Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 18, 2017 3:07 PM
Apr 2016
Epicenter said:
This might be a bit ridiculous of me, but I really couldn't get over that part where she couldn't stand up properly because she didn't have glasses. It's like stories always go over the top with how completely inept someone becomes when they lose their glasses, it's not like like gravity and physics change for us when we don't have them.

Great episode. I sort of dislike characters like Souta who can't be happy for the success of others close to them and take happiness in their downfall, hell he sort of reminds me of Rem from Re:Zero, but I guess it's a personality trait many find relatable to them. I do find this anime very topical to current times though, or perhaps for our sort of communities, seeing them go through artists sites and stuff that reminds me of deviantart/tumblr/etc like conflicts around plagiarism and angry shitposters.

She messed up the "reality-comprehension" placement of her hand and the metal support the was thinking she is trying to grab, thus leading to an unintentional force of her body to drag her down instead of applying it on the support to let her stand up.
Please, this is not a middle school, do not make any of us decipher such basic concepts behind your own reality.
Re:formed
Jun 18, 2017 3:16 PM
Apr 2016
darksidemlz said:
Souta Pass is sad indeed, but really? You don't have an otaku friends in your school souta?really?
The flashback just give us a little explanation, my unsolved question
1.Is Souta the one who abandon Shimazaki or Shimazaki is the one who abandon souta
2.Why Souta fell guilty about Shimazaki dead? He trying to help right?
The community Bullying Shimazaki must be because of Altair, we clearly now that Altair is based from another creation
One Last Question
Is there a chance that the creation in festival gonna show up in real world?
From as far i know, there's 3 Creation that already show the figure and yet just making a cameo
1.Selesia Love Interest
2.Main Character 0f Magane Story
3.Main character of Meteora Video game

I hate to admit it, but those last three questions are simply undeniable - you are lost and wrong on every turn in regards to this series.
A love interest? There is there is zero indication that she has one. Does she undestand concepts of romantic love as written by Matsubara into her character? If anything it seems she is very fond of Matsubara, if I were to be extreme I would say she is slowly finding herself in somewhat mild romantic love with her own "creator". But not anything of sorts that you have assumed exists. Here, you made me use a word assume. You are awful as of now.
You have also assumed Magane is not a main character in the story she came from. Is there one? Is it not a twisted story written by an already deceased (literally met his own demise) author? Where there are 5 main character interacting with each other in pursuit of the story's integrity? See Occultic;Nine character list to see what "main character" may mean. YES, eventually more characters would appear from the stories. But not a "A main character of Magane's story".
Protagonist from a... game? From Meteora's game world? It IS YOU. IT IS EVERYONE. Other sages will appear, but *you* are already here. Both as the main character in Meteora's game world and Souta.
Jun 18, 2017 3:18 PM
Apr 2016
LobsterRyoma said:
To the people who are calling Sota a shithead and an asshole for what he did in the past:

Now do you understand why he didn't talk about it for 6 episodes? This kind of reaction is exactly why he wouldn't talk about it - he would get judged and viewed poorly because of it.

You've all just explained his reasons for hiding it.

You are completely right. The people you have mentioned are precisely the reason Shimazaki did the worst possible choice. But they are blind to it. It is our ardent wish for them to see the light until it is too late.
Jun 18, 2017 3:21 PM
Apr 2016
firemagnet said:

However wrong-headed his assumption of his guilt may be, it is relatively realistic. If your friend committed suicide and the last thing you did was essentially to cheer on people who were accusing her of plagiarism, how would you feel when you learned that they threw themselves in front of a train?

Not anything Souta felt for sure, alas.
Jun 18, 2017 3:36 PM

Nov 2012
Daniel_Naumov said:
Epicenter said:
This might be a bit ridiculous of me, but I really couldn't get over that part where she couldn't stand up properly because she didn't have glasses. It's like stories always go over the top with how completely inept someone becomes when they lose their glasses, it's not like like gravity and physics change for us when we don't have them.

Great episode. I sort of dislike characters like Souta who can't be happy for the success of others close to them and take happiness in their downfall, hell he sort of reminds me of Rem from Re:Zero, but I guess it's a personality trait many find relatable to them. I do find this anime very topical to current times though, or perhaps for our sort of communities, seeing them go through artists sites and stuff that reminds me of deviantart/tumblr/etc like conflicts around plagiarism and angry shitposters.

She messed up the "reality-comprehension" placement of her hand and the metal support the was thinking she is trying to grab, thus leading to an unintentional force of her body to drag her down instead of applying it on the support to let her stand up.
Please, this is not a middle school, do not make any of us decipher such basic concepts behind your own reality.

What are you even rambling on about? Why would she even fall forward when trying to grab something at her side(since that was only place support would be), why she'd need to grab at support for standing is beyond me in the first place, not an old lady. Hell she was pretty much standing already. If anything, I should of brought up the oddness that she can see with his glasses by luck like they have similar prescriptions, and he yet is able to see without them at the same time. Not only that, despite her downright terrible eyesight she managed to look at him and around without noticing she had lost her glasses until he told her.
Jaywalker.
Jun 18, 2017 3:37 PM
Jul 2014
Daniel_Naumov said:
bhfcs said:

I guess that's why I like him. He is a very realistic and relatable character.
I like to draw too, and I am still bad at it, and I often feel jealous about ppl who are much better than me, even more when it's a friend, so his backstory hit me a bit.

The whole series seems to be the most realistic concept of what would happen in "reality collisions" scenario. The people keep up amazing content quality that becomes less and less frequent and the "inter-dimensional" messages are straight and purposeful. You just need to posses the working decipher machine to fathom them, and ultimately take them in.
But Hiroyuki Sawano - indisputable genius. A pride of mine.

Smoku said:
Souta is so despicable and pathetic in every sense of the word. I hate him to bits. I just can't shake of the feeling that he's a mud stain on this anime, the biggest thing making it a somewhat fine anime instead of a pretty good one.
I'm rarely so disgusted with a main hero like I am now.

The series is precisely for you. If you keep looking at the moving pictures, you might finally see why you are wrong and what those drawn characters are trying to tell you from the other side of the screen.
Else, you are unreal. A deeply affected self-lier. Pick the right answer.

Aside from the adhominem, Daniel, I agree with you.

People hate Souta precisely because he acts like a real person whose self-esteem and concept of worth come from how good others think his art is; for reasons unknown he has no friends, or has chosen not to make any. This is very realistic (but not entirely realistic), and Setsuna is also (sadly) depicted realistically. They're two-of-a-kind and seeing them mesh like that was wonderful.

Sadly, this series will underperform in the ratings because 1) it's not generic shonen heroes and 2) Fate Apocrypha premieres on July 1, which means that Fate will run over Re:Creators like that train ran over Shimazaki Yuuna.

Jun 18, 2017 3:43 PM
Jul 2014
Daniel_Naumov said:
darksidemlz said:
Souta Pass is sad indeed, but really? You don't have an otaku friends in your school souta?really?
1.Is Souta the one who abandon Shimazaki or Shimazaki is the one who abandon souta
The community Bullying Shimazaki must be because of Altair, we clearly now that Altair is based from another creation
One Last Question
From as far i know, there's 3 Creation that already show the figure and yet just making a cameo
1.Selesia Love Interest

I hate to admit it, but those last three questions are simply undeniable - you are lost and wrong on every turn in regards to this series.
A love interest? There is there is zero indication that she has one. Does she undestand concepts of romantic love as written by Matsubara into her character? If anything it seems she is very fond of Matsubara, if I were to be extreme I would say she is slowly finding herself in somewhat mild romantic love with her own "creator". But not anything of sorts that you have assumed exists. Here, you made me use a word assume. You are awful as of now.
You have also assumed Magane is not a main character in the story she came from. Is there one? Is it not a twisted story written by an already deceased (literally met his own demise) author? Where there are 5 main character interacting with each other in pursuit of the story's integrity? See Occultic;Nine character list to see what "main character" may mean. YES, eventually more characters would appear from the stories. But not a "A main character of Magane's story".
Protagonist from a... game? From Meteora's game world? It IS YOU. IT IS EVERYONE. Other sages will appear, but *you* are already here. Both as the main character in Meteora's game world and Souta.

Daniel, chill out.

1.Charon, the main character of Matsuabara's work, is in fact Selesia's love interest, according to the backstory of Vogelchevalier.

2. No idea on this one. How do you define a "hero" who should have no persona?

3. Makes logical sense for the main hero of "Record of the Night-window Demon" to show up to counter Magane. He's essentially the only one who can stop her, since that's the purpose he was designed for.

I haven't heard anything about the 4th character to be summoned, but I really wouldn't be surprised if Mamika shows up again.
Jun 18, 2017 4:19 PM
Apr 2016
I am not chilling for my ardent wish is for all of us to be pure again and until that happens I am all flame and flashes!
Daniel_NaumovJun 18, 2017 4:25 PM
Jun 18, 2017 4:31 PM
Apr 2013
His guilt is so bullcrap. I honestly thought he was her friend who turned on her and joined with the trolls to shitpost her because of his jealousy.

Ain't did nothing = "I killed her", like, wtf? That leap of logic is way beyond what the suspension of disbelief could afford here.
Jun 18, 2017 4:45 PM
Jun 2017
Good Episode. Things are getting little darker
Jun 18, 2017 5:09 PM
Jul 2014
Daniel_Naumov said:
I am not chilling for my ardent wish is for all of us to be pure again and until that happens I am all flame and flashes!

That makes no sense.
Jun 18, 2017 5:16 PM
Jul 2012
darksidemlz said:
One Last Question
1.Selesia Love Interest

I am pretty sure that Avalken has no main character because it was meant to be the player itself (self insert), so the third option is out of question.

The second option looks like the most possible and most interesting since it's the one that has the most to add to the plot, like hell! They are really in need of someone capable to handle Magane! They can't do much against her at their current status now that she also has Yuuya's powers.
Jun 18, 2017 6:34 PM

Aug 2015
So all the precious cinnamon buns in this show are to pure for this world. Got it.
Jun 18, 2017 7:25 PM
Jul 2014
_Kairu_ said:
So all the precious cinnamon buns in this show are to pure for this world. Got it.

I'm sorry, I don't get the reference.
Jun 18, 2017 8:03 PM

Oct 2013
Someone should have recorded the whole story and mail it to Altair. Maybe She'll bring Donovan from Berserk to give Sota some punishment!

Defending her friend online is a stupid idea...but ffs, he had her number, a fucking message would have been helpful

maybe a call
"hey, Shinozaki, people are being mean to you, but, don't take it personal, they're just trolls, let's hang out and eat some tendies to cheer you up!"

but no, fucker stood there laughting at her demise.
Jun 18, 2017 8:34 PM

Aug 2015
firemagnet said:
_Kairu_ said:

I'm sorry, I don't get the reference.
Two of the most softspoken characters in this show IMO are dead.
Jun 18, 2017 9:21 PM
Nov 2012
Figured out my issue with the show. It has some serious alnoah zero vibes with the music. And god is that traumatic.
Jun 18, 2017 9:32 PM

Dec 2010
Daniel_Naumov said:

Smoku said:
Souta is so despicable and pathetic in every sense of the word. I hate him to bits. I just can't shake of the feeling that he's a mud stain on this anime, the biggest thing making it a somewhat fine anime instead of a pretty good one.
I'm rarely so disgusted with a main hero like I am now.

The series is precisely for you. If you keep looking at the moving pictures, you might finally see why you are wrong and what those drawn characters are trying to tell you from the other side of the screen.

Not everyone are a loser constantly filled with such traits as he is. The series is nowhere near for me. Don't look down on me. No need to measure me judging by a single post about an anime that's nowhere near world top 10 or anything.
I, like every human, indeed am a mix of good and bad traits, often despicable, as every human, but never, I repeat: never, under any circumstances I would act or think like Souta.
Now if the message is "human beings are pathetic little creatures, weak and prone to evil", well thanks. Nothing new discovered. If the message is "You are the main hero of your life, as complicated as it can be. You can deal with it's hardships in your own way", again nothing especially new or educating. But appreciated.

Again I'll say: NOT everyone are as rotten and weak as Souta in real life. And this goes without saying "there are a few limited people "better" than him", no. There's a ton of people better than him.
Jun 19, 2017 12:39 AM
Apr 2016
Smoku said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Not everyone are a loser constantly filled with such traits as he is. The series is nowhere near for me. Don't look down on me. No need to measure me judging by a single post about an anime that's nowhere near world top 10 or anything.
I, like every human, indeed am a mix of good and bad traits, often despicable, as every human, but never, I repeat: never, under any circumstances I would act or think like Souta.
Now if the message is "human beings are pathetic little creatures, weak and prone to evil", well thanks. Nothing new discovered. If the message is "You are the main hero of your life, as complicated as it can be. You can deal with it's hardships in your own way", again nothing especially new or educating. But appreciated.

Again I'll say: NOT everyone are as rotten and weak as Souta in real life. And this goes without saying "there are a few limited people "better" than him", no. There's a ton of people better than him.

Then try to remember yourself in around his age when it happened (15-16) and try to draw the parallels of what happened here, in Japanese society, and how were you part of what was going on in yours. You seem to be an ultimately "good" human being, except you lack compassion, coming from every (and all) of your "post about an anime that's nowhere near world top 10 or anything.".
Jun 19, 2017 6:19 AM

Jul 2016
It seems there something more in Souta's revelation for the next episode. Though if really Shimazaki didn't plagiarize, then those who made false accusations to her must be really envious of her work. Maybe her kind of of personality is too fragile and a friend of her didn't whiteknighted her, that made her depressed and commit suicide. But before it, because of her depression she create a final art that consisted her feelings, anger and sadness, cause she seems like someone can't talk back to them directly, so instead she said it through an art. That's why Altair's character wants to destroy the world. My thought's Souta, yeah it's really annoying af that he didn't tried to help Shimazaki, though I think its pretty reasonable for him to that, cause she's also as timid as Shimazaki and also he's a middle schooler who had no friends to talk to, so expecting him to talk back to those who're false accusing Shimazaki is unreasonable.

Kanoya was pretty cool on this episode, his word of wisdom did a great help on man up Souta to tell the truth.
cronoSpirAJun 19, 2017 6:32 AM
Jun 19, 2017 8:21 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
After last weeks fierce battle it looks like Altair is upping her game then. Its a good thing that they managed to get both Meteora and Selestia to the hospital in time though. Their injuries. Even if they are creations from another world they are after all still human. Mamika's death has taught us that they too can die despite having impressive combat skills. It looks like given time both will be able to recover. But im kinda glad that with the governments backing that they get access to the best medical facilities available to them though. So Yuuya not only just lost to Magane but also lost his power as well eh. Given that both are friends of her Marine will no doubt will worried sick about them. Its interesting to note to see how different people are when we have deadlines though. Lol Rui's response to deadlines being that important though. Its nice to see Selestia finally wake up though. Her injuries really did look grave though. Matsubara must have been worried sick about her though. Its nice seeing how much his character has been developed though and how much his attitude towards Selestia has changed as well. Its's just like Selestia to care for her allies first before herself though. Hmm it seems that Selestia has learnt to be humble in this world though. Its nice seeing both Selestia and Matsubara both be humble towards each other though. Both after all have a stake in this war after all. The power of the internet combined with the power of the people really can be amazing sometimes. Who knew that just by liking the new design would actually create that for Selestia though. But i guess a story won't be one without people liking it and sharing it. This is the power of this world though. Its nice that Selestia and Matsubara were able to have this talk though. Its not every day that you get to speak with someone that was created from you and exists in a world that you created as well. Great opportunity to use for feedback as well lol. Still creating stories that can be learned and spread by the people that live in Selestia's world will be a good thing for them i think. It seems that as a result of knowing Selestia personally Matubara seems to be feeling regret that he made her world so bleak. Hmm so it seems that Rui loves to eat when outside of battle lol. Its nice that Souta and Rui had the opportunity to chat though. They never really got the chance to interact much with each other before. That last battle must have been surprising to Rui as well as its not every day that you get to fight a mirror version of your own mecha. Even for Rui who's usually cheerful things look pretty bad to him as well eh. Its nice to see that Rui is at least trying his best to cheer Souta up after hearing whats been bothering him though.

Lol whats the best thing to do when you are feeling down and have a friend that has a mecha. To go for a high speed drive in the mecha in the upper atmosphere of course. The adrenaline and the excitement i think will help deal with any lingering worries quite easily. Hmm with that kind of view i guess there really is no point in worrying about something that you can't change. So Rui deals with his worries by powering up into the sky eh. Nice to see that by coming to this world Rui's character and personality really has improved as well. My initial impression of him was that he was a person that resented his duty and knew only war and not how to relax but seeing the change in him now is surprising. Rui's advice for Souta was pretty good though. Instead of worrying about the past do what you can in the present to help people advance instead. Rui is surprisingly intelligent though and has a clear idea of the roles that he's good at and what creators like Souta should do. The biggest advantage that creators have is that they can choose their own path and create their own paths as well. As such Souta should be free to chart the path that he should take and not be restrained by the past. Its nice to see that Meteora and Selestia have managed to wake up though but they will no doubt need some time to recover from their injuries. Hmm Souta finally had the courage to tell everyone the true story of Altair's creator and how his actions led to her death. I like how they used a sort of flashback to show how Souta actually met Altairs eventual creator and how their relationship eventually turned sour. Hmm an image board eh. So that was where they actually met then. Considering both were artists i guess this will be a appropriate place for them to meet. Setsuna's drawings though were actually really good and detailed. In a way Setsuna was Souta's first real friend that shared his interests. You can see that both enjoyed his others work and cared for each other. Hmm so Setsuna was actually a girl eh and a really cute one too. It looks like they had similar personalities as well being nervous around people and preferring to communicate over the net. But im like that too so lol. Hmm so it seems that Souta and Yuna got pretty close despite just meeting each other. Hmm Setsuna was both cute and pretty kind and caring eh. Seeing her now in the flesh really makes me sad on what later happened to her though. And i can also see why they got so close so quickly. Which made the last part of the anime more painful to watch though. Hmm to think that because she's so good that people started accusing her of copying others work though. Humans though can be such pitiful creatures. While i can understand why Souta didn't help her im still kinda angry at him because of what his inaction ultimately caused though.

Well its nice that Souta was finally brave enough to tell the truth after Rui and Meteora's talks. The next thing is how the others would see him now after hearing this. This was quite an interesting episode that expanded on not just Souta but also revealed to not just us but also to the cast his painful past with Altairs creator Shimazaki. I also liked how they also expanded a lot on Rui's character as well.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2017 8:24 AM

Apr 2016
Kanoya mvp, thank you for giving Souta a wake up call...

I feel that the series might be starting to get back on track from here, hopefully :) glad Souta finally came out with what happened... although not as dark as I thought it would be. I imagined him having more direct involvement.

-~~- Meduka, become meguca -~~- being Meguca is suffering... -~~-
Jun 19, 2017 10:21 AM
Apr 2016
Shingster said:
After last weeks fierce battle it looks like Altair is upping her game then. Its a good thing that they managed to get both Meteora and Selestia to the hospital in time though. Their injuries. Even if they are creations from another world they are after all still human. Mamika's death has taught us that they too can die despite having impressive combat skills. It looks like given time both will be able to recover. But im kinda glad that with the governments backing that they get access to the best medical facilities available to them though. So Yuuya not only just lost to Magane but also lost his power as well eh. Given that both are friends of her Marine will no doubt will worried sick about them. Its interesting to note to see how different people are when we have deadlines though. Lol Rui's response to deadlines being that important though. Its nice to see Selestia finally wake up though. Her injuries really did look grave though. Matsubara must have been worried sick about her though. Its nice seeing how much his character has been developed though and how much his attitude towards Selestia has changed as well. Its's just like Selestia to care for her allies first before herself though. Hmm it seems that Selestia has learnt to be humble in this world though. Its nice seeing both Selestia and Matsubara both be humble towards each other though. Both after all have a stake in this war after all. The power of the internet combined with the power of the people really can be amazing sometimes. Who knew that just by liking the new design would actually create that for Selestia though. But i guess a story won't be one without people liking it and sharing it. This is the power of this world though. Its nice that Selestia and Matsubara were able to have this talk though. Its not every day that you get to speak with someone that was created from you and exists in a world that you created as well. Great opportunity to use for feedback as well lol. Still creating stories that can be learned and spread by the people that live in Selestia's world will be a good thing for them i think. It seems that as a result of knowing Selestia personally Matubara seems to be feeling regret that he made her world so bleak. Hmm so it seems that Rui loves to eat when outside of battle lol. Its nice that Souta and Rui had the opportunity to chat though. They never really got the chance to interact much with each other before. That last battle must have been surprising to Rui as well as its not every day that you get to fight a mirror version of your own mecha. Even for Rui who's usually cheerful things look pretty bad to him as well eh. Its nice to see that Rui is at least trying his best to cheer Souta up after hearing whats been bothering him though.

Lol whats the best thing to do when you are feeling down and have a friend that has a mecha. To go for a high speed drive in the mecha in the upper atmosphere of course. The adrenaline and the excitement i think will help deal with any lingering worries quite easily. Hmm with that kind of view i guess there really is no point in worrying about something that you can't change. So Rui deals with his worries by powering up into the sky eh. Nice to see that by coming to this world Rui's character and personality really has improved as well. My initial impression of him was that he was a person that resented his duty and knew only war and not how to relax but seeing the change in him now is surprising. Rui's advice for Souta was pretty good though. Instead of worrying about the past do what you can in the present to help people advance instead. Rui is surprisingly intelligent though and has a clear idea of the roles that he's good at and what creators like Souta should do. The biggest advantage that creators have is that they can choose their own path and create their own paths as well. As such Souta should be free to chart the path that he should take and not be restrained by the past. Its nice to see that Meteora and Selestia have managed to wake up though but they will no doubt need some time to recover from their injuries. Hmm Souta finally had the courage to tell everyone the true story of Altair's creator and how his actions led to her death. I like how they used a sort of flashback to show how Souta actually met Altairs eventual creator and how their relationship eventually turned sour. Hmm an image board eh. So that was where they actually met then. Considering both were artists i guess this will be a appropriate place for them to meet. Setsuna's drawings though were actually really good and detailed. In a way Setsuna was Souta's first real friend that shared his interests. You can see that both enjoyed his others work and cared for each other. Hmm so Setsuna was actually a girl eh and a really cute one too. It looks like they had similar personalities as well being nervous around people and preferring to communicate over the net. But im like that too so lol. Hmm so it seems that Souta and Yuna got pretty close despite just meeting each other. Hmm Setsuna was both cute and pretty kind and caring eh. Seeing her now in the flesh really makes me sad on what later happened to her though. And i can also see why they got so close so quickly. Which made the last part of the anime more painful to watch though. Hmm to think that because she's so good that people started accusing her of copying others work though. Humans though can be such pitiful creatures. While i can understand why Souta didn't help her im still kinda angry at him because of what his inaction ultimately caused though.

Well its nice that Souta was finally brave enough to tell the truth after Rui and Meteora's talks. The next thing is how the others would see him now after hearing this. This was quite an interesting episode that expanded on not just Souta but also revealed to not just us but also to the cast his painful past with Altairs creator Shimazaki. I also liked how they also expanded a lot on Rui's character as well.

There is PRECISELY zero reason to write all what happened in the episode ON A DISCUSSION FORUM. You are supposed to express yourself, not what you have seen on the screen. Use Explanation (or Interpetation, if you are leaning THAT way).
Jun 19, 2017 11:26 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015

Lol sorry its always been a problem of mine in that i like to write a lot when i review episodes.

Daniel_Naumov said:
Shingster said:

There is PRECISELY zero reason to write all what happened in the episode ON A DISCUSSION FORUM. You are supposed to express yourself, not what you have seen on the screen. Use Explanation (or Interpetation, if you are leaning THAT way).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2017 12:12 PM

Aug 2015
really good parent and son talk between selesia and matsubara, with the Rui and Sota talk being one of the highlights of this episode, Is this kind of conversations that make this show so enjoyable to watch.

We finally get the backstory of sota and the reason to his actions and tbh it´s understandable why he didn´t talk earlier, although it seems next episode will continue the backstory. There are some glimpse about what happen and probably the final reason for her suicide some episodes ago, so I don´t know if they will show it again
Jun 19, 2017 12:28 PM

Jan 2016
I'm glad Sota found the courage to talk about it.
I'm glad he's trying to find a way to repent for it.
I'm not happy that he blames himself for her death. If jealousy could kill a person, then we wouldn't overpopulate.
I'm glad Sota is such a normal person, like everyone else and had the bad luck of something of that magnitude happening to a close friend of his. That really must've cut into him like a knife through butter.

Hope he can hold on to that courage and do whatever it is he can do.

Go Sota!
~~People who mostly ignore your existence... They are in no position to assess you.~~
Jun 19, 2017 1:39 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Well it's a bout time Sota told everyone the truth. Overall good episode imo.
Jun 19, 2017 1:50 PM

Jan 2017
Ah, finally got to watch this. And it was worth watching for sure. Souta's story proved what I suspected. Still, there is more to come, since the episode ended before he finished his confessions. However, I'm sure we already heard Souta's "crime" to its full extent. Him (literally) murdering Shimazaki would be illogical given his character and the nature of his confession. He probably felt so close to her that not defending her seemed like killing her to him.
Jun 19, 2017 2:22 PM
Jul 2014
AntwanMantilla said:
Well it's a bout time Sota told everyone the truth. Overall good episode imo.

And, to back it up, from episode 1 (note: the image is flipped)

If you watch episode 1 in slow motion, you can see her get sucked under the train (along with the corresponding wet "splat" sound)
Jun 19, 2017 3:15 PM
Apr 2013
They could have killed off vanilla Magane so easily if they had just put on earplugs when they fought her.
Jun 19, 2017 4:03 PM
Jul 2014
Deathsaurus said:
They could have killed off vanilla Magane so easily if they had just put on earplugs when they fought her.

Something tells me that Magane will join the alliance to further her own motives, then backstab everybody at the last minute.
Jun 19, 2017 4:10 PM

Mar 2009
What was the point of Magane saying Part 1 has ended when we started this episode almost exactly where the last one left off? lol
I thought we'd maybe get some kind of time-skip, or even a break this week. Magane trolling, I guess!

I don't entirely blame Sota for the girl's death. He said he could have made it worse if he defended her online, which probably would have happened. I think he should have tried to contact her directly, though. Maybe shown some support or reached out to her. That would have been nice, at least.
At any rate, he acted human.
Jun 19, 2017 4:13 PM

Nov 2016
This episode showed the darker side of Sota, which makes him look more real imo. Would be cool if the writers turn this into an opportunity to give his character also some kind of development. Would really appreciate that.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 19, 2017 6:46 PM
Mar 2017
Everyone is kinda talking about Sota's revalation which was amazing and super relatable but i just want to acknowledge that beginning scene with Selesia and her creator for a sec. I think its kinda cool that you can see parts of his character in Selesia as a character. I know if I was a writer I'd probably write myself in cause i know me best 😜. In any case, its a subtle detail but i think it adds some much needed depth to these two characters
Jun 19, 2017 7:36 PM
Jul 2012
Matsubara is the best character on te creators side.
Jun 19, 2017 9:21 PM
Jul 2014
bhfcs said:
Matsubara is the best character on te creators side.

With respect to the creators, sure. However we should note that none of the other creators (other than Souta) have really been fleshed out or shown to interact with their characters in any sustained way.
Jun 20, 2017 4:10 AM
Jan 2016
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
lol so not only did she kill herself because she got "cyberbullied" but Sota is really dumb enough to think that he could've whiteknighted for her and saved her.

I like this show but both of these things are fucking stupid.

What's so stupid about it? There are real life examples of kids who commit suicide because of cyberbullying (Ryan Halligan apparently being the first attributed case), Japan's youth suicide rate is pretty damn high, and people who had friends commit suicide do beat themselves up thinking they could have saved them if they did something different (even when it's obvious they couldn't have).

I mean, sure, Souta is infuriatingly useless, but - and I'm going to rustle some jimmies here - that's what kids his age are, particularly when they grow up in a pampered environment with no real hardships or challenges to force them to mature faster.
Jun 20, 2017 6:53 AM
Apr 2016
MysteriousBanana said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
lol so not only did she kill herself because she got "cyberbullied" but Sota is really dumb enough to think that he could've whiteknighted for her and saved her.

I like this show but both of these things are fucking stupid.

What's so stupid about it? There are real life examples of kids who commit suicide because of cyberbullying (Ryan Halligan apparently being the first attributed case), Japan's youth suicide rate is pretty damn high, and people who had friends commit suicide do beat themselves up thinking they could have saved them if they did something different (even when it's obvious they couldn't have).

I mean, sure, Souta is infuriatingly useless, but - and I'm going to rustle some jimmies here - that's what kids his age are, particularly when they grow up in a pampered environment with no real hardships or challenges to force them to mature faster.

He has probably heard about it on the internet only (which Is the same for me, thankfully), but refuses to believe wanna-be-suiciders can be reinstated mentally via friendly support, I guess?
He called a kid dumb because the kid wanted to help his friend when she was slandered. Sounds inhumane. Oh wait, it is.
Jun 20, 2017 8:55 AM

Oct 2013
Weakest episode yet for me, obviously cuz it's a Souta focused episode. Granted, it was probably necessary so glad we got it out of the way...better not be more than this though.
Jun 20, 2017 9:19 AM

Jun 2013
Hot damn showing your true color hurts just by watching. Souta you sick fuk
Jealousy can be solved by "I will improve and beat you!"
But this, satisfied because his rival(friend) getting bullied is sickening
Jun 20, 2017 10:00 AM
Mar 2009
This series is why, I love (some types of) Anime. It can address real-world issues in an indirect manner, and provide an opportunity for people to not only reflect on their own personality and social situation, but also, for taking constructive action to develop positive traits and learn "life lessons" the easy way, from a story rather than from personal loss.

I have enjoyed reading the conversation back and forth, because I have seen a lot of people show that they want to do better in the real world, or will do better in the real world, than they might have been consciously aware of before this discussion.

Being consciously aware of how much you can do, is important in real life... and in this era, they are too many subversive forces trying to make everyone "give up hope and focus on harm", so I am glad that your focus is on making hope real.

My own opinion of the main (Souta) aside, dealing with grief, with is always difficult, no matter how young/old. It warps your emotions and can damage your mind, even if you had nothing at all to do with it...

In any case, I like this series because it focuses on complicated social situations which has real-life parallels.

Some young people do have compassion, despite circumstances... I disagree that we should "let people off the hook" because they are young, or that we should blame environment. Rather, we should find a way to help compensate for environment... and I honestly believe, that even if it might not be ideal or the main purpose, series like this do help, and can help more.

One of the themes that the stories shows is the power of stories, and indeed, for much of human history, most writing was not specific, it was more, mythological. In other words, the point was not to record facts, but to pass along wisdom by making myths which were only loosely based on facts.

After all, it should be more useful to know how to prevent a war, than to know the exact date that a war started.

Jun 20, 2017 10:55 AM

Sep 2011
Daniel_Naumov said:
MysteriousBanana said:

He has probably heard about it on the internet only (which Is the same for me, thankfully), but refuses to believe wanna-be-suiciders can be reinstated mentally via friendly support, I guess?
He called a kid dumb because the kid wanted to help his friend when she was slandered. Sounds inhumane. Oh wait, it is.

I called Sota dumb because he assumes he's so important that him white knighting would fix her mental issues and save her. It's narcissistic to the nth degree.

And while I do feel bad for the girl with the mental issues I do think it was dumb of her to just off herself instead of just ignoring the flamers.
Jun 20, 2017 2:13 PM

Apr 2014
Eleven episodes to go.
Jun 20, 2017 5:47 PM

Aug 2015
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

I called Sota dumb because he assumes he's so important that him white knighting would fix her mental issues and save her. It's narcissistic to the nth degree.

And while I do feel bad for the girl with the mental issues I do think it was dumb of her to just off herself instead of just ignoring the flamers.

Girls off themselves or cut themselves for far less in reality and you're here saying that the world bullying her and her dear friend abandoning her and cheering for her bullies is stupid?

And you don't need a "reason" (from your own pov) to do it when you're depressed. You clearly don't know enough of the world.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Jun 20, 2017 6:41 PM

Jan 2013
This show started as a potential AOTY to a boring predictable cringefest. Took 11 episodes for Sota to reveal Altair's creator to everyone. Only thing left is for them to stop Altair and that's it. Disappointing.

Jun 20, 2017 8:21 PM

Sep 2011
Tony_SansNom said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

Girls off themselves or cut themselves for far less in reality and you're here saying that the world bullying her and her dear friend abandoning her and cheering for her bullies is stupid?

And you don't need a "reason" (from your own pov) to do it when you're depressed. You clearly don't know enough of the world.

I'm saying Sota's line of thought is stupid. Thinking you can just swoop in and say some nice words to the meanie pants online will solve all of your friend's problems is extremely narcissistic.

Not sure where you got your little "reason" line from since it has nothing to do with what I said but yes, killing yourself no matter what circumstances or reasons you have is stupid.
Jun 20, 2017 9:31 PM
Jul 2012
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Tony_SansNom said:

I'm saying Sota's line of thought is stupid. Thinking you can just swoop in and say some nice words to the meanie pants online will solve all of your friend's problems is extremely narcissistic.

I don't think he feels guilty just for this, but for having completely abandoned her when she most needed plus the satisfaction feeling about she being moraly degradeted.

I have to agree that suicide is a stupid thing to do no matter what, but it's still a very realistic scenario...
Jun 20, 2017 9:39 PM

Aug 2015
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

You are self-assuming and self-centered. This is your point of view when in reality things work differently. Forcing the thought that everyone has to think or feel like you is also a side of narcissism because it means you believe that you're absolutely right.

Jun 20, 2017 9:44 PM

Sep 2011
Tony_SansNom said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

You are self-assuming and self-centered. This is your point of view when in reality things work differently. Forcing the thought that everyone has to think or feel like you is also a side of narcissism because it means you believe that you're absolutely right.

Bro, quit talking to that pile of straw. I'm over here.
Jun 20, 2017 9:47 PM

Aug 2015
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Tony_SansNom said:

Bro, quit talking to that pile of straw. I'm over here.

A pile of straw eh? Well, whatever...

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

400 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 7, 1:52 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

236 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 4, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

122 by KirinMeta2 »»
Apr 3, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2017

306 by AndrersVonPanda »»
Mar 3, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Is Altair the most powerful anime character we have seen yet in any anime? (spoiler) ( 1 2 3 4 )

LelouchXLuluko - Sep 4, 2017

169 by Raptors0verlord »»
Jan 28, 6:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.