Forum Settings
Forums

The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v8)

New
Jun 11, 2015 2:22 PM
Jun 2015
-
ArdanazNov 13, 2018 1:13 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (198) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 21, 2017 2:04 PM

Aug 2014
This thread is for identifying anime and anime characters. Post pictures or describe what you remember from vague memories; try to describe as much as possible so people can help you identify it.

As with the last thread, please only post to help. This is not a game, and spam posts will not be appreciated.

If you want to have manga or manga characters identified, please post here.

These image search engines can help you find the source of your image:
Google (click the camera symbol to paste/upload images)
IQDB
SauceNAO
WAIT: What Anime Is This? (Screenshot Search)
Doujinshi Search

Old threads:
Version 1
Version 2
Version 3
Version 4
Version 5
Version 6
Version 7
ArdanazJun 21, 2017 2:09 PM
Jun 21, 2017 2:11 PM

Aug 2014
There was a little issue with the last version, so we had to remake it. Here are two unanswered requests of the last version:

Asked by @Anime12321

Hello, I'm trying to find a specific anime that I watched around 8 years ago when I was a kid.
Basically, a very young kid watches his father being chased by a gang, and eventually the father jumps from a cliff and calls his son a farewell. The kid is very frightened, and tries to survive in the woods in the time that comes after, and there he grows. One day, he decides to revenge the gang, and after a journey he succeeds finding them and he kills its ringleader.

This was the plot, and besides that I remember a woman that was a member of the gang threw some fans as her weapon.
I also remember that in the opening scene, thunders are heard and lightnings are seen, and the gang reaches the kid's father in his house, who breaks the glass in order to escape them, but unfortunately fails.

I really hope someone will recognize this anime, I'll very appreciate it! :)

Asked by @l1l1l1l1

Hye! I made this acc just for the sake of this question..I just wanna ask if there are other people who knew this manga/anime. I dont remember about the story but if I remember correctly about the MC, he is a guy who is afraid of going bald like his dad. I think it was a manga but I'm not sure. Thanks in advance
Jun 21, 2017 4:59 PM

Oct 2013
Jun 21, 2017 5:06 PM

May 2015

I think that this is it:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/1352/Cyber_City_Oedo_808?q=cyber%20city
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 21, 2017 5:17 PM

Apr 2015
Maybe it's Voltron: Defender of the Universe?
Jun 21, 2017 7:27 PM
Jun 2017
This has been bothering me for a while, but I found an anime that I wanted to watch, but I can't find it. The name is something like '(main girl's name) in a new world' or something like that. What I remember most is the main guy. He has earrings with chains connected tho parts of his clothing, and he is always happy. The story is about a robot girl and the main character is trying to teach her emotions and is in love with her? It was a harem/action show. If anyone knows it, that would be great!
Jun 21, 2017 9:15 PM
Jun 22, 2017 12:25 AM

Nov 2009
Phillyphil said:
This has been bothering me for a while, but I found an anime that I wanted to watch, but I can't find it. The name is something like '(main girl's name) in a new world' or something like that. What I remember most is the main guy. He has earrings with chains connected tho parts of his clothing, and he is always happy. The story is about a robot girl and the main character is trying to teach her emotions and is in love with her? It was a harem/action show. If anyone knows it, that would be great!

This reminds me of Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon. Maybe it's second part which I haven't watched.

Well, it's obviously the main villain of Melty Blood fighting games, Wallachia.
https://myanimelist.net/character/6154/Zepia_Eltnam_Oberon

The girl must be https://myanimelist.net/character/12737/Riesbyfe_Stridberg
or https://myanimelist.net/character/19542/White_Len

The only related anime are Tsukihime and Carnival Phantasm.
flannanJun 22, 2017 12:30 AM
Jun 22, 2017 12:26 AM

Sep 2015
Because last one already locked here
Don't remember song name or anime name but its like rip off Target from Digimon Adventure 02 opening

Did anyone know? i remember something about ginga or space and have wolf/dog thing on cover when i watch it on youtube
Into the Internet!
Jun 22, 2017 3:55 AM
Sep 2016
flannan said:
Phillyphil said:

This reminds me of Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon. Maybe it's second part which I haven't watched.

Well, it's obviously the main villain of Melty Blood fighting games, Wallachia.
https://myanimelist.net/character/6154/Zepia_Eltnam_Oberon

The girl must be https://myanimelist.net/character/12737/Riesbyfe_Stridberg
or https://myanimelist.net/character/19542/White_Len

The only related anime are Tsukihime and Carnival Phantasm.

God blessed you thanks
Jun 22, 2017 4:53 AM
Jun 2017
No it didn't have robots and stuff...But thank you so much for replying :D :D
Jun 22, 2017 10:42 AM

Oct 2016
Is Boss a girl or a boy?
Jun 22, 2017 10:47 AM
Jun 2017
He is a boy and if i remember correctly he kiiiiiinda looked like light from death note...but cuter :P
Jun 22, 2017 12:12 PM

Jun 2013
I'm back here again xD quicker then expected discord server posting anime memes again know where these are from? Also again google reverse image search is useless yet again, always direct me to cartoon network -.- anyways where these from?

As Always Thanks In Advance xD
Jun 22, 2017 12:15 PM
Jul 2018
Scrintrav56 said:
I'm back here again xD quicker then expected discord server posting anime memes again know where these are from? Also again google reverse image search is useless yet again, always direct me to cartoon network -.- anyways where these from?

As Always Thanks In Advance xD

Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism
it just finished airing yesterday
Jun 22, 2017 5:58 PM
Oct 2016
Uh does anyone know an anime in which the mc is always tweeting with his mobile and he has a sister? He tweets his daily routine and et cetera, and in the first episode he accidentally crashes into a girl who slaps and accuses him to be a pervert(duh)?
Thanks.
Jun 22, 2017 6:06 PM

Aug 2013
knightX said:
Uh does anyone know an anime in which the mc is always tweeting with his mobile and he has a sister? He tweets his daily routine and et cetera, and in the first episode he accidentally crashes into a girl who slaps and accuses him to be a pervert(duh)?
Thanks.

Is it Fuuka?
Jun 22, 2017 6:13 PM
Oct 2016
_Spectacled_ said:

Is it Fuuka?

THANKS OMG >.< I can't believe I forgot it. Once again arigatou gozaimazu!
Jun 22, 2017 8:50 PM
Jun 2017
Hey guys i got this anime stuck in my head and i don't know the name. Its basically about king solomon fighting and gaining his 72 demons. 1 of the demons becomes evil later on. if you know the anime comment with the name.
Jun 22, 2017 8:59 PM

Jan 2010
malaravanbal said:
Hey guys i got this anime stuck in my head and i don't know the name. Its basically about king solomon fighting and gaining his 72 demons. 1 of the demons becomes evil later on. if you know the anime comment with the name.

Solomon from Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist perhaps?
Jun 22, 2017 9:14 PM
May 2017
Plz help. MC is a loli with some shovel and there is a boy with white hair.
Jun 22, 2017 9:14 PM
Jun 2017
sorry not that know any others?
Jun 22, 2017 9:16 PM
Jun 22, 2017 9:21 PM

Nov 2013
Zenys said:

That's Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jun 22, 2017 9:27 PM

Feb 2012

I believe it's just a random fanart.
Remember seing that one years ago. Not sure tho ¯_(ツ)_/¯
i think its Yoshino charles from da capo
anthi-lightJun 22, 2017 9:31 PM

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Jun 22, 2017 9:33 PM
May 2017
TheBigGuy said:
Zenys said:

That's Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi.

Oh! Thanks a lot.
Jun 22, 2017 9:36 PM

Nov 2013
@Zenys

You're welcome!
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jun 23, 2017 2:30 AM
Feb 2013
watched this anime a while back and i cant remember the title heres what i do remember
mc had 2 swords one black that was op and transforms into a fighting costume/robot
and a white that is slightly weaker

inn the first episode hes in some building and idk how but he ends up in the girls batchoom and ends up meeting an/the atual princess of the kingdom (at some academy)

she then provokes this guy to a duel, the headmaster accepts , during the duel a back dragon came
also hes got a sister in that acedmy
and im not sure but the 2 of them are like the ex princess of that kingdom

thanks in advance guys :3
Jun 23, 2017 2:44 AM

Apr 2014
CBW said:
watched this anime a while back and i cant remember the title heres what i do remember
mc had 2 swords one black that was op and transforms into a fighting costume/robot
and a white that is slightly weaker

inn the first episode hes in some building and idk how but he ends up in the girls batchoom and ends up meeting an/the atual princess of the kingdom (at some academy)

she then provokes this guy to a duel, the headmaster accepts , during the duel a back dragon came
also hes got a sister in that acedmy
and im not sure but the 2 of them are like the ex princess of that kingdom

thanks in advance guys :3

Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut
Swagernator said:
@NoLiferSoul did nothing wrong!

Ardanaz said:
@Nolifersoul did nothing wrong
Jun 23, 2017 4:09 AM

Nov 2011

Anyone know her? Please and thank you.

Jun 23, 2017 4:15 AM
Jul 2018
Omelettecat said:

Vignette from Gabriel Dropout
Jun 23, 2017 4:23 AM

Nov 2011
Ya-Shiro said:
Omelettecat said:

Ah I see! Thank you! ^^

Jun 23, 2017 4:30 AM
Jul 2018
Omelettecat said:
Ya-Shiro said:

Ah I see! Thank you! ^^

No problem ^_^
Jun 23, 2017 11:21 AM
Jun 23, 2017 11:24 AM
Jun 23, 2017 11:45 AM

Oct 2007
Hello everyone . I want to know who the male / female characters who do the head tilting are https://youtu.be/Npp26HlvGRE?t=4m23s up to 4:30 .
Jun 23, 2017 11:48 AM
Jul 2018
DarknessAngel said:
Hello everyone . I want to know who the male / female characters who do the head tilting are https://youtu.be/Npp26HlvGRE?t=4m23s up to 4:30 .

They are from Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
Makoto and Meme
Jun 23, 2017 11:58 AM

Jun 2016

Identify please.

Also a NSFW one, if anyone knows what this is from.

SpagemJun 23, 2017 12:04 PM
Jun 23, 2017 12:00 PM

Oct 2007
Ya-Shiro said:
DarknessAngel said:

They are from Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
Makoto and Meme

Thanks
Jun 23, 2017 12:38 PM

Feb 2012
Spagem said:

Identify please.

it's from Touch

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Jun 23, 2017 12:59 PM

Sep 2016
Spagem said:
Also a NSFW one, if anyone knows what this is from.

Looks to be from Renai Sample - Be Natural by Homunculus.

Not actually a trap by the looks of it if that's what you wanted though.
Help Identify Anime Thread | My avatar is Sweet JP.
Jun 23, 2017 3:08 PM

May 2016
Back in the year 2000 when I was living with my mom I saw an anime movie on TV that was definitely not a kids film but had a very moving story. I'm also 100% certain that it was an anime film obviously due to the animation style but also because it was subbed and not dubbed. I've spent the last few days looking for it here in the archives but with no success so I decided to turn to you guys for help.

I have a fairly good idea of what the plot was but this is going purely by memory and some of it is speculation so forgive if this sounds sketchy but hopefully it will give you enough information to reveal what the title of this anime is.

That's pretty what I remember from the plot, so if any of you guys recognize the movie of where this story comes from please let me know and send me a link. Thanks!
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Jun 23, 2017 4:01 PM

Feb 2015
So, it is not exactly to identify, but to find the anime here in MAL
Some time ago, I saw a short OVA, I think it was called HIGAN or something like this, but I couldn't find.

The story was about 2 or 3 men using mecha suits fighting against a big panzer tank in a dark forest at night. They had night vision and moved fast but the tank killed at least 1 or 2 of the soldiers using the mechas.

That is it, if someone knows the correct name or the MAL entry for it, thanks.
Jun 23, 2017 5:12 PM
Nov 2016
Ok looking for an anime but I cant remember the name exactly. Im gonna try and explain so bare with me if you can. I remember only little.

But basically its this anime guy, sitting on a roof alone at night (Im sure with stars around) and he was a kid at the time im sure. Its a full moon and the little boy is singing and catches the eye of some special girl who then greets him..

Another thing I remember is that they are looking at each other in this field (Others are around) looks like some sort of base or school. Not sure but it was indeed white. Blah Blah Blah they agree to something. The guy and the girl (At this point he's matured)

If you know, thats awesome! If not, suggest things that might be it if you can! Thank you!
Jun 23, 2017 5:23 PM
Jun 23, 2017 8:02 PM

Mar 2016
maybe the anime thread would be better than the manga thread.

I mean, I personally at least mostly read
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2017 8:08 PM
Nov 2016
Ahh oops, didn't realize this was the manga z. Sorry
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (198) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best kind of relationship in anime?

IpreferEcchi - 5 hours ago

8 by Zarutaku »»
5 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

161 by Adnash »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » How much do you consume from the otaku world?

castle2001 - 9 hours ago

22 by tchitchouan »»
16 minutes ago

Poll: » slut vs prude waifus

deg - Yesterday

31 by LightWorker »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your most common reason for rewatching anime?

MeanMrMusician - 4 hours ago

13 by tchitchouan »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.