Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Granblue Fantasy
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 25, 2017 7:12 AM

Apr 2011
Well, this ridiculous episode just rather spoiled the series for me.

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Jun 25, 2017 7:27 AM

Jun 2009
I was wondering what this episode would be about. I liked it. I would watch this alternate version with Djeeta and her crew. Or well, I would watch any version with all of these characters.
It would be better off as a separate OVA though.

8/10 for me. I will definitely watch another season.

yuliyana29 said:
What the actual fuck? Was that girl gender bender of Gran? Where is he? Where did he disappear/go?

I guess it was just an alternate version. It's based on a game, so I think you can either choose a male (Gran) or a female (Djeeta) version of your hero.
I like pancakes.
Jun 25, 2017 8:02 AM

May 2017
Haha RIP Gran, recast'ed

So I heard Djeeta is more popular in japan, well compared to Gran she's OP and actually pretty cool alpha MC while Gran is pretty lame, weakling and beta
Jun 25, 2017 8:18 AM

Dec 2015
Not bad for a bonus episode. I guess (if I understood it correctly) it is possible to play as female MC in the game and they just used this for the bonus episode. + A bit recap (Lyria thinking about stuff in the past while writing her diary).

Going with 6/10 as final score. Not super bad. But also too much generic and I wasn't really looking forward to the next episodes (required for 8+) and some of them were boring. (Depending on where they were. Some were nice again like the one in the treasure dungeon with nice chemistry between Rakham and Io.)

I wouldn't watch more if they made a 2nd season.
Jun 25, 2017 8:20 AM

Aug 2008
They are the exact same bland piece of empty space in the game but DJ being a cute girl is of course more popular. As far as I know, players are split 6:4 using DJ as MC over Gran.

Sadly, they went with "boy meets girl" in the anime and when Gary Stu meets supposedly adorable moron you don't get a good story. It was surprisingly not horrible at first but last 2-3 eps went downhill so fast they reached game writing level at the bottom. This ep was just a fanservice for players and actually felt like doing a story quest - nice eye candies but damn it was stupid.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jun 25, 2017 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
Why couldn't it be Djeeta the whole anime? smh. It would've been less generic.

Jun 25, 2017 9:06 AM

Sep 2009
Lol what a waste of an episode.
yuliyana29 said:
What the actual fuck? Was that girl gender bender of Gran? Where is he? Where did he disappear/go?

Huh, what? Screenshot plz?
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jun 25, 2017 9:37 AM
Sep 2015
Well, idk... but was this episode really necessary?
Jun 25, 2017 10:05 AM

Feb 2015
This episode has OVA written all over it. It's a bit odd then chose to end on this. I've really enjoyed this series. It's nothing new but gave off those oldskool adventure jrpg vibes. Hopefully we get a second season at some point. 8/10
Jun 25, 2017 10:07 AM

Sep 2015
Phoenix3988 said:
Well, idk... but was this episode really necessary?

Yes, it is a reference to all high level players.
For this reason, people here have no fucking idea what happens

PD
NayoutJun 25, 2017 10:13 AM
Jun 25, 2017 10:38 AM

Nov 2016
What... was that? Why?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2017 10:54 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
the last image was givign us the thanks to watch it, i think that a second season it will impssible!!!
Jun 25, 2017 11:21 AM

Jul 2007
Antanaru said:
They are the exact same bland piece of empty space in the game but DJ being a cute girl is of course more popular. As far as I know, players are split 6:4 using DJ as MC over Gran.

Both behave as shonen protagonist sure but there's pretty much no female protagonists in anime who behave that way or have such a role. So by flipping a gender the behavior becomes unexpected and more refreshing in comparison to Mr Bland Fantasy Hero.

This episode actually shows how the show could have been improved - use the female heroine doing all the stuff instead of Gran, add a bit more self aware satirical elements and you have something different from the norm.

Ranxomare said:
the last image was givign us the thanks to watch it, i think that a second season it will impssible!!!

With the bd sales it has more seasons is pretty much guaranteed.
Jun 25, 2017 11:28 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Fai said:

Ranxomare said:

With the bd sales it has more seasons is pretty much guaranteed.

I hope don´t misktakes Fai ;)
Jun 25, 2017 11:50 AM
Jul 2018
MortalMelancholy said:
yuliyana29 said:

Djeeta. She looks like a female version of Gran.
Jun 25, 2017 12:40 PM

Sep 2007
The type of episode we see in Bluray as bonus. Well fan-service was good and Katalina was cute and funny with her sword.

Now the question is, who is this girl at 9.36:

Maybe Arulumaya?
Jun 25, 2017 12:57 PM

Aug 2008
Fai said:
Antanaru said:

Both behave as shonen protagonist sure but there's pretty much no female protagonists in anime who behave that way or have such a role. So by flipping a gender the behavior becomes unexpected and more refreshing in comparison to Mr Bland Fantasy Hero.

This episode actually shows how the show could have been improved - use the female heroine doing all the stuff instead of Gran, add a bit more self aware satirical elements and you have something different from the norm.
To be honest I don't see how changing a bland, boring, self insert character from a guy to a girl makes any improvement besides being easier on the eyes. It's still a bad character, only wrapping is different. It reminds me of femitards argument to have more women in politics when they are as much bastards and morons as men in this field...

Inuki said:

Maybe Arulumaya?
Lunalu, aka filthy fujotaoto.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jun 25, 2017 1:56 PM

Jun 2017
Fai said:
This episode actually shows how the show could have been...

All in all I totally agree with you that this episode just confirmed what we've all known for a long time about shows with female protagonists, they always end up becoming a generic repetitive yuri show with excessive and pointless fanservice.

I really wonder of people never get tired of watching this generic repetitive cancer over and over |o|
Anon1566Jun 25, 2017 2:01 PM

Jun 25, 2017 2:19 PM

Nov 2014
As someone that had enjoyed this anime upto ep 12 this left me scratching my head.

They should have gone the Dragonaut route and made this last episode a special.

Eps 1-12 = 7/10
Eps 1-13 = 6/10
Jun 25, 2017 2:20 PM

Jun 2015
Iam going to rewatch this episode later..........
With 1 hand in my pants.

Yeah

good episode best episode of this anime yet. For obvious reasons.

In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jun 25, 2017 2:20 PM

Jun 2010
Aversa said:

This episode just made me wonder why we could not enjoy Djeeta for the entire anime, Gran wasn't bad but i definitely prefer Djeeta.

Because she's Over Powered, lol. Did you see the way she took out those bots and Imperials? She didn't even break a sweat. Gran actually has to try.
Jun 25, 2017 2:24 PM

Sep 2014
Fuck Yeah!!! Best episode of this series or I should say "OVA". Was really great to see Djeeta spicing things up!
No wonder she didn't show up in the main series, Djeeta too strong. ^^

Siero's thug parrot was lol.

The fanservice was really on point, all the girls looking great, especially Rosetta. Poor Io tho xD
They actually changed the ED to have Djeeta instead of Gran at the end lololol.

Was probably gonna give this series 7 but then this episode happened so 8 it'll be! Hope there'll be more Djeeta in the future if they decide to make a 2nd season, tho I doubt.
nerfxJun 25, 2017 2:29 PM
Jun 25, 2017 2:35 PM

Sep 2009
yuliyana29 said:
MortalMelancholy said:

Djeeta. She looks like a female version of Gran.

Well dayumm, I just realized I was in the wrong forum xD
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jun 25, 2017 5:08 PM

Sep 2015
Im guessing that Djeeta is the girl version/path in the game. But dam it basically spoiled everything right? All of those ppl are gonna join the crew and everything. One thing Im happy about this episode being the conclusion was seing Katalina out of her armor and in a bikini , embarassed :3

*nosebleeds*
Jun 25, 2017 5:11 PM

Oct 2012
Was confused for awhile, thought that Lyria/everyone had her/their memories altered or something and Gran was going to show up to beat Djeeta who was in his place.

Wound up just being a special/ova in content.
Jun 25, 2017 6:14 PM

Aug 2016
Lolol poor Ono Yuuki, I wanted to see Gran...

I also wanted actual plot...

Oh yeah did anyone else see the blushing boys behind the newly introduced girls in bikinis?

Jun 25, 2017 7:01 PM

Jan 2011
HAHAHA this episode was perfect anime only viewers must be confused as hell even with this being a extra we all got jebaited

didn't care for the fanservice but it was a nice touch using everyone's summer versions ,was disappointing that they still held back on giving Vane and the knights any lines guess it makes sense since they haven't been introduced yet.

this episode should be taken as a satire view on someone who has lucked out on the gacha and has a powerful weapon pool and SSR characters to make story/event quests a joke to prowl through lol vs someone only playing for a few weeks using nothing but Rs .

if they even do a season 2 time to make Canon DJ MC for that season :P
katsu044Jun 25, 2017 7:05 PM
Jun 25, 2017 7:41 PM
Aug 2015
This episode was really pointless did not stick to the story put a totally new person in it they should have just put a new episode out not a stupid filler
Jun 25, 2017 8:52 PM
Jul 2016
The tittle is Another Sky
Jun 25, 2017 10:20 PM

Jul 2007
Hinata said:
But dam it basically spoiled everything right? All of those ppl are gonna join the crew and everything

Not really. That's just an injoke on players who whaled enough to have gazillion of top rank hard to get characters they can then use to wipe floor with everything.
Jun 25, 2017 10:41 PM
Apr 2016
Choostopher said:
As someone that had enjoyed this anime upto ep 12 this left me scratching my head.

They should have gone the Dragonaut route and made this last episode a special.

Eps 1-12 = 7/10
Eps 1-13 = 6/10

love how so many people fail to to undestand that last episode and season finale was previous one and this isjust "Extra1" ... FFS its even on the title screen
Jun 26, 2017 12:57 AM
Oct 2013
Djeeta is way stronger than Gran, in a scary way.

I guess this episode was supposed to be an ova, right?

And, that's some of the popular SSR females there. Nice bikinis.
Jun 26, 2017 1:30 AM
Jan 2014
Summary: Djeeta is an OP lucksack.

As a guy
I like how Djeeta was practically portrayed as HL.

I fapped to that gacha pull of Sara. 11/10. Could use some Lecia as well.

Fai said:
Hinata said:
But dam it basically spoiled everything right? All of those ppl are gonna join the crew and everything

Not really. That's just an injoke on players who whaled enough to have gazillion of top rank hard to get characters they can then use to wipe floor with everything.

If that was the case, then they would've shown the dreaded Visa-chan (Summer ver.). But, they didn't. Too salty?

UltimusInfinitumJun 26, 2017 3:41 AM
Jun 26, 2017 2:52 AM

Jul 2009
Like it was good enough to get a damn fan service episode with a gender bender Gran...Glad it's over.

Edit: Read above that she is another character that people can play with, guess it would be better with her instead of boring Gran.

5/10
Jun 26, 2017 3:38 AM
Jun 2017
I was shocked, because I didn't expect that Gran replaced in a cute Girl :c!
Jun 26, 2017 3:46 AM
Jul 2016
This was a terrible ending to a great running anime >.< almost want to down rate it...

I get that Djeeta is very popular but they should have done it as an OVA or spin off with her as a lead this just ruined the progression the anime was making.
Jun 26, 2017 5:38 AM
Oct 2007
I would definitely like to try the game if it's available for download in my country app store! Cygames seem to be having a good run this season with both SnB and Granblue.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2017 9:10 AM

Jan 2017
Replacing Gran with some girl for a fan service on the last episode, SMH.
Jun 26, 2017 9:11 AM
Feb 2013
yo i saw the first minute and then had to look up the forum post on this episode to make sure i wasnt confusing myself lol. guessing this was supposed to be marked as an ova by MAL instead of a 13th episode.

i really do not want to finish watching this episode, it really does ruin the show. especially after ep 12

djeeta seems 10x stronger than gran...
tjkraftJun 26, 2017 9:25 AM
Jun 26, 2017 9:55 AM

Jan 2010
lol, BEST!!
I don't play and I don't know nothing about grandblue, I know that's only fanservice but I want Djeeta canon now: she's more lively, she has boobs, she has gathered a big crew with a lot of waifus, she has boobs, and she fights like a pro, no wasted moves. Really, best!
Jun 26, 2017 10:08 AM
Dec 2016
joshua10red said:
They replaced the main character with Djeeta for some fan service...
The whole show is ruined in the last episode...Extremely disappointed

Totally agree... What a waste a nonsense... The last chapter and you give me this shit fan service?
Jun 26, 2017 10:25 AM

Mar 2014
i thought this series was gonna have 34 more eps to broadcast but guess what no money no talk.
Jun 26, 2017 10:25 AM

Nov 2009
Ehhh, I'd rather have Gran than that new girl... Too many girls in general, they pretty much turned into almost all-girl crew, and I want more balance. Also, surprised they even included a pure fanservice-y episode that generally you'd see as an extra OVA on BDs or something, not a part of the main TV series... I find it a very controversial decision.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jun 26, 2017 1:09 PM

May 2015
Lol, a beach and fanservice episode finale, I didn't expect that alright.

Guess it was an enjoyable show overall, but nothing special in the end in my opinion. Wouldn't be surprised if it gets another season, considering it's selling like cupcakes from what I've seen. I'd probably watch it if that were to be the case.

7/10.

Jun 26, 2017 1:39 PM

Jun 2017
Antanaru said:
Fai said:

To be honest I don't see how changing a bland, boring, self insert character from a guy to a girl makes any improvement besides being easier on the eyes. It's still a bad character, only wrapping is different. It reminds me of femitards argument to have more women in politics when they are as much bastards and morons as men in this field...

Inuki said:

Maybe Arulumaya?
Lunalu, aka filthy fujotaoto.

Because it makes the relationship between MC and Lyria gay and therefor better because lesbians make EVERYTHING better. NO EXCEPTIONS! :D
Jun 26, 2017 3:40 PM

Aug 2013
This episode should of been an alternate version or OVA. At the start of the episode i was just confused on what was going on. Overall the art was fantastic but story was just okay.
My Candies:
Jun 26, 2017 4:17 PM

Jun 2009
I'm quite disappointed with the last episode. I wouldn't complain if it was a separate OVA or an spin-off but to finish the series with such mediocre "something" unrelated to the story line, emphasizing fan service... They really irked me. No wonder the score dropped. Essentially I had fun with the whole series so I'll rate this anime 7/10.
Jun 26, 2017 7:21 PM
Jan 2014
jyuushimatsu said:
Lolol poor Ono Yuuki, I wanted to see Gran...

Gran is there, moonlighting as Lancey :3
Jun 26, 2017 8:32 PM

Jul 2016
Djeeta cameo in berserker class :3 more waifu in the crew and its a beach episode

Would be nice if there'll be a second season, though it seems like this adaptation felt like promotion for the game especially the 12th and 13th episode that showed the other characters of the game.
Jun 26, 2017 9:33 PM

Mar 2010
taiffon_3e said:
Most of the game players didn't like the decisiion of Gran being MC instead of DJeeta, also the studio wanted to have both as MCs but Cygames (the game company) refused.

Fai said:
The only good episode in the whole show because vanillaboy is gone and the one who should have been MC is there. Frankly this felt more like a punch in the gut relegating the femprotag to basically what amounts to a comedy omake. Oh Japan and your hatred of female characters....

But you guys KNOW; the real truth is that Japan hates male protags. Either they don't exist or they get treated horribly.

I like Gran. He's basically the last good representation of a shounen lead who isn't either a punching bag for femdom or nonexistent.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2017

54 by Fate_warrior95 »»
Apr 20, 12:10 AM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 13, 2017

42 by ArtemisMeiko »»
Jan 27, 1:25 AM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2017

103 by LeoTWW »»
Jan 6, 5:27 PM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2017

88 by Alvie48xi »»
Mar 4, 2023 5:40 AM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2017

35 by Alvie48xi »»
Mar 4, 2023 2:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.