirming that, yeah, a friend did indeed get eaten just before they arrived =(

Oh, I know. lol ghgjhfjfjfjhj
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jun 30, 2017 3:44 PM

Jul 2015
Gggggghhhhhhh... This anime... This anime PISSES ME OFF. To think I would end up coming back here after dropping it like a rock half way through the first episode. I jumped ship before it sailed and watched it crash and burn on a small island far away from me... And then I looked back and saw the passengers of said ship having a pretty good time... Like, what the heck.

I had never regretted throwing caution to the wind and watching a completely random anime on Gogoanime as much as I did when I clicked on this. I hoped to never see this again, yet there were seemingly tons of people enjoying it... AND THEN IT HAD THE NERVE TO SHOW UP EVERYWHERE I WENT AFTERWARDS. Literaly everywhere in some shape or form.

*Sigh* The fact that I'm here obviously means I caved into the pressure and gave it a second go... and I liked it... thats a bit of an understatement because I plan to change my score to an 8... watched the entire series just now and came straight here afterwards... Don't judge a book by it's cover doesn't quite work here as you have to dig into the book itself to find the gems hidden within its crappy looking pages.

Also that animal that showed up at the end there... right in the feels.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jul 9, 2017 5:57 AM

Apr 2014
Damn it, if I wasn't spoiled at Tumblr I would give this a 9
oh well 7/10. Glad I choose to watched this anime before everyone else did
Jul 14, 2017 9:56 AM

Apr 2015
Lucky-san has finally broken his weird silence thing with the Friends for the sake of Kaban. That's nice.

Major Friend ass-kicking teamwork! Didn't see that coming.

Kaban didn't return to her "original form", since she was already a human...guess that clears up any doubt/theory that she could actually be some rare animal species.

There was a brief moment of panic over Lucky-san, but he's alright! Somehow...after Serval panicked and threw his chip back into the ocean. That deadpan moment was pretty great: "Serval. Please don't eat her." A.I. are so easily fooled.

Somehow I knew in the end that Serval and everyone else were going to wind up following Kaban for more adventures. Kaban would get lonely with only Lucky-san!

I don't know if I want a season 2...like, I just want a nice, satisfactory OVA/movie with a higher budget that explains more about humans and gives Kaban the ending she deserves.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Aug 21, 2017 4:35 PM

Oct 2012
I feel like I've been punked. I had dropped this, read rave reviews and then picked it back up. I think my rating went from a 5 to a 6. It's not terrible, it's fairly interesting but in the end it wasn't nearly as satisfying as I had hoped it would be. I was really hoping to have my mind blown with this last episode with brain-wiped characters or something or that sort.
Sep 17, 2017 11:00 AM
May 2014
This was some FNaF levels of hype. Wasn't nearly as interesting as people let me believe. What a jape. Memed on like Inferno Cop.
Jan 14, 2018 4:13 PM

Jun 2013
There are a lot of mysteries we still don't have the answer for, like why was Serval crying after seeing the other serval with Mirai-san in ep 10. I don't know if we'll ever get those answers anymore though, with the production staff/Kadokawa bloodbath.

Still, let this season be remembered for having excellent world-building, along with the adorable character designs, all created with a very limited budget. Better animation would have done wonders for it, but I loved the hell out of this show anyway. An adorable series with surprising depth.

Check out the episode 12.1 special (only 3 minutes). It answers who's driving the bus/boat at the end, and why one of the wheels is a different color (visible in ep for like 2 seconds).
https://youtu.be/cYqjDcKfZN0
May 7, 2018 11:38 AM
Apr 2014
DuoraDoll said:
Gggggghhhhhhh... This anime... This anime PISSES ME OFF. To think I would end up coming back here after dropping it like a rock half way through the first episode. I jumped ship before it sailed and watched it crash and burn on a small island far away from me... And then I looked back and saw the passengers of said ship having a pretty good time... Like, what the heck.

Thanks man, you made my night :D
Aug 30, 2018 2:19 PM

Sep 2011
LMAO I kinda expect the battery will run out at some point.

Anyway, it's a fun series and despite the ugly animation on episode 1, it's improving per episode. Still, goddammit I want season 2 now!

Oct 26, 2018 12:32 AM

Jan 2010
That fight scene with everyone coming together was dumb as hell and I loved every single moment of it.
Jan 10, 2019 1:37 AM

Aug 2018
What a fun series. So different from the usual series I watch. It was refreshing.
Jan 19, 2019 7:27 AM

Oct 2007
Nice, Serval cannot resist not following Kaban-chan into the ocean. And some other Friends seem to have come along. they have plenty of supplies anyway. ^^

And it's nice Serval and the others followed. Kaban would have been stuck in the ocean with that empty battery if they did not follow her.

Looking forward to season 2!

10/10
Jan 22, 2019 9:58 PM

Sep 2008
I originally dropped this after one ep when it first came out because the visuals were so bad. Then it seemed to get a buzz, then a cult following, then the whole Grape-kun thing happened.

Now it gets a 2nd season, (wow!) so I went back to see what I missed. Binged the first season over the weekend.

I'm glad I watched it, it's way better than I originally thought, but I can't give it more than 6/10. The CG is awful but maybe that's part of the attraction, like South Park - ?? The story is pretty repetitious, every week they go to a different area and meet new friends and have mild adventures. The ending was also pretty predictable. Still I enjoyed watching it, and I also started on S2.

At least now I don't feel like I am on the outside looking inside the Kemono Friends party.
Feb 1, 2019 3:05 PM

Nov 2013
Kemono Friends is probably the greatest case of going in with no expectations and being positively surprised of all time.

How the song started playing and all the friends appeared was simply hype. Great finale.

Kaban is on her way to search for humans and Serval is coming with her after all. Nice. An inseparable duo.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Apr 26, 2019 5:16 AM
Apr 2019
Producer Nobuyuki Hosotani of Television Tokyo Channel 12 wasn't punished.
Hosoya's name was still hidden by president's regular interview on April 25.
Residents of 5ch is believing that Television Tokyo Channel 12 tries to rub an event out.
May 17, 2019 11:46 AM
May 2019
I fucking cried at the end when it looked like Kaban was gonna leave the Serval..
May 28, 2019 10:09 PM

Jun 2008
This anime is truly an anomaly to me.

>The animation is so ridiculous and bad at certain times...and yet that adds to the charm.

>This is clearly meant for kids...and yet it was honestly so much fun to watch no matter how old you are.

>And yes, the finale is cliche as fuck....and yet, I was sooo happy they saved Kaban and that lucky “sacrificed” himself but wasn’t fully gone, and that Serval decides to follow Kaban for more adventures!

This anime was just so wholesome and fun and had an almost inexplicable charm to it that I ended up liking it WAY MORE than I could’ve ever imagined.

9/10
Dec 14, 2019 11:27 PM

May 2009
FrostWings said:
Legit shed a tear when Boss tried to say its last goodbyes to Kaban and Serval..
Luckily, Mirai water-proofed the little fella (because its projection thingy was malfunctioning)
Y'know I totally forgot about that waterproofing detail! That makes so much sense.

And I shed more tears than just that, haha

Also props on your Tap-chan avatar!
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Dec 22, 2019 2:19 PM
Jul 2018
It was really really good! I loved the ending, I thought that Kaban had just abandoned her friends, but her friends decided to come along too. It was an absolute masterpiece, and my words don't nearly give justice to it!
Mar 20, 2020 2:42 PM
Mar 2020
HeavensFall said:
I wonder why Racoon said Kaban saved her when she didn't know what she looked like nor how she even knew her name

Unless it was Mirai that saved her since she was in possession of her hat

Arai-san said that Kaban san saved her life because she learned that Kaban was responsible for building the bridge that Arai desperately needed back in episode 3?
Jun 17, 2021 12:36 PM

Jun 2019
My 83rd completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it an 8/10 rating.

Oct 31, 2021 5:59 AM

Feb 2020
A happy ending. :)

That was a great teamwork. Everyone fought hard to save Kaban. And Boss sacrificed himself for everyone else. Fortunately, he didn't die after all. It's kinda funny that he became a wristwatch.

That hug. <3

I'm glad everyone decided to go back for Kaban. I felt sad when she left alone, but fortunately her Friends followed her.

Overall, this was one of the best adventure anime I have ever seen. The world-building was so good and all those meetings with the new Friends were always so endearing and exciting.

Yes, the animation could have been better, but it also has its own charm.

SerafosDec 24, 2023 11:04 AM
Jan 26, 2022 1:48 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This is the third time I finish watching it and it's still so emotional at the end
May 21, 2022 5:35 AM
Jun 2016
The OP's such an upbeat song for an epic finale battle, lol. But I guess it works as a victorious theme, at least.

Such a nice ending to a nice anime. Sucks that its 2nd season is apparently not as good from what I've heard.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kemono Friends Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aversa - Jan 10, 2017

82 by BlueCrowned »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:14 PM

Poll: » Kemono Friends Episode 3 Discussion

Aversa - Jan 24, 2017

39 by HatsuneYugi39 »»
Jul 24, 2022 3:16 PM

» Terrible first episode?

ShadowMonkey - Aug 23, 2018

3 by WatchTillTandava »»
May 12, 2022 1:04 AM

Poll: » Kemono Friends Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Smudy - Mar 21, 2017

80 by ouenji-juusu »»
Feb 22, 2022 12:46 PM

Poll: » Kemono Friends Episode 6 Discussion

Aversa - Feb 14, 2017

35 by ouenji-juusu »»
Feb 22, 2022 6:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.