Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 17, 2017 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well of course Selestia wouldn't die. She survived and is resting so I hope she'll get better.

Kinda interesting to see the mecha guy getting along with Sota.
Sota should try to make things right rather than feel guilty about some of the recent events. In terms of pacing, we got a more storytelling episode and focusing more on Sota and Setsuna.
Stark700Jun 17, 2017 8:47 AM
Jun 17, 2017 8:44 AM
Jul 2014
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Well of course Celestia wouldn't die. She survived and is resting so I hope she'll get better.

Kinda interesting to see the mecha guy getting along with Sota.
Sota should try to make things right rather than feel guilty about some of the recent events. In terms of pacing, we got a more storytelling episode and focusing more on Sota and Setsuna.

I managed to see the end. Definitely getting into the meat of the series here, where Sota's relationship to Altair and Setsuna is finally explained.
Jun 17, 2017 11:10 AM

Jul 2014
Well we sure went to dark edgy territory fast. Setsuna was such a cutie, you damn fucked up Sota.
Jun 17, 2017 1:11 PM

Jun 2013
The darker the better c:
Jun 17, 2017 1:19 PM
Nov 2011
I already watched the RAW, for some reason the subbed version is delayed. My Japanese lessons are paying off, but seriously I think Re:Creators is more difficult to understand than Seikaisuru Kado, too many big words.

Dayum Souta fucked up big time with Shimazaki, no wonder he can't talk about it
Jun 17, 2017 1:55 PM
Feb 2016
Wait so this anime has manga/novel and their story is farther than this?
Jun 17, 2017 2:09 PM
Jul 2014
Exmover said:
Wait so this anime has manga/novel and their story is farther than this?

No. It's a standard disclaimer. Re:Creators is an anime original, though there is a spinoff manga under serialization. I don't think anyone has licensed or scanlated it though.
Jun 17, 2017 2:55 PM

Feb 2017
Not about 11 episode
But
How do you think
Is Mamika's Resurrection Possible?
Jun 17, 2017 3:01 PM
May 2017
Well, I haven't watched much of the show yet. Waiting until all episodes are out.

I think that Meteora will break down and cry far into the series.
Jun 17, 2017 3:20 PM

Jun 2010
So, being completely unable to understand Japanese, that last segment looked like... And maybe someone can confirm for me if they understood what was being said, but does Souta think Setsuna killed her self because he wouldn't White Knight for her on the internet and defend her from internet haters?
Jun 17, 2017 4:26 PM
Jun 2017
neonie said:
So, being completely unable to understand Japanese, that last segment looked like... And maybe someone can confirm for me if they understood what was being said, but does Souta think Setsuna killed her self because he wouldn't White Knight for her on the internet and defend her from internet haters?

It's more like she wouldn't have killed herself if I had defended her, but I think you're mostly right, I guess the writers went for this more convoluted route since otherwise his character won't be redeemable (the others would probably take a dim view of him bullying someone to death directly), now he's just a "it's not your fault" away from an easy redemption.
Jun 17, 2017 4:57 PM
Jul 2014
neonie said:

Something like that. I couldn't make it out myself, but that's essentially it. The information we knew from before already suggested that she was fragile and subject to emotional swings, but Souta betraying her was the last straw. As we can see from the episode, his own work was, to put it bluntly, middling at best. His own artbook shows that he was actually improving, but he felt stuck while she was getting official connections. He felt left-behind and betrayed in his own way. So he lashed out. In doing so, Setsuna--already a recluse--lost her only friend.

It seems that shortly thereafter, Setsuna Shimazaki published Altair: World Etude as a rhetorical "are you not entertained?" to her critics, incorporating all the features her "haters" thought that such a character should have--chuuni tendencies, ridiculous powers, etc. Judging by her previous artwork, which incorporated lots of bright colors, and peaceful settings, Altair was intended to be nothing less than the avatar of Setsuna's revenge; a final "fuck you" to the world which, she felt, had rejected her--a lasting proof of her existence.

I believe that what happened afterwards was this:

We already know from episode 3 that a creator imparts significant information when creating something, based upon the conversation between Marine and Meteora. It should not be too much of a logical jump to suggest that emotions could be imparted as well.

Which may be exactly what Setsuna did with Altair--imparting to her all of her negative emotions, and thereby removing her narrative yoke.

It's also a very easy conclusion to make that Setuna's suicide was the direct catalyst for Altair being able to make it to the "real" world.
Jun 17, 2017 5:32 PM

Aug 2015
firemagnet said:
neonie said:

Something like that. I couldn't make it out myself, but that's essentially it. The information we knew from before already suggested that she was fragile and subject to emotional swings, but Souta betraying her was the last straw. As we can see from the episode, his own work was, to put it bluntly, middling at best. His own artbook shows that he was actually improving, but he felt stuck while she was getting official connections. He felt left-behind and betrayed in his own way. So he lashed out. In doing so, Setsuna--already a recluse--lost her only friend.

It seems that shortly thereafter, Setsuna Shimazaki published Altair: World Etude as a rhetorical "are you not entertained?" to her critics, incorporating all the features her "haters" thought that such a character should have--chuuni tendencies, ridiculous powers, etc. Judging by her previous artwork, which incorporated lots of bright colors, and peaceful settings, Altair was intended to be nothing less than the avatar of Setsuna's revenge; a final "fuck you" to the world which, she felt, had rejected her--a lasting proof of her existence.

I believe that what happened afterwards was this:

We already know from episode 3 that a creator imparts significant information when creating something, based upon the conversation between Marine and Meteora. It should not be too much of a logical jump to suggest that emotions could be imparted as well.

Which may be exactly what Setsuna did with Altair--imparting to her all of her negative emotions, and thereby removing her narrative yoke.

It's also a very easy conclusion to make that Setuna's suicide was the direct catalyst for Altair being able to make it to the "real" world.

That's a great, concise way to describe Altair's origins.
Jun 17, 2017 5:36 PM

May 2015
Finally we now know the full story behind Setsuna's suicide. Gotta say that Sota fucked up pretty bad there.

Nov 2015
Zethus_Thorne96 said:
Well, I haven't watched much of the show yet. Waiting until all episodes are out.

I think that Meteora will break down and cry far into the series.

It will take a lot to break her,

Jun 2015
I'm glad Selestia is okay. Sota had a nice talk with Rui. Got to see how Sota met Setsuna and the events after that. She got more popular than him and started to feel a lot of distance between them. He wanted to defend her when people were accusing her without proof, but he couldn't. He thought he would do more harm than good. Because of that, he feels guilty for her death. He messed up bad.
Jun 17, 2017 5:51 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Yeah, Sota is a fucking asshole. That's pretty fucked up, you didn't even try.

Did Setsuna actually plagiarize or was it baseless rumours?
Jun 17, 2017 5:58 PM

Apr 2014
I do not know if I should feel pity or rage towards Sota. I am mad/upset that he did not talk about it a long time ago. But I am glad to see his stupidity to start speaking out.
Jun 17, 2017 6:00 PM
Jan 2017
The reveal wasn't over the top and overly edgy as I feared. So that's good. The show keeps holding itself together so well whenever you think it's a make or break moment before going into an episode.

I don't know if Souta is a giant piece of shit or he is being too harsh on himself. Setsuna clinged to her but never opened up with her real problems. On the other hand Souta wasn't there for her when she clearly needed someone to talk. It's sad that it had to go where it did.
Jun 17, 2017 6:02 PM
Jul 2018
Wait so he was paralysed to the core, afraid of being bullied, then turns out he enjoys watching people bully others.

Wat.
Jun 17, 2017 6:04 PM

Dec 2016
Selesia did well to recover considering she had a big hole through her stomach.

About time Souta explained everything.
Jun 17, 2017 6:04 PM
Apr 2012
I don't understand people here questioning Sota. What happens if the people who accused Selestia turn on Sota. Who here would honestly put on risk their own carreer for someone they met not too long ago?

I'm not saying Sota couldn't have found a different way to help, but complaining that he didn't do what he was scared to do in the anime is a joke.

I'm sure many will come hard at my post and deny it and blah blah blah say no, I will definitely post, but in reality would all of you do as the tough ass you act like on forums? I doubt it really.
flackJun 17, 2017 6:10 PM
Jun 17, 2017 6:06 PM

Jun 2014
Finally, Souta revealed the truth about Altair's origins and we also learned the details that led to Setsuna killing herself.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 17, 2017 6:15 PM
Jul 2014
Gqz said:
Wait so he was paralysed to the core, afraid of being bullied, then turns out he enjoys watching people bully others.

Wat.

Important to note that we've only got half of the information. Specifically, the subtitles for the episode indicate that she was accused of plagiarism and he did nothing to stop it; indeed, he didn't intervene because some small part of him felt she needed some form of comeuppance for succeeding where he had failed. Yet even with the information provided, there is no catalyst for Shimazaki Yuna to commit suicide here. He must have done something very direct and very personal for her to see suicide as the only way out.
Jun 17, 2017 6:16 PM

Aug 2013
Sota messed up big time. Jealousy is an ugly thing. At least he explained his relationship with Setsuna. About time.

Kanoya gave a nice talk to Sota. The even managed to connect. But Yuuya still feeling down though. Guess we'll have to wait for an explanation in how Magane was able to steal his ability.

I really hope Sota gets a major character development. I just don't like the way he is right now.

Jun 17, 2017 6:36 PM

Apr 2013
So predictable... so boring... wasting so much screen time on something i'd consider as cliche... but i guess it has to be done since they kept foreshadowing it but did they really need to spend this much time on the topic... Sigh...

Then again my interest in this series has been deteriorating since episode one... Great start... and then... not so great follow-up.

Jun 17, 2017 6:44 PM

Mar 2016
Shimazaki was so cute and the backstory with her and Sota has some serious depth that I wasn't expecting in this anime! This anime continues to get better and better and I can't wait to see what's next!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jun 17, 2017 6:47 PM

Jul 2014
God, he better have actually shoved a knife into her or something. Claiming you killed someone because of something as stupid as not calling them makes me want to punch kittens.
Jun 17, 2017 6:58 PM
Jul 2014
Leo_10 said:
Sota messed up big time. Jealousy is an ugly thing. At least he explained his relationship with Setsuna. About time.

Kanoya gave a nice talk to Sota. The even managed to connect. But Yuuya still feeling down though. Guess we'll have to wait for an explanation in how Magane was able to steal his ability.

I really hope Sota gets a major character development. I just don't like the way he is right now.

Episode 9 was his nadir. Episode 10 facilitated the beginning of his recovery. In admitting half of his role as of episode 11, he's facilitating his own recovery. Episode 12 will likely finish it off, introduce new characters, and then produce the beginnings of a crisis. By episode 18 or so, Souta will likely have accepted his own role, and will likely be well on his way to upstaging Yuna (Shimazaki Setsuna). We'll probably see one of his own originals summoned as a counter to Altair by episode 20.
Jun 17, 2017 7:32 PM
Jan 2017
The grim confrontation with Altair is over for now, so our heroes get to do some soul-searching. After some hilarious bonding with Kanoya, Sota finally musters the courage to tell everyone about his secret history with Shimazaki, which proves to be this episode's highlight. What amazed me is that this story is a realistic depiction of how creatives can react when their works are accepted/rejected by their audience. Sota really wanted to make things work with Shimazaki, but he felt deep down he wasn't good enough for her and let distance grow between them, until it was too late. This doesn't mean he's evil, that just means he's human. Now that he's telling the truth, he has the opportunity to become a better person. I love this show!
Jun 17, 2017 7:33 PM

Jul 2013
the scenes with kanoya were nice! i enjoyed finally getting some insight into his character. also, the setting was so serene i was kinda jealous... wish i could've been is sota's position haha

i'm glad we finally got some backstory! she turned out to be a lot nicer than i'd expected, whoops... sota must've really fuk'd up somewhere along the line, dang.

overall this was a very good episode, possibly the best of all the heavy dialogue episodes just by the fact that they didn't give all the lines to meteora LOL (though i fear that's what we've got to look forward to next episode...)
Jun 17, 2017 7:37 PM
Feb 2017
Finally it was uploaded to kissanime! This episode seemed a little slower to me but it had a lot of important backstory which was interesting. Kinda sucks the episode ended mid-backstory though so we'll have to wait another whole week for the full explanation.

I'm pretty shocked how it was revealed who Atair's creator was though. I thought that Setsuna was the writer/video creator and Sota was the artist, but it turns out that Sota was completely uninvolved with her creation and Setsuna was the artist.

Welp, can't wait for next week!
Jun 17, 2017 7:39 PM
Feb 2017
fishpun said:
overall this was a very good episode, possibly the best of all the heavy dialogue episodes just by the fact that they didn't give all the lines to meteora LOL (though i fear that's what we've got to look forward to next episode...)

TRUE! I liked her at first, but now I'm kinda getting sick of Meteora with all her know-it-all rambling
Jun 17, 2017 7:42 PM
Feb 2017
neonie said:

I don't think so, based off what he said at the very end of the episode, I believe he started to abuse her to and try to pull her down to his level, because he said he felt satisfaction from everyone doubting her work
Jun 17, 2017 7:44 PM
Feb 2017
Hamermans said:
Not about 11 episode
But
How do you think
Is Mamika's Resurrection Possible?

I don't know how, but I feel it is possible that she will come back, because they only used like 15 seconds of her OST but the full version sounds like something that would be used for something as dramatic as a revival
Jun 17, 2017 8:01 PM

Dec 2015
Ah great , finally you talked about your past Sota , took you 11 episodes
Jun 17, 2017 8:08 PM

Sep 2015
I wonder if he actually saw her commit suicide. I personally don't blame Sota for being that because I would be a hypocrite as I used to be just like that years ago as a middle schooler.
Jun 17, 2017 8:08 PM
May 2017
I was worried Celesia would die and Altair would pull another of Celesia out of her story but this time on Altair's side.

I'm still wondering if the second Gigas Makina was another piloted Kanoya, and what if someone wrote Setsuna into a story could Altair pulled out resurrecting her.
Jun 17, 2017 8:13 PM
Jul 2012
I just expected Sota to be better at drawing and good enough to make me feel depressing about my drawings but he was worse than me.

Fuck! Shimazaki was really a cutie! How could u let she go, Sota?! You fucking bastard!

(no guys, I don't hate him)

I loved how calm the episode was, with all the interactions and the story telling. I want a bit more of this!

@edit
btw, so does Altair have the power to plagiarize the creations? I guess it makes sense...
bhfcsJun 17, 2017 8:17 PM
Jun 17, 2017 8:13 PM

Sep 2013
Shota and kanoya have a talk and then he tells them about shimazaki and his jealousy.

Jun 17, 2017 8:18 PM
May 2015
finally shota told them about atair. i feel like this show is getting more and more boring every week, hopefully they do something to spark my interest later on
Jun 17, 2017 8:28 PM

Apr 2011
We finally get the real story. It doesn't seem to be his fault for Setsuna's suicide. But I think there'll be more info next episode. Glad that Selesia and Meteora are okay.
Jun 17, 2017 9:01 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That scene between Selesia and her creator was beautiful and the part with Sota and the mecha guy was great too

But as usual, Sota ends up making me dislike him once again. Yuna was such a kind and just overall sweet girl who is beyond cute and just because he's jealous of her, he just stood by and watch her get attacked from all the cunts hating on her online

This guy really is a piece of shit, and it's no wonder he hates himself so much....Especially since I feel like he's going to attack her in the same way as the online cunts are and it's this that's gonna put Yuna over the edge and end up killing herself
Jun 17, 2017 9:02 PM

Feb 2017
A) I liked Kanoya's speech. This is something that has been discussed through and through in different works of art (from literature to poetry to... anime). Do we have to follow our destiny, one that it is set in stone or do we have free will at all? I mean, you have "gods" out there, writing the stories of these characters, and then you have the creations trying to fight back, to live according to their own desires. Aliceteria, Magane, and Altair are /extreme/ examples of that, who are literary fighting against what was written for them and, in some cases, even killing people to prove their point (or just for fun, like Magane). But then Kanoya, Salesia, Mirokuji, and Meteora are also living a struggle between being and end product of an artist and living for themselves --in a less destructive way-- doing what they can, but at the same time understanding and accepting their roles in both their own worlds and the god's world. Kanoya seemed very childlike, but he --as well as Mamika-- matured over the episodes and showed us that even if he acts all carefree and uplift, he understands what it is happening around him and offered his point of view to Sota.

B) Sota. People have been a little rash towards him for the past ten episodes. But guys, he has no powers, he's just a mere human being with tons of fears of his own. He's much like us, and he finally is honest to the rest. I think that confessing was a great step in his personal development and somehow I feel proud of him? Yes, what he did was horrible: he had an amazing friendship and he left Shimazaki alone when she most needed him. A friend shouldn't do that, but friends do commit mistakes and sometimes are petty towards people who totally don't deserve it for trivial things like (professional) jealousy. Unfortunately, Sota didn't have the chance to correct his mistake. But it isn't his fault that Shimazaki died (even if he feels it was) (well, I think). What I'm trying to say here is that, sh*t, we all do this kind of things to our friends once or twice over the course of our lives, and we also have lost some friends because of our mistakes. At least I have, so I can relate to Sota a little.

C) Shimazaki. It was an overreaction of her to commit suicide for "a little bit" of internet trolling? Dudes. We cannot be judgemental here. Every single person reacts differently towards being attacked, in any form. Shimazaki reminded me of a dear friend of mine who is talented AF and is one of the best human beings I know in real life, and she sometimes suffers from anxiety from the most mundane things or from what others think of her, and let me tell you, that is not something to take or judge lightly. Just don't be pricks and have a little sensibility about this theme. <3
Jun 17, 2017 9:40 PM
Jul 2014
Zoos said:

C) Shimazaki. It was an overreaction of her to commit suicide for "a little bit" of internet trolling? Dudes. We cannot be judgemental here. Every single person reacts differently towards being attacked, in any form. Shimazaki reminded me of a dear friend of mine who is talented AF and is one of the best human beings I know in real life, and she sometimes suffers from anxiety from the most mundane things or from what others think of her, and let me tell you, that is not something to take or judge lightly. Just don't be pricks and have a little sensibility about this theme. <3

Right now it feels like we've been handed incomplete information. The way the episode ended makes it clear, at least to me, that Souta has more to say on the issue of Shimazaki Yuna's (Setsuna's) suicide. If mere accusations of plagiarism (and Souta's lack of response) were enough to make her want to commit suicide, then both Souta and Shimazaki are far more shallow than I previously thought. It would indicate to me that Souta is effectively blameless in the matter and blowing the whole thing completely out of proportion concerning his role, and it would also indicate that Shimazaki was already significantly troubled.
Jun 17, 2017 10:35 PM

Feb 2017
firemagnet said:
Zoos said:

Right now it feels like we've been handed incomplete information. The way the episode ended makes it clear, at least to me, that Souta has more to say on the issue of Shimazaki Yuna's (Setsuna's) suicide. If mere accusations of plagiarism (and Souta's lack of response) were enough to make her want to commit suicide, then both Souta and Shimazaki are far more shallow than I previously thought. It would indicate to me that Souta is effectively blameless in the matter and blowing the whole thing completely out of proportion concerning his role, and it would also indicate that Shimazaki was already significantly troubled.

Yes. :)
After I wrote this I started to think about possible scenarios there. What if Sota not only avoided to get involved in the whole internet trolling thing (even to defend her) but also said something directly or indirectly to her that ended up in her suicide? The end of that story was purposely left out this episode, so yeah, we need to wait for next episode to finally know what happened there and why Altair is the way she is.

Jun 17, 2017 11:15 PM
Feb 2017
Zoos said:
B) Sota. People have been a little rash towards him for the past ten episodes. But guys, he has no powers, he's just a mere human being with tons of fears of his own. He's much like us, and he finally is honest to the rest. I think that confessing was a great step in his personal development and somehow I feel proud of him? Yes, what he did was horrible: he had an amazing friendship and he left Shimazaki alone when she most needed him. A friend shouldn't do that, but friends do commit mistakes and sometimes are petty towards people who totally don't deserve it for trivial things like (professional) jealousy. Unfortunately, Sota didn't have the chance to correct his mistake. But it isn't his fault that Shimazaki died (even if he feels it was) (well, I think). What I'm trying to say here is that, sh*t, we all do this kind of things to our friends once or twice over the course of our lives, and we also have lost some friends because of our mistakes. At least I have, so I can relate to Sota a little.

Theory Time: Setsuna didn't commit suicide for the slander, she did because she stood helpless and watched her boyfriend get killed.

Setsuna was harassed by one of the staff she worked for and all of the advances were molestation and seduction which lead to an attempted rape. Sota did came but was killed in the process while Setsuna escaped. Setsuna stood away enough to witness the staff member dragging Sota's corpse.

Setsuna created the new Sota to cope with her loss but eventually she couldn't stand to be with a copy of her love and decided to end her own life to be with him.
Jun 17, 2017 11:30 PM
Jul 2014
Zoos said:
firemagnet said:

Yes. :)
After I wrote this I started to think about possible scenarios there. What if Sota not only avoided to get involved in the whole internet trolling thing (even to defend her) but also said something directly or indirectly to her that ended up in her suicide? The end of that story was purposely left out this episode, so yeah, we need to wait for next episode to finally know what happened there and why Altair is the way she is.

We will indeed have to wait and see. I made the mistake of reading the spoilers for episode 12 from the special airing (oops), and suffice it to say that my speculation was almost spot on in more ways than one. PM me if you want to know.

Jun 17, 2017 11:35 PM

Sep 2012
i swear if he just sorta liked her being flamed online and didn't actually contribute and was being this dramatic the whole time this show is fucking dropped
Jun 17, 2017 11:37 PM

Dec 2014
Nice episode.

Loved the conversation between Selesia and Matsubara, was really nice of him to tell her that he'd try putting some stories into his novels. :3

Kanoya was the man this chapter, really cool of him to help out Sota. However, what I really liked was the theme of the conversation, I really liked how he told Sota that he has the ability to write his own story and forge his own destiny unlike him who has a clear purpose in existence. It was also interesting to see that Kanoya is actually at terms with having a purpose even if it does feel restraining.

Finally, the backstory. Setsuna was such a sweet girl, can't believe Sota didn't even try to help her and just stood back. Jealousy is such a cruel thing. :(
Though I don't think Setsuna committed suicide just because of some Internet trolling and berating, there's probably something more. Something that really hurt her deeply.

Looking forward to next episode.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

400 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 7, 1:52 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

236 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 4, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

122 by KirinMeta2 »»
Apr 3, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2017

306 by AndrersVonPanda »»
Mar 3, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Is Altair the most powerful anime character we have seen yet in any anime? (spoiler) ( 1 2 3 4 )

LelouchXLuluko - Sep 4, 2017

169 by Raptors0verlord »»
Jan 28, 6:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.