Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Granblue Fantasy
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 2017 8:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Geez, the enemy can really get desperate with their chase.

At least Lyria has her self control and powers this time and teaches them a lesson. About time, seriously.
I gotta give Gran some credit for his talking skills though. He knows how to help Lyria like a good friend that he is.
Jun 10, 2017 9:19 AM

Apr 2010
Well the ending was interesting but i wonder what it will mean for future episodes.
Anyway it seems that guy from the empire never learns, despite being defeated each time he still remains an arrogant bastard.
Guess he lacks intellect.
Jun 10, 2017 10:17 AM

Dec 2014
Yggdrasil is awesome. Wish we could see more of her. xD

Gran saves Lyria from her coma with the present he gave her.

The bad guys shows up and it was pretty cool that Lyria got Tiamat to take them out. Time to save the Leviathan.
Jun 10, 2017 11:02 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
At this point, i desperately want a 2nd season for this and i hope it's being considered judging by the immense sales.

Wonderful scene with Gran and Lyria, you don't have to spell it out that they're in love with each other.

The character bond is the greatest thing about this series, really just as straightforward as it can be, just like the Final Fantasy series. That's why this series gives me such great feels like back then.
Jun 10, 2017 11:18 AM
Jan 2011
Well, despite this show being as simple and it gets and probably oriented at kids I've been enjoying it way more than I had expected. It's beauty lies in it's simplicity I guess. Just a journey full of adventure. It's fun. Liked this episode too. Really a pity that the next episode seems to be the final one for now. This show is not a 10, but still should get a rating reflecting it's enjoyability. Something like 7.97 or so would be fair considering ratings on MAL. 6.99 does not give it justice though that's subjective of course.
Jun 10, 2017 11:37 AM

Dec 2016
Dante323 said:
Well, despite this show being as simple and it gets and probably oriented at kids I've been enjoying it way more than I had expected. It's beauty lies in it's simplicity I guess. Just a journey full of adventure. It's fun. Liked this episode too. Really a pity that the next episode seems to be the final one for now. This show is not a 10, but still should get a rating reflecting it's enjoyability. Something like 7.97 or so would be fair considering ratings on MAL. 6.99 does not give it justice though that's subjective of course.

rating on most anime site and critics are irrelevant and overrated at least to me. And what matter is your own enjoyment.
Jun 10, 2017 1:09 PM

Sep 2013
Yggdrasil helps the gang and lyria x gran have a heartfelt talk :)
Lyria calling on her beasts for help successfully and rosetta was with gran's dad on his journey so that's why she helped him.
Jun 10, 2017 5:05 PM

May 2015
Lyria is back again, ayy.

Decent episode.

Jun 10, 2017 5:10 PM

Jun 2015
Got to go inside Lyria's consciousness. Yggdrasil helped out. Gran and Lyria had a nice moment. They have a good bond with each other. She managed to come back. Everyone is happy to see her. The Empire attacked again. Lyria did great calling on Tiamat to help out. Now everyone is going back to save Leviathan.
Jun 11, 2017 4:22 AM
Sep 2016
Dante323 said:

Do take into account that when it finishes airing it will get a little plus and will mostly likely hit 7.x.
Jun 11, 2017 7:33 AM
Dec 2014
Great episode and interesting to know that it seems that Rosetta knows Gran's father!!
Jun 11, 2017 7:42 PM
Jan 2014
Decent ep. However, MOTHER OF EARTH GRIDS, SHE'S HERE!

The story diverged from the original plot, but this is still good, I guess.
I rate this episode 7.5/10.

Roadkiller said:
Great episode and interesting to know that it seems that Rosetta knows Gran's father!!

Oh, how I want elaborate on that, but there is a time and place for everything.
Smudy said:

Wonderful scene with Gran and Lyria, you don't have to spell it out that they're in love with each other.

I wonder how you would react when

Jun 12, 2017 12:49 AM

Mar 2016
It's such a drag to sit down to watch this anime each week...ugh I'm just having such a hard time getting into the plot, the characters, the whole damn thing is just...blah! I'm renaming this anime BlandBlue Fantasy #WhoCares
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jun 12, 2017 3:57 AM
Jan 2014
Loli_PoP said:
It's such a drag to sit down to watch this anime each week...ugh I'm just having such a hard time getting into the plot, the characters, the whole damn thing is just...blah! I'm renaming this anime BlandBlue Fantasy #WhoCares

Do remember: The first priority audience of an adaptation of a game/manga/LN/etc., is the people who love the source. Feel free to drop this if you're a secondary (or tertiary, since there is already an LN ver. and a manga ver. of this series).
Jun 12, 2017 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
The most exciting thing about the whole episode is to know that Rosetta knows Gran's father. What a pity that Gran has not filled blows that old shit.
Jun 13, 2017 1:59 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Its nice to see the concern and worry that Gran and his friends display for Lyria though. They been through so much together that it can be seen that they are now great friends and friends will always try to help each other in times of need. The reveal of yggdrasil as looking just like a human was a surprise though. The method of bringing Lyria back via the use of Gran's bond and using that to allow him to enter her mind was interesting though. It was interesting to see that in her closed mind Lyria's mental image is that of a ice encrusted library though. Seeing Lyria get trapped in those past horrible memories where she was being used by the empire though was horrible. Hmm to think that Lyria become convinced that everything thats happened to them so far has been her fault. That scientist really did a good number on her though. Given Lyria's personality and how sensitive she is to others feelings this sense of having caused misfortune will caused her to think that it was her fault for messing with her friends places as well. Hmm so all this time behind that sweet smile Lyria's been thinking that she's just been a burden to them all eh. Hmm to think that Lyria will go as far as sacrifice herself to ensure that Gran survives though and be away from her but man it looks like that charm came in handy in the end. And that Gran managed to hand it to her as well. Grans words combined with what the charm represents really did a great job of turning this situation around though. Truly this was a great teamwork by the team. Im so glad that they managed to rescue Lyria from her prison though. Katalina's reaction though she must have been worried sick about Lyria though. She's been taking care of her for so long after all.

Hmm so the empire is trying to find Yggdrasil eh. Well now with Lyria back and Rosetta with them the team should be able to deal with them. But man this scientist just see's Lyria as a minster to be controlled. When he himself is the monster. But now Lyria's bond with her friends are reforged and stronger than ever his words mean nothing to her. Hmm that was some damm good teamwork that they used when dealing with little arrogant scientist though. Hmm dropping them into a lake was the best course of action i think. Must be embarrassing for them lol. Hmm Rosetta's like a mysterious stranger that shows up to help in their time of need but not sticking around permanently eh. It looks like their next task is to save Augsute and Leviathan from the empire then. Damm the empire contaminating everything that they get their hands on.

Grans seems to be far more determined to help Lyria after hearing of her past from Katalina. Hmm while considering the fact that Rosetta just appeared out of nowhere to save them i'll be cautious as well but i have a hunch that Rosetta is trustworthy though. But its nice that Rackam is cautious at least. Rosetta's response though is funny in that she used humor to deflect suspicion. Though determined to help Lyria it's clear that they are all worried a great deal about her though. Its nice that they show all this in the episode. Hmm an island that likes to be forgotten eh. Lyria's dream is in a blood soaked library eh. Its so sad seeing Lyria get so sad and lose her usual cheerful self though. Damm that scientist though. It seems that Rosetta's been to this island before and that the creatures living there respect her enough in not to hurt her. Hmm the underground tree by the lake sure looks pretty. Hmm the name yggdrasil sounds pretty familiar though. Hmm this primal beast looks like a human. Its nice to see that Gran and the teams determination to save Lyria is so strong though. A sentiment that the primal beast can see as well. Hmm the primal beast of creation truly is impressive in managing to create a path of branches that quickly. Hmm so to wake Lyria they are using Gran's bond with her to mind walk into her mind eh. Interesting.

Hmm so Io was trying to fix the charm that Lyria had that broke during last episode eh. Good idea as this charm symbolizes friendship and unity something that Lyria dearly needs to be reminded off now. Well i guess Gran and Lyria never had the chance to have a heart to heart talk because of the tasks that they had to do during their travels and all the plots they had to deal with as well. Her past tragic memories have really effected her eh.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2017 10:32 AM

Dec 2013
Ewww I really hate this franchise, 10-pulls-of-hell f u

sorry, back to topic, nice suplement for anyone playing the game, other than that, meh, this eps is no exception, I do like the animation tho
Jun 15, 2017 9:18 PM

Oct 2008
Gran has succeeded bringing Lyria back!
4/5.

Jun 16, 2017 11:21 AM

Sep 2014
Yggdrasil the cutest. Loved when she jumped to hug Rosetta <3
Was good seeing Lyria back to normal and even wrecking that Pommern bastard.
Jun 17, 2017 8:06 AM

Jul 2016
glad that Lyria got back, Yggdrasil so cute
Jun 18, 2017 11:04 PM

Jun 2013
Great and super sweet episode! One of the best so far!
Jun 19, 2017 6:44 AM

Jul 2008
This is quickly dropping into meh territory I'm afraid.
Jun 22, 2017 5:37 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
a little boring with this indecisons, althought the last 3 minutes a was better but or change the rythm or this series end badly!!!
Jun 25, 2017 5:22 AM

Jul 2009
Yggdrasil was cool and that is it...
Jun 25, 2017 3:52 PM

Sep 2015
Darn awesome fight! Wow lol Rosetta turns out to be one of Gran's father's crewmates.
Jul 2, 2017 10:51 AM

Jan 2017
Damn those onion ninjas!
This episode was kinda emotional
I literally cried during this episode
Gran x Lyria FTW!

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Jul 22, 2017 10:41 PM

Jan 2013
It would be even better if Gran and Lyria kissed xD
So Rosetta knows Gran's father? Interesting... i hope that she joins the crew xD
Btw Rosetta is badass.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 3, 2017 7:09 AM

Dec 2016
Really good episode with some pretty touching moments and Im also really glad they finally seemed to have beaten that "desune" bastard
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Oct 6, 2017 1:15 AM

Apr 2013
Surprisingly this episode actually had some flavor to it. liked the discussion about Lyria's supposedly inherent destructive nature that was raised and debated by her and Gran. Though i do felt a bit disappointed in how it was settled.
Still, episodes like this give me hope about the anime, despite its lackluster gallery of villains, if it ever gets a second season. Since, i don't think it's going to showcase another such an episode with only two episodes left. if it does, however, i'll change my opinion and rating for the show.
Apr 4, 2019 3:25 PM

Aug 2007
It would be really awkward if Gran decided to have a serious relationship with anyone other than Lyria...

Aug 25, 2019 6:28 AM

Mar 2018
Gran you smoothtalker

Tiamat shrank? Or just adjusted body size? Either way the enemies got blown off
Still no blood huh..

Rosetta was a party member of Gran's father now everything makes a bit more sense
Just before she said it I thought maybe she's the mother? Well maybe she is but... Idk now I kinda doubt it too after she said it idk why

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Oct 17, 2019 5:39 AM

Sep 2018
Yet I imagined that this arc narrative would not last more than the others, however it seems that will end with the end of the anime series, oh well! The narration with the twist on the appearance of Yggdrasil, took me a little off guard, I believed that the protagonists would have solved the matter with the bad guys and with the Leviathan, satisfied that things went differently. Drawings and backgrounds not a bad quality.
Jan 21, 2020 6:00 AM

May 2018
So Rosetta accompanied Gran's father on his journey. How fascinating
Dec 20, 2020 5:47 AM

Jul 2015
Nice to see Gran and Lyria strong bond, a human-sized Tiamat and also to know Rosetta knows Gran's dad in some way.

Skirt-wearing captain Pommern really doesn't know when to give up, he really wants that stomp to his face huh?

Feb 20, 2023 6:57 PM

Jun 2007
Working my way through this show.  It's decent, but the fact it's obviously aimed at kids is a little annoying.  How many times are they going to just run off the bad guys?  Gran was right there close to the imperial captain.  Maybe next time he'll think to run his sword through the captain's neck when he's that close and thus stop any future irritating encounters heh.
Mar 4, 2023 2:35 AM

Oct 2021
Gran should've beheaded those imperial guys SMH

More topics from this board

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 13, 2017

42 by ArtemisMeiko »»
Jan 27, 1:25 AM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2017

103 by LeoTWW »»
Jan 6, 5:27 PM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Pipe - Jun 24, 2017

195 by Nihilna »»
Dec 29, 2023 8:18 PM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2017

88 by Alvie48xi »»
Mar 4, 2023 5:40 AM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

49 by Alvie48xi »»
Mar 1, 2023 7:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.