Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Granblue Fantasy
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 17, 2017 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, that blue dragon really is a monster to be feared.

Gran and his group encounters a mysterious girl with demon horns.
I feel like pacing of this episode really picked up and I gotta admit that some of the abilities the characters used were impressive. Seems that A-1 poured a bunch of their budget into the action scenes.

Seems the Empire just isn't going to leave Lyria alone regardless where she goes...
Stark700Jun 17, 2017 8:48 AM
Jun 17, 2017 8:47 AM

Mar 2013
HOOOLLLYYYYYY SHIIIIIIIIIT IT'S A FUCKTON OF GBF CHARAS!

Silva, Zeta, Charlotta, Yuel, Yoda, Soriz (Manly Man), Jessica, Feather, Narumaya all appeared.

A-1 Pictures 5/7 score, perfect episode
Jun 17, 2017 9:16 AM

Apr 2015
So this is why we have this island alongside the whole deal with Yggu first. They changed up the order so they could canonically show those characters. Gives me the impression that they might actually join sooner or later as this seem far too much effort and rearrangement for some mere cameos.
Jun 17, 2017 9:20 AM

Apr 2010
So many chars from the game appeared all of a sudden.
Way to many at ones, why didn't they show up sooner?
Anyway an action packed episode with a nice ending tho the question is where will they be heading now?
Jun 17, 2017 9:28 AM

Apr 2015
Aversa said:
Anyway an action packed episode with a nice ending tho the question is where will they be heading now?

I assume they didn't want them to run into them one by one ( they wouldn't have time for that anyway ) but meet them in groups that travel on their own. Makes it easier to spend an episode introducing them all at once. Also judging from what we will get next episode there is a chance that
Jun 17, 2017 9:46 AM

Apr 2010
Fappa said:
Aversa said:

I assume they didn't want them to run into them one by one ( they wouldn't have time for that anyway ) but meet them in groups that travel on their own. Makes it easier to spend an episode introducing them all at once. Also judging from what we will get next episode there is a chance that
I agree introducing one by one would have taken too long but now it's just way too much at one time.
Small groups over the course of the anime would probably have been better.
Jun 17, 2017 10:01 AM

Apr 2015
Aversa said:
I agree introducing one by one would have taken too long but now it's just way too much at one time.
Small groups over the course of the anime would probably have been better.

That's the thing though. These character can't appear prior to this island in the story which is why they already rearranged it a little. Any more for the sake of an early introduction bit by bit would have messed way too much with the initial order and direction of the main story. The way I see it they'll tie them together with

Jun 17, 2017 10:02 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This was probably my favorite episode of the series and the best action oriented one....My goodness all these new characters were so badass
Jun 17, 2017 10:20 AM

Dec 2014
Quite the showcase episode, so many new characters and I really liked most of them from what little we did see. Unfortunately I don't play the game but for people who do, this episode must've been quite the spectacle.

Great action overall and we got a new crew member. :)
Jun 17, 2017 10:26 AM

Sep 2013
All those chracters showing their stuff :O and Djeeta next episode :O WEW
Black Knight stole leviathan's powers thou but everything else ends up fine.
Jun 17, 2017 10:39 AM

Jun 2015
The beginning was action-packed. It was really cool. So many characters appeared all of a sudden. They were helpful with their nice abilities. The crew has a new member now.
Jun 17, 2017 10:52 AM
Jul 2018
In terms of action I have no complaints. But what was with all those characters popping up all of sudden, it made things feel rushed.
Jun 17, 2017 11:04 AM
Dec 2014
yuliyana29 said:
In terms of action I have no complaints. But what was with all those characters popping up all of sudden, it made things feel rushed.

Yea, it really felt like it was the grand final of the season packing all the characters to satisfy all the viewers who played the game. And... The preview for next episode says "Extra 1", not "Episode 13" so it might be just some side story, I don't know, we will see next week.
Jun 17, 2017 11:17 AM

Sep 2015
yuliyana29 said:

Not really rush actually, they are simply just cameos. If you think about it in a game point of view, a city like that sure will have other heroes other than the main characters. If you know what I mean:)
Jun 17, 2017 11:20 AM

Jul 2013
Well, the battle was very well made, and the characters introduced were cool. I guess they are easter eggs for the ones who have played the game. In my case, since I haven't do it, it wasn't that meaningful, but since the actions scenes were badass, I don't mind them.

Dat HanaKana too.
IllyricusJun 17, 2017 11:35 AM
Jun 17, 2017 11:23 AM

Sep 2015
Anyway we should just chill, they are just cameos. Why would a city not have other heroes for recruitment?:)

But why is there no mage character cameo?

Anyway the dark knight name is Apollo, the same as Eugene's daugther name?
Jun 17, 2017 11:56 AM

May 2015
That was actually and honestly a pretty damn good episode.

Jun 17, 2017 12:01 PM
Dec 2014
valvravetruth said:
Anyway the dark knight name is Apollo, the same as Eugene's daugther name?

Yea I noticed that too!! :o Interesting. Just like previous episode we learnt that Rosetta knows Gran's father!!! :o :o :o
Jun 17, 2017 1:08 PM

May 2012
Holy, they really went out with the characters this time around. If they wanted me to get into the mood of playing, they definitely did a good job at it cause I'm gonna go launch it

Jun 17, 2017 1:38 PM

Dec 2014
Damn they really pulled out the stops with all those character appearances huh?
Jun 17, 2017 1:52 PM

Jan 2017
That was a good episode! The introduction of all those new characters didn't feel out of place either.
Jun 17, 2017 1:52 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The animation in this episode was pretty awesome, first half really. I assumed that all these new characters were cameos from the game, pretty cool.

I kinda want to play the game now :X
Jun 17, 2017 3:08 PM

Nov 2016
Suddenly a bunch of OP waifus started to show up out of nowhere, and I couldn't be happier XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 17, 2017 4:02 PM

Sep 2014
Despite playing the game it felt kinda awkward seeing all these new characters pop out of nowhere. The action was pretty great nonetheless.
It was a pretty fun series, liking the game even more now, goddammit Cy.
Jun 17, 2017 4:25 PM

Dec 2011
Actually a bit speechless after watching this episode. Feels like an advertisement for the game with all of those characters (not just 1 or 2, but 9!) appearing in the episode, not that I mind tho XD

The action was quite good, enjoyed all of the cameos.

The next episode would be an extra, and the last one for this season, eh? Season 2 might be coming sooner than I thought.
Jun 17, 2017 4:31 PM
Jan 2014
Superb episode. I skipped my Assault Time to watch this, and I was not disappointed with what I saw.

Yamaji did well in covering for Fujiwara in voicing Eugen.

This is the first episode that feels like an HL raid with no carries, while having 2-3 leechers (represented by Yuel, Zeta, Mary, Karva). The fight was epic as it is, and the cameos were the best of this season.

Overall, Soiya!/10

PS: I want to see Jin, Riruru, Kumuyu, Sara, Lily, Lecia, Vira, Eustace, Beatrix, Jamil, Mimlemel, Rosamia, Yngwie (voiced by Keiji Fujiwara for the lols), Lunalu, the Dragon Knights, Anchira, Makira, Cagliostro, Arulumaya, Juutenshu (esp. Thalatha, Funf, Nio) and Dank Sarunan (HAHAHAHAHAHA) next season. Yes, I was looking at my character list while making this entry.

UltimusInfinitumJun 18, 2017 3:55 PM
Jun 17, 2017 4:31 PM

Dec 2014
Does anyone know what the Another Sky teaser at the end means? Isnt the Anime over? If i remember arenty only 12 Episodes listed? Is is something like a OVA or maybe a teaser for a ingame Event in Granblue Fantasy itself?
Jun 17, 2017 4:45 PM
Jan 2014
MonoReaper said:
Does anyone know what the Another Sky teaser at the end means? Isnt the Anime over? If i remember arenty only 12 Episodes listed? Is is something like a OVA or maybe a teaser for a ingame Event in Granblue Fantasy itself?

Probably an OVA. But honestly, only 4/6 bosses are encountered over 12 eps, so hopefully, the two tackle the last two.

EDIT: Since it seems like Hisako Kanemoto was the VA speaking, it's probably not about the main story. (Probably a Djeeta appearance, I guess?)
UltimusInfinitumJun 17, 2017 5:09 PM
Jun 17, 2017 5:03 PM

Dec 2016
Very good episode.

I thought it was really cool seeing various people help out eliminate the monsters and also seeing different types of magics, weapons and attacks used.

Eugen's daughter is Apollo the Black Knight then?

I wonder how she ended up like that.

We will probably get to know more about her in the future episodes seeing as how Eugen has joined the crew and the adventures.

I also want to know more about the girl the is like Lyria.
Jun 17, 2017 5:43 PM

Mar 2016
Stark700 said:

Seems the Empire just isn't going to leave Lyria alone regardless where she goes...

I don't think the Black Knight is evil. In an earlier episode, her subordinates were trying to rescue Lyria and Gran from an island they thought was about to blow up. That said, they don't go about their business in the friendliest ways. I suspect the Black Knight is in a faction of the empire that opposes their hostility to other islands.

Some have speculated here that the Black Knight is Eugen's daughter Apollo. She may have just wanted some of Leviathan's essence as a remembrance of it protecting her. I don't know if Apollo is his daughter, but if so, it likely places her solidly in the "good guy" category. Referring to the Lyria look alike as "Doll" doesn't seem to show a lot of respect, though, which sort of counters the "completely good guy" possibility.
-- Rich
Jun 17, 2017 8:43 PM

Aug 2016
Ehhh why were 9 characters all introduced in one episode???

It's interesting that Apollo is the dark knight, and also Eugen's daughter. Well of course, there's the possibility that they just share the same name... I'm guessing Eugen's joining them to find Apollo, though it's unknown whether he knows she's the dark knight.

r0kus said:
Stark700 said:

I don't think the Black Knight is evil. In an earlier episode, her subordinates were trying to rescue Lyria and Gran from an island they thought was about to blow up. That said, they don't go about their business in the friendliest ways. I suspect the Black Knight is in a faction of the empire that opposes their hostility to other islands.

Some have speculated here that the Black Knight is Eugen's daughter Apollo. She may have just wanted some of Leviathan's essence as a remembrance of it protecting her. I don't know if Apollo is his daughter, but if so, it likely places her solidly in the "good guy" category. Referring to the Lyria look alike as "Doll" doesn't seem to show a lot of respect, though, which sort of counters the "completely good guy" possibility.

Yeah, I agree with you.

And I thought there would be 14 episodes? Why is it now 13?

The other Lyria is intriguing, wonder what's her story.
Jun 17, 2017 10:50 PM

Mar 2016
Just when I was about to fall asleep listening to the pointless dialogue all these really cool side characters come into the picture! WTF! Why throw in all these really cool characters in such a rushed was at the end of the anime?!! BTW any of all of the side characters would be an improvement over the main cast so at least we have that and the action was nice even though some of the animation was lackluster. It's like A-1 studios gave up half way through this season and gave the show to the interns. At least my they finished the episode with a nice clean ending and seeing as how the preview for next week said extra 1 I'm assuming that was the end of the anime. We don't really need extra episodes it had a nice ending to a mediocre anime just let it die and rest in pieces
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jun 17, 2017 11:22 PM

May 2014
I don't play Granblue but I'm so happy many granblue characters appeared. I had a lot of fun guessing the voices :D

I heard, Soma Saito (the lightning guy), Rikiya Koyama (the manly fist guy), Kana Ueda (the dual blade fire girl) AND KANA HANAZAWA (THE SPEAR GIRL) WAAAAAH <3 <3
Jun 18, 2017 12:38 AM

Nov 2016
why does marie sound like NES when she said ok

nice to see major armstrong again
SoulRainXJun 18, 2017 12:44 AM
Jun 18, 2017 12:41 AM

Jun 2009
I literally screamed when I saw Silva sniping from above. The rest of the game characters are presented well too, although Feather (the lightning fist guy) could have been presented a bit more stylish. Having a lot of them coming in one single episode though, made me both confused n excited at the same time but hey good stuff.

oh and I can finally post this joke here
CakeyAliceJun 18, 2017 1:49 AM
Jun 18, 2017 5:38 AM

Nov 2011
Who was expecting such a new appearance of characters, there is also the rori, with blond hair. Those are never missing, eheheheh!
Really nice backgrounds and character design of the characters, sorry that the quality of the drawings is not always up to the top.

ichii_1 said:
All those chracters showing their stuff :O and Djeeta next episode :O WEW
Black Knight stole leviathan's powers thou but everything else ends up fine.

Finally we will know Djeeta's character. ^_^
Jun 18, 2017 6:54 AM

Mar 2011
Anyone knows the VA of that spear girl

Her voice sounds really familiar and I know a character that I really liked that sounded like her

edited...
Wait....feels like its fuwa aika so Kana?

Jun 18, 2017 6:56 AM
May 2015
Loved the episode but the one that drew Katlina is not energetic or not motivated in enough because the voice doesn't mach the expressions and particularly the eyes the eyes weren't drawn beautifully they were creepy!!!
Jun 18, 2017 6:57 AM
May 2015
ricardo241 said:

Her voice sounds really familiar and I know a character that I really liked that sounded like her

edited...
which one the one that jumped from the tower?
Jun 18, 2017 6:59 AM

Mar 2011
Maram_118 said:
ricardo241 said:

edited...

Yup the one who shout spear of ava something

Jun 18, 2017 7:18 AM

Jul 2009
ricardo241 said:
Maram_118 said:

The character is Zeta, voiced by Kana Hanazawa.
Jun 18, 2017 7:31 AM
May 2015
Uzza said:
ricardo241 said:

The character is Zeta, voiced by Kana Hanazawa.
thanks I tried to search for her but didn't find anything!!!

and while I looked back it seems like ricardo241 had figured it out already (When I searched for Kana Hanazawa I thought you meant Roromiya, Karuta from Inu x Boku)
Jun 18, 2017 12:53 PM

Sep 2007
LukesYGOonYT said:

That's the impression i got. Wondering if he know about that.

Well we have a Total fan-service episode here with Yuel, Narmaya, Silva, Charlotte and Zeta for those i know.
Now i really want to see Korwa, Izmir, Danua and Heles ^^.
Jun 18, 2017 4:21 PM

Nov 2013
wow this was a lot of fun, there's lots of cool characters and pretty girls showing up lol that's some teamwork too
i'm sure i would have even more fun if i knew them all from the game , but still great, maybe the best episode of this anime
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jun 18, 2017 5:07 PM
Aug 2016
hmmm
the last episode is next week right? but why the preview of the next episode on EP 12 say Extra 1 Another Sky? A side story? *curious* though excited <3
Jun 18, 2017 6:58 PM

Nov 2013
Cameo characters look interesting. Do they join the main crew or only appear on some quest later in the original game?

Extra 1? Seems the main plot of the anime stops here?
Jun 18, 2017 7:55 PM

Jan 2011
HNNNG all the Cameos made me very happy but sad at the same time because with all these top tier characters showing up the quality took quite a dip hopefully it looks better in the BDs,though i found it funny that you have bunch of SSRs and what not but leave it to Gran to finish it off while still only being his base job :P

Real talk though how you gonna show Zeta but not Beatrix at the same time! REEE.

favorite episode yet the scene with yuel and Feather was hype
katsu044Jun 18, 2017 8:01 PM
Jun 18, 2017 8:35 PM
Casual Flower

Mar 2015
Inuki said:
LukesYGOonYT said:

That's the impression i got. Wondering if he know about that.

Well we have a Total fan-service episode here with Yuel, Narmaya, Silva, Charlotte and Zeta for those i know.
Now i really want to see Korwa, Izmir, Danua and Heles ^^.

Danua especially.. T.T
Jun 18, 2017 8:51 PM

Nov 2013
Tropisch said:
jejehartadi said:
Cameo characters look interesting. Do they join the main crew or only appear on some quest later in the original game?

Extra 1? Seems the main plot of the anime stops here?

All of the cameo characters join your crew once you get the weapon that unlocks them. The Extra episode thing is probably about Djeeta, the female protagonist in the game.

Wew, the crew really gets big huh. Too bad I'm not into mobage so if there's no season 2 this will end for me.
Jun 18, 2017 10:01 PM

Mar 2011
Yuel... :3 My day is complete
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2017

54 by Fate_warrior95 »»
Apr 20, 12:10 AM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 13, 2017

42 by ArtemisMeiko »»
Jan 27, 1:25 AM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2017

103 by LeoTWW »»
Jan 6, 5:27 PM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Pipe - Jun 24, 2017

195 by Nihilna »»
Dec 29, 2023 8:18 PM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2017

35 by Alvie48xi »»
Mar 4, 2023 2:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.