Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Mar 21, 2016 7:40 PM
Oct 2013
ernst said:
a lot of haters but as a Naruto fan turned into a Naruto hater after Pain's defeat, I actually enjoyed this film despite tons of flaws like Hinata forgetting how to climb and Naruto cheating on the romance thru enemy genjutsu. It is so cheesy but I love it.

That common complain could have a very simple explanation everyone seems somehow too keep overlooking.
Hinata was unconcious because of an enemie jutsu right before she was on that wall, a jutsu from whom we don´t know what it actually does because unlike most villains Toneri never sit down and explained any of his abilities (Bleach shoutout).

To climb a wall your chakra requires to not be in disarray and it´s among the hardest things to do for Ninja period, it´s a flaw in the narrative however you look at it, like her mentioning I can´t mold chakra, that jutsu bloced me blablabla however it´s no big leap to assume this.

I´ve found it worse that they fucked up the timeline for the sake of a KAGEBUNSHIN NO JUTSU joke at the beginning,
Mar 24, 2016 6:48 PM
Jul 2011
This movie was pretty bad, especially for Shippuuden ending movie. Even ignoring the Naruto x Hinata circlejerking and endgame which was the main point of the movie the romance turn-around point for Naruto towards Hinata wasn't executed any better than what most low tier fan fiction writers comes up with.

They used anime filler as canon to help justify the romance progression but ignored stuff like the actual canon Neji's final few lines and the moments with Hinata to bring Naruto back from brief despair to help serve as foundation. This was when Hinata was finally showing signs of being a true strong, supporting character to Naruto.

The movie regress her to the shy, indecisiveness pre-time jump era. Sakura character as a whole was also thrown away just to further push Naruto x Hinata angle harder. Her whole character was reduced to "you only liked me because I liked Sasuke henceforth you saw me as something to compete against him with" which is pretty terrible considering some many moments in Pre and Post-time jump contradicted this.

Naruto all of sudden is a super idiot who can't tell the difference between love and love for ramen (lol wow), he was dense but to his credit he was at least a little bit smarter than most mainstream shounen protags. His whole conversion with his mom and dad about love was for nothing or deleted from his brain during the whole travel to the moon section it seems.

Just a lot of really weird character deconstruction to tunnel-focus, force a single point that honestly didn't need that much focus anyways. You know he gets with with Hinata anyways from the manga ending, shounen romance is generally pretty poorly developed anyways and when you (Kishi) admits to not being about to do romance/female characters it's like...why bother with a movie like this. Could have did something more interesting for the manga's 15th anniversary. Oh well.

Other stuff like DBZ moon fighting, Toneri's reason to be a villain and his turnaround execution, Sasuke 10 second screentime, nearly everyone being useless, the almost unintentional dark comedy way Hanabi's missing eyes was a pretty low priority vs. other more important matters ("DA ROMANCE"), etc don't matter in the long run to talk about much since the movie purpose was to have a hard-on for Naruto x Hinata. Only decent moments to take away from this movie for me was the beginning ink-paint series recap and the wedding scene credits along with the few nostalgia theme rearranged tracks during the final fight, along with the nostalgia throwback references during said final fight.
May 22, 2016 8:32 AM

Aug 2015
This movie was cheesy af; the red thread of fate, the memories, the long gazing, the small reference to that salve, losing her, fighting to get her back, the almost marriage and finally the kiss in front of the moon. It was cheesy af and I loved it.

Also, lolling forever at how Sasuke showed up for like three seconds, talking about how he's going to protect the village now that Naruto is gone, and then never showed up again.
...At least let me finish.

Jun 12, 2016 4:29 AM

Jul 2012
I loved it. I don't follow this franchise much but I found this movie really enticing and interesting.

NaruHina scenes made me tear up.
Jun 26, 2016 10:19 PM
Jun 2016
Im still currently watching it on crunchyroll. When does this movie take place? If its after the anime is over then i wont watch it yet.
Aug 8, 2016 9:50 AM

Jul 2014
Kinda bummed out because of a couple of things....

1.) Sasuke. He was barely in it... rather, his role was simply insignificant. I kinda understand that he's wandering and what-not but meh.. he may as well not have been shown at all. lol

2.) [and this is the most frustrating for me!] Hinata. They made her so damn weak in this movie.. I mean she's also a shinobi and a strong one at that but they made her out to be someone whose toally helpless that it's laughable.

3.) Naruto x Hinata. These two are my OTP so I'm all for it and I appreciate the focus on their relationship but Naruto's feelings developed way too suddenly and unnaturally and he even ended up confessing to her first... what..? Simply put, their relationship just wasn't convincing in the end.

4.) Scarf/Scarves. There's too much focus on the damned thing.

5.) Moon setting. I don't even know where to start with this....

BUT. Even if this movie was meh overall, I'm still kinda happy they made it. Just seeing the characters in this timeline was really what made it all worthwhile and enjoyable for me. Seeing the characters so grown-up... it really made me happy and grateful while watching it! I especially like the scenes in the credits and post-credits featuring Boruto and Himawari set before Naruto was made Hokage. So cute and touching~
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Oct 14, 2016 2:48 PM

Apr 2014
Damn, this was so nice! Even with flaws here and there it was still enjoyable!
Was quite sad that TenTen was only shown in credits..
Oct 16, 2016 5:51 AM
May 2012
Toneri best wingman ever. Thanks, bro!
Cheesy, happened way too fast....but their love story is pretty fine with me.
That ending <3
Oct 31, 2016 7:23 AM

Jan 2013
Finally able to see it after Shippuuden technically has ended.
Kinda cheesy but enjoyable at least.

Moon setting was kinda weird, and we got to know that Rikudo had a brother that lived on the moon aswell.
Fights were actually alright, some good scenes.

Hinata and Naruto are a great couple.

8/10
Nov 8, 2016 9:04 PM

Jul 2016
Thought it was shit...

Why the hell was Hinata such a damsel in distress...
Dec 19, 2016 2:24 AM

Sep 2012
boredxxx said:
What did everyone think of the movie? I thought it was great overall but could've been improved by adding more Sasuke and Toneri having a few more moves. Hanabi also should've been at least a little more that a plot tool. Awesome movie Hinata ftw <3

8/10 for me, but i hoped the final scene to be teasing, Naruto caries Hinata out & lands front of their team & they start to say what is usually said after the wedding, what wedding guest usually say :D & then little time skip & then they show wedding (with kiss scene ofc), that's what i would have done differently in the end, i don't hate the ending, its just that it would have been bit better this way :), good movie
Dec 19, 2016 2:35 AM

Sep 2012
Psantajdak said:
I saw Sasuke's little part on YouTube; I doubt I'll bother with watching the rest of the movie...

ur loss then, missing out on good movie (it also shows Naru x Hina relationship development), if ur so Sasuke crazy u should make Sasuke Doll & sleep with it & don't watch Naruto at all, i also say same to others that think its not worth watching just cause Sasuke wasn't in it, well he was, but only 2 times & 1 time with small line, this series is called Naruto Not Sasuke & its not Naruto movie about Sasuke neither (hes solo movie), so stop whining about Sasuke!!! i don't mind if Sauske isn't in some of the Naruto movies & also i don't mind Sasuke Solo movie neither
Dec 19, 2016 2:40 AM

Sep 2012
xcess090 said:
rowdyboy said:

Sasuke Screen Time: 10 seconds + 1 line

Good then it'll be awesome.

indeed, despite he had so small time it was cool, well the final scene with him, he made entrance like a Boss & disappeared as fast as he appeared to save Kakashi, well there was more to it, but i won't spoil in-case some haven't seen it yet
Dec 19, 2016 2:47 AM

Sep 2012
sweet5 said:
Wow...so much dislike. I personally didn't think it was all that bad.

I mean it wasn't perfect of course but I enjoyed it at the very least.

they expect to much realism from fantasy anime that's the problem, they forget its a fantasy
Dec 19, 2016 2:55 AM

Sep 2012
DeadZeroSource said:
including the part where Toneri wants Hinata to be his wife was much pretty random...

its also a story that has been used in so meany animes, i mean the hole thing to the part where she was controlled by antagonist, i know story wher heroine was not controlled, but she had amnesia, antagonist made her forget, but it started & ended basically same way, mc rescuing the girl, & i think one story similar was that antagonist like mc both made promise to merry her some day, my point this story has been used so meany times already that they should think of something new, but it was 8/10 for me
Dec 19, 2016 3:04 AM

Sep 2012
Kiev said:
Tobuay said:
The only thing I felt was wrong about the movie was how the explained how Naruto wasn't actually in love with Sakura but rather was just competing with Sasuke. I feel that one argument is not sound. After all he was in love with Sakura before team 7... so that yeah...

This. I disliked how they brought out this just for the sake of NaruHina. Don't get me wrong i'm a NaruHina fan all the while but denying the fact that he loved sakura is just plain bullshit, i'm totally disappointed with how kishimoto handled this movie. I mean the good thing about hinata is she can support naruto all along the entire series eventhough she knows that naruto actually likes sakura in the first place, although the feeling somehow faded alongside as the series progressed.

Besides that, we just don't have enough sasuke. Man, his appearance is like 10 seconds, jumped in, instant ko'ed a big ass meteor that took a whole team of rock lees to cut it into half like some badass, left a single line, and disappeared. What was that man? Surely he could've at least showed up at Naruto's wedding or something.

Well. with all that rant and all. It wasn't a bad movie, for a naru hina fag like me, i'm actually pretty happy with all the naru hina moments we're getting there and the whole movie made it feel like it's sole purpose is to satisfy naru hina fanbase needs. Not that i could complain much, only if they have a little bit more of sasuke..

u need to grow more to understand this stuff, i don't know ur age, but if ur grownup then u need to grow mentally more

he never denied that he loved Sakura, he just Fell out of love for her long time ago, he just thought that he stills love her Romantically for long time, u know sometime it is like that in the beginning u fall for some or think u fell in love & chase after that one & later realize that u have been wrong, that u love the one that has been on ur side the hole time

also watch more romance movies & animes, that will teach to thing or two, it helps u understand romance animes better, this movie was more romance then naruto series
Dec 19, 2016 3:12 AM

Sep 2012
Raneer said:
Kiev said:

This. I disliked how they brought out this just for the sake of NaruHina. Don't get me wrong i'm a NaruHina fan all the while but denying the fact that he loved sakura is just plain bullshit, i'm totally disappointed with how kishimoto handled this movie. I mean the good thing about hinata is she can support naruto all along the entire series eventhough she knows that naruto actually likes sakura in the first place, although the feeling somehow faded alongside as the series progressed.
It's like you guys completely missed chapter 3 where he said said he liked Sakura after noticing she liked Sasuke. He never gave another reason why he liked Sakura and his feelings for her got next to zero attention outside of a blush here and a half-hearted date request there, so this shouldn't be surprised it was just a fleeting crush. Especially when you compare it to how he acted around somebody he actually loved, as shown in this movie.

Anyway, I enjoyed it.

i doubt that they missed chap3, its just some ppl see only what they want to see
Dec 19, 2016 3:15 AM

Sep 2012
shamil98 said:
7starkiller99 said:

Was following up to there.

Please go into detail why !

A girl that has stalked another guy ends up with him?...

Literally the weirdest romance i've heard of, and not because of my ship sank, in general I thought the movie was just a bit trashy...Kishimoto can't write romance, I was expecting more action.

Oh, I forgot to add, Sasuke is in the movie poster, but is in the movie for all of but 3 seconds...

like i said to @Kiev
u need to grow more to understand this stuff, i don't know ur age, but if ur grownup then u need to grow mentally more

he never denied that he loved Sakura, he just Fell out of love for her long time ago, he just thought that he stills love her Romantically for long time, u know sometime it is like that in the beginning u fall for some or think u fell in love & chase after that one & later realize that u have been wrong, that u love the one that has been on ur side the hole time

also watch more romance movies & animes, that will teach to thing or two, it helps u understand romance animes better, this movie was more romance then naruto series
Dec 19, 2016 8:42 AM

May 2011
Sugram22 said:
Kiev said:

Besides that, we just don't have enough sasuke. Man, his appearance is like 10 seconds, jumped in, instant ko'ed a big ass meteor that took a whole team of rock lees to cut it into half like some badass, left a single line, and disappeared. What was that man? Surely he could've at least showed up at Naruto's wedding or something.

Well. with all that rant and all. It wasn't a bad movie, for a naru hina fag like me, i'm actually pretty happy with all the naru hina moments we're getting there and the whole movie made it feel like it's sole purpose is to satisfy naru hina fanbase needs. Not that i could complain much, only if they have a little bit more of sasuke..

Wow, i'm impressed, you revamped this shit from more than 1 year ago just to bash me. Fyi i have watched ENOUGH romance anime. Thanks for the brilliant suggestion.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 19, 2016 10:08 AM

Sep 2012
Kiev said:
Sugram22 said:

Wow, i'm impressed, you revamped this shit from more than 1 year ago just to bash me. Fyi i have watched ENOUGH romance anime. Thanks for the brilliant suggestion.

well i watched the movie today :D

well form ur TXT it sounded like u haven't watched enough..., or do u mean u have watched enough... by new?

& it wasn't mean as a attack or bash, i just sometimes say out what i think without sugarcoating it :D, i know sometimes what i say comes out as to straight arrow :) & so it seems as attack or bash, but i was thinking hard not to make it look like insult/attack sometimes it may even come out like that :D

& also it was meant for the person u were then, so if u have learned some things & changed ur view about it cause u understand it better new then its not meant for u, or should i say the u u are new :)
Dec 20, 2016 8:05 PM

Dec 2012
That kiss in the moonlight and the post-credits scene. Just perfect.

Glad I saved this for after Shippuuden. Also glad I saved it for near Christmas. Put me in a far better mood for it!

Personally loved this movie, was every bit worth buying the BD when I saw it on sale. It tied up some of the loose ends that were lingering over me such as what became of Hamura and some general post-war questions that were floating in my mind. I had predicted the antagonist would be Hamura, but part of me is glad that he remained good-natured to the end. I also like how it delved deeper into the Byakugan as this was something that's been bothering me for the entirety of the series. In general, the Byakugan was seemingly useless in comparison to the Sharingan/Rinnegan, which didn't really add up considering it was Kaguya's original eyes. It makes far more sense to know its true potential literally rested within the moon. The incorporation of a head and branch family among the descendants of Hamura is also a fitting touch that rings true with the Hyuuga Clan.

I see people complaining about the lack of screentime for Sasuke, but that was precisely what made his one big scene so powerful. He's following in Itachi's footsteps by protecting Konoha from the shadows. Not for recognition but out of conviction.

As for Naruto-senpai (I won't be able to get enough of that one), it's just so jarring and bizarre to see younger ninjas admiring him. I don't think I'll be able to get enough of those scenes.

I've never really been sold on the romance in Naruto, so I was a bit skeptical about how NaruxHina would flourish in this movie. Nevertheless, I'm satisfied with how it played out. Naruto finally realized that Hinata has always been watching him and became strong precisely because of her undying love for him and his Ninja Way. I guess it's easy to just downplay it as "stalker girl wins", but really anyone who's paid attention knows it's more than that. One thing I'm disappointed with, however, is how Sakura's explanation for Naruto's feelings. I'm sure she has somewhat of a point, but I don't think it was quite as simple as "You loved me because lolSasuke."

8.5/10 from me, it was really heartwarming but also kind of cliche ridden with the wedding crash and damsel in distress moments. On the other hand, I loved the times when Hinata and Naruto combined their powers.
Dec 28, 2016 11:28 PM

Sep 2012
at the ferry beginning of Naruto series i was Shiping Naru Sakura (but even then i personally liked Hinata more), that Naruto wins her over, but at 1 point it changed to Naru Hina shipping, & holy SH how she looks at 18+
Dec 29, 2016 1:45 AM
Dec 2016
one word to this anime

PERFECT
Jan 17, 2017 1:41 PM

May 2008
I really liked the fact that the movie is focusing on NaruHina, but it was so bad executed and very underwhelming as the last Naruto Shippuden movie.

I expected more epic brave Hinata interaction like in the Pain arc, but what we get here is a damsel in distress instead. Everything feels like a filler and so forced. The characters are so OOC... Naruto is trying to use kage no bunshin doesn't make sense because he learned it later on that incident when he went to school.

The villain is bland, cliche and uninteresting. Almost everything was used to hook up Naru&Hina together which make it looks so forced and bad.

I personally would love to see a less forced relationship between them without being chased by a super villain who want to destroy the world again.
The bland action here and disney like genjutsu turned it into a big mess. Yeah, that genjutsu part in the water was like straight from a disney movie film and at the end too. Seriously this movie doesn't feel like a Naruto Movie at all.

P.S. They can switch eyeballs like a pair of shoes lol
CCL_SamaJan 17, 2017 2:19 PM
Mar 6, 2017 11:34 PM

Feb 2017
OMG, I'm too in love with this movie of Naruto, but I hope it would be more about Naruhina wedding. Still feel not satisfied with just the credit!
Mar 21, 2017 8:43 PM

Sep 2014
Just finished the movie and have to say overall I enjoyed it. As a NaruHina supporter it was beautiful :) Wanted something more from other characters since it was the last Naruto movie but you can't get everything in life.
Mar 22, 2017 2:10 PM

May 2015

I’m glad that Naruto realize how she felt and he reciprocated her feelings and that final scene after the credits, Cute AF!

My only gripe is the lack of acknowledge of Hinata role in the 4 Shinobi war, she did so much for him at Ninja War #4 she motivated Naruto when he was about to succumb into the darkness of his hearth (after Neji's death) other than that I enjoyed this movie.

Tobuay said:
The only thing I felt was wrong about the movie was how the explained how Naruto wasn't actually in love with Sakura but rather was just competing with Sasuke. I feel that one argument is not sound. After all he was in love with Sakura before team 7... so that yeah...
That was my only gripe too... and I’m a supporter of Naruto x (whichever girl he chooses) I was glad it was Hinata but the explanation was a little too convenient... He was in Love/Puppy Love/Crush previously with Sakura and that was obvious, that is until he himself noticed that she was madly in love with Sasuke… retrieving arc and beyond.
Mar 28, 2017 9:04 PM

Mar 2014
How anyone (besides NH) can accept this as canon is beyond me.
Apr 7, 2017 5:29 PM

Dec 2012
We start off with scumbag kids.
LMAO at Naruto's clones.
Iruka knew.
Naruto being smoove with Sakura.
Naruto got his hand back, but wtf is up with his hair?
LMAO at Naruto getting called Senpai...and by all the girls. Where the fock were they when Naruto was in school? Not sure if potential gold diggers or nah.
Whoa! Ino!
Oh shit! Naruto getting love gifts.
Another one. Konohamaru looking different.
Another one.
Now 10 more at once!...Make that 11!
Whoa! Sakura! Hairstyle is like Kushina. Could this mean?
Naruto keeps getting gifts.
His crib is stacked wit gifts.
These chicks are attached to him.
I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going.
Naruto kicking ass.
This guy is using rasen-shuriken in the village like its not forbidden.
No eyes!
WTF is this brainwashing shit?
Thank goodness Sakura woke Naruto up from that brainwashing dream.
LMAO at Naruto walking into to web and the way he reacted.
You mean to tell me after the amount of times you fell from high places and landed on your back, now your back hurts? I'm calling bs.
Wow. Focking brainwashing genjutsu got Naruto focked up forcing him to say that shit.
I'm so happy for Toneri and Hinata.
Dat explosion.
Be a good fiance and knit Toneri his scarf, Hinata.
Tsunade and the other kage's.
Bee and Raikage.
Sakura put all her being into Naruto. Naruto goes to return her feelings.

Sakura: Remember long ago, when you said you loved me?
Naruto: Of course I remember...because I meant it. Why do you think I told my father that you were my girlfriend and then when you beat me down, that same father said you reminded him of my mom, Kushina?
Sakura: You only did that because you didn't want to lose to Sasuke. Go to Hinata.
Naruto: WTF is going on here? Are you deaf? Why are you forcing this Hinata shit down my throat?

Sasuke?
Temari!
Guy!
Kakashi looking cool AF!
Sasuke returns.
Kurama was getting focked up. lol
Temari's face did a total 180.
Asuma's kid was a girl?
Wow at Tenten.
LMAO at Kurama literally writing on the moon.

Sai and Ino. Oh snap! Ino going after Sasuke lookalike.
Shikamaru better be smashing Temari.
Look at Sakura all by herself. Idiot.

Kushina is having a heart attack in the afterlife. Hinata is not her wish.

Funny how this movie is pro-incest.

This whole movie is a genjutsu (a really bad inconsistent genjutsu). It started when Naruto was getting brainwashed in that dream. Unfortunately, Sakura didn't wake Naruto up before the damage started. But it was cemented by the fact that Anko didn't appear in the movie at all from beginning to end. Fock you, Kishimoto. The fock you is because Anko is my waifu.
RobApr 7, 2017 5:33 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 12, 2017 8:46 PM

Dec 2012
This was so bad, I have no words.

At least, we got to see sasuke for 5 seconds.
Apr 21, 2017 5:18 AM

Sep 2013
After putting NS on-hold at ep ~375, watched this just to get it over. The movie wasn't special but even a NarutoxHinata shipper like me felt the romance a bit sudden and forced. Hinata over the course of mission never interacted with anyone but Naruto, is just a bit of gripe for me, among other things. Though the end 2 mins, made my eyes watery.......

Also Hinata being one of the best shinobi, just acts as a damsel in distress irked me quite a bit.
Apr 21, 2017 9:21 PM

Jul 2012
I didn't really care for anything but the NaruHina stuff from this. And even that wasn't great. Romance from Naruto felt forced and a bit cheesey towards the end, but I guess it's something.
May 3, 2017 10:47 AM

Jan 2014
so this is actually how Naruto and Hinata make a progress between them.

Naruto and Hinata moment are very pleasing, watching Hinata marrying the man that she loves since the beginning of the series.

as for Tenseigan, I can't believe such an eye that actually exist.
I thought Hyuga clan's Kekkei Genkai are only Byakugan and do nothing more than chakra flow control.
but it turn out to be the best eye in the series if they evolved.
no wonder it takes many of Byakugan to form one Tenseigan.
compared to Rinnegan, it only takes one pair of sharingan, and some salty moment of sadness to active mangekyou, then add some more salty moment of sadness to evolved it into Rinnegan.

for those who says the romance is awful..
you're just jealous, do you? because Naruto get to fuck THICC Hinata rather than FLATBOARD Sakura lol
or you all jealous of Hinata happiness maybe? because you all can't get the romance like she had? then most people also in the same boat lol
for me, it's an ok romance. because what do you expect from a shonen, action, adventure anime?
May 31, 2017 9:54 AM

May 2017
A lot of salty NaruSaku fans here haha

Legit Gundam Ninja fights in the moon 5/10 but for that NaruHina development +3

8/10

Naruto being a dense harem protagonist and eventually falling for Hinata but then Hinata "dump" him and became a pathetic loser was so hilarious I've never laughed like this since Ichigo cried like a pathetic child lols
Jun 16, 2017 1:51 PM

Jun 2015
I watched the MOVIE. I finally watched it. This was the best Naruto movie. Hinata was so beautiful.

That scarf had worse luck than Ichigo's real Zanpakuto in it's bankai form.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jun 16, 2017 1:53 PM

Jun 2015
Abyhape said:

Naruto and Hinata moment are very pleasing, watching Hinata marrying the man that she loves since the beginning of the series.

I thought Hyuga clan's Kekkei Genkai are only Byakugan and do nothing more than chakra flow control.
compared to Rinnegan, it only takes one pair of sharingan, and some salty moment of sadness to active mangekyou, then add some more salty moment of sadness to evolved it into Rinnegan.

you're just jealous, do you? because Naruto get to fuck THICC Hinata rather than FLATBOARD Sakura lol
or you all jealous of Hinata happiness maybe? because you all can't get the romance like she had? then most people also in the same boat lol
for me, it's an ok romance. because what do you expect from a shonen, action, adventure anime?

you need Senju blood to make a rinnegan.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jun 17, 2017 7:43 AM

Jan 2014
Niveen_Sleem said:
Abyhape said:

remember how Hagoromo earn the Rinnegan? it only need two sad moments with his brother to activate it.
Jun 17, 2017 3:08 PM

Jun 2015
Abyhape said:
Niveen_Sleem said:

remember how Hagoromo earn the Rinnegan? it only need two sad moments with his brother to activate it.

that's for Hagoromo only. Senju and Uchiha blood mixed together is Hagoromo's blood. That's how Madara got his Rinnegan, by taking Hashirama's cells.
Jun 17, 2017 3:11 PM

Jan 2014
Niveen_Sleem said:
Abyhape said:

that's for Hagoromo only. Senju and Uchiha blood mixed together is Hagoromo's blood. That's how Madara got his Rinnegan, by taking Hashirama's cells.

yea, I know that. but I was talking about Hagoromo from the beginning.
Jun 17, 2017 4:32 PM

Jun 2015
Abyhape said:
Niveen_Sleem said:

yea, I know that. but I was talking about Hagoromo from the beginning.

I meant Hagoromo was a special case. He is the son of Kaguya. He is a direct descendant from the source and this source was split in two.
Nov 14, 2017 8:38 PM

Dec 2008
So glad Hinata's feelings were finally acknowledged and reciprocated by Naruto! She's been in love with him since they were small children.

I was a little caught off guard with that whole "You didn't really like me, you just didn't want to lose to Sasuke" thing. The way I remember it, Naruto was crushing on Sakura before the whole Sasuke rivalry began.
Dec 28, 2017 3:45 AM

Jan 2016
the story was pretty bad and I also did not like the character design

Nevertheless as Naruhina shipper I enjoyed it
Nov 7, 2018 9:54 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
if I'm honest the scenes of struggle and action seemed poor and even somewhat boring, but here the film it isn´t an action film, it´s a romance film and for me it was wonderful....the plot advance bit to bit, step to step, feelings, tears, fights and finally the love with this great kiss under the light of the moon!!!! kekeke

Dec 17, 2018 5:22 PM

May 2014
Shortly said not the best way it, and one of the worst couple development. Hinata's part was good throughout the entire series, but Naruto changed his feelings was just fucked up.

First of all, Sakura says that Naruto loved Sakura because of his and Sasuke's rivalry. That's bullshit! Naruto genuinely loved Sakura. This is known to us when Sai asked Naruto if he loved Sakura. And he replied something like that my love for her will never reach because she loves Sasuke. Basically, he had no affection towards Hinata throughout the entire series.

Until the middle of this movie there weren't any hint for his affection towards Hinata. As we all may know, coupling Hinata with Naruto became a issue in the end because Kishi hadn't paid any attention to that. Neji's death was pointless if they were going to make a movie about it anyway. .

Second, the drastic change of feeling in him didn't make any logical sense or whatsoever. The acting of them falling in love and the conversation was really bad. No offense, but this was really bad.

The second contradiction and plot hole was Sakura stated that he confessed his love before she herself, which really isn't true. We have seen numerous of time that she have confessed to Sasuke desperately to love her. Although this could be interpret in this way, she could also mean that Hinata got her confession from her lover before Sakura's, where I probably think the latter is more correct.

Either way, the set-up was fucked up already. We all knew this pairing was poor written and really bad. Instead I would either wish for a movie where we saw Sakura's journey with Sasuke. That would be much more interesting. Personally, I hope we will see an arc about this in Boruto (though I highly doubt it).

The animation was meh, the fight was average + the transformations. The were only one nice new OST (I think), the rest was modification of the old ones.

Imo, this must be the worst Naruto movie and then Road to Ninja. Deserved nothing more than 4/9 from me because it had decent fighting scenes. ^^

Last note, before I end my novel, I found a sentence I really found funny. Must be a referring to the bald man. xD

PS! Damn I wrote a novel here, sorry about that :P
mangalicker94Dec 17, 2018 5:35 PM
Dec 17, 2018 5:54 PM

May 2014
shamil98 said:
I watched the movie a few weeks ago subbed in movie theaters, just wanted to start a thread that points out how bad this was..(basically a polite rage.)
Please include anything that you disliked about the movie :)

1. The romance in the movie was god awful,
- Oh, so Hinata just happened to make a scarf that she kept all these years?
- Naruto falls in love with Hinata in like 10 minutes of the movie, and just because he realizes she loves him? What happened to him and Saruka? Why does Sakura say that Naruto only liked her because Sasuke was his rival? (He went through so much to be with Sakura early on...)
2. The villain, the other descendant from the Sage of Six Paths.
- Since the movie is considered to be canon, why is this Byakugan Princess never even mentioned once before? Why is the Hyuga bloodline never explained beforehand?..
- He just becomes this blob of eyeballs toward the end...and Naruto somehow saves him?
- Villain seems to be so overly powerful but Naruto just takes him down with one punch?
- Portal that connects Earth to the Moon, #logic (heavy sarcasm.. but still)

The movie itself is generally rushed, the romance is again horrid, and the villain is just retarded..

and NaruHina sucks.

Mod Note: Thread merged with previous version of this topic.

And not only that, why did Neji have to die??!! They made a fucking movie to prove the NaruHina shipping. LOL
Dec 17, 2018 6:07 PM

May 2014
Madara31 said:
boredxxx said:

Movie was enjoyable. People who write essays and overanalyse it ruin it for themselves because they are too busy looking for flaws instead of sitting back and relaxing.
I hope this wasn't referring to me, because I wasn't looking for flaws. I was hoping to enjoy it because I'm a very big NaruHina fan. I just didn't like the was they portrayed the events at all. And as I said, my second major gripe regarding Hinata being a damsel in distress, while that in itself was a fact, whether that annoys people is solely down to their own preferences, and I made that clear.

I really couldn't agree more. I really tried to enjoy this. Never being a hater of NaruHina or SasuSaku because it was quite predictable that Sasuke would end up with Sakura. But how they developed the whole story was really bad. This movie was totally unnecessary. We all knew Hinata would end with Naruto. But then again, this only our opinions. There is no need for everybody to have the same opinion. That would be just a boring world, dontcha agree? ;)
Dec 17, 2018 6:13 PM

May 2014
Raneer said:
Kiev said:

It's like you guys completely missed chapter 3 where he said said he liked Sakura after noticing she liked Sasuke. He never gave another reason why he liked Sakura and his feelings for her got next to zero attention outside of a blush here and a half-hearted date request there, so this shouldn't be surprised it was just a fleeting crush. Especially when you compare it to how he acted around somebody he actually loved, as shown in this movie.

Anyway, I enjoyed it.

I remember when Sai were introduced he had a conversation with her about his feeling about Sakura. I remember he said he had feeling for her, but couldn't confront her before fulfilling his promise to her. Maybe it's only in the anime, but there is some hint other places too hinting that he is in love with Sakura. ^^
Jan 22, 2019 2:11 PM

May 2013
Naruto sure knows how to make a damn good paper airplane for it to fly across the village like that LMAO.

Their little date during the mission melted my heart, ugh
Where is Kankurou? I need him to come see these lowly puppets and laugh at them as his babies annihilate them all XD
Sasuke looked uggo, I'm sorry, but what happened? LOL. YiKES. Too much Orochin influence lulzzzzz

Destroying the big evil eye with the POWER OF LOVEEEEEE~~~
Minato and Kushina would be proud hahahah xD

Mizukage is smart. Always, ALWAYS bet on the dark horse Naruto. Even Tsunade, the Queen of Losing, didn't lose her gamble on Naruto xD
dat Muffler Punch!!!!! Saitama and Mikasa are quaking LOLOLOL

We got blessed with Kurama's presence *heart eyes* He's so cute with his calligraphy skillz x'D

NaruHina is always too cute. I AIN'T CRYIN', YOUSE CRYIN'.
Love them so much <333333333 9/10. There were some ghey cringey moments, but I love. Lmaoooo. They totally kissed in front of the moon to spite Toneri. Naruto aka Mr. Steal Yo Waifu ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mar 5, 2019 10:04 PM

Aug 2012
I am such a sap, I absolutely adored pretty much all the Naruto/Hinata scenes. After seeing the movie, I was thinking of giving it an 8 solely for those scenes but having let it sit, as much as I'm a sucker for stuff like Naruto and Hinata flying up and kissing center-framed with a moon backdrop, it wasn't quite as good as that on a whole because their's still the Toneri aspect of the film. He was a pretty uninteresting villain, the only thing I really like about him is the ending where Naruto and Hinata both showcased their stupid amount of empathy, they deserve each-other (I do legitimately like that they both displayed kindness to him, it's fitting for both of them but it's another trait that illustrates their compatibility with each-other). And the fight sequences weren't very memorable though it's not much of a detractor since the animation was quality. And I do think the plot kinda dragged a bit, and the moon destruction thing was a bit unnecessary. And the whole "write down who you want to spend your last day with" scene was transparently scripted just for the romance stuff. Like, there's no reason Iruka would've had to bring that topic up in class and make them write it, I can't think of any feasible reason that'd be a subject material. I liked how it was used, but still.

Even with the romance stuff, which I did seriously enjoy, there were issues. I couldn't help but feel during the beginning of the movie that Hinata seemed a bit regressed after already declaring her feelings for Naruto in the Pain arc or during her wake-up call to him in the War arc after Neji's death. But Naruto somehow didn't grasp the confession in the Pain arc (which from my understanding, is more plausible in the Japanese language, considering she might've said "Daisuki" in that moment, which could be either platonic or romantic). And I don't like how much Hinata is damsel in distress'd here. I do like that both her and Naruto were needed to destroy that Tensaigan, it was cute moment.

On a similar note, re-contextualizing Naruto's feelings towards Sakura as a part of his rivalry with Sasuke was weird. Like, I think it makes sense, but it was weird to hear it laid out like that. Anyway, may have swooned at a few points, but 7/10 for me. Which is of course, not a negative score by any means, but I'd rate the Naruto/Hinata stuff as a whole a lot higher if they weren't packaged in with some lame villain and plot. They're decent enough to not detract much from the experience at least.
Apr 7, 2019 6:59 AM

Aug 2008
My immersion was constantly being broken by a train of thought running along the lines of: How did he know kage bunshing before learning it and why the failed effect was such a poor comedic relief... What the crap is with the technology in that world. How come they are able to research space and make such holographic projections... Are they forgetting they can walk on water and walls? Really what the crap is with technology there and "Kage clock"... Why jump into unknown substance like a suicidal moron instead of scouting with a kage bunshin... Since she already confessed during the battle with Pain what's what all this faffing around in this movie... Really, that fall? Why not use a kage bunshing to put the ointment on yourself... No series is safe from cucking and NTR... What's with that yellow Rasengan... So moon is empty inside and can sustain life... Wait, air raid shelter in a world without planes and you know... air raids? Hidden village of the dark side of the Moon huh... Well, this is getting dumber and dumber. Chakra transdimensional gun... ok, so the movie is just taking the piss. Putting aside that nothing makes any sense here, why would the bad guy need Hinata if he already got Hanabi's eyes to get Tenseigan...? What the shit is with Kurama chakra running around independently from Naruto?! Oh good, jumping lines of lights, the epitome of half assing a battle... Moon being cut in half... I guess shark finally got jumped. Oh, another one.... They let him go... that amount of piss can cause global flooding.

All in all, crappy movie. One with girl looking like Hinata was a better NaruHina story than this one.The best part was the implication of Hinata gauging eyes of the bad guy. Well, and the look of mature Hinata.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» I'm confused

Mushroomen - Jul 28, 2022

20 by rileybrok »»
Jul 27, 2023 11:15 PM

» When to watch the last

removed-user - Feb 3, 2022

23 by Shwetank_anime »»
Oct 9, 2022 10:49 PM

» Good shonen movies to watch even from any series

bgloudcold_24 - Mar 29, 2022

12 by Komlan_6 »»
Mar 30, 2022 2:14 PM

» Do I need to watch this before Boruto?

SoulessAnime - May 1, 2021

14 by Waves-Elian »»
Feb 21, 2022 12:21 AM

» Am I the only person who hated this movie?

NervousWreck - May 3, 2015

36 by Sunproof21 »»
Sep 16, 2021 8:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.