Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2012 10:59 AM
Sep 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
WTF really scary. i dont like this at all. but,,,, i am gonna look episode 2
Sep 11, 2012 5:26 AM

Jul 2011
It was an interesting start, but I was expecting a little more of violence and suspense though.
May 21, 2013 2:51 PM

May 2012
The moment when those babies came out of her belly then I knew this shit was fucked up O_O' really fucked up as well in the ending, well I kinda like it :D

Lets see what's next!
May 19, 2014 7:37 AM

Jun 2011
That was interesting. Great lesson.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 4, 2014 12:46 AM

Jan 2014
ToG25thBaam said:
That was interesting. Great lesson.
I agree. Horror in tranquility. Just as I like it :3
Jun 12, 2014 7:45 PM

Aug 2010
I really liked how this story went. Too much love can be a bad thing. The whole rabbit babies coming out of the womb is kind of scary though and if I ever saw that, I already know that I would be out of there in 5 seconds flat.
Aug 1, 2014 7:52 PM

Jun 2014
This show smells like... Gremlins.
Oct 6, 2014 6:10 PM

Apr 2012
that was a really harsh lesson! As if their daughter dying wasn't enough.

wee-erd

(and ok that mass poisoning is a massive stretch of scientific plausibility)

kinda liked it though. The detective looks like an 80s action hero!
Jul 7, 2015 10:12 AM

Feb 2015
I think I went in with my expectations too high. I had loved the manga and the anime is starting out pretty well but the manga was definitely better. Still decent and worth watching, though.
Nov 22, 2015 7:29 PM

Jul 2015
tbh i love it and the creepiness
Nov 23, 2015 12:54 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Definitely had some disturbing scenes that I was not expecting. Interesting.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 3, 2015 5:38 PM

Jan 2012
That's a lot of rabbits.

Dec 23, 2015 2:33 AM

Mar 2008
A bit of a preachy moral there, but not a poor first episode.

Let's see how deep the rabbit hole goes.
Jan 1, 2016 9:23 PM
Jun 2013
hu so the daughter was a crazed drug user. never knew rabbits could be so creeppy and the lesson here is dont spoil your kids and what way to learn it. Though I wonder if she saw them still as babies.
Apr 16, 2017 5:34 AM

May 2016
Mama, you baka -_- The father tried to follow the contract but he was the one who ended up dead. At least she fulfilled Alice's last wishes twice :P

The detective looks like Ryo Saeba wearing a blonde mullet lol I'd like to see more weird animals~

Jun 29, 2017 7:02 AM

Jun 2017
Ok,at first i thought the seller hypnotized the family into seeing the rabbit as their child. however,the detective saw the children too. was he hypnotized too?and when?

also,how can a rabbit create 1000 rabbits and at the same time be a rare species lol? it would have taken over the world by now XD

not to mention how the detective acted like a huge asshole in the beginning even though he had no evidence whatsoever.

the atmosphere and moral were great,but i really disliked that we didnt get to understand how stuff was done,and there were some plotholes too.
Sep 30, 2017 5:23 AM

Jul 2009
Very interesting!
People really like to break rules, they could have kept her rabbit daughter alike for years...
Oct 7, 2017 7:12 AM
Oct 2017
Remember kids... not even once.

7/10
Dec 23, 2017 11:46 AM
Nov 2015
FFTHEWINNER said:
Ok,at first i thought the seller hypnotized the family into seeing the rabbit as their child. however,the detective saw the children too. was he hypnotized too?and when?

also,how can a rabbit create 1000 rabbits and at the same time be a rare species lol? it would have taken over the world by now XD

not to mention how the detective acted like a huge asshole in the beginning even though he had no evidence whatsoever.

the atmosphere and moral were great,but i really disliked that we didnt get to understand how stuff was done,and there were some plotholes too.
dude it is anime not some science documentary :D
Dec 23, 2017 1:30 PM

Jun 2017
eridanas21 said:
FFTHEWINNER said:

so?it being anime doesnt mean that its plotholes shouldnt be pointed out and discussed,especially when it is a mystery anime.
Dec 23, 2017 4:30 PM
Nov 2015
FFTHEWINNER said:
eridanas21 said:

so?it being anime doesnt mean that its plotholes shouldnt be pointed out and discussed,especially when it is a mystery anime.
ok so you complayn about how can rabbit can creat so many and so fast other rabits. but dude how can rabit become a girl then why you not asking ? its same bulshit no ? but this is anime and supernatural one so dont complayn about such things . its same if you complayn in anime about ghosts ( wtf they showing here, ghosts not exist) ...XD
Dec 23, 2017 4:40 PM
Nov 2015
and btw the police guy did not knew how long familly had taht rabit so mister pet shop owner ( forgot his name ) specialy told some bulshit about breeding to police guy because first : he cant say its super natural. and second: for police guy it makes sense but not for us the wiewers because we know what really happened
striperrelaDec 23, 2017 4:46 PM
Dec 23, 2017 5:57 PM

Jun 2017
eridanas21 said:
FFTHEWINNER said:

ok so you complayn about how can rabbit can creat so many and so fast other rabits. but dude how can rabit become a girl then why you not asking ? its same bulshit no ? but this is anime and supernatural one so dont complayn about such things . its same if you complayn in anime about ghosts ( wtf they showing here, ghosts not exist) ...XD

who said it became a girl?i fully think the seller hypnotized the family into thinking the rabbit was a girl,just like he does to all other victims in the three other episodes. the plothole in that part was when did he hypnotize the detective.

as for your ghost argument,if ghosts are part of the anime's world then that isnt an issue,but if their mere existance creates a plot hole then it is an issue. the issue isnt the existance of something,the issue is if it creates a plothole.

either way,the other episodes are much better,and i enjoyed the series as a whole so much that i rated it a 10 for enjoyment. So it isnt like i dislike it. far from it. but liking it doesnt mean i shouldnt point out its plotholes.
Dec 23, 2017 6:44 PM
Nov 2015
FFTHEWINNER said:
eridanas21 said:

who said it became a girl?i fully think the seller hypnotized the family into thinking the rabbit was a girl,just like he does to all other victims in the three other episodes. the plothole in that part was when did he hypnotize the detective.

as for your ghost argument,if ghosts are part of the anime's world then that isnt an issue,but if their mere existance creates a plot hole then it is an issue. the issue isnt the existance of something,the issue is if it creates a plothole.

either way,the other episodes are much better,and i enjoyed the series as a whole so much that i rated it a 10 for enjoyment. So it isnt like i dislike it. far from it. but liking it doesnt mean i shouldnt point out its plotholes.
so if victims and detective was hipnotized it means tehy saw what pet shop owner want them to see and fast breeding rabits here is no the issue at all and dont need proper explenation how fast they can breed or cant if it is hipnozis thye still believe evry shit they needed to believe
Dec 23, 2017 6:51 PM
Nov 2015
and you know no need evry time fro evry small shit to have explanation i dont know how about you bu i personaly love when plot leave some things to wiewers imagination . who knows maybe when they was drinking tea or he have some psichic power or some other shit we dont know for sure but we can gues no ?:D
striperrelaDec 23, 2017 6:56 PM
Dec 23, 2017 7:05 PM
Nov 2015
so in conclusion i dont mind plot holes if they are not major ones where ruining all story in general
Feb 27, 2018 11:15 PM

Jan 2010
This reminds me of the better parts of Hell Girl, but with a greater emphasis on karmic retribution via deals with a devil-like entity. Holy crap that got intense real fast.
Sep 11, 2018 4:14 PM

Oct 2015
Lesson here is do not over love your children. Learn to scold them or they will suffer in future because of that love.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 21, 2019 8:01 PM

Jan 2018
you heard it kids, don't do drugs! lol. so far so good, but why in god's name do his eyes pass through his hair? holy shit it's uncomfortable
May 1, 2020 2:41 AM
May 2010
That was an amazing pilot episode. A heartbreaking tragedy as a result of a mother's love. God, I love anime like this that explore the dark spectrums of humanity.
Jul 17, 2020 7:34 AM

Jun 2020
that was sad ☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹

and preachy. i think i would prefer if the in-your-face preachiness wasn't included, it's pretty obvious on its own

also loved the allegory to alice in wonderland, what with the girl's name, rabbits, and that entire idea of going down a rabbit hole/drugs and psychedelia
kur0baJul 17, 2020 7:38 AM

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jan 19, 2021 7:18 AM
Nov 2012
I'm watching this now and wondering if I'm missing something. Is it supposed to have an opening and ending? There is an op and ed on youtube but none in the release I downloaded or in the streams I can find online.
Mar 31, 2021 1:27 AM

Jan 2021
It looks interesting. Not bad.
Oct 31, 2021 8:50 AM

Jun 2015
I absolutely loved it! This anime deserves higher score for this episode alone. I hope the other episodes are as good.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Oct 4, 2023 9:52 PM
May 2017
Its like a superior version of xxxHolics. I wish the animation quality was higher because I love the art style.
Mar 29, 5:56 AM

Nov 2019
BRO WTF IS HAPPEENING?! WHY ARE THERE RABBITS EATING THIS LITTLE GIRL AND HER MUM BRO AINT NO WAY.
I am a COMPLETIONIST. Aiming to finish AS MANY ANIME as possible before DEATH, Despite them being SATISFACTORY or if they are BORING.

I WATCH THE LOWEST SCORED/RATED/RANKED ANIMES ON MAL (OR you can CALL THEM The WORST animes in the WORLD - No Joke Like Seriously)

No anime has actually satisfied my anime taste, That I can call a MasterPiece (10/10), still searching... hopefully one day I will find that show and obsess over it till I die.
RULE NO.4 I MUST WATCH ALL CONTENT FOR THE SERIES I HAVE FINISHED, NOW THIS ONE IS QUITE EXHILARATING.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Petshop of Horrors Episode 2 Discussion

TEWG - Nov 13, 2011

18 by Horshu »»
Mar 29, 5:57 AM

Poll: » Petshop of Horrors Episode 4 Discussion

Veethorn - Jul 13, 2010

40 by almightybismarck »»
Oct 8, 2023 6:57 AM

Poll: » Petshop of Horrors Episode 3 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - May 21, 2013

18 by almightybismarck »»
Oct 6, 2023 11:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.