Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 27, 2017 10:03 PM

Oct 2008
Another good Episode!
Both Koutarou & Akane are preparing for exams @ Koumei high...
But since Akane already passed...i feel like Koutarou won't make it to Koumei...just look at the ED foreshadowing!...
4/5.

Jun 27, 2017 10:43 PM
Jul 2015
AdminKyun said:
someone should post all the text messages translated
That would be much appreciated !!! I second this
Jun 28, 2017 2:17 AM

Mar 2014
yay i am with the failure train, and kotarou will get NTRed by akane's senpai from the racing club
Jun 28, 2017 4:19 AM
Oct 2016
i need the title of the insert song from episode 11...the song is familliar ...
Jun 28, 2017 10:14 AM

Oct 2011
Absolutely looking forward to the last episode, it will be the deciding factor.
Jun 28, 2017 10:40 AM
Jan 2015
matias067 said:
Another good Episode!
Both Koutarou & Akane are preparing for exams @ Koumei high...
But since Akane already passed...i feel like Koutarou won't make it to Koumei...just look at the ED foreshadowing!...
4/5.

If we are to take into account what appears to be foreshadowing in episode 11 alone (Kotarou's talk with his dad and Chinatsu's passing comment), it would seem that Kotarou is going to fail the entrance exam to Koumei Private High School and end up going to the same local university that Chinatsu is going to go to. This will make no difference to Kotarou and Akane's relationship, because...

If the ED line chats are, as I very much do hope so, foreshadowing the future for Kotarou and Akane, they will survive their long-distance relationship into adulthood and marriage.
Jun 28, 2017 4:26 PM

Feb 2009
FredFriendly said:
DarcyD said:
NEVER follow a high school crush like this!! If they broke up, he'd be stuck heading to Chiba everyday forever ughh, teen love makes you do stupid things lol

Kotarou does not have a crush on Akane, nor she on him. They are far beyond the crush stage of a middle school relationship, and are sincerely in love with each other, which was pretty clearly shown during the bridge scene of episode 10.

However, as I detailed in my previous post, I don't think, in this instance, that it's such a great idea for Kotarou to go to the same school as Akane (only because of the daily travel time). Although the chances of a long-distance relationship between high schoolers lasting into adulthood is pretty slim, it can work if both parties are 100% committed to each other and the relationship. We'll just have to wait and see...

No one knows what love is in middle school. It's a crush dude. He literally was pissed at her over a guy she rejected AND they're dating way past that. If it was love, he wouldn't harbor those kinds of feelings. Love is secure; a crush is not.

Jun 28, 2017 4:50 PM
Jan 2015
DarcyD said:
FredFriendly said:

Kotarou does not have a crush on Akane, nor she on him. They are far beyond the crush stage of a middle school relationship, and are sincerely in love with each other, which was pretty clearly shown during the bridge scene of episode 10.

However, as I detailed in my previous post, I don't think, in this instance, that it's such a great idea for Kotarou to go to the same school as Akane (only because of the daily travel time). Although the chances of a long-distance relationship between high schoolers lasting into adulthood is pretty slim, it can work if both parties are 100% committed to each other and the relationship. We'll just have to wait and see...

No one knows what love is in middle school. It's a crush dude. He literally was pissed at her over a guy she rejected AND they're dating way past that. If it was love, he wouldn't harbor those kinds of feelings. Love is secure; a crush is not.

Please don't call me "dude."

You are, of course, entitled to your own opinions regarding the matters of love. However, I do know that people who are in love certainly do "harbor those kinds of feelings." Not everyone who is in love is emotionally secure enough that they don't get jealous. Thinking otherwise is contrary to reality.

Kotarou was pissed at Akane in episode 10 for a variety of reasons, probably the most prevalent one was that Akane was hiding the truth from him when he initially asked her if she was with Hira. Had she told him the whole truth right then and there, that would more than likely dissipated his anger, but she didn't, she pretended that she was only with Hira momentarily because they were throwing out the trash. Kotarou knew otherwise.
Jun 28, 2017 5:00 PM

Feb 2009
FredFriendly said:
DarcyD said:

Please don't call me "dude."

You are, of course, entitled to your own opinions regarding the matters of love. However, I do know that people who are in love certainly do "harbor those kinds of feelings." Not everyone who is in love is emotionally secure enough that they don't get jealous. Thinking otherwise is contrary to reality.

Kotarou was pissed at Akane in episode 10 for a variety of reasons, probably the most prevalent one was that Akane was hiding the truth from him when he initially asked her if she was with Hira. Had she told him the whole truth right then and there, that would more than likely dissipated his anger, but she didn't, she pretended that she was only with Hira momentarily because they were throwing out the trash. Kotarou knew otherwise.

Okay and again if he LOVED her, he would trust her, no need for playing games and getting pissed off over something minor. This whole drama is based on him TAKING A CHANCE ON HER. Would we gaf if we knew for certain this was real and they would never break up? no we wouldn't. so hop off my post, DUDE, because I AM entitled to my opinions, I don't recall asking you for yours when I wrote my initial post.

Jun 28, 2017 6:36 PM
Feb 2017
The plot and their relationship were too coherent with reality, so the test should not be passed.
BiorensJun 28, 2017 6:40 PM
Jun 28, 2017 9:25 PM
Mar 2017
The literary quotes...

Kotarou's love of literature...

Akane's sister's statement...

I'm in the "fail" ship, I hate to say it. I would love to be wrong, but my writer's instincts were sending up warning flags the past couple of episodes.

That said...

The past two episodes have proven the absolute best of the series.

How I score this show will depend on how the last episode fares.
Jun 29, 2017 3:49 AM
Jun 2017
Reading the comments above , I do agree and disagree on both side . Yes it is a crush . Kotarou does have a crush on Akane , so does Akane too. She is jealous when Chinatsu is talking to Kotarou too. Some comments above does mention about the possibility of Akane falls in love with someone else too and I cant argue with that. But then , the possibility of Kotarou falls in love with another girl is also possible too as both of them are going somewhere unfamiliar to them socially.

That being said , I do believe both of them really love each other. In my place , there is a quote that said " With no jealousy , there is no love". I sometimes agree and disagree with this statement because like shown in episode 10 , jealousy can either strengthen a relationship or just broke it up . Definitely the case here the jealousy strengthen their relationship more .

(Love relationship at the age of 15? This is puppy love not a real one ) might be someone's opinion about this story . Well I might be wrong but some people does experience TRUE love at a really young age . Some relationship does even last long from schools to marriage. I sincerely hope that is the case between those two as they are , in my eyes , sincerely in love with each others.
SamasamaJun 29, 2017 6:17 AM
Jun 29, 2017 4:12 AM

Jul 2009
Koutarou was a pain in most part of this, I feel sorry for his mom, and it made me get angry at him.
Jun 29, 2017 6:49 AM

Apr 2014
Lmao come on guys, even if he passes i don't want to see a timeskip for about 10 years or something, there's still a lot of room and potential for kotarou and akane's character development which can be done if this series ever recieves a sequel (hopefully cuz this is one of the very rare romance anime that i ACTUALLY enjoy watching.)

And please for fucks sake, please let him pass. Don't let this be a trainwreck plzzzz authorrr
Jun 29, 2017 2:18 PM

Mar 2009
Kotarou's mother is the real MVP. Can't get over how amazing his parents are. Dude is so lucky.
Jun 30, 2017 7:19 PM
Aug 2014
More relatable things from the anime: "the love you experience now is short and fleeting, but the decisions you make in your education will impact your future. Finish your education and then date." I have heard that warning more than once in my life and as I am older now I must admit they are pretty much in the right. There are exceptions but they happen in very few cases.
Jul 1, 2017 10:58 PM

May 2015
Well I hope he gives his all and no matter the outcome... in that way he can live with his decision and that he gave his all for his ultimate aim...
Roy_FockerJul 3, 2017 5:00 PM
Jul 2, 2017 12:18 AM

Jul 2015
This is definitely a risk for both Azumi and and his parents. If he ever were to break up with Akane, then pretty much like, he'd have a pretty sad future (or at least a sad high school life). I hope he does pass, but at the same time, like, let's be honest here, that school is 2 hours away.. are you telling me that he's literally going to spend 4 hours of his day on the bus/train (there and back)? Like how troublesome would that be.. hopefully something works out. I kind of have a feeling that he might fail, but that they'd still make the relationship work somehow.

caught in the wonder
Jul 2, 2017 3:31 PM

Oct 2012
Another great episode with really good nostalgic atmosphere. Feels overflow.

The moments when they went on date during Christmas. The anxiety of uncertain future. The fight with the parents.
This anime is really as close to the real life as it could get, loving in more and more.

Now to the last and final episode. Don't disappoint now, right? Pretty please?

Jul 2, 2017 11:01 PM

Dec 2016
Good shit Momma Kotarou, always being there as a loving and supportive parent!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jul 3, 2017 4:49 AM
Mar 2012
Kotarou's language grade's pretty good. He could've chosen a school great for his literature/writing, maybe even another school in Chiba.
Not wrong to stretch himself far, but if he enters at the bottom end, then he'd have a hard time catching up to all his classmates. Might need to give up storywriting even.
Jul 3, 2017 8:07 AM
Feb 2017
Best ending ever... also I'm pretty sure the text messages that appeared were all from the previous episode endings all together
Jul 5, 2017 11:04 AM
Jul 2017
I cried unmanly tears when the scene showed Kotarou's mom making him rice balls. It shows the unconditional love our mothers give to us, no matter how we treat them.
Jul 5, 2017 11:10 AM
Jul 2017
Your_Name said:
i need the title of the insert song from episode 11...the song is familliar ...

It's "Mirai e" by Kiroro.
Jul 9, 2017 6:25 AM

Jul 2015
Best episode in the series, I love it so much with all stuffs happened in this episode.
Best anime of this season alongside with Natsume Yuujinchou Roku.

Increase my rating to 9/10 after the legendary japanese song "Mirai e" by Kiroro started playing near the end and Nao Touyama sang it beautifully. Such a simple and heartwarming anime, as beautiful as moon.

The original version of the song :
Jul 9, 2017 9:54 PM
Jul 2018
At least to me, it was best episode since episode 2. What a strict family MC lived... it reminds me of my past times as well... What a strong nostalgic feelings...

That reminds us that to check our mom now... well how much they cared for us so far....
Jul 11, 2017 9:24 PM

Oct 2014
Strong family units/support always get me a teary-eyed as I'm very close with my family and can see myself in those situations. The Christmas scene between Azumi and Akane was cute. I really do hope he passes, but still have a sinking feeling he'll fail. Only one episode to wrap everything up. As long as they end up together in the end, that's what matters.
Jul 23, 2017 11:58 PM

Apr 2017
i like the use of rice balls as a metaphor for his family's support in the episode.

He starts off not wanting anything to eat, and goes right up to study in order to be with Akane. His mother brings them up to his room, and even though he thinks he doesn't want any, he eventually gets hungry and eats it. Next time he studies, he comes downstairs because he needs food again, this time accepting it from the start. He eats it from the start and thinks it's delicious.

Kinda shows that though he wants to only focus on his goal of being with his girl, maintaining a healthy relationship with his family is important to achieving that.

pretty good episode.
Big breast are full of dreams, but small breast are full of hope.
Jul 25, 2017 4:43 PM

May 2012
That's love for ya! Pretty great development I must say though, really looking forwards to see what the last episode of this wonderful anime has to offer!
Jul 26, 2017 12:00 PM

Aug 2013
Imagine finally passing the exam and going to the same school as your girlfriend only to break up later on
Jul 27, 2017 9:45 AM

Dec 2015
This series really knows how to depict his hero as a stupid and despicable person. He's thirteen but still... I wanted to see one of the parents give him a good pair of slaps in the beginning. At least, they are here to think instead of their son (pretty realistic here).

2/5 As good as this series seems to be, most episodes are terrible moments to watch.

Despite them being a couple almost since the beginning of the show, I still don't know why they're together. (I know it's simply a school crush but I feel like the anime is trying so hard to tell me otherwise XD)

@Sugram22 I know it's supposed to be more than a school crush, I wrote it. XD But I only deduce it from the show rather than from what happens in front me.
And I'm sorry for being too hard on him, I recognized he was simply a young boy though (to make him look less faulty)
Rei_IIINov 20, 2017 12:55 PM
Aug 30, 2017 5:07 AM

Apr 2015
Not sure I would have done the same as his parents. Probably wouldn't have let him

Nostalgia points +500 for this episode
Oct 7, 2017 10:49 AM
May 2013
I'm really rooting for them. Although it wouldn't hurt for Kotarou to thank his parents or hug them (IMO).

Btw, does anyone know the song it was playing at the end, while Kotarou was studying and everything?
Nov 20, 2017 7:56 AM

Sep 2012
i agree with ppl who say he fails there have been 2meny fail flags

Lanz said:
Not sure I would have done the same as his parents. Probably wouldn't have let him

Nostalgia points +500 for this episode

i would have let him cause hes choice cause its not like hes trying to get in a bad school he tries to get in a school where he need higher grades i would see it as positive cause of that cause harder to get in the better the school :)

Rei366 said:
This series really knows how to depict his hero as a stupid and despicable person. He's thirteen but still... I wanted to see one of the parents give him a good pair of slaps in the beginning. At least, they are here to think instead of their son (pretty realistic here).

2/5 As good as this series seems to be, most episodes are terrible moments to watch.

Despite them being a couple almost since the beginning of the show, I still don't know why they're together. (I know it's simply a school crush but I feel like the anime is trying so hard to tell me otherwise XD)

ZIP it already (about trashing him) :) choices are part of growing up they cant pamper him 2much (i mean they should let him make mistakes but that wouldn't be that big of a mistake) or he won't grow up fast enough also like i said above this school is hard to get in so its better school & that gives him more choices for future i am sneaky like that if i would have kid & he or she wants to get in a school where its hard to get in cause of love i would not stop him or her who cares about the motives what matters is he has better choices if he finishes this school :)

it is more then simply a school crush
also that's how a lot life long relationships start
Sugram22Nov 20, 2017 8:11 AM
Dec 6, 2017 10:22 AM

Mar 2012
Welp, his mom did a complete 180.
Jan 4, 2018 9:06 PM

Dec 2013
This episode makes me want to root for Kotarou although I still don’t see him succeeding.
Jan 15, 2018 2:13 AM

Dec 2012
Found this one to be a particularly sweet episode. I really like how Kotarou's mom was able to understand his commitment and reconciled without saying a word. Despite all the nagging, she has his back. Reminds me of my own mother when I was his age, albeit it took me much longer to finally realize that.
Feb 14, 2018 8:41 PM

Mar 2015
Can't believe we're ending this in the next episode!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 19, 2018 11:45 PM

Nov 2017
I loved how Koutarou’s parents finally warm up to the idea of him wanting to go to the private school. They saw how he worked hard just to study to be with Akane. I loved the scene with the gift exchange, their chemistry is so strong and sweet whenever they interact!
May 4, 2018 12:02 AM

Dec 2014
Ugghhh...The part with Kotarou's mom got me something fierce. I've had more than my fair share of fights with my mom, but I'm thankful that she's always got my back no matter what. I needed to call her after watching this episode. Hug your moms everyone.
May 27, 2018 12:48 PM

Mar 2018
My reaction to the beginning of the episode:

Weeeeeeeeeeeell...
Kotarou's mom's a bitch,
she's a big fat bitch
she's the biggest bitch in the whole wide world...

Seriously, what she was up to there was the worst kind of parenting. She didn't care about her son as a person at all; she only cared about her plan for what his life should be like. If you want to be able to say you "love" someone you need to respect them as a person, listen to them and care about what they want.

I was very glad to see her wise up and redeem herself later in the episode.
Oct 20, 2018 10:09 AM
Jul 2018
Kotarou's relationship with his mother hit me in the feels in this episode. Really relatable. Now onto the final episode. As of right now, the show is either a 8.5 or 9 for me.
Apr 10, 2019 4:32 PM
Mar 2019
ok let’s spill the tea about the scene where hotarou and his parents (specifically his mom) confront each other about hotarou’s highschool.

stuff his mom said to him:

“that’s not something for you to decide by yourself! (about his choice of highschool)” i mean.. technically he can bc it’s his application, he’s the one putting in the work/studying, it’s his future. moving on..

“your future depends on this!” i dont really see what the huge deal is except for the distance from his school and house. koumei is a private school so it means he’s gotta be smart to get in. if he gets in that’s an accomplishment. also since koumei is a private school it’s gonna look good on his resume and it’s good for his future in fact. idk why his moms so unsupportive over everything he does, she’s acting like koumei is a virus and will fuck up his whole life. if anything, it’s better for him than a public local high school that she wants him to go to. also it’s honestly so ridiculous that she’s overreacting so much and putting this much pressure on him about his future. like i get it, she’s his mom and obviously she wants her son to be successful but like he’s still in middle school, it’s not like he’s in highschool. ofc he shouldn’t be playing around and stuff all the time and never study. but he does a pretty good job at balancing his life in my opinion, plus he tries. let the poor boy enjoy his youth god damn woman.

“and you chose it (koumei) just because the girl you like is going there” like i said before, koumei actually benefits him in the future bc it’s a good school also like can she just not be happy for him. yeah it’s kinda irrational he chose a school he never thought about bc of his gf but like wtf it’s not like it’s a shit school. she also said she was so embarrassed of him like wtf. how’s that embarrassing. i really think it’s admirable how much effort and commitment he’s putting into his relationship w people and this school. it’s passionate. it’s being human. even if he doesn’t last forever with akane, it’s fine. bc i’ll keep saying this: koumei is a good school for his future.

and this woman keeps picking at his passion for literature. like are you fr. that’s a great dream, he’s so passionate and serious about it. why cant you support him and help him. what do you mean literature is not serious. like please for gods sake just be there for him for once. support him.

sorry this was pretty just a rant about why i don’t like his mom but that’s the tea, sis.
edit: ok uh i just finished ep 11 now i’m kinda feeling bad about what i said about his mom. ik she actually does care about her son even though she doesn’t show it as well.
teeheeuwuApr 10, 2019 4:49 PM
May 6, 2019 9:30 PM

Jul 2016
Another fantastic episode as always. Loved the way how the conflict with the parents was handled.

I have to say I was on the side of Kota's mother during the whole episode but man, after all the efforts and determination he has showed, I really REALLY want him to pass the entrance exam.

And also, the scene with Kota's mother preparing that midnight snack reminded me so much of my mom when I had to study hard for my exams in middle school. It honestly made me feel rather emotional. What a wonderful series, seriously.

One more episode to go. This anime ended up being such a pleasant surprise. I'm so glad I gave it a chance.
Jul 17, 2019 5:03 AM

May 2016
This show is totatly my thing if there was not romance that last part was beautiful with that soundtrack.
Feb 22, 2020 2:23 AM

Aug 2013
Moms are just awesome <3
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Jun 2, 2020 5:20 PM

Apr 2020
RELATABLE AND REALISTIC are the KEY words of this anime. So freaking good, even though it would crush my heart, a bittersweet ending might fit into the realistic theme/aspect the shows follows so far because let's be honest! How many high school sweethearts you actually know that are happily married? I know zero, none of the highschool sweethearts I know even got to the proposal stage.
Jun 5, 2020 2:16 PM

Sep 2012
KunM said:
RELATABLE AND REALISTIC are the KEY words of this anime. So freaking good, even though it would crush my heart, a bittersweet ending might fit into the realistic theme/aspect the shows follows so far because let's be honest! How many high school sweethearts you actually know that are happily married? I know zero, none of the highschool sweethearts I know even got to the proposal stage.

The realistic aspects deserve credit but there's still a lot of idealistic aspects that you shouldn't forget. You're talking about high school sweethearts having low possibility of success but how many relationships do you know yourself that's exactly like Akane/Kotarou's? You can't possibly say they're your typical couple. It's a realistic portrayal of first love but at the same time also idealistic. They're much much more than that if you paid attention. An incredible amount of maturity and commitment has been shown from their relationship. So, I think a happy ending is very deserving.
Jun 6, 2020 9:10 AM

Apr 2020
FlamingMangos said:
KunM said:

The realistic aspects deserve credit but there's still a lot of idealistic aspects that you shouldn't forget. You're talking about high school sweethearts having low possibility of success but how many relationships do you know yourself that's exactly like Akane/Kotarou's? You can't possibly say they're your typical couple. It's a realistic portrayal of first love but at the same time also idealistic. They're much much more than that if you paid attention. An incredible amount of maturity and commitment has been shown from their relationship. So, I think a happy ending is very deserving.

I agree with you and honestly?
Jul 24, 2020 9:38 AM

Mar 2019
This episode was soo good. I loved every second and it's relatable for me because I had my biggest exams 1 month ago so I know how he feels.
This anime put so much effort into developing his family, especially his mother and I love that. Usually, in anime, the parents are just passing characters, they just make the food and that's it. Really loved this episode.
The last episode is predictable, tho I'm not so sure.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2017

622 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Mar 15, 11:57 AM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2017

228 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Mar 11, 11:58 AM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2017

199 by DanielHu3 »»
Dec 18, 2023 6:50 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2017

248 by _GLADIATOR »»
Nov 19, 2023 8:27 AM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

175 by AoiroBlueColor »»
Aug 14, 2023 10:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.